Thread: All Elite Wrestling

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boo!

You're excused.

Shit, Vicki just shoehorned in as many references to lying, cheating, and stealing as she possibly could right there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ivelisse and Diamante both debuting on AEW TV next week?

Their women's division just went up a level in badass.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Ivelisse and Diamante both debuting on AEW TV next week?

Their women's division just went up a level in badass.

Haven't heard of them. Are they indy wrestlers?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Haven't heard of them. Are they indy wrestlers?
    They've both been in the bigs in a couple places.

Ivelisse was Trios Champions with Angelico and Son of Havoc (Angelico is in AEW with Jack Evans, actually) in Lucha Underground. Unfortunately, she spent a lot of her time injured and didn't wrestle as much as she could have.

Diamante was the female member of LAX in Impact Wrestling. When they were led by Eddie Kingston. As a matter of fact, she was in LAX at the same time as Santana and Ortiz.

They're both very talented women, who come from TV wrestling backgrounds. So they should be better than the average indie girls AEW brings in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! AEW has been hurting for quality female wrestlers since they started and especially since all the injuries they've received, they really need the fresh talent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, okay. Not bad.

Cage looked good, still gets protected, and now he gets his heat back.

And right out of that, we get Darby/Cage. Smart.

Now Cage has an issue if they ever go back to Cage/Mox.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely solid tag match between FTR and Lucha Bros. What a fail though by not being able to start the truck, haha.

Feels like a mixed bag with the Jericho segment but my initial thought is he needs to shut his ass with the Demo God moniker. Can't blame him for trying to come up with another name, because that's his thing, but it feels a little too on the nose. At least he was his usual entertaining self on commentary. Six-man match was good, despite some blatantly delayed timing issues to set moves up. I really don't get into much that Stunt does but the rest of the pieces involved were very solid. Really enjoyed the developments involving The Elite, Hangman, and FTR.

Vickie with Nyla seemed like a pretty predictable fit. If AEW is going to be known for anything, it's going to be tag teams and managers.

Good story set up by Moxley in his promo, saying he was going to go after the surgically-repaired bicep. Smart counter after Taz cited that Moxley wasn't going to be able to hit the Paradigm Shift on Cage. The finish was creative enough, giving Cage a protected loss, heat on Cage, and Taz backing up his talk by going out of his way to protect his investment. Having Cage softened up does help open the door for Allin to pounce on him. There's a lot of connective tissue there so good on them to make it all fit together. Seeing what specifically is next for Moxley is certainly intriguing.

BEST IN THE WORLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butcher and The Blade still dressed like a couple hipster sailors on shore leave.

“Clockwork Orange”.

p.s. Where was Tony?
    Last edited by cmpunkisecw; July 16th, 2020 at 7:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen Sonny Kiss wrestle a singles match, but he impressed me. Cody was more aggressive than I expected. I loved that he pulled out the Vertebreaker.

FTR and Lucha Bros. definitely got off to a rough start, but it turned into something really cool.

I don't know what to say about the Elite vs Jurassic Express. Just insanity!

I'm glad Allie is back in the women's division. She was pretty wasted as the Bunny.

The main event was solid. I have mixed feelings about Taz throwing in the towel, but I liked Cage's intensity when he came back out to the ring and tried to get his hands on Allin.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I see so much hostility towards AEW on some message boards. There seems to be a huge sense of entitlement from the fans critical of their shows. They expect AEW to perfectly cater to what they want in a wrestling promotion, and when it doesn't, they take it personally and throw a fit. I don't know where it says that AEW is required viewing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers
    Week 34: 827,000 viewers
    Week 35: 730,000 viewers
    Week 36: 677,000 viewers
    Week 37: 772,000 viewers
    Week 38: 633,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 40: 715,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 41: 788,000 viewers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I forgot to mention. Jericho has to be the best at screaming someone's name while being held back

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Jericho is one of the GOAT. Just imagine if Vince had gave him permission to use NXT talent on his inaugural cruise.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bounce back. Looks like the UFC didn't hinder their ratings at all.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    kenny omega doppleganger running for president of chile

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it weren't illegal or whatever, Jericho should wrestle a 17-year-old. In addition, he should pummel him and as he does he should keep yelling, "you don't matter." When Jericho turns 50, he just needs to get disheveled because he will no longer matter.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Jericho should never retire. NXT probably pulled a Hogan/Goldberg with Lee/Cole. NXT is down again and no real money matches in the near future. While AEW has not really scratched the surface with opportunities for Mox,Cody, Omega and Jericho plus the tag teams.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Jericho should never retire. NXT probably pulled a Hogan/Goldberg with Lee/Cole. NXT is down again and no real money matches in the near future. While AEW has not really scratched the surface with opportunities for Mox,Cody, Omega and Jericho plus the tag teams.
    I doubt that claim on NXT's end. There's still plenty of meat on the bone and its really hard to criticize them with the amount of time and effort they put into stories. And out of what you listed, you missed a key neutralizer on NXT's side, which was given credibility this very week.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, AEW are lacking on main-event challengers for Mox. Cody obv can't and I think Jericho's role atm is to put others over even if not by wrestling so they have him fill in for cover.

AEW scored a big victory over NXT no doubt despite MMA but mixed about Taz throwing the towel in as normally a face move. On the one hand it does protect Cage but also the way things played out with Cage getting up quite quickly post-match it's also a load of shit. Darby causing the DQ prob would have been the best scenario.

MJF has to get a shot at one of the TNT or AEW titles very soon. Record-wise he's the only viable contender atm which is both a blessing and a curse. Brodie Lee was on a streak but they killed that early with Mox.

They scored a decisive win over NXT this week no doubt but they had Moxley coming back and Jericho playing "Demo God" might be them getting too cocky. Kinda wish they would just ignore WWE completely and keep doing their own thing. WWE's product isn't the best atm but still wish AEW would leave laying in the shots. Too WCW-like IMO.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

They scored a decisive win over NXT this week no doubt but they had Moxley coming back and Jericho playing "Demo God" might be them getting too cocky. Kinda wish they would just ignore WWE completely and keep doing their own thing. WWE's product isn't the best atm but still wish AEW would leave laying in the shots. Too WCW-like IMO.
    I don't mind this too much. I guess because since the beginning, we knew, despite them saying to the contrary, this was a war with WWE. Now it is more prevalent. I think that having lost both Fyter Fest vs GAB, really did piss them off. So they're going to present that on television, but also in a way to further their stories. It's been mentioned on commentary about maybe the open challenge is starting to weigh on Cody. Along with the network being in his ear nagging on ratings since he is a suit and tie guy. Kenny starting to revert to his "Cleaner" New Japan days (which I've not seen too much of, but is highly praised) is a side affect of that also, since he's also a suit and tie, but he also is an active wrestler.

This show itself felt more intense. Sonny Kiss vs Cody was much better than I was expecting. They were showing that even their "comedy" guys can kick your ass if you take them lightly. As a comparison to a WWE comedy guy that will run around with a worthless belt and pretend to have mental issues.

"I'M COVERED IN ORANGE JUICE!"
    "You stink!"
    Normally, things like beer baths, milk hosing, shit falling, and other viscous liquids being dumped on a guy will make me roll my eyes at the hokey-ness. And while having that guy flopping around like a fish was stupid, the rest got a chuckle out of me. And I wasn't thinking about it, given his orange juice gimmick.

I will tune out Vickie, though. I can't take that voice. I just can't.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably missed them mentioning it when he first started managing Cody but just what is that thing Arn Anderson always carries around? Is it like a checklist or somethng?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure in kayfabe Arn's clipboard is supposed to have notes about Cody's opponents. Probably has notes on Cody too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm guessing SCU took the place of The Good Brothers in the AEW Tag Title scene last year.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what the issue is with Jericho pushing the "Demogod" angle. He's a heel. He's supposed to be cocky. Notice how it wasn't about AEW winning the ratings, it was about Jericho winning the ratings.

Taz throwing in the towel is smart. From his perspective, that's his investment that's already had his arm broken. It shuts Taz up, proves Cage is vulnerable, but also shows that Cage is still tough as shit for not tapping or passing out. It gives him credibility, but doesn't make him a babyface.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest....5/10 show.

Highlights:

FTR v. Lucha (sorta)
    Mox v. Cage

I can't speak on really anything else. I can appreciate a lot of those wild high spots in the 6-man but Jesus Christ, tell a fuckin story. And for the love of God. Stop putting that infant on t.v. I can't handle it, it's on the same level of dog shit as Hornswoggle. I'm sure some of you loved that dude but he was right up there with Montreal, the Finger Poke, whatever shit angle or wrestler you can think of this guy is on the Mt Rushmore with those 2 finishes and Mae Young's hand. Stunt is about to replace the Finger Poke.

Sonny Kiss v. Cody sucked. Vickie, meh. 12 years ago, super heat, now, she's for sure in the wrong company if she thinks the real fans will actually boo her. Shit I think it's frowned upon to even boo Nyla Jax.

Also, who was it that spit on the camera man? Was that Moxley? I can't remember but there was a part of the show where someone spit at the camera and I was like....Yeah that's smart.

I will say this....That OJ bath Jericho took was brutal. That all went on him, had to have sucked but man....I like Orange Cassidy but AEW is on some WWF New Generation 1995 booking having their top tier dudes feuding with lesser knowns in hopes they'll get a rub but they've essentially made people like Kenny Omega just as bland as Mark Jindrak in WCW.

Nice bounce back. Looks like the UFC didn't hinder their ratings at all.
    That UFC card was whack. Nobody is tuning in to those weekly shows. It's like watching Tuesday Night Fights back in the 90's. A bunch of up and comers and title fights nobody cared about lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy is hella over and can back it up in the ring. What's wrong with Jericho getting into a program with him? I'd rather he be in fresh programs with the less tested talent than having him just fighting for the title over and over again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I get your criticism either, Nash. AEW has done a good job utilizing the roster they have. Jericho mixing it up with less established guys and making them look credible is going to help build the company for the long term.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I'm not sure I get your criticism either, Nash. AEW has done a good job utilizing the roster they have. Jericho mixing it up with less established guys and making them look credible is going to help build the company for the long term.

I agree. I think Jericho has done well building the younger and lesser experienced talent thus far. Although it seems the Inner Circle has lost most of it's steam. It feels like they lose more matches than they win at the moment. Waiting for Pride and Powerful to get a nice push

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A proper push for Santana and Ortiz has been sorely missing. They were, and still are, fairly over, and work well as goons for Jericho. But they have enough going for their selves that they should be successful goons that are a proper threat in the tag division.

I'd love to see them get into a personal feud with another team and come out on top. Then maybe get a serious challenge at whoever are the champs between Hangman/Omega, FTR, and The Bucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Santana and Ortiz reunited with Diamante. Maybe they could even get Konnan in to manage them?

Not sure what they'd call themselves -- since they can't be LAX, but whatever. They can be "The 187", or "The Mexico Mercs" or some shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a really random thought on a match -- If people aren't watching AEW Dark, they should be, its like the modern day version of WCW Worldwide or Saturday Night. Its mostly "Star vs. Jobber" matches, but every now and then, you get a little gem.

Like Scorpio Sky wrestling Serpentico (if you're wondering who that is, he's always there in the audience. He's the dude who wears a Coronavirus mask over his regular, luchador mask.) These two had a, maybe, 15 minute match on an episode of Dark and it was super solid shit. Even though he's roughly pretty unknown, Serpentico kept right in there with Sky and gave him a very good match. The kid's a little green, and there's a few awkward moments here and there, but its fun shit and the right guy won.

For the exact opposite (on the same show, actually) AEW seemed to book a match by throwing darts into the locker room and booking whoever they hit -- which is how we got Frankie Kazarian -- A guy with a ton of talent and who really flirted with being a main event player in TNA at one point -- against Doctor Luther -- A Chris Jericho nepotism hire who looks like Uncle Fester and who wrestles with all the grace and dexterity of two tectonic plates sliding passed each other.

This shit was a mess. These two guys had about as much chemistry as mixing acids and bases. They blow a flying headscissor spot so badly, Kaz looks like he wants to buy a machine gun and shoot whoever booked this. Uncle Fester does exactly jack shit and fuck all in a heat segment so cold you could turn your air conditioning off while it was going on, and still keep cool.

Kaz almost wins with a springboard, outside-in Oklahoma roll, and it looks like he's a coroner dragging a dead body away on a gurney with one busted wheel, just trying to turn the fatass over.

Finally, Kaz gets it with a victory roll. And its 9 minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Kaz "wins", but the poor bastard has the same "boo-boo face" some guys get when they're going out to do a job.

Fucking dreadful.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; July 21st, 2020 at 11:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I take a post-dinner nap and wake up to Eddie Kingston power-bombing Cody onto a pile of thumbtacks.

Holy shit. I know they probably gimmick those somehow, but that always looks like it hurts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griff Garrison is like Jungle Boy Jr.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I've watched "Space Jam" 19 times and he beats The Mon-Stars every time."

Heh. A woman after my own heart.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Mud Show Tonight".

Pal, you have no idea.

This is good fun so far.

Like a more modern day version of those old Rey Mysterio/Psychosis matches from ECW, where they'd give each other flying hurricanranas off of people's cars in the marking lot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF needs more time on the mic every week, even if he's on the sidelines as a fan. Guy is gold.
    Britt Baker has been heavily missed as well. Can't wait to see her back in the ring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Marvez has all the personality of a cardboard box melting in the rain.

Also, whoever did the sound mixing for that segment sucks. I couldn't understand a word that The Chickenhawk had to say there.

- - - Updated - - -

MJF needs more time on the mic every week, even if he's on the sidelines as a fan. Guy is gold.
    Britt Baker has been heavily missed as well. Can't wait to see her back in the ring.
    I wish they'd have MJF sit in on commentary for a week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So good to see AEW bolster their women's division ranks with two veterans.

I know she's a total racist cunt, but if they could get Tessa Blanchard now that she's finished up with Impact, they might really start to have something.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected allot more from that women's match. I haven't seen Ivelisse in a while, but I remember her being better. Felt like Diamante had more to offer, but had to slow down to accommodate Ive.

I've read that Ivelisse has heat with Tessa, so I don't know if we'll see them both in the same company.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Order #5.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected allot more from that women's match. I haven't seen Ivelisse in a while, but I remember her being better. Felt like Diamante had more to offer, but had to slow down to accommodate Ive.

I've read that Ivelisse has heat with Tessa, so I don't know if we'll see them both in the same company.
    Its a debut match. They don't have to show everything they've got.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, AEW actually managing to put on a tag-team match with an actual, decent heat segment.

And it doesn't involve FTR. Wow.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Sammy back from "I want to rape Sasha Banks" jail.

But for a minute there, I really liked the swerve of a random AEW Dark jobber joining The Inner Circle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy: "It was me the whole time!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody/Kingston was a good impromptu brawl. I'm not sure if the open challenges work in terms of bettering the outlook for the challengers. That ultimately remains to be seen. It certainly makes Cody look good.

Britt's promo was really humorous.

Tag did the necessary job of backing up JR's assertion from last week as to why he threw in the towel for Cage. Allin and Cage is a great pairing because Cage is going to look crazy manhandling Allin, and Allin is going to go back to being endearing by coming back for more.

I'm curious to see how the Women's Tag Team Cup goes down. I imagine it's going to be a solid opportunity for indie performers to shine because they need more bodies to fill the tournament out.

Falls Count Anywhere Tag was your typical wild match with a lot of fluff and some pretty spectacular spots. The spot where Blade whiffed on the tope was kind of scary. The finish was obviously a hell of a visual and extremely emphatic.

I don't know why but Page's line of "I don't know if I'm really ready to join a cult right now" tickled me. Good stuff with FTR and Omega in regards to Page.

Main event was entertaining. I'm not sure if we're at the expiration date but it feels like the similar group of Jungle Boy, Allin, Cassidy and people of that ilk are always built well but don't really win when it comes to money time. Kind of feels like they need to be thrown a bone and build some actually moment in big matches with some wins.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    top to bottom i think that was the best dynamite of the lock down

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a debut match. They don't have to show everything they've got.
    Typically you want to impress in your debut. For allot of people, this is their first time seeing either Ivelisse or Diamante. Having a mediocre match isn't going to win over fans.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically you want to impress in your debut. For allot of people, this is their first time seeing either Ivelisse or Diamante. Having a mediocre match isn't going to win over fans.
    I didn't come away thinking I was excited to see more of them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,409,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,018,000 viewers (plus 122,000 on TruTV)
    Week 03: 1,014,000 viewers
    Week 04: 963,000 viewers
    Week 05: 759,000 viewers
    Week 06: 822,000 viewers
    Week 07: 957,000 viewers
    Week 08: 893,000 (first week to lose to NXT)
    Week 09: 663,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 10: 851,000 viewers
    Week 11: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 12: 683,000 viewers
    Week 13 (after being off the week prior): 967,000 viewers
    Week 14: 947,000 viewers
    Week 15: 940,000 viewers
    Week 16: 871,000 viewers
    Week 17: 828,000 viewers
    Week 18: 928,000 viewers
    Week 19: 817,000 viewers
    Week 20: 893,000 viewers
    Week 21: 865,000 viewers
    Week 22: 906,000 viewers
    Week 23: 766,000 viewers
    Week 24: 932,000 viewers
    Week 25: 819,000 viewers
    Week 26: 685,000 viewers
    Week 27: 692,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 28: 683,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 29: 731,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers
    Week 31: 732,000 viewers
    Week 32: 654,000 viewers
    Week 33: 701,000 viewers
    Week 34: 827,000 viewers
    Week 35: 730,000 viewers
    Week 36: 677,000 viewers
    Week 37: 772,000 viewers
    Week 38: 633,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 39: 748,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 40: 715,000 viewers (NXT higher)
    Week 41: 788,000 viewers
    Week 42: 845,000 viewers

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT promised a big announcement and then announced a tournament to enter a ladder match to win the mid card belt.

aew had Eddie fucking Kingston vs Cody in a slugfest on at the same time.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair AEW didn’t really deliver on their big announcement either. Cage gets a Taz replica belt and taps out. I like both products but at the end of the day barring anything huge like title vs title, AEW has the bigger audience and NXT can always be watched back.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Massive number for them. Kingston was awesome. This show went by so quickly it was nuts.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be fair AEW didn’t really deliver on their big announcement either. Cage gets a Taz replica belt and taps out. I like both products but at the end of the day barring anything huge like title vs title, AEW has the bigger audience and NXT can always be watched back.
    huh? That was week’s ago. NXT counter-programed Cody’s TNT title match by teasing a lame announcement.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    huh? That was week’s ago. NXT counter-programed Cody’s TNT title match by teasing a lame announcement.
    They were both lame announcements. Just saying I don’t think NXT’s lame announcement was that big of a factor in this shift. This isn’t a preference point on either product but I think generally AEW always have a more stable audience with more accessibility. NXT did big numbers with Lee vs Cole but will always be harder for them to maintain. Thanks to the network, NXT can always be watched back.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They were both lame announcements. Just saying I don’t think NXT’s lame announcement was that big of a factor in this shift. This isn’t a preference point on either product but I think generally AEW always have a more stable audience with more accessibility. NXT did big numbers with Lee vs Cole but will always be harder for them to maintain. Thanks to the network, NXT can always be watched back.
    but I’m specifically speaking on this week. AEW had the Cody match to start and NXT counter-programmed with a lame announcement. One show hooked the fans in and the other disappointed off the bat.

i also enjoyed Taz giving Cage the FTW title. I was happy to see the old belt and Taz’s promo was fantastic.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I’m specifically speaking on this week. AEW had the Cody match to start and NXT counter-programmed with a lame announcement. One show hooked the fans in and the other disappointed off the bat.

i also enjoyed Taz giving Cage the FTW title. I was happy to see the old belt and Taz’s promo was fantastic.
    Personally I think Taz has been on and off with his promos and mixed about the FTW thing as that basically said “Oh I’ll give him a title anyway as he’s not beating Mox.” Personal opinion though.

NXT’s announcement while could have been bigger was also kinda expected as Lee couldn’t be relied on to defend both titles although they could’ve milked that a bit longer

Being realistic enjoying both products overall, AEW at the moment have the bigger audience and personally don’t think that’s as much down to NXT doing anything wrong as such.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think Taz has been on and off with his promos and mixed about the FTW thing as that basically said “Oh I’ll give him a title anyway as he’s not beating Mox.” Personal opinion though.

NXT’s announcement while could have been bigger was also kinda expected as Lee couldn’t be relied on to defend both titles although they could’ve milked that a bit longer

Being realistic enjoying both products overall, AEW at the moment have the bigger audience and personally don’t think that’s as much down to NXT doing anything wrong as such.
    within the context of the show and story, it all made sense. taz gave him the FTW belt cause that night was supposed to be the night he was crowned the AEW champion, but moxley 'had the chicken shits.' so to further hype up his man, and symbolically allow the crowning to still happen and to keep the spotlight on his client, he brought back his own personal title belt and awarded it to cage. sometimes as a fan you have to purposefully forget or ignore what we can infer happening thanks to how long we've been watching and paying attention to behind the scenes shit.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I love AEW and often prefer it to NXT and for sure against Raw and SD mostly. But Dave and Alvs love in and Tony Khans incessant tweeting do annoy lol.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

they fucking did it, the mad men

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I'm IN

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I never thought for one second I'd say this, but AEW, against all odds, have somehow managed to make me enjoy Peter Avalon, Leva "Blue Pants" Bates, and Brandon Cutler. And all they did was team up Avalon and Cutler on AEW Dark. Somehow, these two guys, neither of whom would get my attention if they were on fire in front of me, managed to gel into a perfectly good "mismatched partner" team, on the stupid Youtube show nobody actually watches. And they've been quietly, and I mean very quietly, having great, fun matches that nobody's talking about.

And you can tell they're having fun with it. Peter Avalon still looks like a half-empty tube of toothpaste with a head and Brandon Cutler looks like he got lost on the way to a D&D game for a Youtube channel nobody watches, but it looks like they're having a damn blast every time they come out to wrestle. Cutler rolls this stupid, multi-sided D&D die, and Leva Bates looks so genuinely Goddamn happy to pick it up and show it to the (lack) of an audience what he rolled.

And yeah, they're a jobber team. They've jobbed on Dark, in fun and solid matches, to The Dork Odor, The Blade And The Meat Gentleman, and The Young Bucks -- but they always look good. Avalon is fine, but Cutler especially has some talent. If he didn't look skinny enough to fall down a crack in the sidewalk and never be seen again, they could probably do something with him.

For whatever reason, Leva Bates seems to have been removed from any active competition. But she, as a manager, started doing the old "Lita spots", doing 'ranas and crossbody blocks to the guys. She body-blocked The Meat Gentleman in a match last week, and 'ol Every Time I Botch somehow managed to both almost drop her and then smash her face into the barricade. She didn't even sell it, but they kept the camera on her while she fumbled and fucked around with her glasses.

So kids, if you're going to do a dive, take your eye wear off first, okay?

Anyway, its like I've been saying, if you haven't been watching AEW Dark, you should be.

Dynamite is obviously the show where all the important shit happens. Dark is the show where a wrestling match, occasionally, breaks out. Most of the jobbers are QT Marshall's wrestling school students and he seems to do a damn good job training them. Its fun shit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've missed roughly the past month of Aew Dark episodes, lol. They do hold a pretty decent show though, especially considering it's their B show. I might try and watch some episodes tonight.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they fucking did it, the mad men
    This guy any good? Looks like Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In-ring? Genuinely couldn’t tell you. I just love the gimmick and after watching this documentary on him, I just want the guy to have all the success

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    This guy any good? Looks like Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat lol
    He's pretty good at working within his limitations. He's a little bit taller but he works like Spike Dudley or Jimmy Jacobs and the Ultimate Warrior. Better than Warrior(RIP) but not as good as Spike and Jacobs, although he does better against better opponents. I think Cody is on the better end these days. As for the gimmick, he said it best, "Warhorse rules ass"

He was IWTV champion last I checked, and he's all over their wrestling channel. His series with Gary J is a standout from the last decade and his match with Darby Allin turned out to be really good.
    Last edited by Horatio; July 26th, 2020 at 9:43 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen him outside of hearing his name a bunch until recently, but the fact he has a King Diamond patch(as well as those of many other metal bands) on his vest means he gets the Psycho666 Stamp of Approval.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Brilliant episode this week. Wasn't feeling the women's match, but it wasn't exactly bad.

I just love Adam Page. And his whole storyline with the Elite, Kenny, FTR etc is really rather intriguing.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    within the context of the show and story, it all made sense. taz gave him the FTW belt cause that night was supposed to be the night he was crowned the AEW champion, but moxley 'had the chicken shits.' so to further hype up his man, and symbolically allow the crowning to still happen and to keep the spotlight on his client, he brought back his own personal title belt and awarded it to cage. sometimes as a fan you have to purposefully forget or ignore what we can infer happening thanks to how long we've been watching and paying attention to behind the scenes shit.
    Bit late in catching up and responding to this, but Khan promised an industry-shaking announcement and like most announcement promises they did not deliver. It was more saying “BIG Announcements” usually always turn out lame plus in response to Hero! saying NXT dropping the ball when in reality it wasn’t viable for Lee to keep both belts. New viewers not familiar with ECW tuning into this would probably have been wondering wtf? It’s a belt he’ll occasionally prob defend in Dark but just a prop.

Given how things turned out, I probably would’ve booked a no contest between Cage and Moxley, maybe via Derby then have Taz present him with the belt because Mox pulling chicken shit via Derby in kayfabe. In kayfabe giving Cage a prize he should have got.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've missed roughly the past month of Aew Dark episodes, lol. They do hold a pretty decent show though, especially considering it's their B show. I might try and watch some episodes tonight.
    Yeah, Dark really has evolved from like 30-minutes of stuff they taped that didn't air on TV, to every episode being a 90 minute, "real" episode of wrestling. Its Dynamite production values, with all the same commentators and wrestlers you see on the real show. Just mostly against QT's job squad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Brilliant episode this week. Wasn't feeling the women's match, but it wasn't exactly bad.

I just love Adam Page. And his whole storyline with the Elite, Kenny, FTR etc is really rather intriguing.
    Yep I’m loving it. I honestly thought they’d go with a Page heel turn, unless they tease us with both guys.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAMMMMMMY IS BACK TOO. Sammy=Ratings

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy singing Jericho’s theme = even more ratings.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha yes.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho and Sammy make that group. Santana, Ortiz and Hager can’t buy a personality between them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santana and Ortiz should bounce from that group and just be their own thing. Jericho doesn't need a stable and they were created during AEW's first few months of "Everyone needs to be in a fucking stable" Jericho with Sammy as his Robin is perfect. I'm not super high on Sammy but I dig the pairing for what it is. In AEW it's a main event pairing, any where else in any era it's a good comedy act that was done better with Kevin Owens.

Bit late in catching up and responding to this, but Khan promised an industry-shaking announcement and like most announcement promises they did not deliver. It was more saying “BIG Announcements” usually always turn out lame plus in response to Hero! saying NXT dropping the ball when in reality it wasn’t viable for Lee to keep both belts. New viewers not familiar with ECW tuning into this would probably have been wondering wtf? It’s a belt he’ll occasionally prob defend in Dark but just a prop.

Given how things turned out, I probably would’ve booked a no contest between Cage and Moxley, maybe via Derby then have Taz present him with the belt because Mox pulling chicken shit via Derby in kayfabe. In kayfabe giving Cage a prize he should have got.
    Nobody but die hard ECW fans pushing 40 have a clue what the FTW belt was about. And if I'm wrong props to those kids' parents for letting them watch and/or educating them early on. My son is 19 and knew about it, but the fact he knew about it made him just as confused as I was as to why it was even introduced.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santana/Ortiz could definitely still be a team even if it is Los Boricuas II.

Hager/Swagger is a fence post.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Santana/Ortiz could definitely still be a team even if it is Los Boricuas II.
    Wtf

they’ve literally been a tag team for years and had bangers as LAX.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wtf

they’ve literally been a tag team for years and had bangers as LAX.
    Was just a joking quip. Tbh not that familiar with their past work and have liked their work but I think their better off breaking away, that might be because they’ve nearly always lost.

Jericho and Sammy still being Le Sex Gods in an Inner Circle break up would be great.
    Last edited by Badger; July 28th, 2020 at 5:52 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only brief LAX glimpses I caught in TNA were Homicide and Hernandez.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santana, Ortiz, Kingston, Diamante and Ricky Starks - as "The 187 Mafia" would totally work.

I know Starks just started his random association with Taz and Brian Cage, but who cares? They're not joined at the hip.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally only knew what the FTW Title was from some random pictures in an old WOW - World of Wrestling - magazine. ECW coverage was, "spotty" at best and "completely non-existent" at worst, where I lived. So I definitely didn't see any of that angle live.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Santana and Ortiz should bounce from that group and just be their own thing. Jericho doesn't need a stable and they were created during AEW's first few months of "Everyone needs to be in a fucking stable" Jericho with Sammy as his Robin is perfect. I'm not super high on Sammy but I dig the pairing for what it is. In AEW it's a main event pairing, any where else in any era it's a good comedy act that was done better with Kevin Owens.

Nobody but die hard ECW fans pushing 40 have a clue what the FTW belt was about. And if I'm wrong props to those kids' parents for letting them watch and/or educating them early on. My son is 19 and knew about it, but the fact he knew about it made him just as confused as I was as to why it was even introduced.
    That would be good, especially just Jericho & Sammy. Only this time down the line it’s Sammy turning on Jericho.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I literally only knew what the FTW Title was from some random pictures in an old WOW - World of Wrestling - magazine. ECW coverage was, "spotty" at best and "completely non-existent" at worst, where I lived. So I definitely didn't see any of that angle live.
    Did see it live either, always saw pics in The Wrestler.

I binge watched all of ECW TV for absolutely no good reason a few years ago and i see why they did the FTW title. It parallels Taz being unable to challenege for the ECW title because Douglas was hurt.

I think where aew fucked up was giving the belt to cage the week before he actually faced the champion. He should have gotten it either way before the title match or after losing and being denied another shot.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People talking about breaking up The Inner Circle

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did see it live either, always saw pics in The Wrestler.

I binge watched all of ECW TV for absolutely no good reason a few years ago and i see why they did the FTW title. It parallels Taz being unable to challenege for the ECW title because Douglas was hurt.

I think where aew fucked up was giving the belt to cage the week before he actually faced the champion. He should have gotten it either way before the title match or after losing and being denied another shot.
    If you remember, Shane was out for like 4 months because of a bicep or shoulder injury so it made sense back then because we were going 4 months, not a week, without the World champ defending. They were definitely wanting Shane to put over Taz or they would have just stripped Shane.

This just felt like something AEW is doing to draw in that 35-55 demographic which is the age range that dominants the wrestling audience. Who else is going to give a shit about half the stuff going on in AEW? There's so much nostalgia that goes with most of the roster you either have to be a long time fan pushing 40, 50 years old or you 've done your research.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww yeah baby, its time to climb all aboard the ho... err.. show train, baby! Yeah! Its another wild, wonderful, whacked-out hump day.. Its Wednesday, cats and kittens! And you know what that means, don't you? I think we all do! Its time, once again for another rockin' and rollin' express train to Wrestle-Town, with a card as subject to change as the summer weather -- Its as unpredictable as a Covid-19 news report -- Its got mood swings and fists swinging, you can't predict it.. you can't reason with it... negotiate with it... And you absolutely will not and cannot stop, another wild and crazy episode of AEW...

-- Whew, that took a while to get there. But on tonight's dog days of summer episode of AEW Dynamite, we'll see...

-- "The Grandson of A Plumber" Cody Rhodes defends his TNT Championship against indie standout and meme wrestler extraordinaire WARHORSE -- What did WARHORSE do to get a shot at such a prestigious championship?

-- In women's division action, Hikaru Shida defends The AEW Women's Championship against the The Devious Diamante

-- In Ten-Man Tag-Team Action -- The Inner Circle -- Chris "Judas In My Mind" Jericho, "Chico" Santana, "Pampero Ferpo Jr." Ortiz, and "Sasha Banks' Least Favorite Person" Sammy Guevara take on the jobber squad of The Best Friends ---- Chuck "What The Fuck?" Taylor, Trent? No Last Name Given and The Jurassic Express -- Jungle Boy Jack Jungle Jack Boy Jack Perry, "Dino Douche" Luchasaurus, and "Wrestling's Biggest Little Mistake" Marko "Stunted Growth" Cunt

-- Kenny "Twinkle Toes McFinger Bang" Omega and "Hangman" Adam "Can You Get A DUI On A Horse" Page defend their AEW Tag-Team Championships against The Dark Order -- Stu "Not Cool Enough To Be Dick" Grayson and Evil Uno

-- In A tag-team grudge match, "The Machine" Brian Cage teams with "Stroke Daddy" Ricky Starks to take on the unlikely pairing of Darby "Sex Sent Me To The E.R." Allin and Jon "The Pox" Moxley

-- Also, the erudite, eloquent and... I can't think of another "e" word, MJF gives a "State Of The Industry Address".

-- And there's your preview. After a few weeks of TV specials and branded events, its nice to settle back into "normal". Or whatever passes for "normal" in this crazy, outlaw mudshow company. Regardless, it looks like a fun one this week. Tally ho!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WARHORSE WARHORSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WARHORSE feels like on of those wrestling jokes I'm just not in on.

He's the "Sharknado" of indie wrestling.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, JR snarking on this match like he's on Mystery Wrestling Theater 3,000 or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In kayfabe, it should mean a whole Hell of a lot for Taz to compliment your suplex technique.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Hardy out of nowhere!

And, because its Matt Hardy, it literally might have been out of nowhere.

Remember, he can teleport.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dog just told me that the Mox/Darby Allin vs. Cage/Starks tag-team match is actually a Tornado Tag-Team match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like somebody shrunk The Ultimate Warrior in the dryer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Warhorse guy signed? I forgot

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad.

WARHORSE has some ups.

- - - Updated - - -

That's...that's... Matt Cardona!

He's here to kick ass and buy action figures. And he's all out of ass.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo Woo Woo

- - - Updated - - -

AEW slowly becoming WWE B

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cassidy couldn't figure out how a ladder works.

I think Jericho might have him beat in an intellectual debate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The least realistic thing about that whole segment was Arn Anderson turning down a drink.

- - - Updated - - -

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anna Jay as the new "The Bunny".

She went from dressing like Zatanna to Tony Khan's dominatrix fantasy.