Page 67 of 159 FirstFirst ... 5763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,700 of 15819

Thread: All Elite Wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't remember her being used much since her match with Britt Baker. am i wrong? if so then why did she win?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    I highly doubt they'd bring Nick Gage in just to have Jericho squash him. Jericho obviously wins though.
    Uhh, have you seen Gage wrestle? Deathmatch wrestlers have evolved into hybrid types who can actually wrestle, but Gage is still Gage (he's not exactly what you call athletic). He'd be lucky to get a one-night jobber's slot in WWE.

He made a name for himself being a pretty terrible wrestler, but now he's kicked heroin and gotten a serious cult following so great for him, but I could see him getting squashed, then berated by MJF (the guy he SHOULD be facing), and then, i dunno, fighting off MJF and his crew with lighttubes for a quick pop.

And I know I'm being hard on Gage for his faults, but he needs to be on his best behavior with this opportunity he's got. And I've seen him wrestle women and I know he's got good behavior in him.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder who vince is gonna blame for getting bryan sign to aew

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1.14 mill for Dynamite last night. That’s crazy, but awesome. Over a mill 2 weeks straight.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    Wonder who vince is gonna blame for getting bryan sign to aew
    He's probably never met Danny Boy.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Uhh, have you seen Gage wrestle? Deathmatch wrestlers have evolved into hybrid types who can actually wrestle, but Gage is still Gage (he's not exactly what you call athletic). He'd be lucky to get a one-night jobber's slot in WWE.

He made a name for himself being a pretty terrible wrestler, but now he's kicked heroin and gotten a serious cult following so great for him, but I could see him getting squashed, then berated by MJF (the guy he SHOULD be facing), and then, i dunno, fighting off MJF and his crew with lighttubes for a quick pop.

And I know I'm being hard on Gage for his faults, but he needs to be on his best behavior with this opportunity he's got. And I've seen him wrestle women and I know he's got good behavior in him.
    Nick Gage is not a "hybrid type" who can actually wrestle though.

The question is....are fans of his truly drawn into a possible redemption story or are they just fucked up people? The biggest misconception about wrestling fans is that we're good people.

We cheer the heel, we boo them when they turn babyface. We blame it on bad creative, but the irony in that statement......I can look in the mirror and have no issue cheering Kevin Nash powerbombing Eric Bischoff off a stage for simply asking who the 3rd man is. That's not normal behavior to applaud.

Look...people making excuses and apologizing for Nick Gage's behavior need to stop. That's his job, none of you encouraged him to do the things he's done in and out of the ring. He would tell you the same thing I would hope. He's over because a % of fans know that other fans hate that he's accepted. "Let's cheer the guy everyone thinks is a piece of shit haha!!" That's ECW-present day fanbase's MO.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    1.14 mill for Dynamite last night. That’s crazy, but awesome. Over a mill 2 weeks straight.
    great rating!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Nick Gage is not a "hybrid type" who can actually wrestle though.

The question is....are fans of his truly drawn into a possible redemption story or are they just fucked up people?
    That's a great question. Coming up with MDK cult is truly psychotic and probably only legal in the wrestling world AND i can't believe people are expecting him to do his thing on cable. It's really not a laughing matter.

I'm honestly feeling backed up against a wall waiting to see what he and Jericho can pull off.
    I am more than happy for Gage for kicking heroin, even if he had to go through incarceration to do it (i was forced to clean up the same way and that's part of why I'M glad to be under the law). But yeah, i haven't seen him put on a good match where he actually came off as good as his opponent.

The one hope I've got going into next week's Dynamite is knowing that Gage can't possibly go any lower. He SHOULD just go in and job and be grateful for the hype he'll get going into his indy bookings.
    And actually, i guess I can't see Jericho letting this kid fuck up the biggest opportunity of his career. The Painmaker should squash him and get his own gimmick over, because MDK is not good, or cute, or funny, it's depressing.

This is only like Vince bringing in Foley in that it's got some fucked up people wanting to see fucked up things.
    But you can count me in as one hoping the best for Gage and his recovery. Every day is a fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great question. Coming up with MDK cult is truly psychotic and probably only legal in the wrestling world AND i can't believe people are expecting him to do his thing on cable. It's really not a laughing matter.

I'm honestly feeling backed up against a wall waiting to see what he and Jericho can pull off.
    I am more than happy for Gage for kicking heroin, even if he had to go through incarceration to do it (i was forced to clean up the same way and that's part of why I'M glad to be under the law). But yeah, i haven't seen him put on a good match where he actually came off as good as his opponent.

The one hope I've got going into next week's Dynamite is knowing that Gage can't possibly go any lower. He SHOULD just go in and job and be grateful for the hype he'll get going into his indy bookings.
    And actually, i guess I can't see Jericho letting this kid fuck up the biggest opportunity of his career. The Painmaker should squash him and get his own gimmick over, because MDK is not good, or cute, or funny, it's depressing.

This is only like Vince bringing in Foley in that it's got some fucked up people wanting to see fucked up things.
    But you can count me in as one hoping the best for Gage and his recovery. Every day is a fight.
    It's absolutely nothing like Vince bringing in Mick Foley. We need to ease back on the comparisons.

Jericho isn't a noob to hardcore wrestling. And what Nick Gage does is easily replicated. I've been watching idiots like Nick Gage since the late 90's backyard wrestling tape trade phase.

It's kind of sad the anticipation for someone like Nick Gage but I saw the same stuff with Necro Butcher in terms of fans with the desire to see that dude do his thing. Like I said, I'm a huge deathmatch fan but that doesn't mean I like everyone. I'm not jerking off to Abdhullah the Kobyashi or whoever the fuck you spell it. I'm not a fan of Madman Pondo. I can live with Nick Gage v. Chris Jericho, I just hope this is it like when Jeff Cobb wrestled Moxley-not saying Cobb=Gage just the concept of a one-off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    It's absolutely nothing like Vince bringing in Mick Foley.

And what Nick Gage does is easily replicated.
    Exactly. Foley could work.

Another good point. I don't think people realize there's guys getting their head skewered on a weekly basis; they just saw Dark Side of the Ring and want to cheer this guy as an underdog.
    Or they're actual MDK retardo-fans wanting to see hardcore wrestling get taken to the next level, and the next, and so-on...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Foley could work.

Another good point. I don't think people realize there's guys getting their head skewered on a weekly basis; they just saw Dark Side of the Ring and want to cheer this guy as an underdog.
    Or they're actual MDK retardo-fans wanting to see hardcore wrestling get taken to the next level, and the next, and so-on...
    I think there's something to be said about fans who praise workers who go into business for themselves at the expense of another person they might not like.

The Nick Gage-Arquette situation wasn't a work. When 2 wrestlers enter the ring, and one of them decides to shoot on the other under the guise that they're cool....I can't respect that. That's a big reason why I don't respect New Jack.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I think there's something to be said about fans who praise workers who go into business for themselves at the expense of another person they might not like.

The Nick Gage-Arquette situation wasn't a work. When 2 wrestlers enter the ring, and one of them decides to shoot on the other under the guise that they're cool....I can't respect that. That's a big reason why I don't respect New Jack.
    Gage definitely has mental health issues; I don't know why he didn't get arrested for that shit. He could be receiving treatment by now, but I haven't heard that the courts demanded it of him. I feel you, but it's a Don't hate the player, hate the game sort of thing for me.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect wwe sales ti go way down with punk and bryan signing to aew..

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    i don't think people on these forums cared about ratings until AEW started right? i mean the ratings would always be shared but it seems like fans on twitter live and die by them the minute they come out
    There was a pretty famous wrestling war over this. Fuck since so many people ended up dying it was damn near a literal war.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine how you'd feel watching these shows without knowing who was going to debut. You'd lose your fucking mind.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Imagine how you'd feel watching these shows without knowing who was going to debut. You'd lose your fucking mind.
    I remember 1996 being the year that I started reading stuff on the internet plus the hotlines. Thank God wrestling mags were usually 2-3 months behind because there are several mags I have with the covers talking about Diesel and Razor are heading to WCW--Problem is, the stories were from March/April but the mag didn't drop until July lol. So by the time THE WRESTLER made it on the stands with "Diesel v. Hulk Hogan planned for Bash at the Beach", we were already deep in the Hogan turn.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's how Moxleys debut was. I had no idea on Matt Sydal. I hoped for Ethan Page. The Tommy End/Malaki Black debut kind of happened like that too because even though I thought the lights going out was a work the first time I kept thinking about who it could possibly be for because I thought everyone had 90 day no competes. It's still not real to me for Punk and Bryan until we see them on TV even if it's "confirmed" now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to be shocked even if it's something like Black's debut. Problem is, I kind of expected these dudes to show up. I wasn't shocked when Moxley showed up, a little surprised he lied saying he was going to retire but hey, Nash said the same shit back in 93 to get out of WCW so I can't hate lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed off the internet the time Bischoff debuted in WWE and it was fucking great seeing it having no clue.

Love Bryan…merely curious if or when it’s official with Punk and how it will go if it happens.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Punk and Bryan. I'm gonna make time to watch aew it seems

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Stayed off the internet the time Bischoff debuted in WWE and it was fucking great seeing it having no clue.

Love Bryan…merely curious if or when it’s official with Punk and how it will go if it happens.
    Pretty much everywhere is saying it's official now and I would expect something to happen during their string of Chicago shows before All Out September 5th to draw more ppv numbers. September 1st is Dynamite in Chicago and September 3rd is Rampage in Chicago. I'm interested to see how this Rampage show is going to work. Will it be separate storylines just on that show or will it be carrying them over from Dynamite?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Matt Cardona beat Nick Gage for the GCW title. Huge heat, got pelted with drinks and trash as he celebrated in the ring. Jericho's music played and some random came out to distract Gage.

https://twitter.com/ColbsMMA/status/...584302593?s=19

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Danhausen came out to Jericho’s theme for a match against Suge D (Pineapple Pete) last night.

judas was everywhere

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that was cool. people who whine about trash throwing are DORKS.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danhausen came out to Jericho’s theme for a match against Suge D (Pineapple Pete) last night.

judas was everywhere
    Not seen him post in a while though.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    that was cool. people who whine about trash throwing are DORKS.
    lol Meltzer is so mad about it. I don’t know why, it’s the hottest thing I’ve seen in years.

Not seen him post in a while though.
    you motherfu— that was good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Matt Cardona beat Nick Gage for the GCW title. Huge heat, got pelted with drinks and trash as he celebrated in the ring. Jericho's music played and some random came out to distract Gage.

https://twitter.com/ColbsMMA/status/...584302593?s=19
    And I thought Hogan turning heel and some of the early JCW events pissed off fans with the level of garbage they hit him with. I was watching it Gage-style and just thinking damn, how did the WWE not see this guy as a top heel? I guess I always pictured him as a top tier babyface, I always thought him v. a heel Ziggler could've been HUGE. Once again I've been proved wrong.

He just took GCW to the next level. I was already thinking damn, how did they even get this guy to agree to work for them? Now I see why. Give him the ball, he can dunk it from half court.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe with this AEW money Gage is getting he can afford a dentist.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe with this AEW money Gage is getting he can afford a dentist.
    He should get the absolute best dental care money can buy in Dr Isaac Yankem.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He should get the absolute best dental care money can buy in Dr Isaac Yankem.
    No sir, Dr. Britt Baker DMD has this covered.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    No sir, Dr. Britt Baker DMD has this covered.
    True but I also wanted to go old school a bit for Donald.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like Britt Baker should have a chef gimmick.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With her finisher being the Great Brittish Bake Off!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Red Velvet would call gimmick infringement.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    With her finisher being the Great Brittish Bake Off!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW does have a lot of gimmicks that scream 1995. Their world champion sweeps for a living it's kind of sad the pay isn't what people think it's cracked up to be.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You think that's bad, their first world champion had a side gig as a bad musician.

The second guy was so broke he had to go to Japan and underground shoot fighting programs to earn a wage.

Come on TK, pay these boys!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think that's bad, their first world champion had a side gig as a bad musician.

The second guy was so broke he had to go to Japan and underground shoot fighting programs to earn a wage.

Come on TK, pay these boys!
    lol

He should've paid Moxley NOT to shave his head like that. Dude looks like 55 and ready to wash my car.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    his hairline was gone, gone, gone. He just needs to take it all the way clean though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his hairline was gone, gone, gone. He just needs to take it all the way clean though.
    Well now that Chavo is there he could probably get the hook up on new hair.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I took the plunge last year with shaving my head and I'll never go back. I can still grow a thick head of hair, but the hairline was starting to look all jagged, so I said fuck it and just buzzed it all down...now I shave my damn head every other day cause I don't even wanna see stubble.

My wife got me this head shaver gimmick for my birthday last year and that shit is the best. Just lather up some barbasol on the dome and go to town with this shaver and VOILA, nice shiny bald head.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate having short hair, but then I always hated growing it out too, so I'd get a buzz cut then let it grow for 6-7 months and then get another buzz cut. But since the pandemic I've gone 20 months without a haircut because I don't have to go to an office, and I'm loving the long hair. I'm sure when I go back to the office all I'll have to do is maintain it so it looks presentable. The beard though they may not be happy with. Haven't shaved since January.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't ever imagine cutting my hair. It helps that it grows wild and covers my face enough that I don't have to worry about hairlines for a while.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a long time I put my clippers on 0 and buzzed my head once every other week or so. Then I started going a barbershop to have them do it and to give me an edge up every weekend. That got expensive quick so then I went back to buzzing it myself. Now I let it grow long enough to tie up and once every few months get a little trim. But the moment I see my hairline is going or I notice a bald spot on the back of my head, I'm shaving it like Hero does.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loved the opening. Of course Gallows is wearing a jersey that says 69.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Listen to that Johnny Hungie chant.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for John Silver to get the token midcard push

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    they cant really be thinking of NOT giving hangman the belt at all out, can they? that would be a terrible, awful decision.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like some of you just came after seeing that dude.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    they cant really be thinking of NOT giving hangman the belt at all out, can they? that would be a terrible, awful decision.
    I agree. The stipulation tonight was he couldn't challenge Kenny for the belt if he lost though so what do they now? A non title match that he wins first and then he gets a shot at the title again?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it's almost unimaginably dumb to not follow through with page beating omega at all out at this point.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW Rampage debuts in Chicago... I guess that's where CM Punk will show up

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh fuck I am so excited

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like some of you just came after seeing that dude.
    tanahashi? Yes and I’d do it again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "Be there if you're the best in the world."

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW Rampage debuts in Chicago... I guess that's where CM Punk will show up
    it's not the debut show, it's the second show.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't the first Rampage in Pittsburgh?

This will be the first Chicago show since going back on the road though. I'm so excited, I thought I'd have to wait til September.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Black Mass on Fuego! Kicking Cody won't get him booed, kicking Fuego might.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they're not running a building that size in that city that close to All Out if CM Punk isn't going to be there.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i like how nick gage AEW promos sound like he's reading off a cue card because he has to try REALLY hard not to curse

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    it's not the debut show, it's the second show.
    Oh, that's my bad. I thought Tony said debut

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they actually go to a commercial while Moxley was cutting a promo? Lol

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they actually go to a commercial while Moxley was cutting a promo? Lol
    In Canada

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I saw the full promo.

Gage needs to get some weapons out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh lol. Damn TSN

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the main event was a nick gage match followed by a juventud guerrera announcement

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Juvie better come out on a riding lawnmower.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the Juice looking these days?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How's the Juice looking these days?
    fucking JACKED and wears his mask again

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this show set up future matches between Darby Allin and CM Punk, Jon Moxley and Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Chris Jericho and Juventud Guerrera.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The stipulation tonight was he couldn't challenge Kenny for the belt if he lost though so what do they now? A non title match that he wins first and then he gets a shot at the title again?
    it's almost unimaginably dumb to not follow through with page beating omega at all out at this point.
    From what I've heard, there's still matches they want to do like Omega v Christian. They had to address Hangman's consistent ranking and find a way to delay the inevitable title match. I'd prefer to see the title on Hangman sooner rather than later, but TK likes to play the long game.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    there's no excuse for not pulling the trigger on page at all out. he's too over, it's too perfect, the crowd wants it too bad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fucking JACKED and wears his mask again
    Sick! I'm excited to see him. I was hoping he wasn't a fat slob, lol.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no excuse for not pulling the trigger on page at all out. he's too over, it's too perfect, the crowd wants it too bad.
    not too long ago you were saying page needs to win the title completely on his own and to leave the dark order out of it. im willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the dudes putting on awesome wrestling shows every week.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Japan announced that the match between Archer and Tanahashi will be at the show in LA.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently there was a Domino's commercial right after the pizza cutter spot.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watching the Page/Dark Order video package/entrance again and getting chills.

that was fucking awesome

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the main event was a nick gage match followed by a juventud guerrera announcement
    This reads like something you wouldn't expect to say when talking about arguably the best wrestling show in 2021.

If that was a headline on the main page I'd click it thinking this was some super local promotion trying to gas up a return of Juvi Juice of all people. One piece of trash after the next. Is that the point of this thing? Is there something fucked up about Shawn Spears--does he beat Peyton Royce on a daily? Did he rob a pregnant mother for rocks? Just curious what MJF's approach is with picking opponents.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What has Juvie done?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has Juvie done?
    Got his ass beat by Jack Evans so that right there disqualifies you from life.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Got his ass beat by Jack Evans so that right there disqualifies you from life.
    Just read the story and that doesn't sound like what happened to me. Konnan was really the instigator from what I read and this happened in 2009.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Chris Jericho is once again going to go down south and beat some jabroni named Juventud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the story and that doesn't sound like what happened to me. Konnan was really the instigator from what I read and this happened in 2009.
    What it sounds like to YOU and what really happened, which was Juvi got that work by Jack Evans, are two different things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad PB....

Juventud???? No fucking way!! Class act and a great wrestler. One of the most memorable feuds in WCW history was the Jericho-Juvi feud. Plus, who could forget his legendary CW title run in WWE when he was part of Mexicools.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the WCW feud callback.

I’m not sure what they’re doing with Page with that stipulation unless he just earns his way back into the rankings but is he just number 6 now due to his otherwise great win-loss? Fun match but disagree with that outcome.

He should be the one to dethrone Omega.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer is under the impression it's Moxley vs Tanahashi at All Out.

So your top four matches for that show would be Omega vs Page, Punk vs Darby, Jericho vs MJF, and Mox vs Tana.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the WCW feud callback.

I’m not sure what they’re doing with Page with that stipulation unless he just earns his way back into the rankings but is he just number 6 now due to his otherwise great win-loss? Fun match but disagree with that outcome.

He should be the one to dethrone Omega.
    there's still like 5 weeks before the ppv. also, it's possible plans change when you sign Danielson and Punk.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me he's really the only option if they want to really put someone on the map. I'm not saying Kenny Omega is a household name, I'm not even saying Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley is a household name but in the wrestling community they're huge. Adam Page is not on their level and I think AEW putting someone like Adam Page on top for awhile would be good for them. If they weren't going to go with MJF, Orange, Jungle Boy or even Darby Allin at this point then Page should be it. Ditch the Dark Order, win the title from Omega, and go into a feud with MJF. Establish these 2 men as your future.

Adam Page still lacks charisma, the Dark Order do him zero favors. I think Page just needs more time on the mic and if he's still a little rough oh well. Bret Hart's promos were pretty weak until 1996 when he just started shooting from the hip. That's why I say go right into a feud with MJF because that guy can talk and he's ready to be the man. He wasn't fully there in the Mox feud, but he's been there long enough and established himself as the top heel.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Darby's "best in the world" comment toward CM Punk or possibly Bryan Danielson? Before Jericho and Punk were using the moniker, American Dragon was getting it chanted everywhere he went pre-WWE.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Meltzer is under the impression it's Moxley vs Tanahashi at All Out.

So your top four matches for that show would be Omega vs Page, Punk vs Darby, Jericho vs MJF, and Mox vs Tana.
    I am very interested in all of these

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Darby's "best in the world" comment toward CM Punk or possibly Bryan Danielson? Before Jericho and Punk were using the moniker, American Dragon was getting it chanted everywhere he went pre-WWE.
    They would be stupid not to have Punk show up in Chicago though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would be stupid not to have Punk show up in Chicago though.
    The asshole in me wants the Punk talk to fizzle out and be nothing. I've explained a few times how I'm not keen on him coming back after 7 years and offering something that is the same shit we've been seeing. Punk's routine doesn't work if everyone else on the roster does it, even if they do a very weak version of it. I'm worried his work will be lackluster. Upside is he was never super clean like Styles or Danielson so if he is a little sloppy that's out of the ordinary but again....I see a dude who was already losing a step due to injuries, he dipped into MMA for a long time, he's had an in-ring return in the rearview for a grip.

And he could easily kill all of my fears and put on some great matches at this stage in his life. I'm just preparing for the worst. More often than not when you see someone out this long, it isn't what you remember by any stretch when they do return.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh if you're afraid Punk won't live up to the hype that is already here not even mentioning what it will be like once he's been officially announced then you have good instincts. Especially since just listening to what he's said this feels like a total cash grab.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Oh if you're afraid Punk won't live up to the hype that is already here not even mentioning what it will be like once he's been officially announced then you have good instincts. Especially since just listening to what he's said this feels like a total cash grab.
    I just don't want to see my favorite wrestler of the modern era come back and blow his knee trying to springboard clothesline Scorpio Sky.

Yeah, Punk is definitely about the money. That might be his downfall. Definitely the one thing AEW doesn't have to worry about is money which is the #1 thing people said would be needed to really be a factor in pro wrestling these days. Punk saw that from the jump but man, I just don't know if this live action WWE 2K video game is the right choice.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rumor regarding who's joining Britt Baker:

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are they?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor regarding who's joining Britt Baker:
    Were you a fan prior?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Were you a fan prior?
    Yeah.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.
    Spoiler alert, so was I lol

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw something about a ratings drop but it was from 1.148 last week to 1.108 last night, so it's still over a million.