User Tag List

Thread: NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame

I was reading an article from earlier this year about the top 50 wrestlers, stables, celebrities not currently in the WWE Hall of Fame. I'll link it at the bottom because I do believe it's a very good list and tons of potentials. It's just crazy to me that you still see names like Rick Martel, Earthquake, Bigelow, Demolition, several others still not there but one day I'm sure we will. It also started making me sad realizing we could start seeing guys like Batista and The Rock.

Who stands out that you'd like to see or maybe don't want to see?

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...actions-others

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off that list Slick and Miss Elizabeth should definitely be in. There are others, and I'm intentionally ignoring the more recent ones like Batista because I'm sure he'll get in but going back to 80s and 90s (or before) is always a nice touch with the hall ceremony.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd love tonsee Boris Zhukov and the Orient Express get in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had only one complaint about some of the more recent HOF ceremonies it's that I wish they would give us a little more with the non-televised inductions. They're inducting people that were instrumental in the formation of the business and the influences on other talents. I understand WHY, you only have so much time in the day but this is why the WWE should definitely try to put together a physical building.

I used to think it would be weird to have a WWE owned wrestling hall of fame but I imagine they would make it 90% WWE and have a wing of people who didn't work directly with the company but had influence on the business, the wrestlers, promoters, etc. I can only imagine the time and money it would take to simply maintain the place.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like them to honor a few of the more well known jobbers. Don't make a joke out of it, but pay respects to guys like Mike Sharpe, Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Horrowitz and LA Gore

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Agree on Elizabeth and Slick. Martel should be a lock, and unlikely as it seems, I'd like to see Jim Johnston at least be offered a place.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    I'd like them to honor a few of the more well known jobbers. Don't make a joke out of it, but pay respects to guys like Mike Sharpe, Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Horrowitz and LA Gore
    I see them in on the legacy wing. With no speech like SD Jones got in

I wonder if Vince is going to headline within the next couple of years
    Last edited by Bluegunn; September 22nd, 2022 at 1:35 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martel isn't in???? Don't get that one at all, unless he turned it down.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew that either. Always assumed he was in.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it for what it is but Prichard said Martell wants to leave the wrestling business behind him and that is why

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had heard that about Martel, and that he had painful memories of friends lost, and he had promised God he would never look back if God would help him get sober. He had a really rough time getting clean so I can understand doing everything to avoid the temptation. Last I heard was that he was healthy and at peace with where he was at, so good for him.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Johnston belongs in the Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Jim Johnston belongs in the Hall of Fame
    Definitely. I know him and WWE are/were not on the best of terms but his theme composition was legendary!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a question though I realise very very unlikely right nowwith the circumstances, AEW tourney and Martha backing it up. But with Vince now no longer in charge……

A. Will Owen get in? B. If yes to A then maybe a bit sooner now?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Here’s a question though I realise very very unlikely right nowwith the circumstances, AEW tourney and Martha backing it up. But with Vince now no longer in charge……

A. Will Owen get in? B. If yes to A then maybe a bit sooner now?
    I think in this scenario it's not so much about Vince but the WWE itself. But you never know. Triple H repaired the relationship the WWE had with Bruno for a huge amount of money, same with Warrior. People don't think about the fact Bruno didn't come back because Triple H is cooler than Vince, it was a multi million dollar deal. Same with Warrior.

Owen's situation is obviously much different. There's so much more to this than Vince, money, who is or isn't in charge. I would like to think Owen will one day be in the HOF but when is the question.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of the ones, that aren't currently active demolition stands out. They were absolutely the dominant team at a time when tag teams were use. The Steiner Brothers and Earthquake (who did have a moment as #1 heel) stand out. I'm more optimistic than the authors that Miss Elizabeth eventually gets her posthumous moment.

I guess I'm in the minority of not being buggered about Rick Martel not being in

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Of the ones, that aren't currently active demolition stands out. They were absolutely the dominant team at a time when tag teams were use. The Steiner Brothers and Earthquake (who did have a moment as #1 heel) stand out. I'm more optimistic than the authors that Miss Elizabeth eventually gets her posthumous moment.

I guess I'm in the minority of not being buggered about Rick Martel not being in
    Steiners just went in last year. Demolition I think are in that boat of talent that tried to sue the WWE about 5-6 years ago for concussions. I can only imagine how I would feel as the WWE when you get some of these guys who debuted in 1973, worked for the WWF for a couple years, had another 30 years in the business, but let's go after the WWE because we don't know how to manage our money.

Demolition will eventually make it though. I think a lot of those wrestlers regret trying to make a quick buck. Sorry that you weren't making Hogan money at the Lansing Michigan Comic Convention in 2015. Fuck that whole lawsuit was just such a joke.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i completely forgot the Steiner just went in.

I agree on those points. As the people who were there during the lawsuits retire, you're going to have more GenXers deciding who gets into the HOF. less people who care about a really old lawsuit, and more who want to see who the grew up watching go in And then Ax and Smash likely go in.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some thought I'd like to see a few of the jobbers get in, as mentioned for legacy. Horowitz and Sharpe and Brooklyn Brawler especially. Maybe Zach Gowen if he can make his entrance by Brock tossing him down a flight of stairs to get there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i completely forgot the Steiner just went in.

I agree on those points. As the people who were there during the lawsuits retire, you're going to have more GenXers deciding who gets into the HOF. less people who care about a really old lawsuit, and more who want to see who the grew up watching go in And then Ax and Smash likely go in.
    Well to be fair the lawsuit I'm talking about wasn't that long ago. I'm not talking about the Bill Eadie/Axis the Demolisher situation. They've made figures of Demolition since then. I'm talking about that concussion lawsuit that was thrown out just a couple years back where everyone from Horshu to Jerry Saggs were suing the WWE for shit nobody could prove was on their watch. And literally every wrestler that was part of that regrets it that I've heard talk about it. They were all broke trying to act like the WWE was the NFL when the WWE is more like the Dallas Cowboys and the business itself is the NFL. Imagine a guy who played in the CFL for 10 years and the NFL for 1 game trying to sue the NFL for CTE.

With all of that said, time heals all wounds. Scott Steiner is a prime example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    After some thought I'd like to see a few of the jobbers get in, as mentioned for legacy. Horowitz and Sharpe and Brooklyn Brawler especially. Maybe Zach Gowen if he can make his entrance by Brock tossing him down a flight of stairs to get there.
    I 100% believe those 3 names should be in the HOF. They made everyone look good.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think in this scenario it's not so much about Vince but the WWE itself. But you never know. Triple H repaired the relationship the WWE had with Bruno for a huge amount of money, same with Warrior. People don't think about the fact Bruno didn't come back because Triple H is cooler than Vince, it was a multi million dollar deal. Same with Warrior.

Owen's situation is obviously much different. There's so much more to this than Vince, money, who is or isn't in charge. I would like to think Owen will one day be in the HOF but when is the question.
    The money was a factor, sure, but Bruno had real concerns about the direction the business had taken after he had retired. He was not a fan of how much T&A the ladies were about, and how many sick bumps were given away regularly on free TV. He understood the importance of color (blading) but thought it had to mean something. And he hadn't watched in several years because of how disgusted he was with the product. The vulgarity and rampant drug use (not just steroids) were a huge concern to Bruno, as he had been an outspoken critic of the direction Vince had taken. HHH came to him and convinced him that the WWE had actually come to the same conclusion Bruno had been saying for years - that it was not sustainable, hence the PG movement had been in effect for a year or so before HHH approached Bruno. HHH realized, from talking with people who were still close with Bruno (Slaughter, Patterson, Dom Denucci, and others) that Bruno would not have even listened to any large money offer if he couldn't have shown that the WWE had toned down the product.

Bruno was also a very proud guy, and reportedly would have had a problem just taking a pile of cash for appearing at a HOF induction. HHH understood that Bruno did not want to appear as someone who sold out, especially after he had been such a vocal critic for so many years. So they structured the deal that Bruno would get paid (handsomely) not just for the HOF induction, but also for other projects like the Table for 3 episodes, the backstage segments/interviews before the HOF stuff they showed on the WWE network (where Bruno would be able to explain why he came back), and for later inducting Larry Zybysko. And of course, Bruno deserved every penny they gave him.

Warrior was another story. While I try not to speak ill of the dead, Helwig was a piece of shit. I would have been okay if they hadn't inducted him, although I get how much he meant to many guys on the roster.

I always thought Owen would only get in after his wife passes, too. His surviving children will jump at the chance to honor him.

Speaking of jobbers, Zach Ryder and Hornswoggle are a couple of guys who may end up in the Hall of Fame someday. Especially after they retire, and when the WWE doesn't have many guys to make the headliner stand out.

And if Vince had remained in charge, I somehow think the Great Khali might have gotten into the Hall of Fame, perhaps they'd announce it next time they did another tour in India.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if Vince had remained in charge, I somehow think the Great Khali might have gotten into the Hall of Fame, perhaps they'd announce it next time they did another tour in India.
    Khali is in the Hall of Fame, he got in last year.

As for who I think should get in I would say the US Express. Not as a tag team, but singles.

I know Windham is in as a Horseman but he should get in as singles.

Also I think Tiger Jackson should be the first Midget in

Velvet McIntyre also deserves a nod. High flying female and wrestled barefoot.

Harvey Wippleman

Lillian Garcia

Missy Hyatt
    Last edited by Bluegunn; September 25th, 2022 at 1:41 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s pretty weird that Harvey isn’t in yet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    That’s pretty weird that Harvey isn’t in yet.
    I know he still works for them so maybe that's why? To the masses he was a lower card manager of a less than desirable era of WWF. To the smarter fans we all know this guy has been a reliable hand behind the scenes for decades. But look at Howard Finkel. He had been with the WWF over 30 years before they inducted him and it wasn't until he stepped away from the camera.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money was a factor, sure, but Bruno had real concerns about the direction the business had taken after he had retired. He was not a fan of how much T&A the ladies were about, and how many sick bumps were given away regularly on free TV. He understood the importance of color (blading) but thought it had to mean something. And he hadn't watched in several years because of how disgusted he was with the product. The vulgarity and rampant drug use (not just steroids) were a huge concern to Bruno, as he had been an outspoken critic of the direction Vince had taken. HHH came to him and convinced him that the WWE had actually come to the same conclusion Bruno had been saying for years - that it was not sustainable, hence the PG movement had been in effect for a year or so before HHH approached Bruno. HHH realized, from talking with people who were still close with Bruno (Slaughter, Patterson, Dom Denucci, and others) that Bruno would not have even listened to any large money offer if he couldn't have shown that the WWE had toned down the product.

Bruno was also a very proud guy, and reportedly would have had a problem just taking a pile of cash for appearing at a HOF induction. HHH understood that Bruno did not want to appear as someone who sold out, especially after he had been such a vocal critic for so many years. So they structured the deal that Bruno would get paid (handsomely) not just for the HOF induction, but also for other projects like the Table for 3 episodes, the backstage segments/interviews before the HOF stuff they showed on the WWE network (where Bruno would be able to explain why he came back), and for later inducting Larry Zybysko. And of course, Bruno deserved every penny they gave him.

Warrior was another story. While I try not to speak ill of the dead, Helwig was a piece of shit. I would have been okay if they hadn't inducted him, although I get how much he meant to many guys on the roster.

I always thought Owen would only get in after his wife passes, too. His surviving children will jump at the chance to honor him.

Speaking of jobbers, Zach Ryder and Hornswoggle are a couple of guys who may end up in the Hall of Fame someday. Especially after they retire, and when the WWE doesn't have many guys to make the headliner stand out.

Yeah they basically paid him an astronomical amount of money in comparison to every other hall of famer including Hogan, Austin, etc. to give a 10 minute speech, a couple sound clips for Table for 3 and I think an action figure. The guy was 80 something years old getting paid 6-7 figures but it wasn't about the money. They structured his deal in a way that would make it appear he wasn't but he really didn't do anything. I don't believe for one second money wasn't #1 and everything else was an ocean size distant 2nd.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, I still don't see any need for Wimpleman. He was never a big part of the onscreen presentation. Yeah, he does a lot behind the scenes, but if you asked a casual to name managers, how many of them even remember Harvey?

Howard, at least, was a part of every presentation of that era. And he's still probably low end to me.

That being said, Young Rock has probably increased Downtown Bruno's chances of being enshrined by approximately 1045%

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they basically paid him an astronomical amount of money in comparison to every other hall of famer including Hogan, Austin, etc. to give a 10 minute speech, a couple sound clips for Table for 3 and I think an action figure. The guy was 80 something years old getting paid 6-7 figures but it wasn't about the money. They structured his deal in a way that would make it appear he wasn't but he really didn't do anything. I don't believe for one second money wasn't #1 and everything else was an ocean size distant 2nd.
    When it comes to Bruno, the very best ever, I am still a mark, and only choose to believe good things about him. When you consider how so many old wrestlers ended up with mush brains, he deserves even more credit for still being so sharp in his later years. He was sharp enough to realize that the Hall of Fame had no real legitimacy without him. He deserved every penny he got.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, I still don't see any need for Wimpleman. He was never a big part of the onscreen presentation. Yeah, he does a lot behind the scenes, but if you asked a casual to name managers, how many of them even remember Harvey?

Howard, at least, was a part of every presentation of that era. And he's still probably low end to me.

That being said, Young Rock has probably increased Downtown Bruno's chances of being enshrined by approximately 1045%
    Bruno just comes across as a great guy, one of the unsung heroes behind the scenes that has been doing it forever. I'll say this, we're going to start seeing more and more of the early mid 90's wrestlers/managers going in and he was one of the very few managers of the Bret/Diesel/Shawn 90's era. It was basically him, Sunny, Johnny Polo, Luna, and Sable.

When it comes to Bruno, the very best ever, I am still a mark, and only choose to believe good things about him. When you consider how so many old wrestlers ended up with mush brains, he deserves even more credit for still being so sharp in his later years. He was sharp enough to realize that the Hall of Fame had no real legitimacy without him. He deserved every penny he got.
    A couple years later he would've been inducted by David.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple years later he would've been inducted by David.
    A posthumous induction would've saved the company a pile of cash, but it would not have meant the same thing to fans.

Randy Savage stayed (or was kept) away for political reasons, and while his brother Lanny accepting the HOF on his behalf was done about as well as it could have been, it was clearly not the same as we might have hoped for, had Randy gotten the chance to say "Oh Yeah!" one more time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A posthumous induction would've saved the company a pile of cash, but it would not have meant the same thing to fans.

Randy Savage stayed (or was kept) away for political reasons, and while his brother Lanny accepting the HOF on his behalf was done about as well as it could have been, it was clearly not the same as we might have hoped for, had Randy gotten the chance to say "Oh Yeah!" one more time.
    Idk. Bruno was like 85 when he was inducted. It didn't really bother me if it was him or his spirit. He should've been inducted with Andre the Giant years ago but I get it. It took Bob Backlund forever to get inducted as well. I'm curious how many real fans of Bruno, people who actually saw him before 1980 that tuned in. It's cool when you get these older fans that still watch and are checking out the stuff about the older talent like Bruno, Pedro Morales, etc.