User Tag List

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 71777879808182 LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,100 of 8122

Thread: Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was going to say the same thing as Simon. I watched it but can't remember a thing about it which is probably fair indication that it was wank.

Simon

Fair play to the Spurs and West Brom lads for insisting they should play the last fifteen minutes despite a floodlight failure during a November night match.

Simon

Info on the new game. Looks pretty good, much more that just a data update.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    give us a run down plz.
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    Just watching it now, will update this list...

-Much improved match graphics (will be improved for all graphic card levels), both in terms of the look and the animations. Camera angles improved too.

-Claims the match engine is much better this year, which is difficult to prove in a package like this. Considering they made a complete bollocks of the most recent official patch with full backs being by far the most important players on the team, you'd hope they make headway on this.

-Again unproven, but claims the AI managers are more intelligent and reactive during games.

-Backroom staff are more important now, contacting you on a variety of issues and offering opinions on how to deal with situations such as unhappy players etc.

-Dynamic competition odds - not a big deal but something I like for the added realism, your odds of winning titles/getting relegated will change throughout the season rather than sticking with the season preview.

-Pre-season odds are now available for top goalscorer and best player awards.

-Transfer dealings have more variety now, with more importance placed on talking to prospective signings. The example showed you being able to tell a new player you will offer them a big pay rise, play them in their preferred position regularly and improve the coaching setup. Basically more emphasis on selling the 'project' as opposed to simply bunging them heaps of money.

-Players have more power in transfer negotiations - example given is a player refusing to agree a new contract or be sold because he wants to wait to see if a bigger side firm up their interest. Agents also play clubs off each other in order to get the best contract possible.

-Another one that remains to be seen - AI managers are smarter in recognising where their teams need to be improved in transfer market.

-Can add a clause in transfers allowing you to put the transfer on hold until you've signed a replacement (not sure how this is different to the old delay system, other than putting a specific reason for it)

-Social media added to the game. Difficult to tell if this is just a gimmick or has any real impact on how you do (presumably it will give you a more detailed idea of fan confidence in you, which will impact on board confidence?)

-Elite sides have greater emphasis on 'marquee' signings as IRL.

-You can now upload a photo of yourself and it will be added to your in-game avatar, which you can then add facial hair, haircuts etc to...not an important addition but the example they used of Miles Jacobson actually looks quite good.

-Addition of staff type 'Data Analyst' who give you detailed feedback on relevant stats post-match and opposition stats and trends pre-match.

-Addition of staff type 'Sports Scientist' who work with your coaches to reduce likelihood of injuries recurring. This doesn't seem like much more than a simple "hire this role if you can afford it and enjoy the benefits", doesn't seem like there is much interaction.

-Scouts can now send you highlight reels of players you've had scouted, along with advice on how they played.

-You can now view heat maps for players and teams post-match - potentially good for working out which players are not listening to your positional instructions (or alternatively allow you to adapt your positional instructions if you've got them wrong).

-Press conferences still look like a ball ache, most of the questions seem the same as last year. However the connection they have to the social media aspect might make it more interesting.

-Player personalities have more impact on performance than in previous years.

-Managers now work more closely with the board, who will regularly contact you to discuss a wider range of issues (although the screen they showed didn't seem to have anything new on it).

-Sugar daddy owners have been revamped - if you get promoted, you will often find the owner suddenly ploughing a shitload more money in as he speculates to accumulate.

-Something Grimario might be interested in (forget if he plays the game or not?), they have updated the game to include Australia's new youth system.

-New challenges added
    Last edited by Simon; October 14th, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    -Transfer dealings have more variety now, with more importance placed on talking to prospective signings. The example showed you being able to tell a new player you will offer them a big pay rise, play them in their preferred position regularly and improve the coaching setup. Basically more emphasis on selling the 'project' as opposed to simply bunging them heaps of money.
    -Players have more power in transfer negotiations - example given is a player refusing to agree a new contract or be sold because he wants to wait to see if a bigger side firm up their interest. Agents also play clubs off each other in order to get the best contract possible.
    I just don't trust them to implement stuff like this correctly and think it'll just lead to frustration when players refuse to sign for no good reason.

In the one off-season I managed in FM16 I was trying to sign Glen Kamara, who had shone for me on loan in the first season and had now been released by Arsenal. I could only offer £2k a week and he wanted £15k. Fine, no problems with that. The summer goes by and he still unsigned so I keep seeing if I can get closer to agreeing something with him. It gets to the end of August and I offer him £6k a week when he wants £8k so he turns me down and signs for Oldham on £1,500.

It is like they understand the scenario from the player club POV but use a whole different level of logic for signings and re-signings to AI Clubs.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I just don't trust them to implement stuff like this correctly and think it'll just lead to frustration when players refuse to sign for no good reason.

In the one off-season I managed in FM16 I was trying to sign Glen Kamara, who had shone for me on loan in the first season and had now been released by Arsenal. I could only offer £2k a week and he wanted £15k. Fine, no problems with that. The summer goes by and he still unsigned so I keep seeing if I can get closer to agreeing something with him. It gets to the end of August and I offer him £6k a week when he wants £8k so he turns me down and signs for Oldham on £1,500.

It is like they understand the scenario from the player club POV but use a whole different level of logic for signings and re-signings to AI Clubs.
    I think those new additions are hoping to fix this scenario or at least explain the situation. If someone rejects you for less money, you could assume the other team made promises that you couldn't. You see the bit in the video where you can basically talk to the player and make certain promises to convince the player to join, with the trade off being that you get a unhappy player if you break the promise.

Where are in the past, I guess the game has to implement a random element to the game so that transfers aren't always a case of giving them the most money and the player's definitely yours.

Simon

Yeah these are issues they need to ensure they go through thoroughly - there's no point in adding a feature if it doesn't work properly.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I think those new additions are hoping to fix this scenario or at least explain the situation. If someone rejects you for less money, you could assume the other team made promises that you couldn't. You see the bit in the video where you can basically talk to the player and make certain promises to convince the player to join, with the trade off being that you get a unhappy player if you break the promise.

Where are in the past, I guess the game has to implement a random element to the game so that transfers aren't always a case of giving them the most money and the player's definitely yours.
    And again, I go back to saying that I don't trust them to get it to work right. They've had interactions for years with your own players and the options are usually crap and can only lead to negative outcomes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And all I'm saying is that a feature like this goes towards giving you an explanation for why a player might reject you, even though you offered more money.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because Beefy is a footballing dinosaur tbf

I ended up leaving dortmund in my game to go to PSG as they had just bought my best striker and I like him.

They had just won the champions league so I've completely landed on my feet here. Started the season with some stupid transfer budget. I think it was 360m or something which was useful because Chelsea kept quoting me 300m for one of their fucking strikers....

Went out and replaced the central defence and that was about it. New winger and absolutely romped the league. Didn't get beaten in the league and won 6/7 trophies available (super cup, world club cup, french charity shield equivalent) and it felt incredibly hollow.

Hadn't won the CL for a few years due to the fact I normally start as Derby. I won it with Derby in FM15 or 14 after a long long career and it felt amazing. This so far didnt but yeah 2nd season with them 10 games in still unbeaten in the league

Simon
    And again, I go back to saying that I don't trust them to get it to work right. They've had interactions for years with your own players and the options are usually crap and can only lead to negative outcomes.
    It's true that the player interactions are too shallow to be interesting. I don't agree that they can only lead to negative outcomes though - if anything they expose the limitations of the game in that it is too easy to work out the mechanics and manipulate them in your favour. Cheap morale boosts like asking players if they can recommend new signings or commending them on their general behaviour which improve your chances of winning games seem stupid to me - they have an immediate positive impact on morale, with no apparent long-term effects in terms of players thinking you're a soft touch or whatever. If there was more depth in that respect then it might be worthwhile, but as of right now it's literally just grinding - tedious, repetitive tasks that are no fun but make the game easier.

Simon
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...s-going-to-ma/

Interesting article about Brexit impacting on FM.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I've zero confidence in them being able to do this in a way that isn't massively, game-breakingly, irritating.

The first year or so after the Bosman case, before the new transfer laws were fully implemented, they guessed at the consequences and got it massively wrong in a way that broke the realism of the game.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Again, I've zero confidence in them being able to do this in a way that isn't massively, game-breakingly, irritating.

The first year or so after the Bosman case, before the new transfer laws were fully implemented, they guessed at the consequences and got it massively wrong in a way that broke the realism of the game.
    its a game.
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    Beefy is such a negative nelly

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    its a game.
    It is a simulator, and one which people sink literally thousands of hours into each year (not me, mind). They strive to be realistic and fail massively again and again.

You're right, it is a game. They should concentrate on making it enjoyable.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The main thing I want them to fix is being able to end a bad run of form by saving and opening the game again. It makes all that time seem so futile, like your actions really mean very little.

Simon
    It is a simulator, and one which people sink literally thousands of hours into each year (not me, mind). They strive to be realistic and fail massively again and again.

You're right, it is a game. They should concentrate on making it enjoyable.
    Beefy it's all well and good you saying this, but the reality is that it remains a phenomenally popular and critically acclaimed game. There are issues for sure, but your negative opinion of it isn't shared by the vast majority of players.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think that that is true, to be honest. I'd guess that they've lost a lot more players than they have kept.

I'm hardly being massively negative. I'm just suggesting the concentrate on the core gameplay rather than wanky new gimmicks which they've a track-record which suggests that they will implement poorly.

Simon
    Fair enough if you're specifically talking about the shallow additional features I agree, it seems from your posts like you think the game is complete shit though. "They strive to be realistic and fail again and again"...I don't think that's true at all, for all its faults it's a very impressive and accurate version of real life (notwithstanding cock ups like I mentioned earlier about the most recent match engine patch which completely fucked the game).

Simon
    This article is great, think Beefy will enjoy it too

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...esportstwitter

It seems that, no matter how hard we try, it is impossible to avoid the looming shadow of Brexit at the moment. It fills our airwaves, it pours forth from our televisions, it accosts us in our sleep and seeps into the very fabric of our dreams. Having adopted the language of a doctor talking about stool samples, our political class are embroiled in a fierce debate as to whether or not we want a 'hard' or a 'soft' Brexit. The language of faecal matter is apt, of course, because it's currently looking like the country is about to go to total shit.

Should you need further evidence of our hurtling towards the precipice of insanity – beyond what you can see with your own eyes, that is – there are several decisive articles of proof. The first, and one of the most compelling, is that a Conservative councillor named Christian Holliday – Satire, why dost thou mock us? – recently launched an online petition calling for people who support UK membership of the European Union to be classified as criminals and traitors to the realm. "So ended British democracy," the historians will say, solemnly, "when a middle-aged Conservative from Guildford decided that everyone who disagreed with him was an ideological heretic." Should despotic online petitions not stir you, further proof of our impending doom comes in the form of the great Marmite war, the proliferation of Nigel Farage memes, and the fact that Brexit is now going to be a crucial component of everyone's favourite football simulator.

Of all the horrible ideas to have come out of Brexit, the decision to include our departure from the EU in the new Football Manager is one of the worst. Video games are a form of escapism, and are not meant to be a reminder of the relentless political misery of the modern world. Football Manager is meant to be about correcting the mundanities of footballing reality, about creating a brilliant alternate universe, about living in a world where Forest Green Rovers can achieve a quadruple promotion and go on to win the Champions League. It is not meant to be a painful reminder of the devaluation of the pound, or the ugliness of demagogue politics, or the fact that we're planning to build an economy on tea, jam and biscuits like a nation of lunatic gingerbread men.

Whatever aspect of Football Manager you most enjoy, the fundamental point is that it's meant to be fun. Whether it's all about the promotions and achievements or you simply adore doing managerial paperwork, the game is a form of vicarious pleasure. Nobody would describe Brexit as 'fun', not even Andrea Leadsom after a few sherries. Brexit is bleak, Brexit is fucking horrible, Brexit is a million arguments between friends and family members, a sullen and resentful after-dinner silence which has descended on the whole country. Brexit is the saddest of banalities, and sad banalities are exactly what fans of Football Manager want to escape.

If we're going to include grim political realities in our football games, we may as well go all out at this point. Sim 15 seasons of Football Manager, and the Great Depression of the 2030s should arrive, heralding a huge exodus of footballers from England, with the remaining players contracting consumption. You've taken AFC Wimbledon to within three points of the Premier League title, but your star striker has been struck down with cholera and you end up losing to Blackburn Rovers. On the way home, rioters storm the team coach, then rob you of transfer funds to pay for a basic ration of bread.

Sim 30 seasons of Football Manager, and the age of the authoritarian dictator has arrived. You sign a promising young winger, only to find out that he has been sent to a re-education camp for joining a trade union. Attendances dwindle as people are gradually 'disappeared', leading to serious financial limitations on the club. In the end, you become an informant for the secret police, ratting out the majority of the squad, who are never heard of again.

The natural conclusion of political realities in Football Manager is that, at some indeterminate point in the simulated future, you are no longer a football club so much as a group of ball-playing cannibals trying to survive the nuclear winter. You kick a ragged football across the empty landscape, occasionally clashing with other football clubs who you either have to defeat on a makeshift football pitch, or attack with daggers made from human shin bones. Football Manager simulates all this, and occasionally intervenes to tell you that you have wandered into a carcinogenic ash cloud, or that one of your players has succumbed to radiation poisoning. Far from the happy escapism of its early years, the game is now about the unrelenting bleakness of our existence, making you confront the harshest of realities and the most monstrous of human fears.

This is why, on a fundamental level, including Brexit in Football Manager is a horrible idea. Then again, if we're honest, it's probably what we, the people, deserve. We have to live with our political decisions and, along with economic uncertainty, internal division and the appointment of Boris Johnson to the position of Foreign Secretary, a simulated football Brexit is just another unpleasant side effect. If it means that, in the future, Football Manager sims an Orwellian nightmare state where people can be executed for thought crimes, then so be it. In fairness, Christian Holliday would probably think it was a bloody marvellous idea.
    Also the beta is out now - haven't got it yet, and not sure if it's free or only available to people who pre-order. But it's there.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a game.

Simon
    Beefy won't enjoy that article.

Simon
    The new 3D facial modelling software is a tosser.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iain Macintosh who is sometimes on the Guardian Weekly podcast has started doing a blog about his FM manager game.

It's brilliantly funny and well worth a read, as is the rest of this website.

http://thesetpieces.com/gaming/fm17-project-episode-1/

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what feels like the 43rd year in a row I've bought this horrible, bloated piece of shit game. Any tips for this version?

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Yeah, uninstall it and get your life back.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hlebs I need you to come shopping with me to stop me wasting my money.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only put maybe six hours in but....I think I like it. I like the presentation, I like the new camera angles, it feels like some of the annoying extra features from recent years have been pushed into the background and you've a fairly solid core game.

All my players are injured, which is very Football Manager.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought of going on First Dates, Beefy?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the reference.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved to FM Touch rather than the main game and I'm enjoying it more. Now in year 7 of my Wednesday game.

Brexit happened and now I can't get work permits for any youth player that isn't English/Welsh/Scottish as they don't play enough international caps and I'm not paying millions for players. Am trying to buy all the half-decent to good youngsters in the country in the hope that some work out. Currently 4th in the Prem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the reference.
    It's a programme on a Channel 4 where people, normally those who's previous partner has died or left them in a very one sided issue where they were a proper cunt, go on a first date.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hi good people of Rajah, I am looking to get a new laptop that will run the latest FM games at a good speed but at a reasonable price. Frankly browsing online and trying to match up recommended specs to a decent price is hurting my pea brain , so yeh, cheers in advance.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a meeting with sports interactive tomorrow. Might ask them for an advance copy of next seasons game.

Simon
    How come you're meeting them? Trying to convince them that Joel Asano deserves a high enough rating to tear up the Championship in next year's edition once Defoe is gone?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a Digital Media department that contains a Games Design course, so we are looking to get them on board as one of our industry partners.

And the other thing, yeah.

Simon
    Who are you meeting? Miles Jacobson always seems like a good bloke.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did the meeting go Mik?

I've got the Championship Play-Offs this evening in my Southend game. I'm only in my third season and its my first year at this level so way too soon to be challenging to go up again. If I were to go up I don't see where I'd get three wins from. But you've got to go for it I guess.

On the whole this is the best FM game I've played in almost a decade. It is far from perfect but they got the balance almost spot-on between depth and fun.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I lost in the Play-Offs again the season afterwards (2019/2020), ran through pre-season last night which ended with a 4-1 win over Liverpool at Roots Hall and then a 1-0 defeat at the San Siro against AC Milan in a cup that they invite me to (Southend = ratings).

Popped back home for lunch today and thought I'd log on and play my first game of the season at recently relegated Huddersfield Town. Their manager was slagging me off before the game describing us as "relegation certainties". We only stuffed them eight bloody nil.

I'm absolutely buzzing now but I'm back at stupid work

Simon
    The other day I had the opposite of that Beefy.

To set the scene, it was the last game of the season in 2017-18 and a straight shoot-out for the title between me and Chelsea. Level on 80 points each, and my goal difference is 3 better. Chelsea have scored more and so will pip me to the championship if we finish level on goal difference, but assuming I win that would mean they need to win by 4 or more on the last game of the season. They're at home to West Brom, I'm away to Leicester...there's no doubt I've got the tougher match, but it seems simple enough - win the game, and the title is surely mine.

The day starts well - Dele Alli nets midway through the first half to put me 1-0 up and, with everything quiet at Stamford Bridge, by half time everything is going in my favour. My boys relax a little, begin playing some nice stuff and, on 67 minutes, Alderweireld heads home from a corner to double our lead. Maybe the cushion sees us slack off a little, I'm not sure - but on 72 minutes Slimani pulls one back. I'm 2-1 up, but with Chelsea still goalless and needing four goals in 18 minutes, I'm still in the box seat - the key is to see out the win. I get some fresh legs on in centre midfielder and bring Zaha on to stretch their defence and ensure we don't get pushed back too much. Then it comes through on the videprinter: 75 minutes, Chelsea 1-0 West Brom.

OK, so now the emphasis really is on holding out for the win - one goal conceded and the title is Chelsea's. The minutes tick by; 80, 81, 82...and there's the videprinter again: 83 minutes, Chelsea 2-0 West Brom. Before I have a chance to think, it flickers up again: 84 minutes, Chelsea 3-0 West Brom. Now what?

It's the ultimate stick or twist situation. As of right now, with six minutes (plus injury time) of the season left, the league will be mine. But one Chelsea goal and they'll steal it away. The title is both in my hands and out my hands at the same time - do I stick with the plan, dig in to see out the victory and cross my fingers that Chelsea don't grab a championship-winning fourth, or press on and try for a third goal that will surely leave Chelsea with too much to do? I choose to stick to my guns with a counter-attacking setup that keeps me solid defensively but offers a threat going forward.

85...86...87...88...89...90. No updates from Chelsea, and only two minutes of injury time to see out - as long as everything stays the same in both games for these 120 seconds, I've done it. The choice is made - the odds are now in my favour and time is running out for Chelsea to score again, so the smart thing to do is see out the win. 91 minutes and 45 seconds on the clock, and Slimani hits a low drive from distance which Lloris palms away from a corner. Still nothing from Chelsea, so if we see out this corner, the title is ours. It's whipped in and emphatically headed away. The clock ticks over to 92 - I've fucking done it! As soon as the ref blows the whistle, we're all on the pitch lads!

And then.

https://twitter.com/sobisamazing/sta...50979794489344

Yep. Eleven seconds AFTER the last minute of the last game of the season, Alderweireld smashes a clearance right into Vertonghen's big fucking face, rebounding it perfectly to Slimani who rifles into the very top corner of Lloris' net from the edge of the box. As soon as we kick off again, the ref blows the final whistle.

Talk about fucking Spursy.
    Last edited by Simon; June 7th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I am about to smash my computer. Finally after 3 seasons beating Celtic with the mighty GERS and it crashes at the end of the match.

Is it fair to just quit and play till i get the same result or do i just replay once? I honestly dont know what to do, torn so fucking torn.
    TAPS AFF!

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had it literally reached the end of the game? If so I think you're fair game to keep replaying.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm with Beef on this.

Simon
    Absolutely not, unless you have previously replayed crashed games in which you've lost to ensure you get the same result (or at least can honestly tell yourself that you would do so if that situation came up). Also a good tip: change your settings to run a 3-game overlapping save to prevent corrupted games in the future, and also set it so that it saves automatically after every match - the game doesn't take long to save games nowadays and, if you're like me who would forget to save for hours on end, it's a godsend.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    It's just the one game I auto save after every match.

Andy Halliday I'll blame him.
    TAPS AFF!

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After two failed Play-Off attempts I've got to think this is the year for promotion to the Premier League. My squad is a mess with eight first injuries just coming into Christmas (got 30 players out on loan so I'll be recall a bunch asap) but after 23 games I'm nine points clear of third and six clear of Wolves in second. For the first time in this year's game I've avoided my standard CM/FM summer pitfall of just signing shit loads of shiny objects and have actually got a really nice and balanced squad.

Having to adjust to a post-Brexit World will prove tricky long-term. I'm generally propped up my cheap foreign labour

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do all the regens have massive foreheads?

Simon
    Miles Jacobson has looked at the analysis and worked out that the incoming race war will lead to loads of nuclear attacks using chemicals which make your hair fall out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    What have the last couple of FMs been like? Any dramatic changes from the previous versions? I'm still on FM 15 (in the year 2061..) on a career game I've been playing for years now but thinking about retiring and upgrading to FM 18 in a few weeks time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Also, people's thoughts on network games? Anyone potentially be up for one? Never tried it myself but could be a laugh.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're generally good but I find them too much now I'm old and a Dad so I play the Touch/Simple versions.

Network games are alright, the pass the save was fun. Be good to try that again when it's a bit more fresh and not 4 months before the new one is out.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    Also, people's thoughts on network games? Anyone potentially be up for one? Never tried it myself but could be a laugh.
    Last time me and my mates tried was about four or five years ago and it was just not playable at all, there were only four of us involved as well. It's a shame because a working, well-planned game would be fucking fantastic. More than happy to try again this year.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football Manager to feature gay players

http://bbc.in/2yVnkbC

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoke View Post
    Football Manager to feature gay players

http://bbc.in/2yVnkbC

*shrug*

Cool. Not sure why it's a big deal for doing something "normal". We should be reflecting real life in our video games.

ALSO...

Those who know their Football Manager call these fictional players 'newgens'. Without them, the simulation could not progress - as it does - into the next century and beyond.

'Newgens'.

'Newgens'

Tut.

Simon
    This is one of those things that seems like a complete irrelevance to most people, but is a continuation of the positive reinforcement that being gay is fine, that might just make a few gay fans feel slightly more included. The fact that the only real reaction to it is from the minority of people who are dead against it says a lot.

In any case, however tacked on you might think it is, surely we can all agree it was worth it if only for the guy on Twitter who asked Miles Jacobson if it would only apply to regens. No mate, they're just going to randomly out Emmerson Boyce aren't they.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *newgens

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Just been reading about fantasy draft mode, looks great fun.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Brexit still in the new game? It killed off my interest in my main game in the last version.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded this onto my Ipad. £8.99 now, more than before I think but still brilliant value compared to when I was paying £34.99 in 1995.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    http://fmwec.com/

Register your interest for free today - we will select 64 players to battle it out on Football Manager 2018 in the LAN hall at the UK’s biggest gaming festival, Insomnia62 - on March 31st, at the NEC. Selected entrants must bring their own computers, to participate - and will receive a free BYOC (bring your own computer) ticket for Insomnia 62.

There is a £25,000 cash prize plus this once in a life time opportunity.
    £25,000 for a one-off FM tournament. Mental scenes

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    After 52 seasons and three years playing my epic FM2015 game I've decided to get with the times and upgrade to FM2018.

Still downloading all the faces, badges etc. from sortitoutsi so not started a proper game yet, but at first glance there are things I don't like such as NAMES IN CAPITAL LETTERS (which looks shit but can thankfully be changed by altering the code) and the team layout on the tactics screen. But I'm sure there have been some improvements especially in-game and I look forward to finding out.

Still up for trying a network game at some point, to see if it actually works more than anything.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Is Brexit still in the new game? It killed off my interest in my main game in the last version.
    It is but it can be removed.

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/vi...pening-in-fm18

Fuck you Brexit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Eight games in to a season with Barrow and I think the game is.. quite shit.

I seem to be bombarded with information none of which I care about. Social groups and sport science were hardly essential components that the past games were lacking.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't see anything wrong with social groups. It has been in the game forever with influential players or having to go into personal information to see who everyone is mates with. It's just a lot more prominent this year.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how whenever anyone starts to become unhappy about contracts/wanting to move I just tell John Egan to have a chat and they shut right up

Simon
    I think I might have taken my preparation for the new season update of FM too far.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me Simon that's immense.

Much better than my version on a pad that I do with a pen. Love it.

Simon
    I've recently upgraded from a notepad document. It took me about fifteen minutes to work out how to fill boxes with more than one color, which is more than I've learned about Excel in the eight years I've been in my job.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    how to fill boxes with more than one color
    I'd watch that youtube tutorial tbh

Simon

The big treble.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'd watch that youtube tutorial tbh

Right click, Format Cells

Fill Effects.

You're welcome.

Simon
    New features for FM19 announced:

The UI is purple now.

That's it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    The last one was shite, I'm back playing FM15.

Simon
    I still think the game is great and the lack of changes hopefully means they have concentrated on the match engine. That's the only bit that's lacking IMO, but obviously it's the most important bit. No point having incredibly detailed training and transfer sections if the match engine is incapable of translating your off-field preparations into a system that stops you conceding back post goals from deep crosses every single game.

Simon
    Just in case you thought I was joking about the lack of meaningful improvements, SI just sent out an email plugging the new game. Here's the title of the email:

Football Manager 2019 has a new skin... AND IT'S PURPLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    It's underwhelming but i think i will probably buy this one keeping in pattern with buying it every couple of years.

Simon
    I buy it every year, even with only minor tweaks it's always slightly better (well at least once they patch it) and £30 is still good value for the hours I get out of it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For real though is there a better part of this game than the summer after you win promotion to the premier league?

That's the single best transfer market you ever get IMO. Chance to upgrade 5/6 or more positions in 1 window. It's a mad ting.

Bought this for the switch. Started as Derby (obv right) got sacked after 3 months when 8th in the table and 4 pts off automatic... RAGING. Was pulling some wild tactics and formations to see if I could get something working but we just wouldn't score goals. seeing 65% possession and 25+ shots without scoring most games. Was going to turn but Mel the fucking CUNT sacked me.

Got the Norwich job. They were in relegation spots in November but like I dunno 7 or 8 points off play-offs. Squad is full of young talent like Godfrey, Max Aarons, Jamal Lewis and more.

Jan signings of Jordan Jones, A Nuhui and Scott Hogan (funded mainly be selling Grant Hanley) and Teemu Pukki banging some goals in meant we sneaked into play-offs in April and stayed there. Knocked Villa out of the play off semi by smashing them 3-1 at villa park after a 1-1 draw at home in first leg. Adam Idah becoming a hero by scoring 2 off the bench.

Idah then became a Norwich legend by scoring the winner in the play-off final as we fucking BATTERED Sheffield United 1-0. I know it doesn't sound like a battering but we had like 65% possession, 30 shots and they had 2.

I've now completely shit the bed and spunked the entire 40m budget before the 1st July tcoming in is

Some foreign lad the scouts loved (will check name when home he's like 19 and a striker)
    James Wilson (Free)
    Glenn Kamara (Free)
    Ollie Watkins (11m)
    Josh Murphy (5.5m)
    Jacob Murphy (800k) THEY ARE BOTH HOME LADS
    Nick Pope (8m)
    Matt Massey (850k)
    Harrison Reed (4m) I panicked ok
    Sam McQueen (2m) back-up for Jamal Lewis

Out has gone (although getting like 20% of the fucking cash)
    Pukki (3m)
    Krul (5m)
    Stieperman (3m)
    Few others too. Hoping to get Hogan out as well as he was complete dogshite and Idah has 100% surpassed him as our #1 striker of choice

I'm now shitting it as I have bought sexy attacking players and will get banged in the premier league. What the hell do I do. Loan market is probably calling me but I have no idea on formation. Maybe 4-2-3-1 with Watkins and the Murphy boys in behind Idah. Mix of Kamara, Godfrey, Thompson and Reed in midfield. Feel like I need a boss midfielder but Joe Rails was going to cost 12m and I couldn't do that because...fuck.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How do you like it on the Switch? I think 19 is better than 18. 18 felt too random and like what you were doing made no difference.

I've started a League one game for the long run. The other thing that wasn't great about 18 was the low number of regens entering the game but maybe that's a Touch problem?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How do you like it on the Switch? I think 19 is better than 18. 18 felt too random and like what you were doing made no difference.

I've started a League one game for the long run. The other thing that wasn't great about 18 was the low number of regens entering the game but maybe that's a Touch problem?
    It's decent tbh. It's pretty much the touch version but that's what I prefer. Controls a little clunky and the game is a lot smaller than would have on the computer but it's playable and portable and it's nice.Saving takes a fucking age though so am worried it will slow down big time in a few seasons

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won back to back promotions with BARNSLEY but my route one 442 brutal hoofball up to Kieffer Moore has gone horribly wrong in the Prem so far and my defense is a disaster

Simon
    I got this on release day and haven't played a minute yet, have they ironed out whatever bugs there were? And is the match engine any better than last year? I dunno if I can be fucked investing time in a new game if my hopes are going to hinge squarely on getting my full backs to cross to the back post like last year.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it at Xmas. Managed to play it on train to work. Like it so far.

The training has improved as has the negotiation function

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took Norwich to 22pts from 17 games and then decided to take an offer from bottom of the table Leicester to try and keep them up. Assumed it would be easy but it was not. Just about managed to scrape 16th (Norwich hired Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer and finished 14th. Leicester squad is a complete mess at this stage. No midfield to speak of but the chance to manage Jonny Evans does not get passed up.

Summer window isnt going amazingly so reckon I have till Christmas. This is the weirdest FM game I've ever played as I think I'll move on again soon where as I normally stay with Derby for the whole thing. Derby after sacking me 18 months ago when well placed just got relegated to league 1. I would take the job again. I want the job again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Recently found my CM3 disk during a house sort and then realised that we now have a laptop again, with a CD drive. So I started playing it, but CM 01/02 was the daddy of these games, wasn't it? I think I might get my hands on that version.

Anyone play any of the older ones anymore? I started on Tuesday night and before I knew it, it was 1.30am.

Simon
    You can get a fully-updated, free version of CM01-02 here Murphy:

https://www.champman0102.co.uk/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You are the man, Simon.

Simon
    You're not wrong.

The Rosk
    You can get a fully-updated, free version of CM01-02 here Murphy:

https://www.champman0102.co.uk/
    Immediately got "Quarantined a threat" notice on downloading the iso virtual drive thing.

Simon
    Weird, I've never had any problems with it.

The Rosk
    I can see your dick from here.

Simon
    Why does everyone keep saying that to me.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have reinstalled CM01/02 recently as I loved the feeling of being able to blast through a season in about two hours. I downloaded the data update (@Murphy are you aware that there is a fan community who provide up to date data files?) for this season and put myself in the hotseat at Wolves. I finished 8th, 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd and finally won the league at the sixth time of asking which was very frustrating but made it all the sweeter. Liverpool were just crazy invincible (which, you know, isn't exactly unrealistic) so they would knock me out of every competition at one stage or another. With a few years having passed some of their replacement signings have been a bit shit so they've lost that air of invincibility.

A few other highlights:

Neymar is a twat like in real life and has moved at least every two years without fail, including stints at Porto, Spurs and Lazio.
    Man Utd have signed Divock Origi, with a stint at some French team the buffer between them and Liverpool.

From a Wolves standpoint, a few points:

1. Rui Patricio stayed brilliant until leaving at the ripe age of 37 when I replaced him with Aaron Ramsdale, who is also England number one.
    2. Moutinho left on a free after Porto swooped in and he accepted their contract offer over mine
    3. Neves is for some reason a mardy prick. After a slow start in my first season he went public moaning about me after literally two months. He picked up a bunch of red cards including a 90 day ban for shoving a referee, and another 5 game ban for headbutting an opponent. I started fining him after every red card until he claimed he was being discriminated against and sued for release from his contract, a game mechanic I had never seen. Porto came in to buy him but just as he accepted terms and I was about to cash in, the governing body upheld his complaint and I was forced to release him on a free. Fucking wanker.
    4. Jimenez still banging them in at the age of 34.
    5. Cutrone was also a goal machine rather than a workshy complainer, I sold him to Man Utd for a big wedge.

For some reason I feel like my players pick up tons more red cards and are also violent psychopaths, definitely a noticeable increase in red cards for violent conduct.

My first XI:

Aaron Ramsdale

Ki-Jana Hoever/Matt Doherty Issa Diop/Willy Boly Axel Tuanzebe Jonny Otto/Kevin Mbabu

Lucas Torreira

Renato Sanches Leander Dendoncker Tom Davies

Tyreece John-Jules

Raul Jimenez/Youssoufa Moukoko
    Last edited by Gangers; January 15th, 2020 at 7:38 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trundling on the switch. Started new game as Derby.
    Promoted first season with Marriott and Mount destroying the entire league. Wonderful feeling.

Went up an bought largely a new team including Jack Grealish and some others. About 2/3 of the way through the season wiht 30ish points on the board got offered the leicester job. Bottom of the table and in bother. Couldn't bear to see Jonny Evans get relegated again so I took it. Turns out Jonny isn't very good in the game but we made it out. Made some very late deadline signings including Bergwijn to play on the right. Chilwell already sold but still Maddison/Vardy and Maguire all there.

Stayed up by skin of teeth (derby safe too of course but selling nearly all my players the ungrateful shites) but the mad thing is I cannot get a tune out of Maddison. No matter what I do he's not scoring and he's not assisting. Tosser.

Sacked a lot of the big earners out in the summer. Ndidi, Schmeichel, Evans (broke my heart), ALbrighton and quite a few others. Will get an updated team but I hate the bastards. I hate all of them and yet I can't work out how to resign on FM Touch 19. I literally can't quit the fucking thing.

Bought a couple of kick ass players and 1 (Maxi Gomez) broke his leg pre-season and will miss the entire thing. Maddison is a useless fucker. Vardy is really getting on now. So I've got Munir leading the line. My coaches say he will be shit hot but right now is a good championship player so it's not working out amazingly. Signed Milik on loan to cover Gomez and he seems like a tosser too.

I hate them all and I betrayed Jonny Evans

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may download CM01/02 now because I have some weird work shit going on and legally shouldn't be creating any sellable product until monday when I get a new computer.