User Tag List

Page 1064 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 10541060106110621063106410651066106710681074 ... LastLast
Results 106,301 to 106,400 of 108985

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ok then.

Ok.

Shit.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Champions League thread guys come on. English football doesn't throw classics like this up on its own.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _me View Post
    I don't care how annoying Liverpool fans can be (although being over in the US and not having to be up close to them certainly helps), I don't understand how anyone can support Manchester City over anyone.

I would always rather have annoying fans get what they want than a soulless club who spends endless piles of cash to buy their titles win another trophy by spending more money than any team in the history of the league.
    Sure you just cut and pasted this post from the last time you wanked on about city and nobody agreed with you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Sure you just cut and pasted this post from the last time you wanked on about city and nobody agreed with you.
    It is the same complaint. I only repeated it because everyone was going on about annoying Liverpool fans and I was trying to add a different perspective. Sorry for not following the group think and having an independent opinion.

I was hopeful that two more years of them buying their way to records would change some minds.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But like you said, you dont have to tolerate the Liverpool fans, so you probably wont understand our perspective.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell. This is pretty much worse case scenario for me. Probably only Spurs v Chelsea would be worse

I cannot and will not even support Spurs in a football match. But I also hate Liverpool because their fans and media cheerleaders will be unbearable if they win.

I am just not going to watch and go cold turkey, turn off phone and stay off social media etc

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Premier League money advantage fully paying off this year.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankfurt were unlucky there, but these finals will be fun!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Fucking hell. This is pretty much worse case scenario for me. Probably only Spurs v Chelsea would be worse

I cannot and will not even support Spurs in a football match. But I also hate Liverpool because their fans and media cheerleaders will be unbearable if they win.

I am just not going to watch and go cold turkey, turn off phone and stay off social media etc

Support Liverpool just for me though, I am a sound fella.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be so fucked without our strikers. Ozil was also good last night. Huge game coming up now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post

Support Liverpool just for me though, I am a sound fella.
    You are in fairness. Still gonna be tough

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A life time of Spurs fans saying they won the Champions league before you, or our fans going on about six times which mainly we will wind up United and Everton with.

Simon
    I love you Chris but believe me when I tell you that will wind up more than just United and Everton fans

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    These are dark times but I've got no choice but to hope Liverpool win it now. I didn't want it to come to this but we just can't have Spurs winning the European Cup. However, I will admit that it's particularly hard to hate Spurs too much with Poch at the helm. So much passion, seeing him tear up in the post-match interview was something. And Lucas crying when some Brazilian journalists played him the Brazilian commentary for his winner.

This would all be even worse had we been the one English team not to make it through our semi final as well. So I'm grateful for that!

Simon
    I'll say this very quietly but I actually don't mind Chelsea that much now. With no Mourinho and no Terry, there aren't so many cunts there (not a fan of Azpilicueta and Alonso is literally a killer who somehow doesn't ever get called out for it, but that's about it) and the likes of Hazard, Kante and Rudiger seem like properly nice chaps.

It is, of course, possible that I don't hate them as much now because they aren't as good as they used to be.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Alonso is a killer?

Simon
    On 2 May 2011, Alonso was arrested following his involvement in a car accident in Madrid. He was the driver of a car that collided with a wall, killing one of the passengers, a 22-year-old woman, having been driving at 112.8 km/h (70 mph) in wet conditions in a 50 km/h (30 mph) zone, with a blood alcohol level of 0.93 mg per millilitre of blood.

He faced 21 months in prison when sentenced in February 2016, but his punishment was changed to a €61,000 fine and a driving ban of three years and four months, which had already been spent.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Jesus.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Alonso is literally a killer who somehow doesn't ever get called out for it, but that's about it
    It gets mentioned every week by away fans.

Simon
    Yeah and not acknowledged ever by the media.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love you Chris but believe me when I tell you that will wind up more than just United and Everton fans
    Haha maybe. But tbh doesn’t bother us I think because we’re only interested in United & Everton. We’d wind Chelsea up and you when we play you. But anyway 50/50 anyone final this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just need to check with you guys. Cardiff are a top team, right?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fuck for that. Congrats City.

United. Quick sign up Ole!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    They already signed him you loon.

The Rosk
    United are fucking embarrassing. Mourinho did an amazing job and should never have been turfed out. Poor bastard.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the worst bit isn't losing 2-0 at home to already relegated Cardiff or the performance where clearly no one gave a shit but it was more that....no one was either shocked or cared. Awful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now Simon's viewing the thread. I'm about to feel even worse in a bit.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    They already signed him you loon.
    Yes I know , that was the whole point of the joke Griff.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on, Simon. Make it quick. I already feel like pure shit right now.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you do now, Rune? Do you stick with Ole and back him financially? Get rid and go balls to the wall for Poch or similar and do a complete overhaul of the squad?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely at this point it can’t possibly be the manager that’s at blame. You’ve had a grinder, a respected veteran, one of the most proven and successful managers in the world and a crowd favourite and they’ve all washed out and have all spent plenty of money. The problems are bigger than who is picking the team.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Also who stays if they do overhaul the squad? Seems like almost every player that has actually performed is either getting on in years, has injury problems or is probably leaving anyway.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest to god you have to burn it to the ground. I know it's counter to all logic but you really have to burn that squad down almost entirely. As Ringo said some of the players you would want to stay are potentially going to posture their way out.

I know it sounds stupid but Ashley Young is not good enough at anything to ever be captain of united. Like holy shit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    What would you do now, Rune? Do you stick with Ole and back him financially? Get rid and go balls to the wall for Poch or similar and do a complete overhaul of the squad?
    I think the club needs a overhaul, with or without Poch. As for who the right man for the job is, its easy to say in hindsight we probably should've gone for Poch, but I can see why we went with Ole instead. It wasn't that people thought Ole was some great manager that's better than Poch. Its that up until the PSG game, the feeling was "well he's already here and doing the job well. The players are getting on well with him, the results are coming in, why do we have to look elsewhere when we can get by with Ole?". And on top of that, Ole started giving his input on the long term plans for the club, outlining transfer targets, the team's philosophy, play style, etc. So the board thought it probably made sense to hire him now and start implementing plans for the future right away, rather than waiting till the summer and wasting valuable time.
    So I'm not disappointed in the decision to hire Ole. I'm just disappointed in how it turned out after.
    As I said, I never rated Ole as a top manager. But the thing is, I thought the job didnt actually require one. I assumed we had a squad full of talented players that only needed someone to simply lead the way, rather than a manager with the tactical knowledge and experience to really get stuck in and actually make some drastic changes (like Van Gaal and Mourinho tried to do). This works for some teams. Like Barca where they have a philosophy in place, and a team that already knows what they're doing, and managers like Luis Enrique or Ernesto Valverde can basically coast at the job to success, as the hard work in creating the club's ethos had already been done before they had arrived. Ole started off his tenure as interim manager really well, and we were lead to believe the job isn't as difficult as we initially thought.
    As its become more apparent now, the squad needed rebuilding. And for a rebuilding process, Poch was definitely the better candidate for the job. He's already done it with Spurs as he turned the team from the days of Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart, into what you see today. And I think he might have even done it with a positive net spend overall during that whole period, which is an amazing accomplishment all things considered. But we went with Ole, and the rest is history.

As for where we go from here, I don't know. Poch is clearly angling for more funds from Levy. He made those comments initially about wanting to step down as manager after the UCL final, and then days later he backtracks and adds that he's going to need to speak to the board and discuss the future, whilst alluding to his need for more money to take the team forward. If he gets what he wants, then there's no reason for him to leave Spurs.
    If on the other hand he becomes available, you have to work out how to get rid of Ole first and foremost. Apparently the reason to taking their time in sacking Mourinho was mostly down to the compensation package he was due. Having to pay out to two managers within the space of 12 months would be quite embarrassing (and costly). And then there's the thought that if Poch comes in and doesnt succeed, then clearly we aren't addressing the real issues, and we're wasting a ton of time and money in the process while we come to this realisation.

Either way, we need to start making long term plans before making these sorts of decisions. Usually these are made by the director of football/sports director. A role for which we've only just started taking steps toward filling. Its a bit mad to think we're talking about a club worth an estimated $4bn, and the owners dont know what they're doing with it. Its taken us 5 years to realise that since Fergie and David Gill left, there's been no one at the club that's been directing what the club is doing and planning where it should be going.

Its going to be an interesting summer. We've been in this position before, but we've not looked at our issues from the perspective we now currently do. Let's see what happens.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Go on, Simon. Make it quick. I already feel like pure shit right now.

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Mourinho's here for ten in a row anyway so suck it up Manchester United fans. Yes that means you RuneEdge Keano's Magic Hat and Matt E
    The fuck did I do?

ps

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt E View Post
    The fuck did I do?

ps
    Wanna come back for RFF next year?

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha how has that been? Were Messi and Ronaldo ever banned?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep then we moved to no euro players at all. You are very welcome back. We have space for you next season....

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh actually you have to play. Torn surpassed you this season as the most successful player ever. Dont let that happen, he's a cunt.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a think pal. Prob end up like Kenny Dalglish, only with less defending of racists.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a comeback.

Simon
    Matt have you genuinely come out of a six year absence just to see how badly United are getting rinsed on here?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an element of seeing how much you lot are losing your shit at being in a CL final, and laughing at Liverpool losing a title with 97 points tbf

We are hilariously shit though, I would be lapping it up too. What happened to the asylum btw?
    Last edited by Matt E; May 12th, 2019 at 5:23 PM.

Simon
    It's still there, but @JP won the POTTY last year and got to change the name. He chose that poncy Latin rubbish, the big prat.

I don't think it has sunk in yet that we are in the CL final. At the moment it doesn't quite feel like an achievement because it isn't over and it could get even better. I imagine if we lose it will immediately sink in just what a huge achievement it is to have got there. It still doesn't quite feel real, like it is somehow unrealistic that we are in the final even though it is literally happening in real life.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has worked out the name yet. When they do, Asylum can come back.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I think the club needs a overhaul, with or without Poch. As for who the right man for the job is, its easy to say in hindsight we probably should've gone for Poch, but I can see why we went with Ole instead. It wasn't that people thought Ole was some great manager that's better than Poch. Its that up until the PSG game, the feeling was "well he's already here and doing the job well. The players are getting on well with him, the results are coming in, why do we have to look elsewhere when we can get by with Ole?". And on top of that, Ole started giving his input on the long term plans for the club, outlining transfer targets, the team's philosophy, play style, etc. So the board thought it probably made sense to hire him now and start implementing plans for the future right away, rather than waiting till the summer and wasting valuable time.
    So I'm not disappointed in the decision to hire Ole. I'm just disappointed in how it turned out after.
    As I said, I never rated Ole as a top manager. But the thing is, I thought the job didnt actually require one. I assumed we had a squad full of talented players that only needed someone to simply lead the way, rather than a manager with the tactical knowledge and experience to really get stuck in and actually make some drastic changes (like Van Gaal and Mourinho tried to do). This works for some teams. Like Barca where they have a philosophy in place, and a team that already knows what they're doing, and managers like Luis Enrique or Ernesto Valverde can basically coast at the job to success, as the hard work in creating the club's ethos had already been done before they had arrived. Ole started off his tenure as interim manager really well, and we were lead to believe the job isn't as difficult as we initially thought.
    As its become more apparent now, the squad needed rebuilding. And for a rebuilding process, Poch was definitely the better candidate for the job. He's already done it with Spurs as he turned the team from the days of Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart, into what you see today. And I think he might have even done it with a positive net spend overall during that whole period, which is an amazing accomplishment all things considered. But we went with Ole, and the rest is history.

As for where we go from here, I don't know. Poch is clearly angling for more funds from Levy. He made those comments initially about wanting to step down as manager after the UCL final, and then days later he backtracks and adds that he's going to need to speak to the board and discuss the future, whilst alluding to his need for more money to take the team forward. If he gets what he wants, then there's no reason for him to leave Spurs.
    If on the other hand he becomes available, you have to work out how to get rid of Ole first and foremost. Apparently the reason to taking their time in sacking Mourinho was mostly down to the compensation package he was due. Having to pay out to two managers within the space of 12 months would be quite embarrassing (and costly). And then there's the thought that if Poch comes in and doesnt succeed, then clearly we aren't addressing the real issues, and we're wasting a ton of time and money in the process while we come to this realisation.

Either way, we need to start making long term plans before making these sorts of decisions. Usually these are made by the director of football/sports director. A role for which we've only just started taking steps toward filling. Its a bit mad to think we're talking about a club worth an estimated $4bn, and the owners dont know what they're doing with it. Its taken us 5 years to realise that since Fergie and David Gill left, there's been no one at the club that's been directing what the club is doing and planning where it should be going.

Its going to be an interesting summer. We've been in this position before, but we've not looked at our issues from the perspective we now currently do. Let's see what happens.
    What you need...is Arsene Wenger.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt E is a superstar

Simon
    Hughton sacked. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's insane he's done a great job all things considered. They must have someone lined up to have done this.

Simon
    Graham Potter's suddenly went 1/8 around 7pm last night so I'd imagine it's him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you need...is Arsene Wenger.
    I guess we are a team that fights for Champion's League spots at best...

The Rosk
    The current score is 2-2 between RuneEdge and Simon. There's only two minutes left on the clock.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Set 2 of players

Chilwell - Lots of talk about City. I reckon he stays and big brendy gives him a hug
    David Brooks - Sounds like the sniff will be on this summer. Wouldn't be surprised to even see the likes of Liverpool around him this summer. I think he's decent but is being over hyped atm. I could be wrong I've mainly been seeing highlights so I'm obviously forming opinion on half the picture
    Dan James - The leeds deal looked sewn up but his star has risen in the past 2/3 months. Premiership beckons I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Newcastle in because the price seems very decent
    Sturridge - Out of contract. Out of form. Where does he go? He seems 100% a West Ham type signing as they love spunking money up the wall.
    Dan James seemingly going to United. I'm really surprised. Is he going to get a go in the 1st team squad etc? I assume this is Ryan Giggs picking up the phone btw. This is his first real season of senior football at 21 as well. WILD

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unpopular opinion - I would watch and enjoy a 4 team play-off for the last CL place every year.

One off games. 4th vs 7th. 5th vs 6th and winners face off. Would have all the games at neutral stadiums potentially overseas.

I honestly think Wolves would have won it this year

Simon
    Yeah that would be great, will never happen as long as the current top six remain where they are though. Play-offs for relegation would be good as well. Basically try to limit the number of midtable teams with nothing to play for.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'd like it if only the champions qualified for the CL...

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should at least change the name of the 'Champions League' to the 'European Elite League' or something. Real won the Champions League 4 years out of 5, yet only qualified as 'champion' once.

Wait 'til Celtic surpass Rangers' title haul then chuck league football as we know it in the bin and put every team in Europe in the same pyramid system.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this is Ryan Giggs picking up the phone btw. This is his first real season of senior football at 21 as well. WILD
    Prob Ole searching Champo for regens given how things are run at the moment.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk of being in for Sean Longstaff as well. I mean it's an interesting strategy. I still think the future has to be playing some of the youth players like gomes and greenwood even if they are 2nd choice but just building that identity back up.

Attacking side that brings youth prospects through

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah in fairness I'd much prefer this approach rather than overpaying for late 20s players on crazy wages and no overall vision in place.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any buzz about the FA Cup this year? They switched it to a pay channel here in the US this year (used to be on 'basic cable', our version of Sky) so I haven't watched a second of it this year but it also means that no one is talking about it. It seems like an especially quiet year. Probably all the English teams in the European Cups stole the buzz too.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk of being in for Sean Longstaff as well. I mean it's an interesting strategy. I still think the future has to be playing some of the youth players like gomes and greenwood even if they are 2nd choice but just building that identity back up.

Attacking side that brings youth prospects through
    That should be the plan for almost every team. Use your youth as depth and give them second team time for development so they can grow into potential starters. Then you buy the pieces you are missing for your first team because people didn't develop into starters as hoped.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any buzz about the FA Cup this year? They switched it to a pay channel here in the US this year (used to be on 'basic cable', our version of Sky) so I haven't watched a second of it this year but it also means that no one is talking about it. It seems like an especially quiet year. Probably all the English teams in the European Cups stole the buzz too.
    I think it's really sad to see the FA Cup the way it is now and has been for about 10 years. I remember as a kid the whole country looked forward to it, whether your team was in the final or not, I remember on a Friday night there used to be a programme called 'Who will win the cup'.

On the Saturday you had the build up from early morning all the way up to kick and remember there was street parties, the whole day was brilliant. Such a shame to see it the way it is now, if you were to ask people now, a lot of them wouldn't even realise it was cup final day.

Simon
    That all-day stuff was a load of old bollocks to be fair. I don't care where Vinnie Jones got his cup final hair cut, I don't care about some old bloke who has travelled from Australia to see his team, it's all just filler used to hype up the game. It would be better if the cup actually meant something nowadays but really anything more than an hour build up is overkill.

That said, I think the CL final coverage should start this Monday.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be the plan for almost every team. Use your youth as depth and give them second team time for development so they can grow into potential starters. Then you buy the pieces you are missing for your first team because people didn't develop into starters as hoped.
    I think so but the honest to god truth is spotting talent isn't as clear cut as we all think and also the margins at the top are so close and managers are so terrified they want ready made players.

Sadly for smaller teams doing this just gets you picked off too look at Monaco and now Ajax

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been an absolute mauling.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fucking Watford muscling in on our records.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most one sided final ever. Poor Watford

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Most one sided final ever. Poor Watford
    Almost as one sided as comparing their wage bills

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a new narrative. You’re boring.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a new narrative. You’re boring.
    I am sorry my facts keep getting in the way

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just keep repeating them as nauseum. We all know it, none of us particularly care. Stop beating the same drum. You’ve made your point.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The report of Chelsea firing Sarri for Lampard is a joke right? Surely.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I hope so.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I think so. I mean there was like super weird stories last year of being interested in Jokanovic before they hired sarri so could just be tabloids linking them to ex players https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...m-manager.html

I honestly believe Frank will be Chelsea manager one day. Incredibly intelligent man, think he has an analytical mind and seems to get on with players. He's developed as year has gone on and if he continues to it'll only be a matter of time I believe. I do think this summer would be too early but can understand the allure if there's a transfer ban and you want to promote youth of hiring him and morris

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random shout out to Ryan Babel who played fucking well 2nd half of the season for Fulham. If we go up I would be 100% behind signing him

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess they envy the United banter. They want their own Ole for people to laugh at.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan James seemingly going to United. I'm really surprised. Is he going to get a go in the 1st team squad etc? I assume this is Ryan Giggs picking up the phone btw. This is his first real season of senior football at 21 as well. WILD
    Looking closer to being done. Rumours that Darren Fletcher has recommended a stoke cb to them as well so old boys network starting to kick up a gear. INTERESTING

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The worst thing about this new Man Utd strategy is that they must have kids of this calibre in the academy that they just won't give a chance to.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen the players from the academy, we really dont.
    Besides Mason Greenwood, the rest are mediocre.

Simon
    Yeah I keep up to date with youth team football in this country wherever I can and I don't hear much about United at any level - the only ones that get mentioned are the ones people already know about like Laird, Garner and Chong.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal seem to have the best kids at the moment, although City are starting to develop kids at the younger ages now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our reserve team manager has been shit (and apparently on the verge of being sacked). Our youth team hasnt really looked that good for a long time now. Garner could be good, I dunno. I hear things about him but havent seen enough myself personally. Chong shows moments of quality but nothing special. Gomes was the one with high hopes but people were saying this almost 3 years ago and I havent seen any significant progression since (he might benefit from a loan now cuz its make or break for him, and apparently he's considering leaving).

Mason Greenwood looks like the star though. His goal and assist record last season was amazing, and made his debut in the last game of this season, where he looked like our best player that day. Some say he looks better now than Sancho did at the same age (and people were saying Sancho looks like the best talent we've produced in a while). He's a different type of player though. More closer to someone like Van Persie IMO.

Going back to the Daniel James thing, I kinda like the signing. Too many of our average players take their spot for granted in the team. He's exactly the kind of player need to give the attackers a wake up call. Plus judging from my expert youtube scouting analysis, he seems rapid as fuck. More so than anyone else currently at the team.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah I keep up to date with youth team football in this country wherever I can and I don't hear much about United at any level - the only ones that get mentioned are the ones people already know about like Laird, Garner and Chong.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal seem to have the best kids at the moment, although City are starting to develop kids at the younger ages now.
    They've got them. Had you heard of Rashford? What about more chances for Hamilton, Poole and others? What about Tuanzebe? Chong was the best player on the pitch that Sunday game they played, Huddersfield I think.

Man United have been fobbing off the types of players they're now bizarrely bidding inflated prices on for years and years and years. Dan James was 8.5mil 4 months ago, now 15mil - they're miles off the market and this is a desperate attempt to try and appear shrewd.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the guy in charge of making deals is shit. What we supposed to do?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get him sacked? Im sure you lot could russle up a banner a la Moyes

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is Ed Woodward. The Glazer's personal accountant. The man who helped the owners to take over the club. He ain't going anywhere.
    Its been well documented how bad he is at his job, since before Fergie left. There's been nearly a dozen stories over the years about how we've paid the price for his incompetence. But like I said, he aint going anywhere.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone be remotely interested in a Women's world cup preview?

It seems to be getting a lot more attention this year and its something I could do but can I be arsed if nobody reads it or watches it?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. I'll be watching as much as I can and I know a couple of others will be too.

Simon
    Yeah I'd be interested.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yup.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I will knock something up over the weekend, maybe make its own thread. (in an ideal world it would crossover to a full women's football thread after the tournament but that's a big ask of course..)

I'll do stuff like an overview of the teams, players to watch out for and maybe some betting tips and all that.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Seem to recall we had a nice win on some Dutch striker against England in the last World Cup. More of that please.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Seem to recall we had a nice win on some Dutch striker against England in the last World Cup. More of that please.
    Yeah Vivianne Miedema. Premier League player of the year, I would back her to score any time she plays. She was like 11-1 or something ridiculous.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I want a full post on Christine Sinclair

Simon
    All I really know about the upcoming tournament is that the best player in the world won't be there, Ada Hegerberg won't be in the Norway squad because she's in dispute with their federation over how they treat women's football. A shame for casual fans but fair play to her, she's using her status to try and be a force for change.

MMH / anyone else interested, there was a show on 5 Live last night from inside the England camp ahead of the tournament. I haven't listened yet but their shows and podcasts are generally excellent.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a full post on Christine Sinclair
    She will obviously get a mention!

I am hoping Huitema gets some game time. Seems a good prospect.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    MMH, why is Duggan so big in the top goalscorer market and top England goalscorer market? Is she not starting striker?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    MMH, why is Duggan so big in the top goalscorer market and top England goalscorer market? Is she not starting striker?
    She has competition for the starting role up front, Jodie Taylor should start if fit. Ellen White always seems to get a game somehow and Nikitta Paris has been on fire the past season or so.

Duggan has never been a great goalscorer (not scored in 11 games for England) and I have never been convinced by her (that's not to say she is bad or anything, her record is fine enough). I had not seen much of her since she moved to Barcelona but got to see her in the CL semi against Bayern and she must touched the ball about 5 times in the two games.

Paris or Fran Kirby as an outside bet are who I would be looking at.