User Tag List

Page 1072 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 10621068106910701071107210731074107510761082 ... LastLast
Results 107,101 to 107,200 of 108985

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Also, it took quite some time to make that statement. 5 days?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I imagine the club have been trying to coax it out of him and that was the best they were going to get.

I don't think it will be enough, to be honest.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    He seems to be conflating people booing him off for leaving the field slowly and playing badly with trolls online who threaten his family. Pretty different really.

Barely an apology
    He's a human being who has been treated like shit by a lot of the fans. He's a figure of ridicule and abuse and his substitution was cheered by a large number of people. Let's get the order right here he walked off slowly due to the reaction

The Rosk
    I admire Xhaka. Him and Wenger deserve a lot better than this.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    He's a human being who has been treated like shit by a lot of the fans. He's a figure of ridicule and abuse and his substitution was cheered by a large number of people. Let's get the order right here he walked off slowly due to the reaction
    A lot of the fans? You mean a few idiots on Twitter?

He has been underperforming for a long long time. He was booed he was walking off slowly, and we needed to win the game.

The Rosk
    He’s a human being. He was booed AS HIS NUMBER CAME UP.

I fucking hate Arsenal fans so much

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. People cheered when his number came up, they started booing when he left the field at a snails pace for a game we needed to win!

The Rosk
    So they cheered him going off? WHAT GREAT FANS

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What an awful set of results today. The worst thing about United is just how dire it is to watch. I know I can hold out hope that when Pogba comes back there can be some connection and sense of a proper attack but that's a very slim hope.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am done with football.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery out. This guy is totally clueless, let Freddie Ljungberg step up and have a go.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery out. This guy is totally clueless, let Freddie Ljungberg step up and have a go.
    Jesus.

Simon
    Give it Freddie til end of the fffffffffff play a record

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not?

Yeah would be a gamble but we are going in the wrong direction fast.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely your best bet is to go back cap in hands and grovel for Wenger to take the job again. You think that you’re going in the wrong direction? Look at Man United as a very direct comparison, lost their long term manager, did a cycle of quick management changes, appointed a former club legend as manager...10th place. Let’s face it too, they were bigger and better than Arsenal.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mik. No to Wenger, we were clearly on the slide with him and he could do nothing about it.

Some facts:-

Wolves had 25 shots yesterday, Arsenal had 10.
    Arsenal’s last shot on target came in the 32nd minute when Lacazette forced the keeper into a relatively decent save.
    Arsenal have taken just 2 points from the last 9 available.
    Arsenal have won just 2 of the last 9 Premier League games.
    Since beating Newcastle 2-0 on April 1st 2019, Arsenal have won just 6 of the subsequent 18 Premier League games (and also got battered in a European final)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves had 25 shots yesterday, Arsenal had 10 Arsenal were almost able to see out a match against opposition of a similar standing in which they took an early lead and tried to defend their lead. They came under heavy pressure but eventually succumbed. Despite this they matched their opponents in terms of xG and restricted them to just 32% of shots on target. The 1-1 result was, on balance, fair.
    Arsenal’s last shot on target came in the 32nd minute when Lacazette forced the keeper into a relatively decent save. Arsenal had the better of the opening stages of the game and created 9 chances within the area, forcing the opposition keeper into 3 decent saves before retreating to defend their lead. They then proceeded to force their opponents into 9 shots from outside the area.
    Arsenal have taken just 2 points from the last 9 available. Arsenal are unbeaten in three games.
    Arsenal have won just 2 of the last 9 Premier League games. Arsenal are currently fifth in the table, having lost just twice this season. They lie behind the three most recent Premier League winners and the side commonly regarded as being the best to have never won the Premier League.
    Since beating Newcastle 2-0 on April 1st 2019, Arsenal have won just 6 of the subsequent 18 Premier League games (and also got battered in a European final) Arsenal got to a European final last season, more recently than Manchester United and Manchester City. Along the way they beat top teams from Italy and Spain in both the home and away legs.

Relative innit? You can change anything to suit an argument if you try hard enough.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mik. No to Wenger, we were clearly on the slide with him and he could do nothing about it.

Some facts:-

Wolves had 25 shots yesterday, Arsenal had 10.
    Arsenal’s last shot on target came in the 32nd minute when Lacazette forced the keeper into a relatively decent save.
    Arsenal have taken just 2 points from the last 9 available.
    Arsenal have won just 2 of the last 9 Premier League games.
    Since beating Newcastle 2-0 on April 1st 2019, Arsenal have won just 6 of the subsequent 18 Premier League games (and also got battered in a European final)
    I guess you’re not familiar with the phrase be careful what you wish for. You wanted Wenger gone, you’ve slid. You want a for,Ed player with limited managerial experience in charge...get ready to slide again.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have replaced our backroom staff and they actually look competent now, unlike United.

I see no reason why we can't use Liverpool's model of success with the right manager (clear identity, sell players on for high fees etc)

The Rosk
    I think the main hurdle is the fanbase. Liverpool fans are a lot more forgiving and pleasant.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, no reason at all. Haven’t won the league in 30 years, have been outside of the top 4 in 12 of those seasons. Have been 6th or lower in 6 of the last 10 years.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the Champions League twice in that time, mind.

They made a change when it was clear Brendan Rogers wasnt going to do it, got someone better and look at them now.

The Rosk
    You don’t deserve Arsenal.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zzzzzzz

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What even is VAR?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    I think the main hurdle is the fanbase. Liverpool fans are a lot more forgiving and pleasant.
    They are absolute cunts. Never forget this.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son just broke Gomes leg with a fucking flying tackle from behind.

Yellow card.

Seriously what the fuck?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VAR upped it to red, oh thats OK then.

Atkinson is a fucking disgrace.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was never a red card challenge

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Son just broke Gomes leg with a fucking flying tackle from behind.

Yellow card.

Seriously what the fuck?
    That tackle didn’t break his leg though.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely wasn't a red from what we saw. Son wouldn't have been able to carry on anyway, he was a wreck - I thought Atkinson could have shown a bit of tact there.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangers View Post
    Definitely wasn't a red from what we saw. Son wouldn't have been able to carry on anyway, he was a wreck - I thought Atkinson could have shown a bit of tact there.
    Tact to do what?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a yellow and tell them sub him off I guess?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Give him a yellow and tell them sub him off I guess?
    The official statement suggests Atkinson was instructed to give him a red card as Atkinson had the yellow card out initially.

Son's manager was on the sideline shouting at the fourth official and then getting into it with Digne.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like pull him out of the group of players, acknowledge the absolute state he was in and explain the decision to him. Not just walk over and produce the red. Felt like kicking him while he was down.

It wasn't a red anyway but if the VAR has told the ref it is then I guess he has to dismiss him, just show a bit of decency in what are quite unusual circumstances.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That's not the referee's job. He had a coach comforting him. You're firing a shot that doesn't need firing.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what a silly thing to say

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That tackle didn’t break his leg though.
    Yeah maybe not after seeing it again.

Still a red card though is it was a tackle from behind. That said I have no idea what the rules are any more.

He didn't mean to injure him I reckon (I don't think any pro means to injure another player generally) but is was definitely an intentional foul which has sadly endangered another player.

I was more fuming with Atkinson and his shoddy refereeing. The standard is terrible and VAR is not helping either.

Simon
    Yeah maybe not after seeing it again.

Still a red card though is it was a tackle from behind.
    Mate it wasn't a tackle from behind in the sense we use that term, that rule was brought in to stop people going straight through the back of players forcefully and dangerously. Son's tackle wasn't forceful or inherently dangerous, it was just a cynical attempt to break up play as happens numerous times in every single game you watch.
    It's a horrible injury and unfortunately it was a direct result of Son's challenge, but you can't referee matches according to outcome. Every single tackle that happens in a game has the potential to be serious, and yesterday is the perfect example - we've all watched hundreds if not thousands of games over the years, have any of us ever seen an injury like that, where someone has ended up with a broken ankle because of a trip? It was a freak injury.

FWIW I don't really blame Atkinson for sending him off, even though it was clearly the wrong decision. In such an emotional and horrific situation it's understandable that he made a mistake and was swayed by what he saw. VAR should have helped him there, taking the emotion out of the decision. But clearly, as you've mentioned, VAR isn't functioning properly at the moment.

Hopefully Gomes recovers quickly, obvious thing to say but from what I've read he seems like a real force for good in football doing loads of community work etc and being open about his difficulties at Barca. Credit to Coleman and Tosun as well for checking on Son, who looked heartbroken, and Digne who was so quick to get Gomes the help he needed.

The Rosk
    I dunno Simon. It wasn't a trip, it was a lunge to stop him at all costs. Unfortunately when you do that and it ends up in potentially ending someone's career, then you have to take the hit, regardless whether there was intent to injure. Son is a strong professional athlete and, whilst I understand that you see a few of these challenges in games, when it ends up in a guy with a broken ankle then you can hardly look to take any blame away from Son. People make mistakes, and he made one.

Simon
    Like I said I accept the injury was a direct result of Son's tackle, but he cannot reasonably have expected that it would have led to that consequence. Obviously to an extent he does have to bear the responsibility - if he hadn't put that tackle in then Gomes wouldn't have been injured - and he clearly accepts that based on his reaction as he immediately knew the severity and (one assumes) blamed himself. But I don't think you can really 'blame' him in terms of criticising him massively, as the tackle he made wasn't inherently dangerous, reckless or forceful and there's no way he could have anticipated the consequences. It's a tackle that shouldn't be made, but it is a tackle that is completely accepted in the game - you give someone just enough contact that they go over in order to break up play.

There's an argument that that type of tackle should be a red card purely on grounds of cynicism (he made no attempt to play the ball, it was a deliberate foul) but that type of tackle happens thousands of times each season and is never, ever seen as dangerous - you can't work backwards the one time it causes a serious injury and decide that it is inherently dangerous. I don't think he did 'make a mistake' as such - every manager of every team would expect a player to make a tackle like that if required, stopping a counter-attack at an leary stage to break up play. City and Spurs literallly have it built into their tactical setup, possibly other sides too. And it would never usually be seen as anything other than cynical. This was just an extraordinarily unlucky outcome from a completely ordinary foul.

The Rosk
    There are different levels of that sort of "cynical foul" though, surely? Tripping someone up as they're running past you, or making yourself an obstacle that's impossible to vault, is a lot less likely to injure someone than going flying in off your feet on their ankle, outside their line of vision (from behind) so they can't even protect themselves. As much as you can say that happens thousands of times per season, if it was Patrick Vieira doing that exact tackle years ago to a Spurs player you'd be calling him every name under the sun.

Son is hardly a paragon of virtue. It's less than six months since he was sent off for kicking someone, isn't it?

Simon
    I'd like to think if it was an Arsenal player I'd be reasonable enough to still see it for what it was, but if not well that's just my hypocrisy isn't it. I don't think I am particularly biased in favour of Spurs and always try to see things objectively.

With regard to Son, I think it's generally accepted that he's a lovely bloke, but I don't think that is relevant - if it was a stinking, dangerous tackle that wouldn't be altered by the fact that he's a nice guy. I just don't think it was a notably bad tackle, it just happened to have awful consequences. The red card a few months back was nothing really, he just pushed someone - silly but nothing malicious at all and was probably a yellow same as yesterday. There was an absolutely horrible tackle by Foyth in the same game though.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree with Simon.

The tackle in isolation wasn't worth a red card but I completely understand why one was given as there was a lot of emotion attached to the end result. In an ideal world, Son would've been given a yellow and then subbed off by Poch as he was in no state to carry on.

It was more of a freak accident than a dangerous tackle imo

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a red because of the end result. They have been told to take that into account this season. If he doesn't get injured its probably just a booking as you see tackles like that in most games.

What doesn't help his cause is the fact that he was blatantly trying to foul Gomes, he either lost his head from not being given a foul a few seconds earlier (kind of a revenge clattering) or he was trying to trip him up to stop us progressing. If there was a genuine attempt from him to play the ball then its a bit different (Aurier for example who was just unfortunate in the flow of what happened.)

There is no way he was trying to injure him but that would make the challenge reckless which can be deemed a red.

At the end of the day though does the card even matter? Bigger picture and all that.

We probably could have had two pens and another sending off if Richarlison wasn't a knob who goes down holding his head whenever he gets touched. Proper case of the boy who cried wolf. It's a shame as he actually seems like a really nice bloke away from the pitch but he just cant seem to help himself. He doesn't dive as such but any tiny bit of contact results in him hitting the deck. The worst part is not once has a referee pulled him up for it so he is either cheating or getting fouled surely? But the refs don't want to react one way or the other and just pretend that it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Did they explain the (non) handball ruling yet?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Did they explain the (non) handball ruling yet?
    Something to do with him being challenged by Mina therefore he can handle the ball above his head or something...

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I wrong in thinking that the level of injury suffered is considered when deciding of the severity of a foul?

I'm sure it is, and given the injury, and that Son is at least partly at fault, that's an undeniable red card.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that the level of injury suffered is considered when deciding of the severity of a foul?

I'm sure it is, and given the injury, and that Son is at least partly at fault, that's an undeniable red card.
    I "think" you are right and it was something that was put in place this season.

But as per usual with the rules of football and the lack of transparency involved nobody actually knows for certain.

Either way Gomes will be out for at least 9 months, it seems a bit pointless to be arguing over a bloke missing 3 games.

On the plus side Gomes will be by far the best player in the Championship next season.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

It never has been before, but seemingly it has been brought in this season. It's a completely unworkable rule, at least if they are looking for consistency. I would have thought this was obvious, and my instinct is to highlight the issue by saying "you'll end up with innocuous tackles being treated as red cards because by pure bad luck they lead to serious injury", but that is exactly what happened yesterday and a sizeable minority of people seem to agree that it should have been a red.

My personal opinion is that the visceral nastiness of the injury is what has led to the (understandable) overreaction to the tackle. If Son's tackle had led to Gomes doing his cruciate - just as serious an injury, arguably moreso as they are more difficult to recover from than clean breaks, but not as visually harrowing - I don't think there would be the same reaction to Son's involvement. Maybe I'm wrong about that, who knows, but I do get the feeling that there is an (again, understandable) emotional element to the reaction to Son's tackle that shouldn't really be considered by the authorities when deciding on the severity of the punishment.

Simon
    Either way Gomes will be out for at least 9 months, it seems a bit pointless to be arguing over a bloke missing 3 games.
    Yeah this is the main point, and it's why I didn't have any issue with the red card at the time - an unusually difficult, emotional moment that far exceeded any sporting relevance, it was neither here nor there whether Son was booked or sent off. I do think though that it's still important that the right decision is made if an appeal is lodged, because in the cold light of day there's no real reason not to view it objectively without the emotion and rawness of the moment.

The best case scenario would be to make an example of Son as part of a wider point that cynical fouls that make no attempt to win the ball should be automatic red cards, citing this example as justification, but it won't happen because the reality is this was a freak occurrence and the first time someone made a similar tackle that didn't lead to injury, if a red card was shown everyone would rightly think it was ridiculous.

The Rosk
    Have you seen Son's Twitter? He's only gone and posted a picture of Eduardo

Simon
    Have you seen Son's Twitter? He's only gone and posted a picture of Eduardo
    Can't see anything?

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can't see anything?
    MADE YOU LOOK WAHEYYYYYYY

Simon
    You big bag of cat piss.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone make a team of uncapped English players just to show how ridiculous the pool Southgate has atm is please

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeper
    Dean Henderson

Defense
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka
    Conor Coady
    Rob Holding
    Matt Targett

Midfield
    Todd Cantwell
    Kalvin Phillips
    Jack Grealish
    James Maddison
    Phillip Foden

Up Top
    Ashely Barnes (I struggled tbh)

Bench
    Ramsdale
    Ben Goddfrey
    Harvey Barnes
    Ryan Sessegnon
    Reece James
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Obv Maddison and Wan-Bissaka will be capped soon enough so you can add Reece James/Max Aarrons or whoever in

I've probably missed some massively obvious ones. Mark Noble/Andre Grey

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Jarrod Bowen

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    SOF is gonna kick himself for missing Bowen

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's on the bench and he can step in when Grealish finally gets his bloody call up. Phillips should be bossing premier league next year but hopefully not with Leeds

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeper
    Dean Henderson

Defense
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka
    Conor Coady
    Rob Holding
    Matt Targett

Midfield
    Todd Cantwell
    Kalvin Phillips
    Jack Grealish
    James Maddison
    Phillip Foden

Up Top
    Ashely Barnes (I struggled tbh)

Bench
    Ramsdale
    Ben Goddfrey
    Harvey Barnes
    Ryan Sessegnon
    Reece James
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Obv Maddison and Wan-Bissaka will be capped soon enough so you can add Reece James/Max Aarrons or whoever in

I've probably missed some massively obvious ones. Mark Noble/Andre Grey
    Tom Davies and Jonjoe Kenny.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Tomori!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    He's on the bench and he can step in when Grealish finally gets his bloody call up. Phillips should be bossing premier league next year but hopefully not with Leeds
    Phillips is so good. I'm surprised he signed that contract but at least that protects him for the Rodwell style City move.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Tomori!
    Oh shit I thought he had got on last time

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Davies and Jonjoe Kenny.
    Serious answers only mate

Simon
    It still baffles me that Jonjoe Kenny is English. He might as well be called Paddy O'Reilly.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious answers only mate
    Kenny is doing very well at Schalke to be fair!

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Tomori!
    This.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny is doing very well at Schalke to be fair!
    The hardest bit for him is of all the positions RB has to be the most stacked

Alexander Arnold, Walker, Trippier, Wan Bissaka, James, Aarons,

That's before you even get to Jayden Bogle and others. It's fucking mad. Max Aarons must be raging as like 6 years ago he would have got like 20 caps.

Fair play to Kenny for going to Bundesliga though glad it's working for him

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Sons card has been overturned.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made up for him, its been a real tough time for him.

Fuck Gomes like. He has got another leg hasn't he?

Simon
    The hardest bit for him is of all the positions RB has to be the most stacked

Alexander Arnold, Walker, Trippier, Wan Bissaka, James, Aarons,

That's before you even get to Jayden Bogle and others. It's fucking mad. Max Aarons must be raging as like 6 years ago he would have got like 20 caps.

Fair play to Kenny for going to Bundesliga though glad it's working for him
    As good as Wan-Bissaka is there's a decent chance he struggles to even get a cap, TAA is younger and already better than him and James looks like being a superstar too. Walker and Trippier ahead of him at the moment too. Meanwhile we're still arguing over who of Dunk, Keane and Tarkowski should get a spot like we aren't completely fucked if any of them are ever needed for a meaningful tournament game.
    Last edited by Simon; November 5th, 2019 at 3:42 PM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to remind everyone, Keane is TERRIBLE.

Simon
    Made up for him, its been a real tough time for him.

Fuck Gomes like. He has got another leg hasn't he?
    One thing that has surprised me over the past few days is how Liverpool-like a lot of Everton fans seem to be. Maybe it's always been like that and I just never noticed but the myopic, petty and somewhat deluded reaction to the incident from some fans has been exactly what I expect of Liverpool, not Everton. Something in the water up there man.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that has surprised me over the past few days is how Liverpool-like a lot of Everton fans seem to be. Maybe it's always been like that and I just never noticed but the myopic, petty and somewhat deluded reaction to the incident from some fans has been exactly what I expect of Liverpool, not Everton. Something in the water up there man.
    Oh do fuck off.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon's probably at least partially trying to get a rise out of you, but he's kind of right.

Nobody is suggesting that a player being sent off, even wrongly, is worse than suffering a bad injury, as you seem to think they are. They're two separate issues - if it was a choice between us somehow healing Gomes' leg and rescinding Son's red card, and we were all saying the red card was worse, then I'd understand your annoyance.

The Rosk
    Son had a bit of a cry so he could get it overturned. I’m with Collymore on this one

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was never a red card.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a scouser do you in a 50/50 tackle when you younger or something.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangers View Post
    Simon's probably at least partially trying to get a rise out of you, but he's kind of right.

Nobody is suggesting that a player being sent off, even wrongly, is worse than suffering a bad injury, as you seem to think they are. They're two separate issues - if it was a choice between us somehow healing Gomes' leg and rescinding Son's red card, and we were all saying the red card was worse, then I'd understand your annoyance.
    Partly a wind up but it's based in truth. The fallout from Everton fans fro the other day is exactly the sort of shit you get from Liverpool fans every week.
    Last edited by Simon; November 6th, 2019 at 6:11 AM.

The Rosk
    What the fuck are you talking about. Seriously.

The majority of the media have been more focused on making sure poor old Son was being looked after, rather than the guy whose foot was bent the other way after his stupid, clumsy "tackle". I'd be pissed off if I was in their shoes too.

Simon
    Probably because "it is sad that Gomes broke his ankle" doesn't have much mileage in it as news, obviously it's sad and obviously everyone feels terrible for him, there's no story there. Whereas the idea that others involved in an incident need to be looked after too is a relatively new occurrence, particularly with mental health only just starting to get the attention it needs. None of the people wishing Son well are doing this at the expense of Gomes, it isn't an either-or situation. People rightly think it's important that, as well as the person who is injured and will obviously get all the help they need, it's important not to ignore other people involved who may have been affected but may not automatically get the care they need.

The Rosk
    The media would seemingly disagree. An update on Gomes's ankle surgery aside, all the headlines are on the red card being overturned and Son over dramatically holding his head like a manchild being told he can't have any sweets. "Poor old Son". He should feel guilty, because he knows he did an intentional foul from behind which led to the guy's foot hanging off his ankle.

This is getting away from you having a go at likening Everton fans to Liverpool fans in their reaction to all of this. I find that baffling. If I was an Everton fan I'd be sick.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka stripped of captaincy. Good.

The Rosk
    Poor guy. Feel for him.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah what a victim telling his own fans to fuck off.

The Rosk
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE HOPE YOUR WIFE GETS KILLED

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Hey, fuck off?"

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah what a victim telling his own fans to fuck off.
    Fan means someone holding a strong admiration in someone or something.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE HOPE YOUR WIFE GETS KILLED

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Hey, fuck off?"

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE
    So the people who posted death threats are definitely the same people at the game who wanted him to the run off the pitch in a game we needed to win?

OKKKKKKKK

The Rosk
    They could have been. How's he to know? Poor fucker.

Again, he was ironically cheered and booed AS SOON AS HIS NUMBER WENT UP. THREE SECONDS after he started walking there is mass booing. Your fanbase are full of ArsenalFanTV entitled cunts. There's a reason you have become a meme.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could have been. How's he to know? Poor fucker.

Again, he was ironically cheered and booed AS SOON AS HIS NUMBER WENT UP. THREE SECONDS after he started walking there is mass booing. Your fanbase are full of ArsenalFanTV entitled cunts. There's a reason you have become a meme.
    You're not wrong you know

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such uninformed bollocks. Every team has booed their own players on occasion, every team.

The Rosk
    Such uninformed bollocks. Every team has booed their own players on occasion, every team.
    uninformed
    /ʌnɪnˈfɔːmd/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    not having or showing awareness or understanding of the facts.

Oh

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using social media trolls and idiots from Arsenal FanTv to sum up an entire fanbase is uninformed.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using social media trolls and idiots from Arsenal FanTv to sum up an entire fanbase is uninformed.
    Lets not go through your posts and find where you've done the same thing about Spurs or Liverpool fans.

If a group of people started wishing your wife dead or cancer on your kids and then everyone including that group of people started booing you after you'd given plenty of effort (regardless of skill level) then I think you'd tell them to fuck off too. Luckily I've never been subjected to anyone wishing anyone I loved dead or cancer ridden but I can imagine it would do some psychological damage and I'd react negatively too.

The Rosk

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely think he's shown a bit of character and should be proud of himself for not rolling over and apologising. He's doing what he thinks is right and not what is easy. I applaud that.

Arsenal should have backed him more too instead we get the usual dickheads like Ian Wright whinging on about how it's a disgrace. It's not it's a toxic element to the fanbase who are seeping through the rest of the crowd now.

The Rosk
    I 100% agree.