User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the Superbowl?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle Seahawks

36 100.00%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 1,401 to 1,496 of 1496

Thread: 2014 NFL Thread

Mr. Pay Per View TheWholeFnShow420's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally the Lombardi trophy is coming back home to Foxborough! Well deserved can't wait for the parade. And Tom Brady as Super Bowl MVP. Couldn't have asked for more.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Bevell should win MVP for the Patriots there

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    I know I would assume to score. But if he gets stuffed, hey call time out and he gets stuffed again now it's a mad scramble to get the ball spotted in time and snapped. I'm not saying I agree but that's the logic.
    This is true. The assumption that everyone is going to get lined up again in a quick and orderly fashion in time isn't assured by any stretch.

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had time to run and that was the only play that made sense if they were going to be ensured their second super bowl in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They tried too hard to outsmart New England and it back fired. Even as a biased Patriot's fan, Seattle should have ran the ball. That was pretty foolish to throw it like that. But I'm not complaining.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I love hearing the producer screaming over
    this interview.

We got real heat with thenetwork. Cue up the pass play I got Roberts lol

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what fucking universe does Marshawn Lynch not make the distance if they called a run play?

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was fucking stupid. Good game though.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pete gave an honest explanation there. They had time to run 3 plays if they threw it and didn't get it and they didn't want to tun it with their 3 WR set vs goal line.

The next argument is why have a. 3 WR set in.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Value is clearly the subjective issue, and there are about five qb's minimum who could have gotten similar production than Rodgers and thus the Packers to the playoffs. While only one guy was able to produce weak in and weak out what Watt was able to this year. He has no control over his team turning the page on their last regime and starting over. A team in transition that he still willed unthinkably close to the postseason, in spite of remarkably subpar qb play to boot.

If the Texans had come out of the NFC South Watt would all of a sudden become more eligible? Because his season would have been framed better?
    Value is Subjective, but Watt is currently the Tracy McGrady of the NFL until his team is in the playoffs. Great player, but not MVP.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston has been the playoffs twice with Watt on the team. He's the best defensive player in the league by a mile, it's not his fault his team has a crappy QB and little talent around him on defense. Quarterbacks are inherently more valuable because they have dramatically more impact on the game. They touch the ball every offensive snap and the defense is forced to respond to them.

I've never understood the idea that individual players should be credited with victories from their teams. It makes a bit more sense with QBs because of how much impact they have on the game, but are you seriously going to dog Watt for his team losing? He's a defensive end, he can't win games by himself. Houston went from 12-4 two years ago to a losing record this year while his level of play barely changed.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good game. Can't believe that the Seahawks made three stupid plays back-to-back-to-back to end the game. Pass play, encroachment, and then the fight. Man that locker room has to be yelling at people right now.

New England played great. They weren't phased even when they were down 10, and Seattle seemed to be stuffing everything. They earned it, and Brady has put himself into GOAT talk. If he wins another one, then probably is the GOAT with out the argument.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Houston has been the playoffs twice with Watt on the team.
    Talking about this specific year.

He's the best defensive player in the league by a mile, it's not his fault his team has a crappy QB and little talent around him on defense. Quarterbacks are inherently more valuable because they have dramatically more impact on the game. They touch the ball every offensive snap and the defense is forced to respond to them.
    No, not his fault. But as I've pointed out there have been other instances where players have played great, and aren't recognized as the MVP.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome game. Swung from another heartbreaking loss for the Patriots to a devastating loss for Seattle in the blink of an eye. I probably would have run the ball down there, but the reaction to the play call is way too harsh. People are acting as if being intercepted is a predictable outcome there when it's actually extremely rare. If he had thrown a TD there people might have been surprised by the call, but the response wouldn't be anything like it's been.

Certainly some kind of vindication for the Patriots. A post-Spygate, post-Deflategate Super Bowl title with no asterisk attached to it. After so many near misses, they definitely were due for another championship. A major notch for Belichick in the greatest coach ever debate, and same for Brady in the greatest QB debate.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    I know I would assume to score. But if he gets stuffed, hey call time out and he gets stuffed again now it's a mad scramble to get the ball spotted in time and snapped. I'm not saying I agree but that's the logic.
    I guess, but I think that logic is fundamentally illogical. With that much time left, I don't even think you'd need a mad scramble. Just make sure that everybody on the offense knows that if Lynch is stuffed the first time, reset as quickly as they can and run the same play. If he gets stuffed again, call the time out then and figure something out for the third try.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    I guess, but I think that logic is fundamentally illogical. With that much time left, I don't even think you'd need a mad scramble. Just make sure that everybody on the offense knows that if Lynch is stuffed the first time, reset as quickly as they can and run the same play. If he gets stuffed again, call the time out then and figure something out for the third try.
    Yea, but you are in 4-down territory with your workhorse. The guy that held the team together when the defense was playing like shit, and there was talk about the team planing on not re-signing him in the upcoming offseason. It was just a bad decision. I don't think it was terrible, because they scored on pass plays earlier. They probably figured that New England was looking run, but it is still a boneheaded play call.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to take your time out if he got stopped. New England would take forever getting off the pile to waste time (who cares if they get a penalty? The ball is already at the one and there's not enough time left for downs to matter) so you would burn through one of your potential plays in the time it would take to get set.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then again the Seahawks wouldn't have been here without the ballsy call of going for the fake field goal two weeks ago. So, it is what it is. Seahawks shouldn't get too down on their team. They don't look like they are slowing down anytime soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tough thing they're going to have to deal with is that next year is Wilson's last cheap year. After next season they're going to have to find a way to clear $20 million in cap space to pay him, which is going to involve significant changes to their roster. The massive advantage of having a top tier QB making $500,000/year is hard to overstate. Without him being so cheap they couldn't have brought in Avril and Bennett while also re-signing Thomas and Sherman.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the fuck were Katy's tits not out?

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    You didn't ask. She wanted to show them, but just wanted you to ask for them. You didn't, so she didn't... I blame you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to take your time out if he got stopped. New England would take forever getting off the pile to waste time (who cares if they get a penalty? The ball is already at the one and there's not enough time left for downs to matter) so you would burn through one of your potential plays in the time it would take to get set.
    You might be right, but I don't think it's a sure thing. Even ignoring the time though, in that position I don't understand not running it. As soon as I realized Wilson wasn't handing it off, I started saying out loud, "What the hell are they doing?" Of course, I didn't get the chance to finish. Even if they had scored there I would have thought it was a dumb call. Obviously the pick takes the outrage up several dozen levels, but they had a better, safer, more reliable option and they chose not to use it, which I think is a bad call.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Talking about this specific year.

No, not his fault. But as I've pointed out there have been other instances where players have played great, and aren't recognized as the MVP.
    Just because great players have had great seasons and not gotten it is no direct causation to why the season Watt had didn't deserve it. No offensive player had a record breaking or statistically unheard of season this year to especially warrant the award and Watt had one of the greatest seasons by any player. Hell, it could be argued he had the best defensive season on record, in the process nearly single-handedly willed a team in heavy transition with journeymen at best and a 4th round rookie at worst at quarterback into the postseason.

Kudos to Rodgers, he's phenomenal. But they should just give qb's their own award akin to a cy-young acknowledging the huge influence they have on the game, and then we can quit being so ambiguous with the MVP as the true outstanding player of the year.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    You didn't ask. She wanted to show them, but just wanted you to ask for them. You didn't, so she didn't... I blame you.
    I've asked. Believe me.

Well, at least she was inflated.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Speaking of MVPs not really loving giving it to Brady with his two very vital INTs but I can't really think of who else to give it to on the Pats.

I didn't want the Pats to win sure, but I'm more mad that the story of this Super Bowl is going to be the awful play call instead of the great game.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I disagree with the playcall myself, but most fans are having polyps over it more so because of hindsight and the emotion involved. There can be argued reasons for it even if someone very much disagrees, it wasn't Chris Webber level ridiculous.

Edelman was pretty integral to the Pats tonight without the glaring miscues that Brady had. Just making a case for anyone else.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah thinking of it Edelman was probably the better choice good call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with the playcall myself, but most fans are having polyps over it more so because of hindsight and the emotion involved. There can be argued reasons for it even if someone very much disagrees, it wasn't Chris Webber level ridiculous.

Edelman was pretty integral to the Pats tonight without the glaring miscues that Brady had. Just making a case for anyone else.

Edelman was money tonight. He's really stepped up to that elite wide receiver status. When Brady is under pressure or coming from behind that's when he's at his best. Once he got in that rhythm in the 4th quarter he played his best football all day.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    I blame Janet Jackson.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Brady went 8 for 8 on the final TD drive. That was a truly legendary drive, one that puts a period and exclamation point on his career as the winningest quarterback of all time. Down 10 in the 4th quarter and pulling off 2 TD drives with his legacy on the line. But then, the Patriots were dealt ANOTHER David Tyree miracle play to beat them. A lucky bounce on a well defended pass. Another tragedy. Another time when Brady put them ahead with 2 minutes left in a Super Bowl only to have his defense give up a go-ahead touchdown and him to lose helplessly on the sideline.

And then Malcolm Butler said no. God bless him.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Tom Brady went 8 for 8 on the final TD drive. That was a truly legendary drive, one that puts a period and exclamation point on his career as the winningest quarterback of all time. Down 10 in the 4th quarter and pulling off 2 TD drives with his legacy on the line. But then, the Patriots were dealt ANOTHER David Tyree miracle play to beat them. A lucky bounce on a well defended pass. Another tragedy. Another time when Brady put them ahead with 2 minutes left in a Super Bowl only to have his defense give up a go-ahead touchdown and him to lose helplessly on the sideline.

And then Malcolm Butler said no. God bless him.
    When all that went down, I was thinking Brady will probably retire if he lost a third Superbowl over a miracle play. I don't know if Pete Carrol indulges in a drink, but he's probably going to need a whole bottle of something after tonight. I'm still shaking my head. Good game, though. But as that was happening, I think everyone watching around the world thought "they're going to give it to Lynch and run it". I think whoever made the play call outsmarted themselves that way. You know, the whole "they know that I know that they know that I know so we won't do what they will expect". Problem is, that may have worked against Green Bay, but you'll only get lucky like that once.

Here's to hoping to at least see the Bears in the playoffs next year!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now the "is Brady better than Montana?" discussion will truly explode.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    And now the "is Brady better than Montana?" discussion will truly explode.
    I think this game ended that discussion

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, that he is at least in the conversation at this point

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAGE 1, 9TH POST IN THIS THREAD:

By this time next year, Tom Brady will have his 4th ring and Bill Belichick will have his 6th. Quote me.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck judas and his poverty quarterback

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outcome of that game affecting Brady's legacy is so foolish. So if Seattle had run Lynch for the game winning TD at the end, that would diminish Brady? He's a better QB because Butler picked off that pass? Brady is now 4-2 in Super Bowls, but change a few plays and he could be 6-0 or 0-6. If Adam Vinatieri hadn't made the field goals, would that make Brady a worse QB? Or if Tyree dropped the helmet catch? Brady has put his team in a position to win Super Bowls because he gets them into the playoffs every year. If you want to credit him extra for playing well in the Super Bowls, okay. But deciding he's the best because of something his teammate did is dumb.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOW MANY RINGS DOES BRADY HAVE???

punk bitch

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck you.

Unfuckingbelievable game.

Unfuckingbelievable ending.

God damn it.

Fuck the Patriots.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It just boggles my fucking mind.

Were the Seahawks waiting for the Pats to call a timeout, and then were like, "Oh shit, they're not calling a timeout, it's been 40 fucking seconds, we thought we'd have more time, let's close our eyes and point at a play, oh ok good, we'll come out in the shotgun and throw a quick pick slant, yeah I know we have the best running back in the league, but the play clock is running out now too, ok, BREAK!"

Fucking god all fucking might fucking christ.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And did Tom Brady reapply his eye black to fucking address the media there?

What a fucking awful cunt.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just..... Wow.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The more I think about it, I really think the Seahawks were waiting for the Patriots to call a timeout, but that evil son of a bitch Belichick realized it so he just didn't call one because he realized he had a fucking fawn in the headlights, and the Seahawks are stupid and expected a timeout from them and Bill was standing there on the sideline going, "Yes, as a matter of fact I am smarter than you and an evil son of a bitch, I know you're stupid enough to fuck this up and we'll just draw you into encroachment after, whatevs."

Fuck I hate how this game ended up. I fucking hate it.

RUN THE FUCKING BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    JUST RUN THE FUCKING BALL OH MY GOD

If this were the Giants in this game losing this way I would have ripped my television off the wall and set fires.

I would have burned this entire city to the ground.

JUST RUN THE FUCKING BALL YOU HAVE THREE DOWNS, A MINUTE AND A TIMEOUT AND THE BEST BACK IN THE LEAGUE.

I would have burned things if this were the Giants. Burned things.

But Coughlin wouldn't be that stupid, but he's from the same Giants school as Bill, which is the smart school but fuck Bill.

I would burn things.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

SO FUCKING STUPID

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AND FUCK ROCKOVERBOSTON WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Fuck you.

Unfuckingbelievable game.

Unfuckingbelievable ending.

God damn it.

Fuck the Patriots.

Jesus fucking Christ.
    We know what your mom has to say but how do you feel?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    In what fucking universe does Marshawn Lynch not make the distance if they called a run play?
    Well Lynch had 5 carries from the 1 yard line this season. . . He scored on 1 of them.

Edit: I have seen it reported as 0 times as well as 1 time now.
    Last edited by Kneeneighbor; February 2nd, 2015 at 9:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    Pats fans need to admit how absurdly lucky they are about how bad that call was.

They need to admit they were dead to rights
    About as lucky as someone who made a circus catch on a lofted ball with less than a minute to go? About that level of lucky? Yes, the call was awful, but Butler still has to make a play on the ball for that to matter. If they scored a TD it wouldn't matter how bad the call was.

The outcome of that game affecting Brady's legacy is so foolish. So if Seattle had run Lynch for the game winning TD at the end, that would diminish Brady? He's a better QB because Butler picked off that pass? Brady is now 4-2 in Super Bowls, but change a few plays and he could be 6-0 or 0-6. If Adam Vinatieri hadn't made the field goals, would that make Brady a worse QB? Or if Tyree dropped the helmet catch? Brady has put his team in a position to win Super Bowls because he gets them into the playoffs every year. If you want to credit him extra for playing well in the Super Bowls, okay. But deciding he's the best because of something his teammate did is dumb.
    I pretty much agree with this. I found it hilarious last night how some of the guys on NFL Network were saying Bradshaw and Montana have to be better because they went 4-0 in Super Bowls and Brady has lost a couple. So technically they are giving the guys credit for losing earlier than the Super Bowl more than Brady has. Genius.

I personally think Brady is the best QB of all time, but I see a real argument for Elway and Montana. I'm not sure who else would be in the discussion at this point.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still in shock about the play call. Even if you don't hand it to Lynch, roll Russell to the outside. Still a hell of a game though. It's an easier pill to swallow since they won last year, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do however agree that Brady probably shouldn't have won MVP last night. Yes he had a great game but those two INTs could have been killers. The second one was more of a great defensive play than a bad throw on Brady's part, but it was still a pick. I think a real argument could have been made for giving it to Butler. Not only for that play at the end, but he came in after halftime to replace Arrington, who had given up pretty much every big pass play Seattle had in the first half. If they left him in there, I'm not sure Brady ever gets a chance to make that comeback.

I also want to say congrats to all the Seattle fans because that is the first time I've ever felt more relieved than happy at the end of a winning championship game. I mean it switched over to happiness again soon after, but those last few minutes were maybe the most intense I've ever felt as a sports fan. Let's hope they both get back to this point next year, such a great game!

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

punk bitch
    He's a punk bitch that had a better game than Revis.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked that I'm hearing so many people say they'd rather get blown out. Fuck that

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still in a daze. Unbelievable comeback and interception. I still like Sherman but his cockiness is obviously fun to mock after a loss like that. I won't post the reaction gif of him watching the Butler pick but it's candy to my eyes.

I know what it's like to lose heartbreaking Super Bowls and it's definitely crushing, so I feel for you guys. I agree that I would rather lose a close one than a blowout but it takes a bigger emotional toll coming that close and not finishing it. Would be interested to hear what Rick thinks given last year.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That play call was so bad. They were just "wasting a play". Fuck that Pete, score!

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won because it wasn't ELI and his Giants.

Undefeated in any superbowl when not against the NYG

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    About as lucky as someone who made a circus catch on a lofted ball with less than a minute to go? About that level of lucky? Yes, the call was awful, but Butler still has to make a play on the ball for that to matter. If they scored a TD it wouldn't matter how bad the call was.

I pretty much agree with this. I found it hilarious last night how some of the guys on NFL Network were saying Bradshaw and Montana have to be better because they went 4-0 in Super Bowls and Brady has lost a couple. So technically they are giving the guys credit for losing earlier than the Super Bowl more than Brady has. Genius.

I personally think Brady is the best QB of all time, but I see a real argument for Elway and Montana. I'm not sure who else would be in the discussion at this point.
    The difference is yes the catch might have been a miracle. But it happened on the field. Strange things happen. Amazing plays happen and sometimes they're luck.

You got luckier at the STUPIDITY of the playcall. The interception was karma for how stupid that call was.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is yes the catch might have been a miracle. But it happened on the field.
    Where did the interception happen? Hindsight is 20/20. If the Seahawks/Carroll didn't make gutsy play calls they wouldn't be in the Super Bowl to begin with. I'm not saying it was the right call but it's not as egregious as people are saying after we saw the result.

This win defintiely eases the pain of the last 2 Super Bowl losses, if not erasing the pain altogether. And that pain does stick with you. Sure it's nice to think how close this team was to being 6 for 6 in Super Bowls but I'm now completely satisfied with this era. They will still be contenders for the foreseeable future but if they don't win another, I'm good. Total validation achieved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game to end the season.

Both teams went back and forth.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've moved to acceptance. It still stings to lose that game that way, but it happened. Hopefully Sherman can get healthy, rumors have him needing Tommy John surgery. We lost two important members of our defense in that game and were still a yard away from taking the game. Seattle will be back, they're too good not to

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to take a hard look into Bevell. Too many questionable play calls all season. Something needs to be said about how bad they looked in a lot of first halves.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen, and granted I only watched you guys in the playoffs or in prime time games, your offensive/special teams play calling has been SUPERB. So many big time play calls have worked out stunningly well.

I agree with Mills that the injuries played a big part in this loss and that you guys will be back again. Though it does get trickier with Wilson in line for a huge raise and Lynch too. Sherman needing tommy john, if that turns out to be the case, will be tough for next year though I imagine he will be back to his stellar self at least by the latter half of next season (not sure on recovery time but its not like he's a pitcher or QB).

On the injury topic, thankfully they didn't show it a million times (I think it got missed) but that CB who made the first pick broke his arm is grotesque fashion when he got tackled. There is one of those arm snapping in half screens shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

punk bitch
    Thats epic. His face after the interception was probably more priceless

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So I've seen it described a couple times that they were being conscious of the clock and didn't want to give Brady a chance.

How is a pass that could be dropped and stop the clock a better play?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    So I've seen it described a couple times that they were being conscious of the clock and didn't want to give Brady a chance.

How is a pass that could be dropped and stop the clock a better play?
    Because they were convinced they would run it in and not be stopped.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They got the look they wanted though. Dude just made a hell of a play on the ball.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I get all that. But any sort of successful pass play would also have resulted in a touchdown basically. So I still don't see how it would run down the clock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I would find it hard to believe that once they got to the one they were still trying to kill clock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I would find it hard to believe that once they got to the one they were still trying to kill clock.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...ade-kill-clock

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    redpath, I hope you burn in hell. I hate you with the passion of a million burning suns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    ReDPath was going reverse psychology all along.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anger level rising... rising....

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Fair enough. So the decision itself to throw was more of an answer to personnel than ultimately to kill clock.

Seattle wanted to run some more clock, NE answered with a stacked line, Carroll countered with a decision to find the right throw, Butler made the play of his life.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fair enough. So the decision itself to throw was more of an answer to personnel than ultimately to kill clock.

Seattle wanted to run some more clock, NE answered with a stacked line, Carroll countered with a decision to find the right throw, Butler made the play of his life.
    Play Action

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was two things: 1) New England sent in their goalline package against Seattle's three receiver set, so they thought they would have an opening.

2) They wanted to preserve tactical flexibility for third down. If they run on second down they have to take their time out. There would be something like 22 seconds left, and they would have to throw on third down, because if they run and get stopped they'd never have enough time to get set and run another play. If they throw incomplete, they have the choice of running or passing on third down because they still have their timeout. And then obviously they can do anything they want on fourth down because time would no longer matter.

That said, you have to factor in that Seattle is one of the best teams in the league at converting short yardage situations by running and NE is one of the worst at stopping the run in power situations. So it's really hard to justify not just giving the ball to Lynch, because I think he's scoring 90% of the time. But Darrell Bevell doesn't deserve to have his career ruined for calling a pass, and acting like it was insane to throw there is wrong. Malcolm Butler made a phenomenal play, otherwise Seattle would have scored there and this would be a moot point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is yes the catch might have been a miracle. But it happened on the field. Strange things happen. Amazing plays happen and sometimes they're luck.

You got luckier at the STUPIDITY of the playcall. The interception was karma for how stupid that call was.
    You act like we should be ashamed that our team just won the fucking Super Bowl. Coaching is almost as big a part of the game as the actions on the field. It's not like it was a bad referee call. It was a bad call by the coach. Who cares how lucky they were anyway? You need plenty of luck to even make it this far, regardless of what team you are.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it takes luck to win the super bowl than I wish the Eagles had all the luck in the world. I would take luck any day of the week. It absolutely does not diminish their win at all. Teams make bad play calls all year and it has cost plenty of teams plenty of games. I am sure the Pats had a few bad calls they would like to take back as well during the game. I am by no means a Patriots fan, but they deserved the win just as much as Seattle did.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple general thoughts before I forget:

First off, regardless of your take on the ending, what a great Super Bowl this was. A classic. It's a little silly that in the Patriots 6 recent Super Bowl appearances, ALL of them have been decided by 4 points or less. It's always a great game when they are in it.

Secondly, that halftime show... WOW. I didn't give a shit about Katy Perry's lip syncing routine but the production and sets were outstanding. That tiger thing she rode in on, then the really cool digital floor with dancers, flying around on the star, then the dancing sharks/palm trees which were really trippy... visually speaking, I enjoyed it all and it took me by surprise. Bravo to the producers. And the Missy Elliot cameo was great too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if it doesn't matter if Brady won or lost last night, then Super Bowl wins don't matter, so Peyton Manning

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everybody lip syncs during the half time show to the live dress rehearsal. The logistics are impossible.

And fuck the Patriots.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Fuck Peyton Manning.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    A couple general thoughts before I forget:

First off, regardless of your take on the ending, what a great Super Bowl this was. A classic. It's a little silly that in the Patriots 6 recent Super Bowl appearances, ALL of them have been decided by 4 points or less. It's always a great game when they are in it.
    This.

So Fro, any chance Brady might feel like retiring on top...please?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still can't beat the ELIte.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the day goes on, I hate the play call even more.

Also, why is Marshawn fined when he doesn't talk to the media yet Goodell can say no to doing an interview with NBC. Fuck that guy. Fuck Tom Brady. Fuck the NFL. Can't wait till next year.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Me neither because the Giants will be UNSTOPPABLE AND UNBEATABLE.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This.

So Fro, any chance Brady might feel like retiring on top...please?
    Sorry buddy, dude lives and breathes for the game. He trains and diets year round and is into Chinese medicine and shit. He's a machine. And he's only ever been injured that one time when he busted his knee and missed the season. I think he'll be around another 4-5 years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pip. Please start using judas' avatar and put your status/location as

I love Tom Brady's cock.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done and done.

At least we just went with a week instead of a month.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    As long as 1 person confuses you with Judas and thinks he loves Tom Brady's cock (which he does) I will be pleased.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't even see the cock deal until I came here, only thought he was Judas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Well Judah loves the pats and brady

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)