User Tag List

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 727879808182
Results 8,101 to 8,122 of 8122

Thread: Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yes, @Gangers, I saw something on e-Bay I think it was about up to date files. Got me a bit giddy, to be honest.

God I loved 01/02. For some reason, I was Man Utd forever and I remember winning the league about 10 seasons in a row. What can I say, I didn't like to be challenged back then.

Must get back on with this at some point. It's just finding the time.

I follow a CM 01/02 Twitter account too and that always makes me want to start up again.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the new one worth getting? My impression is that over the last ten years they've become a bit too involved, resembling a full time job more than a game. Is this unjustified? Is the mobile version more like 01/02?

I can't be arsed dealing with training schedules, that's my main complaint.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Im playing the touch one which is like the lite or mobile and it's more like 01/02.

It's football manager basically if you're getting updates etc cm is probably grand

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangers View Post
    So is the new one worth getting? My impression is that over the last ten years they've become a bit too involved, resembling a full time job more than a game. Is this unjustified? Is the mobile version more like 01/02?

I can't be arsed dealing with training schedules, that's my main complaint.
    I got it and it's awesome but also shit... But that's pretty much every FM though.

Training you can just bin to your ass man so don't let that be a thing that stops you from playing it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've picked up the CM01/02 with current squads game. Been told it should run on my ancient laptop with Vista.

CM3 does, so I don't see why not.

Let's play.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you didn't pay for the update.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I paid pennies for the game itself, with update. All I had was CM3, which isn't the same at all.

I'd like to play Premier Manager II again, but I doubt it's held up too well.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot I had actually won the fa Cup with Leicester as well as avoiding relegation. Genuinely think that's why they kept me on.

They want European challenge, Cup semi and euro quarter final this year so this is part of the reason I hate it.

Decided that playing the brendie fluid counter attacking style was not fun enough so I've basically asked them instead to dominate and run and counter fast and play a high line.

We've just fucking murdered wolves 6-0 away after beating Fulham 4-1.im legit terrified of playing the big sides as we took an 8-0 from Liverpool and a 7-1 from city despite counter attacking

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you pick Leicester so you could manage Johnny Evans?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Did you pick Leicester so you could manage Johnny Evans?
    Yes without doubt. My bombastic forward line mean I now hate them a little less than I did. Playing merino, van brek behind maddison. We get battered by big teams and hand out dick slaps to other teams around us

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14 years as Wolves manager, save file corrupted another career up in smoke.

One of my only non-regen players still in the team was Tyreece John-Jules who had been my main forward for several years. Oh and I had a 35 year old Aaron Ramsdale as backup keeper.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new game is available for free on steam, so I downloaded it. Haven’t played the full game for about 5 years I think, where it was still more or less recognisable to the game I had played at uni. Played the mobile app in 2016 I believe and enjoyed that too. This new game is a fucking mess, SO over the top realistic and involved, so slow to play. I played all evening and barely got to the start of the actual league campaign. Had sucked all of the fun out of the game.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    I bought FM20 the other day, had a 10 minute poke around then went back to playing my epic save on FM15. The number of hours I've put into that game is outrageous and shameful.

Do network games work nowadays or are they slow as shit? A good network game might motivate me to start up FM20.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The new game is available for free on steam, so I downloaded it. Haven’t played the full game for about 5 years I think, where it was still more or less recognisable to the game I had played at uni. Played the mobile app in 2016 I believe and enjoyed that too. This new game is a fucking mess, SO over the top realistic and involved, so slow to play. I played all evening and barely got to the start of the actual league campaign. Had sucked all of the fun out of the game.
    I normally play the touch version now on my switch. It's closer to the old version. Agree they've gone too far towards simulator

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    I normally play the touch version now on my switch. It's closer to the old version. Agree they've gone too far towards simulator
    How does the Touch version differ from the mobile version?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does the Touch version differ from the mobile version?
    Havent played mobile in a few years but Touch is more advanced than mobile but less complicated than full.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dropped a grand on a laptop in a tune of international financial depression just so I can play Football Manager for eight hours before getting pissed off with it and not bothering again.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played this one, but the recent ones I've played I've found the key is to just leave things like micromanaging training to your assistants. You can assign a load of tasks to your staff and just focus on setting up the team and buying players really.

The game is way too slow and bloated but it does a decent job nowadays of letting you only get as involved as you want to be.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fell in love with FM20 Touch there.

Season with Derby.

Signed Bachman for nets. Jon Toral for right wing. Doing ok but not scoring goals. Bring youth players in as I have 3 years to get promoted. Bird, Knight, Buchannan, Bogle all part of first 11. Ebosele, Whittaker etc in squad.
    January comes and we're 6th so I go for it. Eliason from Bristol City, Benes on loan (after a transfer rumour in game so I scouted him ) and Tanganga from Spurs to cover injuries at back. We go mental. Winning games left, right and centre. Rooney up top. Eliason and Lawrence on wings.

3rd and losing 2-1 to leeds with 10 minutes left. Throw Morgan Whittaker on and he ends up setting up and equaliser and with 5 minutes left runs half the pitch and smashes a shot off the post and it hits Casilla and bobbles over the line. We're fucking 2nd with 1 game left.

Playing Birmingham (Managed by Mark Hughes) and we're away. They are all over us. 2-1 down with 20 minutes to go.Fire Whittaker on again. No chances. 3rd minute of 4 injury time the fucking keeper goes up for a corner misses it and WHITTAKER smashes it in. 2-2 but we're still 3rd. Almost crying lads know we're going to fuck the play offs as Bielek, Rooney and others injured. Birmingham attack Bogle heads it clear, Whittaker fucking runs 60 yards and pings it in. We win. Promoted amazing.

Summer business has been a bit mad.

Greenwood - Loan (no idea how the fuck that came off)
    WILL FUCKING HUGHES - spunked 14m on him as Watford got relegated. Didn't need him but WANTED HIM
    Benes - Perm 5.5m
    Tanganga - 9m as Brighton wanted 24m for Matt Clarke.

Signe dsome lad called Veljkovic so wel stocked at centre back.

Loving this shit lads. 5 academy players in 1st team (Whittaker is never getting dropped after what he did) and another 'Golden Generation' according to my assistant coming through.

I think both he and the scout are shit though but they are FAMILY

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving this greenwood has been unstoppable 28 goals in the season and its just March.

No idea how ill replace him but the young guns are doing so well. 8th in league. Turned down arsenal and Bournemouth job going to be a British Isles squad. Couple of Dutch lads including someone called naci unuvar who is now first choice winger.

Debut to another 3 youth players who may become middling Premier league players. Will Hughes back to his majestic best. Unreal.

Big off season target is Tosin Adarabioyo whose contract is expiring and he may be my long term cb pairing. I normally live for the Windows in this game but in actually excited about the evolution of the side rather than starting new every 2 years

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Can we discuss the “Be A Manager” career for FIFA 20 in here? Or is Football Manager a whole separate topic and game?

Asking for a clueless Canadian...

Simon
    Different game mate, make a FIFA thread though there are plenty of us that play it - if you move to 21 there is a league as well.