Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Well now you’ve hit an odd note. Because Ronda Rousey would absolutely destroy John Cena in a real fight, but somehow Cena is the one that Becky would have no chance with?
    LOL.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If she cant take his leg out immediately(she cant) she gets mutilated by Cena pretty quick. No chance she can get inside on a man that size and do any damage at all.

You can sell the hype for intergender wrestling but lets not pretend men and woman are physical equals whatsoever.

Its science, not sexism.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lol @ any woman alive beating up the Doctor of Thuganomics. Not gonna happen.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it seems unlikely ronda would be able to do anything to cena. can't overcome that level of size and strength difference.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would Ronda beat my ass? heck yeah. She is not doing squat to Cena in a real fight.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necessary context: Candy Floss is a tiny 19 yearold that likes sweeties. TK Cooper is a fucking jacked athlete with an ego to match.

That out of the way: Watch this fucking match. Watch it and honestly tell me that you think it's bad, or that it's unbelievable that a better technical wrestler outwrestled the bigger opponent, or that an egotistical prick underestimated his opponent, or that an underdog going in with a mission took a hell of a beating and kept getting up for more and giving back just as much as she took. If you do you're either a damn fool, willfully blind or a fucking liar. There's no two ways about it, this is a fundamentally damn good match, and it would have been with two women or two blokes.

Intergender wrestling where the competitors are presented as relative equals, and not booked to be a joke are not more inherently unbelievable than any other wrestling match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...Becky vs. Corbin at Summerslam?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck yeah.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please please make it stop.

Although watching Corbin deep six Lynch was sorta akin to seeing Custer standing there alone shooting off his six shooter as the 'Indians' surround and shoot him down at Little Big Horn.
    Last edited by NWo4LifeOr2Years; July 15th, 2019 at 5:44 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    no thanks

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Sure if they want to totally kill any credibility either of them have built for themselves. Corbin...6'6" 270lbs legit badass and we're supposed to "suspend belief" for a match with him v. 5'2" 115lbs. Becky Lynch? Beth Phoenix v. Santino Marella I get. This one...yeah we're not seeing anything beyond maybe a sub story where they keep this lame rivalry between Rollins and Corbin going since Lesnar won't be on t.v. every Monday per usual.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a thought. How about Becky actually have a good feud with a woman other than Charlotte?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Here's a thought. How about Becky actually have a good feud with a woman other than Charlotte?
    Problem is, there is nobody else on the roster (since Ronda left and since Sasha is missing in action) who is even close to their level. Beth Phoenix?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Problem is, there is nobody else on the roster (since Ronda left and since Sasha is missing in action) who is even close to their level. Beth Phoenix?
    They (WWE) just need to put women in feuds with Becky and that should elevate them even more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Alexa Bliss

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whose problem is that? Shouldn't the WWE build opponents for the top woman's draw? Not sure how long Nia Jax is out or when/if Sasha comes back but there are two right there. They aren't even using Asuka, Embero Moon, Naomi or Kairi Sane

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They (WWE) just need to put women in feuds with Becky and that should elevate them even more.
    They tried that with Lacey, who showed potential, but she predominantly showed that she's not ready. The whole Lacey experiment so far makes me appreciate how special Ronda really was.

If they insist on Becky retaliating against Corbin, I hope she breaks his arm or shoulder and gets him off TV for several weeks. If there ever was any character who would benefit from a couple months off TV, it would be Corbin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They tried that with Lacey, who showed potential, but she predominantly showed that she's not ready. The whole Lacey experiment so far makes me appreciate how special Ronda really was.

If they insist on Becky retaliating against Corbin, I hope she breaks his arm or shoulder and gets him off TV for several weeks. If there ever was any character who would benefit from a couple months off TV, it would be Corbin.
    See, I disagree with a lot of people who are saying Lacey Evans isn't ready. She isn't ready for what? To be in a women's title feud? Based on what? She's delivered great promos, she gets serious heat, she can wrestle pretty well....

I honestly hope they don't go any further with what happened last night between the 4 of them. Not everything needs a payback because that's the WWE for ya, 50/50 until they kill off the people involved and make them boring as fuck. It's like a never ending game of tag. Rollins got the payback for Becky by beating the living shit out of Corbin and curb stomping him 3 times. There's nothing else that needs to be done.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Corbin/Lacey/Rollins/Becky feud is over and done with. Like ND said, Rollins got the payback. That's it. Let it go.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She seems like she's the female equivalent of Elias. She can carry some segments with her personality but it's going to be very hit or miss on whether or not you're going to be able to have someone carry them to an average, even more so to an above average match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Elias was doing just fine in the ring as a face or heel. His matches with Reigns, Balor, and Rollins were good to very good. I don't think he really gets the opportunity to work in the ring because they don't think his character needs it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    She seems like she's the female equivalent of Elias. She can carry some segments with her personality but it's going to be very hit or miss on whether or not you're going to be able to have someone carry them to an average, even more so to an above average match.
    She as in Lacey Evans?

I mean, if we're basing this solely on the matches she's had with Becky.....It's not like Becky is known for carrying matches and making it great. She's more personality than technical ability and we don't have enough out there to truly judge Lacey Evans and what she can or can't do with the rest of the roster.

With Becky we can, and it's few and far between where I've left a match of hers going "She really made this match better"

I thought Elias was doing just fine in the ring as a face or heel. His matches with Reigns, Balor, and Rollins were good to very good. I don't think he really gets the opportunity to work in the ring because they don't think his character needs it.
    Yeah Elias is pretty run of the mill when it comes to wrestling but he gets the job done. And the fact his character work is so good it kind of makes up for whatever he lacks in the ring.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the matches with Charlotte, do any Becky Lynch matches really stand out? maybe the one with Sasha from NXT?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the matches with Charlotte, do any Becky Lynch matches really stand out? maybe the one with Sasha from NXT?
    Shit the only match of hers against Charlotte that stands out in recent memory is the match they had at Evolution. But I'll be honest, there's so much wrestling in my 37 year old brain that I can't say with certainty that Becky hasn't had great matches. But she's not someone who I ever looked at and constantly expected a great performance like I do with Charlotte or Asuka for example.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit the only match of hers against Charlotte that stands out in recent memory is the match they had at Evolution. But I'll be honest, there's so much wrestling in my 37 year old brain that I can't say with certainty that Becky hasn't had great matches. But she's not someone who I ever looked at and constantly expected a great performance like I do with Charlotte or Asuka for example.
    I'm sure she's had good matches on the main roster but I really can't think of any that doesn't involve Charlotte. I'm not saying it to be a dick just legit asking. Her rumble match with Asuka was pretty good, I guess.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure she's had good matches on the main roster but I really can't think of any that doesn't involve Charlotte.
    I mean, if the biggest negative about Evans is that we're not sure if she can hold her own in the women's division......I guess that's not that big of a deal because imo she's proven herself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She as in Lacey Evans?

I mean, if we're basing this solely on the matches she's had with Becky.....It's not like Becky is known for carrying matches and making it great. She's more personality than technical ability and we don't have enough out there to truly judge Lacey Evans and what she can or can't do with the rest of the roster.

With Becky we can, and it's few and far between where I've left a match of hers going "She really made this match better"
    Yes, her.

And I wasn’t basing it just with Becky. She’s done stuff with Natalya, tag and singles stuff with Bayley. I was actually there to watch the singles match with Bayley and it just didn’t look good. So those two, other than Becky, are ones you should hold in higher regard when it comes to carrying matches, and I wasn’t impressed or thought she did okay.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 2 out of 3 falls match Elias had with Miz the other week was probably the best match he's has had since coming the main roster. He might finally be putting it together in the ring.

There was at least one really good match in her feud with Mickie James, but most of them were sabotaged by being too short or having multiple commercial breaks. You could count the 3 way Ladder match with Asuka, but that was more about making Charlotte look like a badass. I missed Becky's singles match with Asuka at the Rumble and still haven't seen it, but I remember people liking it.