User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office (US Version) Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't you bloody yanks just run a TV show properly?

First Lost, then Jericho, and now this too?

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ffs! I just watched the bat one, which was amazing, then i watched last weeks one which was even better.

Now theres no new one?

Bastards.

Best show on tv in my opinion though. I started laughing just reading the last page of this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This blows arse.

I like it when they take their break early, like Lost, or start late, like 24.

I must have waffles, forthwith kaiken's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
    Oh ffs! I just watched the bat one, which was amazing, then i watched last weeks one which was even better.
    Yea, we gotta wait till April for the next new batch. Damn.

And I was really impressed with how Joss Whedon directed the bats episode. I loved how he brought in little things here and there that showed his touch without ever changing anything about the show. Like an invisible hand, almost.

Simon
    Ahahahaha the intro to the latest episode was superb. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANDY'S BACK, BABY!

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiro from Heroes, THAT'S a hero. Also Bono.

Cracking episode.

Back from the Dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's laughing now?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pipity popity, give me the zopity.

Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never watched this, but love Carrell and UK Office, worth checking on DVD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest ep is probably the best ever done I reckon. Fucking loved it from start til finish.

Dwight was legendary. I'll pay for a gif of him macing Roy.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Is Jonathan View Post

YES

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Is Jonathan View Post
    If I was comparing the two, I'd say that the individual episodes of the UK version are better, but if you're willing to invest the time and effort into watching the entire three seasons (so far) of the US version, it's a superior show. The increased amount of screen time they have to build characters and relationships gives the show a greater depth. In terms of individual episodes it's not far off the UK version anyway, it's fucking brilliant.

Back from the Dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dwight is far superior to Gareth.

Simon
    Yeah, I prefer his intensity and genuine creepiness to Gareth's fairly innocent nerdiness.

Back from the Dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy: Oompa loompa, doompadee dawesome, Dwight is now gone, which is totally awesome. Why was he gone, he was such a nice guy. No, he was not, he was a total douche. Doompadee doom.

Also Creed doesn't get enough love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creed isn't funny at all. He and the alcoholic woman are really stupid, cheap characters.

Moreover, Dwight's unrealistic schtick is funny, but the realism of Gareth is far creepier. I, for one, know ten Gareths.

If I had to name characters in the US version that are 'better' than the originals, I'd say Pam and (the newly included) Toby. These are the only 'characters in the US version that approach the 'reality' of the original.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dwight pepper spraying Andy and then having Toby confiscate Dwight’s nunchaku, throwing stars, tonfa/nightstick, taser etc was one of the greatest endings ever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creed and Maredith are the little additions to the show that make it that much better. Both are hilarious when involved.

Simon
    Can someone remind me which episodes Andy turns up and leaves?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what context? He showed up in the first episode this season, but that was at the other office with Stanford office with Jim. I can't remember the exact episode where he completely lost it, though. And he "finished his anger management" this past episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creed and Maredith are the little additions to the show that make it that much worse. Both are unnecessary when involved.
    Better. Creed's okay (though completely one-dimensional), but Meredith is a single, cheap joke. We get it, she drinks.

Thankfully she seems to be basically gone now. Toby is the new character with the most depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can someone remind me which episodes Andy turns up and leaves?
    Andy was sent to anger management after the cell phone prank in the episode with the bat, coincidentally directed by Joss Whedon, called "The Return." He just came back in the most recent episode, as has already been stated.

And Creed's one of those characters that's so unapologetically insensitive, it's funny. He just doesn't care anymore. He's good for the occasional one-liner or just general weirdness in the background. His klepto schtick is always funny, come on now.

But Toby, by far, has fared the best. That one scene during Phyllis' wedding, the "Toby. YEAH!" just made my day.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New episode tonight folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grimshaw View Post
    Better. Creed's okay (though completely one-dimensional), but Meredith is a single, cheap joke. We get it, she drinks.

Thankfully she seems to be basically gone now. Toby is the new character with the most depth.
    What? Creed is amazing. "The only difference between me and a homeless guy is this job." COME ON.

Last night's episode was amazing. It was basically a fluffy, full on comedy episode with no big developments in Jim/Pam/Karen, but god that was funny stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question. What kind of bear is better?

Incorrect. The answer is black bear.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Simon
    I thought that episode was a little directionless but was funnier for it - concentrated on the jokes like Brian M. said. Jim and Dwight's impressions of each other and especially Kevin's Australian accent were hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that funny if you're Australian, trust me.

Highlights: Andy, as usual.

Lowlights: Kelly - do something with her character sometime.

Anyone who downloaded, did you pause and read Michael's cue cards? They were awesome. It was something like:

"I need this job. My mortgage is hundreds of dollars a week. I can barely afford to pay it as it is."

Simon
    The latest episode is absolutely chock-full of FANTASTIC stuff. Michael justifying his position as leader of the Women's Appreciation Society with "I know the crap out of women" was brilliant.

I was genuinely close to tears of laughter when Michael bemoans society's demand that women be "tall, skinny goddesses" by asking whether that's truly the case, looking at Phyllis and saying that they are not, before looking at Pam and saying (paraphrased) "even the hot ones aren't that skinny", before the camera pans out to show Dwight looking Pam up and down...fucking hell, that was expertly done. This show is awesome. The best show on TV at the moment.
    Last edited by Simon; May 4th, 2007 at 6:47 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Variety
    'Office' ready to face big boys
    Move to 9 on Thursdays would be bold
    By RICK KISSELL

Between "Grey's Anatomy" and "CSI," the Thursday 9 o'clock hour is already one that's responsible for a lot of TiVo use.
    But what if another popular DVR draw, "The Office," joins the party too?

It could happen next fall if NBC makes an aggressive move that would put its hottest comedy -- currently airing at 8:30 p.m. -- in the timeslot that once inhabited "Seinfeld," "Cheers" and "Frasier."

Both tonight and next Thursday, "The Office" will extend well into the 9 o'clock half-hour with "super-sized" episodes, giving Peacock programmers a chance to see how the single-camera workplace comedy fares in tougher waters prior to announcing the net's fall sked May 14.

As it is right now, NBC is competitive in the opening hour of Thursday with "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" but then drops off sharply at 9 with "30 Rock" and "Scrubs."

One schedule scenario that would strengthen the comedy block as a whole would be for the net to place its best new comedy prospect in the 8:30 slot behind "Earl," and then shift "The Office" to 9. "30 Rock" or a new show could go at 9:30.

It's a roll of the dice, but the timing is right.

In its third season, "The Office" is averaging a 4.1 rating/11 share in adults 18-49 (roughly 5.4 million viewers in this age bracket), putting it on par with Fox's "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" and, among all comedies, behind only CBS' "Two and a Half Men."

"Earl" and "The Office" aired in the 9 o'clock Thursday hour a year ago at this time, but that was before ABC made its own bold move months later by sending "Grey's Anatomy" there.

This season, the medical drama has become TV's No. 1 scripted series and regularly beats "CSI," but both shows are in the top 10.

The addition of "The Office" to the mix would make it a tough three-way choice for a lot of viewers, but each series is distinct. And we've seen examples in recent years of multiple shows working in the same timeslot (i.e., "Survivor" and "Friends" for a few years earlier this decade).

It would be an especially tough choice for adults 18-34, as the shows each rank among the season's top dozen in this age group: "Grey's" at No. 3, "CSI" at No. 10 and "The Office" at No. 12.

NBC could always shift "The Office" back to 8:30 if it takes too much of a ratings hit at 9, but it's worth the risk.

If it is to reclaim its four-laffer "Must-See" status on Thursday, the first step is having "The Office" clock in at a new time.
    Fuck NBC. Fuck them right in their throat. The Office doesn't need to be an hour and it certainly doesn't need to be thrown up against the most popular moron shows on television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Fuck NBC. Fuck them right in their throat. The Office doesn't need to be an hour and it certainly doesn't need to be thrown up against the most popular moron shows on television.
    I think you've got a little bit of a misconception here. The supersize episodes only last about ten minutes more than a regular episode. The last episode was supersized and it went to 40 minutes long, if I remember correctly. There's no mention of any hour long episodes of the Office. Though, I do question the move to 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked the last supersize episode more than the regular length ones. The plot threads had more room to breathe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy these supersized episodes, too. They're longer, but they never feel that way. They just flow so well.

And the next few episodes are gonna be supersized as well, I believe, so that's always a plus!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The season finale will be an hour. I also love these extra long episodes - how can more of The Office be a bad thing?

As for the time slot, I think The Office can contend with Grey's and CSI. It's the funniest thing on TV and a lot of people are starting to realize this. I don't watch either of those shows though so I couldn't care less.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiken View Post
    I think you've got a little bit of a misconception here. The supersize episodes only last about ten minutes more than a regular episode. The last episode was supersized and it went to 40 minutes long, if I remember correctly. There's no mention of any hour long episodes of the Office. Though, I do question the move to 9.
    Ah, well I read it off CHUD first and they mentioned it being beefed up to an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is talk of them making The Office an hour long next year along with moving it's timeslot. The show really does need to be an hour. Have you seen the DVDs? They tape a ton of extra shit, and most of it is just as funny as the stuff that makes the show. They had to leave the revelation that Andy had gone to anger management off of one episode this season because they just didn't have the time. Seemingly everyone on the cast and crew want to go to the hour, so I fail to see how it would be a bad move. If they move it to 9, I'm more confident about the show surviving. Even if it takes a hit, it will surely do better than Scrubs and 30 Rock are doing now, and it's doubtful NBC would find another show that would be more competitive in that timeslot.

Simon
    The normal episodes are 22 minutes, and the newer ones are 28 minutes...it's not that big a difference, really - certainly the extra 6 minutes doesn't seem to water down the laughs. In fact, I genuinely had no idea the last episode was longer until just now when I looked at the file size. The Office absolutely whizzes by - on current TV, only this and Peep Show have that ability to be so consistently good that I end up feeling like it's over before it's started.

It's hard to say whether going to an hour would be a good idea - that's nearly a 300% increase in show time, after all...but on the other hand, The Office is one of the few shows that never seems to have any filler, never seems to dip in quality - so maybe it could sustain that kind of time slot. Having said that, very few shows have managed to keep up the quality over a long period of time with extended shows - even my favourite show ever, Only Fools And Horses, lost a bit of its humour when it went to 48 minutes instead of 28 minutes, with more filler and drama rather than comedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just keep making more of this.

I don't care about all the other crap...just make more episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Karen sticks around for a long time. She outpoints Pam in just about every department.

Back from the Dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever said Kelly is a low point is massively wrong.

This day is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Karen sticks around for a long time. She outpoints Pam in just about every department.
    Karen-from-behind.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Whoever said Kelly is a low point is massively wrong.

This day is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
    Yeah, she's good at what she does...plus she's necessary to get the best out of Ryan.

That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask for a while - how do you lot read the relationship between Jim and Ryan? At first they seemed to get on, in fact they were friends...but then when Jim came back and saw that Ryan had taken his desk, ever since then there seems to be a friction between them - I can't work out whether they genuinely dislike each other or it's a joke between them. I'd be sure of it being the former if it wasn't for the bit in one episode where Ryan won't help Jim play a prank on Dwight, Jim says "I liked you better when you were the temp" and Ryan says ""Yeah, me too"...the way that bit happened made it seem like it was a bit of a joke, they still get on but because Ryan has more responsibility now he's not really on the same wavelength as Jim any more.

I dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ryan looks up to Jim as a cool guy, but he looks down on him, too, for two reasons:

1) He sees Jim as being 'stuck' in his job. It's the same reason Ryan looks down on EVERYONE in Dunder-Mifflin - because he's at business school and has aspirations, he thinks he's better than them (the irony, of course, is that he's just as stuck as they are), AND

2) He can see Jim's faults, and see what he's hiding - that is, he can plainly tell (like the audience) that Jim is still dying for Pam.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New ep tonight, and from the description it should be a good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode last night. It seems that the logical/obvious way to go would be to have Karen get the corporate job since we know Michael and Jim aren't going to leave the show. Then, Jim could be with Pam. But of course, all that is probably too logical/obvious.

Oh yeah, and what was Andy trying to do when he fell into the water last night? I couldn't really tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the most likely (and it would be best) scenario is none of them getting it.

They can run the tension between them for a few episodes into series 4, as the decision is made (probably a multiple interview process), and then just have them all fail. That way you get the conflict of them all going for the same job, and don't have to lose a character.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night was one of the funniest episodes this show has ever produced, I thought. Great stuff all around.

-Toby getting left behind
    -Stanley going crazy on Jim in the sumo match
    -Dwight yelling at temp, temp getting pissed
    -Angela letting Andy float away
    -Pam's speech was awesome..

And that's just the stuff I remember. Definitely gonna re-watch it as soon as I find it streamed.

Simon
    Very odd episode this week, not sure I liked it quite as much as usual...the change of location didn't suit, IMO.

Was fantastic to see Pam stand up for herself, though - one of the most sympathetic characters in any show in recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly like her more than Dawn.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, women appreciation wasn't the latest episode? I'm just catching up, btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women's Appreciation was last week. Beach Games is the one that came on last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "WIIILLLMMMMAAAA"

Cracking episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught the first couple episodes online a while ago and loved them, and always meant to watch. My friend got one of the Season 2 DVDs from blockbuster online and they were awesome. Long story short, Monday I bought Seasons 1 and 2, watched them all and last night I downloaded all of Season 3 from iTunes, after the conclusion of Season 2 I was addicted.

This is probably the funniest show I've seen in a long time and it's the first time I care about the actual relationships in the show. It's the subtlety of them, especially Jim and Pam. I can't wait for the Season finale Thursday, I only wish I started watching sooner than last Thursday.

Simon
    I'm going to be gutted when it finishes on Thursday. At least it's an extended special.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they said anything about a 4th season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've seen some information about it. There will be 24 episodes, including four one-hour episodes. And the show will be moving to the 9:00 EST time slot next season, which should put it in the same slot as Grey's Anatomy and CSI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for those who CAN'T WAIT for the season finale, here are three clips from the episode:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...2491&Itemid=99
    Last edited by Billy Jones; May 16th, 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Simon
    I'm going to wait and watch the episode instead of checking those clips, I'll make do with the hundreds of YouTube videos containing the deleted scenes and bloopers

How long is the episode going to be tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An hour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say that episode was absolutely AMAZING. Pam's reaction at the end was perfect, and Kevin and Ryan were especially awesome.

One of my favorite episodes ever, even though the first ten or so minutes were slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Pam.

You deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting more from Jim and Pam. That scene had nothing on Tim and Dawn taking off their mics and whatnot in the last episode of season 2 from the UK version.

Still a good episode though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha, fucking hell. That wink Dwight gave Pam at the 'Origins Of Paper' meeting was absolutley perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spit out the pretzel I was eating at that.

Amazing episode. I won't even pick a best bit. It was all good.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great finale. Dwight acting as the new manager was just hilarious. I thought the whole Karen revealing herself as an annoying bitch and Jim getting fed up with her/realizing how perfect Pam is sequence was very well done. The ending was funny but it definitely irked me. So Ryan got the job?? Weird. I guess he didn't tell anyone he was interviewing for it, which makes sense since he seems to hate everyone in the office. Still, he must've interviewed on a different day than the other 3, and I think it's a bit of a stretch that he would get the job considering how young he is. Whatever though, it's a comedy show and I'm sure they'll explain it in the season 4 premiere. Also I hope they show Jim withdrawing from consideration for the job and breaking up with Karen.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Jim just left Karen in New York

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didn't melt even a little when Pam turned back to the camera, you have no heart.

And maybe Ryan didn't get the job, it could have been cut in a way to make it just look like that. But odds are he's probably goin corporate, and then he'll be unprepared and have to go right back to the Annex with Kelly.

All the little things made this episode really wonderful. "Dunder-Mifflin, this is Grace." and Jim's look at that. The little medal Pam put in Jim's things, a nice little throwback to Office Olympics. The small flashbacks, and Michae's slow realization that he's gonna be there until he dies...haha. Beautiful.
    Last edited by kaiken; May 18th, 2007 at 4:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Great finale. Dwight acting as the new manager was just hilarious. I thought the whole Karen revealing herself as an annoying bitch and Jim getting fed up with her/realizing how perfect Pam is sequence was very well done. The ending was funny but it definitely irked me. So Ryan got the job?? Weird. I guess he didn't tell anyone he was interviewing for it, which makes sense since he seems to hate everyone in the office. Still, he must've interviewed on a different day than the other 3, and I think it's a bit of a stretch that he would get the job considering how young he is. Whatever though, it's a comedy show and I'm sure they'll explain it in the season 4 premiere. Also I hope they show Jim withdrawing from consideration for the job and breaking up with Karen.
    They did explain it. He has an MBA. Cha-ching.

Alf
    That was television poetry.

Pam's face was brilliant. I'm in love with Pam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there was one flaw in this episode, it was the character assassination of Karen. The whole time they played the Jim/Karen/Pam scenario as: Karen's nice, but she's just unlucky because Jim and Pam are in love.

In this episode, they all of a sudden made her a complete bitch - just so there wouldn't be any ambiguity for their big moment. I think it would have been much more significant if Jim had left Karen WITHOUT her giving him so many reasons to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grimshaw View Post
    In this episode, they all of a sudden made her a complete bitch - just so there wouldn't be any ambiguity for their big moment. I think it would have been much more significant if Jim had left Karen WITHOUT her giving him so many reasons to do so.
    I don't think they completely made out Karen's character to be a bitch. In her particular situation, I think she's behaving logically. She views Pam as a rival now, more than ever. And she's threatened, of course she'll lash out a little. Yea, it kinda sucks that she just took off and left Jim and that might have helped seal the deal. But I still don't think she's a bitch, she's just not Pam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a bit more to it than that.

Her talk with Jim about moving to New York to be together was painting her as aggressive and overbearing. Her laughing at Jan's meltdown made her look cold and insensitive.

She was clearly painted as 'heel' in the episode.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody else catch the "what the Office did on their summer vacation" short?

Pretty good stuff. Ryan: "I don't remember much about Scranton...I think I dated a black chick."
    Jim's story about Michael's "Jimmy phase."
    Creed: "I have grandkids. AND kids!"
    Stanley: (blank stare). "I'm still here."
    Karen: "Oh, I went to a few museums, went to a few restaurants...oh, and Jim dumped my ass and left my crying by a fountain in New York."
    Michael: "Jan made me see Y Tu Mama Tambien. Which means Throw Momma from the Tambien."

home is where the heart is, so your real home's in your chest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anywhere I can see this online?

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It should be on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

That is if you're talking about the summer vacation thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, anyone pick up the Office season 3 LE box at Best Buy?
    Just picked mine up on Tuesday. It came with a little Welcome to Dunder-Mifflin note from Michael Scott, a mini-bobblehead of Dwight and a Dundie Award. All very cool stuff.

And the extra features were all great. I've never really watched any features on DVDs, but the deleted scenes and little extras were really awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit, I want that. Is it exclusive to that one chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    It should be on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

That is if you're talking about the summer vacation thing.
    Thanks for that.
    Last edited by The Great Dave; September 6th, 2007 at 7:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Dave View Post
    Shit, I want that. Is it exclusive to that one chain?
    Yea, unfortunately. As far as I know, in North America, it's a Best Buy Exclusive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look on eBay and it's around £40 to get it here, which is a bit much...Hopefully it'll still be around in a few months a little cheeper.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    figured I'd bump this thread and remind everyone the new season starts thursday.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES! FIRST FOUR EPISODES ARE AN HOUR LONG!

Can't wait.

An Instant Classic BlackShadow215's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great show. My favorite sitcom in quite sometime.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had always said that I would be a faithful fan of the British version, however, an ill week or so spent in bed watching every single episode of this online has made me re-evaluate things.
    This show is just brilliant. It doesnt have the dry subtlety of the UK version, but bloody hell, taking it on its own merit, its astounding.
    Very glad to hear a new series is on the way.

Im in love with Pam.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tonight's the night, fellas. wh00t.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't think it was one of the better episodes but still very funny.

"The french fry bag was all scratched up" hahahahaha Dwight put her cat in the freezer while still alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Well, I didn't think it was one of the better episodes but still very funny.

"The french fry bag was all scratched up" hahahahaha Dwight put her cat in the freezer while still alive.
    Haha, actually what happened was Dwight gave the cat a bunch of anti-histamines till it went to sleep. Then he put it in the freezer where it then woke up, threw up and scratched up all the bags.

It's just that much weirder and funnier now. haha.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Morale of the office : Pam is still hot.

I thought it was a really long episode myself. Still good, but probably shouldn't have been an "hour" episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand the British version. I don't see any part of it being more sophisticated or witty. I like Gervais in stand up or radio but neither The Office or Extras really did much for me. Extras was decent.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was a weak return at best. There were a few good moments, and the IT guy is great, but meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Dave View Post
    I can't stand the British version. I don't see any part of it being more sophisticated or witty. I like Gervais in stand up or radio but neither The Office or Extras really did much for me. Extras was decent.
    I wonder what it's like for you to live in opposite world...

In real life Extras is an awful Curb rip off, Gervais as a stand up is extremely poor and on the radio he is completely ignorant. While the British Office is one of the most innovative, genius comedy series of all time.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy chotliwala's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy on the Jim/Pam and Dwight/Angela. I can understand the first, but I'm much more a fan of the second when it's more secretive. Hopefully we get more Ryan/Kelly and Michael/Jan. Wow there's a lot of couples in this show.

Good episode and glad as fuck to have it back, but I would have been fine with it ending when the documentary crew followed Pam out of the parking lot. And Kevin was hilarious. Sad we didn't get a "Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration" but there's lots more time for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit underwhelming to be honest. Amazing first 30 seconds with him suddenly hitting Meredith but after that it just seemed to drag.

Sure it will pick up, though. Hurrah for Jim and Pam being together also!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, you guys weren't that into this episode? I thought it was hysterical. So many funny little things.

"Well if you want to pigeonhole me by my religion, I'm Sikh. But I also enjoy rap music, NPR and I've got a Chevy in my garage that I've been working on for a while now."

"..OK so one Sikh..."

The first quote isn't word for word, but you guys saw the episode, so you know what I'm talking about. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really funny first episode to have back. I think that's the thing with first episodes in series , it's never going to be an "OMG BESSIE EPISODE EVA" because it has to focus on the setting up of the story more than the comedy. Despite that there were some really good classic office moments in it and I very much enjoyed the episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good episode but it felt slightly too long at an hour. Past Week's Curb was definitely better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like the episode. Bad return, but still a good show. I hope they get rid of their fascination with hour long episodes.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy chotliwala's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the next three are all hour long episodes. Not their fault though as NBC were the ones that asked for it. And I think there is one more later on, most likely the season finale.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It wasn't a bad episode, just slightly disappointing. I think we all just had really high expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had absurdly high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. I also love that they're doing so many hour shows. I always thought they could make this show an hour long because all the deleted scenes are hysterical, and they tape about 40 minutes worth of material for the 22 minute episodes.

Simon
    Watching this in fifteen minutes or so. Can't fucking wait, honestly. Probably my favourite show of the past few years.