User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: "Mr. Partridge, that’s the kitchens!"

The Rosk
    You going on your own?

Simon
    Na with Kate, she's got someone needing something signed too...I'm sure it'll be fine though, a 2 second video isn't the worst thing in the world. Between us we'll work it out is it for a wedding or something?
    Last edited by Simon; October 24th, 2016 at 6:00 AM.

Simon
    Also has anyone listened to/read the book yet? It's so fucking good. Right from the acknowledgements at the start it's straight into the rhythm of the first book.

The Rosk
    It's basically for a very very very good mate who is moving his young family to the US to work. He's gutted about leaving but we're all doing a big goodbye/good luck video for him and the one Partridge signing I could have made is on the evening of his goodbye party where we were going to show it to him.

As you can imagine, he's a huge Partridge fan and was the guy with me in the pic from the last signing. We drove to that Travel Tavern once. It would be the high point of the video at the end. If you can get him to say anything like "Good luck (in the US) Paul/Weeksy", then that would be beyond brilliant.

Simon
    OK no problem, I'll let you know how I got on tomorrow night.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tense.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    Coogan's been turning up to signings in this

Simon

It's not often that I've got the least ridiculous face in a posed photo but here we are!

Alf
    Did you help The Rosk out?

Simon
    Wasn't able to get a video unfortunately (they were insanely strict on timings - they made us all write our names down in advance so he didn't have to ask for spelling) but sorted something out for him

Simon
    Has anyone read/listened to the book yet? I've just got round to starting it, and immediately it's brilliant. His description of hurting his mouth by having to eat with a soup ladle because his cleaner hadn't been round to clean his cutlery is incredible. Also love him deliberately annoying his listeners during Mid Morning Matters if their phone-in points are sub-standard by playing Fairground by Simply Red. So good.

The Rosk
    I can't read this in bed as I annoy the wife too much with laughing every other sentence.

So many cracking bits already and I'm only 80 pages in. The bit where he goes round the random crap celeb houses with Lynn to show off had me fall out of bed. Brilliant writing.

Simon
    Haha haven't got that far yet. The Gibbons' brothers are brilliant at writing little things that are funny on their own, but even funnier in what they leave unsaid. For example in the condemnations section of the audiobook (not in the main book for some reason) he condemns "my friend Andrew's nephew, Sean" and "all the team at Timson's in Chapelfield shopping centre" with no explanation of why.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it'll be become apparent when you read/listen to the book.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I listened to it on the commute in my car in less than a week. I was gutted when it finished. I'd love just a whole book of anecdotes about his celebrity friends.

The chapter on Noel Edmunds is just a work of art.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the book for Christmas, always want to read it before doing the audiobook.

From everything I've seen or heard it's better than the previous one, which seems madness. It was literally the best thing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the book for Christmas and loved it. So many brilliant moments - the whole chapter about Edmonds, trying to get past the security guard at Carphone Warehouse by guessing the name of the office manager, going to his Blu-ray collection to find the film "where Michael Fassbender plays a fuckoholic", describing his cock peeping between his thighs "like the head of a shy bird" and "First time I've ever seen a dick look scared". Even the photo captions are great, especially the one where he takes a whole paragraph to describe the hospital parking sign. Now I have to get the audiobook.

Simon
    Everything about it is so fucking good. I'm not sure why but with both this and I, Partridge, it feels like two completely difference experiences reading the book and then listening to the audio version.

Think my favourite bit of the whole book was him noting that sometimes when his listeners don't pull their weight during the phone-ins he plays Fairground by Simply Red to annoy them. Also loved the bit where he talks about making his teenage daughter host part of his radio show, knowing that she would fail, so that she would understand that "live radio's not as easy as her school friends seemed to think and perhaps she should ask them to show a little more respect when they're next round"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bit about his daughter is the perfect example of how they make reference to something and leave you to fill in the blanks.

I still haven't read I, Partridge, despite listening to the audiobook loads of times. I think I will now that I did Nomad the other way around.

Simon
    Lads you have to listen to this - comedian John Robins reads excerpts from Tony Blackburn's autobiography 'Poptastic', one of the inspirations for the Partridge character and in particular the books. The Elis James and John Robins radio show/podcast is brilliant in general but this is an absolute must-listen. It's astonishing how Partridge-esque some of it is.

http://www.megafileupload.com/czsM/Tony_Blackburn.mp3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The file has been removed due to inactivity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much worth a watch, from Comic Relief.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He keeps the recipe close to his chest, along with some of his tax arrangements!"

Blahahahaaaaaa!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Never ever fall asleep in beans. It will stain your skin to look like, what a very funny friend of mine once described as, a slag's tan".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LADY FLAVOURED BEANS.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scissored Isle is on before the new series of The Trip tonight. Forgot how good it was. Alan makes one of his best faces ever when he says "I think they're worse than scum....I want to say....sludge?!?".

Simon
    New Partridge thing from Radio 4. Only short (not sure if it's part of a longer show?) but it's got a couple of great bits in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0583s3w

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Times
    Alan Partridge returning to the BBC

Alan Partridge will be the BBC’s ‘voice of Brexit’ when he returns to the broadcaster for a new series next year, says Steve Coogan.

Coogan explains that Partridge would have backed the campaign to leave the EU, and therefore will enjoy a revival in his BBC career. The spoof presenter will be returning to the broadcaster in spring 2018, after a 15-year hiatus which saw Coogan take him to Sky Atlantic and the silver screen.

Explaining how it would be believable that the BBC would take Partridge back, Coogan told The New European: “It’s conceivable, because in this age of Brexit, they [the BBC] might think they need to get in touch with the ‘Little Englanders’ they ignore.

“Alan would have voted Brexit for sure. Hard Brexit, given the choice. He’s a Brexiteer because the Daily Mail told him to be." Coogan added that while Partridge is “inept” he is also “honest and well-intentioned”: “He tries not to be sexist, then is sexist. He’s the kind of person, a bit like my dad, who tries to impress but it comes out wrong.”

A lot of pressure comes with reviving such a popular character, and Coogan said that he will write the new series “at the end of this year, to go out on BBC2 next spring. That’s going to be tough. It’s always difficult to make good comedy.

“You always have to work really hard at it. The standard of the comedy on Partridge is so high, that you have to match it, or people go, ‘Oh, they’ve lost it.’ “So, you are making a rod for your own back. But that’s good, because you have to do good stuff, and people like it, and they go, ‘Oh! That’s brilliant.’”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC 2 for partridge stills feels odd to me.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Anyone seen Saxondale? Is it worth a watch?

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Version 6 View Post
    Anyone seen Saxondale? Is it worth a watch?
    It's a decent show in its own right, but it's very different, and far inferior, to Partridge. There are elements of Partridge to the character, and I think modern Partridge has a few traits that are borrowed from Saxondale (snorting laugh, occasional stammering). Be warned though, the theme tune is the most irritating thing you will ever hear.

The reason I'm bumping this thread: the Big Issue (magazine sold by the homeless, for any non-Brits reading) is going to have an article next month written by Armando Iannucci, which consists of a conversation between Partridge and Malcolm Tucker. Should be fucking great, although it's a bit disappointing that it won't be filmed. Not much info on what form the interview will take, whether they are both supposed to exist in the 'real' world or whether, for example, Tucker is real but Partridge is a character.

Also, I walked past Coogan at Brighton station the other day. He is quite short and impressively non-descript for such a famous man. My missus said I should have said hello to him, but I think of all my heroes he's the one I'd least like to meet, as you know with almost complete certainty that he wouldn't want to meet you and probably doesn't have the inclination to pretend he's happy to talk.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's a decent show in its own right, but it's very different, and far inferior, to Partridge. There are elements of Partridge to the character, and I think modern Partridge has a few traits that are borrowed from Saxondale (snorting laugh, occasional stammering). Be warned though, the theme tune is the most irritating thing you will ever hear.

The reason I'm bumping this thread: the Big Issue (magazine sold by the homeless, for any non-Brits reading) is going to have an article next month written by Armando Iannucci, which consists of a conversation between Partridge and Malcolm Tucker. Should be fucking great, although it's a bit disappointing that it won't be filmed. Not much info on what form the interview will take, whether they are both supposed to exist in the 'real' world or whether, for example, Tucker is real but Partridge is a character.

Also, I walked past Coogan at Brighton station the other day. He is quite short and impressively non-descript for such a famous man. My missus said I should have said hello to him, but I think of all my heroes he's the one I'd least like to meet, as you know with almost complete certainty that he wouldn't want to meet you and probably doesn't have the inclination to pretend he's happy to talk.
    Magazine sold by Romanian human trafficking gangs*
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    All we're saying is England for the English, rights for whites.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it would work as a filmed piece of work. They're too different as character types. I don't think it would play well.

Simon
    You might be right. I don't imagine it will lose too much without the visuals anyway - The Missing DOSAC files is fantastic, one of the few comedy tie-in books worth bothering with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    BBC 2 for partridge stills feels odd to me.
    IAP was on BBC2 and BBC2 has always been where comedy was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I'm bumping this thread: the Big Issue (magazine sold by the homeless, for any non-Brits reading) is going to have an article next month written by Armando Iannucci, which consists of a conversation between Partridge and Malcolm Tucker. Should be fucking great, although it's a bit disappointing that it won't be filmed..
    I enjoyed this because it reads like you actually think Steve Coogan and Peter Capaldi are in a room doing the characters.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    I enjoyed this because it reads like you actually think Steve Coogan and Peter Capaldi are in a room doing the characters.
    I don't see how else they would produce such an interview in a magazine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Big Issue just for this. It's funny but I really didn't feel I'd got £2.50 out of it.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been seeing this thread pop up in the New Posts section for a decade now and never clicked on it. It was the greatest mystery of Rajah for me what the hell this thread could be about.

Kind of disappointing it's for a comedian.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    I bought the Big Issue just for this. It's funny but I really didn't feel I'd got £2.50 out of it.
    That post actually reads a little like Partridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    I've been seeing this thread pop up in the New Posts section for a decade now and never clicked on it. It was the greatest mystery of Rajah for me what the hell this thread could be about.

Kind of disappointing it's for a comedian.
    Do yourself a favour and watch the show. Season 1 of IAP is up there with the absolute best of comedy.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do! Always looking for a new show.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Start with I'm Alan Partridge Season 1. If you like it, you can go back and watch Knowing Me, Knowing You or move on to season 2 and then Mid Morning Matters.

If you don't like it, something is wrong with you.

Simon
    turdpower any chance you could scan the interview? I'll donate to Big Issue online I just can't be fucked to track it down in the street.

Simon
    Do yourself a favour and watch the show. Season 1 of IAP is up there with the absolute best of comedy.
    Most people seem to think there's a big drop in quality for s2, personally I think there's fuck all difference between them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people seem to think there's a big drop in quality for s2, personally I think there's fuck all difference between them.
    Agree with this, love both just as much. Like the UK Office
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think series two is every bit as good as the first. Won’t have it said otherwise.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think series two is every bit as good as the first. Won’t have it said otherwise.
    It's a little broader I guess, but the addition of Sonia was fucking brilliant and it doesn't really miss a beat.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the first watch, the way Alan was making all the noises and mad facial expressions threw me a little. I guess I expected more of his depressive tragic smart-arse character from the first series. But I now think series 2 is great and he's kind of incorporated both styles into his performance in Mid Morning Matters, the movie and beyond. The vomiting speech at Dantes Fires and The Spy Who Loved Me scene are brilliant.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a big fan of season two right away but it has a couple of shite episodes which season one doesn't. The Bono one and the fucking spike. Fuck off.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I was a big fan of season two right away but it has a couple of shite episodes which season one doesn't. The Bono one and the fucking spike. Fuck off.
    agreed.

season one is just consistently brilliant. no shit bits.

The Rosk
    Come on Beef. Agree with you on the Bono one (in spite of the brilliant “The Edge is fine. Adam Clayton is fine. The drummer is fine.”) bit but the Dante’s fires episode is shit? Are you insane?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think it’s because the two feel different, if you’d started with 2 the I don’t think there’s an issue, but because 1 was so good I think fans just expected it to continue the same, when it didn’t I think it threw some, which is why it gets better on rewatch as your expectations are different.

Like Knowing Me... it’s a different animal which some just don’t get.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My girlfriend watched Alpha Papa before we met and she enjoyed it. So I’m hoping to introduce her to the rest of the Partridgeverse by starting with IAP Series 1. I didn’t watch KMKY until I’d seen IAP and I think that works best because it’s so different. The Radio 4 shows are really good too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it generally works out that older more boring people think that season 2 wasn’t as good as season 1. Younger cooler people disagree.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Can confirm younger, but boring people also prefer season 1.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Well there's no need for that!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    My girlfriend watched Alpha Papa before we met and she enjoyed it. So I’m hoping to introduce her to the rest of the Partridgeverse by starting with IAP Series 1. I didn’t watch KMKY until I’d seen IAP and I think that works best because it’s so different. The Radio 4 shows are really good too.
    Good on ya, need more female Partridge fans!

Simon

Beefy will hate me for it but I really don't think KMKY is a patch on everything that came after. It's still funny of course, but there's nowhere near the same depth that you see in everything that's come since. Also the radio version of KMKY is better than the TV version imo.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I like the tv KMKY, but the radio version is much, much better.

Places of my Life was one of my favourites.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Mid Morning Matters is the perfect, best Partridge medium I think. I think my favourite series is IAP2, and I've loved the specials and KMKY I can watch again and again more than any of the other series/episodes, actually.

But the North Norfolk Digital show, the dynamic between him and Simon, the guests, the callers, some of the horrific little arcs, all of it is just perfect and captures Alan at his absolute worst/best more than any other genre applied to the character.

Simon
    I honestly think the autobiographies are the best individual Partridge work, particularly the first one. Obviously by nature it's informed by the rest of the Partridge canon but it's definitely the bit of Partridge that has made me laugh the most.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    actually you're probably right, with the caveat that the audiobook versions work the best, for all of his nuances and affectations.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I've not read the books because I've always felt they'd be filled with British references I wouldn't understand.

are they still worth reading?

Simon
    They're no more British-heavy than anything else he's done...if you like Partridge you have to read/listen to them, they're incredible.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Listen over read, somehow they lend themselves really well to being an audio book.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The showdown with Stephen McCombe, the diary entries about Carol and "Tits to all that, I'm sure we can work something out" work so much better when hearing Alan's voice - not that they aren't funny in the book. I love the dedication to canon in the books, as if Partridge was a really nerdy sci-if franchise where fans would be up in the arms if something wasn't consistent. There's even a reference to his Comic Relief appearance where he was "gang debagged".

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favourite KMKYAP episodes? The one with the clowns and the last episode where he shoots Forbes McAllister are my favourite.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode 6 is definitely the best. It has the two child actors, the lesbians replacing him in his timeslot, cheeky monkey and Forbes McAllister.

Just watched this for the first time. I don't know how Coogan keeps a straight face when he's telling the sexy human clock story.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Patridge vs Tucker debate is online:

https://www.bigissue.com/culture/ala...roke-internet/

Simon
    Episode 6 is definitely the best. It has the two child actors, the lesbians replacing him in his timeslot, cheeky monkey and Forbes McAllister.

Just watched this for the first time. I don't know how Coogan keeps a straight face when he's telling the sexy human clock story.

On the subject of rare curios from Partridge, have you ever heard his Richard Bacon interview on 5 Live when he was promoting the first book? It's brilliant...I'm sure it was partially planned but it can't be fully scripted, and it shows that Coogan can improvise in character without missing a beat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think the autobiographies are the best individual Partridge work, particularly the first one. Obviously by nature it's informed by the rest of the Partridge canon but it's definitely the bit of Partridge that has made me laugh the most.
    Audiobook 1
    IAP 1
    IAP 2
    Audiobook 2
    Mid morning Matters
    KMKY

Is my ranking for the main stuff, not including Scissored Isle and the Book reading thing too.

I must have listened to the first audiobook 6/7 times and I just find little gems that I don't remember every time. The nuances and inflections as Fanny said are perfect. The part where hes describing his birthday with his dad and the cake etc is just utterly perfect.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of rare curios from Partridge, have you ever heard his Richard Bacon interview on 5 Live when he was promoting the first book? It's brilliant...I'm sure it was partially planned but it can't be fully scripted, and it shows that Coogan can improvise in character without missing a beat.
    I remember that. I love the bit with "Graham" the driver. I always thought Bacon was a little annoying in places, as if he was trying to show that he was in on the joke.

The KMKY radio shows have so many great moments. "Look have you got a question, dearie?"

Simon
    I love when he smacks the kid and insults him for not having any pubes

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bacon interview has been posted a few times in here I think. It is partially ruined by Bacon not playing along as a fool but instead being massively ‘I’m in on the joke guys’.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turdpower any chance you could scan the interview? I'll donate to Big Issue online I just can't be fucked to track it down in the street.
    Apols, just seen this.

You still not seen it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also re: IAP series 1 vs series 2:

I watched series 2 first because I'm not an old man (Beefy). Therefore always preferred it because of that.

Generally I suspect they are on par though.

Simon
    Yeah read it in the end, was a bit disappointing and predictable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I felt conned by the homeless man.

Sort of a full Partridge experience.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Partridge thing on BBC over Christmas.

Sounds like a documentary about Partridge with actors talking about him (including Coogan) with behind the scenes clips of some of the stuff. Kiss my face.

Simon
    Anyone see the documentary? Not much that will have been new to Partridge nerds (though I was surprised that the Gibbons brothers had a pre-existing relationship with Coogan, I liked the romantic idea that two random blokes came out of nowhere with a perfectly-realised batch of Partridge material that Coogan immediately loved) but still decent enough - loved the reveal of Partridge's new look for the 2018 show.

Also, me and my missus got this for Christmas to put up in the house. Don't judge us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Thought the Doc was pretty good.

Liked the behind the scenes stuff, particularly the development of the dialogue clips.

Excited for the new show. Hope we dont have to wait too long.

Simon
    The filmed rehearsal stuff annoyed me because it was clearly very interesting, but in way too short sections to get much out of.

Not sure if anyone listens to the Monkey Tennis podcast which reviews the entire Alan canon (it's worth a listen - not a huge amount of fresh background info and the hosts can occasionally be irritating, but they put forward good theories and ask interesting questions about the character/shows), the latest episode is an interview with Simon Greenall and has a few fun tidbits that were new to me...

-there were a couple of scenes from the Tex episode of IAP that didn't make the final edit, one that sounds a bit crap (Alan asks Tex what his favourite state is, obvious response "Texas"...asks Michael, who says is favourite state is "pissed") and one that sounds great (Alan and Michael get into an argument because Alan refuses to believe that Michael has never seen News at Ten).

-a scene edited out of an unnamed episode has Michael slyly snot all over Lynn's back when she walks past him. Greenall emphasised a real mutual hatred between Lynn and Michael that either didn't always make the final edit, or possibly is something he sees in the finished show as a whole that I think is only shown on a few occasions)

-The character of Michael was deliberately underwritten prior to auditions, with auditionees given little info beyond "Michael works in the hotel, used to be in the army and gets on with Alan", originally Michael had planned to do him as a gruff Yorkshireman with a greater emphasis on his army background (the impression he did of this theoretical character sounded a lot like the army caller from Down The Line), I think the idea was for him to be a lot more serious than Michael turned out to be.

-The politely-delivered racism of Kevin Eldon was originally a Michael line which Greenall improvised, asking whether he minded living in London "despite all the blackies".

If I remember any other bits I'll post them up, worth a listen for any Partridge nerds.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread title always annoys me. It's about the 500th best quote in a show with 550 good quotes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Watched the doc. It's got me right back into the second series of IAP, as I think I only ever watched it once when it first came out. Excited for the new BBC series.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Ha-ha, so sounds like he gets to present The One Show.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Currently re-watching Season 1 of Mid Morning Matters ahead of getting stuck into Season 2 for the first time.

Really is some of the best Partridge. Alan explaining to people in impoverished third world countries what a bike is, in case they are watching the live stream over the internet

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been gradually introducing my girlfriend to Partridge - she already liked the film before we met and I've shown her some clips on YouTube. We sat down to watch the first three episodes of I'm Alan Partridge recently and she loved them. Every time I re-watch the show, there's always a line or a gesture in one of the classic scenes that stands out despite not doing so in the previous watch. When the man from the Norfolk Farmers' Union asks "Do I?!?" when accused of feeding beef burgers to swans, for some reason we both laughed at Alan's faint but resolute off-screen response of "Yes....you do".

Simon
    Hahaha yeah there is so much you don't notice unless you're paying attention. A lot of lines get lost under audience laughter - one that sticks out is when he stands on the spike, Lynn gives him some advice; his reaction is to accuse her of quoting Casualty and then call her an "old mess" .

Simon
    Currently re-watching Season 1 of Mid Morning Matters ahead of getting stuck into Season 2 for the first time.

Really is some of the best Partridge. Alan explaining to people in impoverished third world countries what a bike is, in case they are watching the live stream over the internet
    The more times I watch them, the more I think they might be the best Partridge vehicle. It's him at his essence, his purest form.

Can't wait for the new show. It's being filmed at the moment. Lynn is back!

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Yeah MMM is my favourite Partridge, it far and away works the best. Notwithstanding Simon is a minge.

Simon

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Heard Coogan talking about it in a couple of interviews last week and it sounds brilliant. The one on 6 music with Lauren Lavern probably was the most in-depth if you're interested

Simon
    Nice one, I have tended to steer clear of interviews with Coogan because he doesn't seem to really like talking about Partridge (understandable really as he does endless other things now and it's still the only thing anyone wants to talk to him about) but if there's one where he's actually going into detail and giving some fresh insight then I'd love to hear it. There's only so many times I can hear him say that Partridge is the things he doesn't like about himself but with added volume.

It definitely sounds like a great format, with plenty of scope for both the interview style of Knowing Me Knowing You and the documentary stuff in Scissored Isle and Welcome To The Places Of My Life. I'd love to think there would be some backstage/off-camera footage akin to I'm Alan Partridge/Mid Morning Matters too but maybe that's pushing it.

Simon
    Monday 25th February

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame Saxondale didn't go further.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t wait for this. I’m encouraged by how enthusiastic Coogan is about it. He did a podcast interview with Empire recently and compared it to the first series of I’m Alan Partridge.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait either. Just hope it can live up to the incredible standards of the rest of his work.