Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,100 of 5233

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh for fuck sake here we go. So the Celtic fan deserved it now. And what the fuck has one guy doing a aeroplane got to do with any of this? Are you trying to justify this through one Celtic fan doing an aeroplane? Will I reference all the Rangers fans wrong doing to justify Neil Lennon alledgely spitting on a scarf?
    Last edited by Smell It?; May 14th, 2011 at 6:49 AM.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    You are going to have to explain this one.

If this was Savage or someone then yes you could say I am biased but I think you will be hard pressed to find anything I am bitter about regards Lennon.

Still havent linked that article I see. Probably because it is off cathoticsareus.com
    Go and google the article. Celtic fans desevre to be spat on, Neil Lennon is a depressed wanker. Spitting on a badge is worse than spitting on a person He brings it all on himself. Catholicsareus- BITTER.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a disgrace he gets bullets BUT Celtic fans goaded Diouf, Neil Lennon spat on a badge which is worse than spitting on someones face. Plus hes a depressed wanker who probably doesn't think straight so he brought it all on himself. Also, a Celtic fan mocked Reyna so there.

Keep filling in the template.

I don't agree with what happened BUT...

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    It's a disgrace he gets bullets BUT Celtic fans goaded Diouf, Neil Lennon spat on a badge which is worse than spitting on someones face. Plus hes a depressed wanker who probably doesn't think straight so he brought it all on himself. Also, a Celtic fan mocked Reyna so there.

Keep filling in the template.

I don't agree with what happened BUT...
    A completely unbiased summary of my posts right there

I'll explain this more clearly. The actual ACT of spitting at someone is far, far worse. However the CONNOTATIONS of spitting on a badge are worse.

Again, I'm still waiting on why I am bitter..

You have said that MON is an affable man and Lennon is not. So you are actually agreeing that it is his personality and actions that have led to this. At least we agree on something.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did I say Lennon isn't. I said portrayal numbnuts. I showed why you're bitter. Spitting on someone is an offence. Spitting on a scarf isn't. You're a tube. This connotations bullshit. People believe what they want to believe but you've mad a complete walt out of yourself with that statement

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically your whole point appears to be arguing that Lennon isnt reciving these threats because of any of his actions over the last 10 years and more to do with being catholic and playing for Northern Ireland and managing Celtic.

Yet when questioned why Martin O'Neil didnt get the same level of abuse when also being catholic, playing for Northern ireland and managing Celtic your defense if "because he is a affable guy" which suggests it is personal towards Lennon.

Oh and that biased article of course that you dont dare say where it is lifted from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For everyone's sake, can you two just fuck off? If you're that interested in this heap of bollocks - bearing in mind we're closing in on the deciding afternoon of the season - and don't want to talk about the actual football, make yourself an Official Sectarianism Discussion Thread in the Tavern, or put it in PM's.

It's an argument neither of you will win, because there is no right. There's a fuckload of wrong, and reacting to wrongs, but none of it is right. Nobody can take the moral high ground, .

As for the football, Rangers can't throw it away from here, a big send off to Walter Smith should be more than enough to focus them for the task in front of them. To be honest, I can even see Celtic dropping points if word comes through of an early Rangers goal, it would kill all confidence and momentum.

We can sit with our fingers crossed, but I've a feeling it's just meant to go to them this season.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically your whole point appears to be arguing that Lennon isnt reciving these threats because of any of his actions over the last 10 years and more to do with being catholic and playing for Northern Ireland and managing Celtic.

Yet when questioned why Martin O'Neil didnt get the same level of abuse when also being catholic, playing for Northern ireland and managing Celtic your defense if "because he is a affable guy" which suggests it is personal towards Lennon.

Oh and that biased article of course that you dont dare say where it is lifted from
    I told you Lennon played for Celtic and NI at same time. What does it matter where the articles from. It outlines why they're different. Anyway. You're a bitter twat who thinks all this is because he spat on a scarf years ago. Again the it's wrong BUT template.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Lagom. No I won't fuck off. Bigotry and sectarianism needs to be silenced.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also please tell me why McGinn and McCourt received bullets. Still no reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then start a specific thread for it, I'm all for it being kicked out of football and everyday life, but this is to discuss the football. Nobody is going to come in here to talk about the football when it's saturated with 2 people arguing, ultimately pointlessly, over a subject that has no right or wrong, has no resolution or conclusion.

Put it in it's own thread and maybe you'll get a decent response and some reasoned discussion and debate, but let's not rise to trolling in here?

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course theres a right and wrong in this. Right- what is happening is down to religion. What wrongs have McCourt and mcginn done? The wrong is he brings it all on himself the view of narrow minded bitter people. I'll post where I want. You'll not dictate to me son.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Dog being made to look like an absolute idiot over these last few pages.

Of course its religion based. Many in the old firm have done much much worse than Lennon and not received treatment in the same statosphere as this.
    McGinn and McCourt done absolutely nothing wrong - its religion based.

How fucking obvious does it need to be?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you Lennon played for Celtic and NI at same time. What does it matter where the articles from. It outlines why they're different. Anyway. You're a bitter twat who thinks all this is because he spat on a scarf years ago. Again the it's wrong BUT template.
    Of course it matters where the article is from!!!

Were you not told when you got your famous degree to always cite your sources to see how relevent, biased they may be. This is basic stuff.

Also please tell me why McGinn and McCourt received bullets. Still no reply
    I have already said to you - tell me why I am "bitter" and I will answer that.

You seem to think that anyone that dares have a go at your precious Lennon must be bitter in some way and can't possibly a neutral observer

And shush Lagom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate, if you want to derail the thread by getting sucked into this shit, then feel free, but it's getting boring. I'm not sure what you think is going to happen by continuing the back and forth of you two poking each other with sticks.

I, and I'm sure one or two others here, want to discuss the football, and have to listen to enough of the bigotry as it is, without having to sift through it to read what other people think.
    Last edited by Lagom; May 14th, 2011 at 8:48 AM.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    Red Dog being made to look like an absolute idiot over these last few pages.

Of course its religion based. Many in the old firm have done much much worse than Lennon and not received treatment in the same statosphere as this.
    McGinn and McCourt done absolutely nothing wrong - its religion based.

How fucking obvious does it need to be?
    I think you jumping in with Smell it? actually makes my case stronger, sorry mate.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already said to you - tell me why I am "bitter" and I will answer that.
    The answer for that is because they are Catholics playing for Celtic and Northern Ireland. Same as Neil Lennon. That's it. I'd love to know your other mysterious theory that you can't bring yourself to type, however.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagom View Post
    mate, if you want to derail the thread by getting sucked into this shit, then feel free, but it's getting boring. I'm not sure what you think is going to happen by continuing the back and forth of you two poking each other with sticks.

I, and I'm sure one or two others here, want to discuss the football, and have to listen to enough of the bigotry as it is, without having to sift through it to read what other people think.

I'd rather see this discussion reach its conclusion. Someone may get enlightened from it.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    The answer for that is because they are Catholics playing for Celtic and Northern Ireland. Same as Neil Lennon. That's it. I'd love to know your other mysterious theory that you can't bring yourself to type, however.
    I know that. I havent got any other theory.

But Lennon brought it on for them. They probably had a couple of bullets left over from his parcel.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    I'd rather see this discussion reach its conclusion. Someone may get enlightened from it.
    you're surely not serious.

Any more predictions for the games tomorrow?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    you're surely not serious.

Any more predictions for the games tomorrow?
    I think he thinks that I dont think religion plays a factor at all (which I have never said) and that somehow the penny will drop. It was certainly aimed at me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, these are my 2 cents...

Killie 0 - 4 Rangers
    Celtic 2 - 0 Motherwell
    or
    Celtic 1 - 1 Motherwell

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £5 on a 3-0 win for Rangers with Jellyfish the first scorer. £85 if it comes through.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're bitter because you think this is all lennons fault and he brings it on himself citing every excuse under the sun. You keep saying it's his conduct. You said celtic fans provoked diouf. Another falsehood. You won't label this religious because you're too bitter. It doesn't matter where it's from. Your YouTube video was a Rangers fans. Does that make it less credible than the article which simply outlines why Lennon is different from o neill.

You don't have the answers for McCourt and mcginn hence your silence. How have they brought this on themselves. Religion!

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennon brought this on for them too? Fucking hell. Hahahahahaha

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're bitter because you think this is all lennons fault and he brings it on himself citing every excuse under the sun. You keep saying it's his conduct. You said celtic fans provoked diouf. Another falsehood. You won't label this religious because you're too bitter. It doesn't matter where it's from. Your YouTube video was a Rangers fans. Does that make it less credible than the article which simply outlines why Lennon is different from o neill.

You don't have the answers for McCourt and mcginn hence your silence. How have they brought this on themselves. Religion!
    Read upwards and you will see I say I know it has something to do with religion. No other rivalry in the world has the same religious tension hence why he is a cock to act like he does. He should carry himself with more dignity like MON.

And also how can you compare a video where he mouths "Orange bastard" to a written article full of opinions and conjecture??!!

I'm not explaining why that is ridiculous.

But why would I be bitter?! What reason have I got to dislike Lennon?!! The only reason I would have is how he acts but then that is your argument that he doesnt act in a bad way so I am not sure how you are going to answer that.
    Last edited by Red Dog; May 14th, 2011 at 9:15 AM.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennon brought this on for them too? Fucking hell. Hahahahahaha
    Course he fucking did. They are not the first Irish players to play for Celtic are they and they suddenly receive bullets after he has. I cant prove that (no-one can) but it is quite a big co-incidence.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so it is religious now. So I'm right. You tell me why. I don't know your mindset. Apology accepted by the way now you realise it's religious.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course he fucking did. They are not the first Irish players to play for Celtic are they and they suddenly receive bullets after he has. I cant prove that (no-one can) but it is quite a big co-incidence.
    Hahahaha. Brilliant

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so it is religious now. So I'm right. You tell me why. I don't know your mindset. Apology accepted by the way now you realise it's religious.
    It is religious to a certain extent but then if it wasnt about individuals then MON would have got bullets too. So it is also personal. Not everything is black and white.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you jumping in with Smell it? actually makes my case stronger, sorry mate.
    I live right in the middle of all of this mate. I know far more about the situation than you could dream to. Saying that, based on your arguments, so does a 5-year old with learning difficulties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin O'Neill's house was attacked a few times when he was Celtic manager, so it's not entirely true he didn't get any trouble.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Union Jack placed in his garden. I've won this one lads while exposing this guy for what he is

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin O'Neill's house was attacked a few times when he was Celtic manager, so it's not entirely true he didn't get any trouble.
    So was Kris Commons' house when he played for Derby.

Idiot fans are everywhere.

Listen I appreciate Lennon is a big Irish/Cetlic hero and if this discussion was about Brian Clough I would defend him to the hilt regardless and I do appreciate that this is what is going to happen so a logical conclusion isnt going to be reached here.

The majority of my posts have been serious and I think it is abhorrant that he got bullets sent to him - however I stand by that he doesnt help himself and could conduct himself better in such a religiously hostile and media frenzied environment that he works in.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Union Jack placed in his garden. I've won this one lads while exposing this guy for what he is
    What have you exposed me as exactly?

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    there are a few camps that run in parallel here and feed off one another

1) Those who hate Lennon because of his religion, his nationality and his commentary on unification of the two Irish sides.

2) Those who hate Lennon the player, the Celtic figurehead, the snarling, never-say-die, digging midfielder and, lest we forget, a really excellent player. See also Barry Ferguson and Graeme Souness and, to an extent earlier in his playing career, Paul Hartley.

3) Those who take an instant dislike to him; don't like his face, don't like how he displays his passion and loyalty to Celtic and those who mistake both as indicative of some sort of paramilitary poster-boy.

Lennon's faux-pas this season have probably been kicking a water bottle, shouting at officials and the altercation with Ally McCoist. Were it any other manager conducting the exact same actions it wouldn't be nearly as frowned upon or provoke such vitriol from the the scumbags who have posted death threats, bombs and attempted to attack him and actually physically assaulted him in the street. He has the misfortune of having a quite angry-looking face when he's shouting on the sidelines or celebrating a goal or contesting a decision, and this seems to tap into the existing desire of a huge minority in this country who simply want trouble, who want to to fight and to spew bile and to plunge us back into the dark ages of sectarianism and have succeeded in doing so. It's been bubbling away and spilling over for decades, and now they've found their point-man toward whom to direct it.

None of this is Neil Lennon's fault. He's really not done anything wrong, and he shouldn't be expected to turn the volume down or completely change his character just because of the utter cunts who are using him as an excuse for a focussed and wider campaign of hate and Troubles nostalgia.

I guarantee you that Ally McCoist will be just as outspoken, just as animated on the touchline, just as give-as-you-get with the Celtic fans and salute his away support at every game in his tenure as Rangers manager. He's a fat, funny guy with a likeable face though.

I'm not into all this bigotry and sectarian fucking shite in the slightest, but I do have to laugh when people say "Why is it just Lennon then?! EH? Eh?! If it's just Lennon then it must be something he's done, or at least he's contributing to it!!?" - ummm...why is it only one side of the 'divide' who are conducting themselves in such a reprehensible, public manner?

On the Tynecastle incident, and Tynecastle in general - I've been to that ground twice, and I'll never be back. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone taking a child there. It is the most vile, hate-filled, animalistic stadium I have ever been to full of a majority, yes a majority, of utter scumbags.
    Last edited by Fanny; May 14th, 2011 at 9:42 AM.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have you exposed me as exactly?
    A bitter back tracker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil Lennon is no hero of mine. I thought he was an average player and a bit of a knob. I have very little interest in Celtic or Scottish football.

However, what is happening with Neil Lennon is part of the same fascist, right-wing idiocy displayed by Loyalist/BNP/C18/EDL supporters up and down Britain. It's the same sort of stuff that saw Romanians being burnt out of their homes in Belfast a couple of summers ago: no real reason for it other than bigotry. They're cowards and horrible fascists. Neil Lennon gets different treatment because he is a target of these types of people. When they find a target, they circulate information, addresses, names of relatives etc. and the best ways to intimidate. I don't think he should change his conduct. No one should give in to fascists of any type. They're the scum of the earth. It's not just Neil Lennon and prominent people in the mainstream media, but human rights lawyers, prominent socialists/lefties etc.

Teams like Rangers and Hearts need to ask themselves if they have done enough to dissociate their clubs from this type of scum. The legion of arseholes who accompanied Rangers down to Manchester for the UEFA cup final a few years suggests that they have a lot of work to do. Blaming Neil Lennon when there is clearly an enormous fascist following behind that club (the Loyalist "Blues Brothers" with Linfield and Chelsea - also a load of scumbags) is misguided. The media seems reluctant to make these types of connections, possibly because it does risk alienating the normal Rangers fans who just follow football and aren't interested in all that bollocks. But the Northern Irish FA managed to entirely change their crowd from being a hateful fascist, racist bunch of Orange Loyalist twats (you asked me why I didn't support Northern Ireland growing up - that's why) to a more amiable, friendly following genuinely there for the football and to support the team.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he thinks that I dont think religion plays a factor at all (which I have never said) and that somehow the penny will drop. It was certainly aimed at me.

Incorrect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artur Boruc used to get a lot of grief (death threats etc.) when he played for Celtic too, mostly for being openly Catholic.

Andy Goram still makes a good living out of speaking at Rangers fan events despite being a well-knowned UVF/LVF sympathiser. The club can do more to distance itself from these aspects of its support.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil Lennon is no hero of mine. I thought he was an average player and a bit of a knob. I have very little interest in Celtic or Scottish football.

However, what is happening with Neil Lennon is part of the same fascist, right-wing idiocy displayed by Loyalist/BNP/C18/EDL supporters up and down Britain. It's the same sort of stuff that saw Romanians being burnt out of their homes in Belfast a couple of summers ago: no real reason for it other than bigotry. They're cowards and horrible fascists. Neil Lennon gets different treatment because he is a target of these types of people. When they find a target, they circulate information, addresses, names of relatives etc. and the best ways to intimidate. I don't think he should change his conduct. No one should give in to fascists of any type. They're the scum of the earth. It's not just Neil Lennon and prominent people in the mainstream media, but human rights lawyers, prominent socialists/lefties etc.

Teams like Rangers and Hearts need to ask themselves if they have done enough to dissociate their clubs from this type of scum. The legion of arseholes who accompanied Rangers down to Manchester for the UEFA cup final a few years suggests that they have a lot of work to do. Blaming Neil Lennon when there is clearly an enormous fascist following behind that club (the Loyalist "Blues Brothers" with Linfield and Chelsea - also a load of scumbags) is misguided. The media seems reluctant to make these types of connections, possibly because it does risk alienating the normal Rangers fans who just follow football and aren't interested in all that bollocks. But the Northern Irish FA managed to entirely change their crowd from being a hateful fascist, racist bunch of Orange Loyalist twats (you asked me why I didn't support Northern Ireland growing up - that's why) to a more amiable, friendly following genuinely there for the football and to support the team.
    Fair play, good post.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    here we go then: football. I feel like a fool for still believing. Hail Hail Smell It?, Lagom, wardy

Andy
    Haha this is mental

Simon
    I think Rangers might manage it now.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    to top it all, SS4 is showing the Celtic game via the Red Button - but due to a technical fault it's not working for Virgin Media customers, so I can't even settle in and just watch the Celtic game. I'm actually fucking seethingly livid, the cunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just setlle in and watch the comedic Killie defence, they've had the shitters put up them right early on.

Well done Rangers

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I'm going to spend the next half hour cancelling my Virgin subscription and getting the full Sky+ HD package

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it Fanny. You won't regret it.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    it's fucking done mate. I'm fucking utterly fuming with Virgin right now, what a shitty shite cruddy cunt service.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Jesus Christ, somewhere sof is having a multiple orgasm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish i could get bloody Sky HD I've settled for just Sky Broadband after hearing that BT are not only lazy, but also utter shites

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scintillating start by us today. It was a great feeling being able to watch a last day decider without being nervous throughout.

Unlucky Celtic - you tried to con referees, bring the game down with you, cry of conspiracies, bring in lawyers and tried every mind game in the book, made no jot of a difference.

I'm sad to see Walter go. I'm not convinved McCoist is the man for the job but next season will be interesting.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Whilst I think it's unfair to blame Rangers for the Lennon threats they do need to instigate a less hostile environment to Neil Lennon at their club.

Rangers, the club, have in no way shape or form made the club a hostile place for Neil Lennon. Well, no more than any previous Celtic manager.

I ask you all to stop throwing the words 'Rangers fans' about so loosely in here - he was attacked at a Hearts v Celtic match, and a few people have an agenda regarding the bomb incidents. A little less generalising would be nice.

Artur Boruc used to get a lot of grief (death threats etc.) when he played for Celtic too, mostly for being openly Catholic.
    You think that is why he was hated by Rangers fans? On two seperate occassions he openly gave the Rangers fans the wankers gesture. He is the perfect example of someone who did bring it on himself - he showed off a "God bless the Pope" t-shirt at an Old Firm game for fuck sake. He carried an Irish flag across the park at an Old Firm match. Don't try and claim the reason he was hated was because he was openly catholic you maniac.

Andy Goram still makes a good living out of speaking at Rangers fan events despite being a well-knowned UVF/LVF sympathiser. The club can do more to distance itself from these aspects of its support.
    That point is applicable to both sides:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWTGScviVs"]YouTube - CELTIC PLAYERS SINGING[/ame]

There is a video of John Hartson singing with a group. The chant of "IRA" is clearly heard. He is a man who is still closely associated with Celtic.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    Unlucky Celtic - you tried to con referees, bring the game down with you, cry of conspiracies, bring in lawyers and tried every mind game in the book, made no jot of a difference.

nothing like a gracious winner

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, on the pitch, Celtic were a good exciting team this year; they tried to play good football and were always pleasant on the eye.

But off the park the club has been horrible. They have moaned, cried and dragged their feet through this entire season to the point in which it was beyond tiresome. Usually I would throw in a genuine 'unlucky Celtic' comment but this season, if you lose the Scottish Cup final, you will have got everything you deserved - absolutely nothing.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    which will be a stark premonition of your next few seasons under the chap who just bought the club for a quid, won't be clearing their debt and squeezing half-pennies out of his bellend for third-rate players for the next five years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think that is why he was hated by Rangers fans? On two seperate occassions he openly gave the Rangers fans the wankers gesture. He is the perfect example of someone who did bring it on himself - he showed off a "God bless the Pope" t-shirt at an Old Firm game for fuck sake. He carried an Irish flag across the park at an Old Firm match. Don't try and claim the reason he was hated was because he was openly catholic you maniac.
    And why did Boruc react to the Rangers fans? Nothing to do with them giving him abuse for being a Catholic? Boruc is a prickly character, but, let's be honest, giving wanker signs is childish nonsense and doesn't warrant death threats in return. Not everyone feels it's required to bow to fascists, so it's good that Boruc felt free to make those displays of defiance.

That point is applicable to both sides:

YouTube - CELTIC PLAYERS SINGING

There is a video of John Hartson singing with a group. The chant of "IRA" is clearly heard. He is a man who is still closely associated with Celtic.
    It's clearly not applicable as Celtic do not have a fascist element associated with the club. I am well aware of the Loyalist "Blues Brothers" following. That "IRA" chant is moronic, but it happens virtually everywhere that Fields of Athenry is played, bar Irish rugby matches (it's not a rebel song, it's been misappropiated as one). Andy Goram held a UVF flag up with KNOWN paramilitaries, he wore a black armband when Billy Wright (Loyalist murderer, thug, racketeer, drug dealer and all-round fucking scumbag) was shot dead. He is a known associate of Loyalists. So when you find us footage of John Hartson or any other Celtic player actively associating with known, active paramilitaries, pass it on.

You need to extract your head from your fucking arsehole. This total lack of honesty about the fascist element of Rangers' support is a big part of the problem. Rangers fans are notorious throughout Europe for having a following that no one wants around, Celtic don't and that tells its own story.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why did Boruc react to the Rangers fans? Nothing to do with them giving him abuse for being a Catholic? Boruc is a prickly character, but, let's be honest, giving wanker signs is childish nonsense and doesn't warrant death threats in return. Not everyone feels it's required to bow to fascists, so it's good that Boruc felt free to make those displays of defiance.
    You don't half talk bollocks at times, do you? Boruc was not treated differently to any other high profile Celtic players. He would have been called a wanker and every name under the sun at Ibrox but so are the rest of the Celtic squad.

Boruc acted like an absolute idiot on more than one occasion and brought himself very much in to the firing line as far as abuse from the stands goes. It's the same as McGregor of Rangers - the Celtic fans sing a song accusing him of being a rapist, that wouldn't have came about if his name wasn't splattered all over the press, showing him acting like a wanker. Some players just don't help themselves and make their life in Glasgow harder for themselves. Not that that applies to Boruc - he revelled in the atmosphere.

It's clearly not applicable as Celtic do not have a fascist element associated with the club. I am well aware of the Loyalist "Blues Brothers" following. That "IRA" chant is moronic, but it happens virtually everywhere that Fields of Athenry is played, bar Irish rugby matches (it's not a rebel song, it's been misappropiated as one).[
    Merely moronic? You can't get tore in to Rangers about their behaviour and sectarian element but excuse a video of an ex-Celtic player being in a crowd belting out IRA songs as 'moronic'. It's a downright disgrace.

Andy Goram held a UVF flag up with KNOWN paramilitaries, he wore a black armband when Billy Wright (Loyalist murderer, thug, racketeer, drug dealer and all-round fucking scumbag) was shot dead. He is a known associate of Loyalists. So when you find us footage of John Hartson or any other Celtic player actively associating with known, active paramilitaries, pass it on.
    I can't really say much about this as I know next to nothing about it.

You need to extract your head from your fucking arsehole. This total lack of honesty about the fascist element of Rangers' support is a big part of the problem. Rangers fans are notorious throughout Europe for having a following that no one wants around, Celtic don't and that tells its own story.

There is no lack of honesty. I'll admit right now that there is, of course, a horrible, disgusting element to our support. I have no idea why you are accusing me of dishonesty - I'm not denying that Rangers have problems in this department, I'm simply pointing out that Celtic do aswell and I think it's highly unfair that the majority of criticism seems to be being levelled at Rangers, although I do understand that the treatment of Lennon in the past few months has, understandably but wrongly, had people looking at Rangers fans as if we are all scumbags.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually wasnt criticising Rangers for the Lennon thing but suggesting that because they are being blamed for it they need to be seen as being pro-active in stamping it out when he comes to Ibrox.

As for Big Kyle. Did well yesterday but probably should have added another 1 or 2. I think it's genuinely exciting what he could acheive next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no lack of honesty. I'll admit right now that there is, of course, a horrible, disgusting element to our support. I have no idea why you are accusing me of dishonesty - I'm not denying that Rangers have problems in this department, I'm simply pointing out that Celtic do aswell and I think it's highly unfair that the majority of criticism seems to be being levelled at Rangers, although I do understand that the treatment of Lennon in the past few months has, understandably but wrongly, had people looking at Rangers fans as if we are all scumbags.
    Breaking up my posts into pieces if tiresome. I'll respond to this bit.

I wasn't referring to Boruc getting abuse from the stands, if he gets abuse from the stands and gives a bit back then fair enough. Footballers should be allowed to do that. What I am referring to is Boruc getting death threats for it.

Fields of Athenry is not an IRA song, I have told you that. It's sung by Irish rugby fans as the team's song, many of whom are from Ulster and pretty staunch Unionists themselves. The shouting of "IRA" during it (which is not part of the song, and anywhere it's sang it's impossible to stop people doing it) is blatantly not the same as a prominent former Rangers player associating himself with Loyalist paramilitaries. Nor is it even remotely the same as the Billy Boys which sees Rangers fans take pleasure in singing "we're up to our knees in Fenian blood."

I despise illusions of equivalency. They are used constantly. Celtic do not have a problem with fascist supporters. This is untrue. Celtic do certainly have a sectarian element but it's not the same thing. Fascism is a poisonous idealogy characterised by intimidation and threats of mass violence. If Rangers had somehow made it to the UEFA Cup final in Dublin, do you think it would actually have been played there? I can't even see how it would have been possible. The Loyalist/BNP/C18 pricks would have been out in force. Instead of pretending Celtic are "just as bad" Rangers need to do everything to distance themselves from these people.

Let's us not ignore the fact that it wasn't just Lennon who received a bomb in the post last month, Paul McBride and Patricia Godman did too, Godman in particular being a socialist MP. This is token behaviour of fascist groups, something which most people may not be aware of because it's not often so publicised in the media. I have two family members who have had their info circulated by fascist/Loyalist groups for being associated with unions, and in one instance a bomb left at their house.
    Last edited by El Capitano Gatisto; May 16th, 2011 at 7:27 AM.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspicious package sent to Scottish club Cowdenbeath

Police were called to Scottish club Cowdenbeath on Monday after a suspicious package was delivered.

Officers went to Cowdenbeath's Central Park ground but were later stood down.

A Fife Constabulary spokesman said the package had been addressed to club chairman Donald Findlay QC - one of Scotland's top lawyers.

The spokesman said the item did not contain a bomb but was designed to alarm Mr Findlay - a former Rangers vice-chairman.

He confirmed a police presence had been required. He added: "Initial police resources at the scene have now been stood down."

The club said it would not be commenting at this time.

Cowdenbeath FC were recently relegated to the Scottish Football League Second Division.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-13412933

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting really out of hand. I have a feeling it's not going to end well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone sends a box to a wanker and it's out of hand? Surely it was out of hand when people were being sent actual bombs?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it got out of hand a long time ago. It's ridiculous really.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotland footballer Garry O'Connor was detained and two Hearts players arrested on suspicion of possessing cocaine in two separate incidents.

O'Connor, 28, who started his career at Hibs, was allegedly caught with the Class A drug in Edinburgh on Saturday.

The striker, from East Lothian, was detained by police but released without charge pending further examination.

Hearts players, Ian Black, 26, and Robert Ogleby, 19, were arrested and charged on Sunday and later released.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We had two people detained, both were cautioned and charged."

O'Connor's last club was Barnsley FC and he also played for Birmingham and Lokomotiv Moscow.

In recent weeks he was given training facilities by Celtic and the club's manager Neil Lennon did not rule out the possibility of signing the striker.

Black is a midfielder and a regular in the Hearts first-team. Ogleby is a striker and a member of the Hearts youth team.

What the fudge is going on in Scotland?

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    well, Ian Black is one of the most ginormous utter cunts in the entire game of football. Dunno about the other two.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Connor is an animal. Pure as day

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard George O'Boyle was their dealer.

Perhaps Badger could confirm.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother met O'Boyle when he was working for River Island. Lord knows what was going on in the fitting room.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking hate Ian Black.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads I'm a little worried about Rangers. I've been hearing things about Whyte, things may not be as they appear...we might need to start a revolution. Berne, Fanny you with us?

Remember for a good Celtic you need a better Rangers....

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it Maguire is a bit of an underwhelming player lads?

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopherson View Post
    Lads I'm a little worried about Rangers. I've been hearing things about Whyte, things may not be as they appear...we might need to start a revolution. Berne, Fanny you with us?

Remember for a good Celtic you need a better Rangers....

what's up with things mate? So he's sacked the chairman and a load of the board who were critical of his takeover and are now warning fans that he's not going to spend the money he said he was. Could be worse...ummm....a plane could fly into Ibrox?

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Share with us the things you are hearing Christopherson. I am intrigued.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    he's selling Ibrox to Tesco

Andy
    What's the general consensus on Steven Naismith?

Every time I see him I'm more and more impressed. He works his bollocks off for the team but also gets into the box whenever possible. He's having a great game against Wales right now, very intelligent movement out wide and in the box.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i love naismith and for me was rangers player of the season by miles.
    ive been very impressed by him tonight again and it wasn't so long ago that i thought he was done after his injuries ect, but what a comeback.

how shite has scott brown been tonight.

Andy
    I'd love to see workrate like that at Arsenal. Not necessarily saying he's good enough but we desperately need someone with that attitude. I.E. work his bollocks off on the wing but also willing to get into the box.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    aye not good enough for that level although did well in the champions league for us, no reason why he couldn't move to epl and do an adam.

3-1! On Ye Go!!!!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What's the general consensus on Steven Naismith?

Every time I see him I'm more and more impressed. He works his bollocks off for the team but also gets into the box whenever possible. He's having a great game against Wales right now, very intelligent movement out wide and in the box.
    Hey Andy I called this during the emirates trophy 2 years ago. Sakho too and that mannone was dogshite. Someone should pay me for this shite

Andy
    Ooh look at me, I watch football and say highly rated players are good. Pathetic.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot to add that you do it 2 years after the point mate

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But apart from that I applaud your honesty

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    how shite has scott brown been tonight.
    Scott Brown IS shite. Don't know what you expected.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i dont think he has been that bad this year.

Tonight he was our worst player by far, which is not what i expected since caldwell was playing.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our pre-season tournament is on. Southend, Raith Rovers, Dundee and East Fife, at East Fife's ground.

Really want to go but I go to Monaco two weeks later. One extreme to another, I guess....

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuinely though Scotland should well in the mix for qualifying over the next few years. Shame they lost McCarthy but honestly I think even people like Commons could be good weapons at international level due to the pace of the game.

Commons,Adams (though im not sure genuinely about him running games at that level), S.Fletcher, Hutton, Gordon, Wilson, Naismith and the lad Wylde at Rangers (Forrest at Celtic looks a good bet too)

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Footballer placed on sex offenders register

Hearts footballer Craig Thomson has been placed on the sex offenders register after pleading guilty to two charges of indecent behaviour.

The 20-year-old was also fined £4,000 for his lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards two girls, aged 12 and 14, over the internet.

The player, who appeared before Edinburgh Sheriff Court, had a not guilty plea to a third charge accepted.

A statement from Hearts said the club was "aware of the verdict".

The Scottish Premier League club said it would go through the "necessary internal procedures relating to the case".

"No further comment will be made at this stage," the club said.

It is believed that a meeting will be held with the player next week once Hearts' senior management return from holiday.

Hearts' squad are due to report at Tynecastle on Wednesday at the start of pre-season training.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-13808562

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    strange, not usually newsworthy in Gorgie

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...241384_2381659

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

----

no messing about there

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    form the desk of Romanov, or one of his idiot cronies/family members. What a fucking joke that club is. I hate it and everyone who supports it. Genuinely. Nothing but fucking scumbags.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The person who wrote that is at best foreign, and at worst extremely thick; not a semblance of coherent English in there. Still, I'm sure I've grasped the general gist of it, and it isn't good.

Paedophiles are running Scottish football

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, 'pedophiles'.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    it's alright mate we're not fussy

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fanny, tell my why Hearts are total scumbags.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I've been to Tynecastle twice. The atmosphere inside the ground was like nothing I've ever experienced before. The majority of the Hearts fans did nothing but vent utterly vile vitriol towards the Celtic support for 90 minutes - directly towards little kids, families, everyone. It was disgusting. They weren't even watching the game. Then afterwards they were WAITING outside the ground behind a police cordon to scream abuse and hurl projectiles at people. Every Jambo I meet, more or less, is a complete and utter fucking dickhead. They're the scum of the Earth.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, sounds like an away day at Anfield.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hearts rant is a result of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13901775.stm

Craig Thomson will continue his career with Hearts after he was placed on the sex offenders register.

Last week, Thomson pleaded guilty to two charges of indecent behaviour for lewd and libidinous behaviour towards two girls, aged 12 and 14.

The player has apologised for his crimes and Hearts said his "grave error of judgement" was due to "naivety and possible wrong outside influence".

The 20-year-old will resume training at the club with immediate effect.

However, Thomson will not be with the rest of the first-team squad when they fly out to their Italian training camp on Saturday.

The full-back issued an apology via the club website, saying that he is "fully aware that I have let everyone down".

He added: "I personally make no excuses for what I did but I would like to thank the club for studying the entire circumstances around the matter.

"I am fully aware of the extreme pressure the club faced from individuals and organisations that were not in full possession of the facts surrounding my situation.

"My aim now is to move on and develop my career and I know this will only happen with the support of my family, friends and the club."
    Paedophiles play for Hearts basically.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mate who's in the 'GREEN BRIGADE' has always swore down that Hearts fans are worse than huns. I went to the 1-1 game at Parkhead at the beginning of the '05-'06 season and was sitting the last line of fans before the stewards and the first line of Hearts fans. They were awful, but nothing you wouldn't expect. Me and my mate were basically having a screaming match with a 60 year old guy with long grey hair and a Hearts top with Strongbow on the front.

It was good.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The proposed Forest v Celtic friendly has allegedly been called off due to Police advice.

Such a shame that Celtic cant behave themselves I would have liked to have gone to that.