User Tag List

Page 1 of 89 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Spurs Transfer Rumours thread

Simon

The Official Spurs Transfer Rumours thread

Obviously this needs a separate topic as we ave more rumours than everyone else put together.

The Spurs forum I read has just this moment re-opened its "TRANSFER RUMOURS" sub-forum.

Let the silly season commence!

Alf
    IN:
    Kaboul
    Bent
    Baines
    Bale (maybe)
    Barnes

OUT:
    JD
    Mido
    Murphy

Apparently JD just doesn't like Jol...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only have more rumours than anyone else because you post on Spurs forums where people claim they are Jol's daughter and Ronaldinho has just bought a house in north London and painted it White.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OUT: Berbatov

Simon
    Actually, the majority of our ITKs are on the money - the problem is, you lot all assume that once a player is mentioned, if they don't end up getting signed then that person was talking bollocks. It's a wrong-headed way of viewing the situation - at any one time Spurs are going to be chasing a shitload of players, and certain ITKs get access to certain information. Finding out we're after a player doesn't mean that we will get him.

If someone looked back at previous transfer windows, the only players who have joined without everyone knowing about the interest well in advance are Rasiak (last minute transfer window decision) and Ghaly (no one knew who he was). Everyone else was covered beforehand.

Alf
    Not really.

There are two or three guys who have really solid info. They report who we are after but sometimes these deal don't come off for whatever reason, either that player doesn't want to come, the club want too much money, we can't agree terms with the player, someone else bids more/pays more wages etc etc etc etc.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Actually, the majority of our ITKs are on the money - the problem is, you lot all assume that once a player is mentioned, if they don't end up getting signed then that person was talking bollocks. It's a wrong-headed way of viewing the situation - at any one time Spurs are going to be chasing a shitload of players, and certain ITKs get access to certain information. Finding out we're after a player doesn't mean that we will get him.

If someone looked back at previous transfer windows, the only players who have joined without everyone knowing about the interest well in advance are Rasiak (last minute transfer window decision) and Ghaly (no one knew who he was). Everyone else was covered beforehand.
    ...what he said...

Although we knew ghaly was coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    OUT: Berbatov

Alf
    I will eat my own shit if he joins you this summer.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    IN:
    Kaboul
    Bent
    Baines
    Bale (maybe)
    Barnes

OUT:
    JD
    Mido
    Murphy

Apparently JD just doesn't like Jol...
    I've not seen anything of Kaboul but by all accounts he's top notch - can't comment until I've seen him play, although £7.5m is being quoted and that seems a lot for an Under-21 player.

Bent would obviously be a great capture, although I wouldn't be happy if it was offset by Defoe's departure. Defoe's got 19 goals this season, despite being third choice. I don't see how Darren Bent would do any better given the same amount of time on the pitch. I suppose we are signing him because he is more adaptable than Defoe, though - capable of playing in a 4-5-1 or alongside either Berby or Keane, whereas Defoe is only any good alongside a big man. In an ideal world we'd sell Mido, keep Defoe and get Bent, but that won't happen. I really hope Defoe stays, though.

I really rate Baines, but I hope he's a second choice after Bale who really does look the balls - although I've heard a lot of people discussing Bale as a left wing option. I hate it when people blindly decide that a good attacking left back will automatically be a good left winger. Cole and Bridge have never exactly covered themselves in glory when they've played in a more advanced role, have they. Bale first, definitely - but if we can't get him, then Baines would be the next best thing. Either way, I'd still have Yippee as first choice at the start of next season.

I've not seen a great deal of Barnes but what I have seen looks impressive - very strong, quick, can pass and shoot, happy on the wings but prefers centre mid...looks like he could be good. He's another one who I'd be wary of paying too much for, though - too often we spend reasonably large amounts of money on young prospects, then give them next to no opportunity in the side and sell them on for a loss a couple of years later. Hopefully we fuck Derby over with another "50p up front, a couple of million if he turns out to be the best midfielder ever" deal.

As for the outgoings...as I already said, I really don't want Defoe to go. 19 goals from third choice is a fantastic return, especially when a lot of his appearances have been late on in games. I hope against hope that we keep him, even if it means we don't get Bent.

Mido can fuck off. He's simply not done the business. Murphy may as well not have been at the club in the first place, for all the good he's done us. Not a bad squad player to have around in theory, but he's the worst of a shitload of centre mids we have - sell him and bring Barnes in, and I'll be happy. In fact, at this point I think it would be worth selling him and, if we get no one else, give O'Hara a try in the first team squad.

Simon
    ...what he said...

Although we knew ghaly was coming.
    Did we? Maybe I just missed a day or two, then - I got banned around the time he joined for calling the owner of the forum a cunt, maybe it was then. All I remember was everyone wondering who this randomer we'd just bought was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will eat my own shit if he joins you this summer.
    QUOTED.

Simon
    Oh also, another lovely rumour - Jenas to Everton for £10m plus Beattie I'd bite their fucking hands off for that.

Simon
    MOYES POISED FOR £10M RAID ON JERMAINE
    EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

EVERTON boss David Moyes is preparing a blockbuster £10million bid for Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.
    The England international has been in and out of the first team at White Hart Lane and Moyes believes the promise of leading the Merseysiders in European competition could be a temptation Jenas cannot resist.

Spurs manager Martin Jol is a known fan of James Beattie - he tried to lure him to London in January by offering Mido in return - and the Everton striker could well be part of any deal.

Beattie has had a torrid time on the field at Goodison and would relish a fresh start.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10m for Jenas? FFS.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are offering to take Beattie as well though...

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never has there been a thread with so little actural substance. Except the Berbetov off post by Hobbz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Phillips is brilliant.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, weird choice of thread for that statement.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Pablo_Angel View Post
    They are offering to take Beattie as well though...
    £10m plus Beattie works out at around £8m, still a good deal for Jenas.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the Jenas story - Alan Nixon who has done that piece has very good contacts in the North-West. He wouldn't pull a story like that out of his arse. Anything he usually writes about Rovers is bob on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    Hahaha, weird choice of thread for that statement.
    Spurs could buy him

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by eldanielfire View Post
    Never has there been a thread with so little actural substance. Except the Berbetov off post by Hobbz.
    Well, this info comes from the same guys who told us Zokora, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone, Lennon, Mido, Daws, Reid, Taraabt, Ghaly, El Hamoudai, Alnwick, Dervitte, Assou-Ekotto, Tainio etc etc etc etc were signing.

So, yeah. I think I trust them by now.

Simon
    Source: Daily Mail

The chase for Dimitar Berbatov has become Europe-wide, casting doubts on the 26-year-old Tottenham striker’s assertion that he is staying at White Hart Lane.

A bid of £25 million, understood to be from Juventus, has set the mark which the rest will have to match or beat to tempt Spurs into a quick profit on the player they bought from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.9m last summer.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are in the frame but don’t rule out Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson, with midfielder Owen Hargreaves sealed if not quite signed, wants a world-class striker next.

He will test Spurs’ resolve to keep Berbatov and hasn’t given up on Barca’s Samuel Eto’o either.

The manager says he's staying, the chairman says we aren't go to sell him, the players agent says he's staying, the player himself says he's staying. How come the press just don't get it? Berba is going nowhere.

FUCK OFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUCK HE'S OFF.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this info comes from the same guys who told us Zokora, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone, Lennon, Mido, Daws, Reid, Taraabt, Ghaly, El Hamoudai, Alnwick, Dervitte, Assou-Ekotto, Tainio etc etc etc etc were signing.

So, yeah. I think I trust them by now.
    Aren't these also the same people that think you are signing Messi etc

Simon
    No. Simply put, no.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MACE View Post

FUCK, HE'S OFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon
    Deal for Bent and Kaboul supposedly at very advanced stages, to the extent that they could be completed within the next week.

All the stories coming out about Berbatov are that he's going nowhere. Spurs don't want to sell him, Spurs don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to leave. There's not really much more that can be said than that, so the rumours will continue - but I'm very confident that he'll be here next season.

Defoe seems to be out for certain, absolutely gutted if that's true.

We're looking for a left back, a left winger, a centre half, a midfielder and a striker, with the only big name departure to be Defoe. If we get the men we want, we're going to be looking very strong for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, its not difficult to have at one point mentioned all the players you buy on transfers, considering you speculate on EVERY semi-available player in world football. Its just statistics that deem you'll have mentioned those who do eventually come.

Simon
    Again, bollocks. I think statistically speaking, something like 30-40 names were mentioned during last season's transfer window as players we were actively trying to sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to post this here because its pretty active:

Calum Best is reportedly in talks to sign with a football team in the US.

The 26-year-old is rumoured to be making the stateside move and is thought to have considered the New York Red Bulls or the New England Revolution.

A source is quoted in a national newspaper as saying: "He's dead serious about following in his dad's famous footsteps.

"He realises he could never break into English football at his age - but in America the standards and physical demands aren't so high and he really wants to give it a shot.

"He's always had a wealth of talent on the pitch - nowhere near the same league as his dad, of course, but probably good enough to play pro here."

Calum's agent Dave Read reportedly confirmed there has been interest from Major League Soccer clubs.

He said: "Calum is a talented footballer and it's true that some MLS clubs have been sniffing around.

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's certainly an option for him."

This is a fucking joke if its true. I might as well go to fucking America and see if they'll sign me. I'm just as talented as that prick. Plus who the fuck is he to be banging Lindsay Lohan, he's such a gimp.

With that said, I do hear that Spurs will be following his career in the states closely and are talking about having options on him should he prove to be a worthy addition to their squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha.

Simon
    We're after him.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he left footed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahahahaha that might be post of the year, Laz.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    Aren't these also the same people that think you are signing Messi etc
    No you crack head.

The messi thing was a joke to see if anyone would report it and Fans Fc or some other tripe did.

Alf
    Deal for Bent and Kaboul supposedly at very advanced stages, to the extent that they could be completed within the next week.

All the stories coming out about Berbatov are that he's going nowhere. Spurs don't want to sell him, Spurs don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to leave. There's not really much more that can be said than that, so the rumours will continue - but I'm very confident that he'll be here next season.

Defoe seems to be out for certain, absolutely gutted if that's true.

We're looking for a left back, a left winger, a centre half, a midfielder and a striker, with the only big name departure to be Defoe. If we get the men we want, we're going to be looking very strong for next season.

You just added more words to my first post there.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just added more words to my first post there.
    People probably only read yours anyway so it doesnt matter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you crack head.

The messi thing was a joke to see if anyone would report it and Fans Fc or some other tripe did.
    Do I look like a give a fuck?

Now where's my biro penis?

Alf
    Right in my bulging pants.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    photo?

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a little cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Ghaly: I'm desperate to leave Spurs and go to a bigger club

Tottenham midfielder Hossam Ghaly has demanded a transfer after growing fed up with Martin Jol's rotation policy.

Ghaly was criticised by Spurs supporters after he threw his shirt at manager Jol when he was substituted against Blackburn last week.

The Egypt international, who was fined two weeks' wages and dropped from the final game of the season against Manchester City, made an official apology on the club's website and joined the rest of the squad for the traditional parade round the pitch after the match on Sunday.

But Ghaly revealed he lost his cool against Blackburn after failing to hold down a place in the the team.

The 25-year-old claimed he has already had one transfer request turned down but he is determined to leave this summer and has now put in a new request.

He said: "I asked to leave a few weeks ago so I can play more and in my regular position, but my request was declined.

"My agent will repeat my request and I don't know if it will be accepted this time. What I did against Blackburn was wrong, and I have to admit that, but I am a human being and felt very frustrated when I got replaced after 30 minutes of coming on.

"There are things that accumulated and resulted in me acting in this way. I am not playing regularly and when I play, I don't play in my normal position.

"On many occasions, I played well or scored a goal only to find myself out of the squad or on the bench in the next match for no particular reason. This is very frustrating for me."

Ghaly, who claimed a club "bigger than Tottenham" want to sign him, started 17 games in the Premiership this season, but his impact was minimal compared with the other midfielders at Jol's disposal.

Ghaly insisted fellow Egyptian Mido also wants to quit Tottenham having started only 13 games for the club this season. The striker almost joined Manchester City in January.

Ghaly said: "Mido has asked to leave but I don't know his destination yet."
    Good riddance to the pair of them. Ghaly has looked decent a couple of times this season and Mido was good for a part of last season but for two players with such big egos they hardly ever back it up.

Bigger clubs?

Good luck with that son.

is better than torn @ rba
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your own players don't even think you're a MASSIVE CLUB.

Simon
    The ones that matter do. That's why Ghaly's leaving for a 'bigger club' while Berbatov, Keano, Big Ledley, the Daws and Lennon will be around for a while yet.

Simon
    Latest Yiddo rumours...

-Two reliable sources saying a deal for Bent is close to completion.
    -Kaboul close to completion.
    -A denial that we're interested in Bentley - didn't even know we'd been linked, to be honest.
    -Levy is trying to convince Jol to keep Defoe because he really rates him.

The Rosk
    Spurs won't finish above 5th next season. Let's all be honest with ourselves here.

As for Villa: TOP ONE NEXT YEAR LADS

Simon
    I'm pretty sure 4th is above 5th so we will finish above 5th cos we're gonna finish 4th. Basic maths.

The Rosk
    Ah, I did see some ridiculous comments on the Spurs/Arsenal rivalry that almost killed me.

Given you rate Liverpool so highly, I'm going to go ahead and assume you think you will finish higher than Arsenal next season. And then have a chuckle. While I wank. In a bath. Into a toilet roll.

Simon
    Why don't you just wank into the bath. It all congeals and ends up looking like a fried egg without the yolk.

I didn't make any ridiculous comments, I was pretty conservative...'we are CAPABLE of challenging for a top four place', 'if anyone is going to break the top four it will be us'...none of what I said was ridiculous, I don't think it's definitely going to happen or anything.

The Rosk
    I think it will take an absolutely incredible season from Spurs and another injury-hit season from Arsenal for them to even come close. You also need to buy a defence and a midfield that doesn't own a half-caste Gareth Gates and a blonde downie living on promise for the past two years.

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones that matter do. That's why Ghaly's leaving for a 'bigger club' while Berbatov, Keano, Big Ledley, the Daws and Lennon will be around for a while yet.
    Thats because only Berbatov and Lennon (despite playing awful for 6 months) would get into a top four side.

The Rosk
    Berbatov will be a one-season-wonder. Mark my words.

He'll realise he is Bulgarian but not Hristo Stoichkov and then fall over crying into his tub of marmalade flavoured cocks.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts View Post
    Thats because only Berbatov and Lennon (despite playing awful for 6 months) would get into a top four side.
    What, even though Ledley is better than Vidic, Agger, Carragher, Djourou/Senderos and probably Toure? Yeah alright. Dawson's better than a couple of those too, and Keane would walk into your and Liverpool's first eleven. Lennon's actually the weakest of the players I mentioned, I think he's been found out a little bit - teams know how to play against him, it remains to be seen whether he can change his game the way Ronaldo, SWP and Giggs back in the day did - I remember Giggs being awful in the 1993/94 season, after a fantastic first full season. But he came back strongly in the next season by adapting his game. I hope Lennon can do it, but I dunno.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll finish above you next season, still think we should have done this season.

Simon
    Can't see it. Why should you have this season? We were better than you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I suppose you were because you finished above us, but an argument could be made that our consistent placement above you in the league is enough to justify me saying I think we should have got 5th, which ultimately we didn't get due to a lovely disallowed goal on the final day.

I just see next year as a really big one for Jol, seriously think if he doesn't crack the top 4 or win a trophy, he might be out.

Simon
    I doubt it. Levy is realistic enough to realise that not finishing in the top four isn't a failure - reaching the top four would be a huge success. Anything less than top six and Jol might well be gone.

Simon
    We're after Ben Haim now as well, apparently. No one else seems to be in for him, it's a straight choice between signing for us, or signing a new contract at Bolton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Big Sam will be in for him at Newcastle and that may be what Ben Haim is waiting for, he'll get good wages there as well and will be a guaranteed starter.

Simon
    That's a good point actually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Si, if you genuinely believe that Ledley King is as better than Vidic or Toure, and that Robbie Keane is better than Henry and van Persie, then you're a fucking wally.

Simon
    King is better than Vidic, and better than this season's Toure (he's been shite this year, the last few years I've thought he was fantastic though).

And I'd have Keane just ahead of RVP. You don't appreciate quite good how good Keane is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's amazing at acting like a little girl on the football pitch.

And no WAY is King better than Toure. Ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King is better than Vidic, and better than this season's Toure (he's been shite this year, the last few years I've thought he was fantastic though).

And I'd have Keane just ahead of RVP. You don't appreciate quite good how good Keane is.
    Now I know how you and Alf feel when you row with Eldanielfire.

So incorrect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, how can you say King has been better than "this years" Toure, when "this years" King hasn't hardly played.

Simon
    Plus, how can you say King has been better than "this years" Toure, when "this years" King hasn't hardly played.
    Well, King hasn't played so you can't exactly say he's been poor, can you? Whereas Toure has played, and has been poor. It's like saying Michael Owen isn't as good as some inferior players because he's been out all season. If King hadn't been injured, I'd be very confident that he'd have had a better season than the one Toure had. Toure's not been good this season at all, very very shaky. Looks a lot better with Gallas alongside him, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toure has been our best defender by miles, bar maybe Clichy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, King hasn't played so you can't exactly say he's been poor, can you? Whereas Toure has played, and has been poor. It's like saying Michael Owen isn't as good as some inferior players because he's been out all season. If King hadn't been injured, I'd be very confident that he'd have had a better season than the one Toure had. Toure's not been good this season at all, very very shaky. Looks a lot better with Gallas alongside him, though.
    Thats like saying Tony Cascarino is a better player than Shevchenko. Because while Shevchenko has played poorly this season, Cascarino hasn't had one bad game.

What an awful argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our defensive mistakes have nearly always been Jens-related, or Senderos' fault. If anything Toure's done better than last season because he's had to mop up after those two semi-liabilities and still come away with a decent defensive record.

Simon's like eldanielfire if he could spell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Cascarinogoals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nakamura is being linked with Spurs. A player who has about one good game in six matches. A free-kick specialist who has scored about three free-kicks all season.

Simon
    Yeah, we've apparently bid £6.7m. Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals. Nakamura looks a very, very good player. It's not often that you can be confident that a player's quality in the SPL would mean he'd be any good in a proper league - only Larsson and Petrov spring to my mind, and Petrov's not exactly been brilliant - but Nakamura looks like he'd adapt just fine. United are supposed to be looking at him as well.

He's also scored 11 goals and has 22 assists this season, apparently. Not bad for "a player who has about one good game in six matches".

Let's be honest, if he played for Rangers you'd be wanking furiously over hmi around the clock.

In other news, the Bent deal is apparently tied up. Still won't believe it until I see it on BBC Sport (and even then I won't be 100% after they reported that we'd signed Damien Duff last year...lucky escape in the end, he's been crap up north).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we've apparently bid £6.7m. Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals. Nakamura looks a very, very good player. It's not often that you can be confident that a player's quality in the SPL would mean he'd be any good in a proper league - only Larsson and Petrov spring to my mind, and Petrov's not exactly been brilliant - but Nakamura looks like he'd adapt just fine. United are supposed to be looking at him as well.

He's also scored 11 goals and has 22 assists this season, apparently. Not bad for "a player who has about one good game in six matches".

Let's be honest, if he played for Rangers you'd be wanking furiously over hmi around the clock.

Petrov is a much better footballer than Nakamura. Petrov was consistently good for Celtic in big SPL matches and in Europe. Nakamura hasn't. He has been very poor in the Old Firm Matches. You can say I am a bitter Rangers fan, but there are several Celtic players that I really do rate. Nakamura isn't one of them. There is a reason why he didn't make an impact in Italy and Celtic were the only team that wanted him.

Nakamura has scored nine SPL goals. That is hardly impressive when you consider that midfielders like Barry Robson have scored more.

If I got offered 3 million or Nakamura, I would take the 3 million. So if Spurs spend 6.7 million on him, Strachan will laughing his head off. Scott Brown is a better player and he spent 4.5 million him.

Simon
    Nakamura would be worth the price because of the extra money in incoming revenue from the Far East, wouldn't he? It's sad that we now discuss transfers in those terms, but it's a simple fact of the way the game is nowadays.

The article I read about him had him as scoring 11 goals and I think 22 assists, must have been in all competitions. Over a 50 match season, that is pretty good by anyone's standards. The article in fact also mentioned that the statistics don't tell the full story, as he has regularly run matches without notching a goal or assist. He also looked very good the couple of times I saw him in the Champions' League. His touch was fantastic, and obviously he has the capability to deliver from set-pieces, which is a huge asset to have - I remember a statistic a while back saying nearly half of Premiership goals come directly or indirectly from set pieces.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an OK player. I think he looks a bit light for a premier league player though. We need to get some toughness into the side.

Not sure he's worth nearly £7m but I wouldn't mind him in the squad. Hopefully he's not our big signed of the season though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wednesday is right, Nakamura is crap, don't listen to the journalists that watched him week in week out, nor the players that actually played against him, or his own teammates, or even the fans that watched the team week in week out. I mean they all voted him player of the year but then what do they know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Wednesday is right, Nakamura is crap, don't listen to the journalists that watched him week in week out, nor the players that actually played against him, or his own teammates, or even the fans that watched the team week in week out. I mean they all voted him player of the year but then what do they know!

Journalists? Old firm players are always hyped up because it's Old Firm fans that buy the papers.

The SPL is very weak right now in terms of individuals. No player is worth nearly 7 million. Very few would be a success in the Premiership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post

Journalists? Old firm players are always hyped up because it's Old Firm fans that buy the papers.

The SPL is very weak right now in terms of individuals. No player is worth nearly 7 million. Very few would be a success in the Premiership.
    Well thats one group out of four. What about the players that actually played against him? They just want to hype up the old firm as well? The reason that journalists tend to vote for Old Firm players are because the Old Firm simply have better players than the rest of the league. Though even if they did only vote for an Old Firm player to win due to wanting to please Old Firm fans why did they vote for Nakamura if he is a player not to be rated?

Simon

Again, his worth as a business commodity will bump up his transfer price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to go to the dentist now (), but I will be back later to answer your argument. By the way, what do you think of Scott Brown? I think he is a fantastic player. It depresses me that Rangers can't afford to spend 4 million on a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, his worth as a business commodity will bump up his transfer price.

Not that much. I think the Asian market has been overrated. If it was so great, all the big teams would have an Asian at the club.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Asian market is a myth. Any extra TV revenues go into the collective Premier League pot and the only person to benefit from the money from increased sales of Spurs shirts would be Mr Wang who makes them in his back bedroom and flogs them on Kyoto Street market.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrov is a much better footballer than Nakamura. Petrov was consistently good for Celtic in big SPL matches and in Europe. Nakamura hasn't. He has been very poor in the Old Firm Matches. You can say I am a bitter Rangers fan, but there are several Celtic players that I really do rate. Nakamura isn't one of them. There is a reason why he didn't make an impact in Italy and Celtic were the only team that wanted him.

Nakamura has scored nine SPL goals. That is hardly impressive when you consider that midfielders like Barry Robson have scored more.

If I got offered 3 million or Nakamura, I would take the 3 million. So if Spurs spend 6.7 million on him, Strachan will laughing his head off. Scott Brown is a better player and he spent 4.5 million him.
    Utter shite. Nakamura is the most skillful player in Scotland and is also Japan's main man.

Petrov is an overrated drama queen. I never got the hype about Petrov. He never looked confident, he couldn't get a corner off the ground and he was a diving bastard. Honestly, whenever I was at Parkhead in the last few years there was one home player that ever got stick from us and that was Petrov.

I'll admit he was good for a few goals in at yous, but that was it. He was utterly replaceable against the rest of the SPL and in Europe. How you can say Petrov was consistent for us in Europe I have no idea because half the time you wouldn't even know he was playing until we were up 2-0.

Martin O'Neill done has a huge favour while taking a massive gamble himself, which so far, hasn't really paid off.

And so what if he's only scored 9 SPL goals? Look at the fucking size of him, the fact that he has even scored in the box is an achievment. We didn't buy him for his haul of goals. We bought him to help us progress in Europe (which he did) and to make goals which he did 13 times in all competitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Asian market is not a myth. Nakamura has sold an phenomenal amount of merchandise whilst at Celtic. There have been a whole range of products which have sold out and he is by far ahead in requests for a name and number to go on the back of the tops. He is followed everywhere by Asian journalists, it’s their full time job to report on him. Asian TV is over a lot doing interviews and reports and special features on the player and the team and the club get a lot of Asian tourists over. The Asian culture it seems it not as much as following of a team but of following a player and his career. Nakamura is the Beckham and not just with free kicks.

I think Scott Brown is a great player, I am really glad that we got him. I feel we got the better of the ‘twins’ and that’s not just club bias. He is 21 and it’s a five year contract so he will be able to grow with the club. Midfield is an area we need to strengthen we have lost Lennon, will probably sell Gravesen and Jarosik (hopefully) so he was needed. Think that it’s the biggest transfer between two Scottish clubs but he is worth the money. Makes a change though that we can outbid you, I here you are going for Lee McCulloch for £1.2m

Wardy I disagree with you about Petrov. Thought he was a brilliant player for us. Got to box to box, created scored and was good at both at home and abroad. He hasn’t been replaced since he left.

Flying without wings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll sign Rivaldo

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom View Post
    We'll nearly sign Rivaldo
    There you go. i fixed it for you.

Alf
    Celtic lads... looks like we'll be playing you in a pre-season friendly... rumoured to be at wembley. That'd be grand.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had the cash I'd come down and kiss you on your lovely big jew nose.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're playing North End at Deepdale. That'd be grand except I'm on my holibobs

Had a top day last time we had a friendly versus them. Took about 6,000.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Everything else in your post just sounds like bitterness from a fan of Celtic's much weaker rivals.
    Replace the word Celtic with Arsenal, and thats you in 50% of your football posts.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic lads... looks like we'll be playing you in a pre-season friendly... rumoured to be at wembley. That'd be grand.
    Interesting, why would it be at Wembley? Might need to get down to that one.

Alf
    I have no idea. It might be part of some sort of mini tourney.

...or it could be so plenty of your lot can come down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably give you lads a chance to play there before they knock it down.

Simon
    Replace the word Celtic with Arsenal, and thats you in 50% of your football posts.....
    Not really, I'm pretty realistic about Tottenham's chances for the most part. It's more a case of Arsenal fans being too arrogant to consider the possibility that they might be challenged by us. Arrogant team, arrogant captain, arrogant fans, arrogant manager, arrogant club. Fair enough if you're top of the league and winning everything in sight, but you're not. Not by a long, long way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what your saying but i just feezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Alf
    It's only fun when it's Eldanny and his mad ramblings

'Yeah, Berbatov is obviously shit, the stats are overwhelming'... ARRRRRAHAHAHAH

Simon
    Berby's signed a new contract, apparently. Lovely stuff, didn't even break the club's wage structure. Better than any signing we could have made.