User Tag List

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager Discussion (and Champo if you want)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offence, but do any of you normally go lower teams and work yourselves up to the top flight either with them or by getting another offer ?

Or is this a case of "The game is only just come out so I'm going my favourite team" syndrome ?

I'm suffering from the latter too ....

Have went Rangers, 8 points clear of Celtic, drawn two and lost two. As per every year Dundee United are ridiculously better than they are in real-life thanks to the main SPL researcher being a United fan. All the Hibernian players who are potentially great have hideously high price tags on them as well.

I've signed Lee Martin permanently for £2.5 million who was on loan, Kirk Broadfoot from St Mirren who is an ace buy and a good centre-back. Callsen Bracker, a defender from Bayer Leverkusen who was on loan and then signed, then signed Jerome Boateng, 17 year old defender from Hertha Berlin (I think) all of whom have been excellent.

Sold Letizi, I am trying desperately to get Craig Gordon but as I'm in the SPL, have ran out of cash for my first season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always start from the bottom and work my way up, except for my first game, where I play as my favorite team in a certain league.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally do a game with MK Dons for no particular reason and always do some lower league games, but I tend to wait until I have played a few other careers out so that I have a good understanding of players and the game etc.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started as Unemployed with English leagues from Conference upwards, SPL and La Liga. Rejected loads of lower league jobs, declared my interest in the Aberdeen job and got laughed at. 2 weeks later they offered me the job. They were bottom, I've managed to take them up to about mid-table so far. Not far off the end of the first season.

Some of my CLASS signings include:

Darren Anderton, Georgi Kinkladze and Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

One of my young defenders has just agreed a deal with Hull worth 230k so I can't complain really. He's only worth about 60k.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What pre-set reputation did you give yourself?

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None...

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack D View Post
    No offence, but do any of you normally go lower teams and work yourselves up to the top flight either with them or by getting another offer ?

Or is this a case of "The game is only just come out so I'm going my favourite team" syndrome ?

Have went Rangers, 8 points clear of Celtic, drawn two and lost two. As per every year Dundee United are ridiculously better than they are in real-life thanks to the main SPL researcher being a United fan. All the Hibernian players who are potentially great have hideously high price tags on them as well.

I've signed Lee Martin permanently for £2.5 million who was on loan, Kirk Broadfoot from St Mirren who is an ace buy and a good centre-back. Callsen Bracker, a defender from Bayer Leverkusen who was on loan and then signed, then signed Jerome Boateng, 17 year old defender from Hertha Berlin (I think) all of whom have been excellent.

Sold Letizi, I am trying desperately to get Craig Gordon but as I'm in the SPL, have ran out of cash for my first season.
    I usually get as much out of Spurs as possible and then I go for a Div 2 team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoooooooooooooop, just got Wigan to the FA Cup Final, will be playing Chelsea so that's me in Europe aswell!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What pre-set reputation did you give yourself?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

I usually have one "cheat" game with Chelsea that goes on for a millenia, just so I can spend £100m each season on players if I want to. I also usually have one game where I start unemployed, a whole bunch of countries loaded all down to the lowest league and then take whatever job I can get. this game!

Might do a new Rajah Italia later this year once all the bugs are ironed out...

*edit*
    I also run a year long (ie from now till FM08 comes out) network game with my best mate and Rajah nobody, Spooney, in La Liga with me as Barcelona and he as Real Madrid. I'm glad FM07 is out because I was getting absolutely murdered in 06
    Last edited by Grimario; October 22nd, 2006 at 7:50 PM.

Alf
    Do it!

I have to be a star striker remember. It's forum law.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We going to do a network game for this one?

Make sure no one with a slow connection joins

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Do it!

I have to be a star striker remember. It's forum law.
    Is true news

And I, the "Brazilian" right sided Roberto Carlos

Yeah, consider it done. Sometime in the next few months after a patch or two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first game is always with Celtic, a team i know inside and out from the main team down to the under 19s so it helps me to get used to all the new changes that the game has. Then after a couple of seasons I will start a game with a major European team just so I can play about with a lot of money, I have £1million transfer budget for Celtic :sad:

Then after a couple of season of that I start a game unemployed and go on holiday until i get offered a job then work my way up. Then i just tend to rotated between the three games or any others that I may have started.

Then when the new game coming out I start to mess about with database, put in myself as the best player in the world and my mates as good but not as good as me players and make up a new team.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonLondon View Post
    The feature that I am really happy about is being able to send your player to the reserves until they're match fit. Saves me the hassle of looking at them all the time.

Signed a lovely little Argentinian lad for my Wigan team called something something Gomez, recommended by Valencia. Also signed Vyacheslav Hleb, Jason Koumas and the American Eddie Johnson.

Just got Mido on loan for 6 months aswell.
    Hleb's immense for the price. Signed him for Liverpool as back-up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I always start my first game with Arsenal. Just find it easy to get used to the new features and all that with Arsenal. I always start my second game unemployed and see who'll take me on.

SL, you sure you want me in the network game?

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i be in the Rajah team this year. I'll even be a handicapped samoan striker if it helps

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    If and when I do a new Rajah Italia/La Liga, team members will be rated by myself depending on how much they rep me up until the start date.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'd never be that desperate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be in the youth team anyway, you're about 14.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    True

breakneck speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always start a game as Southend.

I only ever made a success of it on 03/04 though

Super Freddy should be shit hot on this though, I'll get round to buying it soon init.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody love this game.

I've just realised what tutoring players does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do tutored players aquire the prefered moves of their tutor? I'm sure I read something like that.

And btw, that training problem has been confirmed as a bug and there's another bug I've noticed whereby you can offer players new contracts for less money and more often than not they accept. Some guy on another forum reckons he had Thierry Henry down to £8k a week. Rumours of a patch some time this week or next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tutoring doesn't seem to work. I go to player interaction, scroll down to linked players and it doesn't let me select anyone to link them with. Am I missing something?

Alf
    No you are not. It works on some and not others.

For me it only works with a few players. I think they might have to be wither under 24 or a similar player... not sure what it is yet.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was only players in your Under 19 squad.

Alf
    How old is downing? I got Petrov tutoring him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a few of my reserve players being tutored now. Cheers for the tip!

Alf
    What sort of formations are you boys playing?

I'm playing my 433 but fancy a bit of a change as my wide forwards don't score enough.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3-3 for me also.

Alf
    How are your wide forwards doing?

Chuck Norris doesnt sleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-1-2-1-2 works quite nicely for me. Although i change it up to either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 sometimes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain how the scouting system works?

I set up for 4 scouts to go searching and heard nothing from them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are your wide forwards doing?
    They're playing alright actually given their quality.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got Massimo Maccarone to agree terms to come to Aberdeen when his contract runs out.

Lovell, Maccarone and the GTF. Stunning.

Now all I need is a 35 year old midfield workhorse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-1-3-2 for me.

Eddie Johnson got me 26 goals last season on the way to the FA Cup final, and Emile Heskey (yes) got me 19. Also had Mido and Henri Camara on the bench.

I play a playmaker in the defensive midfield role, must be good at long shots. The right hand striker is the quicker more powerful striker and I set them as target man with balls for them to run onto, the other striker can be either a good header of the ball or another speedy striker, but they tend not to score as many.

Alf
    What team are you playing as?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wigan.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Can someone explain how the scouting system works?

I set up for 4 scouts to go searching and heard nothing from them.
    Thats because the scouting system is pants. You have to send your scouts out twice, the first time to improve their knowledge of the area that they're scouting and the second time so that they can actually go out scouting players.

Because apprently a scout won't be able to spot a decent footballer at a match unless he's familiar with that nation's film industry.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of formations are you boys playing?

I'm playing my 433 but fancy a bit of a change as my wide forwards don't score enough.
    4-4-2 as always.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a bit of a problem with this Argentinian lad I've signed. He's 18 and his stats are fucking amazing, but although he is in my squad he needs a work permit, so I tried loaning him out to my Belgian feeder club and he refuses to go there, so he is now sitting around getting better because of my training but I can't fucking play him.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently unemployed waiting for a job offer. Brighton offered me but I told them to wise up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a real contribution to the thread, but my computer is now TWO WEEKS late, and it's gutting me that I can't play this fucker.

I was looking forward to spending my half-term week doing nothing but playing this game, while fitting in a bit of slap and tickle with Mrs Andy when I could fit her in around it.

As it goes, I ended up agreeing to work a 6 day week because I had nothing else to do.

I WANT THIS GAME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a bit of a problem with this Argentinian lad I've signed. He's 18 and his stats are fucking amazing, but although he is in my squad he needs a work permit, so I tried loaning him out to my Belgian feeder club and he refuses to go there, so he is now sitting around getting better because of my training but I can't fucking play him.
    Will he not need to get x amount of caps in a year before he gets his permit? like that Chinese boy Man Utd have on loan at Antwerp, Dong Fangzhou.

Try offering him on loan? Maybe a bigger club will come in and he'll take that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oimoi View Post
    Do tutored players aquire the prefered moves of their tutor? I'm sure I read something like that.

And btw, that training problem has been confirmed as a bug and there's another bug I've noticed whereby you can offer players new contracts for less money and more often than not they accept. Some guy on another forum reckons he had Thierry Henry down to £8k a week. Rumours of a patch some time this week or next.

I Believe mentored players pick up the mentors moves. I've got Henry mentoring Theo abd he's just picked up "Likes to make runs down the left" where originally he only did that down the right.

**edit** Got an 18 year old left back called Marcelo in for £5.5m All his stats are immense except for tackling but thats improving and I've got Gallas to cover when he goes walkies. Oh and Cashley is out for 3 months
    Last edited by connorboy; October 23rd, 2006 at 3:37 PM.

Alf
    I just got offered the Greece job... should I take it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you keep your club job? If not, I wouldn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and find some darkie Brazilians who are willing to play for Greece.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I play 4-1-1-3-1 with Rosicky in AML, Baptista AMC and Hleb AMR. Works brilliantly so far with Henry up front. Baptista and Henry have got 10 each with Hleb and Rosicky getting a few between them.

This is only 20 games in though.

My reserves and U18's are immense as well, both top of their groups.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow (Ice Cold) 3000 View Post
    I always start a game as Southend.

I only ever made a success of it on 03/04 though

Super Freddy should be shit hot on this though, I'll get round to buying it soon init.
    Fred doesn't start brilliant, but apparently he's potentially brilliant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, I reckon with Arsenal almost any formation would work, and with Henry I think 10 in 20 would probably happen if you played him at left back.

Alf
    Right, I need to sign a bloody good AMC that can play behind the front two suggestions?

I'm going to see if I can tweak my old Diamond 442 to work on this game.

Alf
    See, I reckon with Arsenal almost any formation would work, and with Henry I think 10 in 20 would probably happen if you played him at left back.
    Henry is so immense in this game.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid server. An 11 minute double-post.

Alf
    Yep, the 442 diamond works

Both strikers just got hat tricks.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    2 Hat-tricks?

Who against?

Alf
    It's only QPR but the play was spot on. 3 for my target man, Mido, and 3 for my striker Keane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Fred doesn't start brilliant, but apparently he's potentially brilliant.
    i stole him for £300k along with a load of other young gems and sent them to my feeder club (hibs), freddy is 8 goals in 10 games and a few MOM awards

don't think he'll ever make it at liverpool but i'll be getting a tidy profit

Alf
    Juan Carlos, he's a young goalkeeper you can get for 500k.

He is immense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alejandro Gomez, is absolutely incredible, so is Sidnei, both signed for my Wigan side for pittance.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal just became my parent club.

They sent me that Larsson fellow, who I wanted anyway, so I have just offered him a permanent contract, a guy called Connolly and a guy called Song.

Maccarone and Lee Miller could be devastating if they perform well. Hopefully the GTF will come good this season.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously lads this Marcelo is something else.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Connolly's rubbish and Song ain't bad, in case you wanted to know.

I have Barnet as my feeder club as it was one of the original four and I didn't know you could choose. They're now last and not using the people I send them. Blooody annoying cos my contract says I can't cancel it.

Alf
    What's his full name and position?

I need a left winger too.

Alf
    ...Marchelo that is... there are about 5 on my game...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18 year old WBL Plays for Fluminese. Should have a £5.5m release clause. 16 passing 17 pace 17 acceleration all other stats 10-17. 2 Brazil Caps already.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing Football Manager 2007 now, it is immense, it really is. First game, played as Rangers, 6 wins in 7 games, and just came off a 4-0 win over FC Braga in the Uefa Cup. I beat Celtic at home in the early old firm clash, and I'm top of the table 3 clear of Celtic.

Rangers are in debt though, and little to no many to buy players with, really. I spent a huge chunk on Scott Brown, who is playing very well, and loaned a striker off Sevilla, Hornos(?) who's quite the player as well. This game is a lot better then the previous, I think.
    Last edited by RomulusWolfe; October 23rd, 2006 at 5:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I played as Rangers in the Demo i signed a left winger/full back called Mike Zonneveld for about £2.2mill, who was playing brilliantly and an 18 year old brazillian called Celsinho for £1.5mill of CSKA Moscow (i think) who was turning into a ruddy good player.

I got Hornos on loan as well, but he wasn't really getting a game, Boydie and Sebo were on form and scoring freely.

P.S Charlie Adam is shockingly good in this game for anyone looking for a young, talented (if not somewhat slow) attacking mid playmaker on the cheap.
    Last edited by DJAOAS; October 23rd, 2006 at 5:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal just beat Everton 11 - 2.

Everton finished 2nd last season.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAOAS View Post
    When I played as Rangers in the Demo i signed a left winger/full back called Mike Zonneveld for about £2.2mill, who was playing brilliantly and an 18 year old brazillian called Celsinho for £1.5mill of CSKA Moscow (i think) who was turning into a ruddy good player.

I got Hornos on loan as well, but he wasn't really getting a game, Boydie and Sebo were on form and scoring freely.

P.S Charlie Adam is shockingly good in this game for anyone looking for a young, talented (if not somewhat slow) attacking mid playmaker.
    Charlie Adam is, isn't he? He's started for me in every single game so far, and he's probably one of my best players, as well as Boyd. Boyd really goes up in value with seemingly every game.

I spent like 3M on Brown, so I didn't buy anyone else. I've stuck with Smith at left-back though, and he's had an average rating of 8 or so. Rangers do have a lot of good youngsters if they're played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusWolfe View Post
    Charlie Adam is, isn't he? He's started for me in every single game so far, and he's probably one of my best players, as well as Boyd. Boyd really goes up in value with seemingly every game.

I spent like 3M on Brown, so I didn't buy anyone else. I've stuck with Smith at left-back though, and he's had an average rating of 8 or so. Rangers do have a lot of good youngsters if they're played.
    Aye, Clement, Adam, Boydie, Smith and Sebo all seem to have a lot of potential. Buffel's quite good as well. Although, between Ferguson, Adam and Clement and Hemdani for cover in central midfield I wasn't using him. So I sold him on for the cash to buy Celsinho.

Lowing looks like he'd turn into a quality player as well. But due to Hutton's unexplained goodness he didn't see much first team action.

I had a injury crisis with my strikers and gave Rory Loy a game up front with Stevie Naismith (who's good value for £500k) and he looked like turning into a good player as well.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    I bought that Marcelo for Arsenal in my game, he is a bit tasty. I'm training him up to be an AML, because with his stats, he is wasted at left back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how that works out, i'm watching him in my game for when i go to a team with some cash.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of interest lads, I remember someone on here telling me FM might not be compatible with Macs.

Anyone here know if that's the case? I reckon I'm gonna cancel my PC order tomorrow and just get an iMac instead. Only thing stopping me is whether or not I can play FM on it.

Loserweight Champion The Comet Kid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Taylor View Post
    Just out of interest lads, I remember someone on here telling me FM might not be compatible with Macs.

Anyone here know if that's the case? I reckon I'm gonna cancel my PC order tomorrow and just get an iMac instead. Only thing stopping me is whether or not I can play FM on it.
    I think they had both versions on teh disc before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is Mac compatible. look at the system requirements on the right.

http://www.sigames.com/softography.p...w&id=20#system

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MASSI MASSIMO
    MASSI MASSIMO
    MASSI MASSIMO
    MASSI MACCARONE

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up just picking Celtic.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you do.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Chelsea game just started.

Top 3 divisions in England, top 2 in Spain, Italy, top division from Germany, Turkey, Scotland, Holland, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil and the leagues from the USA and Australia.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    This years cheat player is apparently Sindre Loe Bing. Over at the SI forums, people have been posting his stats from a couple of seasons down the line, and he is horrendously good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Sindre Loe Bing, my first signing then

Actually, looking at getting Dani Alves and either Kaka or Gerrard.

Alf
    I just battered Real Madrid 3-1 at their gaff.

Berbatov, Mido and Keane the scorers.

I signed D'Allessandro for 7m and the window closed before I could get this 21 year old Raul Garcia, he looks immense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Chelsea game just started.

Top 3 divisions in England, top 2 in Spain, Italy, top division from Germany, Turkey, Scotland, Holland, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil and the leagues from the USA and Australia.

Can you even pick that many leagues?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pick however many you want.

Alf
    I'm having a right mare. Four defeats in a row in the league... I've had a player sent off every game, two sending offs in two of them. The bannings are going to destroy me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got your tackling set to hard?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a known bug that red cards are too frequent.

Alf
    Yeah, so many players got sent off on the opposition last season that I suppose it's evening out.

Anyone else got bored of team talks yet?

I'm just leaving it to the ass man now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been pretty lucky with red cards, get a lot of yellows especially my wingers, my tackling is set to hard though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'You can win this!'

'Don't get complacent!'

'Well Done'

every single game. unless we're drawing or losing at half time, in which case i tell them that 'We can win this!' again.

Alf
    It's bloody boring ain't it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, hopefully they'll refine it for the next game, make it more relational to your opponents or something. Like if you're Man U now, you'll use the same team talk against Charlton in the last game of the league one week as you would against Liverpool in the F.A cup final the next.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I've had hardly any red's so far, been quite lucky. And I just set my ass to do team talks a while back. Got so bored of them.

And almost all my results have been 2-1 wins. Weird...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    My Chelsea game is underway, brought in Raul Garcia, Jesus Navas and Dani Alves in and only had a transfer deadline beat me to getting Silva as well. Have him coming in the next window

Only have 2 goal scorers so far, Lampard and Sheva with 4 each from 4 games. Home games have all been 1-0 wins, away/neutral games have all been 3-1 wins. Bizarre. No crazy amount of red cards either, just Dani Alves with two yellows so far

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Lads lads lads lads....

Just dropping in to let you know that, in the near future, I will be starting up an FM2007 version of the wonderfully successful Rajah Italia/La Liga/whatever that I ran some time ago. Going to do it a bit differently this time around, going to have a limited number of positions per squad and going to fill those positions out, rather than having 7 defenders, 11 midfielders and 30 strikers per team.

Consider this a heads up, sign ups should open in the next few hours and I will look to start the game after the first patch comes out

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm how do i sign up for this

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'll sign up for this.

I'll even be the goalie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There'll be a sign up thread, i'd imagine?