User Tag List

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to have a heart attack before this season ends. I didn't enjoy that game tonight at all. We should have scored a few goals in the opening twenty minutes, but then the team became very nervous. Thank the lord for Barry Ferguson.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rangers play like that we'll have a sneaky chance.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    Thank the lord for Barry Ferguson.

Andy
    What are the odds like for a Rangers quadruple now? I fancy them for it.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers fans, quick question - are you all going down to Manchester or going to the beamback at Ibrox?

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be watching The Bill.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    I'll be watching The Bill.

Even for a dirty rat scumbagging bastard it's impossible not to love you a little something something.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but I will be at Ibrox which is a fucking disgrace but all of my family have said theres no point going down without a ticket (which I think is bollocks personally). So Govan it is.

IRREPLACEABLE Fulham Road Supporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say chance it but it's not far to go so any spares will probably be snapped up before heading south.

In hindsight I wish I'd entered the UEFA cup ballot even if it means sitting with the neutrals. My dad got offered two tickets for £550 each, way too overpriced fuck that.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was all booked for Manchester but now I can't get the day off work. Wankers.

Probably end up at Ibrox.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stonewall penalty for Dundee United and Cousin firing in the head butts again. Guess he never learns. Rangers let off the hook yet again. Dreadful side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am quite fickle when it comes to Cousin. I have changed my mind on him quite a few times. But basically he is a talented tit. Hopefully we can get a few million for him in the summer.

We played really well in the first half. We should have had the game totally wrapped up. Novo was amazing. The second goal was goal of the season. Cousin should look at Novo and his attitude. Cousin has more natual talent than Novo, but I know who I would rather have in my side.

Then we got a few lucky breaks and Dundee Utd started to get into the game. Of course, they had to score, just to make things interesting. But we kept calm and we got a deserved third.

Nice to see Furman come on. He looks to be a real talent. He was always looking for the ball and played a superb quick free kick for Novo.

Now then pressue is on Celtic. Come on Hibs!

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 away games to come for Rangers. They'll lose one at least. They are brutal.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakas old firm goal was goal of the season mofo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    Nakas old firm goal was goal of the season mofo

It was a fluke.

We will win the away games, because we know how to grind out results. We might not need to win them all anyway. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, all those great wins in the past 6 weeks shows that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be tight. If we had two games a week, we would win at least the SPL and Scottish Cup. But with so many games, anything could happen.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop making excuses for your team.

Andy
    That's hardly excuses, the SPL/SFA have treated Rangers absolutely appallingly over their fixtures. Getting to the UEFA Cup final is a great acheievement for a club from such a small country, they should be doing everything they can to help them.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clubs who get to cup finals should be able to cope with the amount of games they play because of it. It's practically impossible to sort out the fixtures so that nobody is disadvantaged. It's been widely reported that players have had to cancel holidays or pay money to get them shifted. Why should players of Hibs, Dundee Utd etc suffer because Rangers want a couple of days extra rest before a game?

Andy
    Can you not see the bigger picture here? Perhaps for the benefit of Scottish football?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly does Rangers winning the UEFA Cup do for Scottish football? Fuck off with your 'bigger picture' bollocks.

Andy
    It's not bollocks at all.

A win for Rangers raises their profile, attracts better players, gets respect for the club and the country. Don't try and say none of that is true.

Rangers have been treated disgracefully badly and you know it. Don't give me any bollocks about they should have to play all their games in a couple of weeks. Zenit have had games postponed etc by their FA, forcing a few people to cancel holidays isn't the end of the fucking world. If Rangers win it will benefit Scottish football, if they end up losing badly, like Boro did the other year, it's no good for anyone, especially when they weren't given the time they should have been.

I don't know how you can possibly deny that Rangers have been treated badly.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A win for Rangers only helps Rangers, nobody else.

You're saying that players losing holidays isn't the end of the world, but if your job changed a deadline and forced you to miss a holiday, you'd be pretty fucked off about it.

Rangers don't deserve any special treatment. The end of it is that not extending the season only puts Rangers at a disadvantage. Extending the season only serves to put players out of pocket, which is wrong.

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A win for Rangers raises Scotland's UEFA coefficient. If wiki's to be believed you're currently 10th, 6 points and 2 places off 8th which would give two extra UEFA cup spots to Scotland. A win might not close that gap entirely but it'll certainly help, it's far from a one-way thing anyway.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would help if the UEFA Cup wasn't a complete joke competition.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one helped Celtic a few years back.

Andy
    And they were wrong not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It's not bollocks at all.

A win for Rangers raises their profile, attracts better players, gets respect for the club and the country. Don't try and say none of that is true.
    And there you have just admitted Melv's point, it benefits Rangers! If Rangers were to win on Wednesday do you think they would think it was a win for Scottish football, or a win for Rangers? They are not looking out for Scottish football's interest, they are only looking out for their own. If they really cared about Scottish football would they have pulled out four players from a Scotland squad declaring them unfit only for them to miraculously recover for a game against Celtic? Or for that matter take Scotland's manager during Euro 2008 qualification?

Yes there is a fixture congestion for Rangers and while some have been due to unforseen circumstances, Phil O'Donnell's death etc they requested for a game to be postened against Gretna, they failed to beat both Hibs and Partick Thistle in the Scottish cup first time around resulting in replays and their own state of the Art stadium failed to deal with a bit of rain against East Stirling.

Oh also Rangers were really keen to help out Scottish Football in 2000....

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Hearts had asked the Ibrox club to put back the game, but Rangers turned down their request after consultation with manager Dick Advocaat.

But in a similar situation last October the Edinburgh outfit agreed to switch a fixture between the two clubs to help Rangers' Champions League campaign.

Andy
    Of course Rangers don't care about anyone else, I didn't suggest otherwise.

Every club will look out for themselves, but my point still stands. It benefits more people than Rangers to do everything possible to give them the best chance of winning that competition. Look at the long term, not whether or not someone from Dundee United will have to cancel a flight to Ibiza.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Manchester United or Chelsea had gotten into the FA final do you think that the FA would have moved the date for that so that both clubs could have the week off before the Champions League?

Or if it was Chelsea v Man Utd in the UEFA cup this week would they have rearranged the whole last day of the season so they had this weekend off?

Why should the SPL bend over backwards to help one of its members when the rest of the members don't want it to do so? Would you be happy if Tottenham started getting games moved, games also involving Arsenal moved cause they made the UEFA cup final? Or if the ENglish FA had moved the final day of the season to accomidate Manchester United and Chelsea and ended up putting it on a Thursday night would you be happy if Arsenal where still in with a chance of winning the league? We play today, the 11th, our final game is now on the 22, would you be happy with that big a gap between the second last and final game?

Andy
    English football doesn't need any help. And there would never be a situation where any team would have to play so many games in two weeks, even if they did get to every final possible.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boro in 2006:

March
    Thu 30 20:45 A FC Basel UEFA

April
    Sun 2 15:00 A Manchester City PREM
    Thu 6 20:00 H FC Basel UEFA
    Sun 9 15:00 H Newcastle PREM
    We 12 20:05 H Charlton FACP
    Sat 15 15:00 A Portsmouth PREM
    Mon 17 15:00 H West Ham Utd PREM
    Thu 20 20:45 A S Bucuresti UEFA
    Sun 23 16:00 H West Ham Utd FACP
    Thu 27 20:02 H S Bucuresti UEFA
    Sat 29 15:00 H Everton PREM

May
    Mon 1 20:00 A Man Utd PREM
    Wed 3 20:00 A Bolton PREM
    Sun 7 15:00 A Fulham PREM
    Wed 10 19:45 H Sevilla Futbol UEFA

Andy
    English football is totally different. Zenit is a good comparison; league on the up, with some good players. They do incredibly well to get to the UEFA Cup Final, so their FA do all they can to ensure they get as much preperation in as possible to do as well as they can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Russian league has only had 10 rounds of games played so far so there is still plenty of time to fit in the fixtures.

Andy
    I honestly can't believe more people can't see that the SFA have got this one totally wrong.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't got it wrong you knob end, plus your attempts to argue that they have have been well and truly destroyed. Why the fuck should anyone else help Rangers win trophies?

And then what if they go and get their rest but get battered by Lokomotiv anyway? Then all that's done is help them win the SPL. How is that fair?
    Last edited by El Capitano Gatisto; May 11th, 2008 at 9:57 AM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy talks rubbish for a living.

Andy

I genuinely think it would be good for Scottish football for the SFA to help Rangers out. Scottish football isn't exactly flourishing, but the general quality seems to be improving. Surely Rangers winning the UEFA Cup final can only help that continue.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I genuinely think it would be good for Scottish football for the SFA to help Rangers out. Scottish football isn't exactly flourishing, but the general quality seems to be improving. Surely Rangers winning the UEFA Cup final can only help that continue.
    How?

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already posted how. Higher coefficient = more European places = better league. I don't know if the gain from this one game would be enough to justify the disadvantages but it would clearly help to a degree.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my god of course it's good for scottish football if a scottish league side wins a major (well after champs league and the intertoto) European competiton. Sponsorship, money, credibility, outside interest, co-efficient thingie (ahem) etc... really doesn't take a genius to work out why it's a good thing.

If it's logistically unworkable that's a different matter, but all you bloody Catholics coming in with your 'doesn't help Scottish football if they win' shite is just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far this month they have played Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, that is hardly a harsh schedule, many teams have had to play two games in a week due to European football, plus is the trip from Glasgow to Manchester that long that they can't play the Saturday before at 12.30?

If they are moaning about having to play Saturday, Monday and then Thursday, and I think now we are getting down to their real agenda for them wanting the league extended further, then that has fuck all to do with the good of Scottish football and all to do with Rangers looking out for Rangers.
    Last edited by J; May 11th, 2008 at 3:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    So far this month they have played Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, that is hardly a harsh schedule, many teams have had to play two games in a week due to European football, plus is the trip from Glasgow to Manchester that long that they can't play the Saturday before at 12.30?

If they are moaning about having to play Saturday, Monday and then Thursday, and I think now we are getting down to their real agenda for them wanting the league extended further, then that has fuck all to do with the good of Scottish football and all to do with Rangers looking out for Rangers.
    Rangers are clearly looking out for Rangers. They're not so benevolent they do everything for the benefit of scottish football, or they'd have lent half their best players to Motherwell or someone to try and make the league less boring this year.

However, occasionally the best interests of rangers might just coincide with the best interests of scottish football.

Rangers winning the UEFA cup would be good for scottish football as a whole.

TO be fair you're isinuating they're trying to do it to gain an advantage in the league.. I dont really know enough about the situation to comment on this.

I would say that UEFA's stupid fucking gay bollocksing up of the UEFA cup makes fixture congestion a bit inevitable, but I wouldn't have thought it would make quite so much difference at the business end of the season as it would nearer the start. (WAFA group stages and stuff)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that today Celtic and Hibs played their second last game of the season, the league was supposed to finish a week today. Due to fixture pile up though and Rangers reaching the UEFA cup final the final day of the season has been put back (at short notice) to a week on Thursday, that means Celtic, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen have a week and a half to wait for their final game of the season. Rangers want the season extended further, this would make it an even bigger gap for Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and would possibly mean a rearangement for the Scottish Cup final. Queen of the South, one of the finalists, have not played since the 26th of April.

Imagine if all Villa's fixtures got moved about because it was the Champions league final this week and Manchester United and Chelsea wanted the weekend before it off.

Extending the league doesn't benefit Scottish Football, moving the Scottish Cup final won't benefit Scottish Football.

Rangers should be able, as a professional football team be able to play on the Saturday then travel down to Manchester and play on a Wednesday night. They have had help this season, the asked for a game against Gretna to be postponed on a Saturday so they had time to prepare for a champions league group game, they got it, the lost the champions league group game (before you ask, no it wasn't a game in the furtherest corner of Europe, it was at home to Lyon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah right fair enough then really.

I should probably find out what I'm talking about before blundering in ranting about Catholics and such

A scottish side winning a European competition would probably do more to improve scottish football in the next few years than fucking up the domestic league this season would damage it... but that doesn't mean it should happen of course.

i wasn't aware of the impact on other teams and am going to blame the BBC for their one sided reporting of the issue to cover for my laziness and subsequent ignorance.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Pablo_Angel View Post
    oh my god of course it's good for scottish football if a scottish league side wins a major (well after champs league and the intertoto) European competiton. Sponsorship, money, credibility, outside interest, co-efficient thingie (ahem) etc... really doesn't take a genius to work out why it's a good thing.

If it's logistically unworkable that's a different matter, but all you bloody Catholics coming in with your 'doesn't help Scottish football if they win' shite is just ridiculous.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    The problem is that today Celtic and Hibs played their second last game of the season, the league was supposed to finish a week today. Due to fixture pile up though and Rangers reaching the UEFA cup final the final day of the season has been put back (at short notice) to a week on Thursday, that means Celtic, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen have a week and a half to wait for their final game of the season. Rangers want the season extended further, this would make it an even bigger gap for Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and would possibly mean a rearangement for the Scottish Cup final. Queen of the South, one of the finalists, have not played since the 26th of April.

Imagine if all Villa's fixtures got moved about because it was the Champions league final this week and Manchester United and Chelsea wanted the weekend before it off.

Extending the league doesn't benefit Scottish Football, moving the Scottish Cup final won't benefit Scottish Football.

Rangers should be able, as a professional football team be able to play on the Saturday then travel down to Manchester and play on a Wednesday night. They have had help this season, the asked for a game against Gretna to be postponed on a Saturday so they had time to prepare for a champions league group game, they got it, the lost the champions league group game (before you ask, no it wasn't a game in the furtherest corner of Europe, it was at home to Lyon).

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look and it seems that Rangers don't have a game today.

Has the world gone mad?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to see the incidents from the Rangers game. What a lot of shite that was. All I've heard is huns going on about the decisions we've had this season, but that game can shut them all the fuck up.

Stonewall penalty denied, perfectly good goal disallowed, Cousin not being sent off. All ridiculous decisions. A rangers fan that comes into my work even said that Broadfoot should've been sent off as well, but it didn't show you that.

McCurry has come out and admitted he got both decisions wrong, so when Levein gets into bother it'll be a fucking disgrace.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely gutted for the co-efficient lads.

I'm older than I wish to be
    This town holds no more for me
    All my life I try to find another way
    I don't care for your attitude
    You bring me down I think you're rude
    All my life I try to make a better day

It's hard enough being alone
    Sitting here by the phone
    Waiting for my memories
    To come and play

It's hard enough sitting there
    Rockin' in your rockin' chair
    It's all too much for me to take
    When you're not there

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shit, forgot about that. Scottish Football is fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic's Burns succumbs to cancer

Celtic legend Tommy Burns has died at the age of 51 after losing his long-running battle against cancer.

Burns had been undergoing treatment in both Glasgow and France in recent weeks after being diagnosed in March of this year.

In 2006, the former Scotland midfielder received treatment for skin cancer but it returned two years later.

He played for Celtic from 1974 to 1989 and was the club's first-team coach before being granted leave.

A statement from Celtic said: "Tommy, a true Celtic Legend and wonderful man will be sadly missed by us all. Clearly, our thoughts are very much with Tommy's wife Rosemary and his family at this extremely difficult time." [/b]
    R.I.P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just woke up, and thought I'd turn on the tv to see what the aftermath of last night was. Instead I see a SSN banner tribute to Tommy Burns.

Suddenly, the actions of a few idiots no longer seems that important, when one of the few gentlemen in football is gone at the age of 51.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rip tommy. true legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death is nothing at all.
    It does not count.
    I have only slipped away into the next room.
    Everything remains as it was.
    The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
    Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
    Call me by the old familiar name.
    Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
    Put no sorrow in your tone.
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
    Let it be spoken without effort
    Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
    There is unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
    I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
    All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
    One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
    How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

Nicest guy I knew, was always up for a chat and a laugh, Celtic today have lost one of the greatest members of its family.

Also some of the Rangers buses on the way back at Manchester are apparently stopping off at Parkhead to lay down scarfs, a nice touch.

R.I.P Tommy.
    Celtic jerseys are not for second best, They don't shrink to fit inferior players!

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't believe it when I heard about Tommy today. A very big loss to Scottish football.

RIP Tommy.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn.

R.I.P.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R. I. P. Tommy Burns: the man who brought the greatness of Pierre and Di Canio to British football.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R.I.P Tommy. He had the Celts playing some unreal football and but for Andy Goram (who broke his heart) we'd have been Champions that year. 1 defeat all season.

Legend!!

I'm older than I wish to be
    This town holds no more for me
    All my life I try to find another way
    I don't care for your attitude
    You bring me down I think you're rude
    All my life I try to make a better day

It's hard enough being alone
    Sitting here by the phone
    Waiting for my memories
    To come and play

It's hard enough sitting there
    Rockin' in your rockin' chair
    It's all too much for me to take
    When you're not there

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Tommy Burns. I think I'm right in saying he was one of those Celtic guys universally respected by the Bears, no matter how good he played against us. Condolences to his family.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Finally got to see the incidents from the Rangers game. What a lot of shite that was. All I've heard is huns going on about the decisions we've had this season, but that game can shut them all the fuck up.

Stonewall penalty denied, perfectly good goal disallowed, Cousin not being sent off. All ridiculous decisions. A rangers fan that comes into my work even said that Broadfoot should've been sent off as well, but it didn't show you that.

McCurry has come out and admitted he got both decisions wrong, so when Levein gets into bother it'll be a fucking disgrace.

It'd be karma if Rangers got banned for europe because of wednesday and Motherwell got the second champions league spot and Dundee Utd would get the UEFA cup spot.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    It'd be karma if Rangers got banned for europe because of wednesday and Motherwell got the second champions league spot and Dundee Utd would get the UEFA cup spot.
    It would be karma if Bristol City hammered Hull in the play off final for you make such a stupid statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be karma for Thistle to get into Europe, if we're talking karma in the sense of things we'd like to see.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be karma if Nacho Novo died in his sleep.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabba! View Post
    It would be karma if Bristol City hammered Hull in the play off final for you make such a stupid statement.
    If Bristol City beat us and we ran riot in london like Rangers fans did in manchester then yeah it would be karma.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KSJDHFSDIUJGHBKRJGHKDJSNDLKJN

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WERE WINNING THE LEAGUE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were awful today. Punt. Punt. Punt.

We need to go out and destroy St. Mirren, to put the pressue on Celtic.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Rangers are fucking it all up.

After Wednesday night I hope they win fuck all.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    KSJDHFSDIUJGHBKRJGHKDJSNDLKJN

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WERE WINNING THE LEAGUE.
    Calm down, we still have to win our games.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game. Not games.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post

We were awful today. Punt. Punt. Punt.

We need to go out and destroy St. Mirren, to put the pressue on Celtic.
    If Rangers destroy St Mirren it will mean St Mirren have lay down.

Rangers don't have more than 2 goals in them. They are a defensive outfit. They'll probably blatter st mirren 5 but in my opinion, if Celtic win on Thurs they are champions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    Calm down, we still have to win our games.
    Which is a lot better than rangers being 2 points ahead with like 5 games in hand.

I AM ALLOWED TO BE EXCITED YOU POTATO FUCK.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to Melv SLARE. He's a scummy Liverpool fan that conceded the league ages ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be lots of fun in Dundee on Thursday night when Celtic win the league and Rangers go past on their way home!

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly Toe View Post
    Should be lots of fun in Dundee on Thursday night when Celtic win the league and Rangers go past on their way home!
    Probably not, Rangers would never cause havoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to stay calm about this, been here twice now and we both know how that worked out, my nerves would be reduced by St Mirren causing a shock but not until the final whistle will I celebrate being champions.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely not in the bag yet like a lot of folk are acting. I wouldn't be surprised if Calderwood did Rangers another favour like in 2003, although I don't know if the players would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    It's definitely not in the bag yet like a lot of folk are acting. I wouldn't be surprised if Calderwood did Rangers another favour like in 2003, although I don't know if the players would.
    I can assure you that he won't be doing that this time.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gretna have laid off all 40 of their remaining staff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...na/7408191.stm

Looks like they're about to stop existing and day now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to Manchester, I went to a little place called Picidilly Gardens, I won't be going back.

Stay tuned for a more in depth story when I can be bothered typing it all out.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    St Christopher caused the riots.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word from inside Ibrox apparently is that Kenny Miller has signed.

Andy
    I thought Walter Smith had been promised money to sign 'class' players.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on, St Chris. Give us the details. You can't pop in, say that and then leave us hanging!

Little to no chance of it happening, but I hope Rangers win five or six nil tonight. Just to make it interesting going into the final day. Just to give them that little bit of hope, before Celtic win the title.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miller's probably going for a couple of million, and I think he's a really really underrated player. Always does the business whenever I've seen him play.

Andy
    You wouldn't exactly call him a class player though.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but he's worth it for the price he's probably going for.

Andy
    Not if he doesn't make a difference to the team.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    I went to Manchester, I went to a little place called Picidilly Gardens, I won't be going back.

Stay tuned for a more in depth story when I can be bothered typing it all out.
    I got the impression from that post that you're going to blame Manchester....

If so fuck right off.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if he doesn't make a difference to the team.
    It's pretty clear that Rangers are lacking ideas up front. Miller would be the perfect partner for someone like Boyd, plus he can play up top on his own. He's obviously going to add to their team.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an absolute disgrace. St Mirren are a joke. Rangers are gonna win this 8-0.

Pathetic, usual SPL teams.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a rubbish team St Mirren are. Jokers.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they were going to score about 4 or 5. 3-0 is still a decent result for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here it goes.

So last Tuesday morning it was status quo, we (me, brother and my cousin) are going to Ibrox I was going to be the peasant to wait all day to make sure we got in okay. First rumblings about "fuck it, let's do it, let's go down to Manchester" start to surface, usual bollocks occur I've no money, I've got some I'll sub you, I'll see if I can get time off blah blah blah basically we decide to go down. We leave at 6pm on the Tuesday to stay with my cousins mate who lives in Huddersfield (fucking journey took 6 1/2 hours, fuck me, we had bitches in the car who wanted to stop at every motherfucking services on the way as well as going the wrong way at one point. We get in about 12:30am, quick game of poker and a few beers then off to bed for an early start. Up about 7am to catch the train into Manchester at 10:30am (don't ask).

Manchester at 10:30am is already starting to get pretty full, my first impressions is the place is actually quite nice, I like tram lines and shit (didn't know the place had any) also noticed rather a lot of intoxicated gers fans, which at the time I thought was a bit much but realistic considering it's us (Scots). Made my way up to the Gardens for about 11:00am found a great spot right next to the Carlsberg tent (just to the left of the screen)...hindsight being 20/20 what a disater that spot would later become. As I said it was me, bruv, cous, his wife, daughter & (hot) kinda disabled friend and finally his son. We didn't do much planning (again another mistake on our parts) so basically some of us would man the spot we are in whilst others went to get food, drink, toilet etc etc throughout the day. I am genuinely a handicapped fucker so my legs was killing me from about noon onwards at about noon time Manchester was full, I didn't think it would be possible to get any more people (how wrong I would be) in, every street you looked up was a sea of blue. And again the amount of steaming paraletic people was ernomous (as one Rangers fan would say to me later, "you really have to wonder if they came to see the game at all") the garden itself was just packed, I gave up trying to sit down at about 2:00pm (I was getting sun burnt as well people falling on me every 30 secs). The fans also seemed to like playing a game called kick the leather football high in the air and then laugh at the poor sod it would clunk off of on the way down (who knew they would take this game and turn it into a blood sport later).

So yeah fast forward 9 hours, ooopppps no wait, there was an incident about tea time when the garden was starting to over flow with people, some took it upon themselves to climb onto the Carlsberg beer tent roof (which was obviously unstable to say the least). Fans started chucking things at them to get down and where being booed, there was this one fan (who someone said was wearing a Zenit top, looked Rangers to me but whatever, I am blind I guess) that was pelted non stop, he tried taking it but the cans and bottles starting to rain on him, didn't see him ever again. So yeah, my legs are killing me, I've got sun burn and I gave up trying to have a pint at about 11:45am that morning but still it was 7:00pm and the build up was supposed to begin on the big screen, by this time the garden was just fucking mental, I honestly can't describe it, you just couldn't move, so so so crazy with the amount of people and they where hanging of buildings, never mind in the streets itself. A few of us clocked on about 7:15pm there was no build up but not to worry, everyone was still singing there hearts out and looking out for balls in the air.

At about 7:40pm there was this wee message (like a computer dialogue box) at the bottom left handside of the big screen (I couldn't make it out) but people where booing because off it, of course this would pail in comparison at 7:45pm when no football came on the crowd was going nuts (but not quite hostile yet), that came at about 7:50pm when the technician wrote on the big screen there was a problem transmitting the game. Fuck me, crowd basically went beserk, people at this point where either trying to get out or throw things at the big screen/technician guy...he was trying to plead his case threw texting on the screen but the crowd had lost it by this time. As my lot where in front of the screen it was getting really scary because the retards (and I use that term loosely) thought it would be fun to throw buckfast bottles/full cans of beer/bud bottles towards the screen and what actually was happening it was hitting all us at the front and we are pegged in because theres so many people. At about 7:55 the place had emptied slightly (enough for us to hide under the carlsberg tent) fans where fighting each other, people where busted open, there was fans trying to climb the fence in front of the big screen to get to the big screen and techy guy (I presume) it was mayhem, the technician guy had already fucked off by this point (and no wonder) just what those fucking scum thought they would achieve by throwing shit at the screen is beyond me and they obviously didn't give a fuck about there "own" support. Anyway we still hadn't escaped the garden yet and more and more people where fighting/bleeding, I was hit in the back of the neck with a full can of beer because some Rangers fans where (bizarrely celebrating) and I came out of the tent to find out if we had scored (thats the kinda loyal fan I am ), turns out we hadn't scored and that zenit had a penalty but they missed that which of course was also bollocks so I still don't know what the wankers where cheering about but it cost me a bloody sore neck to not find out. So we managed to escape at about 8:10, the girls where pretty shaking up, me, cuz and brother tried to form a triangle round them and we headed up the nearest street that was the emptiest of people. We where all kinda stunned at what happened we decided the best thing was to head back to Huddersfield, which we did, I still haven't seen any of the game to this day. I've already heard and seen the excuses but here's my take on it.

Something through out the day wasn't quite right but that was a personal thing with me, Manchester council obviously underestimated the amount of Rangers they where expecting and didn't provide accordingly. According to my cousin they had stop letting people coming into the garden about 6:00pm. Problem with that is, the place was already far too full and the toilets where situated outside of the fucking place so people who had family and been waiting all day to see the game where now being denied access, understandbly these people where going beserk. The council should have employed either a ticket entry/first come first serve to the garden and restricted the flow of people coming (as well as put the toilets in the place itself) because again I cannot find the word to tell you how squeezed in we all where. To the fans that rioted I would like to say fuck you, fuck you very much and to call yourself Rangers fans quite frankly sickens me, I am truly amazed no one was killed, especially when you condiser all the factors (bottles in the air, people trying to kick each others heads in and must obvious one the crushing that happened because of these antics).

I didn't type this sooner because I didn't want to think about everything again. I learned to new Carlos Cuellar songs, so I guess I can be happy about that (sense the tone to the people who think I'm serious about that, although the are bloody brillant).

I don't blame Manchester, just one of those things that happens happened I definitely understand the frustration of the fans but trying to bottle someone to death who it trying to fix the problem isn't the best way to go about it, as well as bottling your own support and then turning on them. I like a drink as much as the next guy but I refer back to my fellow Rangers fan comment "you really have to wonder if they came to see the game at all" amen brother.

edit - I'll sort the grammar/spelling mistakes tomorrow, too tired tongiht.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually feel sorry for you now. Sounds like it was turned into an absolute shit occassion for you when it should have been a celebration.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was celebrating.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walter Smith has asked Manchester Police for a friendly in the summer as they are the only squad they have attacked in Europe all year.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fruit.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BANNED.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just on St Christopher's post, I'm saddened to see a decent fan couldn't get to enjoy the day his team got to a European cup final due to a bunch of absolute jokers. I'd be gutted if that happened to me.