User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Rules 2017 (June 4th in Baltimore, Maryland)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extreme Rules 2017 (June 4th in Baltimore, Maryland)

I had forgotten this show was happening, I was thinking Great Balls of Fire was going to be in June.

So there's about a 99% chance the main event here is Braun vs. Roman in an Ambulance Match. I've always liked the Ambulance Match gimmick. Interested to see who goes over here, you'd expect Reigns to get his win back but I think they're going to do Lesnar vs. Strowman at Great Balls of Fire so it would really make more sense for Strowman to win here. And he can beat Reigns without pinning him in an Ambulance Match. Maybe it's a draw after Reigns Spears Strowman and they break through the doors or the roof and both end up in the ambulance?

Other matches...Bayley vs. Alexa or a Triple Threat with Sasha included. Hardyz vs. Sheamus and Cesaro, I'm sure there will be a stipulation there. Tornado Rules or something. Should probably hold off on doing a Ladder Match since Money in the Bank is coming up. Miz and Ambrose have been feuding and they teased Bray vs. Finn a few weeks ago, but last night they set up Miz vs. Balor. So not totally sure where they're going with that. Maybe they do Miz vs. Finn on Raw tonight and Bray can interfere to set that feud up.

I expect this be a pretty fun card. Lots of talent on Raw right now, and the gimmick matches will help spice things up a little.
    Last edited by The Law; May 1st, 2017 at 1:54 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also expect Rollins vs Joe in some type of gimmick as well.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extreme Rules has always been that one ppv where I would go "Why don't they just have every match be Extreme Rules that isn't a gimmick match like a cage, strap, etc.?" That way you don't have to force some weird gimmick like Bayley v. Alexa Bliss in a Ladder match when the feud is 3 weeks old. But I do chuckle at the customary non-gimmick match at this ppv they seem to have like last year with Rusev v. Kalisto or the year before that with Nikki v. Naomi.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like it's been half gimmick matches half regular matches for the last few years. There's no reason to force stipulations where they don't belong. For this one the main event will be Ambulance, Rollins/Joe will probably be a gimmick, Hardyz vs. Shesaro will have a stipulation. And that might be it. Maybe they put Bray in a gimmick match because they love to do spooky stuff with him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I feel like it's been half gimmick matches half regular matches for the last few years. There's no reason to force stipulations where they don't belong. For this one the main event will be Ambulance, Rollins/Joe will probably be a gimmick, Hardyz vs. Shesaro will have a stipulation. And that might be it. Maybe they put Bray in a gimmick match because they love to do spooky stuff with him.
    Last year only had 1 non-gimmick match but it was a championship match so maybe that was the selling point lol. Pretty much the last couple years have had at least 1 non-gimmick match but 90% of the other matches were gimmicks.

Bray v. Dean Ambrose in a CZW death match?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good chunk of the card basically set after tonight:

-Reigns vs. Strowman
    -Balor vs. Wyatt
    -Miz vs. Ambrose
    -Joe vs. Rollins
    -Hardyz vs. Sheamus and Cesaro

Not 100% sure about the women's division. They teased Alexa vs. Mickie with her hitting Mickie hard in the promo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell of a card

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like every year I underestimate this show and how good in can be and for the last few years it has been really good. Looking forward to this one. Roman/Braun could be epic.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Strowman is hurt and may miss the show. So that's the 1% chance of it not being Braun vs. Reigns here.

Nothing particularly jumps out at me for Reigns to do here. Maybe a match against Bray?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except Bray most likely has Balor.. giving Roman a replacement takes away from someone else's match. Maybe they can have HHH show up to do a one month quick program with Roman, afterall, HHH did screw Roman out of the universal title in that Fatal 4-way last summer that KO won, they never went anywhere with that and segued into Rollins/HHH. Paying Brock a shit-ton to work one extra PPV could be good too but they seem to be saving Brock/Roman for next Mania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Strowman is hurt and may miss the show. So that's the 1% chance of it not being Braun vs. Reigns here.

Nothing particularly jumps out at me for Reigns to do here. Maybe a match against Bray?
    Ummm,Balor?

Just have Reigns cut a promo here or something. He doesn't need to be forced into a feud that doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be shocked if they just kept Roman off t.v. until Strowman returned. He's barely been on t.v. as it is. But the thing is, if this guy is supposedly a top guy, why not have him do just a real quick program with someone to elevate someone else? But who? Apollo Crews? That'd be something I'd look into if I was wanting him to have a match but I don't think it's necessary.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a prime opportunity for Rollins, Balor, Joe, and Wyatt. Everything seemed to lean towards Strowman getting Lesnar at the Raw PPV after ER, but it sounds like that could potentially be off the table for now. Reigns is another obvious choice but I'm guessing they want to hold off having Reigns/Lesnar for as long as they can. If Strowman is going to miss that second PPV, they'll have to decide who they want to heat up out of those four as a viable challenger.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt he misses the July ppv. The injury is a 4-8 week thing. he could come back before that in a non physical roll to help hype whatever program he is in

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I doubt he misses the July ppv. The injury is a 4-8 week thing. he could come back before that in a non physical roll to help hype whatever program he is in
    The only thing I'm basing off the questionable nature of the July PPV is that Meltzer said that they may not know the severity of Strowman's injury and won't know until he gets worked on.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I buy that after the angle they did last night. Would they have done that angle if it were really serious?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I buy that after the angle they did last night. Would they have done that angle if it were really serious?
    I think so. Rey Misterio was set to have knee surgery one time and the way they wrote him off was Chavo hung him from the Titantron and beat the fuck out of his bad knee with a steel chair. Probably figured it was already fucked up why not?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I can see that. if you can't hurt it any worse I guess it makes sense.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they made a kayfabe reason for Kofi's ankle, but I was assuming that was a legit injury that was written into the story.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a different time I guess in terms of keeping a guy you're trying to portray as one of the top 2-3 guys in the company off any ppv. And I'll say this, no "ppv" should be considered minor.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One rumor I saw was doing a tournament to determine who gets to face Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire. I think that's a good idea, without any obvious contender set might as well just do a tournament and get some good TV out of it.

I would think the participants would be:

1. Reigns
    2. Ambrose
    3. Miz
    4. Balor
    5. Wyatt
    6. Rollins
    7. Samoa Joe
    8. Big Show

Not really sure who I think makes the most sense to win. Reigns/Lesnar they'll hold off for further down the line. I think Joe needs more build before he gets to Lesnar. I think I might have Bray win, just to give him a big accomplishment. Sure, he loses to Lesnar after that. But at least he'd get some big wins first.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One rumor I saw was doing a tournament to determine who gets to face Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire. I think that's a good idea, without any obvious contender set might as well just do a tournament and get some good TV out of it.

I would think the participants would be:

1. Reigns
    2. Ambrose
    3. Miz
    4. Balor
    5. Wyatt
    6. Rollins
    7. Samoa Joe
    8. Big Show

Not really sure who I think makes the most sense to win. Reigns/Lesnar they'll hold off for further down the line. I think Joe needs more build before he gets to Lesnar. I think I might have Bray win, just to give him a big accomplishment. Sure, he loses to Lesnar after that. But at least he'd get some big wins first.
    I'm always down for a tournament. It might be shocking to say, but Kalisto almost makes just as much sense going into the thing than Show. At least Kalisto has been on TV more. Show would obviously get someone over more in the tournament, but I'm guessing they'd have Kalisto in there instead.

The thing I don't like is that this could be easily susceptible to interference finishes, but I guess that's almost a given with this people crossing paths so much now.

It would be good news, bad news to give this to Finn. It'd get him cooking again and put over in a big way making it through this tournament, but he doesn't need to be going to Suplex City (especially as the Demon).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Kalisto was the other guy I considered. After that there are barely any other non-jobber singles wrestlers on Raw. Apollo Crews is starting to get a push, that's about it.

Balor vs. Lesnar is definitely happening at some point. That might have been Summerslam, but now I'd think it will be Braun vs. Lesnar (assuming Braun is ready to go by then).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balor/Brock isn't the Bryan/Brock match we all wanted to see, but it's got unique characteristics to it. Brock will put something over if they make a big deal about it or he's genuinely pushed (or at least interested), so Balor would likely look good in some form or fashion leading up the match. There would be obvious intrigue about the Demon coming back and that can be teased. I just worry about it being crippling if he's just chum for Brock to devour.

What I do like about the tournament is that it's a natural way to heat whoever you want up for that match. Outside of Reigns, everyone else kind of needs some form of touching up to look viable as an opponent.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope Balor wins the number one contender match. That way, they can finish off the Rollins/Joe feud at Great Balls of Fire (ugh). And Roman and Wyatt can face each other again...It's been a couple of years since their feud (I think), so it should be fresh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fatal 5-way
    Ambrose/Miz
    Bliss/Bayley
    Hardys/Shesaro
    Neville/Aries

Then one of these on the preshow and the other on the main?
    Titus and Crews/E&C
    Goldust/R-Truth

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins wins here. They can then go with Reigns/Joe and Wyatt/Balor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was pretty clear on Raw that out of the 5, Balor was the most over by a landslide. I'm not negative toward Rollins v. Lesnar but we've seen them mix it up several times already. That's the downside of Brock, so few matches on t.v./ppv so I'm not really high on multiple rematches. But again, not negative if he does win I'd just prefer something different in the future.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever it is, outside of Roman, they're not beating Lesnar. I'd like Rollins winning at ER mainly because of the idea being that Balor doesn't have to take a massive beating at the expense of Lesnar. I don't think Rollins comes out of that loss with major damage going forward, but I have a feeling it might take some of the bloom off the rose with Balor if he did.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ND, they only had ONE singles match that didn't even have a finish. Yeah they had a triple threat at Rumble but that isn't mixing it up "several times." That is a big time reach.

I agree that Balor was the most over by far on RAW. I also agree with BG that I would Rollins take the loss to Brock instead of Balor but you have to believe that balor is going down to Brock before Reigns takes down Brock. Maybe they could build Balor a bit more by having him beat guys like Bray and Joe to make it more believable.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If CM Punk had a competitive match with Lesnar, Balor can as well. They're really selling the whole "size matters but so does heart" with the idea of Balor going up against Lesnar. This guy beat Roman clean in his first night while winning a fatal fourway prior pinning Rusev. I think we could get a really fun match out of Balor v. Lesnar and even if Balor lost, the fact he was in a match with Lesnar would be huge for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. The demon thing could also give him a little boost as well. Balor also beat a guy who took out Braun so obviously Balor should be looked at as a threat to anyone, even Brock.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ND, they only had ONE singles match that didn't even have a finish. Yeah they had a triple threat at Rumble but that isn't mixing it up "several times." That is a big time reach.

I agree that Balor was the most over by far on RAW. I also agree with BG that I would Rollins take the loss to Brock instead of Balor but you have to believe that balor is going down to Brock before Reigns takes down Brock. Maybe they could build Balor a bit more by having him beat guys like Bray and Joe to make it more believable.
    More than once=several

It's not a "big time reach". It wasn't like I said something over the top like "they've already wrestled each other 40 times in the last 2 years". Saying they've mixed it up several times already isn't exactly selling you magic beans. They've wrestled twice already. I don't really have a desire to see a 3rd match over seeing a first time match with Balor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. The demon thing could also give him a little boost as well. Balor also beat a guy who took out Braun so obviously Balor should be looked at as a threat to anyone, even Brock.
    If martial arts have taught us anything, including Lesnar's lack of ability to take a REAL punch, I'd say Balor is just as believable as Eddie Guerrero beating Lesnar for example.

But Lesnar isn't losing anytime soon. If anything I could see him tearing through Balor, Rollins, and Strowman and then they give Roman the big win at Mania. For the belt though? Not sure I want Lesnar as champion for a year and only defending the belt 3 times in that year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do think the comeuppance angle is something Heyman would bring up to Rollins in the build of that potential. The cash-in, etc. would be mentioned because it's certainly been a talking point amongst the commentary team.

To me, it just seems like Balor is back in motion as being portrayed as a big deal. He had that solid return after Mania, but then he just kind of seemed to be floating. I think that was partially due to them being in flux with booking, but he seems like he's back to being potentially "the guy". He's still got the story of trying to get the title he had to relinquish. If he gets a title shot and loses it, I think that takes the edge of going forward.

The idea of the demon versus the beast is fun, for sure. I'm just wondering how it would get booked on Brock's side. If it's not taken seriously, that kills it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, you are one to focus on semantics haha. But I would rather Rollins just so Balor doesn't get the beat down others have gotten. If Orton got his ass kicked, I could only imagine what would happen

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to make a correction. TECHNICALLY, Rollins and Lesnar have mixed it up 3 times. Forgot about WM 31. 3 times surely has to account for "several" shouldn't it?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, you are one to focus on semantics haha. But I would rather Rollins just so Balor doesn't get the beat down others have gotten. If Orton got his ass kicked, I could only imagine what would happen
    Orton beat Rollins remember? So if Lesnar did what he did to Orton that easily, just imagine what he will do to Rollins the 4th time they meet!?!?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins vs Brock still seems fresh to me even if you count the 30 seconds they had at mania 31.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The major difference in Rollins/Brock "whatever number it is" this time around is that Seth is going to be working as a face. At least, on the surface, he should be working as a face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sucks as a face.

It could also be, for me, that I'm a little over the Rollins train almost as much as I'm over the Roman train. At least I could get down with Seth as a heel, he was great. Babyface Seth....They could have booked him better upon his return is all I'm saying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    He sucks as a face.

It could also be, for me, that I'm a little over the Rollins train almost as much as I'm over the Roman train. At least I could get down with Seth as a heel, he was great. Babyface Seth....They could have booked him better upon his return is all I'm saying.
    An amazing what-if will be what if they actually booked him straight up as a face after he ran out and pedigreed Roman when he returned. He had that 24 doc, too. It was all lined up and they zigged when the zag was right there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO...

Air the documentary before he returns not after. Comes back to an even bigger pop and that would then set the tone for Triple H to turn on him. Another big negative though was how stupid the reason was that they turned on Rollins and the lack of explanation. Not to mention being paired with Roman. There was definitely something "wrong" when Kevin Owens and Jericho, the top 2 heels, are more over than the 2 guys being presented as the top 2 babyfaces.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sucks as a face.

I want heel Seth more than I want anything outside of heel Roman.

Bagel
    So what we'll probably get is some cheap Shield reunion with either Dean or another Seth heel turn.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what kind of match Ambrose v. The Miz will be. Will Ambrose bust out the Asylum match again?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    So what we'll probably get is some cheap Shield reunion with either Dean or another Seth heel turn.
    Well I assume The Shield reunion is etched in stone. Or else why move Dean? I'm just curious about who they'll be facing. No clues here but I'm looking for the groundwork to start being laid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what kind of match Ambrose v. The Miz will be. Will Ambrose bust out the Asylum match again?
    The stipulation is extremely hardcore. Ambrose lost half of the champion's advantage, meaning he can lose the title if he's disqualified.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 17th, 2017 at 5:38 PM.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main event is listed as an Extreme Rules match. Technically, wouldn't a five way match be no DQ anyways?

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't wait for this 5-way. It'll be good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfanatic View Post
    The main event is listed as an Extreme Rules match. Technically, wouldn't a five way match be no DQ anyways?
    You would think but I was watching NXT from 2 weeks ago with the women's battle royal and it ended in a DQ when Asuka ran out and beat up the last 3 women, which I believe was the first time I'd ever witnessed a battle royal end in a DQ.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sucks as a face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I want heel Seth more than I want anything outside of heel Roman.
    We've discussed this before, but Seth's face run has been so mishandled. Fans were ready to cheer him as a face when he came back, but no, WWE wanted him as a Heel. Then, just as fans were accepting Seth as a Heel, WWE decided we can have Face Rollins after all. But because HHH couldn't be on TV during Football Season, Seth floundered for month after month with no real direction and ended up stuck with Roman which did him no favors. It's inevitable that Rollins will turn heel again. It's the only way to salvage him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that the Goldust/R-Truth break up was basically for nothing. No match announced for the upcoming ppv and it's not like it's 8 matches deep.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of unannounced confrontation/interaction on the show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think they want to stretch this one out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could watch Goldie and Truth go at it for the next 6 months.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may. But if this is going to be a return to form for Goldust then I want to see him engage with an up and comer. Goldie still more than gets the job done in the ring and could really help a guy out.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I could watch Goldie and Truth go at it for the next 6 months.
    I'd rather Goldie steamroller Truth then go on a good run.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't think the last two RAW PPVs were very good...
    Payback and Fastlane were kind of disappointing...

I'm hoping Extreme Rules is a return to form...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Payback was really good. That may have been a case of a show exceding my expectations by a wide margin though.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Balor...are we expecting Demon mode? I'm thinking we aren't unless he's winning.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know but I hope not. I don't want to see demon king balor more than a few times a year if that. It needs to be for really special moments.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Payback was really good. That may have been a case of a show exceding my expectations by a wide margin though.
    1. You had a six month feud (Wyatt/Orton) end with an awful blowoff. Just interference from the new feud. Like the whole six months was a waste of time

2. You had Orton crushed by a fridge and inexplicably be fine and teleport to the arena, which doesn't make any goddamn sense at all. Bray Wyatt is the magical swamp wizard. Orton's just a psychopath.

3. The House of Horrors itself was surprisingly half-assed. It looked like they set it up in a day instead of a month.

4. They ended the event by making Braun Strowman look like Shawn Stasiak

And after this PPV, guess what?
    The ratings fell...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; June 3rd, 2017 at 8:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Shawn Stasiak was really good at running into stuff.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't get me wrong, Braun Strowman ripping off the ambulance door is impressive, but it's hard to notice and appreciate that feat when everything surrounding it looks stupid...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    1. You had a six month feud (Wyatt/Orton) end with an awful blowoff. Just interference from the new feud. Like the whole six months was a waste of time

2. You had Orton crushed by a fridge and inexplicably be fine and teleport to the arena, which doesn't make any goddamn sense at all. Bray Wyatt is the magical swamp wizard. Orton's just a psychopath.

3. The House of Horrors itself was surprisingly half-assed. It looked like they set it up in a day instead of a month.

4. They ended the event by making Braun Strowman look like Shawn Stasiak

And after this PPV, guess what?
    The ratings fell...
    I expected even worse from the Orton/Bray match. It was the low point of the show for certain.

The Roman/Braun match itself though, I thought, was pretty good. They did ruin that great spot of Braun ripping off the Ambulance door though. I mean all they had to do was park the damn thing NOT near a wall and then he can slow down and protect himself without a cushion of empty boxes.

But besides those low points,

Jericho/Owens, Aries/Neville and Bliss/Bayley all had good matches. I thought the tag match was fun as hell. Joe/Rollins let me down but only in the sense that it was again Seth's knee vs Opponent.

I'd still give the show a thumbs up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There should probably be an internal rule in WWE that they have a gimmick match fully designed and constructed before they ever announce it...

They could decide "let's create a house of horrors match", and then they spend however long they need on it, and once it's completely finished, then they wait for an opportunity to book it...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; June 3rd, 2017 at 8:44 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to think, supposedly Hayes has been pushing for that match for 20 years. 20 years of ideas. 20 years of mental preparation.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And to think, supposedly Hayes has been pushing for that match for 20 years. 20 years of ideas. 20 years of mental preparation.
    Built at the last minute...

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, really? Wow. I can only hope there were pages and pages of stuff they wanted to do but couldn't because of legal shit or the PG rating, etc.. otherwise, I'm just imagining Hayes with this napkin drawing of a dude under a fridge that he's had in his coat pocket for the past two decades and pulls out at every pitch meeting...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Jesus, really? Wow. I can only hope there were pages and pages of stuff they wanted to do but couldn't because of legal shit or the PG rating, etc.. otherwise, I'm just imagining Hayes with this napkin drawing of a dude under a fridge that he's had in his coat pocket for the past two decades and pulls out at every pitch meeting...
    Yeah a few people have noted that he's been pushing for a "haunted house" match since the 90s. Edge and Christian spoke of it on one of their first podcasts I believe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was going to have two way mirrors, trap doors, all sorts of crazy stuff...

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, some of that sounds familiar. I think I did hear a bit about that before the HoH match. Probably just repressed it along with my memories of the match.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Goldust vs. R-Truth was going to get on PPV, this was the time to do it...
    Strowman and Lesnar are gone, and five top guys are tied up in one match...

That amount of talent would normally take up 3 matches on the card, not counting Dean Ambrose, The Miz, The Women's Division, The Tag Team Division, and The Cruiserweights...

If Goldust vs. Truth can't get on this PPV, there's not much hope for them getting on any PPV...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; June 3rd, 2017 at 9:43 PM.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of expect the Goldust/Truth blow-off to be on a random RAW...

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at Sandow/Miz...

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was actually a hot feud. With the fact that most of Golden Truth's run was as losers who were barely even on TV and the feud only consisting of a couple of pre-reorded promos thus far (and a beatdown that was met with mostly apathy and a few cheers for the heel), I just can't see the live crowds giving a shit and i assume that'll cause WWE to be like, "No one cares, so why should we?" and it'll just fizzle out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see something crazy for Goldust/Truth, like that Goldust/Piper match from WrestleMania 12. Both guys deserve something like that with creative freedom to make the whole thing fun.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the way they had Truth respond to Goldie's promos by just doing a parody promo himself. Kind of felt like a bit of a wrong turn.
    Would rather have liked to see Goldust out to win a match over a lower-end face, showing his new vicious heel side, and then Truth could run out and return the beatdown, do one of those brawl all over the arena things, etc. or you have Truth out to have a match but Goldie's turn has gotten in his head, maybe have the gold confetti drop during the match, so Truth loses and then Goldie comes up no the screen to do a promo.
    Just feels like Truth should be more like, "I thought I knew you. i trusted you. We were friends." but instead, it's just jumped past all the personal stuff into, "Well, you turned on me, so I'm going to fight you." It's fairly early on, so I'm hoping they can put more focus on the personal side, give it some meat.
    Last edited by mth; June 4th, 2017 at 12:29 PM.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    If Goldust vs. R-Truth was going to get on PPV, this was the time to do it...
    Strowman and Lesnar are gone, and five top guys are tied up in one match....
    For this reason is why I'd like to see MITB have been both brands on the show. Seems like no matter what way you book it, roll with one brand and you end up having your midcard titleholder in the MITB match, taking one more title match off the card.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid if Goldust vs Truth doesn't get over with the fans in their first match, WWE will just drop it like they did with the Stardust feud.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

#1 Contender Extreme Rules Fatal Five-Way Match
    Rollins, Joe, Reigns, Balor & Wyatt

RAW Women's Title - Kendo Stick on a Pole Match
    Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley

RAW Tag Team Championships - Cage Match
    The Hardy Boys vs. Sheasaro

WWE Cruiserweight Title - Submission Match
    Neville vs. Austin Aries

If Ambrose is Disqualified, he loses the IC Title
    Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz

Mixed Tag Team Match
    Rich Swann & Sasha Banks vs. Noam Dar & Alicia Fox

Kickoff Match
    Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews

Bagel
    Doesn't seem like a lot "extreme" about this card. I really think they should do away with it - this and TLC seem too similar to me. But I like the lineup for tonight.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, they are avoiding any table or ladder matches...

I fully expect the main event will be nuts...
    And we'll get Bayley caning the shit out of Alexa Bliss...
    And we'll probably see Jeff Hardy do something stupid he shouldn't be doing at this point in his career that makes us all wince...

Certainly a part of me appreciates the dialed back nature of the card. Just because of how hard these gimmick matches can be on the human body. It's kind of nice that for once, Dean Ambrose gets the night off from the pure carnage of these types of matches...

Intercontinental Champion TooCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing extreme about Miz/Ambrose match. Hoping The Miz have Maryse attack him in the first minute to "win". Then Kurt Angle will come out and say something like, "You know what? I won't have that on my show. This is now a No-DQ match and Maryse is banned from ringside." *THEN* you have Miz beat Ambrose again, with the No DQ rule. That'll make him look strong.

But as far as the PPV goes. I might not waste my time on this. If you're watching it, have fun.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm expecting a good show. And I'll be here right on time for the start of the show. Hope to see you all here.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should probably spread the three hardcore matches out...
    Maybe start with the cage match, have the kendo stick match in the middle of the event, and end with the Extreme Rules melee...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; June 4th, 2017 at 7:14 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Or they could start with Ambrose/Miz, and alternate the hardcore matches...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mocking someone for wanting to be a wrestler

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It's like shes a heel! She gets my vote for threatening Sam Roberts.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drink the Kickstart, Renee. Drink it!

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renee's tits are looking so good tonight, I'd drink Kickstart off of them

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    The titty master knows well

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renee might be pregnant. Just a hunch

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Yup. Dean, I envy you sir.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    Renee might be pregnant. Just a hunch
    Baby lunatic fringe.

Intercontinental Champion TooCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, anyone know if we're getting Demon Balor tonight? If he's a demon because it's a PPV, he's winning. If he's regular Balor, he's losing.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this is the least interested i've been in a PPV in some time. main event should deliver at least.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never have thought this would be the opener.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz promo miz promo miz promo