User Tag List

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 798586878889
Results 8,801 to 8,833 of 8833

Thread: The Official Spurs Transfer Rumours thread

Andy
    I don't care, think it's quite an odd signing for Spurs though.

Simon
    You have continually crowed about it being lies and nonsense, bothering to go back and dig out all the bits of info that didn't come to fruition, yet the very next bit of information I copied across turned out to be true, the newspapers only catching up a good while after, and now suddenly you don't care? That's handy.

I'd have liked us to go for a less limited player, but it's not an odd signing at all - we desperately needed to improve the cover for Dier and Dembele in centre mid, with Mason and Carroll different (and worse) players, Bentaleb crocked constantly and Alli playing higher up the pitch. Wanyama is a proven Premier League performer and is very good at what he does - he won't bring as much to the team in possession as Dier does, nor does he have Dembele's ability to carry the ball, but we're not really in a position to pad our bench out with players of equal calibre, we're not City or Chelsea. I'll feel a lot more comfortable the next time Dier or Dembele misses a game knowing Wanyama is the alternative rather than Mason or Carroll.

Just need a striker now and we're all set for next season, anything else would be a bonus.
    Last edited by Simon; June 21st, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Andy
    I don't care - people are more than welcome to spend loads of time writing/reading it if they want to. Just seems like a lot, if not most of it is bollocks or speculation that anyone could make up.

Andy
    For example -

- Hearing Vardy is leaning towards Arsenal - he wants guarantees he'll be first choice which haven't been given but hasn't been impressed with transfer ambitions at Leicester.
    - Arsenal have opened preliminary talks with Higuain. I'm told he wants to come but it wouldn't be cheap - talking £50m plus. If Wenger doesn't get Vardy it's Higuain he'll go for.
    - Speaking of which, I'm hearing that Real are constantly moving the goal posts re Morata. They're trying to create a bidding war that Arsenal are likely priced out of.
    - Ospina talks with Besiktas have stalled, as have Szcz to Roma. Both unlikely to stay so we're actively sending feelers out to clubs to gauge interest. Looking for £15m for either.

Simon
    As has been pointed out to you a million times before, the only information which makes it into the public domain on these websites is exceptionally well vetted. Maybe you're right and they are wind-up merchants, but if so they are wind-up merchants with incredible luck because they invariably turn out to be right.

In any case, I'm not sure what your point is in posting those Arsenal rumours - what's wrong with discussing the pros and cons of those deals? God knows we all spend enough time talking about players we'd like our clubs to sign when it's all hypothetical and there's no actual link at all, so where's the harm in discussing rumours, regardless of where those rumours come from? We're all happy enough to discuss transfer stories that come up in the papers, and those journalists are often using the same sources as the ITKs.

Juve have confirmed that Madrid will be buying Morata back, btw. With regard to those kind of deals, I would be interested to see if the player has any say in the matter...presumably as he's owned by Juve he has the right to turn down a move back to Madrid, so he could come to an agreement with Juve to reject the Madrid move, allowing Juve to make a huge profit on him which he can then take a cut of.
    Last edited by Simon; June 21st, 2016 at 11:38 AM.

Simon
    Not a transfer, but Marcus Edwards has signed his first professional contract with us, turning down offers from City, United and Barcelona among others. Obviously you have to be very careful to overhype any player at his age (17), and especially one so small, but by all accounts he is a superstar in the making. He's apparently going to be given a squad number, which would imply he's at least going into our reserves/U21s/whatever they are nowadays, stepping up from the U18s.

Simon
    New news

although [Bentable] has been trying hard in training he has been doing it with attitude any thing over 12 m and he will be gone, with at least 3 clubs showing serious interest. The same goes for Mason, Poch loves him, but if the right bid came in he would be allowed to leave if he wanted to. Tom Carrol is also on that list, but again Poch likes him as a person and around the squad, but he has been told his playing time will be limited. Yedlin is in the North East talking to both Sunderland and Newcastle. Chadli wants to stay, but also been told he may be warming the bench a lot this season. Its 50/50 if he goes. Poch has a tough week ahead because he likes most of the above players, but he is willing to make hard decisions for the betterment of the team/club. Eriksen will sign a new contract, but my man thinks he will be gone by this time next year.

N'Kandou should be with us before the Liverpool game and as I have said before the delay has been caused because of the change at the top at Marseille and their attempt to change payment structures. Poch still wants another AM and he has someone "special" in mind. to quote my source "it wont be Pogbaesque , but will surprise people" The Spanish GK also still on the cards.

There have been enquiries from at least two potential buyers of the club, but we are a long way from selling. Naming rights are a lot further down the road and an announcement could be made within the next 12 months. Levy and co have been busy lining up various new sponsorship deals and advertising for when we move into the new ground. In short he is short listing major companies for like for like exclusive deals e.g. Coke v Pepsi, Fed Ex v UPS, basically the highest bidder will get the gig.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yedlin has passed a medical, possible hold up is Spurs have shown an interest in Sissoko and we enquired about Bentaleb, so might be a deal in the offing instead of straight £5m for Yedlin.

Simon
    Any other deals are unlikely now that Yedlin has gone because we would have offset his price against the other deals somehow in order to limit the sell-on fee to Seattle.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    We are holding out for the full amount upfront on Sissoko apparently

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    £30m

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought we were bad paying that much for Wjnaldum.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Honestly lads our new strip should have been hoops and a black mask.

Did no one watch our games last year? Wjnaldum was ok 75% of the home matches and shite away, Sissoko had a handful of good games when the cameras were there, neither have any heart and are both shit under pressure, £55m for the pair is just insane business.

Andy
    I've seen some stuff written about how many players Newcastle have brought in but they have raked in like £70m+ for three players which is just madness. They can afford to collect good Championship players to get them up this year then fuck them off later.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    We have £31m just sitting aside for the January window if needed, honestly this is incredible for us, excellent squad built to do the job in hand and plans clearly in place for the future.

Odd times for a Newcastle fan these days, even the knuckle draggers are struggling to hate Mike right now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Half od Glasgow wants to murder him so its ok.
    TAPS AFF!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this Sissoko deal explodes the myth that Daniel Levy is a great haggler.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Hopefully this Sissoko deal explodes the myth that Daniel Levy is a great haggler.
    The argument used yesterday was he stayed out until the negotiations were done to avoid being in a bidding war then jumped in to take it at that price

Simon
    Why would one deal turn it into a myth? It's beyond question that he's a good haggler, he gets big money for unwanted players and usually gets players on the cheap. Levy is far from perfect, and in fact his insistence on getting the best possible deal is sometimes his biggest failing when he won't pay the extra money to get a player we need...but his ability to get deals done on his terms is hardly a myth.

On what basis do you think he's a bad haggler?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying £30m for an average footballer?

Simon
    OK, let's go back to the first sentence of my post then. I agree with you that £30m for Sissoko is paying over the odds (while acknowledging that Sissoko is capable of being a player who would make that valuation look reasonable) but why does one exception mean it's a myth that Levy is good at getting the right price on transfers? Does the fact that Wenger just spent £50m on two players mean your claim that Arsenal don't spend enough money is a myth?

Take a look back at our transfers over the years and show me one that was clearly overpriced at the time of purchase. Obviously the likes of Soldado and Paulinho flopped, but at the time those were reasonable prices for highly rated players.
    Last edited by Simon; September 1st, 2016 at 3:04 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying £30m for an average footballer?
    They probably should've went for Wilshire for a years loan. I mean do they really need him? Thought Spurs had plenty of Centre mids.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    We have £31m just sitting aside for the January window if needed, honestly this is incredible for us, excellent squad built to do the job in hand and plans clearly in place for the future.

Odd times for a Newcastle fan these days, even the knuckle draggers are struggling to hate Mike right now.
    Mike Ashley is scum.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yup, but he's clever scum.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    The argument used yesterday was he stayed out until the negotiations were done to avoid being in a bidding war then jumped in to take it at that price
    At the price he was offered to them a week ago while we were signing Yedlin?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Half od Glasgow wants to murder him so its ok.
    Plus most of the workers at his warehouse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yup, but he's clever scum.
    Nah he's a fucking crook. I'd love to jump on his fat cunt face.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the price he was offered to them a week ago while we were signing Yedlin?
    So they had a week to shop around look at alternatives and paid no premium for it being deadline day? Yeah mate had his pants down on that one

Simon
    To be fair sof another way of looking at it is that we bid £16m, lost interest when that was rejected and then came back with a bid that was near double. It doesn't suggest that Newcastle outdid him in the discussions (once Everton bid £30m we had no bargaining power, that was the fee we had to match) but it does suggest we paid way over our valuation of him.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    To be fair here I still think Spurs are sharp in the market, they are generally one of those teams that does well out of most deals, but they certainly didn't here.

For what it's worth I've always had a soft spot for them as my first tracksuit was a Spurs one, I needed one for a sports day at school and the only one my Mam could find at short notice was a Spurs one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's still a fair point to be made regarding the price inflation this summer, and the fact that Pochettino could potentially get the best out of the player. In this day and age, its far from a transfer disaster.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If he decides to play he's a huge asset, and in a Spurs team pushing for the top he should flourish, the problem is if he decides he wants to move on, and the fact he's a self confessed arsenal fan can't sit well.

Simon
    Walker and Dier likely to go due to Levy not offering big enough wages, Rose and Alderweireld also supposedly unhappy with what they are being offered...it begins