Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Frankie Saenz
    Women's Strawweight Polyana Viana vs. Hannah Cifers

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Johnny Walker is money. Pleased to see him get the step up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s just a damn solid card.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out how they were able to sanction Diego Sanchez v. Mickey Gall. There's like a 40 fight difference and it's not like Diego is Shannon Ritch.

Anyway...

I'm loving this card. Anthony Smith has the potential to become the next Chris Weidman/Holly Holm. A mid-ranked, solid fighter who comes in and smokes the dominant GOAT. People are sleeping on Smith. I'm thinking Jones gets the W after a couple hard fought rounds where Smith tests Jones' chin a little before getting taken down and split up by elbows. *Edited* After reading a little excerpt from a recent Jones interview about Rumble Johnson, would Rumble have been the guy to take out Jones?

Woodley-Usman. Kind of rooting for Usman a little here simply because T-Wood is such a prick but I don't see him losing. Honestly, T-Wood is a great fighter so props to him.

Lawler-Askren. Fuck Ben Askren. I seriously have issues rooting for try-hards. Tony Ferguson is another but he has the violent resume that I can respect. Askren....yeah. Lawler could struggle, Askren is very good on the ground, but the downside is his competition has been bunk. Lawler is hands down better than anyone Askren has ever faced. I could see it going 3 rounds Askren though.

Another fight I'm looking forward to seeing is Stephens v. Zabit. Stephens, native to my city, gotta root for the little bastard. Plus Zabit's in need of a chin test.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; March 1st, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Usman is slightly more of a prick than Woodley tbh.

Also I'm pulling for Askren. He's extremely intelligent and has a great mind for the sport. He hasn't talked any shit for this fight either and has actually said he can't talk shit about Robbie because he has so much respect for him. But you are prone to hate on fighters so do what you do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I think Usman is slightly more of a prick than Woodley tbh.

Also I'm pulling for Askren. He's extremely intelligent and has a great mind for the sport. He hasn't talked any shit for this fight either and has actually said he can't talk shit about Robbie because he has so much respect for him. But you are prone to hate on fighters so do what you do.
    First off, relax little buddy.

Is Usman a prick? I guess I'm not familiar enough, but notice I didn't compare their prickness.....

Second, I didn't say Askren was talking about this fight did I? Please show me the specific example of Askrenphobia and we can speak on that.

He is extremely intelligent. He built his career fighting subpar competition, the last several years fighting mostly dudes 1-2 weight classes below his (Oh that sweet retirement victory over Shinya Aoki was stuff of legend, right Mark?) And now he has people like you thinking he's a stud. For your sake I hope he does win because I could totally see him getting released if he loses, especially in a violent manner.

- - - Updated - - -

*Trigger warning*

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Think I'm looking forward to Zabit/Stephens the most here. Want to see some big exchanges but hopefully Zabit isn't foolish enough to sit in the pocket and bang it out for too long, or that he has an old school Mark Hunt kind of chin. Should be a pretty interesting back and forth tactically one way or another.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Think I'm looking forward to Zabit/Stephens the most here. Want to see some big exchanges but hopefully Zabit isn't foolish enough to sit in the pocket and bang it out for too long, or that he has an old school Mark Hunt kind of chin. Should be a pretty interesting back and forth tactically one way or another.
    I wonder how long it'll take Jeremy to throw any tactical strategy he has out the window? lol. Love watching that dude fight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm pulling for Lil Heathen myself. Zabit rubs me the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    First off, relax little buddy.

Is Usman a prick? I guess I'm not familiar enough, but notice I didn't compare their prickness.....

Second, I didn't say Askren was talking about this fight did I? Please show me the specific example of Askrenphobia and we can speak on that.

He is extremely intelligent. He built his career fighting subpar competition, the last several years fighting mostly dudes 1-2 weight classes below his (Oh that sweet retirement victory over Shinya Aoki was stuff of legend, right Mark?) And now he has people like you thinking he's a stud. For your sake I hope he does win because I could totally see him getting released if he loses, especially in a violent manner.

- - - Updated - - -

*Trigger warning*

Blah blah blah.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Zabit rubs me the wrong way.
    How so?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling for Lil Heathen myself. Zabit rubs me the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Blah blah blah.
    It amazes me you act this way. You're a grown ass man lol.

And I'm surprised Zabit rubs you the wrong way but his religion is probably a big factor.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?
    He's Muslim.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has a very dickheadish demeanor to him. There's a video of the two of them accidentally running into each other during fight week and Stephens was all smiles and non-confrontational whereas Zabit was posturing and trying to get close to stand over him.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I certainly don't want to be a Nash Diesel and wish him to get fucked to hell over something silly, but he just seems a bit dickish to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a very dickheadish demeanor to him. There's a video of the two of them accidentally running into each other during fight week and Stephens was all smiles and non-confrontational whereas Zabit was posturing and trying to get close and stand over him.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I certainly don't want to be a Nash Diesel and wish him to get fucked to hell over something silly, but he just seems a bit dickish to me.
    I saw that same video, it was very weird where they were talking about their beards.

I still fail to see where you're somehow above me when it comes to disdain for certain fighters. I mean, people can't even mention Cyborg without you going on a tirade insulting her looks. What'd she ever do to you? Is it because she turned 18?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You aren't good at this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep this mind ya'll....Mark is the same person who was such a Chael mark that after Chaels disrespect Anderson Silva's wife, his country, his children, I JOKINGLY said I wouldn't be sad if Chael's wife killed him in his sleep. MARK reported me, asked me to be permabanned for it even LOL.

I think you just need to chill out homeboy and focus on this sweet ppv. I didn't create this thread for you to soil it. Hug me bro

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Has a very dickheadish demeanor to him. There's a video of the two of them accidentally running into each other during fight week and Stephens was all smiles and non-confrontational whereas Zabit was posturing and trying to get close to stand over him.

I'll have to look that up. Now that I think about it I don't know that I've seen much, if any, footage of the guy outside of the cage or training/sparring.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aren't good at this.
    Your bans v my bans say otherwise G

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll have to look that up. Now that I think about it I don't know that I've seen much, if any, footage of the guy outside of the cage or training/sparring.
    This is definitely a litmus test for him. He very well may win, he may not (he ate plenty of avoidable chin shots from Kyle Bochniak). If he does he deserves all the credit in the world, but my heart is with Stephens for this fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about this opponent of Tecia Torres. Never seen her fight, but has a very solid record.

So far only 1 casualty, Marlon Vera got sick the other day and pulled out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Interesting to see a handful of these guys step up pretty big in competition - Zabit with Stephens, Askren with Lawler, Walker with Cirkunov, Usman with Woodley, and of course Smith with arguably the best fighter in the history of the sport.

Over/under 2.5 of them come out of tonight with the biggest wins of their careers?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm calling 3. Askren, Walker, Usman.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Textbook flying knee. Just timed perfect right on the button. Sexy shit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what strange fights when it came to the main card. Putting Tecia Torres fight on the main card over some of the prelim fights seems weird. Then not having it as the opening act of the ppv was strange. It is what it is I guess.

The Garbrandt/Munhoz fight was good. Cody's stock is dropping quite a bit so to speak I feel lately and he won't be getting a title shot again for a long time. That's if he can put a string of solid wins together to even be considered for one at some point.

The Torres/Zhang fight was alright. Felt like Zhang was doing to many spin moves that weren't working tho. Hadn't heard of her but she has a great record.

That was a really bad call to end the Lawler/Askren fight. What a great slam by Lawler tho. Askren wasn't looking too good against a legit challenger. Not sure how well he will continue to do but this was only 1 fight so we will see.

The Woodley/Usman fight was entertaining but I expected much more from Woodley considering how good he is and He just didn't deliver. Congrats to Usman for his control of the fight.

As for the main event I expected much more from Smith. He seemed scared. Totally afraid to pull the trigger. I didn't expect him to win but expected him to atleast try to win. I also feel Jones was playing with him and could have ramped up his offense and taken him out but didn't want too for some reason. Maybe some good fight practice for him lol.

As for some of the prelims Walker was good. I think he needs a win or two over some high ranked fighters and then give him a title shot.

Chiasson was good as always. If she keeps it up she will soon get a title shot I think.

Sanchez/Gall was kinda unfair since Sanchez has so much more pro fighting experience than Gall but it was a good fight and congrats to Sanchez.

Was really looking forward to magomedsharipov/Stephen's. It was good but I expected more. Congrats to Zabit tho.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pretty disappointing night on the whole, unfortunately.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    you think? i thought it was a great show, very eventful, weird and entertaining. the main event was dull but sanchez/gall was a lot of fun, walker hype train continues with a knockout of the year contender, awesome short munhoz/garbrandt fight, askren/lawler was wild, usman looked like a killer and the title change brings a spark to the division.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Askren/Lawler was a terrible outcome.
    Woodley, an all time ww, didn't even show up. Credit to Usman though.
    Zabit/Stephens was pretty alright, but still a letdown.
    Jones/Smith - read: zabit/stephens

So ya, not all bad, I'd agree with that. Still bleh event ultimately given the lineup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed more often than not that the cards with a lot of big names/fights don't turn out as well. The ones that have hardly any known people on them compared turn out to be good cause they are trying to make a name for themselves and not play it safe.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an interesting old card, the prelims were pretty strong too.

Diego Sanchez putting a beat down on a mouthy upstart that bit off more than he could chew. Shocking lack of cardio from Gall too.

Johnny Walker is a big study. Ridiculously explosive, big, powerful and raw. Definitely someone to keep an eye on. Just hope he's able to learn how to wrestle.

Magomedsharipov vs Stephens was a bit exposing for the former. Shows that he's not quite ready to be a top guy just yet. Would be interesting to see him vs Aldo, Ortega, Edgar or Moicano. Definitely seemed like he was running out of ideas a little against a fairly limited fighter.

Cody demonstrated yet again that he has such odd contradictory fight IQ. How he outsmarted a real smart fighter like Cruz, and made him fight dumb, yet pull that macho bullshit off AGAIN after being knocked out twice in a row in that exact same situation. Fair play to Munhoz, that's the fight he wanted and the one he won. They need to stop talking about Cody being this great boxer, hanging your chin out and swinging wild hooks is not great boxing. He probably needs to change camp I'd say.

Zhang was pretty good, nice tough fight, she throws in nice straight lines. But there's some big tough girls in that division and going tooth and nail with Tecia Torres is not necessarily going to stand you in good stead against the top of the division. Would like to see her built up a little more gradually but it's hard to do so with that record.

Askren vs Lawler was so odd. I honestly thought that it was going to get stopped after the slam, I saw Askren moving around a little, but getting fucking pounded and not defending himself at all. Obviously, the stoppage was a bad decision in hindsight, but when the arm went limp I thought that he went out. Not sure I'm that bothered about the rematch, I'd like to see Lawler get that one back, but I do quite like Askren and he's getting on a bit (and also seems likely to just retire if he doesn't get a match up he's interested in) and there are a LOT of fights we haven't seem him have, so I'd be happy enough to move it on and mentally count it as a win for them both.

Usman just absolutely dominated Woodley. I tend to quite like Woodley and it's a shame that he didn't feel that he could get his offence going, but I think that's because Usman totally nullified him. I don't see who beats Usman at Welterweight. Can't see what Covington or Askren could do against him.

Another great performance by Jon Jones, but is there a more low key dirty fighter than him?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Cheick Kongo and Overeem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty disappointing night on the whole, unfortunately.
    I'm about to post my review but I must say I disagree 100%.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Askren/Lawler was a terrible outcome.
    Agreed. Regardless of the bad call (though in fairness I thought Robbie was dead before he hopped right back up afterwards) Askren is a tough bastard to survive the early onslaught and take control of the fight. He proved he wasn't just a jobber killer.

Woodley, an all time ww, didn't even show up. Credit to Usman though.
    He didn't show up because Usman thoroughly dismantled him. Full credit to Usman; phenomenal performance and excellent changing of the guard.

Zabit/Stephens was pretty alright, but still a letdown.
    I was only let down that Stephens didn't KO the goofy prick. Good win for Zabit but I'll still be rooting against him next fight.

Jones/Smith - read: zabit/stephens
    Jones did what Jon Jones does and dominated start to finish. Not the best fight ever but Jones is still clearly the king.

So ya, not all bad, I'd agree with that. Still bleh event ultimately given the lineup.
    I rate it 8/10. I'll probably do my fight by fight analysis tomorrow.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Diego Sanchez putting a beat down on a mouthy upstart that bit off more than he could chew. Shocking lack of cardio from Gall too.
    I honestly wasn't shocked at all that he gassed, he was spamming haymakers from the get.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Jones is wanting to stick around 205 and take on the "younger" guys on the come up. I've heard Thiago Santos could be next. Both from websites and I think Dana White as well.

How about John Walker? That dude is going to be fucking SCARY. He's already fucking scary but ultra scary is his future.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am firmly aboard the Johnny Walker train. A smiling Brazilian destroyer named after a bottle of scotch.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I’d make walker/Jones the next fight. Walker is unproven again championship level competition but there’s no other interesting fight for jones. Better to capitalize on the exciting unknown factor rather than put him to the test and derail the hype with no other interesting alternative at LHW

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    I’d make walker/Jones the next fight. Walker is unproven again championship level competition but there’s no other interesting fight for jones. Better to capitalize on the exciting unknown factor rather than put him to the test and derail the hype with no other interesting alternative at LHW
    Thiago Santos is pretty interesting to me for Jones' next fight. But so is Walker. The problem with Walker....the guy is not a top 10 ranked fighter yet. Prior to this fight, he was #15, and he just KO'd the #14 ranked.....That's a HUGE leap imo from fighting guys like Cirkunov and Khalil Rountree versus even fighting guys like Thiago Santos.

And Thiago Santos isn't exactly Cormier-Jones-Gus level imo. He's another 185er moving up but who knows man, it's a crazy division outside Jones lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Jones vs Santos is a solid fight.

Meanwhile Oezdemir/Reyes, and Walker can step up against Corey Anderson who's on a three fight streak to sort out future challengers. I think.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't forget Luke Rockhold's glass bones

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm calling 3. Askren, Walker, Usman.

3/4 (missed Zabit) ain't bad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Agreed. Regardless of the bad call..
    Want to respond to this, just busy at work.

Basically though, don't think it was a terrible night, just kind of flat for the lineup with the really unfortunate Askren/Lawler decision casting a large shadow. Imo, if course.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the ending to Lawler/Askren was bullshit. I felt Askren got lucky by Herb not stopping it earlier when he took about 8 shots unprotected that were brutal. Then you have Lawler giving Herb the thumbs up and Herb takes that as a means to stop the fight.

I didn't see this as like Chiesa/Lee. Chiesa didn't give the ref a thumbs up that he was ok lol. Just a weird mistake from arguably the best one in the game today, maybe of all time....Run it back Askren!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought the ending to Lawler/Askren was bullshit. I felt Askren got lucky by Herb not stopping it earlier when he took about 8 shots unprotected that were brutal. Then you have Lawler giving Herb the thumbs up and Herb takes that as a means to stop the fight.

I didn't see this as like Chiesa/Lee. Chiesa didn't give the ref a thumbs up that he was ok lol. Just a weird mistake from arguably the best one in the game today, maybe of all time....Run it back Askren!!
    Lol "got lucky". Good thing you weren't the ref as Askren shortly returned to his feet and took over control. The ending was shit but Lawler's arm did go limp and I was just as surprised as Herb when he immediately hopped up. I only noticed the thumbs up from the camera angle in the slow motion replay. I imagine Herb was out of position to see it.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; March 4th, 2019 at 4:15 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    The stoppage wasn't girl entirely unreasonable, just a bit hasty given that it was a choke at worst and he could've given it another moment to be sure. Just a shame really.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol "got lucky". Good thing you weren't the ref as Askren shortly returned to his feet and took over control. The ending was shit but Lawler's arm did go limp and I was just as surprised as Herb when he immediately hopped up. I only noticed the thumbs up from the camera angle in the slow motion replay. I imagine Herb was out of position to see it.
    LOL.

I don't know what we're laughing about. Yeah it's possible Herb wasn't in the right position even though he literally checked Robbie's arm as it went "limp" and then Robbie immediately gave him the thumbs up. There was probably a good 3-5 seconds between the thumbs up and Herb stopping the fight.

Defend it all day Mark, defend it all day lol.

The stoppage wasn't girl entirely unreasonable, just a bit hasty given that it was a choke at worst and he could've given it another moment to be sure. Just a shame really.
    I don't think it was some huge fuck up on Herb's part, mainly because Herb doesn't usually fuck up. I'm more interested in whether or not they'll run it back. They SHOULD, but I have a feeling Askren felt he barely escaped and Lawler will do whatever the fuck he's already been champ, he's had a great career.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Herb waved off the fight at the exact same time as the thumbs up.

It's a shame that your hater game is so strong you can't see things objectively through the steam coming from your ears.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herb waved off the fight at the exact same time as the thumbs up.

It's a shame that your hater game is so strong you can't see things objectively through the steam coming from your ears.
    There's no hater game. I checked several of the clips of the end and it's roughly about 3 seconds, and shit happens. Herb's a good ref. This is why I want to see them run it back. You even said it was a bad call so what's the issue here son?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jones is basically 20-0 in the UFC now. If he wasn't such a dirty shithouse I'd imagine that would be an unbeatable record. What a fighter. Considering he's only 31, and the lack of hard bouts he's endured, he might actually start putting it all together and going on that GOAT run. I hope he doesn't fuck up anymore. I don't like the guy but if he's to be beaten, I want it to be in the cage, decisively.

Usman is a beast. So basically it's him vs. Covington and Till (if he beats Masvidal) vs. Askren in a little tournament. Woodley should probably go up to middleweight at this point, no point chasing a rematch when he matches up well with the top guys at middleweight. Well, he won't be undersized against Rob or Kelvin anyway.

Askren surviving that slam was mad. He's tough. Finish sucked but you can see why it was called based on Herb's poor positioning.

Cody is such a dumb fucker. Basically the tactic is to land something, he'll go berserk then pick him off. Cruz obviously just didn't have the ammunition to pull it off, but most of that top tier at bantamweight will. John Dodson with his chin for example - Dodson beats Cody, I'm convinced.

Zabit is decent. He's not looking good on a pre-Aldo Moicano level or anything though. Probably could do with a deep end fight already to be honest, give him Moicano himself and see how he does.

Diego Sanchez was the bet of the millennium. Gutted I didn't get on it. He's having a bit of a renaissance going back to his grappling, and Micky Gall is a grappler - a significantly worse, less experienced grappler. Didn't expect a finish but a clear and decisive grinding decision was always on the cards. I like the Maia fight next for both men, actually a perfect fight at this stage.

Johnny Walker is bonkers. Love him. I agree that he could be a lightning in a bottle kind of fighter considering his recklessness, but you can't throw him at Jones right away. The worry is his flaws will get exposed before though. I say give him Manuwa next, he's pretty much toast but a guy who can be sold if he does pull off the upset to get back on track.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read Walker might be out 6 months with a shoulder injury after doing the worm.....Or at least he will be serving a medical suspension. Same with Jones, possible 6 months due to his foot.....

That part also made me think about something. This Smith fight would have been the 2nd time Jones almost lost his title over some bullshit. The first time was the Chael fight, remember his toe? Had he not finished Chael there's no doubt that fight would have been called, his toe was hanging off his foot!!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BurFKZMn0F9/

How can anyone not be a fan of Robbie fuckin Lawler..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 seconds from absolute apoplexy to acceptance and forgiveness, bearing in mind that Herb probably cost him $150k plus twice in that fight. Total integrity in that man. How anyone could doubt that he wasn’t out if he says that he wasn’t out I just don’t know.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not that it would have made a difference but Askren DOES have an absurd squeeze on him. There's a video of him crushing two watermelons in a bearhug, ridiculous. Robbie probably wasn't getting out of that bulldog choke.

Askren also claims he lightened his grip when Herb initially jumped in, right after Lawler's arm went limp.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know when I see dudes get choked out they just hop on like it was the first second of the fight.

I want to see them run it back. Askren not wanting to cement that win is some Colby shit. Funny thing is, as fucking corny as Colby is, I think I might like him more than Askren. But I want to see them all scrap. I want Robbie v. Colby, Askren v. Till, Askren v. Masvidal, Robbie v. Masvidal, T-Wood v. Robbie 2, I love this division.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponzinibbio and the Edwards/Nelson winner are in there too. RDA isn't far away. It's a great division. Loads of guys on win streaks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it would have made a difference but Askren DOES have an absurd squeeze on him. There's a video of him crushing two watermelons in a bearhug, ridiculous. Robbie probably wasn't getting out of that bulldog choke.

Askren also claims he lightened his grip when Herb initially jumped in, right after Lawler's arm went limp.
    If Robbie says he wasn’t out or nearly out, I have no reason to believe that wasn’t the case.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't say it wasn't, but Askren let go because Herb told him to. There's no reason to believe for certain that Robbie was going to eventually escape.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know when I see dudes get choked out they just hop on like it was the first second of the fight.

I want to see them run it back. Askren not wanting to cement that win is some Colby shit. Funny thing is, as fucking corny as Colby is, I think I might like him more than Askren. But I want to see them all scrap. I want Robbie v. Colby, Askren v. Till, Askren v. Masvidal, Robbie v. Masvidal, T-Wood v. Robbie 2, I love this division.
    It's not "some Colby shit" (wtf). Askren is 34 years old, didn't want the fight in the first place (he called out everybody BUT Lawler; I'm pretty sure the matchup was Dana's way of trying to stick it to him) and there are loads of new matchups waiting for him. All this time outside of the UFC and you want him to come in and fight the same guy twice in a row? No thanks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say it wasn't, but Askren let go because Herb told him to. There's no reason to believe for certain that Robbie was going to eventually escape.
    There's no reason to believe that Robbie WASN'T going to escape either. You're basing it on what? Askren choking out little dudes in China? Come on G.

It's not "some Colby shit" (wtf). Askren is 34 years old, didn't want the fight in the first place (he called out everybody BUT Lawler; I'm pretty sure the matchup was Dana's way of trying to stick it to him) and there are loads of new matchups waiting for him. All this time outside of the UFC and you want him to come in and fight the same guy twice in a row? No thanks.
    Askren's 34 years old and acts like a 13 year old girl nowadays. I liked him in Bellator, calm, chill, did his thing. And that's just me.

And yes, I don't give a fuck how long he was or wasn't in the UFC, you come in and that's a win you're proud of?

A tiny tiny % of die hard as fuck MMA fans wanted to see Askren in the UFC, stop pretending like this was some great trade. MM and Askren are the same dude essentially. Dominant as fuck in a whack division, only this time it's MM going down and Askren moving up in competition. And he about died.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash Diesel fears the dad bod.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash Diesel fears the dad bod.
    lol. When the dad bod's only offense was an OG bulldog choke, I think we're straight lol.

I would fuck up Ben Askren quicker than Bang Ludwig did Jonathan Goulet.