User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Wrestling Alliance - The Booking Room

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative Wrestling Alliance - The Booking Room

This thread is where we will come together as a team and hash out all of our booking decisions. As Head Authority, I have a handful of ideas that you, as the Creative Team, will be challenged to implement, which are listed below the roster. Outside of those, you can propose whatever ideas you have, and our goal here is to be collaborative, to help refine and improve things, constructive criticism, to try to put our minds together to produce the most compelling stuff we can come up with.

----

Creative Wrestling Alliance's Creative Team (Season One):
    1. mth - Head Authority
    2. kneeneighbor
    3. Kdestiny
    4. TimeSplitter
    5. Jarrod1983
    6. Cewsh - Talent Scout
    7. virmicious
    8. The Law
    9. Donald
    10. ImperialStingmon
    11. Jordo Smeagol

----

Reminder: Our show is 12 episodes: 5 standard episodes, a bigger mid-season PPV-type event, 5 standard episodes, and a big season finale PPV-type event. Standard episodes are appx. 90 minutes and PPV-type shows are 3 hours. We'll need names for the PPV-type events, so suggest away.

Ultimately, by the end of this thread, we will need to have everything sorted out so that basic "scripts" can be written up for each of these shows to be presented in the Shows thread that'll be opened later on.

----

Our roster is as follows:

Samoa Joe
    Braun Strowman
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    AJ Styles
    Kazuchika Okada
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Cesaro
    Kenny Omega
    Johnny Gargano
    Rusev
    Dean Ambrose
    Lars Sullivan
    Neville
    Cody Rhodes
    Velveteen Dream
    Goldust
    Ricochet
    Kota Ibushi
    Heath Slater
    Sage Phillips
    Desmond Xavier

Managers:
    Hornswoggle (with Strowman, see below)
    Brandi Rhodes (with Cody)?
    Maryse (with Miz)?

Anyone you're not familiar with, please ask our Talent Scout, Cewsh, and he'll be glad to get you familiar.

Here are the Head Authority's ideas you have to work with:

-Samoa Joe will be our first top Champion. He's going to be sort of a full-time version of Brock Lesnar. He's a badass prize-fighter but only fights on his terms, bit of an arrogant bully, happy to choke out a fool for his own enjoyment but not so quick to jump when it comes to defending his title. AJ Styles and CM Punk will be feuding to see who challenges him. The dynamic for their feud is Punk returns to a hero's welcome, still proclaiming himself Best In The World, while AJ Styles has been busting his ass the whole time Punk was gone, legit proving he is the Best In The World. Personally I see Punk as the heel and AJ as the face, with Punk easily turning on the fans who welcome him back with open arms with a disgusted sneer, blaming them for the physical and mental toll that drove him out, etc., while AJ is the hard working, respectable, crowd pleaser.

-Neville will retain the more vicious, driven demeanor he had as CW Champ but will be a face, with a “size of the fight in the dog” mentality, unafraid to step to any sized challenge. He will feud with Braun Strowman in something similar to the Braun/Zayn feud WWE tried to do but handled better with a better outcome (I see a Red Arrow off the set in a Falls Count Anywhere Match). Hornswoggle will be Braun's manger. He'll rock sunglasses and a suit. “Small stature, big brain, huge bank account”. Sort of a miniture Paul Heyman. It seems like it makes for an interesting dynamic when you've got the big man/small man feud where the big man is managed by a guy smaller than the small man. Might make for some interesting promos.

-"Rainmaker vs. Moneymaker". Miz vs. Okada. Lars Sullivan will be Miz' bodyguard. Maybe Okada recruits Rusev to level the playing field? I could also see Nakamura and Omega getting involved in this for awhile for some reason.

-Dean Ambrose. I have an idea for a gimmick for him, something I thought of awhile back that I thought would make me like him, so I'm going to pull a Vince and put what most would think is a stupid gimmick on a bit of an internet darling. I'm making him 'Officer Moxley', where he takes the "justice" from The Hounds of Justice seriously and becomes a self-christened officer of the law looking to fight the corruption of the business, but in the vein of the loose cannon cop who doesn't play by the rules, he doesn't go by the book but he gets the job done, DAMMIT MOXLEY THE D.A.'S GOT MY NUTS IN A VICE AND I'D STRIP YOU OF YOUR BADGE IF YOU WEREN'T SO DAMN GOOD! All those renegade cop tropes. Think Fandango right now minus the Fashion aspect. It'll be a comedy character but also some of the same shit people like: he'll be reckless and aggressive, unorthodox, stupidly determined, ready to throw himself headlong into danger to accomplish his goals, with a never say die attitude and all that.

-Goldust will be more like the Goldust of old, maybe even weirder. He'll be sort of like a washed-up movie director, reclusive and detached, holed up in some bowel of the building he's decked out in all gold, hard to get an interview with, sends out an usher with messages to communicate for the most part, when he is interviewed he'll wax about his golden days, his greatest pictures of yesteryear. I'm thinking he won't wrestle much for awhile, but he's scheming something, pulling strings from afar, mindgames, maybe has some talent secretly in his pocket doing his dirty work, and then eventually a plan will unfold where he gets in the mix when he's ready.

----

Reminder: We will still need to nail down our announce team and backstage interviewer.
    Our on-air Head Authority will be a fictitious character, still open to suggestions for what we want them to be like, and they are available for use in storylines and can probably take a beating if needed, as well.

---

We need a name for our Top Championship and our Mid-Level Championship. I'm just going with our company being called Creative Wrestling Alliance (CWA).

---

Alright, I think that's good enough to get us going. Let the fun/madness begin...
    Last edited by mth; February 7th, 2018 at 9:39 PM.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the indy and Japanese guys, here's an easy shorthand:

Kazuchika Okada - Main event cool and cocky heel/babyface. Maybe best wrestler in the world.
    Kenny Omega - Theatrical heel with acting chops. Incredible wrestler, can work with anyone
    Ricochet - Best high flyer in the world
    Kota Ibushi - Other best high flyer in the world, teen idol good looks
    Desmond Xavier - Very young high flyer, X-Division type
    Sage Phillips - 5'4 underdog with a ton of heart

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I think we've got to start by figuring out faces and heels:

Joe-Heel
    Punk-Heel
    Styles-Face
    Okada-Face since he's feuding with Miz
    Nakamura-Face
    Strowman-Heel

Cody-Heel
    Ibushi-Face
    Cesaro-Face
    Rusev-Heel
    Omega-Heel
    Miz-Heel
    Riccochet-Face I guess?
    Ambrose-Face

Velveteen Dream-Heel
    Goldust-Heel
    Desmond Xavier-Face? Don't know a lot about him
    Sage-Face
    Gargano-Face

That gives us a 10-8 edge for faces, I think that's a fine balance since face vs. face feuds and matches are a lot more doable than heel vs. heel.

Also that order is my approximate tiering of where I think these guys fall on the card. Main eventers on top, midcard in the middle, undercard guys on the bottom.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are we going to get the belt on Joe? When do we want to crown a champion? I think either doing it on the very first show or waiting until the first special makes the most sense.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we wait until the first show big show to crown Joe, then we should wait until the next night to debut Punk. Otherwise it wont make sense to keep them apart.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this should be built around Punk vs. Joe, but if we're doing Punk as a heel (and Joe as a heel too) that's not really going to work.

I think Punk is a better heel, but in this case the ovation for him as a returning hero would be so massive that he's got to be a face.

We can turn him heel. Probably by having him refuse to wrestle, saying he quit wrestling because he hated the fans and that hasn't changed. But then I don't really see what leads to him finally getting back in the ring. Maybe disgust with the fact that people think AJ is better than he is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pitch for a two-season arc for Punk:

-He makes his hugely anticipated return on our first show, gets jumped and choked out by Joe.

-Joe vs. Punk is set to crown the initial champion on our mid-season special. Punk is outclassed by Joe, fights like a warrior, but gets choked out and loses.

-Punk goes on a journey of self-reflection, corrects some kind of character flaw, trains his ass off, says if he can't beat Joe he'll retire. He beats Joe at the first season finale to win the title.

-In the second season he gradually turns heel due to jealousy of AJ. They have a match at the mid-season special where Punk cheats to win and goes full heel. AJ comes back and wins the title from Punk in the second season finale.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    do we want to devote individuals to specific feuds, or are we doing it all together?

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what exactly are we being asked to put together? I feel like mth has already declared a lot of what should happen and who is facing who.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    So what exactly are we being asked to put together? I feel like mth has already declared a lot of what should happen and who is facing who.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering too. Are we trying to find something for everyone else or...?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Is hornswoggle going to now actually be good on the Mic? Are we allowed to change certain flaws about wrestlers and managers? Like nakamura can now speak fluent english?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Options for crowning a champion:

-Battle royal

-Tournament

-Straight up match (Joe vs. Punk vs. Styles?)

-Some kind of specialized battle royal/multi-man match (Something like Aztec Warfare from Lucha Underground)

I'm for crowning the champion on the mid-season special because I don't want Punk's first match back to be on one of our regular TV shows. I think doing Joe/Punk/Styles might be the best option. Joe can win and we'll set up a challenger for him (Nakamura seems like the best option) from the undercard). And then we can spin off into Punk vs. Styles for the season finale.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Start at the end. What is the card for the season finale.

Joe (c) vs Nakamura
    Styles vs Punk

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I sort of like the idea of Goldust and Velveteen Dream as a pair. Maybe not so much a team but a Sammartino/Zybysko like mentor/student of head games.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What about like a gaunlet for crowning a champion? Not the most original idea I know but didn't want to do the tradional battle royal or tournament option.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start at the end. What is the card for the season finale.

Joe (c) vs Nakamura
    Styles vs Punk
    Strowman vs. Neville, I guess. Miz vs. Okada.

Maybe Cesaro vs. Omega for the #2 belt?

Cody vs. Ambrose? Cody is this international man of mystery, Ambrose can be investigating him. Or something like that.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think maybe Omega/Gargano. Not necessarily for a belt. I think there could be some really great stories to be told there.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    International man of mystery just not so cooky as Austin Powers was.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The American Nightmare is anything but cooky.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know just making a bad joke. When I read International Man of Mystery all I could think of was Austin Powers and those teeth. Do I make you horny baby?

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't mind some more stuff like this from youtube. I follow as much as I can in the independents and New Japan but most my viewing is relegated to WWE stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Options for crowning a champion:

-Battle royal

-Tournament

-Straight up match (Joe vs. Punk vs. Styles?)

-Some kind of specialized battle royal/multi-man match (Something like Aztec Warfare from Lucha Underground)

I'm for crowning the champion on the mid-season special because I don't want Punk's first match back to be on one of our regular TV shows. I think doing Joe/Punk/Styles might be the best option. Joe can win and we'll set up a challenger for him (Nakamura seems like the best option) from the undercard). And then we can spin off into Punk vs. Styles for the season finale.
    Mid season PvP can be aj vs joe with the following outcomes

Joe wins and in mid celebration cult of personality hits and the show ends with punk appearing on the ramp with a cocky grin. Gives the anything can happen on pvp and a must see tv

Punk interferes in the match giving Joe the title. Why did punk help Joe? Joe is pissed confronts punk on next tv saying he didn't need his help. Punk brushes Joe off and says I'll see you soon enough. Punk cost aj over best in the world moniker. Joe keeps a close eye on punk. Maybe dean and Joe have some interaction with dean offering up his skills to find out why punk did what he did. This leads to dean coming up with nonsense that pissed off Joe and leads to a mini Joe vs dean thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    How about a Cody and miz alliance? Pretty boy heel team with thier wives in tow. Eventually one or the others wife gets voted most beautiful in a poll that leads to a rift and a baby face turn.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    How about a Cody and miz alliance? Pretty boy heel team with thier wives in tow. Eventually one or the others wife gets voted most beautiful in a poll that leads to a rift and a baby face turn.
    I like this. We could tease dissention between the Women in a slow burn arc. Cody and Miz both are aware that the ladies dislike each other but try to soothe egos because Cody and Miz think they are better together than seperate. Eventually, something happens and the guy turning face has no other recourse but to lay the hammer down on his former friend. Happy wife, happy life.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could be a nice transition to getting a women's division in the future

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I like this. We could tease dissention between the Women in a slow burn arc. Cody and Miz both are aware that the ladies dislike each other but try to soothe egos because Cody and Miz think they are better together than seperate. Eventually, something happens and the guy turning face has no other recourse but to lay the hammer down on his former friend. Happy wife, happy life.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Could be a nice transition to getting a women's division in the future
    Very true on both accounts. There could possibly be reality tv show like segments where we show the two glam couples out and about in normal life, something that would appeal to female watchers. The women could be catty about towards some of the male talent. For instance they are caught gossiping over goldy and what a freak he is.

Goldy eventually confronts Cody about this and eventually choses his wife over his brother. Maybe maryse gets in the miz's ear that gold is trying to break up their team so mix attacks Cody when he is unaware and frames goldust. This sets up miz/Cody vs goldy and Velv.

The women eventually start getting catty with each other which causes the split and mix can rejoice that he destroyed the Rhodes family.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok first of all I'm super thrilled to see the amount of responses and discussion that's kicked up since I started this thread. Awesome. I think I'm going to kind of quietly observe for a bit, let you guys pitch ideas and bounce things off each other, see if you can come to some agreements, then maybe stamp my approval on things when it seems like you're all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering too. Are we trying to find something for everyone else or...?
    I tried to pitch a few of the major feuds in broad strokes. Creative Team has to figure out the details and how these feuds are going to play out from show to show. They've also got to figure out what everyone else will be doing, try to give other guys some direction. The goal here is to book each show, 12 episodes, so we've got to break all of this stuff down into a dozen storyline advancing parts for each feud.

Is hornswoggle going to now actually be good on the Mic? Are we allowed to change certain flaws about wrestlers and managers? Like nakamura can now speak fluent english?
    Once 'Swoggle gained the ability to talk in WWE, it seemed to me he was pretty good at it. He particularly shined when he got partnered up with 3MB and was sort of their quasi-manager and they feuded with El Tortito and Los Matadores. When I said mini-Heyman, I didn't mean nearly as good on the stick, but more the general attitude and sort of the Heyman/Lesnar relationship being mirrored in the Swoggle/Strowman dynamic. Talks a big game, runs his mouth, has his giant to hide behind.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I can get behind a slimy, smarmy, used car salemans esque Swoggle. Put a suit on him and let him direct Strowman's destruction.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If we do do the Cody/Miz stuff I think it would be cool if we held the break up for a bit. The potential of that group is off the charts. We can have them team and run rampant over some people first.

I think the Women should instantly not get along though. I've had plenty of girlfriends who never really seemed to blend well with my best friends ladies over the years. Different girls on both ends but none of them ever seemed to be able to get along for one reason or another (never good reasons though).

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where is our promotion based? We could have our secondary title named after the region we're in. Show names as well could have a local flare whether its NY, LA or Chicago just for examples.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We need to do a proper Goldust Cody match/feud at some point.

Also do we need to talk about who its around for season 2?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    If we do do the Cody/Miz stuff I think it would be cool if we held the break up for a bit. The potential of that group is off the charts. We can have them team and run rampant over some people first.

I think the Women should instantly not get along though. I've had plenty of girlfriends who never really seemed to blend well with my best friends ladies over the years. Different girls on both ends but none of them ever seemed to be able to get along for one reason or another (never good reasons though).
    It would be easy to do the storyline over the whole season and have miz/Cody for season 2.

Any thoughts on a slow burn with Braun? Maybe start off with swoggle as a manager of Slater. In fact, Slater brings him in opening the door for swoggle as no one would ever give him a shot and didn t take him seriously. Swoggle promises BIG things in the future but never outright says skaters name in with that. Slater is booked and obviously loses his matches. Every week swoggle talks to heath after the loss and says don't worry. I promise bigger and better things are coming. Neville vs Slater is booked and Neville wins. Neville leaves the ring when Slater gets on the Mic and starts yelling at swoggle. Slater loses his temper and shoves swoggle to the ground which actually makes Neville stop and turn back to the ring. You said bigger and better things were coming for me. Swoggle says I meant every word and that's when the announcers notice the monster stepping over the barricade. Braun comes in and Slater sells the fear. Braun goes berserk on Slater which prompts Neville to try and come save Slater. It doesn't go well for Neville and both are off tv for a week or so to sell the beating. Meanwhile swoggle talks up his monster with a heel turn.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would think most of our roster would bleed into season 2. Maybe drop one or two people but I feel like starting from scratch in season 2 would be counter productive to trying to establish people for our promotion.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would think most of our roster would bleed into season 2. Maybe drop one or two people but I feel like starting from scratch in season 2 would be counter productive to trying to establish people for our promotion.
    Agree that most will. But we dont ana spend all of season one building someone and not bring them back for season 2.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say we should only plan on turning over the bottom of the roster unless we're writing someone out for storyline reasons. After the second season I could see some bigger changes but we won't have run out of matches after one season.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That does really limit the role of "talent scout" then to year 1 then.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah but I'm sure Cewsh will still be involved with ideas and what not. No sense in limiting a creative voice just to scouting.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, weren't we discussing adding tag teams or women in season two?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so let's start workshopping our first big show. I'll try to compile the card as we go. Are we thinking tournament, gauntlet, or just one match to crown a champ?

For the undercard, we should do kind of a "Best Of" feel, I think. Okada vs. Omega for example.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    A thought I haven't sold myself on quite yet but figure I would throw it out.

What about at the first show our "president" or owner (whatever) starts the show in the ring with the entire roster at ringside or on the apron. He welcomes the world to CWA with a quick speech and runs down the bullet points. He says he wants the world to know that anything at any time and with that in mind we are going to determine the first participant who will fight for the world title in a battle royal. Oh, and that match starts right niw....get me some refs.

Announcers flip out about what's going on and the battle royal starts when we get back from commercial break.

We can start setting up some feuds within the battle royal, have our main event talent find our prez and demand to be the one who face the winner of the battle royal which in turn sets up the main event for the night with whoever we book. Personally aj should win the battle royal so Joe can get to the match by wrestling and being the boss we want him to be. Obviously, we should have a few matches before Joe gets to qualify.

Edit: to limit the number of participants so not everyone is doing a lot of double dutyit could be a battle royal scramble. When the announcement is made all the main roster is outside the ring and the battle royal is announced. However there is a twist. Only the first 10 who get into the ring qualify. The rest go to the back and lose their chance.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that, virm. I was thinking I prefer the Battle Royal over a tournament, it gets us there quicker and we can get all over feuds rolling straight away. My other thought for limiting who's in it would be to claim there were qualifying matches beforehand but I don't know if that'd make viewers feel like they were robbed of seeing those matches.

How do we want to crown the midcard champ? Ladder match? Short tourny?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do we want a battle royal or some sort of rumble?

I love the idea of a mid card ladder match with who we have. How do we decide who gets in? Do we base it on their performance in the battle royal/Rumble? That could be good, give those who looked good and showed some grit a shot at another title.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Goldust/Velveteen Dream
    Goldie being a manager of sorts for Dream, Goldie being the director, Velveteen being the star. Goldie helps him get opportunities and success but ultimately, the whole thing was a swerve, taking him higher so he can fall further, Goldie feeling threatened when he realizes Dream's star might shine brighter than his own, leading to a mentor vs. protégé match. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Re: Goldust/Velveteen Dream
    Goldie being a manager of sorts for Dream, Goldie being the director, Velveteen being the star. Goldie helps him get opportunities and success but ultimately, the whole thing was a swerve, taking him higher so he can fall further, Goldie feeling threatened when he realizes Dream's star might shine brighter than his own, leading to a mentor vs. protégé match. Thoughts?
    I like that. After the break up we could have them one upping each other with the mind games and such.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Give me 6 under card guys and I'll book you one hell of a tournament with 2 round robin pools of 3. Winners to battle for the title at the first big show.

6 matches in the prelims and then a title match. We can split those matches how ever you want on the 4 shows leading up to the finals.

Example:

Week 1
    A1 vs A2
    B1 vs B2

Week 2
    A2 vs A3

Week 4
    B2 vs B3

Week 4
    A1 vs A3
    B1 vs B3

PPV
    A winner vs B winner

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go without an on-screen authority figure. Be different from every other wrestling promotion going right now.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe just not feature them on every show. A Jack Tunney like President that shows up every once and awhile only when it helps drive the story. Like if Joe vs Punk is our huge main event then he should be there to announce it, like Tunney announcing Warrior/Hogan from his presidential office. Doesn't have a agenda, just announcing what the main event of the biggest show will be.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    ^^^ this guy gets it

Omega Level Digimon ImperialStingmon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think an onscreen authority figure with a continuous presence doesn't hurt things. If nothing else it's a way to make matches. And put a stop to things in some situations. And I think we need to start with Punk vs Joe. Joe wins the battle royale to be champ. Punk is not involved. The next week Joe says he is the best in the world and then Punk comes out and says that's impossible. The two feud until the PPV. Punk loses. Goes berserk on Joe after the match. Styles runs down and stops him. Joe says he didn't need Styles help while Punk is mad at Styles for sticking his nose in Punk's business. Styles Vs Punk happens the week before the second PPV. Joe Vs. Styles finishes us out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you get the title on Joe in week 1 then do not even have Punk appear.

He shows up week 2, says he was still involved in contract negotiations and he feels slighted. The company didnt value his worth and now they screwed him out of what should be his title when they booked the battle royal week 1.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I just now saw this thread (sorry). Mth are you set on Goldie being that Goldie right away? Honestly I think we could get there but a catalyst would be awesome.

I mentioned wanting Goldust in the other thread and in my pm to cewsh. My thought was for him to be Dustin and for Velveteen Dream to pull Goldie out of him.

I also really wanted to put Cody back.in the stardust paint. My logic being...Cody was always a great company man and our owner loves him some painted odd jobs. I really think we could roll Cody into the goldust/Velveteen Dream angle. I also think it's fairly easy for Cody to roll out of that into his American nightmare character.

I also love Joe being our first top guy. I think a battle Royale to crown him and then a tournament for number one contender makes sense.

I shall give the entire thread a better read and post some more thoughts later.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I don't think we should crown a champ week 1.

Personally I say wait for the PvP but it also depends on what kind of format we are running.

Is our ppv model the model of old where you are getting 60 to 70 bucks per pop? Are we doing PvP on a streaming service?

To me PvP of old would make the most sense to crown the champ at the PvP.

If it's the latter then it doesn't matter as much.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got twelve eps ya? I say we consider 6 and 12 our big shows...

Working backwards has seemed to work for a lot of the best teams so I think that's the way to go. I think if we aim to book to twelve we'll be fine...if our goal is twelve and we don't feel like we have enough we just bump it to for six.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our show is like a Netflix series. So the mid-season and season-finale episodes are just big events, PPV-esque, but not actually PPVs, just the most hyped events where the big shit goes down.

I like Knee's idea for Punk being just late enough to the party to feel shafted, gets him sour right away, so we can jump right into Grumpy Punk, which I feel is where he shines most, especially when his reasoning feels validated at the same time. I was thinking we could have the Battle Royal come down to AJ and Joe, with Joe winning, then AJ gets the nod for the title shot because of it, which then cues Punk to enter when Styles/Joe are talking about just who is the best.

Not totally sold on your Goldust/Stardust/Cody ideas, Jordo, but elaborate when you've got time.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our show is like a Netflix series. So the mid-season and season-finale episodes are just big events, PPV-esque, but not actually PPVs, just the most hyped events where the big shit goes down.

I like Knee's idea for Punk being just late enough to the party to feel shafted, gets him sour right away, so we can jump right into Grumpy Punk, which I feel is where he shines most, especially when his reasoning feels validated at the same time. I was thinking we could have the Battle Royal come down to AJ and Joe, with Joe winning, then AJ gets the nod for the title shot because of it, which then cues Punk to enter when Styles/Joe are talking about just who is the best.

Not totally sold on your Goldust/Stardust/Cody ideas, Jordo, but elaborate when you've got time.
    Well I feel like WWE left a lot on the table with the stardust/goldust feud. Could of told a really cool story...goldust creates stardust...stardust takes over Cody, goldust sacrifices himself Cody becomes Cody Rhodes...the American nightmare. There is an opportunity with the paint and the symbolism to tell a really fun story there I think. Problem is a lot of the story was already told in WWE.

The more I think about it the more I think it's not the way to go despite how much I enjoyed building it out in my head when it was happening.

I think the best way to go with Goldie is to get where you you want him (darker vet Goldie) but to do it with dream. Dustin maybe acting as the GM face...or an announcer. Not as goldust but as the natural. Velveteen Dream mocks him, calls.him out. Does goldust stuff to Dustin. Dream does something that finally snaps Dustin and we get the Goldie you described

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I don't get about your storyline idea is why isn't Dustin Goldust? And why doesn't he want to be Goldust? What's the source of this change and what's the reasoning for his resistance and aversion to the gimmick? He's had tremendous success as Goldust, he's repeatedly gone on record expressing how much the character means to him, that he loves being Goldust, etc.. So it just seems to go against everything as it stands and feels unfounded.

If anything, the reason I could see him being out of WWE and reverting to a more Attitude Era, more bizarre, unsettling Goldust is because he's free of their constraints, free of the sponsors and investors breathing down WWE's neck, free of the PG rating...free to reach heights he never could there, free to ascend to the throne of the Golden God (yeah, I want Goldie as a main eventer, goddammit, but I'm restraining myself).

With a potential Cody/Goldust feud, I think a really interesting dynamic that Cody could point out is that when it comes to Dustin/Goldust, everyone prefers him in the paint, everyone prefers the freak, no one gives a damn about plain ol' Dustin Rhodes...whereas with Cody/Stardust, everyone was begging for them to ditch the paint, everyone thought being a freak was holding him back, everyone wanted him to be Cody Rhodes. Perfect opposites.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If anything, the reason I could see him being out of WWE and reverting to a more Attitude Era, more bizarre, unsettling Goldust is because he's free of their constraints, free of the sponsors and investors breathing down WWE's neck, free of the PG rating...free to reach heights he never could there, free to ascend to the throne of the Golden God (yeah, I want Goldie as a main eventer, goddammit, but I'm restraining myself).
    Why the restraint? The fact Goldust never got a run with a top title is a shame. They waste him every week they don't give him something meaningful to do.

I still remember marking hard at my buddy's the night he came back to fight Orton. He was complaining that Goldust was too old etc etc. I said you watch him come out and steal the show. He admitted how wrong he was about Goldust after it was over.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so....dammit...I agree with you but as someone who wants to do a storyline my way. The reason could be dusty, or just that he's older now. We could push him as an announcer as Dustin, not goldust but a second generation star who has worked with everyone. I mean wouldn't Dustin Rhodes make a great commentator? The dude was born into the business and has the gift of gab. Then some.dude who has made his name doing a pg rip off of goldust starts calling him out?

In general I just think a feud with Velveteen drawingGoldust out of Dustin is better than goldust just mentoring dream.

I like the idea of the two of together but I like the idea of telling a story of conflict to get there, and the best way I see that happening is if dream has to pull goldie out.

Imagine dream mocking Dustin and Dustin ignoring it, saying he's done with that. Imagine dream doing everything he can to draw that goldust out and not getting it. And when he finally does...when the lights finally drop and that beautiful music hits it's a goldust dream isnt ready for. It's not stuttering Goldie...it's not even goldust from when He debuted. It's goldust unhinged. It's goldust with 20 years under his belt and with out a pg rating.

We can get to goldust mentoring dream with my idea too but we can get there with some awesome moments if we start with Dustin and end up with goldust.

Honestly Dream vs. Goldust for ep 6and then Dream vs Cody for ep 12 makes perfect sense to me.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be coming around to it...

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the boards dying kind of put a kink in this.

Where do we stand boys? Let's get this rolling

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Oh shit, you didn't get the memo?

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey sexy

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey everyone. I'm ready to discuss stuff whenever.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we definitively settled in a single match for any show yet?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Have we definitively settled in a single match for any show yet?
    Not a one...perhaps a deadline would help

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe first we take a vote on how to get the title on Joe. I heard Battle Royal, Standard and Round Robin Tournament. I thought we could do like a Tag Turmoil Gauntlet except in singles. That way we can have Joe come in the middle or towards the end and get some solid submissions over people. Either way a vote for what platform we crown our champion in. Then we can start working backwards and decide what happens on each show to get to Joe/Punk.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe first we take a vote on how to get the title on Joe. I heard Battle Royal, Standard and Round Robin Tournament. I thought we could do like a Tag Turmoil Gauntlet except in singles. That way we can have Joe come in the middle or towards the end and get some solid submissions over people. Either way a vote for what platform we crown our champion in. Then we can start working backwards and decide what happens on each show to get to Joe/Punk.
    Yes that's the best thing for us to do first
    My vote is just give it to him. We don't need to build Joe
    He's already a monster. Just plop it on him

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Round Robin was my suggestion for the second, workhorse title.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be weird to have something like a battle royal, in that all the roster is involved more or less, in the ring at the same time, but instead of eliminating by dumping over the ropes, it's by pin/submission?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Would it be weird to have something like a battle royal, in that all the roster is involved more or less, in the ring at the same time, but instead of eliminating by dumping over the ropes, it's by pin/submission?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm here and I think just giving it to Joe creates a few more options creatively.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's different but I think it's got potential. Even if we don't use it to crown a champion we can stick it in our back pocket for a future show.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if it might help to pick a day each week or two weeks when our show is to air. So we have all week up until that point to pitch ideas and try to outline the show, but once it hits midnight on that day it's showtime and mth or whoever else has to actually write the show based on the ideas we laid out. If we did a bad job of constructing the show or couldn't agree on matches or a direction then the show sucks and goes nowhere.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, seems like things have slowed down in here so I've got a little questionnaire for you guys to fill out to help get things back on track...

----

1. How should we crown our first top champion? (tournament, battle royal, just hand it to him, other?) And what should our top title be called?

2. How should we determine our mid-card champion? What should our mid-card title be called? Who should be our inaugural mid-card champion?

3. We will be having a fictitious on-air authority figure, do you have any input on creating that character? How do you think they should be used (frequently, sparingly, involved in a feud)?

4. Is there a specific feud or specific wrestler(s) that you would personally like to oversee creatively?

5. How would you feel about being assigned the above rather than having a choice? Also being partnered up with one or two others?

6. Do you have any ideas for the talent that have not had creative suggestions already put forth?

7. Do you have any serious disagreements with what's already been suggested?

7. Do you think we should implement deadlines to keep things moving? What timespan do you feel would be best?

8. Any other comments/questions that you think might help make things successful?

----

@Kneeneighbor @kdestiny @TimeSplitter @Jarrod1983 @Cewsh @virmicious @The Law @Donald @ImperialStingmon @Jordo

Hope to get a response from everyone involved if possible and we'll go from there. Thanks, team.
    Last edited by mth; February 1st, 2018 at 1:18 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1. How should we crown our first top champion? (tournament, battle royal, just hand it to him, other?) And what should our top title be called?
    Battle Royal, World Championship

2. How should we determine our mid-card champion? What should our mid-card title be called? Who should be our inaugural mid-card champion?
    6 person, 2 pools of 3 round robin, winners face at first Big Show, TV title, Cesaro

3. We will be having a fictitious on-air authority figure, do you have any input on creating that character? How do you think they should be used (frequently, sparingly, involved in a feud)? Sparingly like Tack Tunney

4. Is there a specific feud or specific wrestler(s) that you would personally like to oversee creatively?
    I would love the mid card
    5. How would you feel about being assigned the above rather than having a choice? Also being partnered up with one or two others?
    Virm and I would kill it working the mid card

6. Do you have any ideas for the talent that have not had creative suggestions already put forth?
    If we run with mid card title round robin I can get you 4 of those guys in feuds that will run until the second big show

I am not overly thrilled with everything but nothing I hate

7. Do you think we should implement deadlines to keep things moving? What timespan do you feel would be best?
    Yes
    8. Any other comments/questions that you think might help make things successful?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Just hand it to him, think it would make for a great heel moment. I'm fine with the top title just being called the World Championship.

Intercontinental title, it should be determined by a tournament. AJ Styles or Cody Rhodes should be the first champion.

3. We will be having a fictitious on-air authority figure, do you have any input on creating that character? How do you think they should be used (frequently, sparingly, involved in a feud)?

I think they should only be used to set up matches, and to move angles forward. I don't think they should be involved in feuds. Think more along the lines of Jack Tunney

I think it's a bad idea for one person to oversee any one wrestler or feud.

I'm ok with being partnered up with someone.

Can we not do 50/50 booking?

Braun not being champ....

Yes. I think there should be weekly deadlines.

If someone's not participating they should be dropped.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Just hand it to him is fine with me. Heel heat.

Intercontinental title or TV title. Cody or Miz would be good.

A Jack Tunney like figure head would be best. Only use him when we need him.

I'm ok with just working with the group to reach the best show possible.

I'm ok with being partnered up with someone but think everyone should be able to voice opinions on whatever angle or feud were talking about.

Not right now but will start thinking more.

No.

Yes. A weekly deadline seems best.

Not right now.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't wait until you guys get a program going so I can start commenting as a fan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I will get this in when I get home tonight. I will also try to get some things moving along.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament. I would call the belt the "CWF World Heavyweight Championship." Or whatever the name of our company is going to be.

Probably just a multi-way match on our first special, nothing too elaborate.Call it something like the North American Heavyweight Championship. TV Title would also be fun. Okada jumps out at me as a really solid midcard workhorse champion.

I would have them appear only in special circumstances for major announcements. I think they should be neutral, just trying to run the show professionally and make money.

Nothing really jumps out at me at the moment.

I think I'd prefer if everyone just offered ideas for the whole show.

On the whole it feels like we're basically doing WWE wrestling and I think it would be more fun to try to do things differently. We're using almost all WWE talent, talking about having an authority figure actively involved in the storylines, doing lots of impromptu matches.

7. Do you think we should implement deadlines to keep things moving? What time-span do you feel would be best?

I think the only way that anything is ever going to get done is if we have deadlines. Depending on how elaborate the shows are going to be written I think a show each week is reasonable.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 man tournament, not including CM Punk. What is the name of our promotion?

We shouldn't have one. If we must, have a 6 way for the people who don't make it to the tournament finals.

It should be you. You should act like you would act.

The Japanese guys.

More than happy to do whatever with whomever.

I would like to keep CM Punk off tv briefly so he doesn't need to lose in the tournament and we can keep he and Joe undefeated going into our big show.

I just want clear direction and established deadlines.

Yes.

Let's fucking goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still here. Meant to do this last night but life happened. I'll get to the questionnaire as asap

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick thought though. I think everyone wants a pretty hands off GM. I suggest that our GM is mth himself. Mr. mth even

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give it to him. CWA World Heavyweight Championship

Tournament. The National Title. Neville

I know people got frustrated when my GM was too involved in the stories but I feel like we can really utilize them to avoid the plot holes WWE tends to develop.

Not really. I prefer an assignment because I feel like I have a lot of ideas, and an assignment would help me narrow things down.

Partnering up with others I'm not sure about either. I see pros and cons.

Not really fleshed out but when it comes down to it I'll figure something out.

Nope

yes, but not rigid deadlines necessarily. I feel two weeks is good. A week is too short but a month is far too long.

8. Any other comments/questions that you think might help make things successful
    Just make sure we communicate, especially if, for whatever reason, someone can't knock out their fair share.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think assignments will bring a lot more out of people than letting them choose what they do.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

I don't have a big preference on how he gets it. I just don't think it should be the first show.

Again, no preference. I have always liked the sound of the International Championship

I'd like to take the Jack Tunney approach to start with.

Not at the moment but if I do it will come out while we book

Sounds good. Assigning may get us moving along quicker.

I got some while answering questions to this thread.

1. I could see a handing of the title to Joe only for it to go all wrong and in the chaos it being deemed something else must be done. Like a live social media should Joe be given the title or not. Show wrestlers backstage voting on it and fans voting on it. Ringside quick interviews with wrestlers and fans alike about why they voted for it.

2. Mid Card title should be a bit of a different angle. If we went with the title handing off fiasco, maybe a couple of weeks later one of our mid card talents just randomly shows up with a title saying "if they are handing this out, I'll just make my own." Lots of confusion surrounding it leading to the creation of a mid card title.

No I am pretty opened minded and if I don't agree with something I will bring up my points and you can convince me otherwise.

Probably. And 7 was such a hot question it had to be numbered twice.

Agree with everything I say We probably just need to figure out how we are going to do this. Maybe pick a day and try to find a time where a majority of us are around so we can round table discuss one angle in general.

Bagel
    Just an outsider/non participant's two cents. I like what you guys are setting up and doing here. But are you doing all this work for yourselves and your own enjoyment or the purpose of getting people like me involved, reading, chiming in? The title issue, I think should be a tease on the first show to get a top face and a top heel established. Use a segment at top of the show to either get everyone in the tournament involved, announced matches or the GM just being annoyed by two people and announcing them as the co #1 contenders.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for questionnaire responses from @Jordo, @TimeSplitter, and @kdestiny.

To clarify, our company is called The Creative Wrestling Alliance (CWA).

To answer Smeagol, it's both. It's something for those involved to do for their own enjoyment but I would think it'd also be fun for those not involved in the creative process to "watch" the shows we put out and give feedback as we progress, too.

Seems we're not all on the same page about a few things. If you haven't, I'd advise everyone to read over the other folks' questionnaire response and see where they stand on the top tile/midcard title stuff and maybe you'll want to have a group chat about that, see if we can come together on what we want to do there. I'm thinking once we get those last few questionnaire responses in, I'm gonna to institute a two week deadline to write the shows, so we'll have some motivation to really get cracking. Also, I'm thinking maybe loose assignments on who handles which feuds but everyone can still get in the mix, just maybe two people who are really responsible for sorting out and finalizing, just another measure to ensure things progress.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

I do like the idea of handing it to them a lot. I can also understand wanting to do a battle royal as there are several stories that can come of that. Not a huge fan of a tournament really, especially with there being two titles. Maybe even a G1 type tournament? Definitely should be called the CWA World Championship

Stuck on this one. I am of the mind that this should do a tournament with this one unless we go with one for the Top title. Then maybe a Battle Royal here. That’s if we want a mid card title, and I am not sure we want one quite yet. I like International title a lot. Give it to Neville or Cody.

Definitely think it should be mth. I think it should be how you would act, mth. I do like the idea of starting as a Jack Tunney type and then something down the line forcing your hand to get involved.

lots I would love to oversee. May be easier to have a specific assignment, but I wouldn’t mind overseeing any of them really, just not super familiar with Sage.

I think that would be for the best.

I like the idea of a prick Omega feuding with Underdog Gargano. I like the possibilities of Velveteen Dream feuding with this version of Ambrose as well. Could provide some excellent stuff.

None really, but I do see the Laws point about it being too WWE.

We definitely should, maybe at a week or two per show?

Not at this point

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would we hand the title to someone? Seeing that pop up in a few questionnaires and I don't get it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

It's a good heel move but I remember people hating this very badly when it happened.

Alternatively one could always go this route

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Why would we hand the title to someone? Seeing that pop up in a few questionnaires and I don't get it.
    That would be best if we went with a heel authority figure

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight I'll answer the questionnaire...sorry yo

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of changing the Braun vs. Neville feud into Braun vs. Gargano instead. Seems like a better dynamic. Whaddaya think, gang?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    @Jordo please add the following question to your survey

9. Is being Initiated by two men wearing nothing but overalls and real pig masks for hours on end an issue you would tell police about? Asking for a friend.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm thinking of changing the Braun vs. Neville feud into Braun vs. Gargano instead. Seems like a better dynamic. Whaddaya think, gang?
    I think Gargano would be a excellent opponent for Braun.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those saying we're seeming too much like WWE, what do you suggest we do to help differentiate ourselves?

Bagel
    I like the idea of Braun vs. Gargano, though I think Braun should be built up as the guy you lead with, and conclude your season 1 with Gargano winning the title. Two guys on separate paths until the last few shows.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I only know WWE so good luck getting me to think any differently.