User Tag List

Thread: Fantasy Booking: How would you have killed off the nWo?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasy Booking: How would you have killed off the nWo?

Many of us agree that the nWo lasted longer than it probably should have. I think there are ways they could have made it a staple of WCW programming but that's for another thread down the road. But how would YOU have booked the demise of the New World Order?

I like what they did from the start all the way to Starrcade 1997. Here's where I would have taken it:

Sting wins "clean". I would have had Bret as a ringside enforcer and he makes the 3 count. Hogan disputes the call and that sets up a rematch with Hogan and Sting at Souled Out where Sting wins and moving on to a "the real world champion" feud against Bret Hart.

Nash would then start to question Hogan's leadership and we still get the split. Only we don't get 2 nWo's, we just get Hogan leading the nWo, and Nash forming a stable of defectors simply calling it "Wolfpac" . The 2 factions meet at War Games, with Nash's stable going over with the stipulation being if Nash won, the New World Order would disband and be no more.

So you would still have a "red and black" stable so to speak, but it's only purpose would be to kill the nWo altogether.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've ended it in a War Games match in mid '98. By that point the nWo would've been going through a rough patch and culled most of their lower members as a result, hiking the blame on them. So we'd be left with a 4 or 5 member group consisting the bigger stars. Will lead up to a final battle at Bash at the Beach '98 two years after the New World Order formed. Goldberg going over Hogan for the belt on the last Nitro before the Bash and defending it against Hennig in the co-main event at the Bash still goes down.

Sting submits Hall in a WCW vs. nWo War Games with the bookend of Sting as the cornerstone and savior of WCW over Hall as the initial invader.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sting should have done it. Pretty much single handedly. I didnt even like WCW at the time but that *Sting is watching the NWO* shit was goosebumps.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was boring watching that fat ass Sting come busting in on our heroes of the new World order as they tried courageously to cleanse the blight of WCW from the wrestling landscape week after week, into month after month...

Is this fat ass Crow rip off ever going to wrestle or just commit felony assault week after week, month after month?
    Some hero - Can't even wrestle a match, just use a baseball bat, and not even very well at that.

I thought having him lose to Hogan at Starcade was the ultimate swerve, just great waking up to tune into Nitro to watch and find out about that night (sorry ppv was out of my league prior to $9.99) Of course, I would've made it clean or controversial with help, not a quick count that wasn't quick...

God, I'm weary writing this, let alone using my limited brain power to think about wrestling booking scenarios from 20 years ago......

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice objective opinion with somebody who has NWO opinion in their name lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sting left Starrcade with the belt, after the match was restarted.

So what made you so happy, upon waking up, in your memory?

Also, you woke up to watch Nitro?

Worst troll post ever

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think the seeds should have been planted after a Starcadde 97 of a NWO Civil War. Hall & Nash vs Hogan. Let them do their thing while Sting is champ. Let the NWO have Hall be champ then have Goldberg destroy him. Then do a WarGames to end it a month later. Honestly, we should have WarGames end every faction feud like Invasion.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should have ended when Sting beat Hogan in WCW, and I don't mean after that botched/not botched first pin. I remember seeing that as a kid and being confused because the 3 count seemed totally fine. Hogan hits the leg drop, pins Sting clean... then Bret comes out and restarts the match? Bollocks.

Sting taking the belt off Hogan should have begun the beginning of the NWO fizzling out, but... we got years of fluff. NWO turns into NWO white and NWO red, w/ NWO white having nothing but jobbers and NWO red having pretty much the entire top roster. I knew there was a legit problem when there were literally dozens of guys in NWO shirts in the ring and Hogan was wearing baggy jeans.

But lord those Sting vs. NWO days were some of the best times to be a wrestling fan.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite one was where all the Sting clones came after the NWO who were taking them out. Bagwell then slugs the real Sting then turns away grinning thinking it's another clone before he reveals himself.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Vampiro should have somehow put Hogan in a coffin. even if it were Hogan's red and yellow nWo-reformed corpse. That would have been a good way to end the nWo when Vampiro was getting over as one of the main faces in WCW.
    Fantasy booking is not my thing...

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never saw it in WCW, but I would have potentially looked at WWF turning them all 'face after WrestleMania 18 as even Nash and Hall were incredibly charismatic.

You had some seriously strong heels at the time like Undertaker, Jericho, Angle and just any of those combinations with Hall, Nash and Hogan would have been heaps of fun. I think doing that and then potentially having them work down the line with other hot heels like Benoit, Lesnar, Guerrero and even the Un-Americans would have given them a bit of mileage for a while.

I think it would have been beneficial to feed them to a younger heel stable to get them over more and give them a bit more star-power, however the only real stable that I can think of at this stage is Evolution in the following year and the Cabinet in the next.. but Orton, Batista, Cena, Shelty-B (okay, maybe not) were all on the rise and potentially could have benefitted from more of a rub.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too funny when I write something in character and somebody tells me I'm factually wrong and sends me bad reputation comments to that effect.

Note to those who don't get it: it's called satire.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    It's too funny when I write something in character and somebody tells me I'm factually wrong and sends me bad reputation comments to that effect.

Note to those who don't get it: it's called satire.
    The mistake you made was thinking that any of us come here wondering who's being honest and who's being a "character". Gimmick posting isn't satire, and again, nobody knows you well enough to care to ask "Hey, are you being serious all the time with your ultra shit talk or is this just you having fun?"

It's not that serious, but we're all grown adults and gimmick posting is lame. Most just take what people post at face value and don't wonder which posts are "in character" and which ones aren't. This isn't WWE wrestlers on twitter buddy.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seemed a bit too detailed to be gimmick posting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The mistake you made was thinking that any of us come here wondering who's being honest and who's being a "character". Gimmick posting isn't satire, and again, nobody knows you well enough to care to ask "Hey, are you being serious all the time with your ultra shit talk or is this just you having fun?"

It's not that serious, but we're all grown adults and gimmick posting is lame. Most just take what people post at face value and don't wonder which posts are "in character" and which ones aren't. This isn't WWE wrestlers on twitter buddy.
    It should be.... anything to try to add a little levity, the way some of you go on on droning seriously about rasslin like it's a review of the JFK Assassination or something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Seemed a bit too detailed to be gimmick posting.
    Imagine needing a life so bad that you have to anylaze a guy stuck in bed with a terminal disease to have to shit all over his motives.

Sorry fail.

Now you have a wonderful day as you go about shitting on others today in your further faulty judgements.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i am sure he woke up and had the dire need to find someone with a terminal illness just to shit on a guy's gimmick on a wrestling message board.

that's like.... every saturday for me.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I used to think terminal illnesses occured only in airports.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be.... anything to try to add a little levity, the way some of you go on on droning seriously about rasslin like it's a review of the JFK Assassination or something.
    To be honest my friend the over top negativity you shine on wrestling 99% of the time makes me think you're taking this shit too seriously lol. I'll take people who are seriously invested in something they enjoy over someone who's 30+ pretending to be whatever the fuck it is you're doing. Pretending to be a useless troll? Wow, how does that work in real life?

Because that's what I want to read about in my threads.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't really know WCW nWo all too well, timeline wise. I do know the WWE nWo though, and I think that should have been killed way before Big Show, Booker T, and Shawn Michaels got involved. Hall was out in what, May of 2002? Should have had Nash and Hall beat down Hogan for turning face, then had it fizzle out. Maybe have the Rock and Hogan team up to take on the Outsiders.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest my friend the over top negativity you shine on wrestling 99% of the time makes me think you're taking this shit too seriously lol. I'll take people who are seriously invested in something they enjoy over someone who's 30+ pretending to be whatever the fuck it is you're doing. Pretending to be a useless troll? Wow, how does that work in real life?

Because that's what I want to read about in my threads.
    oh great now he's gonna guilt you for mocking a person with polio

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    oh great now he's gonna guilt you for mocking a person with polio
    I had to re-read that post he made about having a terminal illness, I wasn't sure if he was saying his character had a terminal illness or if he was being legit.

Who the fuck is this guy? He sounds like Rip and Peter Griffin where they think everyone knows everything about them on here. I don't know when people are being gimmick posters and I sure as shit don't pay attention to what everyone is dying from as cold as that might sound.

But there's no free pass in my threads and vice versa for being called out for being a weirdo. Polio or not.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine needing a life so bad that you have to anylaze a guy stuck in bed with a terminal disease to have to shit all over his motives.

Sorry fail.

Now you have a wonderful day as you go about shitting on others today in your further faulty judgements.
    Wow

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to re-read that post he made about having a terminal illness, I wasn't sure if he was saying his character had a terminal illness or if he was being legit.

Who the fuck is this guy? He sounds like Rip and Peter Griffin where they think everyone knows everything about them on here. I don't know when people are being gimmick posters and I sure as shit don't pay attention to what everyone is dying from as cold as that might sound.

But there's no free pass in my threads and vice versa for being called out for being a weirdo. Polio or not.
    not sure. there was another instance where he was being strange and lashed out saying his back hurts. my assumption is that posts that deride him give him new physical ailments

it's like an episode of house

where the fuck is omar epps at

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow
    For someone who expects everyone else to know everything about them, he sure as fuck doesn't know about you my guy because you are nothing like what he's assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    not sure. there was another instance where he was being strange and lashed out saying his back hurts. my assumption is that posts that deride him give him new physical ailments

it's like an episode of house

where the fuck is omar epps at
    He seems more like a Robert Sean Leonard.

Did you know that Omar Epps and Topher Grace from that 70's show characters are both named Eric Foreman? Fucking weird. The only difference is Eric on That 70's doesn't have an E.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So it's Ric Foreman?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJECT

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone who expects everyone else to know everything about them, he sure as fuck doesn't know about you my guy because you are nothing like what he's assuming.

I barely know him from Adam on here other than he tends to make long-winded rants on here but then accuse me of bullying and trying to guilt-trip me of being terminally of which I knew nothing. It’s pretty disgusting really.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I don't really know WCW nWo all too well, timeline wise. I do know the WWE nWo though, and I think that should have been killed way before Big Show, Booker T, and Shawn Michaels got involved. Hall was out in what, May of 2002? Should have had Nash and Hall beat down Hogan for turning face, then had it fizzle out. Maybe have the Rock and Hogan team up to take on the Outsiders.
    It's very sad how Scott Hall's career took a turn for the absolute worst. I think had he been able to stay on the straight and narrow, the nWo angle would've been great in WWE.

But it was snake bit from the jump. Nash was hurt, Hall was struggling to stay sober, Hogan wasn't getting over as a heel. X-Pac being part of it wasn't horrible but Big Show was still a little bit away not being a pile of shit.

The funny thing about HBK is that it was supposed to be Bischoff. Bischoff turned it down, they reached out to Shawn, and this lead to Shawn's in-ring return. Booker T was so weird, it was almost like they realized it was the wrong move to make. But yeah, WrestleMania 18 should have had at least someone from the NWO go over and neither guy did and it didn't help the stable one bit. Especially Hall losing when he was scheduled to win, at least they would've had some momentum.

Just bad timing all around. Maybe if Austin wasn't such a fucking prick at this time it would've worked out better.....Doubt it though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I barely know him from Adam on here other than he tends to make long-winded rants on here but then accuse me of bullying and trying to guilt-trip me of being terminally of which I knew nothing. It’s pretty disgusting really.
    He's like one of those motherfuckers who walk in to a business with a dog and expect everyone to know this naked pup is a service dog and HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THIS PITBULL'S STATUS YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!?!?!???!?!?!?! Yeah that's him. PS-not a knock on those who have service dogs I just hate the people who are cocks about it. We didn't know your black lab was a service dog when he was walking around unleashed and no collar, no sweater with a cross on it or whatever. Anyway....

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only he knew cancer has done to both my parents, he certainly wouldn’t be making assumptions that I spend my days mocking the terminally ill.
    Last edited by Badger; December 18th, 2019 at 3:47 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only he knew cancer has done to both my parents, he certainly wouldn’t be making assumptions that I spend my days mocking the terminally ill.
    I'm not trying to be a dick here but in a way all this talk about terminal illness fits with how Vince introduced the nWo to the WWE, so I guess in a way we're staying on topic lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to be a dick here but in a way all this talk about terminal illness fits with how Vince introduced the nWo to the WWE, so I guess in a way we're staying on topic lol.
    Oh yeah silly me for not getting that reference lol

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like everyone so I hope we all can get on the same page and be friends again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In hindsight I think a smart move for WWE would have been to have a couple fresh faces in the nWo that were homegrown WWE talent. Christian comes to mind. Maybe some talent that was down in OVW. Could you imagine if Paul Heyman and Lesnar joined the nWo upon Lesnar's arrival with the idea that Lesnar would eventually destroy the nWo by the Summer? You could have still booked him to beat The Rock and win KOTR, all that but it would have been wild.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My favorite moment of 2002 has to be when Brock Lesnar and the nWo had a segment backstage. Lesnar was about to murder all of them but Heyman backed him off. Would have been great to see!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite moment of 2002 has to be when Brock Lesnar and the nWo had a segment backstage. Lesnar was about to murder all of them but Heyman backed him off. Would have been great to see!
    Fast forward years later, Hogan's birthday segment. The Nash-Lesnar staredown....sexy

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fast forward years later, Hogan's birthday segment. The Nash-Lesnar staredown....sexy
    Party's over Grandpa! Also one of my favorite segments. Maybe I just love Nash and Lesnar

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most unintentionally funny moment in the nWo’s history was Michaels cutting a promo saying the NWO are always the last men standing while Nash in the background in complete agony having just tore his quad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people thought Brock had a high pitch scream, listen to Nash when he tears his quad in that match. Which by the way, when you think about who was all in that match, holy fucking shit.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, I heard Nash make that same scream when he tore his quad making a sandwich.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I heard Nash make that same scream when he tore his quad making a sandwich.
    That was actually me after he gave me the Diesel Power.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sid was my first favorite big man, then Diesel, then fucking Snitsky, then Khali for a little bit, then Strowman. I'm Vince McMahon's ideal fan.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undertaker was my first favourite big man.

#oldschool

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sid was my first favorite big man, then Diesel, then fucking Snitsky, then Khali for a little bit, then Strowman. I'm Vince McMahon's ideal fan.
    If that were the case though, he’d have listened to you and give Braun the title by now.

#harshbuttrue

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undertaker got me into wrestling, then as far as big men go, Kane, Mark Henry, Viscera (who was even better as Big Daddy V), and I was a Khali fan, and obviously love me some Strowman. Big Show's always been a guy I generally like, too. Big monster hoss boys are dope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V - Whatever you want to call him was underrated.

There, I said it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take this opportunity and admit that I am among those who actually would have had the nWo last longer, and I'm including the WWF resurrection. I think it could have even carried over into to TNA, but that's a separate argument regarding The Band, etc. I think I would have done some angle with the bWo, the lWo, and an appearance by the jWo too, and just had them all collide and burn together in a Survivor Series match. I liked the brand split idea with the nWo and probably would have had a similar thing where each team is led by somebody who chooses them as enforcers. So, basically what they did with McMahon and Flair, but put Heyman in there for ECW and he uses the bWo.

The nWo debut for McMahon by attacking Stone Cold and The Rock one night, they lay them out, but not before Austin and Rock take out two smaller nWo members like Konnan and X-Pac. The nWo still have their matches at 18 and, after they lose, Flair directs the lWo out to get revenge and show McMahon that he has his own enforcers, as well as reveal Konnan leaving the nWo for treating the beat down he took as an acceptable casualty. As a result of his WM loss to The Rock, Hogan steps down as leader of the nWo, and really leaves entirely, which sets up Hall and Nash to feud, alone, with the lWo leadership, mostly Konnan and Eddie. X-Pac steps up as the third major nWo guy, which was what they gave him to make up for that beatdown. Flair still drafts them to his brand, but, upset at that decision, they join with the newly revealed Heyman's bWo in a mass beatdown of the lWo.

This story plays out between half a year and a year until Survivor Series, in which Flair, McMahon, and Heyman set up the lWo vs. bWo vs. nWo 5-on-5-on-5 elimination match with the winning team retaining sole control of the WWF. The losing two teams disband, while the third sticks around as enforcers until their guy inevitably loses control for one reason or another.