User Tag List

Thread: Who wants CM Punk in AEW?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who wants CM Punk in AEW?

People have been talking about the possibility of CM Punk returning to wrestling for years. Ever since AEW's press conference this year, Punks name has been thrown around by fans as someone who could make an appearance. With Moxley showing up at Double or Nothing, and All Out taking place in Chicago, this speculation has only increased.

Personally, I'm not interested in seeing Punk inside an AEW ring. This is a guy who distanced himself so far from wrestling that he alienated everyone he worked with, and went so far so to refer to wrestling as "fake" in an interview. He even screwed over his best friend, Colt Cabana, when he refused to reimburse him for legal fees in their defamation lawsuit. Punk promised in a text that he would cover the expenses 100%. Cabana is suing Punk for breach of contract and fraud. I don't think this is the kind of person AEW wants in their locker room. Sure they'd get allot of people talking, but how soon before Punk's ego gets the better of him?

With that being said, who here would like CM Punk to wrestle in AEW?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the stuff he's done personally and professionally I'm not a fan of but I would be lying if I didn't want to see Punk back in the business. He was one of my favorites, I was a fan of his simply by what I read of him in the early 2000's via PWI magazine. So I hope he does come back in some way.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he does right by Colt Cabana and pays him, then I wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring anywhere. Don't forget that the guy is mega-talented. Few people can match his ability both in and out of the ring.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and AJ Lee get into a top-tier feud with Cody and Brandy.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly and personally wouldn't give a shit and that's down to his grating personality. Granted he is very talented and WWE were also in the wrong with his case, but he sold one of his very best friends in Colt down the river during the process.

If AEW can get him on board, then bully for them but be prepared to deal with his ego. It will draw initial interest definitely but can they satisfy him long-term?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE is never in the wrong.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Punk at least for the initial moment when he returned. And also to see it help the company do better.
    But besides that, I dont really have any real interest in seeing him work. I think he's really talented and gets the business and the art form in ways that many don't. But for me personally, a large part of the appeal with him was how he was always the counter point to the WWE status quo at the time. And that doesnt really apply any more as the landscape of the industry has changed greatly since he left.

So I'd pop if he returned, but I don't expect to care much about him soon after that.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE could have probably used you as a lawyer or donning the judge's wig. Even if your case notes is Moon Pie a la Foley in Bischoff's trial.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he will return, and tear his quad on the way down to the ring.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think part of the novelty why fans chant his name so much besides a bit of trolling is because he's not there. The novelty could wear off soon after the honeymoon period. If (and it's a ginormous if) he chooses to return to whatever wrestling organisation, the ratings spike will increase big time short-term but there are a lot of guys out there today that could at least match him in the ring or on the mic. He stands out now because he is so outspoken and controversial in a business where everyone is under a microscope and walking on eggshells due to how aware it has been made how everything works, even the casual fan following on social media.

In reality, he's going to sleep on a pile of money and won't ever put his body through shit unless he tries to do UFC again lol. But even then it was still more money to his pile despite getting his pus kicked in.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I marked out a little just for him showing up at All In do sign autographs. I marked out a little when he did the recent masked run-in spot at a super indie show a few months back. I have to be honest with myself....if he is part of AEW, then that right there is going to be a major element of why I watch. It's 5 long years. And one has to wonder....is he still the best in the world? Could he come back and tear the house down with Kenny Omega? Could he come back and relive some matches against guys who are slightly better than before (Cody Rhodes, Moxley, Jericho). And what would that mean for the pro wrestling world?

He was the counter to John Cena. And he made it to the top tier level. Could he be just as beneficial to the rest of the non-WWE promotions? I think so.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    In reality, he's going to sleep on a pile of money ....
    Nah, he's gonna sleep on a pile of AJ Lee, the lucky bastard

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you dig crazy chicks.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I married one, and dated one before her, so I guess I have a "type"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good question. Khan is a CM mark, and he's probably going to offer him the kind of deal that Turner gave Hogan in the mid '90s. He'll get a few more matches under his belt whether he wins or loses and then disappear from the public eye. Fact of the matter is that he is/was the #2 most over star of his era. He remains the hottest free agent in the business. He might debut at All Out, he may come in closer to fall when their TV deal kicks in, but it will happen soon. And I don't see how anyone with a competitive drive like his can just call it quits at his age.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    he'd be a good commentator

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, I'd tune in to see what he does for awhile then probably lose interest once it's no longer surprising to see him in AEW.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, thank you.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    The most overlooked and least mentioned part of the pipe bomb was when he said "even on commentary, I'm untouchable."

He was killing it in that role while they had him at the table and I'd love to see him do it again.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Umm yes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. New promotions need stars, he's a big one, and the way he left WWE fits the narrative of what AEW is trying to achieve. They're not picking up the scraps, they're signing people who just don't want to work for WWE. He could be really fucking good after this extended break as well. Could take the character anywhere really.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd rather see him keep trying, and failing to be a successful MMA fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd personally like it if I never saw him wrestle again.

I don't want to watch some wanker wrestle, that doesn't like wrestling.

He can hit his lazy, shitty, spinning back fist in his backyard where I don't ever have to see it again

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love it. I think it would be a game changer if he came in.

Jericho and Ambrose are great talents and I love em, but CM Punk is the biggest free agent in the business right now, it would send a huge message if he went to AEW. Imagine the buzz.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be cool w/ seeing Punk in a ring again either wrestling, manager, commentator, whatever. I would have my worries about it turning into yet another chance for Cody to add a notch on his FUCK WWE utility belt.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    I'd personally like it if I never saw him wrestle again.

I don't want to watch some wanker wrestle, that doesn't like wrestling.

He can hit his lazy, shitty, spinning back fist in his backyard where I don't ever have to see it again
    I don't think he doesnt like wrestling. He just doesn't have the passion for it any more. And that's totally understandable from his perspective.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    I saw that somewhere else too. Very good idea. He could still add so much without ever having to wrestle.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's star power. If he plays any kind of on air role it makes AEW look more legit.

Bagel
    I missed him on WWE TV for awhile but it's been long enough I feel like he would just be as exciting as some of the legends returning. It might be fun for a little while but then it becomes him taking a spot from someone else, the same way the wild card rule already seems to be doing. With that, there's just not enough TV time to go around to showcase the midcard but instead the 24/7 title is lifting up the lower card.