Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,700 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have 2 "world champions" so to speak, 1 is going to outshine the other depending on the storyline and brand. I have a hard time imagining Smackdown's world title match without Kofi being even remotely as big of a deal. Kevin Owens v. Daniel Bryan is a great match but nothing significant compared to Lesnar v. Seth Rollins.

The WWE could have EASILY put Asuka in a fatal fourway and had her look super strong by going over. Because now what? You have Becky and Lacey Evans, 2 talents who for the last 4-5 months have been on both shows, feuding. Over what belt? Both? Who knows.

Also, not sure what I think about Sasha and Bayley and these rumors. Sasha posted a pic of them with the IIconics after they lost at Mania so take that for what it's worth.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find interesting about Sasha/Bayley is... they have a right to be upset. You can enjoy 60% of your job and still be frustrated with the other 40%. Also, who cares how they acted backstage or in their own hotel room? They went out to WM like professionals and without hesitation put over their real life friends, Billie and Peyton.

Also, the division has never been about Bayley and hasn't been about Sasha since SummerSlam 2017. They floundered for the remainder of 2017, had a brilliant Sasha vs Bayley feud squandered because WWE writers are idiots, and for most of 2018 were either left off of PPVs, or were thrown into countless tag matches against Riott Squad on RAW. Bayley literally didn't appear on a PPV from Feb. 25 Elimination Chamber to Oct. 28 Evolution, and I am not counting the battle royal pre-show of WM. Sasha had MITB in June but then she wasn't in a PPV until Evolution.

I'd honestly be disgruntled, too. I understand that wrestling, much like life, goes through ebbs and flows and what have you. But it's not like they were being handed golden opportunities every week and they were just failing to capitalize. Plus, it must be upsetting to watch women like Bliss, Ronda, and the Bellas take center stage in the women's division, when Sasha and Bayley are unequivocally better in ring than those ladies.

I know, Bay/Say will no doubt end up in the HoF one day, so sorry if I come off as a crazy apologist for them. I just wish they, especially Bayley, had slightly better treatment. Hopefully one or both of them goes to SD!.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She ain't gonna be back for a while then.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind them pushing Bliss more than Bayley/Sasha because what Bliss lacks in the ring, she more than makes up for on the mic. In the ring, on a 10 pt scale, Sasha is maybe an 8.5, Bayley is 7.3, and Bliss is 6.5. But on the mic, Bliss is 9.8 while Sasha is maybe a 7.1 and Bayley 6.5.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you come up those numbers? Why is Sasha a 7.1 on the mic and not a 7.2?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I don't mind them pushing Bliss more than Bayley/Sasha because what Bliss lacks in the ring, she more than makes up for on the mic. In the ring, on a 10 pt scale, Sasha is maybe an 8.5, Bayley is 7.3, and Bliss is 6.5. But on the mic, Bliss is 9.8 while Sasha is maybe a 7.1 and Bayley 6.5.
    As a face, 7.1 is generous for Sasha.

As a heel, she would put Alexa to shame. I feel like that's why it won't happen till they get them on different rosters. Alexa can't pull off babyface at all without coming off as generic. And she's a big star for them who they like very much so they aren't going to jeaporadize her position for the likes of Sasha who, as you said, can always get by on her wrestling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm treating all this stuff with Bayley and Sasha as rumor until proven otherwise, because it could very well all just be a work.

With that said, if all that we've heard turned out to be true, I'd be annoyed. Look, I'm not going to sit here and congratulate anyone for DOING THEIR JOB and being professional. I've grown so fucking tired as a wrestler myself of people congratulating others for professional. No, that's you're fucking job... go out there, drop the belts. Go out there, put someone over. Go out there, entertain that crowd. It's not like the girls were asked to go out there and flash their tits or anything of the sort, it was decided to drop the belts to a heel team to give The IIconics some steam. Now, it's the IIconics' turn to either sink or swim. You can guaran-damn-tee that if they fail, the belts will go right back to Sasha and Bayley. In essence, the two do not need the belts to get over, they can do that on their own. The IIconics need it right now and the chase is always better anyway. Protesting losing the belt? Did Jacqueline lay on the floor of her hotel room when she had to drop the belt to Sable (and she didn't even have a title belt when she WON the title)? Nope. Did Lita protest when they had her put over Stacy, Torrie, and a very green Trish or Stephanie? Nope. When Sable didn't bring the Women's Title to shows so she wouldn't have to drop it to Luna, that made me sad and angry. When Chyna thought she was too good to face the other women when she wasn't the best wrestler herself, that made me angry and sad as well... and those two are my absolute faves.

Sasha and Bayley, if all this is true, need to grow up. They made history as the "first-ever" Women's Tag Team Champions, they have been involved in so many legendary moments and milestones in their short WWE careers, but in the same breath... many fans got tired of Sasha during her feud with Charlotte; many fans started disconnecting from Bayley as well. The greatest hindrance, I feel, to Sasha is her relationship with Bayley. And vice-versa. We need super-babyface hugger Bayley with better mic skills, and she can be that over on SmackDown! against a super heel Charlotte or can have a wrestling-program with Asuka. Sasha? We need BOSS Sasha, full-blown heel, and we need her without her super-fan-friendly/goody-two-shoes bestie dragging her down. Let mean Sasha out to play, especially with Lacey Evans on RAW, ESPECIALLY with super-hot Becky right now, and especially once Nia gets back. That will solve so many issues. Sasha will be happier in real-life and the crowd will be entertained.

If anything, dropping the Tag Titles could facilitate a feud between Sasha and Bayley. Get in a rematch with the IIconics. Have Bayley take the pin again. Sasha's finally had it, goes full blown heel. Beats her ass, you can get Becky involved even, then throw in Lacey. Maybe Becky comes to Bayley's aid (because God knows that crowd MAY turn against Bayley just to cheer for Boss Sasha), you freshen things up; don't hold back, let it rip.

The person who should be frustrated is Mickie James. It's fucking criminal that she's not being utilized to her full potential. I really want crazy Mickie to return.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Mickie, like Natalya, are considered 'past it' by Vince.

The only woman he seems to fully trust in the division is Charlotte. Becky for sure was not pencilled to be in the title match at Mania. Rousey is gone. Asuka has been buried.

So yeah, I would be pissed if I was Sasha or Bayley. They are miles ahead of the other tag teams and most of the singles competitors.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natalya clearly has a role, so she’ll be on TV when they need to put someone in a safe scenario. Natalya is reliable in the ring and obviously credible as an opponent but that credibility is eventually going to erode (if it hasn’t already) if she keeps losing. Meanwhile, Mickie is trying to get herself over as the Monday Night MILF.

With Sasha and Bayley, I’m still of the belief they’re more than okay in terms of being upset if they actually are upset. I don’t see it as irrational. Thing is, not everyone can be at the top and they were not resonating/clicking with the audience to its maximum when they were in their high tide moments. Definitely not as much as Becky was during the summer of last year. If there’s a failure to connect, they can’t entirely wipe their hands of the matter and say it’s all booking. They are at fault to some extent, as well.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 16th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post

She ain't gonna be back for a while then.
    As a wise person once said, congratulations on the sex.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to say it but Natalya is super overrated. Probably the most overrated female wrestler on the roster. She just goes through the motions. It's like watching Lance Storm's WWE run. Or a John Cena match from 2009. She has shown plenty of potential over the years and I feel like she was maybe in the wrong era for a long time, she probably should have been in TNA during the Gail Kim-Awesome Kong years and THEN make her way to the WWE around the time AJ Lee and Paige are mixing it up.

There was a point where she was left out of the stable wars that were going on and I thought they would have brought her in as a destroyer, fucking up everyone and winning the championship.

Beth Phoenix and Natalya as a tag-team though is great for Natalya. I hope they do more together because Beth Phoenix, arguably in the top 5 of the last 20 years for me.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nattie is not overrated, unless someone is rating her higher than the upper midcard of the ladies division. I don't think she just goes through the motions at all. She is a solid worker most of the time, but she's never been flashy. She can more than hold her own on the mic - but they never seem to give her or any of the ladies a decent storyline that is not about the chase for the title. She is not a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka, Naomi, Sasha, Mickie, nor Ember Moon when it comes to ring work. But she is better than an awful lot of the ladies on both rosters. She knows how to throw a forearm or a kick and make it look real. And you forget that her selling is better than all but a handful of the women's roster.

Your problem with her is more of a problem with the booking. She's been given garbage roles like being a valet to Khali and Hornswoggle, or the infamous farting gimmick. But she's also been used to try to help get a lot of newcomers over - and that hurts her credibility. She's taken more than her share of losses in tag matches where the goal of the match is to protect her tag partner, and get others over. At some point, losses matter, but I'd argue that she has built up enough credibility that she's been able to overcome a lot of this, and she still has value in doing this. Based on the booking, it didn't make sense for her to be challenging Becky for the title, but nobody really expected that anyway. We know she is being used to help build up Lacey Evans, so she will look more like a legit contender.

When you say she's super overrated, the most overrated female wrestler on the roster, it makes me think she's like Rey Misterio. She's been around a long time, and the crowd usually enjoys her matches even though we don't expect her to win anymore.

There's no doubt that she will be a HOF'er shortly after she retires.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Nattie is not overrated, unless someone is rating her higher than the upper midcard of the ladies division. I don't think she just goes through the motions at all. She is a solid worker most of the time, but she's never been flashy. She can more than hold her own on the mic - but they never seem to give her or any of the ladies a decent storyline that is not about the chase for the title. She is not a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka, Naomi, Sasha, Mickie, nor Ember Moon when it comes to ring work. But she is better than an awful lot of the ladies on both rosters. She knows how to throw a forearm or a kick and make it look real. And you forget that her selling is better than all but a handful of the women's roster.

Your problem with her is more of a problem with the booking. She's been given garbage roles like being a valet to Khali and Hornswoggle, or the infamous farting gimmick. But she's also been used to try to help get a lot of newcomers over - and that hurts her credibility. She's taken more than her share of losses in tag matches where the goal of the match is to protect her tag partner, and get others over. At some point, losses matter, but I'd argue that she has built up enough credibility that she's been able to overcome a lot of this, and she still has value in doing this. Based on the booking, it didn't make sense for her to be challenging Becky for the title, but nobody really expected that anyway. We know she is being used to help build up Lacey Evans, so she will look more like a legit contender.

When you say she's super overrated, the most overrated female wrestler on the roster, it makes me think she's like Rey Misterio. She's been around a long time, and the crowd usually enjoys her matches even though we don't expect her to win anymore.

There's no doubt that she will be a HOF'er shortly after she retires.
    My problem is both her in-ring work is super overrated and they don't give her much to do of worth. Hall of Fame? Sure I'd buy that. She's won the championship and been around 10+ years. People have done less for sure lol.

But I disagree. I do feel like she just goes through the motions. That's not saying she's dogshit in the ring. I'm saying she's average at best but there are a lot of wrestlers and fans who consider her one of the absolute best. I don't. It has nothing to do with her position on the card, at all. It has everything to do with her being gassed up as incredible because of the Hart affiliation. Again, she's not terrible, she's average.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    So, Sasha is done, right?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mandy needs to make the running knee her new finisher.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably the best thing she does.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    So, Sasha is done, right?
    Naw. I think she's just taking some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    It's probably the best thing she does.
    Definitely the best. I do like her double underhook finisher but that was also one of Awesome Kong's finishers so when I see little Mandy doing it I'm like, meh, still cool but not AS cool.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy should absolutely suck, but she doesn't. She's learned so much in such a little amount of time. Love her.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Mandy should absolutely suck, but she doesn't. She's learned so much in such a little amount of time. Love her.
    Yeah honestly it pisses me off as I do NOT like having my personal stereotypes challenged.

Mandy is a hot blonde with big tits. She should fucking SUCK and never get any better. The fact that she keeps improving is forcing me to create a new mental category for women that look like her. So fuck her.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was rather blind sided by how legit emotional this really got. Punched me right in the heart.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah honestly it pisses me off as I do NOT like having my personal stereotypes challenged.

Mandy is a hot blonde with big tits. She should fucking SUCK and never get any better. The fact that she keeps improving is forcing me to create a new mental category for women that look like her. So fuck her.
    Mandy really gets it. I wasn't sure about her for a while, but after seeing her performance in the Royal Rumble, she won me over. Mandy's kind of what Eva Marie should have been, but she actually has the talent to pull it off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Mandy got into the business in the Eva Marie times, and she was even being labeled as the blonde Eva Marie. But where Eva failed (which was everwhere), Mandy has flourished. She knows how to sell, how to work a crowd, how to speak, how to play to the camera, how to cut a promo without coming off as fake, she has a moveset that fits her style, she has OOMF behind her offense, and she's actually in it to be a wrestler... not to be a model.

God, Eva was the absolute worst.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eva was incredibly hot though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Eva was incredibly hot though.
    She would have been like printing money in 2001.

2015 though. She was just out of her element.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was rather blind sided by how legit emotional this really got. Punched me right in the heart.
    The WWEPC channel is awesome. Also, I didn't even know those two were that great of friends, that's so heartwarming.

Also, to the Mandy talk, yeah she has definitely made tons of improvements. I think she still has a ways to go, but I see at least a few tag team title reigns in her future.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not in love with their ring work, but holy shit these women are funny in these (likely) unscripted promos. Also, Peyton trying not to break character and laughing at the end and Billie's "you gotta be JOKING!" had me rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47D1CcFXRY

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billie has it down lol. And I love how in every segment like this Peyton is always doing her best not to smile or laugh.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I'm not in love with their ring work, but holy shit these women are funny in these (likely) unscripted promos. Also, Peyton trying not to break character and laughing at the end and Billie's "you gotta be JOKING!" had me rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47D1CcFXRY
    Billie has it down lol. And I love how in every segment like this Peyton is always doing her best not to smile or laugh.
    This is why I was totally fine with putting the tag straps on them. They don't just need a bunch of great workers in the division they also need some characters, some personalities. The Iconics are stars in the making based on personality alone and this is a great way to highlight them.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIconics may be sorely lacking in the ring but they're fucking GOLD otherwise. Totally deserving champs. Wrestling's as much about personalities/characters as it is ring skills.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling's as much about personalities/characters as it is ring skills.
    This is something that cannot be stressed enough because it feels like the whole industry is forgetting it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neville is living proof of that. He had everything a pro wrestler could want athletically, but it was only until he grew his heel character where he really started to become something special. Gosh, I miss that bloke.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neville is living proof of that. He had everything a pro wrestler could want athletically, but it was only until he grew his heel character where he really started to become something special. Gosh, I miss that bloke.
    It's a complete 180 from the attitude era. That's where we are. The guy that can work his ass off is now a dime a dozen while the interesting character and the good promo has become the highly prized commodity.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main page says the potential plan for WM36 is Becky v Charlotte. Has this not been done to death? Starting to get a bit sick of Charlotte being rammed down our throats Roman Reigns style.

They need to actually build back up the likes of Asuka, Bayley etc

Also, if Sasha Banks sits out her contract at home can she legally challenge the fact that it is frozen?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, this company is in dire need of fresh, big matches. Becky and Charlotte AGAIN, nah.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Also, if Sasha Banks sits out her contract at home can she legally challenge the fact that it is frozen?
    She can, but she may not win. She is presumably being paid her downside guarantee even if they aren't using her. She could probably try to challenge the independent contractor status

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the same. She'd have to be willing to spend some money for a decent legal team, but I wonder how public WWE would to want make the fight on exclusivity for "independent contractors".

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m making a bold prediction right here. For posterity’s sake.

The Sasha Banks thing is a work or it’ll be resolved if it isn’t. And Sasha will come back hot and as a heel and we’ll get Sasha/Becky for the Unified Women’s Championship in the main event at SummerSlam. It’ll be the hottest feud of the summer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley sent out some odd tweets on Monday that just said "no". They got allot of comments with people wondering what she was referring to. Even Kevin Nash chimed in. A few people speculated it was because the women's segments have been significantly cut and they're wrestling short matches with jobbers. Yesterday Bayley posted "Then you came and showed me how". No idea why she's being so cryptic.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Bayley sent out some odd tweets on Monday that just said "no". They got allot of comments with people wondering what she was referring to. Even Kevin Nash chimed in. A few people speculated it was because the women's segments have been significantly cut and they're wrestling short matches with jobbers. Yesterday Bayley posted "Then you came and showed me how". No idea why she's being so cryptic.
    There was a lot of back and forth with Becky I believe, so maybe they are setting something up between them eventually?

Also, the tweet (retweet? Idk... I rarely use Twitter) Bayley just sent out a few hours ago is adorable.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley just screams like someone who could benefit from a direction like Becky Lynch. Bayley coming out and talking about how ever since she's been on the main roster it's been hit or miss. That the powers that be knew what they had and dropped the ball for others that looked like everyone else.

Fuck, I would even have her say that it must be due to being a woman. Cue Stephanie, and Bayley can point out how the Authority has never backed a female unless it was her husband's idol's daughter. Idk. She doesn't need to turn heel, she just needs a little edge and her pointing out that she feels slighted while being constantly touted as one of the best....It could do her some good becuase I think a lot of fans feel that the WWE have more often than not dropped the ball with Bayley.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Bayley just screams like someone who could benefit from a direction like Becky Lynch. Bayley coming out and talking about how ever since she's been on the main roster it's been hit or miss. That the powers that be knew what they had and dropped the ball for others that looked like everyone else.

Fuck, I would even have her say that it must be due to being a woman. Cue Stephanie, and Bayley can point out how the Authority has never backed a female unless it was her husband's idol's daughter. Idk. She doesn't need to turn heel, she just needs a little edge and her pointing out that she feels slighted while being constantly touted as one of the best....It could do her some good becuase I think a lot of fans feel that the WWE have more often than not dropped the ball with Bayley.
    That would be great. I think Bayley is going to really benefit from being on SD!, and as much as I love her pairing with Sasha, unless she and Sasha are feuding, I think time away from Sasha will also do her a lot of good.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has it suddenly become super cool to hate on Becky Lynch in the comments on Rajah? Lots of "she's not even popular" comments.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where? It's been pretty slow here lately.

Edit: I did a quick search out of curiosity, and found this. I don't know if I buy it though.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe.../#5e4005703e3b
    Last edited by Sasori; May 13th, 2019 at 2:09 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about a drop in popularity but the article's otherwise right in that her reign has been pretty underwhelming so far and she's in danger of being overexposed. You can put that down to a lack of credible opponents because they've built the Women's Division around the same people and the others are below that glass ceiling.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I don't know about a drop in popularity but the article's otherwise right in that her reign has been pretty underwhelming so far and she's in danger of being overexposed. You can put that down to a lack of credible opponents because they've built the Women's Division around the same people and the others are below that glass ceiling.
    Would totally agree. Her pops are still massive, people are chanting Becky Two Belts, and singing her theme song over her promos... if that's a drop in popularity, then I must be watching a different show.

While I'm still unsure about Lacey Evans, the crowd seems to want Becky to shut her up. But, oh man, could they not do Charlotte vs Becky for a while after this... they always put on great matches, but I'd really like to see her feud with someone not named Charlotte.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has it suddenly become super cool to hate on Becky Lynch in the comments on Rajah? Lots of "she's not even popular" comments.
    Because this is what happens anytime someone gets to the top. I think a lot of us were curious if she was going to peak at Mania and then everything after wouldn't feel as big. We had the shit finish to the triple threat and not to mention, why the fuck was it a triple threat? Charlotte being added, imo, took a lot of steam out of that build. They (WWE) just couldn't let Becky have her moment without needing to include Charlotte so they can go "Charlotte Flair, also in the first ever women's main event of Mania!"

And right now you have the same old shit on Smackdown with Charlotte, a new new face at Raw but thankfully Lacey is very good at what she brings to the table. But they're not Ronda Rousey. And maybe that's what people are seeing, that since she's not feuding with a crossover star and not getting the big buzz, that her popularity is dropping or some shit idk.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's zero suspense and intrigue with Lacey. She's getting a Jinder Mahal-like push going from nothing to feuding with the champ. Everyone knows she's not beating Becky unless the company have flipped their heads. She was okay in NXT and the Mae Young Classic but nothing special and they give her a punch as a finisher. It made sense with Big Show because you know he's.....well big but Lacey is hardly physically imposing. Hopefully Becky's reign picks up when the Lacey shit's out of the way

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's zero suspense and intrigue with Lacey. She's getting a Jinder Mahal-like push going from nothing to feuding with the champ. Everyone knows she's not beating Becky unless the company have flipped their heads. She was okay in NXT and the Mae Young Classic but nothing special and they give her a punch as a finisher. It made sense with Big Show because you know he's.....well big but Lacey is hardly physically imposing. Hopefully Becky's reign picks up when the Lacey shit's out of the way
    Jinder was a well-recognized jobber and suddenly came into the title picture after winning a six-pack challenge. We can presume the main roster is working under the impression it’s likely their audience isn’t aware of NXT in a lot of regards. So if that’s the case, you’d like to make this person matter in their first real run. Squashes, personality, TV time...anything out of that bunch is going to help. They certainly did the last two but ran it into the ground. I could very well see an instance where Lacey wins the title. In terms of imposing, have you seen her arms and shoulders? She’s not skipping those days at the gym. And just because Big Show is visually imposing doesn’t mean a middleweight boxer can’t knock someone the hell out. She’s obviously not a boxer but the notion only visually imposing people are capable of knocking people out and making it look impressive is not a wise one.

All that being said, I have major questions about her ability to carry a match and a division. What she’s done in the last 2-3 weeks have shown some signs of optimism though.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 13th, 2019 at 2:13 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10000% disagree about the Jinder comparison. Lacey isn't some grade A jobber who was positioned to be a main eventer to sell a billion people who don't give a fuck about wrestling to suddenly give a fuck because one of their "own" is the World champion.

No suspense or intrigue? I think there is in the sense that Becky is now defending BOTH belts on the same show, 1 against a brand new person who the company obviously has gigantic plans for or her first feud wouldn't be against the Champ Champ. So the suspense is, is Lacey going to do the "impossible?" Is Becky going to be able to hold on to BOTH or at least ONE of her belts?

And Lacey to a lot of people is still an unknown. Probably don't know her work on NXT or the MYC, about 20% of Raw and Smackdown watch NXT, maybe 30% if the numbers are legit.

It's smart on the WWE's part because Lacey can go in the ring, she's on point with her character, and she's getting a huge rub. I agree 1000000000% her finisher is dumb as fuck. "The Woman's Right" has a nice ring to it but I wish it wasn't a punch. I get it, but it's just dumb especially when as you said she's not exactly a big imposing figure.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not exactly the same as Jinder no, but similar in the sense that she's been hotshotted to a main-event feud without really earning it. It's too fast and all she did was walk out randomly during matches then going away again There's no way they'll let Lacey take one of the belts when she's just been put on the main roster after Becky's Mania win unless they've completely lost their heads.

If she went after Bayley for example to build her up and introduce her properly, that I could understand it,

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not exactly the same as Jinder no, but similar in the sense that she's been hotshotted to a main-event feud without really earning it. It's too fast and all she did was walk out randomly during matches then going away again There's no way they'll let Lacey take one of the belts when she's just been put on the main roster after Becky's Mania win unless they've completely lost their heads.

If she went after Bayley for example to build her up and introduce her properly, that I could understand it,
    They had Paige come up on her first night and beat not just the most over female, but one of the most over talents on the entire roster with 1 move in about 12 seconds. It's not like Paige was some big household name on NXT back when even less people watched that show on Hulu.

They don't pride the women's division like they do the men so it's not completely out of the box for them to hotshot a talent like Lacey Evans this way. I'm not negative toward it because she's delivering. For those of us who know her before the main roster call up, we know she is a good wrestler, probably better than Becky to be honest because Becky's not exactly Asuka. She's barely Dana Brooke.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had Paige come up on her first night and beat not just the most over female, but one of the most over talents on the entire roster with 1 move in about 12 seconds. It's not like Paige was some big household name on NXT back when even less people watched that show on Hulu.

They don't pride the women's division like they do the men so it's not completely out of the box for them to hotshot a talent like Lacey Evans this way. I'm not negative toward it because she's delivering. For those of us who know her before the main roster call up, we know she is a good wrestler, probably better than Becky to be honest because Becky's not exactly Asuka. She's barely Dana Brooke.
    I get your point, but Lacey wasn't an OMG talent in NXT either. She wasn't amazing nor horrible, she was just there. It's random as fuck.

Barely Dana Brooke is a bit harsh. Becky was over as the fighting underdog and brings emotion to her matches even if she's not a trchnical wizard in the ring.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get your point, but Lacey wasn't an OMG talent in NXT either. She wasn't amazing nor horrible, she was just there. It's random as fuck.

Barely Dana Brooke is a bit harsh. Becky was over as the fighting underdog and brings emotion to her matches even if she's not a trchnical wizard in the ring.
    I think most of us saw something special in Lacey from the jump. And she was booked pretty well in NXT. Paige had the benefit of being in NXT when nobody was really there.

The DB comparison was purely from a technical aspect. Becky Lynch is very average in the ring. And this all kind of ties in together because we're finding that being able to go in the ring is only half of what matters, a small half lol. It's kind of nice to see Becky up against new blood, even if they haven't "earned it".

Find me someone on the Raw roster right now that you'd rather see Becky mix it up with. I can't think of a single person that stands out, MAYBE Naomi. We know the WWE don't give a shit about Naomi unless it's February.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy that the fans are bailing on Becky, but I can see WWE losing interest in her. If it wasn't for Ronda, I doubt they'd have put the women in the main event. Now that she's gone, there's no incentive for them to push her or the division as a whole.

Considering Alexa has that knock out elbow, Lacey having a knock out punch is slightly more believable. I haven't seen Lacey wrestle in NXT, but I thought her punch was a set up move just like Alexa's elbow. Roman has hardly ever won a match with his superman punch. It's just to stagger his opponent and set up for the spear.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy that the fans are bailing on Becky, but I can see WWE losing interest in her. If it wasn't for Ronda, I doubt they'd have put the women in the main event. Now that she's gone, there's no incentive for them to push her or the division as a whole.

Considering Alexa has that knock out elbow, Lacey having a knock out punch is slightly more believable. I haven't seen Lacey wrestle in NXT, but I thought her punch was a set up move just like Alexa's elbow. Roman has hardly ever won a match with his superman punch. It's just to stagger his opponent and set up for the spear.
    Misread Alexa for Asuka.
    Last edited by Badger; May 13th, 2019 at 4:44 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of us saw something special in Lacey from the jump. And she was booked pretty well in NXT. Paige had the benefit of being in NXT when nobody was really there.

The DB comparison was purely from a technical aspect. Becky Lynch is very average in the ring. And this all kind of ties in together because we're finding that being able to go in the ring is only half of what matters, a small half lol. It's kind of nice to see Becky up against new blood, even if they haven't "earned it".

Find me someone on the Raw roster right now that you'd rather see Becky mix it up with. I can't think of a single person that stands out, MAYBE Naomi. We know the WWE don't give a shit about Naomi unless it's February.
    The Raw women's roster suffer from that glass ceiling I mentioned earlier so you're right in that regard that there's not many credible who can challenge. As far as Lacey goes, I won't speak for everyone, but I didn't see anything special in Lacey. As a matter of fact, I was surprised she got called up this early when there was more talented women on that roster.

For example, Shayna's still on NXT and she's amazing. Her being called up and challenging Becky right off the bat would have been more believable because she's a killer and they could have hyped her with videos of her NXT work.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Raw women's roster suffer from that glass ceiling I mentioned earlier so you're right in that regard that there's not many credible who can challenge. As far as Lacey goes, I won't speak for everyone, but I didn't see anything special in Lacey. As a matter of fact, I was surprised she got called up this early when there was more talented women on that roster.

For example, Shayna's still on NXT and she's amazing. Her being called up and challenging Becky right off the bat would have been more believable because she's a killer and they could have hyped her with videos of her NXT work.
    Lacey's tall, muscular, and blonde. She's in the same mold as Charlotte from a visual standpoint. Of course she was going to get called up sooner rather than later. Being able to talk is just the icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacey's tall, muscular, and blonde. She's in the same mold as Charlotte from a visual standpoint. Of course she was going to get called up sooner rather than later. Being able to talk is just the icing on the cake.
    Granted she has got the look and like I say she's not bad. The build for her has been a bit strange though. Very Emmalina-like.

When she loses to Becky though, what does that do for her intrigue? I still think it's a mistake having her start out at the top when the casual fan who follows NXT hasn't seen what she can do in the ring?
    Last edited by Badger; May 13th, 2019 at 4:38 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a devastating striker is Asuka's shtick though so it is more believable IMO she has a knock-out finisher over Lacey.
    He said ALEXA not Asuka

I was a little surprised as well because I thought maybe they'd want to put the gold on her beforehand but everything about her screamed main roster. So I can agree that from your point of view it seems like maybe having someone like Shayna come in and for example, try to get that win back for Ronda even furthering a potential singles match with Becky and Ronda (FINALLY) would have been cool. But Shayna is missing a couple things. 1 is her promos are whack. 2 is that I would bet the farm that Vince looks @ a 40 year old Shayna Baszler and has zero interest in bringing her up to the main roster any time soon regardless of who she's beaten and what she's done.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said ALEXA not Asuka

I was a little surprised as well because I thought maybe they'd want to put the gold on her beforehand but everything about her screamed main roster. So I can agree that from your point of view it seems like maybe having someone like Shayna come in and for example, try to get that win back for Ronda even furthering a potential singles match with Becky and Ronda (FINALLY) would have been cool. But Shayna is missing a couple things. 1 is her promos are whack. 2 is that I would bet the farm that Vince looks @ a 40 year old Shayna Baszler and has zero interest in bringing her up to the main roster any time soon regardless of who she's beaten and what she's done.
    Ah fair enough misread the Alexa part. Silly me. I was used to the DDT being Alexa's finisher and forgot she had a knock-out elbow too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah fair enough misread the Alexa part. Silly me. I was used to the DDT being Alexa's finisher and forgot she had a knock-out elbow too.
    How about Nikki Bella's knockout elbow?

But Alexa throwing a strike as a finisher would be like if James Ellsworth used the Woman's Right as a finisher. I just don't see how they think that Bliss KO is believable, at all.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I don't think Shayna's bad on the mic, her promos are believable enough. I'm more interested in an older Shayna getting the win back for Ronda than a Charlotte clone who can talk good challenge Becky right away but Vince likes them blondes.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Alexa throwing a strike as a finisher would be like if James Ellsworth used the Woman's Right as a finisher. I just don't see how they think that Bliss KO is believable, at all.
    Nikki's well-built though so I can believe that more. Brie's just a stick to the point it's almost hard to believe they're twins lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a bit confused why you brought Asuka into this, lol.

Nikki's well-built though so I can believe that more. Brie's just a stick to the point it's almost hard to believe they're twins lol.
    Don't forget that Brie, the worst of the worst, has the only legit knockout strike

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stomp City

Good thing Liv is a big coke head

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it wrong that I'm slightly attracted to Liv since the Riott Squad formed? Must be the tongue.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv's super cute.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is. I'd protect her w/ my life.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see I'm not alone innthe thought.

I think Elias and the Riott squad should interact more. They've been together in a couple of segments and they have good chemistry. They should be his full time back-up singers.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish I could say the same, but if a bear was chasing us, I'd trip her so she gets eaten and I can make my escape.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give her a piggyback so I get rewarded with the blue tongue later.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv's cute until she talks. Then she sounds like Mike Myers doing the Jewish coffee talk lady lol.

Side note: Sarah Logan, easily the least exciting female on the main roster. I would actually rather watch Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke main event every ppv than see Sarah Logan.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv's cute until she talks. Then she sounds like Mike Myers doing the Jewish coffee talk lady lol.

Side note: Sarah Logan, easily the least exciting female on the main roster. I would actually rather watch Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke main event every ppv than see Sarah Logan.
    She can talk like Christian Bale Batman for all I care.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She can talk like Christian Bale Batman for all I care.
    It'll totally fuck up the mood when she starts moaning like Bale when Bane snapped him in half.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaaa excelkent!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaaa excelkent!
    Excel Kent is even better PowerPoint Wayne.

I think Shayna needs to be called up. She's one of the best true heels (not heel character, but I also get a lot of cheers types) they've had in NXT. Her entourage sets her up even better, and makes a champion's chase believable.

Given the Rousey match, she'd actually have a legit reason to start a feud with Becky. I hope she costs Becky the match with Charlotte and shows up on RAW the next night.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Excel Kent is even better PowerPoint Wayne.

I think Shayna needs to be called up. She's one of the best true heels (not heel character, but I also get a lot of cheers types) they've had in NXT. Her entourage sets her up even better, and makes a champion's chase believable.

Given the Rousey match, she'd actually have a legit reason to start a feud with Becky. I hope she costs Becky the match with Charlotte and shows up on RAW the next night.
    My typo there was spreadshit.

And yeah totally agree on Shayna.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's Sasha Banks the boss of?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What's Sasha Banks the boss of?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how people are trippin about Lars Sullivan's posts from 100 years ago and he's now been "fined" $100,000 and has to take classes? Check out this Smackdown spoiler and tell me this isn't some racist shit:

*Read at your own risk*

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, that's really bad

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I preferred sky pirates

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without going into super detail even though it's not exactly anything that would be an issue if people knew but still.....If you're so fucking out of touch with not just what's in the pro wrestling bubble but the rest of the world. But it's par for the course with these particular wrestlers.

- - - Updated - - -

I preferred sky pirates
    Well dude you pretty much are making it hard to keep this under wraps lol because I have to point out you're thinking of the wrong pairing.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how people are trippin about Lars Sullivan's posts from 100 years ago and he's now been "fined" $100,000 and has to take classes? Check out this Smackdown spoiler and tell me this isn't some racist shit:

*Read at your own risk*

What the Mcfuck?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Without going into super detail even though it's not exactly anything that would be an issue if people knew but still.....If you're so fucking out of touch with not just what's in the pro wrestling bubble but the rest of the world. But it's par for the course with these particular wrestlers.

- - - Updated - - -

Well dude you pretty much are making it hard to keep this under wraps lol because I have to point out you're thinking of the wrong pairing.
    I haven't watched Smackdown in weeks so I probably am.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean....Vince probably hates Triple H more than he hated Bischoff lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't watched Smackdown in weeks so I probably am.
    Well, the team you're talking about only existed in NXT and one of them isn't on the main roster yet.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just know of Kairi Sane to be honest and that she had a tag team partner and that she's a pirate. And that her theme is my favorite.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka deserves better than this. Much better.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

Also, the mashup of their themes is a musical nightmare. Like, they literally modulate a fucking tritone I believe, from B to F.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd have your work cut out for you defending her from errant Brie Bella kicks and deranged stripper poles.

Good to see I'm not alone innthe thought.

I think Elias and the Riott squad should interact more. They've been together in a couple of segments and they have good chemistry. They should be his full time back-up singers.
    Pretty sure the Riott Squad are done. Liv's on Smackdown and we haven't seen much of Ruby or Sarah. Liv and Elias could be a good pairing though.

*Read at your own risk*

Someone confused Noh with Kabuki, lol. Here's an idea. Maybe they could have asked the women for ideas on what their tag name should be. Kairi is supposed to be the Pirate Princess while Asuka is the Empress. They couldn't come up with a royalty themed name? Royal Pirates?

Personally, I've been calling them "Team Scream" because, well, they scream allot.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kabuki Warriors is a video game and Asuka used to write for gaming mags I believe. Maybe it's her idea?

At any rate I'm not sure I get the horribleness of the word Kabuki. Not from Wikipedia anyway.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could also be more of their stereotypical lol humours like Viking Raiders/Experience because they didn't want to mention the War.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the mashup of their themes is a musical nightmare. Like, they literally modulate a fucking tritone I believe, from B to F.

I really don't understand this sentence. But I completely love it.

We shouldn't assume that wrestlers aren't at all involved in bad ideas. Yes, Vince wanted to call Mankind "Mason the Mutilator", but Bryan Danielson pitched the name "Buddy Peacock" for himself.

But yes, "Kabuki Warriors" probably came from higher up.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I really don't understand this sentence. But I completely love it.
    Basically, their themes have different tonal centers and it is jarring... no, almost offensive to my ears. They should just come out to Asuka's theme. As much as I like Kairi's, too, Asuka has one of the best themes in WWE right now.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was apprehensive about a women's tag division before mainly due to the lack of depth but now it's even more fucked when the cornerstone tag team (Sasha/Bayley) is now no more and the teams are either too new or just thrown together. I think they were just better off as they were just having tag matches to promote ongoing feuds rather than making a whole division about it.

Going further that, the Women's Revolution concept for equality in general was a good idea in theory but it's been very poorly executed.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the IIconics antics, but they're doing nothing with those belts. At least put them on Mandy & Sonya or the Kabuki Warriors so their feud has more on the line.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 months in and a small group of fans can't believe it's not the top championship in the company?

I guess I don't see the issue. There are not "cornerstone" tag-teams. The division has been around a little over 3 months. Give it some time you impatient children

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surpised if Mandy and Sonya are still together much longer. Mandy will probably be pushed as the Shawn Michaels to Sonya's Marty Jannetty.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 months in and a small group of fans can't believe it's not the top championship in the company?

I guess I don't see the issue. There are not "cornerstone" tag-teams. The division has been around a little over 3 months. Give it some time you impatient children
    Sasha and Bayley were too big names who helped kickstart it all. It did take a hit Plus I'm a cynical old fuck rather than an impatient child looking at how stop and start with the men's tag division. If they dedicated time to it sure but my cynicism remains intact for now.