User Tag List

Thread: Should Ronda Rousey turn heel?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Ronda Rousey turn heel?

Her face reactions are not what they were...she will be booed against Becky for sure

Anyone see her joining with Steph and screwing over Becky at Mania?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be all for her turning, just not siding w/ Steph. The heel authority stuff is a turnoff.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel turn, sure. Corporate angle, not really. She can just lean into being the biggest effing deal and star and all that and start getting more arrogant and cocky about it. Talk trash to the fans booing her, how they don't respect and appreciate her and her efforts, etc., she came into their world, excited and eager and willing to learn and work to be respected and this is how they respond? Hell, she can address the bullshit about her only having four moves or whatever by saying that's all she needs to beat the best WWE has to offer because she's that deadly. She could easily be a mega heel.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thirded. Heel turn but no Steph involved please.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like that. Not sure it's appropriate quite yet. Becky is going to get cheered over everyone right now anyway so I don't think it makes Ronda look bad.

But when it happens I'd like it to be against someone that the audience might feel sorry for. Something tells me Ronda could play an excellent asshole.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes to the heel turn. I think she should've been heel from the start tbh just like Shayna was.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, keep her as is. Let her be real about the way some of the fans respond. Instead of how Cena/Roman have done where they jokingly acknowledge getting booed.

The thing is....She's one of the most popular wrestlers. It's just right now, with Becky in the mix, she's taking a backseat. The marks are siding with one of our own versus an "outsider" fan.

And does anyone notice Ronda likes to cram as many words in one breath as she can?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'll be honest, keep her as is. Let her be real about the way some of the fans respond. Instead of how Cena/Roman have done where they jokingly acknowledge getting booed.

The thing is....She's one of the most popular wrestlers. It's just right now, with Becky in the mix, she's taking a backseat. The marks are siding with one of our own versus an "outsider" fan.

And does anyone notice Ronda likes to cram as many words in one breath as she can?
    Yes. She does that a lot. To the point that sometimes she's hard to understand. I think it's just her getting so amped up before she speaks. She brings that intensity and sometimes she steps all over her lines.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; February 6th, 2019 at 5:32 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yes. She does that a lot. To the point that sometimes she's hard to understand. I think it's just her getting so amped up before she speaks. She brings thst intensity and sometimes she steps all over her lines.
    I've done it in those heated arguments lol. You get so worked up you just lay into that person and have to cram.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fans were favouring Charlotte over Ronda too even though she broke the rules so there's scope for her to turn and just say fuck the fans.

At the end of the day though, as long as they don't put too much more of Steph and HHH into this Becky/Ronda feud then it should be fine.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yes. Next question.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The fans were favouring Charlotte over Ronda too even though she broke the rules so there's scope for her to turn and just say fuck the fans.

At the end of the day though, as long as they don't put too much more of Steph and HHH into this Becky/Ronda feud then it should be fine.
    Someone said that a couple weeks ago and I went back and put on that Survivor Series match and the crowd didn't give a shit about Charlotte until she broke out the cane and whipped the shit out of Ronda.

Definitely agree with that last part. Triple H and Stephanie always trying to rub shoulders with whatever is the hottest thing going in wrestling honestly annoys the fuck out of me.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone said that a couple weeks ago and I went back and put on that Survivor Series match and the crowd didn't give a shit about Charlotte until she broke out the cane and whipped the shit out of Ronda.

Definitely agree with that last part. Triple H and Stephanie always trying to rub shoulders with whatever is the hottest thing going in wrestling honestly annoys the fuck out of me.
    While the cane played a big part in hyping up the fans, that would be something for them to recall if Ronda turned. The fans cheering her being lashed.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ronda's already turned for the most part. When she got rattled by the fans last Monday and cut that intense promo about killing Becky with her bare hands, that felt really heelish. The WWE just needs to make it official and have her insult the fans.

Ronda had to go on twitter and clarify what she said at the end of her face to face with Becky backstage at RAW this week. She needs to pace herself and take a breath once in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full on dastardly heel? I'd like it, but it might not be necessary. But she will need to play the heel part in this Mania story though, the crowd won't have it any other way. Just lean into the crowd reactions, don't fight them (which it seems like they've started doing).

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's leaving after Wrestlemania anyhow. But yes, awful on the mic and is hyper sensative about everything and you can see it in her face as well as her tweets.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ronda should be Ronda and Becky should be Becky...
    They don't need a heel here...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to wait for the other Horsewoman before a turn.

It's still real to me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said I don't think "turning" her heel is the proper move. Ronda is going to get heat naturally from the portion of the fan base that does not connect with her due to a variety of reasons.

It's better to let it be organic. If they just go all out heel I think she will be met with apathy and silence from the crowd. Let her live in the tweener space for a while, some of the most compelling TV over the last few years has come from characters that aren't defined.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to let her play who she is, and don't want her to go all out heel, because I don't think she's ready for that kind of promo. Should they let her accept the fact that she's gonna get booed, or even acknowledge it? Right now, I think they have to, because if they try to keep her the squeaky clean face, she just seems too rattled when she gets a negative reaction. I don't think its a work.

It's pretty amazing how well she is doing, when we consider how new she is to the business. To that extent, I am wondering who she should be working with to get a better sense as to how to deal with the crowd. Maybe she should be a guest on "A moment of Bliss?" as Alexa always owns the crowd. Rhonda did well in her segments against Stephanie, but they are using Steph to help explain keeping Becky away from Ronda til Mania. I suspect that Rhonda will go to Steph and demand Becky get reinstated.