Results 1,001 to 1,075 of 1075

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Yeah you think Dexter would be just a bit more inquisitive with Harrison's arrival. How's he going to explain him to his new lady as well? I don't feel like he would tell her he had a child at one point.

Deb was excellent.

I'm definitely looking forward to this unfolding.
    Maybe little brother or nephew?

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Little brother or nephew would be fun. The Ice Truck killer's kid, coming to seek revenge on his Uncle.

I thought I had read there was going to be a serial killer obsessed reporter or podcaster and if that happens I can just sorta see this kid being linked with them and not even being a relative. He might just be a young Dexter type who snooped Dex out some how.

Plenty of possibilities.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how this is starting off. All of it has me hooked and yeah... I don't trust that kid at all. If there's anything this show has taught us, it's nothing is what it seems.

It's going to be heartbreaking to see all these nice characters die

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Great first episode and Deb stole the show for me even though Dexter was on point as well. When she popped up to stop Dexter from saying who he was to Harrison was nice and tense.

Some of the secondary characters have been set up nicely and you could obviously tell from the get go the rich old man is going to be the big bad. I could see him hiring a slew of people to find his son not believing the small town law can handle it. This will give Dexter many antagonist to mow down during the season.

Lot of possibilities they can go down but so far I'm hooked.

If I could nitpick one moment though - is for the love of God why didn't they play his eerie theme from the end credits when he killed that asshole. Hit that violin stroke the moment he breathed that sigh of relief and just fade it out to complete his return. Chills would have been up and down everyone's spine.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Looks good. Can't wait for more Deb.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was thinking since they've announced Lithgow that maybe this is Harrison and the flashback of Trinity will be placing baby Harrison in the bathroom when/after he kills Rita. There is really no other flashback that would deliver more than Trinity in the house. They don't need Rita but would be a bonus if she came back and they kept it under wraps but I don't think that's the case.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    harrison was blonde as fuck as a kid. i don't think that's a detail they just ignore or overlook when casting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    harrison was blonde as fuck as a kid. i don't think that's a detail they just ignore or overlook when casting.
    I was blonde until I was about 4 then went to light brown. Had a small corner in the front of my hair that stayed blonde until I was 9 or 10.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had blonde hair when I was younger too.

Good episode.

I'm really digging this new season/series. I was hoping Harrison would have his own lockpick set and not just a pocket knife. Sad that Hannah died of cancer.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice episode. Got hit with some hard nostalgia hearing Dinosaur Jr's "Feel the Pain". Love that song.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it now. She's back but she's not Deb. She's not even just Dexter's memory of what Deb was like.

She is Dexter's madness. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    She's Dexter's dark passenger.

Good episode. I mean the way they are building Harrison he has to be harrison unless he has deep dived harrison, killed him and is looking for revenge.

I still think his woman looks like Deb. It's the facial structure which I still find odd. Deb and Dexter's always had a weird dynamic and this could be something that plays out. I don't know maybe I am digging to deep.

I also fucked up in thinking the dick that Dexter killed was the son of the billionaire and not the guy that showed up at the end but I'm already thinking he is the guy kidnapping the women.

I mean maybe it's is the billionaire dude but we got a lot of gray areas between both of them.

You'd think Dexter would buy his son an actual bed after he said he was staying ffs. The couch looks way more comfy than that cot.

Also, the winter is going to eventually go away and that body and gun doesn't look like it's that far underwater to be safe. I would think at some point Dexter will have to move it.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    She's Dexter's dark passenger.

Good episode. I mean the way they are building Harrison he has to be harrison unless he has deep dived harrison, killed him and is looking for revenge.

I still think his woman looks like Deb. It's the facial structure which I still find odd. Deb and Dexter's always had a weird dynamic and this could be something that plays out. I don't know maybe I am digging to deep.

I also fucked up in thinking the dick that Dexter killed was the son of the billionaire and not the guy that showed up at the end but I'm already thinking he is the guy kidnapping the women.

I mean maybe it's is the billionaire dude but we got a lot of gray areas between both of them.

You'd think Dexter would buy his son an actual bed after he said he was staying ffs. The couch looks way more comfy than that cot.

Also, the winter is going to eventually go away and that body and gun doesn't look like it's that far underwater to be safe. I would think at some point Dexter will have to move it.
    When Dex's lady is sitting on the couch talking to him it did resemble Deb. I thought it was Deb for a moment.

Deb is killing it. They definitely took the negative end of her and made it a positive by having her be Dex's dark passenger.

I am coming around to thinking it's Harrison. When Rita's death was brought up he definitely shut down and ignored the how she died questiin. Still thinking the Lithgow flashback will be with a young Harrison and the way he ignored the subject of Rita's death makes me think it even more.

Hannah might not have died of cancer. Maybe Harrison found the letter before her death instead of after like he claims. If before he could have killed Hannah in a fit of rage.

I think it could be both the billionaire and the dad. Billionaire's money and the dad has connections. The eye that was watching the girl looks like the dad's eye.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm not ready to go all in on Harrison being a killer yet as they have not set anything up yet to indicate it other than the fact him and Dexter share witnessing their mothers deaths. Obviously there is still time to set things up but as of right now it would seem odd that letter would be the thing that flipped his switch and surely Hannah would have reached out if Harrison was killing animals or anything of that nature. It's not far fetched, I just don't see it happening as of yet.

I kind of also want to see the outdoor supply owner be the guy kidnapping and killing the girls in a far out twist

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I need to look over what he was drawing in that notebook again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Oh yeah his doodles were quite fucked up. Forgot about that.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I need to look over what he was drawing in that notebook again.
    There was a bald man I think but I don't think the couple of sketches were shown had any relevance. There's more to be seen in that book, guessing a sketch of Rita, dead in the tub.

They haven't given us any set up yet with Harrison but I thought when he was talking with Dexter about what he meant by dark tendencies that Harrison was almost desperate to know, like he had been wrestling with the darkness his whole life.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great episode. Things are getting good.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I'm getting really interested now and hopeful this isn't just a one off.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far this totally makes up for that shit last season.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So my theory is the trinity killer is harrisons dark passenger.

If it's not that then Dexter dies and becomes it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fantasy booking Dexter killing his own (maybe) son and further expanding a life of hell.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So my theory is the trinity killer is harrisons dark passenger.

If it's not that then Dexter dies and becomes it.
    I was thinking this but both things.

The end will reveal Trinity urging Harrison to kill Dexter.

They said the end would make the internet explode and Trinity whispering in Harrison's ear as he slices Dexter open to death would accomplish that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Harrison doesn't kill Dexter because I want another season.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexter tries to teach his son the code but he's too old or too different from Dexter to learn the way Dexter did. So we have Caldwell (obviously the killer) and his dead son killed by Dexter who also has a son who is also a killer.

Caldwell finds out who Dexter is and that he killed his son. He then takes Harrison and tries to groom him the other way and be proud of his killer instinct. This is all to torture Dexter. Very Karate Kid III style.

However things go awry when Caldwell makes his move against Dexter causing Harrison to try and stop it but then he gets killed in the process leaving Dexter alone and now completely insane.

This is when Dexter sees visions of the Trinity Killer and gets in touch with his inner monster more than ever before in order to kill Caldwell.

I watch a lot of TV. I'm probably right on this.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Episode 4 was just great. Really gives you all these angles to ponder on that have been slowly growing.

They've been pretty open on who they want you to think the Sniper Killer is but that makes me think Kurt definitely has a partner. Thinking Edward the rich guy. When he pulled over to offer help to Audrey you could hear one of the songs that the Sniper Killer listens to before he kills.

That Podcaster Molly poses the most danger to Dexter right now. She is going eventually realize Dexter and Harrison's connection to Trinity. She did the episode on Trinity in Miami and you have to think as she researched the original killing of Rita that Dexter's face would have shown up. Rita's face was on the episode picture so I'm sure she's seen a photo of Dexter. Eventually it will come flooding in her brain. After that she will connect Harrison's attack on Ethan with the straight razor to the baby that was left in Rita's blood.

Eventually Molly will convince Angela to call down to Miami or maybe even fly down. I think Angela talks to either Angel or Masuka.

I think Harrison killed Hannah. Dexter had been in contact with letters and I feel like Hannah would have contacted Dexter once she found out she was terminal.

I don't know much on Foster care but I feel like they would have Harrison's information and he wouldn't be able to just run away from the system. Harrison's name would be flagged by some sort of authority once he was entered into School in Iron Lake.

Harrison's story just doesn't add up. I came across this site below that has Alcott listed as both Harrison Morgan and Randall Lindsey so wondering who they give the alias to since most in town already know him as Harrison.

https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/de...otos-season-9/

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Best episode yet!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Best episode yet!
    Indeed. The surprise cameo had me going.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah but as soon as I saw I knew Dex was in trouble!

Next week is so far away. I really wish I could binge the rest right now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Batista looks great. Really excited for the next episode.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kurt is mounting the heads of these runaways he kills. That's what hunters do with their trophies. That's why he was so mad at the victim he shot in the eye.

I feel like Angela will eventually find his trophy room in the secluded cabin and come face to face with her missing friend Iris.

A more far out theory is Iris could be Audrey's mother as well. Iris had her young and was running away from town for some reason when Kurt picked her up. She might have even been his first victim. Angela said Audrey was abandoned which could be because Kurt kidnapped Audrey's mom.

Also, could Kurt be the father? Maybe Edward? Audrey said her dad was dead which just could be a line to make the viewer not think he'll pop up later.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Batista looks great. Really excited for the next episode.
    You have to think Angela would get in contact with him and tell him Dexter is alive.

I also think it's funny that Angela is just like Angel and they ended up getting to have a scene together. I off hand mentioned to my wife they just took Angel's name and added a A on the end. A couple episodes later there he is!

I really want a Dexter/Angel face to face. The end of the series it felt like Angel knew it wasn't self defense when Dexter killed Oliver.

There's more they could do here and I hope they do.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Batista and Quinn both knew it wasn't self defense. They let it go because they loved Deb though.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Batista and Quinn both knew it wasn't self defense. They let it go because they loved Deb though.
    Exactly. Quinn knew about Dexter by end of S5 and let it go because of Deb. I'd be curious to see if he pops up too.

Rewatching with my older teens and getting to the end of S4. They have no idea what's coming.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really buy Harrison's story about Hannah but I don't really understand how Hannah managed to survive as long as she allegedly did. Elway seemed to have taken the whole Dexter/Hannah thing pretty personally by the end. Him not finding Dexter? Okay I can buy that believes the official story IT is at the very least possible and even plausible. The idea that he just forgot about Hannah and Harrison at that point is pretty absurd. And a large part of Hannah's character was she did not have the skill set to avoid detection in long run.

Dexter's luck sucks donkey balls in this series though. I mean holy crap. Some of it is him getting greedy, some is him underestimating the locals but too much is just if people would politely hit one more red light everything would be fine.

Dex dodged a serious bullet that Bautista didn't drop the bomb on him. I understand from a narrative point of view but goddamn!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dexter is rusty from not killing. Every time I see the thread bumped I think there's a new episode before remembering it's not even the weekend yet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that he's rusty but it seems like there are certain things you don't do and don't forget. Like take someone during the day. I think its more that Harrison and Dark Debra or whatever we're calling her just altered his thought process to such a pretty insane degree. Dex never did quite get a hold of being able to function when one of the few people he genuinely cared about got themselves into a fix.

Sorry I alerted you, I do know how annoying that can be. But as you said in a roundabout way its not my fault you don't know when the weekend is.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fucking loved the Batista cameo. Still a STALLION

still love this show, even if it's completely formulaic/derivative of its predecessor. It's just fun.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great episode. They're doing a great job of making me really want to watch the next one. I believe there's only 2 episodes left?

EDIT: Just looked and it's a 10 episode season. Awesome.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Fuck sake. I bought in to hard when Angela called him at the end. I was ready to go and it was the fucking end of the episode.

They finally did the but with the music I wanted them to do when he killed for the first time again. Nice touch.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Right, I was pissed when credits rolled. It was just getting good but like Bert said they're building anticipation for the next episode wonderfully.

I can't wait to be able to binge this whole season on a rewatch.

Kurt definitely mounting these women's heads if not the entire body. Why try to fix her face and get so mad when it fails if he's not?

Line of the night was Dexter asking Kurt if Kurt wanted Dexter to shut the door behind him in his basement.

I just don't buy Molly not knowing who Dexter is.

Rich guy Edward been absent for the last few episodes. I feel like he's due to poke his head back up soon. The grave in the caves didn't appear to have a ton of bodies and the opening to get to that part of the cave was pretty tight. Could a big guy like Kurt get in that space? Seems like smaller Edward would be better suited to crawl in there. Maybe Edward killed Iris and her disappearance was just lumped in with Kurt's kills by mistake.

Having two separate killers in Iron Lake could be a fun twist.

I'm thinking there's a Season 2 coming. The second season being the Iron Lake police force coming for Dexter. Once Logan finds out Jim isn't Jim, he seems the type to pry into things.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; December 13th, 2021 at 7:02 PM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Showtime released the whole episode of MFK on Trinity.

Things I took from a full listen:

Liked the reference of Quinn being hunky enough to be on Gossip Girl. My wife loves that show so didn't miss that reference because he was on Gossip Girl.

Molly referenced the Ice Truck Killer as a upcoming episode. Not sure if we've seen that episode's thumbnail when her episode's pop up but I don't believe so. More fuel on that she knows who Dexter is fire. Maybe it'll be a two parter with little brother Dexter after everything at Iron Lake is done.

Molly invited Harrison to be on her show. What if he took her up on that offer and that's what led them both to Iron Lake. We as viewers saw Harrison listening to the Trinity episode in the gym before he attacked Ethan for our first time. Doesn't mean he didn't listen before. He could have been listening to psyche himself up before his attack.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; December 13th, 2021 at 6:57 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy booking: Harrison goes onto a live stream of Molly's podcast and kills her live. Why? Dunno, but that'd be rad.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Dexter tries to teach his son the code but he's too old or too different from Dexter to learn the way Dexter did. So we have Caldwell (obviously the killer) and his dead son killed by Dexter who also has a son who is also a killer.

Caldwell finds out who Dexter is and that he killed his son. He then takes Harrison and tries to groom him the other way and be proud of his killer instinct. This is all to torture Dexter. Very Karate Kid III style.

However things go awry when Caldwell makes his move against Dexter causing Harrison to try and stop it but then he gets killed in the process leaving Dexter alone and now completely insane.

This is when Dexter sees visions of the Trinity Killer and gets in touch with his inner monster more than ever before in order to kill Caldwell.

I watch a lot of TV. I'm probably right on this.
    I mean I said Karate Kid 3 style and he's literally COACHING Harrison to be evil and vicious.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had the first episode on as background noise and noticed Matt had a pretty gnarley scar from the boat accident.

If he had any screws or whatever holding his knee in place then they're just waiting g to be discovered in that incinerator.

Are medical screws traceable? Do they have serial numbers? Not sure but this is another thing that could bite Dexter in the ass. Why show the leg and scar if it's not going to come into play later? The camera definitely focuses on the scar for a moment.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest episode was ok, the ending was a bit flat for me as well. Next one looks to be a doozy tho.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I need more Lithgow!

Knew that screw would bite Dex in the ass.

Preview for next episode looks crazy.

I'm starting to think that this is it for Dexter but that's what Showtime wants you to think until they renew this for Season 2. I hope.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    What if by Dexter's code he must kill Harrison.

That would be a bit of a shocking finale thar can lead to a season 2.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if by Dexter's code he must kill Harrison.

That would be a bit of a shocking finale thar can lead to a season 2.
    That's what I've been anticipating. Eeegads what a blow that would be for Dex.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good episode.

I'm wondering how Dexter slips out of this or even if he does. I feel like Showtime execs wouldn't want anything too serious to happen to Dexter. Same reason I didn't think they'd kill him off in the original run. That blow up the internet ending Philips promised has to be something big though so not sure what they'll do.

Angela is either going to catch Dexter or be killed at this point. Maybe she dies and Logan takes up the case in S2 with Dexter going into detail about Harry's code to Harrison.

I don't want this to run to end yet and they could easily get a couple more great seasons out of this material.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like the blow up the internet thing is hyperbole and it's just like Harrison and Dexter as a father son team of serial killers or something.

I liked that episode and as always it has me craving the next one.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if the body Kurt was working on when Elrid called him was Molly? She was missing this last episode and thinking she might pop up in Kurt's gallery of dead women.

Angela finds out and tells Dexter to do what he does? She was becoming a bit chummy with Molly and losing another friend to Kurt might push her over the edge.

Loved the preview with Kurt telling Harrison that he'll see him around while pointing his fingers at him like a gun. Kurt has been a surprisingly great villain this season.

Also Angela having Dexter over for Christmas seems like a trap. She's been digging into him and wouldn't be surprised if she subtly throws some questions out at Dexter during the holiday.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hug from Harrison was so heartwarming. He could never bring himself to just ask for validation and help from his father but that's what he was there for.

So now he's totally getting killed. Dexter doesn't get to be happy.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ok. The Kurt part is over now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great episode. I was surprised the podcast lady got killed. I'm wondering if it ends with Dexter in jail but Harrison carrying on the code. He seemed squeamish with the blood though so maybe not. There's no way Harrison is the one who snitched on Dexter right? He wouldn't have known about that screw, I don't think. I just thought it was interesting how he left after seeing all of the blood, like maybe he had second thoughts about it being the answer.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I knew Molly was dead. Kurt had her in his sights with no Dexter to save her. Also was pretty on the nose with Kurt keeping those bodies.

I think Harrison could kill Dexter. The way Dexter was talking about Kurt could apply to Dexter too. Dexter seemed to have no idea but Harrison was taking in every word and definitely looked like he wasn't as on board with what his dad was doing after he got a first hand taste.

Dexter asking for garbage bags while Harrison was just mortified showed Dex's oblivious thoughts while solely concentrating on disposing Kurt's body.

Kurt had the 2nd screw I thought so definitely thinking Kurt's parting shot was the letter not burning down Dexter's home like Dexter thought it was.

Really hoping there's a 2nd season. So much material they have. Would seem rushed to wrap it all up in one episode now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Welp

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    God dammit

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck.

Just finished.

Definite bummer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Last episode felt rushed. Dexter could have put the coach to sleep as he has done with tons of other people in the past. It feels like he was only killed to for lack of a better word, trigger Harrison. I also didn't find Harrison killing Dexter believable. It all just happened too quickly. Maybe if it had 2 more episodes and built up to what happened I would have found it more believable but it just came off very forced and rushed.

It's still better than Dexter's lumberjack ending, I guess.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really wanted that face to face with Angel and Dexter. I feel like after they teased that the episode went downhill.

Better than the lumberjack ending I suppose? The build up was better I guess.

I really was hoping for a trial and all the things surrounding Dexter in jail and facing trial. There was so much left and many different ways to go.

It did feel rushed for sure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really liked the ending, but they definitely could've stretched it out another episode or two. I really would've liked another season as I really enjoyed this season as much as any since the 4th. I think a final season where Dexter is on the run from the FBI with Harrison would've been fun. They could've stretched out Harrison turning on him to make it a bit more logical as it was odd that he finally bonded with Dexter like the previous episode and he was immediately ready to kill him.

All in all, I'm happy they did another season and gave the show a more satisfying conclusion than the lumberjack bs. It certainly wasn't perfect, but honestly was much better than most tv/movie reboots..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much all that ^

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had no idea this was going to be such a ratings bonanza. I'm just glad they tied it all up nice and neat and gave us an ending fitting of Dexter.

I mean sure I'm bummed but just because it made me sad doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was good. Very good.

And if they ever need some more money then they can do the Harrison show. But if Dexter isn't his ghost mentor then don't bother.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The fucking troll that producer dropped Saturday saying he had huge news for Monday was just about a god damn Blu ray of this season. I do t know which was worse. The ending or his announcement.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://collider.com/dexter-new-bloo...-all-time/amp/

It's official. New Blood has basically become the most viewed show that Showtime has ever had. So I'll bet dollars to donuts that Showtime wishes they had lumberjacked Dexter again at the end of this one.

Meanwhile I'm gonna guess they push HARD to make Dexter: Bloodlines or Dexter Jr: The new Generation or what the fuck ever happen. With the creator saying he would "drop everything" to do it.

But if they can't actually get Dexter into the show, again, they should not do it. It would blow up in their faces amazingly.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please someone explain this stupid shit

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Please someone explain this stupid shit

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and when is it ok not to use spoiler tags? It ended in January. It also might help to explain what's under the spoiler tag if you're really trying to help people out.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I agree and I'm not sure it's been a few months now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and when is it ok not to use spoiler tags? It ended in January. It also might help to explain what's under the spoiler tag if you're really trying to help people out.
    Yeah I wasn't sure about the spoiler tags. I binged the entire series over the last month. I don't know why but that last sequence pissed me off more than anything else on the show.

How I'd rank the Dexter seasons

4, 7, 2, 1, 5, 3, 8, 6. It's hard to rank New Blood because of how different that season was.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Blood, warts and all, was far better than anything from the last couple seasons and mostly salvaged the legacy of the show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    New Blood, warts and all, was far better than anything from the last couple seasons and mostly salvaged the legacy of the show.
    I thought season 7 was one of the best seasons in the series.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed the storyline of Laguerta finding the blood slide and hunting Dexter.