The opening of Frame Toby might be the best opening of the series

Simon
    I...DECLARE...BANKRUPTCYYYYYYYYYYY

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Robert California is still, to this day, one of the greatest TV characters ever.
    Strong disagree. He had funny moments of James Spader-style weirdness/profundity but I don't think he was a well written character at all. The flaws in his storyline far outweighed the humor of his character. Beginning of course with the ridiculous explanation that he was given the office manager position but then decided he didn't want it so he went to Kathy Bates' characters and convinced her to give him her job as president of the company. Okay, even if we buy that as a plot device to get the characters where they need to be, it didn't mesh well with his later uselessness as president. When Nellie came to the office and stole Andy's manager job by camping out in his office, he did nothing because he was scared of Jo Bennett. Really? And when his wife came to the office he turned into a little bitch. And of course he ended up running the company into the ground opening the door for David Wallace to come back and buy it using his money from his Suck-It product (another absurd plot device). At which point Robert reveals he was a fraud the whole time and leaves the company to do something else ridiculous and zany.

So yea I mean those last few seasons were a mess as a whole but regarding Robert California specifically, I can't fathom calling him an all time great TV character. He was one of the worst characters on his own show, IMO.

But shout out to Erin and Gabe who were excellent late-season additions to the cast.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted, I'm watching a "best of Robert California" compilation video and he definitely has some outrageously funny lines/conversations.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're making me want to watch this now. Is it on Netflix in the States?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes the whole series is on Netflix in the States.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Strong disagree. He had funny moments of James Spader-style weirdness/profundity but I don't think he was a well written character at all. The flaws in his storyline far outweighed the humor of his character. Beginning of course with the ridiculous explanation that he was given the office manager position but then decided he didn't want it so he went to Kathy Bates' characters and convinced her to give him her job as president of the company. Okay, even if we buy that as a plot device to get the characters where they need to be, it didn't mesh well with his later uselessness as president. When Nellie came to the office and stole Andy's manager job by camping out in his office, he did nothing because he was scared of Jo Bennett. Really? And when his wife came to the office he turned into a little bitch. And of course he ended up running the company into the ground opening the door for David Wallace to come back and buy it using his money from his Suck-It product (another absurd plot device). At which point Robert reveals he was a fraud the whole time and leaves the company to do something else ridiculous and zany.

So yea I mean those last few seasons were a mess as a whole but regarding Robert California specifically, I can't fathom calling him an all time great TV character. He was one of the worst characters on his own show, IMO.

But shout out to Erin and Gabe who were excellent late-season additions to the cast.
    it's one thing to not like the character but some of those flaws you pointed out are just wrong I think. Jo Bennett was still in charge even though Robert had the president title was she not? Didn't David Wallace say he bought the company from her? I don't think he turned into a little bitch during the episode about his wife either. He was playing the con on his wife while trying to show her he cared. Andy was just confused with the signals. David Wallace came back after Andy convinced him to buy the branch back. I don't think it had anything to do with Robert running the company to the ground

Why is the suck-it product an absurd plot device? people make millions off inventions all the time. every day, actually. why is that a hard plot to fathom?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    it's one thing to not like the character but some of those flaws you pointed out are just wrong I think. Jo Bennett was still in charge even though Robert had the president title was she not? Didn't David Wallace say he bought the company from her? I don't think he turned into a little bitch during the episode about his wife either. He was playing the con on his wife while trying to show her he cared. Andy was just confused with the signals.

Why is the suck-it product an absurd plot device? people make millions off inventions all the time. every day, actually. why is that a hard plot to fathom?
    To your first point: Jo still owned the company, he just convinced her to make him CEO (her former role).

To your last point: the Suck-It product was funny when it was first introduced because it was so stupid and showed how far David Wallace had fallen from grace, that even Michael Scott recognized this was a horrible product idea and it made Michael see what a mess David had become since losing his job. To then write it as David made a fortune because the US military bought the patent (I believe that was the explanation) was really absurd. But I did like having David Wallace back on the show so whatever.

I do like the character and his absurdities but it's just hard to swallow some of the awful plot writing in the later seasons. Robert's hiring as CEO being the main jumping off point of these bad writing decisions, IMO. Another thing: why was he in Scranton so much as the CEO of Sabre? It just didn't make sense. It's a sitcom so I get that being funny is more important that good writing and I'm maybe looking at it too critically but give me some level of reasonability.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To your first point: Jo still owned the company, he just convinced her to make him CEO (her former role).

I do like the character and his absurdities but it's just hard to swallow some of the awful plot writing in the later seasons. Robert's hiring as CEO being the main jumping off point of these bad writing decisions, IMO. Another thing: why was he in Scranton so much as the CEO of Sabre? It just didn't make sense. It's a sitcom so I get that being funny is more important that good writing and I'm maybe looking at it too critically but give me some level of reasonability.
    I am with you there. So really your main issue is how David Wallace made all that money since Jo was technically still the owner even though Robert was CEO

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with you there. So really your main issue is how David Wallace made all that money since Jo was technically still the owner even though Robert was CEO
    Separate issues. David making $20 million off Suck-It was absurd, and Robert becoming CEO was also absurd (in the season opener when Jim was describing the sequence of events, he pointed out how absurd it was).

I think making Andy manager was a good decision for the show which unfortunately got derailed when he had to leave to shoot The Hangover sequels so they had to write him off for large stretches then they turned him back into a dick. But before all that, I would have given a little more explanation of his promotion. Andy was awful at sales... he was the worst salesman on the team (excluding Pam), so why would he have been made manager? Well, maybe for that exact reason. He was bad at sales but at this point in the show had become a likable, even-keeled guy who had a good temperament. Instead of simply doing "Your new manager is.... *drum roll*.... ANDY!" I would have shown why that decision was made by having him resolve an office dispute during the interview process, or something like that.

So in both of these new positions (Andy and Robert) I was fine with where they ended up, my issue is with how they got there. Jo Bennett seemed too smart and business-savvy to turn her company over to a con artist who then tanked it. Again not to apply too much realism to a sitcom but you don't hire a CEO without doing background checks and whatnot. Robert California wasn't even his real name, we later learned.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The opening of Frame Toby might be the best opening of the series
    The Earth Day opening with Dwight as Recyclops has always been one of my favorites. Even has Stanley playing along. "This is a Recyclops day"?

http://www.nbc.com/the-office/video/...meeting/n21874
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; March 23rd, 2017 at 3:22 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I'm still a bit in love with Pam.
    TV show-wise, yes: Pam > *. In real life though, Angela smokes all of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Last two seasons are a bit shit BUT the final episode is great.
    Nailed it.

Robert California is still, to this day, one of the greatest TV characters ever.
    That is a terrible take, on a par with any of the "Mark Hammer/DVDA US Politics" posts...sort yourself, mate...

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yet youre never able to dispute any of it. Either way leave that shit in that thread please.

Angela was the hottest on the show and yes she is even hotter irl. Or was, it's been a few years since I've seen her.

Prime Kelly was nothing to scoff over either. Finally Pam was so blah and average and not hot at all on the show but Jenna Fisher was smoking hot in a movie she was in, the name escapes me.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jenna in Blades of Glory had her wearing some skimpy outfit if I remember correctly. Haven't seen her in many movies.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Tried posting a pic from the movie but messed up. Prolly simple mistake, I don't post pics very often. Funny how I can't get it but I bet my 8 year old could. I swear he was born with computer knowledge that I could even pretend to know.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; March 23rd, 2017 at 5:02 PM.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    TV show-wise, yes: Pam > *. In real life though, Angela smokes all of them...

Nailed it.

That is a terrible take, on a par with any of the "Mark Hammer/DVDA US Politics" posts...sort yourself, mate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Yet youre never able to dispute any of it. Either way leave that shit in that thread please.

Angela was the hottest on the show and yes she is even hotter irl. Or was, it's been a few years since I've seen her.

Prime Kelly was nothing to scoff over either. Finally Pam was so blah and average and not hot at all on the show but Jenna Fisher was smoking hot in a movie she was in, the name escapes me.
    Now I'm wondering if I'm right in remembering which one Angela was.

Pam > *

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just got to the episode with Micheal Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Merideth Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For The Cure.

Rabies victims have to live with a irrational hatred of water their entire lives.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That episode is classic. Andy drafting behind Kevin

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with BBF.

There will always be a part of me that is completely in love with Pam.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That episode is classic. Andy drafting behind Kevin
    Surprised Kevin did the run and didn't hop in the taxi with Stanley and everyone for drinks during the race.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    Now I'm wondering if I'm right in remembering which one Angela was.

Pam > *
    Uptight Christian chick.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Jenna in Blades of Glory had her wearing some skimpy outfit if I remember correctly. Haven't seen her in many movies.
    That's the movie I was thinking of. She was very hot then (pretty sure it was the hair, makeup, and sexy outfits) but not hot at all as Pam on The Office. Don't know what some of these folks are smoking but hey, less competition for Angela.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pam just had the girl next door factor. She was cute, adorable, a d funny.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She was the epitome of average.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are the epitome of shut up

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Remember what Ryan said: "Yeah, she's like um, she'd probably be a six in New York, but she's a seven here in Scranton".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Been researching and while I still think Jim and Pam's love story is one of the best of all time I am not as big of a fan of Jim this time around. He is a smug and quite the dick on occasion.

Michael hating on Toby is still one of the best running gags as well.

Also, still love Pam to pieces.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim comes out looking far better than Pam in this I'd say

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Been researching and while I still think Jim and Pam's love story is one of the best of all time I am not as big of a fan of Jim this time around. He is a smug and quite the dick on occasion.
    My wife was saying the other night what a dick Jim is on the re watch.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just getting to the Michael Scott Paper Company run of episodes. This story arc might be one of my favorites in the whole run of the show.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; March 30th, 2017 at 7:50 PM.

Simon
    Threat Level Midnight is one of the all-time classic episodes. Michael's face when Toby's head explodes on-screen is so funny.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Threat Level Midnight is one of the all-time classic episodes. Michael's face when Toby's head explodes on-screen is so funny.
    It was the most expensive shot in the movie! I love how Michael paid the extra just to get a scene with Toby's head exploding.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Jim comes out looking far better than Pam in this I'd say
    Don't see how. He instigated the break up of Roy and Pam and then more or less left Karen in NYC to run back and ask Pam out on a date.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    It was the most expensive shot in the movie! I love how Michael paid the extra just to get a scene with Toby's head exploding.
    Spoilers you dicks I haven't got that far on my rewatch.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry Virm! I'm not that far either, I've just seen these episodes more times than I should have.

South Park, The Office and Married...With Children are my top three favorite shows and I've watched the hell out of them equally.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see how. He instigated the break up of Roy and Pam and then more or less left Karen in NYC to run back and ask Pam out on a date.
    Pam was dumb for being with Roy and rejecting Jim. Jim was the one who made the courageous and correct decision by dumping Karen (even though Karen was awesome). Jim was also very successful at his job while Pam failed at everything and then freaked out for no reason when he wanted to pursue a great career in Philadelphia which is only 2 hours away from Scranton ffs.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pam was dumb for being with Roy and rejecting Jim. Jim was the one who made the courageous and correct decision by dumping Karen (even though Karen was awesome). Jim was also very successful at his job while Pam failed at everything and then freaked out for no reason when he wanted to pursue a great career in Philadelphia which is only 2 hours away from Scranton ffs.
    Wife always says Jim just wanted to hang out with sports stars. Then he got Darryl a job. So he was dicking around with sports stars and Darryl while Pam was taking care of the 2 kids.

I'm sorta 50/50 on this. Jim does get a pretty big chip on his shoulder. I feel like everything Jim does he did for his family though so it's hard to hold that against him.

Funny how different people see different things in these character's evolutions.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I hope that is sarcasm, bud.

That episode came out over six years ago...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Holy fuck, tyson

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see how Jim is a dick...

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He broke up multiple relationships, was an asshole to Dwight and left his wife alone to care for their children in a house that he bought without even consulting with her (and it was his parents' house no less -- he probably stuck them in a home).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    He broke up multiple relationships, was an asshole to Dwight and left his wife alone to care for their children in a house that he bought without even consulting with her (and it was his parents' house no less -- he probably stuck them in a home).
    Pam broke off the wedding with Roy. Jim did not. He broke up his own relationship because people break up all the time. That's called life. He also left that Philly job for his wife. It was a mutual decision for them to quit DM in the finale. All flawed logic on your end. Dwight was also a dick to Jim and they became friends throughout the series.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bought his wife a house what a monster

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    He bought his wife a house what a monster
    So a bit further into this.

Buying a house is a nice romantic gesture for sure but unless you are filthy rich buying a house is a 20 to 40 year commitment. Investing into something like this, much like marriage ,is a life time commitment. Not sharing that with your S/O is a very irrational as they may hate the house and be locked into something they don't want. Granted, Pam liked it but both of them shared extreme discomfort over the master bedroom to a degree they would not use it. A sensible couple (key word couple) would have looked at and discussed where they planned to potentially live forever.

Jim also purposely lied to Pam over him being attracted to a temp because she was 9 months pregnant. Pam knew he was, Jim knew he was but made the decision to play the game just to say he wasn't for fear that Pam's hormones would make her irrational.

Jim also provoked De'Angelo to back his slam dunking trash talk to the point it got him killed all because he was omitted from the inner circle. The inner circle he refused to say was real.
    Last edited by virmicious; April 6th, 2017 at 9:00 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim should have nailed her. Great man for sparring Pam the knowledge of someone better than her who actually liked sports.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Jim should have nailed her. Great man for sparring Pam the knowledge of someone better than her who actually liked sports.
    Did she like sports or was she just pretending so she could fuck Jim? She asked if they were watching "March Madness" and Jim said something like no that's in March. If she really liked or even remotely followed sports I feel like she would know March Madness is in March. Pretty good guy for not nailing the hot girl in Florida while his pregnant wife is in Scranton.

I like when Stanley raids Jim's liquer cabinet and says careful Jim it gets easier every time. Stanley being a grump but still gets a bunch of ladies is great.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was not that hot. Pregnant, fat Pam was better looking than that temp.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did she like sports or was she just pretending so she could fuck Jim? She asked if they were watching "March Madness" and Jim said something like no that's in March. If she really liked or even remotely followed sports I feel like she would know March Madness is in March. Pretty good guy for not nailing the hot girl in Florida while his pregnant wife is in Scranton.

I like when Stanley raids Jim's liquer cabinet and says careful Jim it gets easier every time. Stanley being a grump but still gets a bunch of ladies is great.
    Knowing that March Madness is even a thing is a point.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Jim messed with Dwight because he cared for him and wanted him to loosen up, not the other way around. There are multiple instances throughout the series of the show where Jim helps Dwight and Jim is the person who supports Dwight in tough times, only for Dwight to throw Jim under the bus. Jim keeps coming back.

Jim also took that job and bought that house for their family, not out of selfishness. He let Pam leave and fulfill her dream of art school, it was his turn.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim does continually support Dwight. Saved him from getting fired in Florida. Even brought Micheal in for Dwight at the end to be his bestest mench.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; April 8th, 2017 at 7:53 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He supported him throughout the Angela break up as well.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Jim messed with Dwight because he cared for him and wanted him to loosen up, not the other way around. There are multiple instances throughout the series of the show where Jim helps Dwight and Jim is the person who supports Dwight in tough times, only for Dwight to throw Jim under the bus. Jim keeps coming back.

Jim also took that job and bought that house for their family, not out of selfishness. He let Pam leave and fulfill her dream of art school, it was his turn.
    Jim most definitely did not mess with Dwight at first because he cared for him. That developed over time. He clearly did not like Dwight and enjoyed messing with him for a reaction.

I agree with the Pam and the art school bit but there is a big difference in being a dating couple with no kids and not living together vs. being married and having two children, one of whom was a new born to follow your dream. Especially considering the level of trouble Pam had with doing it alone.

This is more on the writing anyways to me but I am in season 9 on the rewatch and this "dream job" of his is a bit meh to me anyways considering the first foreshadow of it was really late into season 7 with him calling into a sports shows. If you are on your first watch you wouldn't have even thought anything of it as he was hiding from an old friend he shamed. (Another Jim jerk move) He literally had 7 years of bitching about wasting his life in his job on camera and never talked about any profession when he had an open forum to vent. Again, this is a writing issue but a glaring one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly Virm. We knew Jim wanted to be a sports writer from his Second Life character from season 4. Also he pranked Dwight early on because Dwight deserved it for being a giant asshole.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random moment that always makes me crack up: When Michael has Erin shave him to keep up with Deangelo and she just piles huge clumps of shaving cream on his face and scoops it off with the razor.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In season 9 now. Watching "The Whale" episode. Love this episode with Dwight trying to learn how to sell to women. The return of Jan as well. Fun trivia Jan's Secretary is Carrie Kemper, Erin's sister. She wrote the episode too.

Another thing I've noticed in these later episodes is Toby seems to be just getting weirder. Does anyone else think they were gonna pay off the Stranton Strangler angle with Toby actually being the strangler? I know ultimately Toby visited jail and the guy convicted tried strangling Toby. Could mean they convicted the right guy or if you were wrongly convicted of a crime and a juror visits you after you might try to choke him if the chance presented itself. I feel like Toby should have been it after taking Michael's and everyone's abuse, failed marriage and being in a dead and job. He even admits later that he can't really do anything and HR is a joke.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; April 8th, 2017 at 1:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Silly Virm. We knew Jim wanted to be a sports writer from his Second Life character from season 4. Also he pranked Dwight early on because Dwight deserved it for being a giant asshole.
    Ok so in 5 years it was hinted at/mentioned 2 times? He was in the office for those 5 years with Daryl and they never ever talked sports, went to a game, etc. You can see why one would not take his "dream" seriously.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    First season they did do the basketball episode. Jim was pretty great. Seems like there has been reoccuring sports mentions through out the series. Not that it was planned from the beginning but I feel like there are little moments that lead them into the Jim dream job angle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah, so I finished this up.

Really wish Michael would have been involved in the panel or even the after party. I get the surprise best man part but at the very least he should have went back to the office with the rest of them. Surely he didn't fly out for a few hours. No reason why Holly shouldn't have been there too.

As much bitching as I have put down I really wished we would have seen something with how successful Jim and his company were. The happy ever after with Pam finally giving in with the pay off would have been much better. Would have loved to seen a family shot in Austin about their success.

A quick follow up to Ryan and Kelly would have also been nice. Meaning Nellie in Denmark or wherever and what Kelly and Ryan were actually doing.

Finally, a wrap up on the Scranton branch with all the new faces and where they stood would have also done right by the series. Just Dwight comparing his new hires to where they were would have been perfect. A nice piece showing how Dwight hired the right people in the right places to keep the Scranton office doing even better would have been the perfect touch of his life long ascent to become Regional Manager.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Andy's goodbye singing "I Will Remember You" was awesome. Forgot how great it was.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqGhDhx53o

I agree with all that Virm. Especially the Michael stuff. I doubt he'd miss the chance to take part in the panel. He definatley should have showed up at the office in the end with everyone and called a meeting in the conference room. Also, I wish that he showed up with the whole family, kids included. Just the idea of 3 or 4 little Michaels running around seems funny to me.

Going a step further. I have all these seasons on DVD. I'm going to watch deleted scenes and stuff. I'm sure there are some hidden gems to be found.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; April 9th, 2017 at 2:05 PM.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might be my favourite outtake from the show. I love Ed Helms hiding around the corner because he can't stop laughing.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Season 4. The Dinner Party deleted scene. Dwight walks up to Angela "I notice you wore open toed shoes tonight. Since when did you become a whore?"

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love, love, love the final video that Jim put together for Pam. Love it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Steve Carell didn't want to take away the spotlight from the other cast members which is why he only had a couple scenes. I believe that was the reason he and the show gave for not using him more. Could be wrong

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a random observation, but Pam looked incredible during the Lip Dub Intro. I was watching some old YouTube videos and WOW, she looked great in that scene. The straight hair does wonders for her.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-off...2018-new-cast/

Talk of bringing The Office back.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sign me right the fuck up.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Sign me right the fuck up.
    The talk is of doing it with all new characters.

Hard Pass.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    The talk is of doing it with all new characters.

Hard Pass.
    Mix of old and new.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As long as Michael doesn't come back, and Dwight, I'd be in. Loved the rest of the characters though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do without Michael or Andy. If Dwight, Creed, and Jim are in, I'm down.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will watch but I don't think this is a good idea.

I doubt Jim comes back, he is still having a decent movie career and is even directing stuff now. Plus how would you explain his return other than his business failing and if him having to return to the job he hated?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Article said Michesl is out. I'd assume Jim, Pam, Stanley, Darryl and Andy are out because they're stories seem finished. Dwight was the boss but he could have been written out. The article said they were looking to cast a new manager.

Either way, I'm excited.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Article said Michesl is out. I'd assume Jim, Pam, Stanley, Darryl and Andy are out because they're stories seem finished. Dwight was the boss but he could have been written out. The article said they were looking to cast a new manager.

Either way, I'm excited.
    Can't wait to hear all about Phyllis and Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I will watch but I don't think this is a good idea.

I doubt Jim comes back, he is still having a decent movie career and is even directing stuff now. Plus how would you explain his return other than his business failing and if him having to return to the job he hated?
    Aye, Jim is in that new movie where they can't make a noise for whatever reason

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Aye, Jim is in that new movie where they can't make a noise for whatever reason
    Is that the one where you are having sex in one room but the kids are home and asleep in theirs?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, it's called A Quiet Place, and it's a supernatural film where they can only attack you if they hear you, so the family has learned to use sign language to survive. It comes out April 8. It is also directed by Jim.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the office reboot is just a stand alone Kevin show

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ugh, I really hope this is just talk, seems like a real bad idea...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started rewatching this again, and I've just got up to the Dinner Party episode. It's so good. It might be one of the funniest episodes of TV made. Such an easy show to watch though, perfect way to switch off from anything else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So hopefully that revival talk has been put to rest? Surely they learned that the show cannot carry on successfully without Michael Scott.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Scott is probably my favourite character in anything ever. I identify with him far too much.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Plasma View Post
    Started rewatching this again, and I've just got up to the Dinner Party episode. It's so good. It might be one of the funniest episodes of TV made. Such an easy show to watch though, perfect way to switch off from anything else.

Sometimes, I just stand at my new plasma TV and watch The Office for hours.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

Simon
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just heard about a spin off from The Office about Stanley coming out of retirement to help his favorite nephew's failing business.

I'd wager this is as close to a reboot that they can do. They can bring in old Office cast members for one off guest spots.

Hopefully it'll be better than Space Force.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend The Office by Andy Greene. Quick read which is all done through interviews about the adaptation of the show from start to finish. Lots of good stuff in there that I didn’t know.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I had no idea jim wore a wig all season 3