User Tag List

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 768283848586878889 LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,600 of 8833

Thread: The Official Spurs Transfer Rumours thread

Alf
    Closer to 10m I'd say.

Naming rights with an Arab company (thought to be Qatar) to be announced soon.

Simon
    We've bid £7m for Butland with a clause that they get him back for a year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Oscar looked class in Brazils recent friendlies, really wanted us to make a bid. AVB was over there scouting.

Alf
    Adebayor set to br wrapped up. Boom.

We need one more striker on top of that I reckon.

If we get a keeper, Vertonghen, and another mid, it'll be the best window I can ever remember.

Simon
    Pienaar gone to Everton on a perm apparently. Is this the summer we finally get rid of all the dead wood? Corluka, Khumalo and Pienaar out, now we just need to find buyers for Jenas, Bentley, Gomes, Bassong and Giovani. £35m that lot cost us, we'd probably take £10m if someone offered to take all of them from us.

Alf
    We've bid for Defour appazalazalaz

Andy
    When did Gomes make the transition from one of the best in the league to deadwood?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We've bid £7m for Butland with a clause that they get him back for a year.
    If any deal is to be done for Butland this summer it will rely upon loans. Spurs could have the upper hand with Townsend and/or Rose. Also the price would need to go up but given that the source for this rumour seems to be the Daily Mail it's probably guesswork.

Alf
    We've nabbed some youngster from Man U apparently too. Fryer? Might be something like that

Simon
    Yeah Zeki Fryers, he got a couple of games for them last season. Sounds like he was wanting dickhead money though. It's unbelievable the entitlement young players feel nowadays. Sturridge left City because they wouldn't pay him £90k a week as a 19 year old. I think Pogba left United because they wouldn't offer him mad wages as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Fryers wasn't much of a back up for us, with Fabio basically going on loan, I guess that means Baines coming in makes more sense.

Alf
    Lots of positivity about us from spurs fans at the moment, yet the papers are trying to spin that we are in crisis. So odd. Every spurs fan I know is excited and fully behind what's going on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you referencing the AVB stuff? Was always going to go that way with the papers.

Alf
    Everything... Even with the whole luka thing.

Alf
    Vertonghen official now. YUS!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APPAZ you've had a bid accepted for Lewandowski today too. £20 mil is what I've heard.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By "heard" you mean read it on Twitter I would suppose.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did not mean the literal meaning. Apologies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, but saying "heard" instead of stating you read it on Twitter, the home of bollocks rumours, implies a false sense of legitimacy. Not sure why people don't like saying where they get their rumours from.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll find this thread is the home of bollocks rumours.

Alf
    Not anymore. AVB, Sig, and Vertonghen have all come through. And the Oscar interest.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't be long until theres a Messi for Jenas, Bentley and Defoe + £3.75 million rumour.

Simon
    Vertonghen and Sigurdsson in on top of the AVB arrival is a fantastic start to the window. We quietly brought in €15m for Kranjcar and Corluka as well.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Lewandowski to Spurs rumour was from the Sunday Times.

Simon
    No way will we sign him. Adebayor will hopefully be one of the strikers, wouldn't surprise me if Sturridge is the other.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Will Caulker be in the first team next season?

Simon
    First team squad, probably fourth choice behind Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson at a guess. No ida what is happening with Gallas and King though.

Our goalkeeping coach Tony Parkes is insistent that Gomes is still the best goalkeeper at the club and should be given another go. Similarly, David Bentley has been told by AVB that he starts with a clean slate and is going to try to get himself back in contention...I'll believe it when I see it.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought Gallas was out of contract and had left?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    BBF tells me Gallas is off to West Ham. Wouldn't reveal his source though.

Simon
    Gallas has a year left on his deal according to Spurs ITK.

Simon
    Modric: "Nothing is set in stone, you know what our chairman's like. All depends on whether DL gets what he wants. He's held firm before, he'll do it again if he isn't okay with an offer."

King: "Not a chance that he is leaving Spurs. Would never play anywhere else. We'll look after him, whether that is involving him with coaching or increasing his work in the community, in which he is already very active. Everyone was devastated with what happened last year. He was playing in so much pain because the club needed him to. Should have had surgery then and sat out rest of season but put it off. Knee injury related to training ground collision with a youth team keeper (not Townsend as was reported)."

Adebayor: "It should happen. He likes it here. There really is a great team spirit. It's true that a large slice of his wages go to his charity in Togo to help disabled people find work."

Caulker: "We have high hopes. Class act. Came through late but has got big potential. Quiet but leads by example. Scum came in for him after Youth Cup game couple of seasons back but were rebuffed."

VDV: "We've made lots of efforts to land Sylvie with some TV work over here since arriving, but without success. Feeling here is that he doesn't want to go, but while she was initially ok with the traveling to and fro, we're not sure she is now."

Gomes: "Tony Parkes rates him as the best keeper at the club. Waiting to see what AVB thinks. Club looking at two other keepers, one in UK, one overseas."

AVB: "Lads being called in for double sessions. Training under HR was very old school but a lot of fun. Going to be very different from now on. We'll see what they think of that. Whether he succeeds is mainly a matter of whether our players can buy into his training and tactical ideas. We don't have the massive egos that CFC do which should help."

Bale: "Has physically developed even more. He's a beast, but does have problems with niggling injuries."

Sandro: "Still doesn't speak very good English. He is far and away our fittest player."

Bentley/Jenas: "Exploring the idea of a new deal. We want to get something back from our 16m. Did the same with Jenas and would sell him in a heartbeat for a decent offer."

Gallas: "Popular and well respected, has a year on his deal and we wouldn't be unhappy if he saw it out."

Oscar: "A bid is not the same thing as a completed transfer. Takes three sides - both clubs and the player - to agree to a deal."

Investment: "We always listen to offers for investment, whether that be minority or majority, and evaluate them against the specific parameters that DL/JL have for what they want. If they do agree to a deal it will be one DL believes will leave THFC in a far stronger position than where we are now. Anything less and it's goodbye. There are things being discussed but nothing that can be - or we want to be - announced yet. Rest assured DL desperately wants us to be a successful club on the biggest stage."

Sponsorship: "Under Armour. A very big deal for them and they are using us to launch themselves into football. Much better for us to be in this situation than with a brand like Nike where we'd always be behind the big boys. Shirt material will provide data to help us analyse performance."

Europa League: "If we'd finished sixth we'd agreed to play the home leg of the Qualifying Round in August at Ipswich Town, due to the Olympics."

Transfers: "Lots of clubs interested in lots of our players, including many we'd like shot of. We've baited our rod to try and catch some big fish. Individually none are more than 50/50 but we have some confidence that we can get at least one of them to bite. It's not easy though competing with the financial resources of some other clubs."
    We're still keen on Sturridge despite his illness and AVB is a big fan.

Rose is likely to go to QPR on loan but Caulker will be in the squad and we're hoping for big things from him, especially with Ledders' coaching.

To slightly contradict some of the earlier ITK, Sandro's english isn't that bad, certainly not to the level where it's any sort of issue.

Finally, we've heard that Moutinho is over for talks and AVB is very keen to get this done.

Edit: Gallas to West Ham is looking likely
    Those are the two snippets that include Gallas info.

Alf
    Getting Moutinho in would be mental too.

This is a mad window so far.

Now we just need a goalkeeper and striker (or two).

The Rosk
    You are gonna be so shit this season. 6th max. dogshit.

Ps Alf I bought an iPad after our chat. Now what do I do.

Alf
    Good lad.

First app you should get is Flipboard.

I use mine for reading boos and surfing the net really (and watching movies when I'm travelling). So it's essentially a nice laptop replacement.

Simon
    We still need at minimum two strikers and a midfielder (assuming Modric goes). A goalkeeper could in theory wait because Friedel is still the shit, the rest are essentials. Not a bad squad though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Hugo Lloris has started contract negotiations with Tottenham, according to L'Equipe.

Tottenham négocie pour Lloris
    Hugo Lloris, le portier de l'équipe de France, est très demandé. Outre Arsenal, qui n'a pas encore bougé, Tottenham s'intéresse au gardien de Lyon. Selon nos informations, le joueur de 25 ans a donné son accord aux Spurs pour négocier son transfert avec l'OL. Sous contrat jusqu'en 2015, il vaut 20 millions selon Jean-Michel Aulas. Ce dernier souhaite que tout cela soit réglé avant le 15 juillet, date de retour de vacances de l'ancien Niçois.
    Tottenham negotiates Lloris
    Hugo Lloris, the gatekeeper of the France team, is in high demand. Furthermore Arsenal, which has not moved, is interested in Tottenham keeper Lyon. Reportedly, the 25-year old has agreed to negotiate his transfer to Spurs with OL. Under contract until 2015, it is 20 million, according to Jean-Michel Aulas. It wants all this to be settled before July 15, date back from vacation of the old Nice.
    Last edited by Grimario; July 10th, 2012 at 5:38 AM.

Simon
    NGGGGGGGG everything is going so well what is going on.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I love that he is on vacation of the old Nice.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs defo need a new gatekeeper.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon
    Look at the state of Huddlestone's barnet!

And look at all our new signings!

Jenas!

Gylfi!

Bassong!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did you sign Alan Cumming?

Simon
    Na that's Younes Kaboul.

Simon

So hyped!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    You lot are apparently taking one of the young keepers (Matt Ryan) from Oz on trial for a week. He is suggested by some as the natural replacement for Schwarzer in the NT once he retires but he is a midget as far as keepers go, only 180cm and I would imagine that Mitch Langerak at Dortmund and Federici at Reading would have a few things to say about who is next in line.

Alf
    So Ade for 5m with city paying some of his wages.... And appaz arsenal had a sell on clause, but as the fee is so low they'll get less. Boom.

Simon
    Looks like Lloris is almost finished. Adebayor next, then hopefully Moutinho. Still think we will need another striker though. Seems greedy.

Simon

I know there are a million more logical reasons for AVB to be meeting Hulk than because we're signing him, but still...

Simon
    We've signed Zeki Fryers and Jamal Lascelles, yeeeaaahhh boyyyy

Simon
    This Modric thing is blowing up in a big way, hope we pin the little rat cunt to the wall on this one, make him sweat.

Alf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p3Fq...ature=youtu.be

Love him.

What's happening with Modric? I'm out of the loop.

Simon
    Refusing to train, refusng to board plane to America...quite excited to see what happens now. Levy won't stand for this shit, especially with his missus in hospital. Horrible little scrote Modric.

Alf
    Snidey little cunt. Oh well.

We all know how this works out. Levy gets a lot of money. Win.

We won't replace him. Lose.

But then we already have in Sigurdsson. Win.

Andy
    How do you guys think Sigurdsson and VDV fit in the same team? Is Adebayor looking likely still?

Simon
    Adebayor is more or less done. I have no idea what the plan is for Sigurdsson and VDV, they don't play in exactly the same role but I wouldn't trust the two of them in front of a holding midfielder. The signing of Sigurdsson already strikes me as a very strange one unless VDV goes, which seems unlikely.

Simon
    -Both Oscar Cardozo and Silvestre Varela are on a list of potential winger/strikers should our main targets not go ahead. We have 2 main striker targets who are certainly 'next level'
    - Joao Moutinho IS our Luka replacement but Porto are demanding way more than we'll pay.
    - Hulk is a 'no-go' - wages and fee mean only City and Chelsea could get him. On City's wishlist.
    - Dos Santos really wants to stay now, believes he will be given a chance under AVB. Will now only leave if AVB doesn't rate him. Doesn't want to be seen as a failure at Tottenham

Andy
    Good to see those who made the trip to Nigeria had a productive trip.

Alf
    Where is that slice of bollocks from?

I think it's more than just the fee holding us back on Hulk and Moutinho. I.e. Them actually wanting to come.

Simon
    By all accounts Moutinho does want to come, Hulk doesn't obviously.

Andy
    Oops, posted the monster mert in the wrong thread.

Simon
    We are trying to sign Sneijder

Alf
    APPAZ.

It's clearly bollocks so why get upset about it?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I reckon Sneijder will be a PSG player either in Jan or at the end of the season so like Alf said i wouldn't worry about it Simon.

Simon
    Because we waste time trying to sign these superstars while missing out on Falcao for £5m when he was at River etc.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well you are supposedly getting some winger from Porto that AVB watched come through the ranks. Maybe he could become one of these superstars like Falcao.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If Spurs want to buy a ready made superstar they should just complete the Moutinho deal this time and they'll have the best player in the prem.

Alf
    Because we waste time trying to sign these superstars while missing out on Falcao for £5m when he was at River etc.
    That ignores an ocean of context.

Could we have signed Falcao for that, then? Would he have come? In terms of immigration was it even possible?

I doubt very much we chase one transfer at a time. So don't worry.

Alf

Amazing. Look at the wonder on his face.

Simon
    Hahaha that is fantastic. Sly little swear from the wee Arab lad as well.

That kid will 100% work in a kebab shop when he's older. He has that face. I bet his first word was "boss".

Simon
    WAAAAAAAAAY WE'RE BACK

Firstly, it looks like AVB will be rewarded and will get Moutinho in January, discussions have continued since the summer, the only sticking point is the fact Porto are still in the CL and a bit more reluctant than they would be if they were out.

The second is that an agreement with Real Madrid is close for Bale to go there in the summer for something north of £50M with the possibility of Calejon coming here on loan until the end of the season. It is thought that Bale is seen as the replacement for Ronaldo who alongside Maureen will leave Real in the summer. The money they get for him will pay for Bale.

Less specific, but we have a very short list of midfielders and Strikers who we are trying to tie up for the summer. There will be a few outs, the normal loans and possibly a couple of small sales. Benny will stay and should be in the team by the weekend, AVB wants to give Walker a rest and try Naughton as right back for a couple of games. If Harry came in for Gallas he would be let go with Kaboul expected to be back in the mix by the end of the month.
    Lewis Holtby. Freund pushing for him.. watched him a lot.
    re. Jake Livermore
    Talking to two clubs about moving on loan.

QPR and Fulham

If spurs can do the deal then Fulham is the preferred destination for both spurs (development) and Jake.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holtby would make sense. I'd imagine he'll be in the Premier League next season and Spurs would be a decent fit.

Simon
    I don't think I've ever seen him play, what's his natural position?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Central midfield but he's not the biggest so I think he'd struggle a bit in a 4-4-2 in England. He's an attacking midfielder. Of course you've already got a couple of those.

Alf
    Central mid I believe.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Central midfield but he's not the biggest so I think he'd struggle a bit in a 4-4-2 in England. He's an attacking midfielder. Of course you've already got a couple of those.
    Siggurdsson, and I suppose you could lump Dempsey in. I think that's it for our attacking central mids.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Dembele as well?

Simon
    He's a deep-lying playmaker more in the Carrick mould.

Alf
    Nah, Dembele isn't an attacking mid really. He can carry the ball well but he's definitely more defensive minded. I wouldn't compare him to Carrick at all either, he's not really a playmaker and he's probably more defensive than Carrick. He's just a standard, good old-fashioned central mid.

Simon
    I mean in terms of the positions he takes up.

Alf
    Yeeeeahhhhhhhhhh..........................

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holtby has been linked with us loads what with him being an Everton fan and all that. Hes not a position we really need though. He can play left mid too.

Simon
    The ********* family strikes again !
    No pictures though- I just arrived in Munich on a Lufthansa flight and am
    About to get off, when I see that the entire schalke team is sitting
    Behind me including Lewis Holtby. Luckily we had to take a bus to the
    Terminal and I spoke to Holtby about coming to spurs. He looked a bit coy
    About it but huntelaar said straight away it's all done and he's coming.
    Have to take my flight now. Will post again this evening

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how he names the only other Schalke player he probably knows.

Alf
    Thing is, that's from the guy who had his pic taken with his Zokora in a hotel before he signed for us and pretty much broke the news he was signing. He's just a normal guy who talks about football, I don't think he's posted any RUMOURS since his Zokora snap.

Simon
    Ah right didn't know that, maybe a bit more legit then.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they be getting off in Munich though? Gelsinkirchen is miles away from there. Unless its a winter training camp or something I suppose.

Alf
    On their way to Qatar training camp. Appaz.

Another one from him:

Update: This is breaking news

have arrived now in Romania. so here we go this is exactly what happened.

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his mother's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.
    And this is important for me and Simon... but he is handsome. Obvs can't compare to Kranky, but it goes some way to filling the void.

Simon
    The Fryers deal is confirmed. God we are so snide.

Simon
    Holtby confirmed for summer already great stuff!

Alf
    NICE

Chat of us getting Sissoko on a pre-contract too.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holtby confirmed for summer already great stuff!
    Holtby has had a press conference this morning talking about the move, what a dream it is, what a big club Spurs are, how much he's dreamed of playing in the Premier League, etc, then he's said that it's actually not 100% a done deal. Even though it seems to have been confirmed as such by both clubs. Bit weird.

Schalke UK news ‏@Schalke_UK

Holtby: As things stand, I will leave #Schalke in summer. But in football you never know.

Andy
    How do Liege fit into this deal for Fryers? Have they been paid off or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would have paid United hardly anything for Fryers because it was a FIFA tribunal, then got paid £3 million for him from Spurs.

The Rosk
    Lads, what the fuck is happening with Adebayor? Is he gonig to the ACN or what?

Alf
    No idea. No idea at all. That puts us well in the shit if he does.

Simon
    I heard Livermore has turned QPR down but i can see it being revisited and he has other options.
    Gallas has been offered a 6 month contract by QPR.

re; Tottenham
    AVB has clearly won the battle.
    He was never interested in Eriksen so its off.
    Willian is a non starter but there is other reasons for that.
    Moutinho is the one they are working on but its cat and mouse and will go down to the wire. But he is the number 1 choice.
    IF a serious of events occur tottenham could also be forced into signing a defender who is definitely on their radar.

Simon
    I wasn't going to post due to some posters on here comments re ITK, but thought why worry about a few knobheads if the majority are still interested?

So here goes; my source has confirmed most of what Journalist and a couple of people are guessing/saying on here.

Levy is still trying to give AVB Moutinho, but the ball is the players court, if this does not happen then Holtby will come in January deadlines been set for a decision so Shalke can react. We are also talking to Inter re Damiao and a bid has gone in,
    Llorente deal not dead yet. AVB very pissed with Adebayor for f-ing about for the second time in six months so don't be suprised if he is gone in the summer

Livermore and Hudd will almost certainly go out one on loan one sold, lots of interest on both, don't know which one will do what, think it depends on bids.

Up to Gallas if he goes to QPR, if he does and Kaboul's condition does not improve quickly we could be in for Alderweireld 6 months early. made an enquiry about Zara, but thats about it.

A number of those on the fringe and returning will be sent back out on loan again, once dust settles a bit. Intrestingly been told that the key business should be done by third week of January if it is going to happen.
    Quite interesting, sounds realistic for once.

Alf
    Sounds realistic because it's the same stuff we've heard before.

Who is that from by the way?