User Tag List

Page 1081 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 1071107710781079108010811082108310841085 ... LastLast
Results 108,001 to 108,100 of 108985

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Discussion Thread

Simon
    Best commentator at the moment is Ian Darke imo. Sure I've made this point before but a big part of his appeal is that he sounds like Lord Alfred Hayes.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, yeah. Darke has always been good. Glad he's back with BT now.

He was always the best when I used to watch the boxing too.

The Rosk
    Most of our attacking players are so abysmal. Grealish would get 50 assists a season with any decent strikeforce.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, beating City and Liverpool in one week. What a great performance, take that Jesus Sucks/underscore

The Rosk
    Any chance you could have a rest on Tuesday?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a decent chance I reckon. We will probably rotate a bit. I really hope Villa stay up. Leeds coming and hope Forest will. Proper teams.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mad how Tierney is better than prime Maldini.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like him. Since he has shaken the injuries off he has been different class.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    A lot of people think he tucks his top in, but in a little known fact it’s actually footballs first onesie.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we are going to rotate a lot tonight @The Rosk. I reckon you have a decent chance. Pretty mad we then play Watford at the weekend as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Arsenal played their part. Brilliant stuff, gwan Villa.

Would be chuffed to see the back of Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford in one go. Three nice little inoffensive family clubs, all gone. BYE.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's understandable why you'd want to see the back of "three nice little inoffensive family clubs" seeing as Chelsea are the complete opposite.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh snap.

The Rosk
    Last night was fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    It's understandable why you'd want to see the back of "three nice little inoffensive family clubs" seeing as Chelsea are the complete opposite.
    Haha, I'm messing about. I do like and will miss Norwich, Delia and the irresistible Daniel Farke.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Haha, I'm messing about. I do like and will miss Norwich, Delia and the irresistible Daniel Farke.
    Me too, bro. The opportunity was too good to waste.

Simon
    TraXX what is the craic with Norwich? I've watched them all season and it just baffles me how you've done so badly because individually I think half your team is class. Cantwell, Lewis, Buendia, Godfrey and Aarons all look good, and then at either end you have a decent goalkeeper and a decent striker...so why have you struggled to pick up points? Are those players just not as good as I and others think? Cantwell and Lewis in particular look like great players IMO, but all the others have done well as well. Is the rest of the squad just completely, ridiculously terrible?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injuries has ravaged the squad. I can't recall us ever being able to have a sustained period with our first choice back 4 of Aarons, Godfrey, Zimmerman and Lewis. Even our back up players have had long spells out with Klose, Hanley and Byram missing chunks of the season.

It hasn't helped with Pukki being out of form, with Drmic a massive disappointment. Buendia and Cantwell have been superb and we really should've been able to convert more of the chances they create. I don't want to play the VAR card, but we have had some shocking luck with decisions that would normally have gone in our favour. Pukki's goal that was ruled offside against you guys immediately springs to mind, as well as Palace's last minute equaliser before lockdown. All small things but they greatly affected our momentum.

We couldn't spend any money and all of our loans turned out to be busts. Together with a small squad meant we were behind everyone from the start.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Last night was fucking brilliant.
    You're welcome. I reckon it will be a stronger team against Watford.

Feel slightly torn about it as I do like Villa, but Watford was my most local team growing up so got a soft spot for them too. Shame West Ham pulled away.

The Rosk
    Whilst I wish that we had a striker that can finish his dinner (6 goals between our entire strikeforce this season), last night was the best performance of our season. To a man, everyone was great. Konsa had his best game in a Villa shirt, McGinn was relentless, Jack fucking oozed class. It's in our hands now which is remarkable given ten days ago we were 1/33 to go down.

The Rosk
    Hilarious to see this @JP

JP
    @jpkesseler
    ·
    12h
    Villa are going to stay up thanks to a one in a gazillion chance of Hawkeye buggering up.

I hate you, 2020.
    :.

OK so shall we just remember that one and not the shitload that have gone against us then? OK. Cool. KROIYH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfzG_SXOeo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the day Liverpool FC get their hands on the Premier League trophy after 30 years; they did with 96 points. Destiny.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Fuck me, beating City and Liverpool in one week. What a great performance, take that Jesus Sucks/underscore
    Victim. Always the victim never your fault. “Take that lol”, bit like Juliano Belleti shouted just before he buried your shitbox club in the Champions League Final that marvellous day. And similar to what Chelsea said before they battered you in the Europa League Final 3 days before you and every single Gooner in the world sat and simply begged us to beat Spurs in the CL Final last year... every, single, one of you

Don’t worry though we’ll continue our habit of a lifetime and beat those fucking pricks Everton for you next season so you win the battle for 10th Place again.

And no need to start crying again playa, just some light hearted banter all in the spirit of fun and bantz. No malice intended it’s all in the spirit of bantz and good natured playful banter.

And you don’t have a Gold Premier League Trophy btw, Victim. The title you won in 2004 was silver just like the one we lifted tonight, you were just given a gold miniature replica too, which you gave Arsene Wenger as a retirement present so he could shove it up his big French fanny every night during retirement.

Glad you beat City btw! Loved that. What a backs to the wall, smash and grab, park the bus masterclass that was. Looking forward to Chelsea pumping you in another Cup Final.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha everyone knows that Liverpool are victim FC.

Lol at bringing up a game from 14 years ago well done

Fact is, we were unbeaten and received a GOLD trophy, something you lot will never get.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And everyone knows Arsenal are the laughing stock of world sport, absolutely fucking shite, just lost to Aston Villa and are 10th in the League. A position Liverpool haven’t finished in for 60 years. So yeah, no need to get personal. it’s not my fault you’re just really, really fucking shit. Really truly, horribly shit.

and No different to you bringing up a title win from 16 years ago. Don’t blame you, it was the last decent thing you did or will ever do again.

And no it’s not a fact, you received a tinpot miniature replica for an unimpressive 90 Point Season, which you don’t even own anymore. You have no gold premier league trophy... just a small gold replica in a box in Wenger’s attic. you know it, I know it and it kills you. Now that’s a fact

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did I get personal exactly?

Yeah, we have had a shit season no argument from me there - but Liverpool had plenty in recent years before Klopp turned them round, no reason we cannot do the same with the right manager and backing.

It is a fact I'm afraid, we did receive a gold trophy from the Premier League, I know you cannot bear that we were unbeaten and had the best team in Premier League history

The Rosk
    I've got a hotel room to watch Sunday's games on my own and with nobody around so I can scream and cry and shout to my heart's content. So fucking nervous it's unreal.

I hope Arsenal spank the shit out of Watford and Everton can hold Bournemouth just to make this easy.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will do it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did I get personal exactly?

Yeah, we have had a shit season no argument from me there - but Liverpool had plenty in recent years before Klopp turned them round, no reason we cannot do the same with the right manager and backing.

It is a fact I'm afraid, we did receive a gold trophy from the Premier League, I know you cannot bear that we were unbeaten and had the best team in Premier League history
    You’ll do fucking nothing, you’re crap.

And continuing with the lie doesn’t make it true, everyone knows it’s a lie. Your banner at The Emirates implies you received a gold premier league trophy in 2004, but you didn’t. Google Images proves it was the regular silver one and all you got was a piece of shit 30cm tall gold replica which you fucking gave away 2 years ago. Which proves even the club think it’s worthless.

And now I know you’re taking the piss thinking that bang average 90 point side was the best side ever. Didn’t even win The Champions League, which is hilarious and I still enjoy Wayne Bridge ripping your fucking hearts out at Highbury that season ahahaha absolute quality. You really are Chelsea’s bitches aren’t you, which is also funny because Chelsea aren’t even that good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I’ll even pre empt it, post the Gerrard Slip, I’m not even arsed, got over it about 5 years ago. It’s already died a death and is largely irrelivant now since we battered everyone and won the lot. Or someone post Sterling kissing the title, or Salah crying in Kiev. That’s pretty much all you guys have left to live off since all of you are shite and can’t lay a glove on us. We came straight back and won all that stuff anyway, it all just adds to the storyline, it’s a thing of beauty. Proper Hollywood, still talk about it in 200 years stuff.
    Last edited by Underscore_; July 23rd, 2020 at 6:57 AM.

The Rosk

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underscore_ View Post

And continuing with the lie doesn’t make it true, everyone knows it’s a lie. Your banner at The Emirates implies you received a gold premier league trophy in 2004, but you didn’t. Google Images proves it was the regular silver one and all you got was a piece of shit 30cm tall gold replica which you fucking gave away 2 years ago. Which proves even the club think it’s worthless.

And now I know you’re taking the piss thinking that bang average 90 point side was the best side ever. Didn’t even win The Champions League, which is hilarious and I still enjoy Wayne Bridge ripping your fucking hearts out at Highbury that season ahahaha absolute quality. You really are Chelsea’s bitches aren’t you, which is also funny because Chelsea aren’t even that good.
    Ahahahahahaha bang average side. A side that went the whole league unbeaten and had the best player in Premier League history in Thierry Henry. So we went out the CL, what happened to you in the CL this season?

Average side don't have nicknames, 'The Invincibles', 'The Treble Side', 'The Centurions'. Liverpool won't have that, they won't go down as a top 5 winning title team in the Premier league, probably not even top 3. That's why no doubt you were crying into your cornflakes when Watford buttfucked you back in March just hilarious.

Is yours gold?
    Last edited by Romford Pele; July 23rd, 2020 at 6:59 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Won the lot' = One title, one CL trophy. Man U did more than that in one season

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Won the lot' = One title, one CL trophy. Man U did more than that in one season

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway lads that’s enough engaging with this tedious no mark who cries over the Rep System and who I honestly don’t even fucking remember. Time to exit when it stops being fun and starts getting boring with someone writing the same old bollocks over and over. I’ll be back in a year to laugh at Arsenal’s latest catastrophe of a season. Won’t lie I expect everyone to improve... except Arsenal, who will, as all of us know in our hearts, remain the laughing stock of world sport.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, do one then.

Hopefully you aren't going to try and get someone sacked from their job like you did last time either.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ahahahahahaha bang average side. A side that went the whole league unbeaten and had the best player in Premier League history in Thierry Henry. So we went out the CL, what happened to you in the CL this season?
    Thierry Henry as good as he was is nowhere near the best player in premier league history I would argue he's not even Arsenals best as that is Bergkamp.

Ryan Giggs ifor me is the best player in premier league history based on longevity and consistency. Plus people forget how genuinely great he was at first instead remembering the final few seasons when he went into central midfield.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Giggs never got anywhere near the same heights Henry reached. Henry didn't do it over a short period either, 8 years of staggering brilliance.

I would also rate Shearer higher than Giggs if you going by consistency as well.

The Rosk
    Henry is the best PL player ever for me. There are so many different factors to take in to such a discussion, and can usually go down a horrendously bollocks argument - but Henry was just utter class for so long, scary to play against for many years, and had absolutely everything in his locker, and of course was a massive influence on how the entire team played. 258 apps, 175 goals, 74 assists.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think had Ronaldo stayed at United he probably would have overtaken him - he arguably peaked at Madrid even though he was unplayable for his last 3 seasons at United.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go for Henry too. An incredible player in his pomp. Ronaldo at his best may have been the best player we've seen in the Prem, but it was too short. I can't put him over the Shearer's, Giggs' and Lampard's. I don't think it can be overstated how good the league was at that point either - Chelsea were unbelievable going into 06/07 and strengthened with Ashley Cole and Ballack, and Ronaldo just willed them over the finishing line late on. I could probably name the first 11 for most of the league that season, a genuinely very high quality competition.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a bit of fun, my top 10 players of PL era:-

1) Henry
    2) Shearer
    3) Ronaldo
    4) R Ferdinand
    5) Giggs
    6) Aguero
    7) Vieria
    8) Roy Keane
    9) Cantona
    10) Bergkamp

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, depends how you're ranking them. Of course Giggs beats just about everyone for longevity but I agree Henry's peak was higher. Came second for the Ballon D'Or in 2003 and while Ronaldo and Owen won it whilst playing for PL clubs I think you could argue Henry was better than either of them in that year.

And yeah, 06/07 we were still really strong. Second on 83 points, still 6 behind United but we only lost 3 games. Just missed out to Liverpool in the CL semis on pens too. Three English teams in the CL semis that year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaka was absolutely unplayable against United and Mourinho put together a defensive masterclass in the FA Cup final. Then 07/08 there was the Portsmouth FA Cup quarter final with the penalty and Ferdinand going in goal that prevented a treble, and then 08/09 was penalties in the semi final of the FA Cup against Everton and an unbelievable Barcelona team in the Champions League final that denied a quadruple. That was United at their best, those three seasons. Obviously the 98/99 to 00/01 gets the plaudits for the treble and the points tally, but look how close they got to the full haul three seasons in a row pretty much, when the chasing pack was as good as they were. In terms of best sides, it's that team, Chelsea from 04/05 to 06/07 and City these past three seasons that stand out above the rest, though there's an argument for the Arsenal 01/02 to 03/04 as they overcame that terrific United side to win the league, then went unbeaten two seasons later. I think the league was somewhat in transition pre-Mourinho, but they were the business.

Rooney's the main omission from that list, and probably Lampard. There's no way Rooney isn't an all timer in the league.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely Henry. Romford should win a prize for finally being right about something.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Kaka was absolutely unplayable against United and Mourinho put together a defensive masterclass in the FA Cup final. Then 07/08 there was the Portsmouth FA Cup quarter final with the penalty and Ferdinand going in goal that prevented a treble, and then 08/09 was penalties in the semi final of the FA Cup against Everton and an unbelievable Barcelona team in the Champions League final that denied a quadruple. That was United at their best, those three seasons. Obviously the 98/99 to 00/01 gets the plaudits for the treble and the points tally, but look how close they got to the full haul three seasons in a row pretty much, when the chasing pack was as good as they were. In terms of best sides, it's that team, Chelsea from 04/05 to 06/07 and City these past three seasons that stand out above the rest, though there's an argument for the Arsenal 01/02 to 03/04 as they overcame that terrific United side to win the league, then went unbeaten two seasons later. I think the league was somewhat in transition pre-Mourinho, but they were the business.

Rooney's the main omission from that list, and probably Lampard. There's no way Rooney isn't an all timer in the league.
    Who would you remove from that list for Rooney and Lampard?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have Rooney in over Aguero most likely, and Lampard over Rio. Aguero is a great player and obviously transformed City into what they are today, but I think he's played a lot of his football in a weaker league than yesteryear, and has been the focal point of a team that just mercilessly wrecks opposition. Is it better to score 3 hat tricks or score in 9 different games? He's obviously in contention for top 10 and there's no right or wrong answer, but I'd have Rooney over him. More goals still, and he had that one season in particular, 09/10, where he looked every bit the best player on the planet besides Messi and Ronaldo. 11/12 he was awesome too as the focal point of the United attack. I don't think Aguero's come to that peak, and he hasn't (yet) had the same level of consistency.

Lampard over Ferdinand is apples and oranges, being a midfielder and a defender, but he was just a consistently great football player for nearly 20 years. Ferdinand had peaks and troughs, defensive partner depending, whereas Frank was pretty much nailed on to give you 10+ goals, 10+ assists, and a 7/10+ for 35+ games every year. Wasn't flashy or spectacular, and obviously the stats are skewed by penalties, but he was class. Again, no right or wrong answer.

Would anybody put Hazard up there, or is the consensus that he blew too hot and cold during his time in the Prem? I don't think there was a more talented player while he was here, but he's gone a year and he's all but forgotten about. Too short a stint? Would Ronaldo, for example, be placed anywhere near the top spot for best Prem players of all time if he blew both of his knees out in his Real debut and fizzled out?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Who would you remove from that list for Rooney and Lampard?
    Aguero , Ferdinand , Vieria and Keane would go out of mine for those two then I would also add in Scholes and Drogba.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, do one then.

Hopefully you aren't going to try and get someone sacked from their job like you did last time either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yeah, depends how you're ranking them. Of course Giggs beats just about everyone for longevity but I agree Henry's peak was higher. Came second for the Ballon D'Or in 2003 and while Ronaldo and Owen won it whilst playing for PL clubs I think you could argue Henry was better than either of them in that year.

And yeah, 06/07 we were still really strong. Second on 83 points, still 6 behind United but we only lost 3 games. Just missed out to Liverpool in the CL semis on pens too. Three English teams in the CL semis that year.
    This is the problem with Henry as top player - if you go for consistency then Keane, Gerrard, Scholes or Shearer would be higher. If you go for highest peak, then Ronaldo would be higher, probably Suarez too. If you go for importance then Keane, Cantona, Schmeichel or even Silva would be higher. Henry is definitely a contender on just about any criteria and is clearly one of the greatest without a doubt, but I don't think there's any criteria that he comes out top on.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo and Suarez had a higher peak than Henry? Ronaldo had a higher peak at Madrid, but United? Suarez was great but not in Henry's class, come on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think objectively you can't rank Henry outside of the top 3. It wasn't like he was a flash in the pan, even if he didn't have the years of a Gerrard or Lampard, and his peak absolutely is up there with the best. 5 seasons in a row of 24 goals or more. His legacy looks completely different if his peak doesn't coincide with that United dynasty as well as the early Mourinho era. Still, won 2 titles, 4 golden boots and was the star of the only invincible side in Premier League history. His only two rivals for the top spot legitimately are Shearer and Giggs, Shearer being the all time top goalscorer (but even still, won less Golden Boots than Henry) and Giggs being so remarkably brilliant for 20 years, goals in 21 consecutive seasons, and all the trophy winning sides he was a part of. For me it's Giggs, Shearer then Henry due to the comparative length of time spent in the league.

I do think winning the thing has to rank high in criteria too. It's why I wouldn't put Gerrard in the top 5. For as good as he was, he didn't get Liverpool over the finish line.

Simon
    Ronaldo and Suarez had a higher peak than Henry? Ronaldo had a higher peak at Madrid, but United? Suarez was great but not in Henry's class, come on.
    What I'm saying is Ronaldo in 2007-08 and Suarez in 2013-14 had better single seasons than Henry ever had at Arsenal. I would argue as well that Bale in his last season at Spurs is as good as any player has played in a single season, but it isn't remembered very well because the rest of the team was utter dog shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that's underrating Henry in the Invincibles season, he scored so many clutch goals to maintain that. It's at least on par with those great seasons. There's been seasons where players just bang in the goals every week (numerous players with 30+ goals a season), but no other where the talisman has helped his team go unbeaten. Scored in the big games, scored equalisers to maintain that streak. Ronaldo's pips it just about (scored in 21 of 34 games - Suarez 18 of 33, 20 of 37), and United lost 3 of the 7 games he didn't start while only losing 2 of the 31 he did, showing his influence that year. But Henry was in that class.

Bale that year, and Salah's first year at Liverpool, are good shouts for best peaks.

Simon
    Like I said I'm not caning Henry at all, he was unbelievable and he's definitely in with a shout of best of all time (I'd probably say Keane or Shearer personally). But I think the Ronaldo and Suarez seasons are definitely better, and would argue the Bale season too simply because he was winning us games single-handedly almost every week. Usually the term 'one man team' is reductive and it means an entire team plays towards one player's strengths, so that their individual performances are made possible by the collective. That Tottenham team was a passive, slow, stodgy side that consistently won games because Bale would get the ball on his own and either skin everyone, or bang it into the top corner. The number of goals he scored that had nothing to do with the overall team was ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nlSjktw_U

Looking at this Youtube video of his goals in the 2012-13 season, he scored 26 goals and 14 of them had little or no involvement of other Spurs players. I've actually been conservative with that, I haven't included ones where someone has played a good pass but he's still had lots of work to do. 14 goals that were either all his own work, or involved nothing more than a simple pass. If the rest of the side were even half-decent we'd have won something that year and it would be talked about as one of the great individual seasons.

Simon
    Oh also, any of you dickheads fancy taking part in a Rajah FIFA league? We've just completed the first season and it was a good laugh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1194273848

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fuck it I will even though I am shit at FIFA

- - - Updated - - -

Also in terms of peak seasons I would add Drogba in 09/10

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Like I said I'm not caning Henry at all, he was unbelievable and he's definitely in with a shout of best of all time (I'd probably say Keane or Shearer personally). But I think the Ronaldo and Suarez seasons are definitely better, and would argue the Bale season too simply because he was winning us games single-handedly almost every week. Usually the term 'one man team' is reductive and it means an entire team plays towards one player's strengths, so that their individual performances are made possible by the collective. That Tottenham team was a passive, slow, stodgy side that consistently won games because Bale would get the ball on his own and either skin everyone, or bang it into the top corner. The number of goals he scored that had nothing to do with the overall team was ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nlSjktw_U

Looking at this Youtube video of his goals in the 2012-13 season, he scored 26 goals and 14 of them had little or no involvement of other Spurs players. I've actually been conservative with that, I haven't included ones where someone has played a good pass but he's still had lots of work to do. 14 goals that were either all his own work, or involved nothing more than a simple pass. If the rest of the side were even half-decent we'd have won something that year and it would be talked about as one of the great individual seasons.
    Simon, stop going on about Gareth Bale. You’re never gonna meet him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t forget that Alan Shearer scores almost all of his goals for Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Pre-match predictions

Chelsea and United fill out the top 4.

Villa stays up.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City to pump us for double figures.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome @The Rosk !

The Rosk
    The Grealish goal might be the most I’ve ever physically reacted to a Villa goal. I can’t believe we are up.

Simon
    Translation: The Rosk shit himself then got an erection

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm not that old ya cheeky bastard

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then popped it in his mouth

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I'm not that old ya cheeky bastard
    What an utterly bonkers and ridiculous question though. He's 32!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Haha yeah he's grand for a couple more years yet.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Anyone else notice WWE themes being played during the second half walk on at Arsenal matches?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol yeah noticed that before. PA guy must be a fan, I heard HHH theme on it a while ago

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    HHH when you played Liverpool and Drew McIntyre yesterday.

It's endearing me to them.

Almost, like.

The Rosk
    Haha yeah he's grand for a couple more years yet.
    Watford fans think his legs have gone. Must say it was sweet seeing him go down after all the hijinx from earlier in the season. Bluenose bastard.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I like Watford but how are those cajones now Deeney

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha yeah you showed him by (checks notes) losing to Aston villa

The Rosk
    Lads just to confirm - Villa are staying up. We were 1/33 to go down on 11th July. Thanks everyone. One of the greatest escapes of all time. Name a bigger one. Maybe Leicester? AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The Grealish goal might be the most I’ve ever physically reacted to a Villa goal. I can’t believe we are up.
    How did you react to the equaliser? Hell of a freak goal. Imagine a goal like that relegating you. Yikes. Reminded me a bit of the West Germany goal against England in the semi-final of Italia '90.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Haha yeah you showed him by (checks notes) losing to Aston villa
    All part of the plan to relegate Troy Deeney.

- - - Updated - - -

Lads just to confirm - Villa are staying up. We were 1/33 to go down on 11th July. Thanks everyone. One of the greatest escapes of all time. Name a bigger one. Maybe Leicester? AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED.
    Do you think you can hold onto the likes of Grealish and McGinn this summer?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Grealish is surely off.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    How did you react to the equaliser? Hell of a freak goal. Imagine a goal like that relegating you. Yikes. Reminded me a bit of the West Germany goal against England in the semi-final of Italia '90.
    Imagine a non-goal like this relegating you

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I seen some tweet the other day when he left Arsenal and there was a pic of him kissing the FA Cup and few Arsenal saying “kissing goodbye to your last ever trophy.”

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Never over the line.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with the big great escapes is that they are more often like Sunderland (7 points adrift, 6 games remaining, Chelsea, man united and Manchester City left to play) and West Brom...is they just stave off the inevitable heartbreak a year or two.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    With incredulity. From absolute heights of emotion to immediate despair. Thank God McGinn's muscular arse kept it in the corner for 5 minutes thereafter.

All part of the plan to relegate Troy Deeney.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think you can hold onto the likes of Grealish and McGinn this summer?
    I have a feeling McGinn wouldn't go anywhere much bigger than us right now. Quality player and we need him. He also was out for half the season so I'm not sure many big clubs will come in with significant offers. We also don't need to sell right now. I expect Grealish would go as he is miles and miles better than playing for a relegation fighting team, but only if the price is right. And he'd be leaving a hero who will go on to have a stunning career where he goes. I just hope he doesn't go somewhere to be a bit-part. Can't see him enjoying a role where he's getting 25 apps a season, he has thrived on being the main man at Villa.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2019/0...rd-for-diving/

Call it 1-1

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Grealish would walk into our starting 11. Not saying a lot I know, but still. He is well out of our league money wise anyway, years £80m banded around.

The Rosk
    I think Grealish would walk into our starting 11. Not saying a lot I know, but still. He is well out of our league money wise anyway, years £80m banded around.
    “ On 1 August 2019, Pépé joined Arsenal in a club-record fee of £72 million.”

This you?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, now we are skint!

We won't be doing that again for a long time unfortunately I think. Love to be proved wrong on that though.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booooooooooom

Have some cream with your humble pie Jesus Sucks/Underscore

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Didn't you say the fa cup didn't count when wenger was in charge?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you say the fa cup didn't count when wenger was in charge?
    Nope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booooooooooom

Have some cream with your humble pie Jesus Sucks/Underscore
    Absolutely Rent Free.

Didn’t even see the match, don’t care Chelsea lost. largely because I’m not a Chelsea Fan, I just wanted to do your head in for a bit, because it’s funny, and I’m really under your skin. Also be good seeing you waste your time in The Europa League again next season while juggling your annual battle with Everton in the race for 10th Place.

Humble Pie with a Quadruple topping please waiter!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not at all, wasn't me who came back here after 10 years to try and gloat, triggered

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol not even a quadruple you won them in different seasons you moron

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    triggered

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not at all, wasn't me who came back here after 10 years to try and gloat, triggered

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that you when called Cunchas office trying to get him fired

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that you when called Cunchas office trying to get him fired
    He’s a Neo Nazi skinhead racist, and you’ve now spent several posts sucking his cock. Which is really funny . Wonder what your hero Thierry Henry would make of that? That’s not what JS did either. let’s just say JS wasn’t racially abused again.

Don’t blame you for being so salty since it must be agonising knowing Arsenal will never do what Liverpool just did by winning The Quadruple. You won’t ever win any of those 4 trophies, 3 of which you haven’t ever won and the other you’ll never win ever again. I imagine it hurt dreadfully as you cheered us on in The Champions League Final against Spurs. I know all that must be extremely annoying but it’s just one of those things.
    Last edited by Underscore_; August 2nd, 2020 at 7:05 AM.

The Rosk
    Tim is that you? Dumbo? Rat in the bin?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s a Neo Nazi skinhead racist, and you’ve now spent several posts sucking his cock. Which is really funny . Wonder what your hero Thierry Henry would make of that? That’s not what JS did either. let’s just say JS wasn’t racially abused again.

Don’t blame you for being so salty since it must be agonising knowing Arsenal will never do what Liverpool just did by winning The Quadruple. You won’t ever win any of those 4 trophies, 3 of which you haven’t ever won and the other you’ll never win ever again. I imagine it hurt dreadfully as you cheered us on in The Champions League Final against Spurs. I know all that must be extremely annoying but it’s just one of those things.
    Cuncha is a muslim now believe it or not.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Since multiple people seem to think it's the case. JS is not banned so this is not a sock circumventing a permaban.

Having said that, you've had your fun and you can gloat about your title, but enough bringing others into it. And RP stop trying to bait people into saying things to get them banned.
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 2nd, 2020 at 8:26 AM.