User Tag List

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saints have nae chance? Rangers are like Germany at shootouts from my memory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god, paul bloody sheerin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must be his first goal since he took the Thistle up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!!!!!! Good one Hemdani.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hemdani.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the depressing inevitability of it all....

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Helluva performance though, absolutely proud of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers are crap

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously gutted, but hey QOS are in Europe.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Typical.
    What he said.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least we can laugh at the fact that Rangers have a couple of injury problems, and the fact that not only did it take extra time and penalties to beat St Johnstone, but they were 1-0 down and it took a penalty for them to get it to the shootout in the first place.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the fact that they looked utter jobby.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utter, utter jobby.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting to worry quite a bit now, the legs are slowly going, injuries, suspensions there all starting to creep up on us and I'm not sure we can get through Fiorentina (H), Celtic (A), Fiorentina (A), Hibs (A) unscaved. So many tough games with no rest and already tired players.

The worst that could happen is 2nd in the league, semi final in Uefa cup, CIS winners and finalists of the Scottish Cup. Realistically of that lot I think 2nd in the league, Uefa semi finalists and winners of the Scottish Cup and CIS Cup, as a Rangers fan at the begining of the season I think the majority of us would have taken that. However from the position we are currently in I fear a lot of Rangers fans would be rather upset if this where to happen.

Tough times ahead.

Come on the gers...

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have taken finishing second in the league at the start of the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    You would have taken finishing second in the league at the start of the season?

Looking back, yes I think so. I wouldn't have been over the moon about it obviously but I just wanted to see Rangers progressing, Celtic over the last two years have been pretty dominant the fact that Walter has steadied the ship and actually has us contending this year is a pretty big thing. I never seen this coming and even though Rangers have played some dire stuff this year I will never question Walter again just on the back of what he's achieved this year.

By the way QoS being in Europe next year is fucking nonsense and absolutely NOT a good thing for Scotland.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hilarious though.

Even without them, the UEFA Cup is still a joke.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    By the way QoS being in Europe next year is fucking nonsense and absolutely NOT a good thing for Scotland.
    I can only apologise for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Calderwood confirmed at lunchtime that Jackie McNamara has left the club.

Jimmy spoke to the former Celt this morning and it was agreed that he would leave with immediate effect.

"He had a year left in his contract but he has decided not to take it up. It is very sad for us. He is a great professional and it has been a pleasure to work with him."

"I didn't want a knee-jerk reaction following the disappointments of the Queen of the South game and gave him time to discuss matters with his family. However between travelling and injuries it's been a frustrating spell for him and he's decided to leave. He'll certainly be a big loss"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the happy face? Was he not a success at Aberdeen?

Also Chris, what is McCoist's role in the Scottish Cup, does he just do the interviews in the lead up to the game? Just that it seemed everyone was say he was in charge of the Scottish Cups games but in the break before extra time it was Smith who was on the field giving instructions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was atrocious and took a hissy fit after being subbed in the semi final.

A shame really because I was delighted when we signed him, but he is just totally past it now.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Why the happy face? Was he not a success at Aberdeen?

Also Chris, what is McCoist's role in the Scottish Cup, does he just do the interviews in the lead up to the game? Just that it seemed everyone was say he was in charge of the Scottish Cups games but in the break before extra time it was Smith who was on the field giving instructions.
    I don't think it's ever been said publically, but McCoist picks the team for Scottish Cup matches.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE
    Although rangers have done well in playing to thier strengths this year, nobody in thier right mind can even attempt to argue that you are a better team than us. We have not perfomed consistently enough and been slack at the back at times, but celtic have played better, more attractive and more positive football than your lot.
    Play more attractive, positive football all you want mate. Come back when it wins you games.

You might be better to watch and play better football, but who gives a fuck? It's doesn't make you a better team than us like you claim. The best team is the one that wins more games, not the one that plays better football. There's a difference between better footballers and a better team.

At least we can laugh at the fact that Rangers have a couple of injury problems, and the fact that not only did it take extra time and penalties to beat St Johnstone, but they were 1-0 down and it took a penalty for them to get it to the shootout in the first place.
    As opposed to the Celtic team who took 94 minutes to beat Rangers with our goalie off injured and our best player sent off?

Rangers are fucking shattered. No excuses, purely because Celtic had a run-in much like this one when they reached the UEFA Cup final and lost the league, albeit without half the team injured. Now it's our turn. I'm still very, very confident of winning the league.

IRREPLACEABLE Fulham Road Supporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected more from Hampden Park, looked alright from the outside but Rangers fans are right, it's a shithole. Would have been good if it was at capacity and we made some noise, it was all Saints fan all game, even when they were singing can you hear the Rangers' sing repeatedly it didn't cause a reaction.

Buffel was far and away our best player I thought, Novo was playing the Anelka role of just being on the wing when he should've been in the box.

Cuellar was way too casual, first twenty minutes he was just making too many mistakes, the whole defence seemed off the pace, for sheer effort I'd have given Novo the captaincy, battled hard throughout, you'd think Cousin would have fucking tried baring in mind he is fighting for his place, and if he's def off in the summer then drop the cunt, he was bollocks.

Good to see Jody Morris' penalty get saved too :d.

Also, on Saturday I am going to attempt to nick the Nakamura song about Ji-Sung Park.

McCoist spent the whole game standing up on the sideline shouting and going mental. Not sure if he was in charge but it did seem he was pulling all the strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always thought Jackie Mac was a hell of player for both Celtic and Scotland, surely he contribute somewhere.

I honestly don't know J, as David said most of us think he has the Scottish Cup games. I'm not entirely sure on this one though by the looks of it he does but when things that happened on Sun (the injuries) occur I'm sure Walter will have the final say on what happens.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    As opposed to the Celtic team who took 94 minutes to beat Rangers with our goalie off injured and our best player sent off?
    The ball was going in before your best player saved it and got sent off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always thought Jackie Mac was a hell of player for both Celtic and Scotland, surely he contribute somewhere.
    He was a fantastic player for Celtic and Scotland, and like I said I was delighted when we signed him.

He just doesn't have it anymore unfortunately and the experience he was going to give us in the UEFA Cup didn't really matter much when he was so poor. It was pretty clear when we played Panatahaikos that he wasn't the same player he was in his last season at Celtic.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham Road Supporter View Post
    I expected more from Hampden Park, looked alright from the outside but Rangers fans are right, it's a shithole.
    Sorry mate, but we don't think it's generally a good idea to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds on a stadium that doesn't really get used that often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hampden should have been so much better. There should have been at least 70,000 seats. Plus, most of the stands aren't close enough to the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But when the attendance is 26,000 for a cup semi, is that justifiable? Would you get 70,000 for qualifiers had you been far from qualifying? Not saying you wouldn't, I don't know the answer, I thought the old Hampden held 200k so maybe this should be bigger.

I'm suprised UEFA held a Champions League final there with it's capacitiy.

Yeah think it should be closer too, I didn't like the track around the pitch, that shouldn't be there.

Sorry mate, but we don't think it's generally a good idea to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds on a stadium that doesn't really get used that often.
    True. Thats one thing that's alright about it, it it wasn't designed to look stupidly impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McCoist spent the whole game standing up on the sideline shouting and going mental. Not sure if he was in charge but it did seem he was pulling all the strings.
    Yeah like David and Chris said I thought that he was in charge of picking the teams etc though when I saw Walter Smith talking to the players before extra time I just wondered if I had got it wrong.

I expected more from Hampden Park
    I'm not a fan of it myself, the distance between the fans and the pitch is too far and I feel Parkhead and Ibrox allow for better atmospheres. I also believe that a Scottish Cup Semi Final should only be played there if its Celtic v Rangers. Although saying that I am not sure where else I would have played Sunday's game, but an empty Hampden for semi-finals has been a problem for the past few years.

I also feel that International games could be toured around Scotland as well, only leave the big games (France and Italy for example) to be played at Hampden. Teams like the Faroes, etc could play up in Aberdeen etc.

He was a great player for us, done well as captain and I was sad to see him leave for Wolves when he did. I seem to remember him picking up an injury down there though that kept him out for a while, perhaps from there he never got back to his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'm not a fan of it myself, the distance between the fans and the pitch is too far and I feel Parkhead and Ibrox allow for better atmospheres. I also believe that a Scottish Cup Semi Final should only be played there if its Celtic v Rangers. Although saying that I am not sure where else I would have played Sunday's game, but an empty Hampden for semi-finals has been a problem for the past few years.

I also feel that International games could be toured around Scotland as well, only leave the big games (France and Italy for example) to be played at Hampden. Teams like the Faroes, etc could play up in Aberdeen etc.
    I agree with you that there's a bit too much distance between the fans and the pitch at Hampden, but I'd never want the qualifying games moved from there unless there was a good reason for it.

Saying that though, there were 50,059 fans at the Faroes game in 2006 so playing it at somewhere like Pittodrie would be pointless as so many people would miss out on going and, of course, the SFA would lose a lot of money on it as well.

Friendlies are the only games which should be toured around the country I think. There was only 28,821 people at the Croatia game, so that should have probably been moved elswhere to somewhere like Easter Road or Tynecastle.

Semis at Hampden are fine by me as well. There was over 20,000 fans at Hampden for both semi finals this season so I don't see any need for those games to be moved anywhere else.

In saying that though, if the two teams are from the North of Glasgow like we were in the CIS semi against Dundee Utd then there is obviously a case for playing it at somewhere like Tynecastle like we did this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SPL prepares for season extension
    The Scottish Premier League has decided to extend its season by four days - until 22 May - if Rangers reach the Uefa Cup final.

It has taken the unprecedented step of publishing two sets of fixtures for the final set of games.

Rangers' title rivals, Celtic, had already warned of their opposition to any extension to the season.

But the SPL insists that there was no alternative because of the number of postponed fixtures this season.

Secretary Iain Blair said: "It is well documented that this has been an exceptionally challenging season in terms of fixturing.

"The combination of a number of diverse circumstances has produced unparalleled scheduling problems."

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had suggested that any extension would threaten the integrity of the competition.

And St Mirren had also stated that they had booked a team holiday and would therefore oppose any change.

But, should Rangers beat Fiorentina to reach the Uefa Cup final, St Mirren will have to host the Glasgow outfit on Tuesday 20 May.

"Our aim throughout has been to protect the integrity of the competition, balance the interests of our member clubs and have regard to player welfare and fixturing precedent," said Blair.

He described the proposal as "a modest extension to the season to enable Rangers FC to represent the SPL and all of Scottish football in the Uefa Cup final".

"It reflects the fact that the outstanding fixtures cannot reasonably be played in the available time and will involve some disruption for a number of our clubs," said Blair.

Rangers face four games in eight days whichever fixture list becomes reality.

If Rangers make the Uefa Cup final on 14 May, the last round of fixtures for the top six clubs - which must be played at the same time on the same day - will take place on Thursday 22 May.

The Ibrox side will also travel to Motherwell on 17 May, while Gretna's hosting of Hearts will be moved forward to 8 May.

If Walter Smith's team lose to Fiorentina, who visit Ibrox for the first leg on Thursday, Rangers will travel to face St Mirren on 13 May then Motherwell two days later.

Rangers, who won the CIS Cup in March, meet Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup final on 24 May.
    It's not often a Scottish team gets this far in Europe, so if they do manage to get there then this won't bother me.

Still don't want them to win it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad day for Scottish football if what I have heard is true.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabba! View Post
    Sad day for Scottish football if what I have heard is true.
    What have you heard?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really fair to say as I do not know for certain but I have been told a true legend of Scottish football died yesterday. I hope I have been informed wrong.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for telling us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumour was that Tommy Burns had died. But, thankfully, it appears to have just been a rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Officially there has been no update on his condition.
    Last edited by J; April 24th, 2008 at 7:16 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic game. Celtic thoroughly deserved it with their second half performance, I think.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssss

What a fucking game, even better than last week.
    Jesus christ.

ITS ALL GO NOW YOU DIRTY HUNS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically it's over, is it not?

It's a very hypothetical scenario that would see Celtic winning the title by my understanding, can't see Rangers dropping points in two of their games.

How many points do they need to win the title?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so if Celtic win their 3 remaining games, that will see them sat on 89 points.

Rangers are currently on 75 points with 6 games to play, which could give them a possible 18 points.

So, with Celtic's superior goal difference, one loss and one draw for Rangers would hand Celtic the title?

A lot closer than I thought then, carry on.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy! Rangers are muck. Slack defending as usual on set pieces or we'd have battered yas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What a fantastic game. Celtic thoroughly deserved it with their second half performance, I think.

Fuck off, Jay. How the fuck can you say that? We were far better in the first half. Second half was tight. That means we should win. Yeah? It was a joke. Hesselink should have been sent off. Hartley should have been sent off. Broadfoot should have been sent off and a free kick given. We were the better side today. Celtic are so so bad. It's unreal. We will still win the league, but fucking hell

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lost two games against them in a week and THEY are so so bad?

Surely the excitement of MASSIVE OLD FIRM GAMES wears off when they play each other about 87 times a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely the excitement of watching fucking Brentford against fucking Bradford wears off. Seriously, if you knew anything about fucking football, you would fuck off. Tit.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post

Fuck off, Jay. How the fuck can you say that? We were far better in the first half. Second half was tight. That means we should win. Yeah? It was a joke. Hesselink should have been sent off. Hartley should have been sent off. Broadfoot should have been sent off and a free kick given. We were the better side today. Celtic are so so bad. It's unreal. We will still win the league, but fucking hell
    aaaaaaaaahh. Get it right fuckin up ye! It's responses like this that make beating you even better. You sound as if you're actually crying.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday is a bit drunk.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its more exciting than participating in a 2 team joke league where you play Dundee four times a season and then having a game that's already happened about 50 times the highlight of that pathetic season, you fucking twat. Celtic beat you twice but ITS UNREAL HOW BAD THEY ARE. Yeah right mate, I know nothing about football.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely the excitement of watching fucking Brentford against fucking Bradford wears off. Seriously, if you knew anything about fucking football, you would fuck off. Tit.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Its more exciting than participating in a 2 team joke league where you play Dundee four times a season and then having a game that's already happened about 50 times the highlight of that pathetic season, you fucking twat. Celtic beat you twice but ITS UNREAL HOW BAD THEY ARE. Yeah right mate, I know nothing about football.
    What are you talking about here?

Friday supports Brechin anyway, so he really shouldn't care.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sasasgahsgahsgahsgahsghaWERE SO FUCKING BAD LASTSIXTEENBEATYOUTWICEINAWEEK.

You lost two games against them in a week and THEY are so so bad?

Surely the excitement of MASSIVE OLD FIRM GAMES wears off when they play each other about 87 times a season.

Spacker.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weve not played Dundee at all this season mate.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second half wasn't that tight. Celtic were the better team in the second half. Boruc barely had anything to do in the second half. And even though you were the better team in the first half, like I said, you still found yourselves at 2-2 at half time, so you can have no complaints, really. And while some of the decisions did go in Celtic's favour, quite a few went in your favour, as well. Over the ninety minutes, I think the referees decisions evened themselves out. Celtic deserved it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well put Jay.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant. I love a good snap now and again. Chill out mate, it's only football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game today, thought we done enough for the three points in the end, especially with our second half performance. Apart from a Novo shot after a Rangers counter attack I can not remember them ever really troubling. It also seemed like they chucked it at the end as well, we found space and kept control of the ball rather easily at times, especially when we took it into the corner. Pity McDonald squared the ball to Hesselink instead of hitting the shot himself as it would have been great to see him get a hat-trick.

It was poor defending at set-pieces that cost us Ranger's two goals but I have to say Gary Caldwell had a good game for us today, something I never thought I would say! When McManus went off he showed a lot more confidence and won nearly every header and tackle he went for. Man of the Match has to be Skippy though, in the past few weeks he has seemingly went off the boil but he was great today, right to the very end, especially in holding the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonLondon View Post
    Right, so if Celtic win their 3 remaining games, that will see them sat on 89 points.

Rangers are currently on 75 points with 6 games to play, which could give them a possible 18 points.

So, with Celtic's superior goal difference, one loss and one draw for Rangers would hand Celtic the title?

A lot closer than I thought then, carry on.
    With our goal difference we can win it if Rangers drop 4 points, so if they draw 2 of their last games then we are in with a shout. All we can really concentrate is winning our remaining three games, if we get 9 points then it's a possibility.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOD BLESS THE POPE!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/7370125.stm

And here's Damien Duff, Robbie Keane, and Stephen Carr celebrating the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhHzNBRXlo
    Last edited by wardy; April 28th, 2008 at 6:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afc.co.uk
    McDonald First In

Aberdeen have confirmed that Oldham Athletic midfielder Gary McDonald has signed a pre-contract agreement with the Pittodrie club that will see him become a Don when his current contract expires in the summer.

The 26 year old former Kilmarnock player has turned down a new offer from the Latics to return to Scotland and will put pen to a two year deal in the north east.

McDonald has played 91 times for Oldham since joining from Killie on a free transfer in the summer of 2006, scoring 12 times, including the spectacular winner in the Boundary Park's shock FA Cup victory over Everton earlier this season.

The midfielder, who can play on the right or in the centre, spent five years at Rugby Park, making 116 appearances and in the debut for the Scotland 'Futures' team three years ago, he scored against Poland.

Gary is delighted that his future has been sorted out. "I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at Oldham and was made a good offer to stay. However, the lure of returning to the SPL with such a great club as Aberdeen was a major factor in my decision and I can't wait for the new season to get underway."
    Can't say I remember him much from when he was at Kilmarnock, but hopefully he'll turn out good.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Rangers.

You lucky, jammy, flukey bastards.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell.

Did not see that coming.

Fair play Rangers, well defended. Cuellar is a fucking beast.

Fucking hell.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHA COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHA COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Absolute shite you fucking cheating, cunniving, bastards playing shite football, its terrible, you lot are so bad its unreal, thats not even football, youre going to win fuck all, shocking, game should be overturned /rangers fan

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question for the Rangers fans, I know you are still on course for winning all four trophies and I think this semi-final win could give you the legs and confidence to go on and win the league, but how do you feel about your style of play?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness, If rangers win this cup, it is almost all down to Cuellar, Weir and McGregor.
    Immense defensive work, and goalkeeping up to the injury.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ. We'd have walked the Uefa Cup this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nae mate, the referees aren't in your back pockets in Europe.

Andy
    lol1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post

I am still gutted about Wednesday night. Getting to the last 16 of the Champions League is better than winning the UEFA Cup. You can quote me on that when we do win the UEFA Cup.
    Obviously not won it, but worth quoting.

Take it you weren't celebrating tonight then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing Cousin for the final can only be a good thing, the guy doesn't show that his hearts in it and you'd have to be an idiot to do what he did tonight. Good justice that the twat that playacted then missed his penatly.

No chance of a ticket although my mate got two in the ballot, in hindsight I wish I'd enetered it.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done rangers. and I can't believe I'm saying it. I hope fernando ricksen defeats you in the final.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    In all seriousness, If rangers win this cup, it is almost all down to Cuellar, Weir and McGregor.
    Immense defensive work, and goalkeeping up to the injury.
    Youve ignored the fact that davis has bossed the centre against sporting lisbon and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing. I have to be honest, just before kick off, I didn't think that we would go through. But as the match went on, I started to think that we might just do it. They could still be trying to score against right now and I still don't think that they would break through. People can claim that it's anti-football and maybe it is. But for Rangers, it's intelligent football.

I must have watched the penalty shoot out about ten times now. The likes of Papac and Hemdani aren't great finishers, but they have bottle. Papac has never scored for us, but he was so calm. Hemdani missed against St. Johnstone, but he showed great courage and scored with probably the best penalty of the lot.

After going out of the Champions League, I was gutted. I didn't think that we would do anything in the UEFA Cup. But Rangers have proved everybody wrong this season. Now the team can become legends and win four trophies.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Youve ignored the fact that davis has bossed the centre against sporting lisbon and more.
    Fair point, Davis has also been terrific, but the fact is, he could play his heart out and still be let down with any average defence, which would've leaked a good number of goals.
    Your back four right now, particularly the two in the middle, are phenomenal.
    Well played rangers.
    To be honest, Id fucking love to win the league against them, but I wish them all the luck in the world in Manchester.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think Davis and Hemandi have contributed a lot with a weaker midfield the defense has even more to do. Also Steve has so much quality in keeping a ball and making the right pass he's always taking pressure away.

The lad is brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has been outstanding. I am desperate for him to stay. He will be a key player in the final. He wasn't even fit last night and he still put in a good shift.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still not as good as the last 16 of the Champions League anyway, so who cares?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice result that.

Going right down to the wire. Another wee draw against Motherwell/Dundee utd would be lovely.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers will probably win it on penalties.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time Rangers won in open play?

St. Johnstone
    Celtic
    Celtic
    Fiorentina
    Hibs

ITS A DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's going to go right down to the wire. Celtic don't have a couple of bankers left to play, so there will be a few twists and turns yet. If we score a couple of goals early on against Motherwell, Dundee Utd or St.Mirren, we need to keep going. We could catch up on the goal difference. But as long as we win every game, that won't matter anyway.

At least it's exciting.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers are crap.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's going to go right down to the wire. Celtic don't have a couple of bankers left to play, so there will be a few twists and turns yet. If we score a couple of goals early on against Motherwell, Dundee Utd or St.Mirren, we need to keep going. We could catch up on the goal difference. But as long as we win every game, that won't matter anyway.

At least it's exciting.
    Code:
    I'm shitting myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't deny that I'm shitting myself. But it's not like Celtic fans can be confident either. We have it in our own hands though and next up is a couple of home games.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very exciting.

I think Rangers will struggle with having to consistently attack, as they know now they cant really afford another draw (assuming we will beat Dundee Utd and Hibs).
    Cousin offers very little, and Novo looked pretty uncomfortable today for some reason.

Wednesday night is a biggie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    Rangers are crap.

Are not.

(You're average Celtic supporter)

The league's against us, the referee's hate us, it's not paranoia if they're out to get us blah blah blah blah....I've never realised what that is like, these last few weeks have brought us closer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    Very exciting.

I think Rangers will struggle with having to consistently attack, as they know now they cant really afford another draw (assuming we will beat Dundee Utd and Hibs).
    Cousin offers very little, and Novo looked pretty uncomfortable today for some reason.

Wednesday night is a biggie.

We have won every single game at home this season in the SPL, apart from one. So I am confident that we won't slip up against Motherwell or Dundee Utd. Motherwell away is a different kettle of fish and that could be tight. St.Mirren is going to be tricky because of the lack of breathing space. On the last day, I am sure that Aberdeen would love nothing more than stopping us winning the title. Plus, they might still be in with a shot of finishing 3rd.

Hibs have a decent record at going to Celtic Park though, don't they? They aren't going to be push overs. Dundee Away is then a tough one and it's not like Celtic don't have a history of bottling it on the last day.

Every game is a cup final now.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic will win their last two games. On form at the minute and winning games, instead of sitting back and defending like Rangers. It's hard for them to get out of that anti football style they have. I think they'll struggle.

The league is Celtic's.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have won every single game at home this season in the SPL, apart from one. So I am confident that we won't slip up against Motherwell or Dundee Utd. Motherwell away is a different kettle of fish and that could be tight. St.Mirren is going to be tricky because of the lack of breathing space. On the last day, I am sure that Aberdeen would love nothing more than stopping us winning the title. Plus, they might still be in with a shot of finishing 3rd.

Hibs have a decent record at going to Celtic Park though, don't they? They aren't going to be push overs. Dundee Away is then a tough one and it's not like Celtic don't have a history of bottling it on the last day.

Indeed, a lot of our fans seem to be thinking that its down to what Rangers do, but we still have two very difficult games. Tannadice is going to be difficult, and Hibs at home wont be pish easy either.
    As you say, I expect Rangers to pick up maximum points at home, because they just dont lose there, but Motherwell and St. Mirren away will be potential banana skins.
    Still, its Rangers to lose.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monday View Post
    So you're going to struggle to a draw in every game? Sorry mate, you don't get penalties in the league. You've really made an arse of it now with that result yesterday. You won't get better goal difference than us, because you don't know how to do it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes it sound like that Rangers/Pars game was more of a game than the "laying down" everyone was accusing them of at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monday View Post
    On the last day, I am sure that Aberdeen would love nothing more than stopping us winning the title. Plus, they might still be in with a shot of finishing 3rd.

I'd rather Rangers had it all tied up by the last day so it'll be an easier game for us like last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

We have won every single game at home this season in the SPL, apart from one.
    I never realised this, the only fucking game we haven't won is the only one I've been to .

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill buy you a season ticket mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a season ticket for another team, I can rarely go to matches as it makes more sense to watch Chelsea away then Rangers at home but when a game doesn't clash next season I will go more.

Plus I'm at uni in Portsmouth right now, I couldn't be much more southern in England and I do have a life outside of football.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a joke, BUT OK.