User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vince McMahon leaves/returns & possible WWE sale

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Not sure why they'd be opposed to it. He was generating revenue, reportedly. Vince didn't get along with him and he didn't get along with Vince, reportedly. Seems like a big part of the equation is resolved.
    Ah, I wasn’t aware of that I remember it happening around the budget cuts and thought it was a money issue.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd be ok if Bray never returned. I'm wondering if a lot of the AEW guys, like Adam Cole, Keithly, ftr, etc would come back once their deals are up, though I'm sure they've probably got years left

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Ah, I wasn’t aware of that I remember it happening around the budget cuts and thought it was a money issue.
    I believe it was reported he was making a good amount of money, but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze in terms of the animosity that was there between the two of them.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumors are rumors. The strong rumor was that the WWE felt like they had given him a ton of time off over the years and when Brodie Lee passed he needed more and more time off. Also there was something about when he was taken to court by his ex-wife that the WWE had to provide all these financial statements and stuff they didn't want to have to deal with. So yeah I definitely see it being a situation where they were like look, you're the shit but you're barely here....

I love Bray Wyatt and would love nothing more than to see him return to the WWE.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Vince being under a federal investigation with his hands in the cookie jar means he is gone maybe forever. They have not being disclosing millions of dollars since 2006. That is big no no. I understand the stock is high now, but I got a feeling that once the SEC starts really asking questions, I think we are going to see cracks. There is also some TV specials about Vince coming soon that appear to be very damning.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I imagine Dunn is out by the end of the year. If it were me as Hunter, I'd look to hire back whatever production staff he's lost over the last two years. I'd also probably look at Prichard and Heyman to be the next in command for creative and then give each of them one of the shows. Prichard wouldn't be my top choice but I don't know who is in their pipeline for that. Buck stops with Hunter and he comes up with big stories he wants to see through, but its on Heyman and Prichard to get them there. Regardless, Hunter leading creative and talent relations seems like too much on his plate. Having him oversee the creative and then having those two execute the plan in their own ways will help avoid redundancy in storylines from show to show (hopefully). Hunter is probably going to look to bring back some the females that have been let go in NXT over recent months (Dakota, Tegan, Franky, Candice), call Io up and really help develop the women's divisions and the tag picture.

edit: I also think (and Fightful is confirming the suspicion) that a healthy amount of people who left or were let go over the last few years and have gone elsewhere would have second thoughts when their contract comes due, and they'd now consider going back with Hunter leading things.
    Two other names I'd monitor: Morrissey and nZo.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think Morrisey is a much better chance than Enzo

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Adam Scherr recently posted a cryptic “You never know” on his IG story, has never once badmouthed the company despite having every right to do so. I would imagine Braun and Bray are two talents that Hunter would use properly.

One of the commenters on the main page mentioned that Hunter was/is a big Sasha guy, so that’s another name that I could see returning.

War the Paul Levesque era…hell yeah, fuck yeah…

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Vince being under a federal investigation with his hands in the cookie jar means he is gone maybe forever. They have not being disclosing millions of dollars since 2006. That is big no no. I understand the stock is high now, but I got a feeling that once the SEC starts really asking questions, I think we are going to see cracks. There is also some TV specials about Vince coming soon that appear to be very damning.
    Hopefully they'll be worth a damn and not Nailz and Wade Keller giving their opinions. Where were these tv specials the last 30 years? I've been waiting since the 90's for a Vince special on 60 Minutes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Adam Scherr recently posted a cryptic “You never know” on his IG story, has never once badmouthed the company despite having every right to do so. I would imagine Braun and Bray are two talents that Hunter would use properly.

One of the commenters on the main page mentioned that Hunter was/is a big Sasha guy, so that’s another name that I could see returning.

War the Paul Levesque era…hell yeah, fuck yeah…
    Does Braun have every right beyond freedom of speech to trash the WWE? What would there be to trash them about?

You have to wonder what Triple H thought of certain talent that we automatically blame Vince for their shortcomings. I know he was more high on Sanity than the Wyatt Family saying Sanity is what he wanted the Wyatt Family to be. Remember, all these decades with not just fans but actual talent ranging from The Rock and Jericho to Paul London and Carlito saying Triple H was a master politician and not always looking for others.

But you have to remember, this is the guy who came up under the learning tree of The Klik and idolized Ric Flair and Vince McMahon. I'm excited for what he can do but shit he'll have to answer to at the very least Stephanie. She's been #2 in creative since Russo left in 1999.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Braun coming back to wwe is not part of his narrative

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is quite clear that we don't really know what this means or could mean moving forward.
    One example is that people are saying this could change the approach to the way the WWE video games are done, but we have already seen in the past that Vince did not always get his way on that, so the wild speculation could have some truth to it, but certainly not all of it is good news or even news in general.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wasn't Nick Khan behind all the releases? Would Triple H be able to bring anyone back easily?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Wasn't Nick Khan behind all the releases? Would Triple H be able to bring anyone back easily?
    We don't really know for sure. Nick came out and said that if people want to blame him, he'll gladly take the blame.

I've been listening to the recent 83 Weeks episode with Bischoff talking about Vince retiring and he made a good point about WWE creative. He said when he was there going back to 2002-2003 until now he never really knew who actually came up with storylines and characters. They were talking about how once you put a face to an idea it suddenly changes your opinion. IDK how many people ever saw the Dixie Carter Youshoot interview but she said when the TNA crowds were chanting "Fire Russo" during a non-Russo produced segment, she told the crew that the next time that scenario happened whoever was actually responsible was getting fired lol. DAMN!!!

Triple H for all we know was just as guilty of people getting released. You have to remember, NXT was still developmental. There were times per Corny that the WWE would tell him they should push certain talents that they were planning on bringing up. So you get Leviathan (Batista) as champion, you get Prototype and Lesnar wearing various titles despite Corny thinking they weren't ready and they should instead call up Rob Conway and Doug Basham. Maybe Triple H wasn't high on certain wrestlers despite getting tv time in NXT. Or maybe some main roster people he just wasn't a fan of and was glad to see go. No different than sitting in a room with Vince in 1995 doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are saying that without Vince Ziggler and R-Truth will be in bad spots moving forward.
    Not looking forward to that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    Some people are saying that without Vince Ziggler and R-Truth will be in bad spots moving forward.
    "Some people" as in....? Triple H? Bruce Prichard? Nick Khan?

I assume these are the same people who said Lesnar walked out on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Truth sees a 50% reduction in 24/7 title reigns, his projected career total drops down to 50 title reigns.

That would certainly impact his HOF chances, so hopefully his place on the card can survive Triple H.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the 24/7 Championship thing is just about the biggest thing they've ever done for him. Now it just needs to actually go somewhere.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not anticipating increased focus or significance for the 24/7 title.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true, I would miss R-Truth a lot more than I'll miss Ziggler. The timing is interesting, because Dolph is in the midst of an active face turn and storyline with Theory.

And since we're discussing what Vince's departure may mean for current superstars, it seems natural to wonder about Theory. He's in the midst of a mega-push, and for the most part, he is handling everything they're giving him. The question is whether HHH thinks as highly of him as Vince does.

When does the MITB contract expire? Presumably, it will be good for a year, so just after next year's Mania. Even before Vince's announcement, I was not expecting Theory to actually cash in against either Brock or Roman. I expected that this story with Dolph will lead to a ref bump, Dolph coming out and tries to kick Theory, but somehow hits Bobby instead, and Theory wins his US title back. Then we can have Theory coming out after Roman retains, but before he cashes in, Bobby come outs and hits Theory with the hurt lock. We get a staredown with Roman vs. face Bobby, and Theory has both his MITB contract and the US title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    And since we're discussing what Vince's departure may mean for current superstars, it seems natural to wonder about Theory. He's in the midst of a mega-push, and for the most part, he is handling everything they're giving him. The question is whether HHH thinks as highly of him as Vince does.

When does the MITB contract expire? Presumably, it will be good for a year, so just after next year's Mania. Even before Vince's announcement, I was not expecting Theory to actually cash in against either Brock or Roman. I expected that this story with Dolph will lead to a ref bump, Dolph coming out and tries to kick Theory, but somehow hits Bobby instead, and Theory wins his US title back. Then we can have Theory coming out after Roman retains, but before he cashes in, Bobby come outs and hits Theory with the hurt lock. We get a staredown with Roman vs. face Bobby, and Theory has both his MITB contract and the US title.
    I don't think Theory is going to get cast aside but I can imagine his push is going to dissipate a bit. Unless Vince gave a mandate to push Theory in NXT, Triple H was already pushing Theory in NXT. He was getting matches with all of the top guys, and they were on the longer side and he was able to have spotlight time despite losing. Then he was repackaged in The Way and pushed there. I think they see the obvious: they need younger talent to emerge, he's got a look and can work, and they're just developing the rest of the skill set.

The briefcase is good for a year. I'm of the mindset he's going to cash in on Saturday, do something foolish and then eat a loss from Reigns directly in that so Lesnar doesn't have to directly be related to the finish.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see Sasha back.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #BringBackDexterLumis

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I am not anticipating increased focus or significance for the 24/7 title.
    Neither am I, which is ridiculous because it desperately needs it.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't shock me if the 24/7 title is scrapped.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kind of surprised it has lasted as long as it has. I like it and find a lot of the bits entertaining but still little shocked that it has stuck around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long was the Hardcore title a thing? 3-4 years before RVD unified it? 240 title changes....I can see the 24/7 title sticking around but I'm with the majority. It's a fun title but shocked it's lasted this long. It really is this generation of wrestling's hardcore title. I wasn't a fan of that belt when they put it on Crash and started doing the 24/7 shit. RVD and Undertaker as champions were really the only post-24/7 rule champs that I enjoyed.

I honestly can't say I've enjoyed anything but MAYBE the wedding segment and when Truth got beat by some Fox Sports guy. I thought ok maybe they'll have John Cena win it as Peacemaker at a red carpet event but naw they just basically did what they did 20+ years ago. Make it about the lower card and that usually would fuck your perception of a top tier guy going after it (Jeff Hardy for example) randomly chasing Dana Brooke or whoever.

These titles just cheapen the talent and it's soooo niche that you can't really make it a serious thing. I guess you could put it on a bad motherfucker that just squashes people who try to get a quick one on him at the hotel or after a match. IDK, just odd.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Wouldn't shock me if the 24/7 title is scrapped.
    Indeed. I have heard this come up many times and some people even want it.
    Personally, I think the more titles the better, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

My idea to keep the 24/7 Title alive and get fan backing would be to give the champion attention. Make the champion instantly become a loud mouth.
    I'd start with having a women's wrestler win it and have that woman use the focus to get attention back on the women's tag titles.

That would just be an attempt to keep both belts alive, and would eventually need to be something else, but if they're just going to scrap it anyway, I'd prefer this.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see Sasha back.
    Why would she come back? She was in Star Wars, I imagine she will do acting.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Cause she's a Triple H girl. And come on, I've seen Sasha Banks act on WWE TV, she's not going to be successful in Hollywood, unless she takes acting lessons.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked the idea of a sudden veering off the comedy path for the 24/7 Title and having a monster/badass type win it and doing an open challenge-esque situation where they're killing folks every week and people are afraid to challenge them, etc. Funny I say "veering" when a guy like Veer Mahan would be perfect for that. Just come out when half a dozen folks are fighting and lay them all out and get the win, then a promo, "no more fun and games, only PAIN!". Let's go.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll agree. We've seen the 24/7 Title as a comedy title and people are treating it as such. For it to have any hope at longevity, it's going to need a different angle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She wasn't in Star Wars let's just make that perfectly clear. And also, a shit ton of actors are in these movies doesn't mean anything lol.

More often than not wrestlers do not go on to have success in Hollywood. There's a reason Matt Hardy still wrestles and didn't say fuck it and continue his acting career lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cause she's a Triple H girl. And come on, I've seen Sasha Banks act on WWE TV, she's not going to be successful in Hollywood, unless she takes acting lessons.
    She had 2-3 lines on Mandolorian and now she's all ready for that next step in her career. lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really convinced that Vince sticking around would have really hurt the company financially speaking. I feel like he's more the kind of guy who does not really think "any press is good press", but, rather, negative press is extremely bad.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    She had 2-3 lines on Mandolorian and now she's all ready for that next step in her career. lol
    The Rock was a shitty CGI model and had zero lines in Mummy II and they gave him a whole ass movie with Scorpion King.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rock was a shitty CGI model and had zero lines in Mummy II and they gave him a whole ass movie with Scorpion King.
    I mean let's not act like The Rock isn't the single most Hollywood ready wrestler of all time. Now I haven't seen Sasha act but I'd bet she doesn't have that kind of screen presence.

And besides, Sasha is a wrestler. Nothing else she ever wanted to do.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rock kicked absolute ass in that movie.
    Whatever your smoking, please cut the dose.

Or at least give Badger some.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hardcore title was the WWE title compared to the 24/7 title. Atleast with the hardcore title you’d get to see someone smacked with a trashcan or chair before the pin. The 24/7 title is literally a “surprise” roll up every time. I’d put it on Omos, it can help both him and the title.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought she was pretty good in the Mandalorian. She has obviously been very unhappy for some time now, will HHH being in charge really change that? Still have the punishing travel, the toll on your body, which you wouldnt have anywhere near the same extent in acting.

She wasn't in Star Wars let's just make that perfectly clear. And also, a shit ton of actors are in these movies doesn't mean anything lol.

More often than not wrestlers do not go on to have success in Hollywood. There's a reason Matt Hardy still wrestles and didn't say fuck it and continue his acting career lol.
    The Mandalorian isn't Star Wars?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes because Sasha Banks and The Rock=same person. Are they giving Sasha a whole ass movie based on Koska Reeves? Highly doubt it.

I thought she was pretty good in the Mandalorian. She has obviously been very unhappy for some time now, will HHH being in charge really change that? Still have the punishing travel, the toll on your body, which you wouldnt have anywhere near the same extent in acting.

The Mandalorian isn't Star Wars?
    It's in the Star Wars universe if that's what is being implied. But I highly doubt anyone on the Boba Fett or Mando shows tell people "Yeah I was in Star Wars" because people will automatically think of the movies. Gigantic difference.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone says they were in Star Wars, I would take that to mean the SWU.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mandalorian is Star Wars now.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash Diesel - "But water isn't wet! Something, something Americans/Britons..."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I'm in Wandavision can I say I was in the Avengers?

Does Alden Ehrenreich say he was in Star Wars, or does he say he was in Solo?

Personally I think you have to distinguish between the shows, the cartoons, the comics, etc. Again, Sasha Banks wasn't in Star Wars. She was on The Mandalorian for a few seconds.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Personally I think you have to distinguish between the shows, the cartoons, the comics, etc. Again, Sasha Banks wasn't in Star Wars. She was on The Mandalorian for a few seconds.
    Well, Star Wars is used to describe the whole universe. If you were in Wandavision, you'd say you were part of the MCU, not Avengers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Star Wars is used to describe the whole universe. If you were in Wandavision, you'd say you were part of the MCU, not Avengers.
    I just think if you're going to talk about Sasha Banks and how she doesn't need wrestling she was in Star Wars, some context needs to be made clear right?

The guy doing a random clone voice on Clone Wars bragging about being in Star Wars is an odd flex and one that I wouldn't do without saying "I was in Star Wars-I did the voice of Clone 274 on episode 3 for Clone Wars"

Just like I don't think Dave Grohl tells people he was in Queen because he did a song with Brian May.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash has found another hill to die on folks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash has found another hill to die on folks.
    Stop trying to gain sympathy nobody likes you. Coming from me that's saying something because I'm barely liked lol.

I'm just saying, if you're going to say Sasha doesn't need to come back she was in Star Wars....let's show a little context. Like that was some star making performance. It was so good they didn't ask her to return lol.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a message board, couldn't give a shit.

As I said, thought she was good maybe she will do something else.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a message board, couldn't give a shit.

As I said, thought she was good maybe she will do something else.
    No what you initially said was that she was in Star Wars why would she go back. You're up in arms that I told you that context matters.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't seen the Mandalorian, because even though Jaws was my scene, I don't like Star Wars. I just think she would return to WWE if Triple H was leading the way. Triple H would probably have a better vision for women's wrestling and women's tag team wrestling, as it was known that Vince didn't care about tag team wrestling enough.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen the Mandalorian, because even though Jaws was my scene, I don't like Star Wars. I just think she would return to WWE if Triple H was leading the way. Triple H would probably have a better vision for women's wrestling and women's tag team wrestling, as it was known that Vince didn't care about tag team wrestling enough.
    We have to remember he was booking NXT when they introduced the women's tag, and then had the titles change the same night....I don't think Triple H cares about tag wrestling. Especially women's tag wrestling when you look at how often he would switch the titles in NXT.

Sasha just seems like a diva. Not WWE diva, just the traditional negative definition of one. Triple H isn't going to put up with that bullshit when he has a laundry list of women who are better in every aspect. Professionalism goes a long way even for a guy like Triple H (Curtain Call). But he paid the price and I honestly don't think it matters to Sasha either. For all we know it was Triple H's idea that pissed them off.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can say you're in marvel.

And if wandavision becomes more well-received than the most recent movies and then eclipses them in merchandising, you can tell Hawkeye you've got two words for him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont watch Star Wars or the Mandowhatever but Star Wars is a movie and the other is a tv show, you cant say Sasha was in Star Wars unless she was in the movies. And if she was in Star Wars WWE would have promoted the fuck outta her.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if there's anything I can do to help make this forum any nerdier than it is as a wrestling forum in the 2020s.

And now I find myself myself in a conversation about whether a wrestler is properly be identified as being in Star Wars.

Mission accomplished.

Star Wars is the brand/universe name. They brand shows with it just like movies.

I still agree that it wasn't a major role that guarantees any type of future.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh ohh, can I also chime in on this silly battle of personal connotations and semantics?

Star Wars is a franchise that she was in. Mando, Book of Fett, Obi-Wan, etc. are as much a part of Star Wars as the D+ MCU shows are part of the MCU. If you were on WandaVision, you were in the MCU. You don't get to dismiss TV shows that are part of the franchise just because you don't think someone's role will lead to anything more. Pretty sure that's a logical fallacy of some sort...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I dont watch Star Wars or the Mandowhatever but Star Wars is a movie and the other is a tv show, you cant say Sasha was in Star Wars unless she was in the movies. And if she was in Star Wars WWE would have promoted the fuck outta her.
    So what is Obi Wan now? What a ridiculous statement.

Sasha was in a scene directly with Luke Skywalker. You can't get much more Star Wars than that.

Also, Ashoka, Mando and Boba's shows are eventually going to the movies in a trilogy to pay off the build up between the 3 shows so this argument is a moot point.

Back on topic - I personally can't believe Vince stepped down and retired. I understand it's a different story considering his role in a public traded company but a Vince McMahon of 20 or 30 years ago would have just told everyone to fuck off and went to war win, lose or draw.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Virms!

How is it going?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sometimes I wonder if there's anything I can do to help make this forum any nerdier than it is as a wrestling forum in the 2020s.

And now I find myself myself in a conversation about whether a wrestler is properly be identified as being in Star Wars.

Mission accomplished.

Star Wars is the brand/universe name. They brand shows with it just like movies.

I still agree that it wasn't a major role that guarantees any type of future.
    I know right. I just stayed out of it because it seemed weird that this discussion was even happening

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God the Mandowhatever sucked.

On the other hand, that would have been a good name for Damien Sandow when he started doing the angle with Miz.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    So what is Obi Wan now? What a ridiculous statement.

Sasha was in a scene directly with Luke Skywalker. You can't get much more Star Wars than that.

Also, Ashoka, Mando and Boba's shows are eventually going to the movies in a trilogy to pay off the build up between the 3 shows so this argument is a moot point.

Back on topic - I personally can't believe Vince stepped down and retired. I understand it's a different story considering his role in a public traded company but a Vince McMahon of 20 or 30 years ago would have just told everyone to fuck off and went to war win, lose or draw.

I agree he totally would have. We also have to remember that it was his decision to take the company public. If this is a privately owned business then we possibly never even hear about this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I agree he totally would have. We also have to remember that it was his decision to take the company public. If this is a privately owned business then we possibly never even hear about this.
    To be fair, before they went public we heard even worse shit than him paying off some women. Everything from Vince covering up a murder to covering up sexual favors between agents and talent, plus the early 90's steroid trial, Owen's death. We would've heard about this because that's the nature of the business.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Internet makes it hard for stories to stay quiet. Also makes it easier for fake news to be heard, so fuck the internet

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always a backup plan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Vince comes back as Mr. America II?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Vince comes back as Mr. America II?
    More likely, he will come back in drag as his long lost sister, Vincennza McMahon. More in line with his sense of humor.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or he comes back in drag as Vino

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hoping he comes back as the younger brother of Elias and Ezekial.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going to show up in NXT as Giovanni Vincey

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to PWInsider, Johnny Ace was officially fired within the last week.

So long Scrappy Doo People Power!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably got to use up a bunch of unused vacation etc. first

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How incredible would be if Vince goes off and starts another company instead?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sasha and Naomi come back, will it be portrayed as a "cleansing our hands" because of the way Vince and Johnny Ace treated women?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How incredible would be if Vince goes off and starts another company instead?
    He’s pushing 80, he doesn’t need that stress.

And yes, 3puppies, I think the face pop for the Sasha and Naomi returns will be huge.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how Vince feels about Trips rehiring so many released wrestlers and the comments about him being less approachable. Are family dinners awkward now?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I feel Vince has more pressing issues on his plate than being butthurt about which athletes his son-in-law rehires…

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s pushing 80, he doesn’t need that stress.
    Is life really worth living if you can’t handle a little stress?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how Vince feels about Trips rehiring so many released wrestlers and the comments about him being less approachable. Are family dinners awkward now?
    He's old not delusional. I'm sure when he took over from his dad and the first guy he brought in was Hulk Hogan who his dad banned from the company, he assumed Trips would bring back people Trips had plans for.

Family dinners have probably always been awkward it's dinner with Vince McMahon lol. He just found out what a burrito is.

I feel Vince has more pressing issues on his plate than being butthurt about which athletes his son-in-law rehires…
    lol I was thinking the same thing but on the other hand, Vince is 99% WWE. That 1% he just compartmentalizes and carries on just like he did in the 80's with the Patterson situation and the 90's with the government. He probably gives no fucks. He's not going to prison, he's the master of no selling and doesn't much time left on this Earth as it is. We're not talking about Bill Cosby and look where he's at. Watching Raw in his living room lol.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Swerve Scott, Keith Lee, and any other fancy people should just walk out of AEW. CM Punk proved you can just go home. They should do that and wait for AEW to fire them and then we can see them on the main roster in WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't help but think about how lazy that pairing is. 2 black dudes just floundering, time to make them a team!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, nearly a month later, and it has been credited with bringing at least 7 wrestlers back, which I guess means at least some good has come out of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, nearly a month later, and it has been credited with bringing at least 7 wrestlers back, which I guess means at least some good has come out of it.
    Maybe. I'm not sold on some of the returns like Dexter Lumis, Hit Row, especially putting them on the main roster.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy to see Hit Row back, since they weren’t around very long for me to really grow a sturdy opinion on them. Lumis… eh he’s ok. Little forgettable in the ring, but at least his character stands out among the rest. I mean at least we won’t be getting Vince’s interpretation of Dexter Lumis, which would have been just Linus, a scared and awkward mite man child.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't help but think about how lazy that pairing is. 2 black dudes just floundering, time to make them a team!
    And calling them "Swerve In Our Glory" sounds dumb and lazy. It's as if someone was playing rock, paper, scissors to get to a name.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't Lumis just have stayed fired? We were never going to get anything else with him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I’m happy to see Hit Row back, since they weren’t around very long for me to really grow a sturdy opinion on them. Lumis… eh he’s ok. Little forgettable in the ring, but at least his character stands out among the rest. I mean at least we won’t be getting Vince’s interpretation of Dexter Lumis, which would have been just Linus, a scared and awkward mite man child.
    I'll be honest. Never been a fan of Lumis. I thought he was terrible in TNA with that weird angle with Christy Hemme. I'm not even sure what to make of his run in WWE. Your Vince version sounds like what they've been doing with him this whole time and that's all Triple H. Not good in the ring, stupid gimmick where he just draws shit-good artist btw.

Hit Row...The issue for me is that we barely saw anything of them in NXT and then boom, they're on the main roster for 1 show and that's it. But due to them not really giving us much, there's room to impress. B-Fab is great just on look alone. The other 2 need serious work. Especially Top Dollar who looks like he started working at Burger King for burgers lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't Lumis just have stayed fired? We were never going to get anything else with him.
    Exactly. Dexter speaks to the men out there who have no self-esteem that can't talk to women but hope that a beautiful woman just falls in their lap and loves the nerdy shit about them. It's unrealistic unless you're a juggalo.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Dexter speaks to the men out there who have no self-esteem that can't talk to women but hope that a beautiful woman just falls in their lap and loves the nerdy shit about them. It's unrealistic unless you're a juggalo.
    This is also referred to as "The Ross Effect"

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to take offense at that until I realized it's pretty much exactly what happened to me...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also referred to as "The Ross Effect"
    Are you sure that doesn't have something to do with getting divorced a lot?
    Or hosting a lot of roasts?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly I get these Friends references thanks to my daughter binging episodes on HBO Max over and over.

Dexter--I just think there are fans that see themselves as a Dexter. Including the goofy mustache lol. This dude looks like a lot of peoples CAW in Here Comes The Pain.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been nice to see Shane make a comeback from this, but, apparently, he still has heat with Stephanie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, they simply haven't gotten to it yet.
    OR, they don't want to bring in another male McMahon for more McMahon/Authority figure shenanigans which just further reminds viewers/stakeholders about the 'Vince thing' going on in the background.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they bring him in as an authority figure?
    It makes more sense that he wants to be in the ring. The last time we saw him he was competing in the Royal Rumble.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they bring him in as an authority figure?
    It makes more sense that he wants to be in the ring. The last time we saw him he was competing in the Royal Rumble.
    Because Shane coming in inevitably starts that way or leads that way, or at the very least veers into the "Well, I'm a McMahon, so I can do such-and-such..." type of storyline.
    Aside from Steph and Trips who are legit running the company, bringing in extra McMahons may be seen as 'toxic' at this time from a PR stance unless they have an essential (non-storyline) purpose.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could decide to go that way, but there really is not anything forcing their hand to do so.
    In fact, I think it would actually make more sense for them to focus more on his in-ring career since that's something that hasn't been done to a great degree.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    They can hold Shane off for Mania. The last thing they need right now is to bring in a name from the past when they are restructuring everything. They need to see of their new formula has the ability to elevate some new talent to the top. Shane camel come back around Mania along with the rock for the spectacle side of things.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no interest in ever seeing Shane again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexter Lumis as a good old fashioned Goddamn psycho killer who just beats dudes up, no-sells shit, and chokes guys out and beats them in a few minutes and never changes facial expressions could work as a great heel foil for somebody.

Doing any more of that InDEX bullshit or putting him in stupid comedy segments that aren't funny or trying to make him a babyface, definitely won't.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been nice to see Shane make a comeback from this, but, apparently, he still has heat with Stephanie.
    Where are you hearing that he has heat with Stephanie?

Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    Or, they simply haven't gotten to it yet.
    OR, they don't want to bring in another male McMahon for more McMahon/Authority figure shenanigans which just further reminds viewers/stakeholders about the 'Vince thing' going on in the background.
    Nobody watching WWE has forgotten about the McMahons. WWE and "McMahon" are synonymous with each other so I don't think it's that deep. Shane is 50+ and has barely shown up in the last 20 years.