User Tag List

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7076777879808182 LastLast
Results 7,901 to 8,000 of 8122

Thread: Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Couple of weeks ago, Well that link for system requirements is telling me I have 32mb so whatever I guess.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Turns out the processor is in the bottom 5 percent in terms of performance according to that link Hlebs posted (which is mental for a brand new laptop), so going to update when I get to it and should be good to go.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic Football Manager game. Thankfully, I didn't lose.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/l...s-interactive/

LMA AND SPORTS INTERACTIVE ANNOUNCE COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP
    The League Managers Association (LMA) has announced a new commercial partnership with Sports Interactive Limited, the creative studio behind the Football Manager series of computer games.
    The partnership will provide Sports Interactive with opportunities to engage with LMA members across a range of campaigns, programmes and platforms whilst also offering Sports Interactive’s expertise to the LMA membership via support of LMA Learning.
    Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, said: “Working in collaboration with a company who focus their product on the art of football management is a natural fit. The LMA is always keen to add value to brands involved in the game and we are delighted the partnership also means that Sports Interactive will support the work we do for our members across our leadership, personal development and wellbeing programmes. I look forward to further exciting opportunities ahead with Sports Interactive in 2015/16 and beyond.”
    Miles Jacobson, Sports Interactive Studio Director added: “This agreement excites us for a number of reasons: the fact that we will be working with LMA Learning underscores that Football Manager has achieved an extraordinary level of authenticity, while the access it gives us to the LMA membership’s wealth of knowledge and experience will not only serve to increase that authenticity further, it will also help us to pursue some of our other goals within the professional game. We’re looking forward to a long and fruitful partnership.”

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone tried the new FM Classic for tablets that just came out?

Its something like £15 but you're getting the full "Classic" experience, with the 3d match engine. I need to somehow see how well the tablet processors handle the game before buying though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Played a game today that was just ridiculous. Expected it to be a tough fixture on my arrival in the Conference North but was a complete walkover.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try to get into this this weekend. So far in three 'starts' I've not even advanced the clock once. Just looking at the interface makes me angry and I shut it down straight away.

The Ashes is perfect for a bit of Footy Manager though so if I'm ever going to get back into it it will be the next month.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still play 2012. I've got the rest off Steam but just can't get into them.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to transfer my FM08 career over. This will be the fourth PC I've played it on.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like how Steam tells you how many hours you've played. 2287 hours on fm 2012

Simon
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lwall-plymouth

Nice article on Champo legend Cherno Samba.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you read the Football Manager Ruined My Life book?

Simon
    Yeah, didn't think it was that good although I like Iain Macintosh and have enjoyed his little mini-documentaries on forgotten football heroes like Robin Friday and that bloke who played on every continent.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought last years last week to kill some time and have somehow managed to get grealish, garbutt and now Loftus Cheek on loan.

Proper wee hipster team. Loving it. Strolling through the league but not massively ahead but no bad run of form.

Shipped out Buxton Russell and ward and just got rid of warnock.

Signed vargas from fiorentina and tsabhalaha the south African captain in Jan but due to injuries neither have played

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeah, didn't think it was that good although I like Iain Macintosh and have enjoyed his little mini-documentaries on forgotten football heroes like Robin Friday and that bloke who played on every continent.
    Same here. Very disappointing,

Iain Macintosh posts on the same Southend forum as I do and I've e-known him since well before he was famous but I couldn't even say I enjoyed his bits.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    FM16 feature list:

Dynamic Rivalries

The end.

Or at least that's the only bit they have teased out via Twitter earlier today.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been reading up on this game. seems like it could be 'fun' but i would be absolutely shit.

absolutely love reading about the basically 'cheat' guys that lead your team for years. have they mostly locked that up? none of those easy-to-sign guaranteed future megastars, i hope.

few questions (probably will be answered by grim): in the newer versions, is there an option to co-run a game with someone, as two people are managers in the same universe?

okay, then you got someone like me, who has watched the sport a lot over the last few years, and knows basic things, but nothing too in depth about the sport, such as tactics and shit. basically, is okay to jump in the new version of the game, or should i look for an older version to get me started?

basically lets get a 'matthew attempts football manager" thread when i aimlessly try and make me way up the leagues.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    been reading up on this game. seems like it could be 'fun' but i would be absolutely shit.

absolutely love reading about the basically 'cheat' guys that lead your team for years. have they mostly locked that up? none of those easy-to-sign guaranteed future megastars, i hope.

few questions (probably will be answered by grim): in the newer versions, is there an option to co-run a game with someone, as two people are managers in the same universe?

okay, then you got someone like me, who has watched the sport a lot over the last few years, and knows basic things, but nothing too in depth about the sport, such as tactics and shit. basically, is okay to jump in the new version of the game, or should i look for an older version to get me started?

basically lets get a 'matthew attempts football manager" thread when i aimlessly try and make me way up the leagues.
    The classic mode is a lot more stripped down and fun. Easier to get going too as you don't setup training etc.

I think you can get a demo easily enough give classic a go and see what you think.

There definitely is or was online co-op play and it's fun but I haven't done it in a while so not sure if it's available for classic mode.

I like the newer games just because or updates to the player db but you can drop db files in so I think Simon and maybe others play a really old version but with updated db. That would be free he can explain that.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you can do online games with however many managers you want. ie. 20 human manager in the Premier League.

It's fairly simple in terms of interface and there are plenty of guides out there on FM tactics and training methods etc.

In terms of 'wonder kids' they still exist but before they would always come good, now there appears to be a need for some sort of training to be applied to see them fulfil their potential. I had a wonderkid regen in fm 2014 who I didn't do anything with and he's got a record of something like 0.81 goals per game and 1 assist per game. In FM 2015 though it seems to be MUCH harder to get a young kid with potential and turn him into a world class player.

You should definitely dive in and play one version. Obviously FM2015 is the most up to date but I, personally, can't get on board with it and play 2014 and 2012 still now. You can download database updates for the old games to bring the players up to date

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel, for full effect of my buffoonery, i would go to an advanced mode. if i go into this, it will be for rajah, the people. the people can tell me how fucking horrible stupid my training moves would be. this thread would also have screenshots.

i am totally interested though. probably will give the demo a try tomorrow.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guy thanks so much. mad love

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has rajah never have anyone try to make a 5-10 manager league with people from here? i feel like that could be fun.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember playing a league with a couple of people (maybe Torn?) but you can't advance day to day without everyone finishing that day so there's a lot of waiting around if one person isn't about for whatever reason. If you can guarantee everyone being there for a couple of hours though, it's really quite fun.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel we are a tight enough group to pull something off. maybe not everyday. maybe we agree to a day or two a week. i could imagine all the drama when bidding for players and stuff. would be great.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for that. I think it's best with number that don't get too big (5/6 maybe) so there's not one prick who ruins our lives. Should all pick similar sized teams too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'd be very keen on this!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    has rajah never have anyone try to make a 5-10 manager league with people from here? i feel like that could be fun.
    We had like an 8 or so person league going back maybe 12 years, possibly longer. Was in Serie A and all I can recall was I had Lazio with Veron, Stankovic and Lopez I the side.

I don't think we made it out of pre season.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    There's been a few attempts at huge network games. I've had a few successful ones with Torn, it's pretty easy to setup on Steam nowadays

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    We had like an 8 or so person league going back maybe 12 years, possibly longer. Was in Serie A and all I can recall was I had Lazio with Veron, Stankovic and Lopez I the side.

I don't think we made it out of pre season.

That's always been my main concern (or lack of understanding). I'm not sure how time in the game would be managed when multiple players online got a game going. How do the days advance? Is everyone given a time limit/deadline? Or does the game only advance once everyone agrees to do so?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was definitely in a network game with people from here years ago. I don't remember it going well.

I'd be happy to try again - you just need to find a couple of timeslots that people can commit to and if people aren't around then their assistant manager picks it up.
    Last edited by Beefy; July 24th, 2015 at 7:31 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post

That's always been my main concern (or lack of understanding). I'm not sure how time in the game would be managed when multiple players online got a game going. How do the days advance? Is everyone given a time limit/deadline? Or does the game only advance once everyone agrees to do so?
    When setting up a game, you can set up a time limit for turns or set it up so that once X number of players have continued, it puts a count down on till it forces the rest to continue.

Or something.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Yeah, I was in that networked game, Reech and Terminal T were in on it as well. It was in 2003, because I remember being in some internet cafe in New York telling someone on MSN Messenger that I wouldn't be around.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Bought last years last week to kill some time and have somehow managed to get grealish, garbutt and now Loftus Cheek on loan.

Proper wee hipster team. Loving it. Strolling through the league but not massively ahead but no bad run of form.

Shipped out Buxton Russell and ward and just got rid of warnock.

Signed vargas from fiorentina and tsabhalaha the south African captain in Jan but due to injuries neither have played
    Well this backfired.

Won the league with a game or two to go.

Loftus Cheek etc all went back to parent clubs so him grealish, liingard, Ince, bent and garbutt all back.

Get my budget for next year it's 9m and an extra 90k on wages... ok I might be able to bravely battle relegation but no they want mid table. Fucking mid table.

So I sold chris Martin as I got offered 7m upfront and 4m if Wigan go up. Board gives me 10% of the fee sold keogh for 6m before I checked my balance.

I've gone out and signed a load of freebies and loans. Going to have to play 3 5 2 as I currently have no left back whatsoever.

Fucked it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Forsyth?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Forsyth?
    Sold him last year as I had garbutt and vargas both of whom have gone

Fucked it

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'd be up for any network game that's happening.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 seasons into my Arsenal game and we got a billionaire investor, imagine that!

Two Champions Leagues, One Title, Two Fa Cups, Two League Cups, Two World Club Cups and Two European Super Cups

However, with all the influx of cash a lot of the players want more money. Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain now wants £300k a week! He is 27 and I am now going to see if I can get 70-80m for him.

I signed Raheem Sterling and Christian Eriksen so we can cope without him. Also, Timo Werner and Jose Luis Gaya are the absolute business as young players go. Danny Wellbeck also seems ridicolously overrated in the game, socring between 30-50 goals every season...

Of the current squad, Jenkinson, Chambers (first choice right back), Ramsey, Wilshire, Wellbeck and Oxlade Chamberlain are the only ones left. Sold Sz, and sadly Sanchez had to go to Lazio as he was getting injured so much.

Utterly addicted.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    https://www.reddit.com/r/footballman...rs_of_simming/

Pretty funny, someone simmed 1000 years in Football Manager.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yessss only six years till we win the league.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    November 13th release date for 2016.

Fantasy drafts - https://twitter.com/FootballManager/...81205886357504
    Customise your manager - https://twitter.com/FootballManager/...79722646237184

I'm sold. Anyone else up for some drafts?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drafts will either be great or horribly gimmicky. I'm definitely up for a try though.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go, full feature list. http://www.videogamer.com/pc/footbal...vember_13.html

New Game Mode – Create-A-Club
    For the first time, Football Manager 2016 allows fans to add their own custom-built club to any league they choose, through the single player 'Create-a-club' mode. Create-A-Club allows you to name the club, add yourself and a friend to the line-up, edit the squad to your heart's content and even choose the colours.

New Game Mode – Fantasy Draft
    Create your dream team and take on your mates in 'Fantasy Draft' mode. Starting with a fixed budget, each manager builds a squad from scratch, competing with other managers to sign the best talent before going head-to-head against one another in a mini-league.

Manager on the Touchline
    Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.

Improved Matchday Experience
    More than 2,000 new animations, alongside lots of other graphical improvements and improved AI, make the Football Manager 2016 match view the best ever.

Multi match highlights
    A highlights package available to easily view other fixtures after each round in your own competition (or others) to keep you up-to-date with everything that's going on in the world around you.

Prozone Match Analysis
    Sports Interactive's partnership with the leading sports statistics provider, Prozone, has seen a wide-reaching revamp of the in-game match analysis tool, adding lots of useful functionality whilst also making it a lot more prominent and easier to use.

Set-Piece Creator
    Football Manager 2016's powerful, yet easy-to-use set piece creator allows managers to set up multiple set piece routines to be used across multiple tactics; with different set pieces for each set piece taker, new zonal marking options and much, much more.

More Realistic Injuries
    Sports Interactive has worked alongside a number of physiotherapists, doctors and related organisations to ensure that the depiction and treatment of injuries in Football Manager 2016 is more realistic than ever before. This doesn't mean that fewer injuries will be sustained, but that those which do occur will be treated and develop more realistically. Injuries will now be determined during matches, while new injury types have been added and there is now a tangible distinction between player condition and match sharpness.

Expanded Press Interaction
    Press conferences are more varied than ever before, with many new conversations to be had with the press, especially more contextual questions & responses. In addition, unemployed managers can now use media interviews to help get them back into the game.

Stats, Stats, Stats
    Managers now have access to more detailed statistical information than ever before, with the introduction of a revamped stats screen and an all-new rolling stats panel.

New and Improved Screens
    Information is now easier to find as a result of a revamp to many of the main screens, including player overview, tactics, the manager's home screen and the transfer offer screen.

And Much, Much More
    Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mode I've always wanted is to be able to pitch my team against yours somehow. I always remember me and a mate of mine having fierce arguments about which of our CM94 sides was the best after 45 seasons each of playing to the point where we'd recreating them in GOAL! and please eachother on that and created copies of our save games disc so we could each play as the other's side.

We were pretty fucking cool 16 year olds.

I'd love to be able to play my team vs his. Or play a team of my best players over a number of seasons vs other people's.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of that, particularly the create-a-club and the draft, and to an extent the set-piece creator sound brilliant.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    The mode I've always wanted is to be able to pitch my team against yours somehow. I always remember me and a mate of mine having fierce arguments about which of our CM94 sides was the best after 45 seasons each of playing to the point where we'd recreating them in GOAL! and please eachother on that and created copies of our save games disc so we could each play as the other's side.

We were pretty fucking cool 16 year olds.

I'd love to be able to play my team vs his. Or play a team of my best players over a number of seasons vs other people's.
    You can do that already, you can export your team for the online versus mode.

Simon
    Not sure how this draft system would work but I would 100% be up for a Rajah league...that said, the online play last time I played it (tbf this was maybe three years ago) was so slow that it was completely unplayable, even with only four of us playing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Someone asked me who they expected the amazing wonderkids to be in FM16 and was looking in here to see posts I had made in the past about my favourite players... and came across this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I still think there should be a way to create your own set peice routines.
    IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING ALF!!!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're going to do a RFF FM Draft game and it's fairly slow going then at least Grim will be able to play at his usual network game speed

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new CM 01/02 game with Wednesday and instantly bought Samba and Kerr.

Is that cheating? I came 2nd in my first season so I have a relegation fight for my next season.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Yes

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, that means I'll feel no guilt when I whip out CM Scout and find me some 180+ PAs

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I wish I had a computer to play games on

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a £80 laptop, it's CM 01/02 for christ sake, it doesn't need to be a NSA computer.

I did turn on ALL THE LEAGUES though so it's not as fast as it probably should be.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently downloading 01/02 for mac.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign Mark Kerr, Cherno Sam and Alex Farnerud and then claim that you're not cheating, that's what all the cool kids do.

OH, my big moment of glory last night was signing a 20 year old Victor Valdes from Barca's B team. Turns out he's not that good. Gutted. Signed him purely for the name too.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a poor World Cup (2002), the English FA sacked Sven and got in Woy, thus cutting out the let-downs of McClaren and Capello. I'll post the current England national team when I get home tonight.

I bought Rory Delap in to help my relegation fight. Time to get the towels out ballboys! Season starts in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Sign michael mols.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone interested if I do a oft-regular update on the state of football in my Champo 01 game? (Apart from how badly my Wednesday team are doing).

Just something covering sackings/hirings/transfers and stuff on players/teams?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign Mike Duff. Legend.

Simon
    To Madeira. The not-living legend.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Sign Mike Duff. Legend.
    Couldn't persuade him to go to Wednesday (we were 1st Division at the time).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Last version of this I played was 2013 which my laptop handled perfectly. Is 2016 a significant upgrade or should my laptop still be sufficient? It's an i5 processor, 8GB Acer.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the min specs:

Windows
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon 2.2GHz+
    Memory: 2 GB RAM.
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Intel GMA X3100 256MB VRAM.
    DirectX: Version 9.0c.
    Hard Drive: 3 GB available space.

You can always try this website on your laptop. It'll auto-detect you bits and let you know.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...016/12833/?p=r

Also, I think i5 is around a >2.3ghz so you should be good. Should.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Last version of this I played was 2013 which my laptop handled perfectly. Is 2016 a significant upgrade or should my laptop still be sufficient? It's an i5 processor, 8GB Acer.
    You'll be fine.

Simon
    Anyone played it yet? I got it on Friday but haven't had a chance to play yet, any marked improvements?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a bit and enjoying it more than 15.

My laptop is slowly dying though and I'm getting kernal panics all the time when playing which means I can't get into a game properly at the moment.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I fucking love 15 and have a hell of a save on there. I'm not committing to buying the new one until it goes tits up.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know of an up-to-date patch for last year's game?

Simon
    FM Scout/FM Base should have one.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those websites? Is this the "internet"?

Simon
    Beefy's finally cracked.

Simon
    One great addition to the game I've noticed - you can choose where to start the game between early pre-season, late pre-season, first game of the season or first European game of the season. Handy for people like me who tend not to make any signings pre-season and so end up with a pretty tedious slog through the first month or so just trying to get everyone's fitness up.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tried the draft mode yet? I'd be up for a Rajah draft.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'd be up for a rajah draft too

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right im going to set up a draft game this morning.

Who is in?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it not make sense to wait until they fix all the bugs so the game is playable?

FM has never been worth buying until after Christmas.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh its not starting for a while, ive just got names of who wants in so far. 6 is the top end

So far its me, reech, simon and im assuming you?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Football Manager. Do you think I've got nothing better to do than play some mind-numbingly boring, joyless spreadsheet, and then spend £40 for the privilege?

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put me down as a maybe.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a bunch of articles about Football Manager in the Guardian over the weekend so being the wanker that I am I bought it on Amazon (less than half the price of Steam btw...) so I'm in for an online game whenever we get one going.

Simon
    Why bother, it's a fucking jumped up spreadsheet mate!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YUSSSSS. To be fair I'm actually quite enjoying this years. I'm Brentford and trying to play as they actually would in terms of recruitment etc

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Why bother, it's a fucking jumped up spreadsheet mate!
    Because I love having them sit on my shelf collecting dust every year.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    TAPS AFF!

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/15, thought I'd do better but some of them were pretty obscure.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    14/15... didn't get the one from 14, Serginho.

Courier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bastarding FM05 no longer works since I upgraded to Windows 10.

Whattabollox

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ok so I have downloaded CM01/02, And all the appropriate stuff to get it to run on modern windows, But when starting the app I get two error messages.

v.3.9.60 Langib..cpp 389 and v.3.9.60 game_config..cpp 84

Now I have obviously googled this but all I can find is it has something to do with data location which I have moved, but still getting the messages. I am hoping someone here is a computer nerd who can help.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM16 is finally clicking a bit with me, first time one has since 2008. Anyone fancy a network game at some point?

Simon
    Why do you even bother, it's just a database.

Simon
    P.S. I would in theory be up for an online game but based on last year it would be a complete waste of time, slow to the point of being virtually unplayable.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm towards the end of my first season (been playing for months...) and have one question. Literally about half of my goals are close to identical. I play a 4-1-2-3 formation with two attacking wingers and a centre forward and those two wingers have 40 goals between them this season, all from crosses from the other wing and then tapped in from inside the six yard box.

Is that just my tactic or is that the game engine?

EDIT - four more goals from my two wingers the next game so that's 40 for the season
    Last edited by Beefy; June 6th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Simon
    I would imagine it's a bit of both - the latest tweak to the game engine does seem to find certain types of goal being repeated, but the type depends on the tactic you're using. With me it's overlapping full backs getting to the byline and crossing low for the striker to finish.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've honestly had a fucking brilliant career game on the most recent one. Did my usual game with Derby and enjoyed it so decided I would change things up.

Started with Newcastle as they had just got relegated and thought fuck this I could do better. Mid-Table first season. Won Carling Cup the next and then got sacked for finishing mid-table again
    Dropped a league to take over Watford and was given a massive transfer budget. Got them promoted and kept them up before resigning.
    Got offered the Liverpool job. Took that won the Fa Cup, Carling Cup and Europa League in 1 season. Won the Charity Shield and then the league the next year. Took over as Italy manager and got sacked by Liverpool the next year for not winning the league.
    Won European Championship with Italy before taking a job with Espanyol to build my legacy. Fucking ruined it. Finished outside relegation places just and got sacked.
    Got offered the Arsenal job. Won the Carling Cup and FA cup and thats about it. Resigned as I hated the squad I had.

I then applied for the Derby job. Bear in mind they were a mid-table championship club and I was a decorated sex beast of a manager. They fucking turned me down.

Now at Dortmund. First season came 2nd behind Bayern and won the German cup. Made some cracking signings. Think I can get that title off Bayern in next two years.

LOVING IT

Simon
    You should make it your career goal to destroy Derby after the way they snubbed you. I did this with Villa once, they turned me down so I made a point of moving to a top club and unsettling all their players, loaning their rivals my players etc. Felt good.

My most recent game was an attempt at turning Tottenham into the guiding light of English football, only signing young English talent in the hope of turning the national team into giants without managing them. Turns out Tottenham already have basically all the good young English players, I was sacked midway through my first season in lower midtable. Dominic Iorfa, Jamaal Lascelles and Andre Gray can all get fucked in future.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email came through today advertising 2017... plus the offer (through steam) whereby if you have the 4 previous ones, each gives you a 5% discount.. so you can get FM17 with 20% off. Suppose it's "something".

Simon
    Any news on new features yet? Feels like the last three or four have been almost the same - not a huge complaint as £30 for little more than official data updates is still cheap considering the amount of use I get out of it, but would be nice to play a fresh version of the game.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone actually call this Champo? It was always champ-man to me.

Also, dos anyone ever watch the documentary about it?

Simon
    Champo or Champ Man was fine, it wasn't like Pro Evo where I had an irrational hatred of people calling it "Pes".

I did watch the documentary...don't remember much about it, which suggests it wasn't much cop. IIRC it had more of an emphasis on football in general than the game itself, but I might be talking shit there (shock).