User Tag List

Page 1 of 82 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

As I said in the other thread, that was getting too big and taking ages to open, and considering FM07 is out shortly, it makes sense to start this thread now.

Enjoy.

*user status change*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mininova.org/get/438300 Torrent for Vanilla demo

to new thread, too. Took ages to post that in other thread.

*user status change*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a bit of a play, a lot smarter then previous versions. The icons at the bottom now for Finances, news etc etc are a good improvement. To continue, its now in the bottom left (small football) rather then bottom right, or space bar.

Pre-game teamtalks are cool. "I expect a win", "No pressure tonight" etc are there. Loading screens are much improved. As results get processed it shows you a mini breakdown with scorers, as well as variously flashing up hints and tips. Makes the seconds feel not so long.

When you get a news item about a player, you get a mini summary of him on the screen - positions, value etc. Nice addition. Player pictures seem to be more prominant too, although they were lacking in the demo. The lack of "needs first team experience" as an option for sending out players on-loan is still a bit annoying. Same options as before.

Oh, you can request to have a feeder club for you too. Not tried it yet as i'm only on a 6 month contract, and dont want to wind up Shepherd

Theres also a youth team grant available - not too sure how it works, but I presume its mainly for lower league clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting hold of this fucker when it hits the shops!

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a moron with a head shaped like a potato.
    Last edited by Sean; September 29th, 2006 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    I am a moron with a head shaped like a potato.
    Unfair Sean, unfair.

Going to download the demo now and do some housework while its going.

What's the official release date? I'm a lazy sod and cannot be arsed looking about for it.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, the best part about the old thread was being able to talk about all the Champo and FM games in one place.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll rename this to Football Manager Discussion then.

Alf
    Seriously, this thread is bollocks. Stick to the old one.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright then, I'll do that now.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well I'll rename this to Football Manager Discussion then.
    Much better.

Alf
    Been playing the demo. So far so good. Not a lot of changes really.

The match engine feels more realistic to me though, just the way the players pause on the ball before passing feels better, players actually visibly accelerating is nice too (especially when you've got lennon in your team).

Training is still pointless, scouts are still pointless.

The morale keeps going all over the place.

Apart from that it's same old same old...

I'm Spurs and the only signing I've made is Boa Morte, who has been incredible.

Alf
    Team talks and players reactions to them are very odd. I suppose you have to wait until the players respect you and your stats increase before you can get it to work. Most of the time they don't listen (cool new feature... ass man gives you feedback on team talks).

I like the fact you can ask players to reccomnd staff and other players.

I still think there should be a way to create your own set peice routines. There's just a lot of detail missing from the tactics thing, sliders are one thing but I'd greater control of how they play... that's a bit waffley, anyone know what I mean?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean, but I probably wouldn't bother my arse doing it if it were added.

Game looks pretty good, couple of nice features added. Looks the part if you ask me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Team talks and players reactions to them are very odd. I suppose you have to wait until the players respect you and your stats increase before you can get it to work. Most of the time they don't listen (cool new feature... ass man gives you feedback on team talks).

I like the fact you can ask players to reccomnd staff and other players.

I still think there should be a way to create your own set peice routines. There's just a lot of detail missing from the tactics thing, sliders are one thing but I'd greater control of how they play... that's a bit waffley, anyone know what I mean?
    That, and the rather concrete formation options. I'd like to see the ability to put the players anywhere on the pitch rather than dragging and dropping them into those holders. If that makes sense.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    That, and the rather concrete formation options. I'd like to see the ability to put the players anywhere on the pitch rather than dragging and dropping them into those holders. If that makes sense.
    Yeah, I'd like to have one striker playing just off the other one, without having to drop him back to AMC.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where creative freedom and individual traits comes into play. The AMC position is "the hole" anyway. The amount of control given to you is generally correct because the role of the manager is to get the right players, assign positions and give instuctions. You can't play the game for them. I haven't had a look at the new FM but the previous game had tactics pretty well covered.

The problem with it for me was the game engine. Once you worked out how to play it the game became easy, the tactical options given were fine but there were certain tactical decisions that "worked" rather than being able to tailor tactics to your players and a system you'd prefer to play.
    Last edited by El Capitano Gatisto; October 1st, 2006 at 7:32 PM.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing the new game this evening with Southend. Went unbeaten through pre-season and just did Sunderland 4-2 at their place in the first league match of the season.

So far so good.

Our 4th goal came from a penalty which Sunderland disputed. Roy Keane just got into trouble with the FA for contesting it and now I'm embroiled in a war of words with him over whether my lad dived for it.
    Last edited by Beefy; October 3rd, 2006 at 5:14 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to have one striker playing just off the other one, without having to drop him back to AMC.
    That's what the mentality bar is for.

Alf
    No, it's not.

Melv is talking more about a postion than a mentality. I know mentality determines how far up (or down) the pitch they play to some degree. But what melv is talking about is having better control of WHERE on the pitch you want them to be.

The old with/without ball thing did this a treat.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, basically.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you can determine pretty much where your players play using the mentality and forward-runs sliders.

If you want to play a striker just off of the targetman you just drop his mentality down to somewhere around the middle and stick his forward runs onto 'rarely'. It doesn't reduce his attacking mentality or stop him from making his forward runs, it just alters his starting position.
    Last edited by Beefy; October 3rd, 2006 at 5:43 PM.

Alf
    Yes, but you can't place the player in the exact position you want him.

That's what bothers me. Great, I can move him to one of 20 positions on the field. That's not enough and that's not real football. Formations just ain't that rigid.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't place a player in an exact position in real life either. What you're suggesting just wouldn't be realistic. A manager wouldn't be able to get a player to play in as specific a position as you're talking about. That's not football.

Theres nothing rigid about the FM formations. The players have starting positions which can be altered by the arrows and their movements from those positions are dependent on their mentalities, whether they're supposed to be looking to close the opposition down, whether they're supposed to be looking to cross the ball, etc.

To be honest, I think they give you far too much control over your formation. Not just because it slows the game down but because it gives you a level of control over your tactics that I just don't believe that real managers have.
    Last edited by Beefy; October 3rd, 2006 at 6:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the demo.

At first glance there didn't seem too many different features. But I guess there doesn't need to be.

The player interaction is good, apart from I asked Ryan Giggs to reccommend me a player and he suggested Robert Earnshaw.

Rooney suggested Tony Fucking Hibbert.

I also like the pre-match team talks.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahahaha Tony Hibbert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's not.

Melv is talking more about a postion than a mentality. I know mentality determines how far up (or down) the pitch they play to some degree. But what melv is talking about is having better control of WHERE on the pitch you want them to be.

The old with/without ball thing did this a treat.
    That system was completely unrealistic. Footballers aren't told where to be on the pitch at grid positions when the ball is at a certain place. The instructions FM gives are realistically what you can tell a footballer to do: get forward, stay back, take shots on, mark someone, go in hard etc.

Your way is unrealistic. The reason mental stats exist is because players decision making has to come into account as well. You can tell them what to do but you need the right players to carry out instructions or the players with the ability to do what they're being asked.

There's also the players preferred moves to take into account.

Alf
    No no no no no!

You don't understand what I mean.

I'm not talking about replicating the actual with/without feature. I'd just like to be able to have more freedom on the primary positioning. I don't want to control their exact position all over the pitch, just... blah I give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really think it's that big a deal if you tweak them a millimetre to the left or right? You ever have a manager tell you to play 46 metres from the goal line and exactly 24 metres in-field. No, people get positions to play.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    That system was completely unrealistic. Footballers aren't told where to be on the pitch at grid positions when the ball is at a certain place. The instructions FM gives are realistically what you can tell a footballer to do: get forward, stay back, take shots on, mark someone, go in hard etc.

Your way is unrealistic. The reason mental stats exist is because players decision making has to come into account as well. You can tell them what to do but you need the right players to carry out instructions or the players with the ability to do what they're being asked.

There's also the players preferred moves to take into account.
    Actually you are wrong on the first part...when defending zonal marking works in grids

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Why, whenever they release one of these games initially, can they never get the amount of injuries you can realistically expect right? I must have about fifteen fucking players injured at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually you are wrong on the first part...when defending zonal marking works in grids
    I'm not wrong in the first part, because I was referring to the with/without ball option that let you place players exactly where you wanted them to be when the ball is in any particular part of the pitch.

Zonal marking just means you stick to your own area and pass players on to someone else to mark if they leave it. It's not the same thing.

Alf
    Does anyone know if you can use your demo save game on the full version? I'm doing bloody well with Spurs and don't want to start again.

I cleared out a lot of the deadwood and signed Ribery, Boa Morte (who is incredible) and McGeady. I've sussed a formation that works at long last and after a lot of tinkering.

I'm playing a 433 with no runs out wide, the very central midfielder (Zokora) is a playmaker with free role ticked. I have the most central attacker (Mido) as a target man with the full backs and the left and right central mids all crossing to him.

It's working very well indeed.

My team looks like this:

Robbo

Chimbonda Dawson King Ekotto

Malbranque Zokora Ribery

Berbatov Mido Boa-Morte

I use McGeady and Lennon as subs for the last 30mins, with Defoe coming off the bench when needed.

Alf
    Anyone?

Alf
    I've never really used direct passing (apart from centre-backs) or target men or playmakers... I've never needed to.

I'm using all three for this game and it's made the world of difference. This is my third play through and I think I've honed my tactic to brilliance.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?
    You've been able to every other year.

Alf
    Really?

I never knew that...

You're rather attractive aenima's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends who I'm playing with whether I use direct passing or not. If I'm with a lower league side or have a crap team that isn't very good I'll use it, if I've got a team with decent technique I'll use short and mixed. I never use it with centre-backs, I always put them on short and let the midfield or full-backs start the attacks. You need someone with good passing for direct or it'll just get intercepted or headed back.

Long ball is never an option, unless your opposition is playing without a keeper for some reason. ahdsubgfyegfw8 fuck off Friday! You remember that, bitch?

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still playing last years and just came back from a 3-0 first leg cl deficeit against bayern and beat them 5-3 on Agg with the Wonder-HLEB scoring the greatest goal of all time. I have finally got him running at defenses in the correct manner. YAY FOR ME

Alf
    How did you do it?

I'm having trouble with Defoe and Lennon and taking on defenders.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    made him a playmaker gave him full creative freedom and told him to run with the ball. He goes on hazy runs and its lovely

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Pre-ordered my copy on FM 07 yesterday. Can't bloody wait.

Not a mental case now I refuse to job. Ever.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to Christ Villa have Randy Lerner as their chairman on this and not Doug Ellis...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Quote Originally Posted by I refuse to job. Ever. View Post
    I hope to Christ Villa have Randy Lerner as their chairman on this and not Doug Ellis...
    Randy is the chairman on the demo, so you should be alright.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less than a week to go

Can you use the old skins in the new game? The standard skin is pants.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Arsenal are fucking delicious in FM2007. Absofuckinglutely delicious.

£20m transfer kitty, spent £11.25 on Igor Akinfeev and £7.5m on Leighton Baines, since Clichy is out with a mid length injury. Playing a 4-3-2-1 with Baptista and Rosicky in behind Henry, Van Persie and Hleb tearing it up the sidelines and Fabregas sitting in behind the attacking front 5 playing the role of anchor man. Delicious!

Just ate Rovers at Ewood Park 5-1.

Delicious!

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hungry now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Go eat a haggis.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sausage & Bacon instead.

Haggis isn't for breakfast.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Just about to the end of the demo time with Arsenal. Have had a horrible run of injuries with Rosicky, Hleb, van Persie, Batista and Silva (on loan from Valencia) all picking up injuries. Had to shift to a 4132 for the time being as I just don't have the midfielders to put on the pitch. It's so dire in this, what I believe to be my last match, that my wingers are Eboue and Clichy with Flamini at DL and Gallas at DR. Ah well, finished 1-1 hosting Villa, should have won it but conceded a late equaliser

18 games into the league season, I have a 12-3-3 record with losses at home to Liverpool and Fulham and away to Wigan. Topped my CL group of Roma/Spartak Moscow/Olympiakos with 5 wins and a draw away to Roma. And knocked out of the League Cup by Man Utd, once again at Ashburton Grove. My home form sucks more than my away form

Henry has 15 league goals, 2 clear of Berbatov. Toure is currently the highest rated player in the league, 7.71 from 17 appearances.

I am going to FM2007 in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Okay, so I wasn't completely finished. The demo ended with a 4-0 win over Portsmouth then a 0-0 draw at home to Bolton. 13-4-3 with F43/A14. If Liverpool and Man Utd win their game in hand, they will be equal 3rd on 42 points. If Tottenham win their 2 games in hand, they will be equal 1st on 43 points with me. If Chelsea win their 2 games in hand, they will be on 39 points, equal with Aston Villa and one point clear of Fulham. At the end of the demo, Sheffield Utd look in trouble with only 8 points from 19 outtings. 4 points separate Watford (14pt), Reading, Blackburn, Bolton and Portsmouth (18pt) from 19th-15th. Henry is still god, 3 clear of Berbatov on the goal charts now

How long till it is out?

Alf
    A week!

I can't wait to resume my game. I've tried playing it through again but I love my old game too much.

Are you finding it harder than before? I'm finding that I have to interact with the squad a lot more to keep them happy.

Also, I hate negotiating with teams for transfers. They take the chronic piss.

Baines is god-like. I've been plotting to get him in Jan.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Tottenham snapped him up in 3 different games I started.... had to offer him £27k a week to get him away from them

I'm not sure manager related stuff is fully integrated into the demo. I have been able to play with various comments, fucking about constantly and see no negative or positive effect. I know my stats have not budged in the demo at all

I tried going back to FM2006 yesterday just to fill in time before 2007 came out but I can't. It's like going back to a single bed after years in a king size or back to a 640x480 resolution after years at 1600x1200... it just isn't good enough.

Or something.

Spurs have signed a lad called Modric every game so far and Berbatov splashes a large load of semen onto the young lad, waxing lyrical about how brilliant he is.

Alf
    He always signs for Villa in my game. And it's Petrov that cums all over his little face!

Manager comments can destroy the team in one fell swoop on mine. If I get the wrong pleased, delighted thing wrong then the player loses confidence in me immediately. I've had to stick to a rule of any rating of 8 and above gets delighted and anything else is pleased. I think if you are winning it doesn't matter what you say. But when you start it's a minefield.

Same with praising players, if you choose the wrong option it's mood city.

I'm sick of teams taking the piss with transfers. To sell a player I have to lower his price dramatically, to buy a player I always have to come up to their valuation which is usually about 5 mil more than they are worth.... and their negotiation is ridiculous.

For example. Ribery is worth about 5 mil. If I bid 14 then they negotiated to 16, I meet them half way at 15 and they negotiate for 18. Madness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Injuries still fuck me off with this. Why can they never get a good balance with the first version of the game? Considering this is like the 47th Champo installment, you'd think they could get it pretty accurate straight off the bat. Anyway, I've played a good few games on this.

Started off with the Arsenal, bought that Modric for about 1.4 mil, WE'VE GOT OURSELF A BRAND NEW CHEAT PLAYER PEOPLE. Yeah, he is pretty immense.

Next up, had a go with Juventus. by the end of the demo, I had them up to about 6th, Trezeguet eats that second division alive. Going to give them a proper go when the full game comes out. Should be interesting, because the average age of the first team must be about 37.

At work I had a go with Chelsea, just because it's like playing with the cheats on, and seeing what I could do with the 75mil budget you get. Torres, Maxi Rodriguez, Ponzio and Chiellini, with about 9 mil in change. Torres is even more ridiculous on this game than he is in previous versions. Scored a hattrick on his debut, and then four in his next game. Then continued this run, by scoring in something like the next 15 games straight.

Now having a fanny about with Barcelona. you only get a budget of 3 million, so nothing really exiting to report about this one yet.

Alf
    Juve would be a good game I reckon. A nice challenge.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopesfall View Post
    Injuries still fuck me off with this. Why can they never get a good balance with the first version of the game? Considering this is like the 47th Champo installment, you'd think they could get it pretty accurate straight off the bat. Anyway, I've played a good few games on this.

Started off with the Arsenal, bought that Modric for about 1.4 mil, WE'VE GOT OURSELF A BRAND NEW CHEAT PLAYER PEOPLE. Yeah, he is pretty immense.

Next up, had a go with Juventus. by the end of the demo, I had them up to about 6th, Trezeguet eats that second division alive. Going to give them a proper go when the full game comes out. Should be interesting, because the average age of the first team must be about 37.

At work I had a go with Chelsea, just because it's like playing with the cheats on, and seeing what I could do with the 75mil budget you get. Torres, Maxi Rodriguez, Ponzio and Chiellini, with about 9 mil in change. Torres is even more ridiculous on this game than he is in previous versions. Scored a hattrick on his debut, and then four in his next game. Then continued this run, by scoring in something like the next 15 games straight.

Now having a fanny about with Barcelona. you only get a budget of 3 million, so nothing really exiting to report about this one yet.
    Haven't played as Cheatski (oh my, how original!) yet... but am giving Barcelona a go right now. The same 4-3-2-1 tactic I was using with Arsenal is perfect for Barca because they have a veritable fuckton of attacking midfielders.

Valdes

Beletti - Puyol - Marquez - Zambrotta

Giuly ----- Xavi ----- Ronaldinho

Deco ----- Messi

Eto'o

Forward arrows for Giuly and Ronaldinho. Short passing, slow tempo. Luverly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Yeah, I went for a pretty similar formation:

Valdes

Beletti - Puyol - Marquez - Zambrotta

Xavi ----- Deco

Gudjohnson---Ronny---Messi

Eto'o

Because the three attacking midfielders are quality at playing all across the pitch, I've got all three of them swapping positions. Goals are flying in from all over the shop.

EDIT: By December, the board sort out their finances, and you end up with about 17 million to play with. Not that it really helps, as the demo ends in January.
    Last edited by Hlebsfall; October 15th, 2006 at 10:34 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should add a press conference element to the game. You can go out and make a world class signing and be really bloody pleased with yourself, only for there to be 2/3 line news item (which hardly tells you a lot).

It's slightly underwhelming IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, you can continue the demo with the full version

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're all going Barca? I can only go English teams on the demo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's because you havn't downloaded the full demo.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Yer, sounds like you only got vanilla, DavidUK. Strawberry has a whole bunch of other quick starts from around Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put an order in. I haven't played the demo or anything but fuck that, this is always an exciting annual event. I can't let it go by even though I'll probably have fuck all time to play it properly.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've barely played 06 since the early part of the year but I'm definately looking forward to the new game even if I've only played a couple of hours of the demo.

Got a 10-man online game lined up already. I'm Birmingham, whom I feel almost dirty for having chosen....

Alf
    I'm getting so excited about this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...=mottagoal.flv

That's my goal highlight from the demo. Motta with a lovely 25 yard curling shot after a lovely passing movement, some overlaping of players and a lovely nod down by Van Bronckhorst. Lovely lovely lovely. I didn't see many goals like that in FM2006, they were all more one cross and in or constant long shots. This is just a lovely constructed team goal

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .flv? How do you record one of those?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I didn't. Just Hypercam'd it with.. err, Hypercam and uploaded it to Photobucket. I assume the .flv was photobucket's doing, not mine. Quite funky though, didn't even know they did it till just now.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    //Please don't link to illegal torrents.

Not that I condone this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Sean; October 22nd, 2006 at 6:43 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 'friend' has got the same version downloading off a private tracker I'm using, absolutely massive speeds on it, should have the game within the next hour or two.

All the cracks built into the archive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may have to get this one.

I'm still playing Champ 03/04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonLondon View Post
    My 'friend' has got the same version downloading off a private tracker I'm using, absolutely massive speeds on it, should have the game within the next hour or two.

Maybe, but I know they have one on gamecopyworld.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Oh wait, this is out today? I didn't think it came out for another week. Fuck it, I may as well go up town then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's supposed to be on Friday, Hopesfall. But a lot of stores have broken street date, like me.

I'd check with your local gaming store first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New computer gets here tomorrow.

Think I'll nip to Tesco and pick this up tonight in preperation.

Half term next week aswell. GET IN.

Incidentally, looking at the Tesco website, it looks as though they're charging £25 for it. I won't really get it much cheaper anywhere else will I?

(Anywhere other than Hopesfall's Torrent post anyway)
    Last edited by Ian Taylor; October 18th, 2006 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it's supposed to be £34.99, but I'm selling it at £24.99 to match Tesco.

Like I say mate, check they're selling it first because it's not supposed to be out 'til Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you work MACE?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're selling it at £24.99??? What, do you work behind the tills at GAME or something?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he's selling them in sealed up boxes on Camden Market

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently SI have brought the release date forward to now because so many stores broke the release date anyway and they didn't want to punish those that didn't.

Unfortunately I'm skint until friday and I'm not desperate enough to pay by cheque.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the manager of big computer store.

Alf
    FUCK, why did no one tell me?

I'm bust till Monday now so won't be able to play it

Alf
    Anyone got a torrent for it?

I'll go and buy it tomorrow lunch time... I just can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the previous page, Alf.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonLondon View Post

...and you won't share it with the group?

COme on lad. I need some footyman.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the previous page, Alf....

Post 71

Alf
    I know, I'm talking about him and his private tracker with high speeds.

Just to make it clear. Even if you download it you should go the the shops and pay the paltry 25 notes, you need to support this game. Think of how many hours of joy you get from it...

Alf
    The razor torrent is infected apparently.

Be careful.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now it's not working at all.

Alf
    How so?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We could not process the selected torrent. Please try again."

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MACE View Post
    I'm the manager of big computer store.
    That is a class name for a computer store mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So good it apparently doesn't need capitalisation either

Chuck Norris doesnt sleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone found any good players yet?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the bloody Razor torrent better not be infected.

Also, the private tracker is http://www.araditracker.com

Get all my Lost and shit off there aswell.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm downloading it now, the comments on it on torrentspy don't have anything so I think it's safe.