Thread: The WWE Signing/Release thread

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    If the 2 rumored AEW signings are true is that as big as Nash/Hall jumping?
    I would say so. Their popularity is bigger though Hall/Nash were more in their physical prime when they jumped. Obviously who knows how it's turns out, but it's pretty darn big, especially considering the rumor that they aren't necessarily going for money but for creative fulfillment.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

It’s def a big deal from a PR standpoint. From an actual performance standpoint, I doubt it. Punk hasn’t wrestled in 7 years. And while DB has been much more active, it’s very different where WCW was able to take two guys, one a main eventer player, the other an upper mid carder on the cusp of the top of the card. Plus, if you take their ages and where everyone was in their physical prime, WCW could’ve had the full prime of their careers theoretically. While both Punk and DB aren’t that much older than Nash and Hall were when they jumped, the wear and tear seems to be much different. Again, Punk has been out of the ring for a while, and DB has had to change styles to avoid concussions.

Not saying those two can’t have great matches anymore, I just don’t feel it’s the same as Hall and Nash.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Punk seems to have kept himself in good shape. If he has indeed signed with aew I'd say he has already been training back in the ring for months.

Bryan on the other hand could be worrisome. Obviously this is just my opinion but he has been wanting to get back to new Japan for a while and I could definitely see him pushing himself in the heat of the moment in a match where he could hurt himself again.

As far as impact goes it's going to be big. As big as Nash and Hall? There's a possibility. The mistake aew can learn from wcw is to have all their ducks in a row. Back when hall and Nash debuted there was a whole lot of boring trash on nitro. A whole lot. If aew can book an entertaining show from top to bottom they may catch on fire.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I would also say Punk has the best chance of staying healthy. AEW is a very brutal balls-to-the-wall style with less restrictions than WWE and I’d be more concerned about it being a risk for Bryan. It’s exciting but also at times wincing while watching when they do dangerous shit like Tombstones off the top rope. On another note I kinda hate how those get kicked out of and they’ve become signature after being an iconic finisher for Taker over the years.

There are lots of great possibilities with them working with Cody, Moxley and Omega et al

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian has been wrestling pretty safe so far. I think the most dangerous match he was in was against Hobbs. I don't see Brian going in and immediately doing suicide dives.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the 2 rumored AEW signings are true is that as big as Nash/Hall jumping?
    No.

Just a completely different set of circumstances. This is more like when Sting and Christian showed up in TNA. Now I know Sting was in TNA for a few spots early early on, but they played it off like he had been out for 5-6 years. Christian wasn't exactly a former World champion main eventing WM but he was still Christian, a game changer, and he delivered in TNA as a top guy. But even that's a stretch comparison.

So yeah, I have to say no to this being like Hall & Nash. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Christian has been wrestling pretty safe so far. I think the most dangerous match he was in was against Hobbs. I don't see Brian going in and immediately doing suicide dives.
    Suicide dives aren't as dangerous as these headdropping suplexes and shit that these cats enjoy doing with zero regard. Even Bryan had Luke Harper give him a half-nelson suplex on his head when he returned the first time, just to see if he could take it. But I have faith in him, he's one of the best in-ring wrestlers of the modern era hands down.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big Christian fan, but both Punk and Bryan showing up would be several steps ahead of that.

Christian was not a perennial main eventer in WWE at the time. He was a second tier guy, I kinda wish it wasn't true, but it is.

Bryan and Punk are beyond that. Bryan was in one of the most memorable mania moments of the last several years. Punk had one of biggest "I remember where I was when i watched this moments of the past 20". You can't write them off as having not succeeded in WWE.

In addition, the narrative is unique. Both are associated with fan movements, and the anti-establishment section of the fanbase. For neither one, can you write it off as being "about the money". This would be two of the biggest fan-pushed stars that WWE had joining the competition because they preferred it. That's bigger than Christian and Sting.

Does that mean I want to put it on the level of Hall/Nash? No.

Hall/Nash were both near their primes. Big Free Agent movement was still not the a thing that was acknowledged in a modern way. That type of acknowledgement was more mind-blowing back then. Additionally, we have the benefit of hindsight. It was the launching point of one of the most significant storylines in Wrestling History, and presented the biggest non-wwe developments since WWE was created.

So when we say bigger than, that's a pretty fucking high hurdle. Things that are pretty random (injuries, etc), and predictable factors like writing being a bit off can derail these things so quick. So, I'm not betting on almost anything surpassing the NWO angle.

however, I do think it has potential to be the biggest non-wwe development in wrestling since Hall/Nash, and would be one of the few wrestling based developments that I actually think could really hurt WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurt WWE how though? Do you think there's a big chunk of the existing WWE audience that have been waiting for the return of CM Punk to call it a day or are holding out to call it a day once the YES movement reaches Khanland?

I don't think you can hurt WWE. They don't have great ratings in comparison to the Austin-Rock era, but they also make way more money than they ever did during the era of 8-9 million watching WCW and WWF every week.

I'm very excited to see the return of CM Punk and I'm excited to see what Bryan can do outside of WWE just like I was excited to see him work for WWE when he left ROH. Same with CM Punk. The old man in me wishes we could have a Hall-Nash type moment but holy shit that was 25 years ago lol. Imagine in 1996 wishing for something from 1971 to happen on Raw/Nitro. It's impossible to replicate Hall and Nash showing in WCW. There were so many different factors that can't be replicated and haven't been replicated since.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hurt WWE how though? Do you think there's a big chunk of the existing WWE audience that have been waiting for the return of CM Punk to call it a day or are holding out to call it a day once the YES movement reaches Khanland?

I don't think you can hurt WWE. They don't have great ratings in comparison to the Austin-Rock era, but they also make way more money than they ever did during the era of 8-9 million watching WCW and WWF every week.

I'm very excited to see the return of CM Punk and I'm excited to see what Bryan can do outside of WWE just like I was excited to see him work for WWE when he left ROH. Same with CM Punk. The old man in me wishes we could have a Hall-Nash type moment but holy shit that was 25 years ago lol. Imagine in 1996 wishing for something from 1971 to happen on Raw/Nitro. It's impossible to replicate Hall and Nash showing in WCW. There were so many different factors that can't be replicated and haven't been replicated since.
    I don't think you can hurt WWE in "take them out" way. I also don't want to treat them as organizationally immortal, since we've seen large corps fall. But I kinda digress.

I don't AEW takes out WWE. And I'm with you. Its a different model than 1996. Less about total viewership and more about live and dedicated viewers, in a an increasingly segmented market.

Now, i do think Punk and Bryan have the potential to help move AEW past WWE in certain segments of the core demographic. They also have the potential to move some of WWE's core viewership to watching AEW fist. And since ratings are lower, you can move a smaller amount of people to have a higher percentage kick. If WWE becomes second choice viewing or less important for some percentage, then they would feel it.

And for all our (justified) talk of ratings decrease in importance, we'd not say that there was none. They still freak out if they're too too low (in comparison to last year-not to 96).

I don't want to overstate, I'm not predicting AEW beats WWE in November, but I do think these two guys have built enough passionate fanbase in the WWE (at time of leaving they had some of the most devoted fans) that some segment of the population could tweak to AEW preference. Not enough for a knockout blow or anything silly. But enough where they feel it, and acknowledge the impact.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd be an idiot to say that there won't be any shift whatsoever, that not even 1 fan will say "you know I'm done with WWE now that Daniel Bryan and Punk are in AEW" because I'm sure it'll happen.

I don't even know what the core demographics of pro wrestling are.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just wondering who's going to be the first major AEW talent to leave and go to WWE. Wasn't it Chris Harris for TNA to WWE?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, I remember the Wildcat that was Braden Walker.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm just wondering who's going to be the first major AEW talent to leave and go to WWE. Wasn't it Chris Harris for TNA to WWE?
    Monty Brown was the first, I think.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Monty Brown was the first, I think.
    What about Frankie Kazarian? Remember when he was like the GOAT of Velocity? Then they asked him to cut his hair, he said no and quit. Then returned to TNA with short hair like a fucking mark.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd be an idiot to say that there won't be any shift whatsoever, that not even 1 fan will say "you know I'm done with WWE now that Daniel Bryan and Punk are in AEW" because I'm sure it'll happen.

I don't even know what the core demographics of pro wrestling are.
    And I'm not sure how many it takes to really hurt anymore.

If something badly hurts WWE in the next 10-20 years, I don't think it will be a Hall/Nash moment. i think it will be death by 1000 cuts.

And I'm not sure, long-term, Peacock isn't one of those cuts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think AEW/WWE are in direct competition right now, AEW is Weds or Thursday and Raw and SD are Monday and Friday. So its not like people have to only watch one like during the Monday night wars. I’ll check out Raw and Sd (mostly sd) and i will check to see what Punk and Bryan are doing (punk mostly). Neither is going to lose me as a viewer unless the product is garbage (mostly raw).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think AEW/WWE are in direct competition right now, AEW is Weds or Thursday and Raw and SD are Monday and Friday. So its not like people have to only watch one like during the Monday night wars. I’ll check out Raw and Sd (mostly sd) and i will check to see what Punk and Bryan are doing (punk mostly). Neither is going to lose me as a viewer unless the product is garbage (mostly raw).
    I'd say they're definitely in competition, but not directly. Being on different days means very little these days as the wheels continue to turn all throughout the week for both shows, be it on social media or youtube or whatever. And while folks can watch or not watch whatever they want, there's always going to be fans that endlessly sling mud back and forth. Regardless of logic. Personally, I'd say Punk and Bryan both going to AEW would send out a massive shockwave slightly comparable to seeing Hall and Nash in WCW. Not as oomfy, but still massive. They should both go for it, fuck it all and make a giant noise.

Right now, WWE is just so bad at the end of the day. It hasn't been my cup of tea for years now and it really needs to change itself from within if it's ever going to shift towards being watchable. The roster is there and is the best it's ever been, but from the ground up the show itself has needed an overhaul.

On the flip side, AEW needs to learn how to keep their bigger stars' flames burning because it seems like once SO AND SO debuts... their flame is dimmed in a month or so. If Bryan/Punk were to debut, they can't be feuding w/ The Blade.

If they do turn up in AEW, then WWE should definitely be worried. Nobody's going to be stoked about Goldberg vs. Lashley.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bray Wyatt gone.

wwe tweeted and deleted it, but SRS has confirmed it

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Insanity. No Wyatt family members left in WWE.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And now WWE have tweeted it again.

I can’t ever recall a Saturday release like this without extenuating circumstances.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Insanity. No Wyatt family members left in WWE.
    Randy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Randy.
    True. Thus is more shocking than Strowman.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a gosh dang waste.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kinda wild that this dude created a whole new gimmick for himself, got it over, they botch most of his booking and then give his gimmick to someone else and release him.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wyatt is one of the WWE’s worst misfires in my opinion. I think he could have been much, much more successful as a gimmick.

The moment the Wyatt family stood across from the Shield on that one Raw in 2014 was magnificent.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am John Cena fan. I think John is one of the best performers wwe has ever had and he deserves a spot amongst the all-times of the industry.

John Cena beating Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania 30 is one of the biggest mistakes this company has ever made. Ever.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow. This is crazy. I wonder if the rumors are true about him taking Brodie Lee's death really hard and maybe his heart just isn't in wrestling right now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree on Bray being one of WWE's biggest misfires ever. They had pure fucking gold when he debuted, but they turned him into a jobber to the stars and turned him into a stupid ass zombie clown.

It sounds like he needs to focus on his mental health and filter out all this mess. Hopefully some day he makes a return with a clean slate and healthy focus.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grain of salt...but Meltzer says he Wyatt was told his release was due to budget cuts. He had been preparing to return in August.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Wow…I’m stunned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt Bray one of if not the top merch seller?

If its a budget issue cut Corbin, Tamina and some other waste of space. Really fucked up that the gave his gimmick to Alexa.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is WWE serious right now? WTF are they thinking?! WWE tossing out their top guys like they're pieces of trash. Unbelievable

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Crazy. Fuck. Crazy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Fuck WWE and fuck McMahon.

WWE - We Waste Entertainers

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Randolph - really angry, needlessly determined on launching personal hatred

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Crazy. Fuck. Crazy.
    The Fiend was a license to print money. And they probably still will. He could have been, and was on a projection to be, their next Undertaker character. But they insisted on doing things to ruin him. And this isn't even hindsight, as many have said this when it was going on. That HIAC being the true turning point for many. I am curious if they tone down the Alexa Fiend even more now, and eventually just drop it. They could get mileage out of making a show of her burning the Lily doll and wiping off the make up or something. But they're not going to do it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    D.o.n.a.l.d. - damn online nerd apple litmus donkey

Ha. Beat ya at your own game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing against Alexa but I hope the fans shit on Alexa’s playground going forward and chant “ we want Wyatt” during those segments.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Either Vince McMahon is looking to sell the company or they truly believe that Talent is an extreme second in importance to the brand itself. I guess Vince really doesn't see aew as competition.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    90 days would be October 29th, if it is just budget cut reasons.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to say I’m shocked but in all honesty nothing surprises me with their releases anymore.

Such great potential to be one of the top players but their booking of him was astoundingly bad. Particularly HIAC and Oldberg.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The crowd in Chicago is gonna be volatile.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were smart they would of released him before going back to live crowds.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were smart they would of released him before going back to live crowds.
    it's cute that you think they care.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the fans will care enough to get him brought back like they did with Matt Hardy after Edge and Lita.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if the fans will care enough to get him brought back like they did with Matt Hardy after Edge and Lita.
    Worked well for cm punk

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the news while at work earlier. Pretty shocked but have to admit, after a lot of the recent releases, not as shocked as I could have been. My immediate thought was that he'd asked for it. he's been outspoken about his mental health and there was the rumor about Brodie passing, so I thought maybe he opted to punch out for a bit. But budget cuts is some bullshit. They've fumbled the dude a million times and never got a handle on how to use him, buttloads of mismanaged potential. Preferred the Family era of him myself, The Fiend stuff has been hit or miss but at least it freshened him up and kept things interesting, even if they fumbled it almost straight out the gate, too. I haven't really been much of a fan of him for awhile but I certainly think the dude is talented as all hell and will absolutely be a star wherever he goes. If AEW snag him along with Bryan and Punk, seems to me they could really be legit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I wonder if Bray Wyatt realized he was preparing Alexa Bliss to be his replacement?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked well for cm punk
    That wasn’t because WWE didnt want Punk, Punk didn’t want WWE.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Da fuk? Between this and the cubs it's been a hell of a few days.

So 90 days until "the family" shows up on aew?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Saw the news while at work earlier. Pretty shocked but have to admit, after a lot of the recent releases, not as shocked as I could have been. My immediate thought was that he'd asked for it. he's been outspoken about his mental health and there was the rumor about Brodie passing, so I thought maybe he opted to punch out for a bit. But budget cuts is some bullshit. They've fumbled the dude a million times and never got a handle on how to use him, buttloads of mismanaged potential. Preferred the Family era of him myself, The Fiend stuff has been hit or miss but at least it freshened him up and kept things interesting, even if they fumbled it almost straight out the gate, too. I haven't really been much of a fan of him for awhile but I certainly think the dude is talented as all hell and will absolutely be a star wherever he goes. If AEW snag him along with Bryan and Punk, seems to me they could really be legit.
    meltzer and fightful have confirmed that Wyatt was told he was being cut due to the budget.

Bray was recently photographed and looked to be in great shape. Supposedly he was set to return in August.
    Last edited by Hero!; July 31st, 2021 at 7:59 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Heartbreaking stuff.

He also replied to this post with never say never before so maybe he'll do something like this for his future character.
    https://twitter.com/JesseKage/status...936932357?s=19

This is also on instagram, not sure if it's new or not.
    Last edited by Bert; July 31st, 2021 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my all time favorites. It'll be interesting to see what he does next.

I'm shocked at how many Bray Wyatt fans are suddenly sprouting up after his release.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How soon until "Gray Byatt" is #AllElite?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bray Wyverizon

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyverizon
    AEW is calling you @Donald, don’t fight it. We shall leave you a crumbtail of cookies in the bedsheet if we need to like like what Foley planned for DDP

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like he's just going to be called Windham.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if he'll come up with something completely unique that won't be a continuation of what he was already doing. On one hand it wouldn't hurt AEW to have something original but on the other, really the only thing original they have on their tv show is the Dark Order and it's without question, without debate, that it's the worst shit in wrestling. Mainly because of the platform it's given. TK REALLLLLY wants that to work. It's terrible.

And there are so many clueless people out there going "Oh I hope he's going to be the new leader" and I'm like why? Why should he lower himself? It'd be like if Kevin Nash left WWF in 1996 to go lead the Dungeon of Doom as Oz.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    AEW is calling you @Donald, don’t fight it. We shall leave you a crumbtail of cookies in the bedsheet if we need to like like what Foley planned for DDP
    AEW just isn't my cup of tea.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW just isn't my cup of tea.
    So what you're saying is that it takes more than just using established talent from 15 other organizations to get you to become a fan of AEW???

The gatekeeping that's going on with certain fans in wrestling, especially AEW, is getting ridiculous.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was a fan before Moxley even came over. Ex-WWE talent being used well is just a bonus.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what you're saying is that it takes more than just using established talent from 15 other organizations to get you to become a fan of AEW???

The gatekeeping that's going on with certain fans in wrestling, especially AEW, is getting ridiculous.
    I just think I'm losing interest in wrestling in general.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What in the actual fuck. Hey lets can one of our biggest merch movers!

This company. AEW must be loving this. Punk, Bryan, Wyatt?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like Adam Cole’s deal might be up too. Nothing official, just some news from Raj Giri that SRS seems to have be confirming.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Raj is also stating that a “major name” has asked for and been granted release. Says we should hear about it later today.

im very curious

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Raj is also stating that a “major name” has asked for and been granted release. Says we should hear about it later today.

im very curious
    Nxt or wwe. He didn't word it very clearly.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently he tweeted a follow up and said it's not a full time wrestler. Doesn't specify if it's a part time wrestler, a producer, a commentator, etc. Just not a full time wrestler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Cole could be gone? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be the King/JR reunion that the people are clamoring for.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I was a fan before Moxley even came over. Ex-WWE talent being used well is just a bonus.
    Fan of what? They had zero shows before he showed up. So you were just simply a fan of the idea?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    What people? lol. If it's King/JR from 1998 sure. They would not be a good fit for this product. AEW needs a Mike Tenay/Don West type combo. 2 things that really suck about AEW is the commentary and women's division.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fan of what? They had zero shows before he showed up. So you were just simply a fan of the idea?
    Lol I guess so. I thought they had more shows before he showed up. Who was next? Matt Hardy?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What people? lol. If it's King/JR from 1998 sure. They would not be a good fit for this product. AEW needs a Mike Tenay/Don West type combo. 2 things that really suck about AEW is the commentary and women's division.
    All the people. If there's one way to capture the magic of the 90s, its by bringing back everyone 30 years later.

JR/King for...the people.

Do you hear the people sing? It is the song of angry Fans.
    It is the music of a people who the Attitude era again.

When the typing of their keys echoes the beating of your heart
    There is a show about to start when JR and King come

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Cole could be gone? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS
    Dude, I'm already buying the party decorations...

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it would just be sad now. I remember the Raw special just feeling sorry for them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I guess so. I thought they had more shows before he showed up. Who was next? Matt Hardy?
    Swagger I think.

All the people. If there's one way to capture the magic of the 90s, its by bringing back everyone 30 years later.

JR/King for...the people.

Do you hear the people sing? It is the song of angry Fans.
    It is the music of a people who the Attitude era again.

When the typing of their keys echoes the beating of your heart
    There is a show about to start when JR and King come
    lol

Dude, I'm already buying the party decorations...
    That's hilarious. You better not be going all out I expect generic salmon colored decorations from the Dollar Tree. Baybay

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's hilarious. You better not be going all out I expect generic salmon colored decorations from the Dollar Tree. Baybay
    You can pick up some ice cream, just get a small vanilla.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Adam Coke slander is a damn shame.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Vince McMahon is sending all this talent off into the wrestling world with the idea that they will bring eyes to the product and make things great again.

Most fans are like, what's GCW? Oh Zack Ryder is wrestling there? He's one of the best WWE has ever had, let me check that promotion out. What's this new promotion, AEW? Oh Cody Rhodes is there? He's a former Intercontinental Champion, that promotion must be awesome, I'll check it out. Mike and Maria Kanellis, possibly the best couple the WWE has ever seen are in ROH? You can count me in watching that shit. Aiden English, arguably the best talker in the past 15 years is in Impact? Man, I thought Impact died but hey I'll check it out too!

Vince is sending these people out, having them trash WWE in interviews, because he wants the challenge of building WWE to be the best, as it once was.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I win Royal Rumble GOD, your new name will be ColeBabay4eva

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ric Flair is no longer with WWE.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt anyone is saying Zack Ryder is one of the best WWE ever had.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far from it in fact.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if WWE release all these wrestlers, they all end up in AEW. WWE sells up and then the very next night on AEW Vince walks out - It was me all along...

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it all prep for selling the company to NBC? I just can’t see Vince doing that though…

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ric Flair is who asked for and was granted his release.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's who is going to beat Kenny Omega. Nice!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even New York Vanilla with that off white color lol

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ric Flair is who asked for and was granted his release.
    Yeah that tracks with what people on Reddit were guessing. I read a shit load of comments of people saying it was Brock and he was AEW bound. Made me laugh.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Yeah that tracks with what people on Reddit were guessing. I read a shit load of comments of people saying it was Brock and he was AEW bound. Made me laugh.
    A lot of people were running with that idea including Konnan and Disco's podcast. I was like, no way dude. Lesnar isn't a mark like that.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some guy I know who kinda sounds like Scott Hall is reporting that its the Boogedy Man.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Flair gonna get back into the podcast game?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Flair gonna get back into the podcast game?
    I wonder what kind of contract he even had with WWE. It must've been pretty relaxed as he's always doing these commercials and appearances now. Maybe it was preventing him doing a podcast or something of that nature. I used to listen to his show with Conrad all the time.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think we'll see Charlotte out soon too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll see Charlotte out soon too.
    I don't know. I feel like it does Charlotte a disservice, especially as a woman, that ever since Andrade left people have assumed she was going to follow.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. I feel like it does Charlotte a disservice, especially as a woman, that ever since Andrade left people have assumed she was going to follow.
    I agree with this. Charlotte is in a different sphere than Andrade. Or really even guys like Braun and Bray.

Its a huge gap to think that she would place Andrade's career over her own.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could see her getting to a point where she's satisfied financially and wants to broaden her wrestling horizons elsewhere.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, but I just wonder what she gets out of it. Other than people making the Andrade connection. She can main event wrestlemania periodically. She's gets more exposure than she would anywhere else. And she's talked about having interests outside of wrestling.

She's not in a CM Punk place where she can't take time off if she wants it.

Obviously, Charlotte will do whatever the hell she wants to, but I think she could easily go the John Cena/Randy Orton route.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with this. Charlotte is in a different sphere than Andrade. Or really even guys like Braun and Bray.

Its a huge gap to think that she would place Andrade's career over her own.
    I look at Charlotte the same way I look at the staples of the men's division. Cena, Orton, I think it would take a lot for WWE to release her and I think it would take more than her being financially secure to want to leave.

She doesn't have many options outside of the WWE. Aside from Stardom, which is an all-women's promotion, where would she go? I wouldn't be negative to seeing her wrestle some of the talent in Impact as they're the only decent promotion that's co-ed with a good women's roster. But if she never wrestles Havok I won't lose sleep. She has a laundry list of talent she's either never worked with or barely worked with in the WWE. Just look at NXT right now and the women that are getting called up as we speak.