User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm either missing Breaking Bad or it hasn't started over here yet because I was aware of it and really wanted to see Bryan Cranston back in action.
    The plot sounds pretty crazy too, definately should check up on that one and see when it's on

I know The Wire has been/is on FX too so I should get to see all three of Dexter/Breaking Bad and The Wire with regularity.

Cheers.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it hasnt started on FX yet.

Breaking Bad that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep seeing trailers but I never pay attention to the starting date, it looks pretty cool though. I wonder if they give Cranston a chance to be funny in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's funny on occasion, but this show couldn't be anything farther from "Malcolm"...it's very much not a comedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I read a little about the theme and it seems incredibly dark. Looks like there'd be a few opportunities for some laughs though.
    I don't want to de-rail the Dexter discussion too far so is there a Breaking Bad thread?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that Dexter the tv series wasn't staying fully faithful to the original novels, how far have they deviated bearing in mind

A special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Yeah I read a little about the theme and it seems incredibly dark. Looks like there'd be a few opportunities for some laughs though.
    I don't want to de-rail the Dexter discussion too far so is there a Breaking Bad thread?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that Dexter the tv series wasn't staying fully faithful to the original novels, how far have they deviated bearing in mind
    There's very little, if anything, that season 2 of Dexter took from the books, other than Doakes' suspicion of Dexter.

Stuff that happened in Book 1 that's different from the show (obviously, if you don't want the books spoiled, don't read these):

Book 2:

Book 3 (I don't remember this one as well, since I've only read it once):

That's just a few of the major differences that I can recall off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else could list more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The books are good, but compared to the show, they are awful. I just cant stand Lindsays style of writing, but was willing to look past that because I love the characters. However, even Dexter himself is less palatable in the books. Unlike the show where he almost perfectly pulls off being normal (except in his relationship scenes with Rita), in the books he is strangely eccentric and just not as likable.

Also Korrupt, in your mentions of Book 2:

Book 2 bothered me because it seemed like the majority of it was just an attempt by the author to be as gruseome as possible and seemed like it was written by a student as part of his credit.

Book 3 bothered me because of its supernatural themes and because much of it is shown from the point of view of the Dark passenger, even before it became joined with Dexter. I didnt like that idea, I prefer the series being much more ingrained in psychology rather than the paranormal.

A special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Excel View Post
    The books are good, but compared to the show, they are awful. I just cant stand Lindsays style of writing, but was willing to look past that because I love the characters. However, even Dexter himself is less palatable in the books. Unlike the show where he almost perfectly pulls off being normal (except in his relationship scenes with Rita), in the books he is strangely eccentric and just not as likable.
    While I do agree that Dexter is less palatable in the books, I kind of enjoy it that way more. In the TV show, there are times where it really seems like Dexter is displaying a lot of emotion for a sociopath, especially when it comes to Rita. In the show he does actually seem to care about her, whereas in the books he really is only using her for a disguise.

It just seems to me that in the show, they're giving you reasons to like Dexter, despite what he is, while in the book, he's very upfront about being an inhuman monster with few, if any, redeeming qualities, and we still end up liking him, even when we shouldn't.

Also Korrupt, in your mentions of Book 2:
    True. I forgot about that point actually.

Book 2 bothered me because it seemed like the majority of it was just an attempt by the author to be as gruseome as possible and seemed like it was written by a student as part of his credit.

Book 3 bothered me because of its supernatural themes and because much of it is shown from the point of view of the Dark passenger, even before it became joined with Dexter. I didnt like that idea, I prefer the series being much more ingrained in psychology rather than the paranormal.
    I didn't really have a problem with the gore in book 2, but I will say that I did prefer the first book to it. As for book 3, I agree completely. The paranormal stuff was garbage, and really dragged the book down. Hopefully book 4 will be better.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im halfway through season 2. It really is a bit bloody good. Don't understand all the lyla hate. I like her.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Lyla myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's all gums and bad acting, Johnny Allen is her dad.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    season 3 episode 1 leaked.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest View Post
    season 3 episode 1 leaked.
    It didn't leak. It was released in the box set for Brotherhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gotten it. Fucking awesome! Dexter is back and is as great as ever. So glad I got to see this early, was killing me waiting for the end of the month.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eh, I don't know about that announcement at the end of the episode. Other than that, the show seems to be progressing in all the right ways.

Although, I still can't find it with in me to enjoy Deb at all.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's one of the most annoying characters on tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deb might be a fairly annoying character but she was waaaaaaay better as both an actress and addition to the show than that annoying English piece with the big gums and average face.

Season finale ruled, Breaking Bad starts on Sunday!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When does season 3 start in America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurrahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the first episode of Breaking Bad because some power generator outsidce my mates house started to explode.

Boooooo!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FX normally repeat these things on a tuesday or wednesday I think.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Deb might be a fairly annoying character but she was waaaaaaay better as both an actress and addition to the show than that annoying English piece with the big gums and average face.

Season finale ruled, Breaking Bad starts on Sunday!
    The Brit chick never bothered me. She served a purpose and the climax to that story was exciting. Deb just sucks and takes up too much screen time. The actress is mediocre and her character feels like the product of some shitty focus group. "Oh, she calls Dexter a dildo and acts like a slut, this is a girl you DON'T want to bring home to mom!" Get out of here with that horse shit. It's the same "You go, girl" stereotype that we've been force-fed for ages. If the female fans of the show need a woman to relate to, it's Rita. She actually acts like a human being and isn't annoying.

Deb needs to be killed off. The wrong character died at the end of season two.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    The Brit chick never bothered me. She served a purpose and the climax to that story was exciting. Deb just sucks and takes up too much screen time. The actress is mediocre and her character feels like the product of some shitty focus group. "Oh, she calls Dexter a dildo and acts like a slut, this is a girl you DON'T want to bring home to mom!" Get out of here with that horse shit. It's the same "You go, girl" stereotype that we've been force-fed for ages. If the female fans of the show need a woman to relate to, it's Rita. She actually acts like a human being and isn't annoying.

How is she a 'you go, girl' stereotype? She strives for the acceptance of her dead father cause he didn't love her as much, and clings to the only family she knows to, an at times, annoying degree. She's definitely not some 'independent WHOAman' cliche.

And you're saying that the character women should relate to is the woman who was so weak she allowed herself to be abused, both physically and mentally, by an overbearing, controlling husband?

I really don't get where you're coming from here.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her being in love and being retarded with the FBI guy made me quite angry.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see how that'd annoy people, but personally, I loved it, cause Keith Carradine is fucking awesome.

Could've done without seeing his saggy ass though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    "Oh, she calls Dexter a dildo and acts like a slut, this is a girl you DON'T want to bring home to mom!" Get out of here with that horse shit. It's the same "You go, girl" stereotype that we've been force-fed for ages. If the female fans of the show need a woman to relate to, it's Rita. She actually acts like a human being and isn't annoying.

Don't get so wound up sweetheart, nobody said Deb was great but she's a damned sight better than Lyla. You're acting like I said Deb was amazing, when in actual fact I mentioned her because she irritates me but to a far lesser extent than both the character of Lyla and the actress who plays her.

That part you've written about Rita is debatable too, she's incredibly annoying. Realism has nothing to do with it either, she's clearly there to show Dexter has a compassionate and caring side that wants to blend into society as best possible yet ends up becoming attached to everything about her.

If Deb had died at the end of the series then it'd have achieved nothing at all and would have offered more questions than answers as to why Dexter operates the way he does at all.
    She needs to be alive so he has someone to feel responsible for, the same applies to Rita and the kids.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I find Rita entirely unlikeable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Honestly, the girls I know that watch the show aren't so brain dead that they NEED to rally behind a female character to enjoy the show. They watch the show for Dexter like everyone else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that aside...I'm loving the new season. The ending to Finding Freebo was amazing, and the dynamic that now exists between Dexter and Miguel should be great. I'm also thinking that Deb's subplot is going to be quite interesting with the three different wild card players (the IA "cunt", Quinn, and the Anton the CI).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    All that aside...I'm loving the new season. The ending to Finding Freebo was amazing, and the dynamic that now exists between Dexter and Miguel should be great. I'm also thinking that Deb's subplot is going to be quite interesting with the three different wild card players (the IA "cunt", Quinn, and the Anton the CI).
    Considering the time already spent this season showing us how Dexter now resents Harry for using him, I'm predicting that Miguel's story is going to parallel that. Like, maybe Miguel can get behind the idea of using Dexter to take more bad guys off the street.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving Season 3.

I was so behind Dexter in this one rooting him to

Was really good and the tension Dexter is feeling by being tied to Miguel is great.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jimmy Smits is the Kenny Lofton of drama.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Is anyone else getting the feeling that LaGuerta and Wolf might hook up or one of them will want to hook up.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    Is anyone else getting the feeling that LaGuerta and Wolf might hook up or one of them will want to hook up.
    Out of everything that's happening on this show, this is the question you bump the thread with?

Hehe.

I wasn't really digging this season through the first few episodes. Thought it was doing alright, but didn't smack me in the face like the two previous starts did. I thought the whole 'Dexter accidentally kills the ADA's brother, who is good friends with his Lieutenant and therefore sticks around a lot' was a little too convenient. Then Rita getting pregnant, while making perfect sense after three seasons, just seemed like a cliche storyline, although the reveal was fantastic and caught me off guard. Then yet another sicko killer roaming the streets of Miami? This serial killer to citizen ratio in that city is absolutely ridiculous. But as it's progressed, everything has come together so, so well, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. Miguel and Dexter's relationship is incredibly engaging, and it's really refreshing to see Dexter revealing parts of himself slowly. I'm really hoping this season doesn't end up like the other two, with the 'guest star' of the series ending up six feet under, cause I'm enjoying Smits a lot, and would like to see this friendship develop throughout another season, especially...

I suspect the wedding will take place on the season finale, and I'm thinking some serious shit will go down.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    Out of everything that's happening on this show, this is the question you bump the thread with?

Hehe.

I wasn't really digging this season through the first few episodes. Thought it was doing alright, but didn't smack me in the face like the two previous starts did. I thought the whole 'Dexter accidentally kills the ADA's brother, who is good friends with his Lieutenant and therefore sticks around a lot' was a little too convenient. Then Rita getting pregnant, while making perfect sense after three seasons, just seemed like a cliche storyline, although the reveal was fantastic and caught me off guard. Then yet another sicko killer roaming the streets of Miami? This serial killer to citizen ratio in that city is absolutely ridiculous. But as it's progressed, everything has come together so, so well, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. Miguel and Dexter's relationship is incredibly engaging, and it's really refreshing to see Dexter revealing parts of himself slowly. I'm really hoping this season doesn't end up like the other two, with the 'guest star' of the series ending up six feet under, cause I'm enjoying Smits a lot, and would like to see this friendship develop throughout another season, especially...

I suspect the wedding will take place on the season finale, and I'm thinking some serious shit will go down.
    Well i didn't wanna spoil anything and i wasn't sure on how to make the spoiler tags.

But you didn't answer my question hehe

As for the season finale i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Jimmy Smits is the Kenny Lofton of drama.
    Too true, too true.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but so far, I'm enjoying this season.

I'm with Morrison on Miguel. I think he adds quite a bit to the series, and Dexter struggling with choosing between Miguel and Harry is a really interesting dynamic. And Smits has been quite good as well.

I think I'm more interested in this season than I was at this point last season, which is kind of surprising to me because I wasn't thrilled with the first couple of episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another class episode, Miguel is the second best character the show's ever had (after Dexter), which is saying something as it's chock full of excellent characters and always has been, bar Jaime Murray..

The actor who plays Miguel is absolutely magnificent too I want to see more things with him in. I want him to be my friend

As I mentioned last season was severly tainted by the appauling Jaime Murray who is horrendous in everything I've ever seen her in, so her playing someone we're meant to hate just fuelled my hatred towards her

Masuka

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss Doakes.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doakes was really fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really miss Doakes too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss Doakes.
    Same for me. There was a time when I felt like Doakes was just in the way of storylines I wanted to see unfold, but the character brought a lot to the table.

Here's to Doakes

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's watching you, mothafucka.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally caught up to the US after our networks basically started showing Season 1 a few months ago.

As for this season I'm leaning: (I'll just spoiler the whole damn thing)

The most wonderful thing about Dexter (the show) is to watch him try to learn about people and deal with general situations without having the basic life teaching many many people take for granted. The heart of the show isn't the murder or the serial killer bit but rather him trying to get through life like we all do and figure out what he actually wants from it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving this season so far. Smits has been outstanding as Miguel, and this storyline has been awesome. Only one small problem I've noticed with this storyline though.

Besides Miguel and Dexter though, you know who I'm really loving this season? James Remar as Harry. I thought he was solid during the first two seasons, but in season three, I think he's really benefitting from the shift in his relationship with Dexter. It's allowing him to do more, and I think he's really standing out now.

I still miss Doakes, though. Easily the greatest character ever on this show, besides Dexter of course.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KorruptJustice View Post
    Besides Miguel and Dexter though, you know who I'm really loving this season? James Remar as Harry. I thought he was solid during the first two seasons, but in season three, I think he's really benefitting from the shift in his relationship with Dexter. It's allowing him to do more, and I think he's really standing out now.
    The difference was in the last two season, he was mainly shown in flashbacks, now he's being shown in "crazy Dexter daydreams."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, Dexter has a real problem now. Miguel is gonna be out of control.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved that episode... Pretty clear Miguel gets the knife soon. Should be an epic way to end a great season.

I get more impressed with Jimmy Smits every week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typed that up before I had even seen the preview.

Also, the people who theorized that Anton was the Skinner were obviously wrong.
    Last edited by Wedge; November 17th, 2008 at 4:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ergh, could we keep stuff in the previews to spoilers please? I'd rather not have known that.

Loved the last ep loooooved it, Miguel is just mental I really look forward to seeing how this plays out.

And I fucking loved Deb in this episode, not sure what it was but she was just brilliant in it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sure, but technically I don't see it as spoilers, because it's previewed. I know it's too late for you, but I'll spoiler it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can accept the argument it's technically not spoiler cause it's in the preview, but cause I download it I don't see previews, even if I had the option I wouldn't watch them, gives too much away for my liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The torrent I watched cut the credits, and therefore the preview, off.

Anyone know where I can see it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showtimes website does the previews, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and this episode was great. Loved the look in Miguels eyes when he made the kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another tremendous episode.

I actually thought that was pretty shoddy acting from Miguel when he made the kill, he just looked really wooden and flat.

Where the fuck is Masuka? Am I forgetting him saying he was leaving the force or something? He's excellent and needs to be in it more, even if there's the grand sum of fuck all he can really contribute to at the moment.

I love the rebellion Dexter is having against his father's wishes and teachings, it's a nice development to Dexter's character and really puts something else into their (strange) relationship.

So is Maria bisexual? She hinted at something with Batista with the date for the police dinner party thing but also constantly seems a bit puppy-eyed with the insanely ugly woman whose name I forget. Sure it might just be she admires her but I'm thinking it's deeper than that. Would be great.

Assuming he is indeed the skinner, I was slightly disappointed in how obvious they made it that George King was the man, not that random taxi driver stabber chap.

7 days now

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bits View Post
    I can accept the argument it's technically not spoiler cause it's in the preview, but cause I download it I don't see previews, even if I had the option I wouldn't watch them, gives too much away for my liking.
    It really doesn't, though. The thing I love about the Dexter previews is that they tend to be very manipulative, and are edited in a way to suggest things will play out one way, only for things to go differently when the episode airs. Like the preview for the episode last season where they discover the box of blood slides and have Dexter sitting there at the desk with Lundy and Matthews staring holes through him. They made it look like Dexter was fucked, since they only showed Doakes finding the slides in the dark, then Dexter being taken in by all the FBI agents in the middle of then night. They left out the part where Doakes leaves them in his trunk when he leaves the country. So I was left asking all these question about how Dexter was going to get around it all week, then come time for the new episode, everything is answered, and I'm shocked even more. They're a great little device.

I really, really loved this last episode. The humor was especially well done, I thought, and the progression of the Miguel/Dexter storyline was amazing, with the kill being one of my favorite scenes in the entire series thus far. I just wish they'd of dragged out Miguel going rogue a bit longer. I'm just a tad disappointed, cause it looks like they're going to go down the same kind of path as the last two seasons, where Dexter has to clash and eventually kill the person that he's gotten closest to in the season or the one who understands who he really is the best. I'd just like to see a bit of stability in that aspect of the show for more then a season. Though they could always surprise me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, Miguel's dead. Of course, it'll take 3 episodes now.

I did like the "twist."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit when Dexter went nuts at the end there I was like "WHAT THE FUCK", and ofcourse it was just a short fantasy. However, the look in his eyes wasn't, that look told a thousand books worth of information about what Dex was feeling.

One thing I hope he realises though is that had he not killed Frebo and dumped the body, that all these people, including Anton, would never have been hurt. Its the butterfly effect that has permiated this season.

This is great stuff, but I cant help but wonder if or how Miguel will die. I mean, just killing him would be bad, the people affected by it, La Guerta, Rita, Sylvia et al. But then I wondered the same about Doakes, and they managed to make that work. The writers of this show have earned something very hard to earn from me, FAITH. I always have faith in them to not screw it up and get it just right, because they always do.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, I really was disappointed and not digging them turning Miguel into some deceptive prick. The course of events that led up to him and Dexter becoming friends made his intentions seem real genuine, so I kinda cock my eye at him being so blatantly underhanded so soon after he finds Dexter has killed Freebo, especially when all he knew at the time was that it was in 'self-defense.' And beyond that, I was really enjoying Dexter being able to open up, and was hoping that having a person he could confide in would be the catalyst for him to develop real, true feelings like a normal person. Granted, they still managed to work that in there, with him now feeling anger, but still.

But after thinking about it, the rest of this season can still be pretty spectacular. The one-upmanship that's likely to go on could be fun. The likelihood of Miguel dying is still rather high, but like Excel, and Dexter's lesson to Miguel itself, said; there is fallout from a kill. It touches people personally. And Dexter killing Miguel is something he's going to be faced with on a constant basis if he goes through with it, with Rita and Sylvia being best friends and co-workers, with his Lieutenant being a close friend of Miguel and a former(and apparently, for at least another one off occasion) lover. And he can't really set Miguel up to fail and get caught, because he knows Miguel will do all within his power to bring Dex down with him, and he can no longer afford that. So it seems like the only solution is to let Miguel roam free, and live by his own code. Or the likely fourth option that I'm not clever enough to figure out.

I have faith in these writers, as well, so I trust however this ends up, I'll be surprised and satisfied, and left eagerly anticipating the next season.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything Morrison said, so I won't retype it.

I will, however, say that at the end of this episode I squealed like a teenage girl in anticipation of next week. I don't want to wait seven whole days...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way does Migeul survive. No chance, the real question is going to be when do thsoe two start playing Spy vs Spy and how does Dex win. Dex wouldn't set up Miguel to get caught. He tried (or started to try) that shit with Doakes because he couldn't kill Doakes according to the code. Miguel no longer has that protection, then add to that he's not just a threat to Dexter's safety and freedom he accomplished something no one else has. He pissed Dex off.

I figure the fun part of these next three episodes is going to be watching Dex and Miguel play Spy vs Spy and then from there we've got the wild card King.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent episode.

The shot of dead Ellen made me jump a bit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doct1400 View Post
    he's not just a threat to Dexter's safety and freedom he accomplished something no one else has. He pissed Dex off.
    Exactly. We've seen cold, calculating Dexter, troubled Dexter, conflicted Dexter, and a couple others...but we've never seen angry Dexter. Which I why I can't wait to find out what he does.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't like the forced latino accent they overly script for Miguel and Maria. The way they pronounce Oscar and Ramon drives me crazy. It reminds me of those ridiculous El Torito commercials where a half white guy turns on the accent in an over-the-top way.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    El Torito Grill is fucking aces.

El Torito is fucking shit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    El Torito Grill is not fucking aces, it is just a bit better than regular El Torito.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    Exactly. We've seen cold, calculating Dexter, troubled Dexter, conflicted Dexter, and a couple others...but we've never seen angry Dexter. Which I why I can't wait to find out what he does.
    I'm fairly certain that angry Dexter kills people. I'm more curious if he's going to go through the entire ritual, specially after a whole episode (or three) of Miguel talking shit.

And of course there is always King to take into account.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way does Migeul survive. No chance, the real question is going to be when do thsoe two start playing Spy vs Spy and how does Dex win. Dex wouldn't set up Miguel to get caught. He tried (or started to try) that shit with Doakes because he couldn't kill Doakes according to the code. Miguel no longer has that protection, then add to that he's not just a threat to Dexter's safety and freedom he accomplished something no one else has. He pissed Dex off.

I figure the fun part of these next three episodes is going to be watching Dex and Miguel play Spy vs Spy and then from there we've got the wild card King.
    I'm fairly certain that angry Dexter kills people. I'm more curious if he's going to go through the entire ritual, specially after a whole episode (or three) of Miguel talking shit.

And of course there is always King to take into account.
    The last two seasons have you thinking one thing, only for curveballs to be thrown. You got Deb dating the Ice Truck Killer, then it's also his brother. Last season it was Doakes finding Dexter, then Dexter agreeing to turn himself in, then Layla coming out and blowing him up. Nothing is really certain when it comes to Miguel's fate.

The Skinner case has to play a bigger part in things. I find it hard to believe they'd give so much time as a way of just developing Deb, Quinn and Anton. I'm all for having fleshed out supporting characters, but that just seems odd. So I wouldn't be surprised if Dex and Miguel go at each others throats, only to come together to take down King after something drastic happens in the departments pursuit of him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The season 2 DVD cover is probably the best DVD cover of all-time. Not that I watch the show, but maybe I'll start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have indeed seen angry Dexter, in the very first episode when Dexter is about to kill the child killer "TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!" he was very angry. However, this was the pilot, and things change, or alternatively, it could just bebecause children were involved.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Can't believe this hasn't been bumped after the last episode. What an ending can't wait to see what happens next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was excellent once more this week. I have to say I saw the twist at the end coming as soon as it was made clear that Dexter was being watched. Should've twigged it that something was up (no pun intended) when Miguel gestured to him to meet him on the roof though.

There can't be many more episodes left of this season surely? That makes me quite unhappy.

Masuka is brilliant as well with his comedy laugh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Two episodes left i think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, two more.

Can't wait to see how Dexter gets out of the jam and then figures out how to take Miguel out without drawing attention to himself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My birthday is tomorrow, but I think I'm looking forward to next Sunday more...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Yeah, two more.

Can't wait to see how Dexter gets out of the jam and then figures out how to take Miguel out without drawing attention to himself.
    I actually think Dexter will get out of the jam quiet easily as i think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, good point...that'd be typical Dexter bait and switch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty much why his cell was dialed.

Courier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genius!

Never even thought of that...

I hate that this season is drawing to a close, by far one of the best series out there..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear it's scheduled to run through atleast season 5. Good times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scene on the roof is one of my favorite scenes from any movie or series.

Cuz I will FUCK you back! In ways you never even imagined!
    Last edited by Mark84j; December 4th, 2008 at 4:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    I actually think Dexter will get out of the jam quiet easily as i think

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went back to that part.

---> No tazer. It was duct tape.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Courier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasnt a tazer, it was duct tape being wrapped around his wrist, but would the bachelor party do that?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    With Masuka anything is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?! No Bump?! After last nights episode? Jesus!

Seems Gary J is a bit of a clever bastard eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna bump earlier, got distracted by dinner. Fucking fantastic ep, good call on the bachelor party thing Gary J, I wouldn't have seen that myself.

So much stuff happened in this ep it was just brilliant to watch, Masuka was fucking hilarious in particular, I love him.

Alot of stuff wasn't quite explained at the end, like were Laguerta actually is, and was that her house Dexter was using? That does make me wonder.

Agree with you Excel I'm going to miss Smits alot too, he's been amazing in this especially these last couple of eps, hopefully we see him in some kind of flashback/vision type thing in this last ep at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I can't help but wonder about that thing with Deb towards the end

Quote Originally Posted by Bits View Post
    Alot of stuff wasn't quite explained at the end, like were Laguerta actually is, and was that her house Dexter was using? That does make me wonder.
    I assume that LaGuerta was at the place Dexter said he would meet her in that answer machine message, so as to get her out of the house. As for the house Dexter was using, I would doubt it was hers, most likely Ellen Wolf's
    Last edited by Excel; December 8th, 2008 at 5:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I can't help but wonder about that thing with Deb towards the end

I'd forgotten about that, should be interesting to see where it leads.

I assume that LaGuerta was at the place Dexter said he would meet her in that answer machine message, so as to get her out of the house. As for the house Dexter was using, I would doubt it was hers, most likely Ellen Wolf's
    Ah, could be.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It sure looked like her house...

Incredible episode. Really pleased that there is still one left after what I assumed all season would be the final story happening this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the final one next week? That's really gay.

Whoever said about the bachelor thing, TAKE A BOW SON.

Quality episode, Masuka ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final ep:

Not sure what there is to say really, this is definetly one of the best shows on TV and I can't wait to see what they do next season.

Also Deb was looking rather fucking lovely in this ep, I love her a little bit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed this episode. I too felt part of it was rushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me that they have wrapped up Ramon, I dont think he'll be a factor next season.

This season did seem somewhat slow and understated compared with the previous two, but this one was much more about Dexter exploring himself and discovering what he wanted from life, making amends with Harry and learning what he will and wont be able to have in his life. As quickly and mutely as Miguel was taken out, and as much of an afterthought as The Skinner was, they were both just plot devices designed to take Dexter through the steps he took as a person this series. They werent high profile like the Ice Truck Killer, and weren't as serious a thread to Dexter as being caught in Season 2, but they served to help him to grow as a person.

If you can find a more character driven series on TV I'd like to see it, this is the kind of TV that I love. A good plot is great, but tru characterisation built around a less prominant plot is what makes for fantasticly deep and meaningful entertainment. Dexter gives me that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why did they wrap up Ramon? Because Dexter told him he understood him? The whole point of that scene was to show that even though Ramon had been arrested, he was going to be out in a few days. 1 last favor to the brother of the dead ADA. I think it wrapped him up nicely for this season, but I certainly can't imagine he just disappears next season. In fact, he finally showed in that scene that he might actually have some acting chops...

Also, why the fuck was the blood analysis guy allowed to talk to an arrested Sheriff in the first place. That whole scene made absolutely no sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did they wrap up Ramon? Because Dexter told him he understood him? The whole point of that scene was to show that even though Ramon had been arrested, he was going to be out in a few days. 1 last favor to the brother of the dead ADA. I think it wrapped him up nicely for this season, but I certainly can't imagine he just disappears next season. In fact, he finally showed in that scene that he might actually have some acting chops...

Also, why the fuck was the blood analysis guy allowed to talk to an arrested Sheriff in the first place. That whole scene made absolutely no sense to me.

Actually I'd say the point of the scene was to show that Dexter had misunderstood Ramon and he came to the realisation he could actually just reason with him by reminding him about the family he still has.

As for the fact Dex got to talk to him, maybe cause he was friends with Miguel? Laguerta maybe pulled some strings? I don't think it's that out there that he'd have got to talk to him.