Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Bale is unreal.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched 'Eighth Grade'. Very good. Nice, simple, relatable snapshot of what it's like. Elsie Fisher was terrific.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The House - not terrible. It definitely wasn't one of Ferrell's best movies but it had just enough of Jason Mantzoukas' ridiculousness to make me laugh more often than not. It's not one of the movies you have to watch but it was a perfect mindless comedy on HBO on a lazy Saturday night.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Really wanted to watch the newer Batman films and decided to watch the older ones first. Not the Adam West one, starting with Michael Keaton. First one is decent, but hasn't aged too well, 2nd one I really enjoyed, but can't say I particularly enjoyed Batman Forever. I've heard Batman & Robin is probably the weakest. Not seen it yet. I should probably have started with Batman Begins.

We watched Titanic at the weekend, as it was my wife's birthday and she wanted to watch it. I had seen it once before, back in 2005. Very specific of me that. Anyway, I really, really like it. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the roles of Rose and Jack. They were so perfect in that film were Winslet and DiCaprio. And Billy Zane was bloody good too.

Don't see many modern films.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Titanic is a wonderful film. Whenever I see it in the TV listings I turn to it

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched 2 movies this week. Skyscraper with The Rock and Distorted with Christina Ricci. Skyscraper was very good. I wish I had gone to the theater to see it as it definitely felt like a movie specifically made to enjoy on the big screen.

Distorted was cool. I like Christina Ricci. It also has Brendan Fletcher who is in a shit ton of B-horror movies and mainly known for playing Mark in Freddy v. Jason. John Cusack is also in it.

I would definitely rent both of them if I were you guys.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched Titanic in forever. I probably should. It's definitely a good flick, I'm curious what I will think of it on re-watch... whether it will bore me or have me welling up like a lil bitch. I love Leo so I think I'd enjoy a re-watch.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen it once or twice and I'm not a fan. Definitely didn't make me well up in the slightest.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I didn't well up, but it was sad. And very sweet in parts.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Eyez On Me

I thought this was pretty damn good so I'm not sure why it got such piss poor reviews. Definitely a must watch for any Tupac fan. And when I compare it to Straight Outta Compton I think they were of about equal quality which again makes me wonder why this was so panned and SOC was so revered. Neither is some monumental biopic of the highest quality of writing but they are both enjoyable stories with solid casting where we can excuse some of the simplified dialogue. Maybe SOC was so well received because it had living members Dr. Dre (billionaire trendsetter guy) and Ice Cube (successful Hollywood producer/actor guy) hyping it up. Idk. But yea, this was well done.

7/10

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chef - 8/10.

Very much enjoyed this. Great father/son story and I like John Leguizamo in a somewhat serious role. I thought this was very well done and was good, light fare unlike Burnt (which is also outstanding.) Beginning to end I thought it was great and had just enough humor to make me laugh at times while also getting serious when it needed to. Plus the food looked amazing and it made me want to work in a food truck.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hard to watch Chef and not want to go and make the most badass sandwich possible in your kitchen.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago I was in Florida and ended up getting a Cubano sandwich for the first time. Amazing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tag - 8/10.

Laughed my ass off from beginning to end. Didn't care for Ed Helms because he's not funny in anything but Jon Hamm, Hannibal Burress, Jake Johnson, Isla Fisher, and Jeremy Renner were beyond funny. Lots of quips and one liners that are easily missed because of how quick some of the jokes come but well worth watching. I expected it to be very funny and it exceeded my expectations. Kind of cool that it's inspired by a true story and neat that the end credits had some of the real people tagging each other.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Ant-Man & The Wasp a couple days ago. Super fun time. Nothing that's gonna change your life but an enjoyable light-hearted superhero romp.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Mile 22 last night. There was a lot going on but if you're into that smash and crash Fast and the Furious type movie, this is right up your alley.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A Quiet Place was certainly interesting, but

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally saw "Lady Bird" after hearing a lot about it. I really enjoyed it Well acted, believable characters who seemed like people I have known.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Finally saw "Lady Bird" after hearing a lot about it. I really enjoyed it Well acted, believable characters who seemed like people I have known.
    I was sitting here hearing that name and it dawned on me....the dog from King of the Hill=Lady Bird.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Post

This was good but the first half was slow. The cast was stellar, the story was interesting and the lead up to the climax with Streep's character's decision about whether or not to publish had me very invested. My issue was with the dialogue. It was very wordy, especially as I said in the first half. It felt like the writers are big Aaron Sorkin fans. It had that feel of very fast paced dialogue except it just wasn't interesting enough in the first act or two. Sorkin is good at dialing back his dialogue when he pens movie scripts. This movie felt like it was trying to be Sorkin but landed closer to TV Sorkin where he indulges too much and everyone is talking too fast for the viewer to keep up.

Still a good movie.

7.5/10

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh shit I almost forgot. the final scene was really weird. this doesn't really spoil anything but after the climax, there was a perfect ending point with Hanks and Streep walking away chit chatting. then it cuts to a jarring scene about Watergate before the credits roll with basically no context. maybe someone can tell me what the vietnam story has to do with watergate but even if there's a direct connection, it was still just a really weird cut scene to end the movie on. strange move by Spielberg. left me scratching my head about why that needed to be included.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cell was just awful. It started out excellent but fell apart. John cue sack and Samuel l Jackson are awesome sad to see them in this

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Might As Well Be Donald View Post
    A Quiet Place was certainly interesting, but

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    oh shit I almost forgot. the final scene was really weird. this doesn't really spoil anything but after the climax, there was a perfect ending point with Hanks and Streep walking away chit chatting. then it cuts to a jarring scene about Watergate before the credits roll with basically no context. maybe someone can tell me what the vietnam story has to do with watergate but even if there's a direct connection, it was still just a really weird cut scene to end the movie on. strange move by Spielberg. left me scratching my head about why that needed to be included.
    it's a film about the washington post and you ask how watergate may relate...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    it's a film about the washington post and you ask how watergate may relate...
    Yea. I get that the post went on to be intricately involved in another scandal but I don’t see the connection between their Vietnam reporting and their watergate reporting. If you’ve seen the movie... it just felt like an odd way to end it. Not that I think there will be a sequel but it was sort of like the equivalent of how they end a Marvel movie: “The Washington Post will return.... in Watergate.”

Maybe text titles would have been more appropriate. They basically had a nice fade out with our two lead characters then abruptly cut to the Watergate break in while playing the Jaws music before going to credits. If that didn’t strike anyone else as an odd ending, fair enough.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Yea. I get that the post went on to be intricately involved in another scandal but I don’t see the connection between their Vietnam reporting and their watergate reporting. If you’ve seen the movie... it just felt like an odd way to end it. Not that I think there will be a sequel but it was sort of like the equivalent of how they end a Marvel movie: “The Washington Post will return.... in Watergate.”

Maybe text titles would have been more appropriate. They basically had a nice fade out with our two lead characters then abruptly cut to the Watergate break in while playing the Jaws music before going to credits. If that didn’t strike anyone else as an odd ending, fair enough.
    there was a sequel. it's called all the presidents men.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Upgrade last night. I love low budget action films. Great fight sequences in this one.

It was good. Until the ending. I really hate when a movie comes to its end and instead of feeling like an intended conclusion that was planned from the start you get something that you just know was done in rewrites when someone in the room said "Wait! What if...now hear me out..."

So yeah. Meh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone watched fantastic beasts? Am I missing something, or does it not make sense?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    Has anyone watched fantastic beasts? Am I missing something, or does it not make sense?
    The second one has a lot less to do with the book

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even sure what book you're referring to?

Have you seen the film?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bohemian Rhapsody:

I didn't care for it, it lacked personality and came off as more of a made for TV movie. I like Malik but something just didn't do it for me in this movie, I don't know it just seemed like a really good Halloween costume more than it felt like Mercury. I'm curious as to what Sasha Baron Cohen would of done.

Score 5/10

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justice League: 4/10. Didn't really care for it outside of Flash, Aqua Man, and Wonder Woman. Batman, Super Man, Cyborg were terrible I thought. The plot wasn't too bad but the movie just didn't deliver. Like a lot of the criticisms I've read about the movie, I too thought this is what happens when you immediately try to go to an Avengers-level super hero flick.

The Meg: 6/10. My wife enjoyed it more than I did but it was just too different from the book to be enjoyed by anybody that has read it. I did give it bonus points for keeping it cheesy and campy because a movie about a 75 foot long shark is nothing if it's not cheesy and campy. The special effects weren't great either, which was disappointing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan: It was good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Widows - 7/10 = Didn't know what it wanted to be. Part caper, part heist, part drama, part socially/politically charged movie. Tried to cover off too much at once and ended up being quite corny in parts, bordering on Fast and Furious levels of nonsense (not just because Michelle Rodriguez was in it). Weirdly had a good portion of the audience laughing in parts that were meant to be deadly serious. It's good entertainment, but I think it thinks too highly of itself. Daniel Kaluuya was great, Neeson was utterly ridiculous, there were so many gaping holes in the plot, I'm pretty sure everyone is only rating this so highly because it's centred around and lead by 4 women.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    I'm not even sure what book you're referring to?

Have you seen the film?

Right so the theory I've heard and I'm going to buy for the time being.

Overall quite a lot of errors/issues with the movie in the whole Harry Potter lore.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Crazy Rich Asians was really fun. Enjoyed it a lot.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son called that flick Crazy Rich HOT Asians, and I concur. It was worth seeing in the theater this past summer, and again on RedBox

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Right so the theory I've heard and I'm going to buy for the time being.

Overall quite a lot of errors/issues with the movie in the whole Harry Potter lore.
    Not a fan of that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ready Player One - 8/10. Very much enjoyed it. Very cool movie and the way they shot the Oasis scenes was pretty cool. I liked how it went back and forth from "reality" to the Oasis pretty seamlessly.

Life Itself - 5/10. Didn't care for it. My wife watches This Is Us and the movie was written and directed by the writer/creator of the show. The first 10 minutes was the best part and then it went downhill quick. Same idea as the show, lots of interconnected stories and whatnot. I'll give credit to Oscar Isaac though, he did great. There was a "twist" at the end that we saw coming from miles away.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Bad Times at the El Royale.

Really good. The douchy played out Billy Lee character was getting on my last nerve for a bit until my girl shut his ass down at the end. Beautiful.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw The Commuter and I really enjoyed it. Something about Liam Neeson, can't seem to think any of his movies are bad.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Molly's Game - 9/10. Wow, what a movie. Great writing, not that I expected anything less given Aaron Sorkin wrote it. Good turn for him sitting in the director's chair for the first time. Idris Elba was great, Jessica Chastain was fantastic as always. Superbly acted from start to finish. I think I read that Elba and Chastain only had like 3 days to shoot all their scenes together or something like that, which is impressive if true. I liked how a lot of it was done through flashbacks instead of just going from point A to point B in chronological order. One of the few movies I've seen that was as good, possibly even better, than the book. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend reading the book first if only so you'll know who people are supposed to be, as she does name some names. Michael Cera plays a character who is supposed to be a very well-known actor. Awesome movie worth watching.

Galveston - 1/10. Woof. Awful movie. I usually enjoy Ben Foster movies, and the grittier the better. This had a good idea: dying hit man is upset he was targeted for death by his employer. Just didn't deliver. It was actually so bad I had to shut it off halfway through.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atomic Blonde- 7.5/10, good flick. The 80s soundtrack and stylistic cinematography played well with each other - it was all very cool looking/sounding. Typical "who's the bad guy?" double agent spy script with plot twists, and it didn't overstay its welcome at under 2 hours. The fight scenes and shoot outs were well done. Charlize Theron and James McAvoy were both solid. Recommended.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Glass - McAvoy is great and really makes this film enjoyable. I have seen it has been getting harsh reviews which i guess is because of the ending. Which is a bit predictable and the ending sort of drags on. I still.enjoyed it though despite it being the weakest of the three movies. 7/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my 7 year old daughter's request we saw the new Spider-Man animated movie yesterday. Just as good as everyone said it was going to be, soundtrack is on point (That's why she mainly wanted to go due to the Sunflower song lol). Overall though it was awesome, showed IMHO that Marvel can smash animated movies as well as they can the live action. So I hope we see MORE of this animated stuff on the big screen in this form.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You For Your Service - 5/10. Not great but not terrible. Kind of tough to watch in some spots only because you know how true it is that soldiers coming back from war have a tough time adjusting to regular life. Miles Teller did a passable job.

Super Troopers 2 - 2/10. Not very good and not worth waiting for. Emmanuelle Chriqui is a dime though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm off to see Fighting With My Family tonight. It's great that Nick Frost is in it. Love that guy

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to see what you think. I'm not optimistic about it myself.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was really good. Very funny movie. It was weird seeing wrestling action on a big screen. The audience I saw it with loved it too, stand up applause at the end. Well recommend this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting surprisingly good reviews and is currently at 80% on rotten tomatoes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just shows that despite how fucking huge of a name The Rock is, he is still a fan. I remember when Kevin Owens was still in ROH The Rock was singing his praises on Twitter. Now for him to want to make a movie about Paige....Wild.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It just shows that despite how fucking huge of a name The Rock is, he is still a fan. I remember when Kevin Owens was still in ROH The Rock was singing his praises on Twitter. Now for him to want to make a movie about Paige....Wild.
    I feel when he first left WWE for Hollywood, he tried to distance himself from the wrestling world, and now he's fully embracing it and I love it. I hope Rock comes back for a WWE cameo soon. I miss him.

Also definitely go see this, it's a must see for any wrestling fan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I feel when he first left WWE for Hollywood, he tried to distance himself from the wrestling world, and now he's fully embracing it and I love it. I hope Rock comes back for a WWE cameo soon. I miss him.

Also definitely go see this, it's a must see for any wrestling fan.
    I'm excited to see Vince Vaughn. Feels like he hasn't done anything for a while. Not like he has to but the last movie I remember seeing him in was the one with Owen Wilson, the Interns? Great movie.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah that was a better than expected movie for sure.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    My January watches;

Stan & Ollie - 4/5
    The Favourite - 5/5
    Poldar - 3/5
    The mule - 2/5
    Mary Queen of Scots - 3/5
    Green Book - 5/5

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Stan & Ollie about Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yip, Steve Coogan plays Stan and John C Riley plays Ollie.

Its about the last tour they did in the UK and Ireland. Both leads are brilliant, the make up is fantastic as well. Even my mrs liked it and she genuinely hates watching films.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Black Kklansman finally and shit I had no idea it was based on a true story. It was a pretty damn good movie. Aside from the Tarantino level usage of the N word it was as good as everyone says it is. I will say this and while it has nothing do really do with the movie itself it is about the very very end so....

I also didn't realize until just now that the main actor is Denzel Washington's son which makes perfect fucking sense as they sound identical lol.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; January 31st, 2019 at 6:32 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Black Kklansman finally and shit I had no idea it was based on a true story. It was a pretty damn good movie. Aside from the Tarantino level usage of the N word it was as good as everyone says it is. I will say this and while it has nothing do really do with the movie itself it is about the very very end so....

I also didn't realize until just now that the main actor is Denzel Washington's son which makes perfect fucking sense as they sound identical lol.
    This is on the top of my list of movies to watch. The book was great. One of the parts that really made me laugh was that David Duke apparently didn't know this had happened until like the early 2000's or something like that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    This is on the top of my list of movies to watch. The book was great. One of the parts that really made me laugh was that David Duke apparently didn't know this had happened until like the early 2000's or something like that.
    NOBODY knew this happened until homeboy gave an interview to a local newspaper I believe in 2003-2004 and then right after that he decided to write the book. Like literally the only people who knew were the 5-6 people involved in the investigation. It's fucking incredible! And nobody has came out and said he was lying, which is good.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was lying...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reserved Black Klansmen at Redbox. I have a vacation day tomorrow so that's what I'll be doing!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How long do you get a RedBox movie for before they start charging you more money.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How long do you get a RedBox movie for before they start charging you more money.
    24 hours.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome movie. Loved it. Adam Driver was great, so was Denzel’s son.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome movie. Loved it. Adam Driver was great, so was Denzel’s son.

I told you man that shit threw me off when they put that at the end I was like.....Damn this is some 1960's shit.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth paying $25 for a 4K edition of Overlord versus waiting another 2 weeks and renting it?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Overlord the other day. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't something I'd pay $25 for. You'd want a more visually pleasing movie if you're buying a 4K edition.
    That's just me though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I gotta be honest, I could tell the difference between VHS and DVD quality, but DVD and Blu Ray differences are a bit of a struggle. No idea if I've ever seen 4k but maybe it's cause I'm not a visualphile. Is that the correct term? Imagephile?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Has anyone else watched An Evening With Beverly Luff LInn?

Same writer/director as The Greasy Strangler and an awesome cast. I thought personally that it was fuckin hilarious. Deadpan and surreal. WATCH IT!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night and I completely understand the high praise. I love Queen. I'm no super fan but I love their music, I love Brian May's guitar work, Freddie Mercury is by far one of the most inspiring musicians/singers/songwriters of all time for me. When it was done I felt like that movie could have been 5 hours long and I would still want more.

Seriously my favorite movie that I have seen in several years. Considering the movies that have dropped that I really really enjoyed, that says quite a bit.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Happy Death Day 2U was fun. A bit of a mess at the same time, but at least they didn't just rehash the same story as the first one this time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw the first one a few weeks ago. Was surprised to find it to be really good.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,t he first one was a really fun time. I'll definitely check out the second at some point, probably not in theater, though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rented OVERLORD last night. Pretty cool but nothing I'd bend over backwards to watch again. I like war movies and this had an interesting approach. The gore was solid and for a movie that is a B-movie budget, sure as hell didn't look like it so props on that aspect.

On the scale of Monster Squad to Dark Shadows with Monster Squad being the highest you could reach and Depp's Dark Shadows being the lamest, I'd say it falls somewhere between Hellboy 2 and Drop Dead Fred.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Has anyone else watched An Evening With Beverly Luff LInn?

Same writer/director as The Greasy Strangler and an awesome cast. I thought personally that it was fuckin hilarious. Deadpan and surreal. WATCH IT!
    I watched it and wasn't impressed at all I expected more considering the cast.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rented OVERLORD last night. Pretty cool but nothing I'd bend over backwards to watch again. I like war movies and this had an interesting approach. The gore was solid and for a movie that is a B-movie budget, sure as hell didn't look like it so props on that aspect.

On the scale of Monster Squad to Dark Shadows with Monster Squad being the highest you could reach and Depp's Dark Shadows being the lamest, I'd say it falls somewhere between Hellboy 2 and Drop Dead Fred.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got to see Bohemian Rhapsody over the weekend, and then we saw A Star is Born last night. Free redbox rentals, but both would have been worth a full price movie ticket.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got to see Bohemian Rhapsody over the weekend, and then we saw A Star is Born last night. Free redbox rentals, but both would have been worth a full price movie ticket.
    Sad story that normally I wouldn't share but it's not that big of a deal if I do.

A Star Is Born. I'm going to spoiler this because of the ending:

Bagel
    Just watched this for the first time in the past week. Was a little reluctant to see it in the theater. Winter hibernation mode mostly, figured it would be out soon. Loved the movie.

Another movie I've seen recently was Hell Fest, a freebie from Redbox. I enjoyed it more than I expected I would. Didn't really find that it slowed down much, but most of the characters I found to be obnoxious, except the killer. There wasn't a single one where I thought "I hope this one doesn't get killed".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get free movies from Redbox?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe you have to perform oral sex near the machine? I don't know

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I mentioned before that I am an extreme couponer. I recently used coupons and rainchecks to get 80 free boxes of Jolly-time microwave popcorn, and each of them had a promotional code on them for a free redbox rental. I kept a couple dozen codes for my wife and I, as we try to watch a movie twice a month. The rest of the codes I donated, along with the popcorn, to the homeless shelter. During the winter months, they often will try to show movies on their big screen TV, so it was a small way I was able to help. They had a similar promotion about a year ago and I did the same thing but only 40 boxes, and since it worked out well, I got more coupons to use this time.

Bagel
    How do you get free movies from Redbox?
    I'm on the text mailing list, sometimes get rent 1 get 1 codes, but they have other stuff like if you have an account you accumulate points with rentals throughout the year and I've gotten free rentals after a certain number. https://www.redbox.com/textclub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched mid90s, the Jonah Hill directed drama, earlier this week. I enjoyed it. Had that Kids/This is England raw feel to it and a low-key tone which I liked. Not one I can see doing great financially, but I think people will dig it.

Also, revisited The Quick and the Dead. A corny western from 1995 that I've always had a soft spot for.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good. Anything with Gene Hackman is good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creed II wasn't as good as the first but still pretty enjoyable.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bohemian Rhapsody was nothing special. I felt they missed the opportunity to really tell a story reflecting Mercury’s life battling homosexuality and AIDS in a time where these topics were frowned upon. The music was fantastic, but the storytelling was off. It felt like the movie could’ve been 30-45 minutes longer.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Began The Favourite. I am going to finish it tomorrow.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from seeing Fighting with my Family. I enjoyed it, but wasn't great. Florence Pugh does an okay job in the main character as Paige. Nick Frost is god damned great in his role as Rick Knight (Paige's father) . Lena Headey was nice in her role as Saraya Knight(Paige's mother). The main part of the film is a paint by numbers underdog story. Person has dream, goes through personal shortfalls, thinks about quitting, and finally overcomes the odds. I think all of the supporting characters we're far stronger than the lead actress. Maybe that's to do with them having to sell it as page being the title character, but I really would have enjoyed more of the family.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Favourite was excellent. Emma Stone, Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz were incredible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Just got back from seeing Fighting with my Family. I enjoyed it, but wasn't great. Florence Pugh does an okay job in the main character as Paige. Nick Frost is god damned great in his role as Rick Knight (Paige's father) . Lena Headey was nice in her role as Saraya Knight(Paige's mother). The main part of the film is a paint by numbers underdog story. Person has dream, goes through personal shortfalls, thinks about quitting, and finally overcomes the odds. I think all of the supporting characters we're far stronger than the lead actress. Maybe that's to do with them having to sell it as page being the title character, but I really would have enjoyed more of the family.
    Everyone I know who saw it outside of the social media (1 person) said that you could tell who was a veteran actor and who wasn't, does that make sense? Basically saying that if the supporting cast were just as unknown and "green" as Florence Pugh, the movie would have been weak.

I'll definitely check it out when it comes out on DVD, I don't really go out for these type of movies.

Side note....I saw the movie "A Simple Favor" I had a free rental @ Redbox and I think Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively are fucking hot. The movie's plot was cool, the dark comedy vibe was sort of there, I'd give it a 3/10 with the 3 simply being those 2 women are beautiful.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Thought the bloke who played her brother was the best of everyone.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Commuter

This movie was REALLY bad but it was at least a fun bad movie. I didn't want to turn it off, I wanted to keep watching and keep a running list of all the super dumb plot points. I won't post my list here, but there are just so many stupid things in this movie, things that just don't make any sense whatsoever. Watch it and make fun of its ridiculousness.

4/10

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really enjoyed the Commuter. It's a dumb action/mystery flick. Plus Liam Neeson is extremely likeable in any movie. I'd give it 6/10.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does he...like...not want to sit next to certain people on the train?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    So does he...like...not want to sit next to certain people on the train?
    "Certain people" that supposedly raped his friend 40 decades ago.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "Certain people" that supposedly raped his friend 40 decades ago.
    40 years ago he thought that, but while riding to work on the train since he's realized reading the newspaper is a lot better.