Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 37

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestlemania 37

Now that we're on the road to Wrestlemania, we can start looking ahead.

When: April 10 and 11 (likely three-hour shows each night)
    Where: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida
    Fans: The plan is to have fans. The Super Bowl at the same stadium plans to have "at least" 20% capacity

We know...Edge will challenge a champion in the main event, and Bianca will be challenging a champion.

Bring all of the booking theories and updates...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian vs Anyone

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Edge ever won the wwe championship at Mania?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Subscribe

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Has Edge ever won the wwe championship at Mania?
    No. He's defended and lost it but never won it at Mania.

I'm very intrigued with the direction of Edge and Bianca Belair. Roman Reigns v. Edge could be very interesting. Roman hasn't had a legend feud just yet in this heel run so why not? Edge is getting mad love in this return and if he can stay in one piece I could see this being good for both. I don't know if Drew McIntyre v. Edge works as well. Personally don't want to see either as a heel and I don't know if a face-face storyline works here at all.

Also....what's holding Edge back from saying he wants Finn Balor. Or Walter. We'll see.

Bianca has the benefit of there being some real flexibility with who is champion right now. I think if they want to turn Bianca, that could work. If they want to have a heel beat Sasha or Asuka (i.e. Bayley) going into Mania for Bianca to go over, that works too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

I'm very intrigued with the direction of Edge and Bianca Belair. Roman Reigns v. Edge could be very interesting. Roman hasn't had a legend feud just yet in this heel run so why not? Edge is getting mad love in this return and if he can stay in one piece I could see this being good for both. I don't know if Drew McIntyre v. Edge works as well. Personally don't want to see either as a heel and I don't know if a face-face storyline works here at all.

Also....what's holding Edge back from saying he wants Finn Balor. Or Walter. We'll see.

Bianca has the benefit of there being some real flexibility with who is champion right now. I think if they want to turn Bianca, that could work. If they want to have a heel beat Sasha or Asuka (i.e. Bayley) going into Mania for Bianca to go over, that works too.

Yeah Edge winning the Royal Rumble and cashing in on the UK champion barely anyone has heard off for a title no one really cares about seems like the kind of swervball they would go for here

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It's a swerve, bro!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case I’m calling he’s winning Reigns at Mania. Making of an epic 2 month feud with some quality mic work.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Yeah Edge winning the Royal Rumble and cashing in on the UK champion barely anyone has heard off for a title no one really cares about seems like the kind of swervball they would go for here
    Do you even watch the product? Or do you have to wait for Sunday night group in the church basement?

Definitely a crazy thought. Finn Balor is even a stretch because it's not so much Finn Balor but the NXT championship that seems beneath Edge but you never know what the mentality is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    In that case I’m calling he’s winning Reigns at Mania. Making of an epic 2 month feud with some quality mic work.
    I think it'll be Roman. I would put money on the WWE taking heel Roman, title or not, all the way to 2022 if not longer. Give him The Rock at next year's Mania in Hollywood. Edge v. Roman has all the ingredients to be a worthwhile World championship feud. You know it's going to get Roman and his crew a ton of heat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to keep in mind in advance of Mania, there's still two more PPVs ahead of it with very short turnaround windows.

There's three weeks until Elimination Chamber, then Fastlane is on March 21. That's a pretty quick turnaround from Fastlane to Mania. Another key component is Fastlane is going to be the first PPV on Peacock. I would think that they want to make that a good PPV.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'll be Roman. I would put money on the WWE taking heel Roman, title or not, all the way to 2022 if not longer. Give him The Rock at next year's Mania in Hollywood. Edge v. Roman has all the ingredients to be a worthwhile World championship feud. You know it's going to get Roman and his crew a ton of heat.
    Arlington is next year. LA is in '23.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Something to keep in mind in advance of Mania, there's still two more PPVs ahead of it with very short turnaround windows.

There's three weeks until Elimination Chamber, then Fastlane is on March 21. That's a pretty quick turnaround from Fastlane to Mania. Another key component is Fastlane is going to be the first PPV on Peacock. I would think that they want to make that a good PPV.
    Keeping it just about the World title picture....Could we see Edge lose his shot at Mania? I ask this because last year one of the many rumors were that Edge v. Orton would culminate at Mania 37. Mania is only 2 months away and I could definitely see a ppv match where Edge is goaded into putting his shot on the line against someone and Orton costing Edge the match.

I definitely don't see Drew or Roman losing the title before Mania. It could happen, but I just don't think it will.

Arlington is next year. LA is in '23.
    Ok replace Hollywood with Arlington lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you even watch the product? Or do you have to wait for Sunday night group in the church basement?

Definitely a crazy thought. Finn Balor is even a stretch because it's not so much Finn Balor but the NXT championship that seems beneath Edge but you never know what the mentality is.

I can guarantee you that Edge isn't gonna face Walter at WrestleMania. If he does I'll give you props but it's 100% not gonna happen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    I can guarantee you that Edge isn't gonna face Walter at WrestleMania. If he does I'll give you props but it's 100% not gonna happen.
    Oh yeah, I admitted that it was definitely a crazy thought. The odds of that match happening....You will see Bret Hart as World champion before you see Edge challenge Walter.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Rumours that Bad Bunny may be involved in a match at Wrestlemania - possibly teaming with Damian Priest to face Miz and Morrison. If so that'd be huge. Bad Bunny was the most streamed artist in the world on Spotify in 2020. This feels like the closest WWE has had to having it's finger on the pulse since... well, a hell of a long time anyway. Would be quite a rub for Priest so soon after his call up.

Meanwhile, Edge has said he'll be full time and has been confirmed to appear on NXT tomorrow night, teasing that he'll challenge Balor no doubt.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 2nd, 2021 at 8:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they've got their finger on the pulse more than I have, never even heard of Bad Bunny until I saw him the other night lol

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw side of Mania is taking shape now with

Orton vs. Fiend
    McIntyre vs. Sheamus
    Ali vs. Kofi

All looking like locks.

I'm not sure which will be for the title though. Head says McIntyre, but heart is whispering Kofi.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    No way they put Ali in a world title match at a Mania ever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McIntyre vs Sheamus just doesn't scream Wrestlemania title match to me. Am I the only one that thinks this? If they really wanted that match then Sheamus should've been given the Lashley treatment prior. He was losing clean to Keith Lee a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    McIntyre vs Sheamus just doesn't scream Wrestlemania title match to me. Am I the only one that thinks this? If they really wanted that match then Sheamus should've been given the Lashley treatment prior. He was losing clean to Keith Lee a few weeks ago.
    But that's just how they book now, isn't it? On the fly. They've been deciding on the big Wrestlemania matches over the last few weeks. Probably still deciding on some. As far as they're concerned, if they say Sheamus is now a big threat to McIntyre as champion, he's a threat. No one's going to remember or care that he was losing to Keith Lee only recently.

From looking at results and things I figured Sheamus was just going to be a side feud for Drew perhaps for Fast Lane before his Mania feud It doesn't feel like a Mania feud to me either but there's a lot of history there at least.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    But that's just how they book now, isn't it? On the fly. They've been deciding on the big Wrestlemania matches over the last few weeks. Probably still deciding on some. As far as they're concerned, if they say Sheamus is now a big threat to McIntyre as champion, he's a threat. No one's going to remember or care that he was losing to Keith Lee only recently.

From looking at results and things I figured Sheamus was just going to be a side feud for Drew perhaps for Fast Lane before his Mania feud It doesn't feel like a Mania feud to me either but there's a lot of history there at least.
    That's very true. I just was hoping they would book Mania with a little more thought.

Anyway, I can definitely see this happening at Fast Lane now. They can have Sheamus look strong by eliminating Kofi, Hardy, and Styles while Orton gets eliminated with Fiend stuff. Then McIntyre beats Sheamus to win. Sheamus has an out by eliminating the rest of the field and boom Fast Lane title match is set.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think McIntyre vs Keith Lee sounds like a better match

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think any of these guys are better options right now.

Keith Lee
    Strowman
    Styles

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    No way they put Ali in a world title match at a Mania ever.
    It would have happened two years ago if not for injury.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    It would have happened two years ago if not for injury.
    I refuse to believe that's the case. Kofi got hot at the right time, there's no way Ali would've been in that spot with the reaction he was getting.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to believe that's the case. Kofi got hot at the right time, there's no way Ali would've been in that spot with the reaction he was getting.
    Hasn't it been discussed before? Kofi was a piece for piece replacement for Ali, just one that possibly fit the role even more perfectly, thanks to his history, than the man he replaced.

Look at the build and SD scene around then. There's nothing else even suggested for Bryan in the run up to Mania. It was long term planning, just with the protagonist having to be switched.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of lagging a bit with Drew as Champion now too.

Let Sheamus screw him over, Kofi get the Chamber win and have us something very different in the title picture.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't been part of said discussion. I just can't see Vince having the guy who was eliminated by Nia Jax in the Rumble facing Bryan at Wrestlemania for the title.

If anything he is less likely to be in a title match with this stupid Retribution deal that he's trying to make chicken salad out of.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sheamus/Drew still makes sense, I think Drew should still get a big win in front of a crowd, a title defense would suffice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Do people expect Shane vs. Strowman then?

Boy does that sound dull.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

That's... horrible

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shane has to jump off the pirate ship duh

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    KO will be pissed

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Y'all are nuts. Strowman vs. Shane sounds incredible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ali had been in that Chamber match he would have either eliminated or been eliminated by Randy Orton, probably setting up a match at Mania between the two. Maybe.

We have to remember, still 1 more ppv to go and it's the Peacock debut so I imagine we haven't even sniffed the Mania stuff until that happens. Plus, what's Edge doing?

What about Big E? I feel like he needs a big match. If Daniel Bryan isn't in the main event against Roman Reigns, have him face Big E. I know there are some rumors of Christian v. Big E and I have no doubt that would be amazing. DB v. Big E with E getting the rub is a bigger win IMHO. Hell, how about Big E defending the IC title in one of those crazy ass ladder matches and winning? That's huge too.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Would be shocked if they didn't run Reigns/Edge.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you all think we are going to get Cesaro vs Rollins at Fast Lane or Mania? Maybe Rollins beats Cesaro at Fast Lane and then moves to Bryan at Mania? But then again I feel like with Cesaro beating Bryan twice that they want to push him. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be shocked if they didn't run Reigns/Edge.
    I'd love to see it. I said it somewhere else, Roman hasn't had that legend feud yet in this form. Edge would be the perfect guy right now.

Do you all think we are going to get Cesaro vs Rollins at Fast Lane or Mania? Maybe Rollins beats Cesaro at Fast Lane and then moves to Bryan at Mania? But then again I feel like with Cesaro beating Bryan twice that they want to push him. It will be interesting to see where it goes.
    I think Cesaro v. Seth Rollins would be huge for Cesaro. It's clear Seth is on the top shelf. Everyone who works with him, including Rey Mysterio, they're putting those guys with Seth because of how they view Seth not the other way around. Even if Cesaro took an L , it raises his stock and he can hopefully carry that momentum into more title shots.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If McIntyre hadn't already lost the belt to Orton and reclaimed it, I would have liked to see Miz cash in already and have Drew face him at 'Mania to get that 2nd World Title win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    If McIntyre hadn't already lost the belt to Orton and reclaimed it, I would have liked to see Miz cash in already and have Drew face him at 'Mania to get that 2nd World Title win.
    That was my thought a few weeks back but with Miz. McIntyre deserves the pop in front the crowd due to last year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I think they should do Rey and son winning the tag belts. That'd be a nice moment.

I'd hope that with two nights we get more than two or three women's matches but I won't bet on it.

Remains to be seen if they do any NXT matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should do Rey and son winning the tag belts. That'd be a nice moment.

I'd hope that with two nights we get more than two or three women's matches but I won't bet on it.

I am thinking we will get 2 per show. One world title on each, the tag titles on one and maybe the battle royal on the other? I can't figure out a 4th match besides that.

edit: I actually can see them putting the NXT title on one of the cards. Why not.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking we will get 2 per show. One world title on each, the tag titles on one and maybe the battle royal on the other? I can't figure out a 4th match besides that.
    Grudge match...could easily see something with Rhea and Alexa if we're to take the Rumble as some kind of precursor.

Seems like as for right now, the odds are relatively low on that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grudge match...could easily see something with Rhea and Alexa if we're to take the Rumble as some kind of precursor.
    Yes that's possible. I read a rumor that Ripley was going to Smackdown. If that were the case, the feud with Alexa probably won't happen. If I were to guess a spot for Alexa, she is going to be involved in the cinematic match between Wyatt and Orton.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa is in that AJ Lee spot where she can easily jump in as a top wrestler while also being able to maintain a non-wrestler role. Her "talk show" was cool, her stuff with The Fiend has been next level good. She's not the flashiest wrestler but she definitely gets the job done and doesn't do stupid shit that doesn't make any sense.

AJ Lee was the same way only she didn't have the luxury of working with women the caliber that Alexa has been able to but that's ok.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ I'm interested in the evolution of Fiend character. Was one of the bright spots on RAW but worry that at some point after the Orton program that they may exhaust options with him. Maybe not. Feeling like a missed opportunity not having him paired up with Rollins and Seth turning into the cowardly heel. Paging J&J security to jump in at his defense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    ^^^ I'm interested in the evolution of Fiend character. Was one of the bright spots on RAW but worry that at some point after the Orton program that they may exhaust options with him. Maybe not. Feeling like a missed opportunity not having him paired up with Rollins and Seth turning into the cowardly heel. Paging J&J security to jump in at his defense.
    You'll have to explain to me the part about Fiend and Rollins pairing up being a missed opportunity. Are we taking about instead of him doing the Messiah gimmick he should've paired up with Fiend?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to this: If they do one, I think tonight's episode laid the framework.
    I could see Bálor being pissed and saying "just give me all of them" so we see a 4-way between Bálor, Cole, Dunne, and KOR.

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't know why people think Ali was getting that spot, OR winning the title at Mania. KofiMania was a direct result of crowd reaction to Kofi.

If there was any intention to push Ali anywhere near the top of the card, they would have done it once he was cleared. He was cleared in time for Mania and didn't even get a high-profile match, then or afterward.

Owens came back around that same time and sat out of Mania... I'd more likely believe it was planned to be him against Bryan.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa is in that AJ Lee spot where she can easily jump in as a top wrestler while also being able to maintain a non-wrestler role. Her "talk show" was cool, her stuff with The Fiend has been next level good. She's not the flashiest wrestler but she definitely gets the job done and doesn't do stupid shit that doesn't make any sense.

AJ Lee was the same way only she didn't have the luxury of working with women the caliber that Alexa has been able to but that's ok.
    I hadn't seen her work in forever then just noticed at the Rumble how good she lays her shit in and how on fucking point her timing is. Alexa has always been undervalued as a worker but she seems to be getting better. She'll never be top tier because she just doesn't have the size or agility but she's still good.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; February 18th, 2021 at 2:41 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan is now the most interesting person to me on the main roster in regards to what they're doing for Mania. If I squint my eyes, I can manufacture matches for most of the roster but I can't see anything clear for him. To clarify, most of the roster that needs to be or should be on the card. You can probably have a copout and throw him together in a multi-man match for the IC title or something but despite his booking, that window for the IC and the upside of it for him has probably passed.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let Bryan win the ARMBAR. It's something he can add to his impressive resume that he hasn't done yet.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW:
    -Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
    -Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus (IRISH STREET FIGHT)
    -AJ Styles vs. HHH
    -New Day vs. RETRIBUTION (6-MAN TAG INVOLVING BIG E, ON NIGHT #1)
    -Bunny & DP vs. Dirt Sheet
    -Keith Lee vs. Riddle (c)
    -Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Rhea
    -(PRE-SHOW) Nia & Shayna (c) vs. Riott Squad

SMACKDOWN:
    -Edge vs. Roman Reigns (c)
    -Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins (2-OUT-OF-3-FALLS)
    -Bianca BelAir vs. Sasha Banks (c)
    -Apollo vs. Cesaro vs. Corbin vs. KO vs. Nakamura vs. Uso vs. Zayn (NIGHT #1, LADDER MATCH FOR IC TITLE SHOT ON NIGHT #2)
    -Big E (c) vs. [LADDER MATCH WINNER] (NIGHT #2)
    -(PRE-SHOW) Dirty Dawgs (c) vs. The Mysterios

NXT:
    Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan is now the most interesting person to me on the main roster in regards to what they're doing for Mania. If I squint my eyes, I can manufacture matches for most of the roster but I can't see anything clear for him. To clarify, most of the roster that needs to be or should be on the card. You can probably have a copout and throw him together in a multi-man match for the IC title or something but despite his booking, that window for the IC and the upside of it for him has probably passed.
    They could do Cesaro vs Rollins at Fast Lane and then Bryan vs Rollins at Mania.

I think it's less clear what Styles is going to do.

I do like the idea of a multi man match for the IC title. Big E, Crews, Corbin, Cesaro, Nakamura, Jey Uso, KO, Zayn. Or you can cut out Big E like someone mentioned and have him face the winner on the next night. You could also do a grudge match between KO and Jey Uso and make it a 6 man ladder match.
    Last edited by PurePlayer; February 23rd, 2021 at 1:18 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could do Cesaro vs Rollins at Fast Lane and then Bryan vs Rollins at Mania.

I think it's less clear what Styles is going to do.

I do like the idea of a multi man match for the IC title. Big E, Crews, Corbin, Cesaro, Nakamura, Jey Uso, KO, Zayn. Or you can cut out Big E like someone mentioned and have him face the winner on the next night. You could also do a grudge match between KO and Jey Uso and make it a 6 man ladder match.
    They've ran it at least 2-3 times in the last year but I'd be perfectly fine with Bryan/Styles in an cross-brand match.

As to your suggestion, if that's the route they took between the two PPVs, I'd flip it between Cesaro and Bryan where Cesaro gets the singles match at Mania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel Bryan v. Seth Rollins at Mania would be very awesome. They've never really feuded other than Team Hell No and whatever random partner they could find v. The Shield. It's almost a shame that we have only had like 1 singles match between them as well in all the years they've been on the main roster together. Timing is everything.

I definitely wouldn't be negative to AJ Styles v. Triple H.

I would love for Cesaro to get a singles match on the card but I think he's going to be in some type of multi-person match. Someone help me out here: Was there ever a storyline reason as to why he stopped teaming up with Nakamura and Sami Zayn? I was thinking, what about Cesaro v. Sami Zayn? Both are getting a ton of camera time and there is that built in history. I just can't remember if there was an actual split or something. They had CLASSIC matches in NXT when Cesaro was doing his one day at NXT one day on the main roster routine.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesaro and Nak stopped teaming with Zayn when Zayn left due to the pandemic, but by the time Zayn returned they were the tag champs, and Zayn tried to claim credit for their accomplishment. They made it clear they didn't need Zayn, who promptly re-claimed the IC title that he had never lost.

As for why he stopped teaming with Nak, I don't believe they ever gave a storyline reason, but I think it had to do with Nak going solo against Jey/Roman.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seemed like they may have been hinting at him going heel on Nakamura but glad they haven’t gone that route. Keeping him face is the way to go along with Nak.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Cesaro and Nak stopped teaming with Zayn when Zayn left due to the pandemic, but by the time Zayn returned they were the tag champs, and Zayn tried to claim credit for their accomplishment. They made it clear they didn't need Zayn, who promptly re-claimed the IC title that he had never lost.

As for why he stopped teaming with Nak, I don't believe they ever gave a storyline reason, but I think it had to do with Nak going solo against Jey/Roman.
    Ok I do remember Zayn leaving during the pandemic I just couldn't remember what happened between the 3 when he returned. I thought it was a little lackluster so that's probably why I forgot about it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by greebull View Post
    RAW:
    -Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
    -Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus (IRISH STREET FIGHT)
    -AJ Styles vs. HHH
    -New Day vs. RETRIBUTION (6-MAN TAG INVOLVING BIG E, ON NIGHT #1)
    -Bunny & DP vs. Dirt Sheet
    -Keith Lee vs. Riddle (c)
    -Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Rhea
    -(PRE-SHOW) Nia & Shayna (c) vs. Riott Squad

SMACKDOWN:
    -Edge vs. Roman Reigns (c)
    -Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins (2-OUT-OF-3-FALLS)
    -Bianca BelAir vs. Sasha Banks (c)
    -Apollo vs. Cesaro vs. Corbin vs. KO vs. Nakamura vs. Uso vs. Zayn (NIGHT #1, LADDER MATCH FOR IC TITLE SHOT ON NIGHT #2)
    -Big E (c) vs. [LADDER MATCH WINNER] (NIGHT #2)
    -(PRE-SHOW) Dirty Dawgs (c) vs. The Mysterios

NXT:
    Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly
    Pretty sure they're doing Shane vs. Strowman. Shane will be jumping off the pirate ship I presume.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also missing Fiend/Orton

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fiend has been taking a lot of time off - is he hurt? Or was this a plan to have Bliss carry the story for him for a while to build intrigue?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they're doing Shane vs. Strowman. Shane will be jumping off the pirate ship I presume.
    Poor Kevin Owens has been wanting to do that since last year. I can't see them both doing it and if anyone's going to get the spot, well, gee, I wonder who'd get preference...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Fiend has been taking a lot of time off - is he hurt? Or was this a plan to have Bliss carry the story for him for a while to build intrigue?
    No info's come out on an injury. All signs point to the latter. I'm going to be a fair bit disappointed if The Fiend comes back without any significant make-over.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing Bray, he will want to do some type of make over. It's just a matter of what gets approved.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who are the Dirty Dawgs, and why would AJ Styles be fighting Triple H?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirty Dawgs are Ziggler and Roode. No idea why Trips and Styles would fight but I saw some FB page speculating on that match a couple days ago, as well, and didn't get it then, either.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Lashley moves on from the US title which is seems like then Styles vs Riddle for the US title would be good. I know we saw it a couple times on RAW already but I think these guys can steal the show at mania if given time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Dirty Dawgs are Ziggler and Roode. No idea why Trips and Styles would fight but I saw some FB page speculating on that match a couple days ago, as well, and didn't get it then, either.
    Well....I'm sure that if an angle starts you'll "get it". I know that the talk began when AJ Styles said he wanted to wrestle Triple H at WrestleMania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Lashley moves on from the US title which is seems like then Styles vs Riddle for the US title would be good. I know we saw it a couple times on RAW already but I think these guys can steal the show at mania if given time.
    It was also Riddle's entry point on Smackdown but with the IC title. I'd rather see Lee, though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was also Riddle's entry point on Smackdown but with the IC title. I'd rather see Lee, though.
    Lee vs Riddle would be fun as well. I read an article somewhere that Vince doesn't get Keith Lee and now with whatever happened recently, maybe he is really out of favor with Vince. I know it could all be BS lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dirty Dawgz might be the worst tag team name yet. I didn't even realize Roode & Ziggler were champions. Guess that means I should watch Smackdown more...

Also get them on some damn PPVs so I know what's happening.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Dirty Dawgz might be the worst tag team name yet. I didn't even realize Roode & Ziggler were champions. Guess that means I should watch Smackdown more...

Also get them on some damn PPVs so I know what's happening.
    I mean it's no worse than Boss and Hug Connection or.... The Viking Experience.

Wait, they're tag champs?!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always liked the teams that had "Connection" in their name. IDK why.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm the same way with "Express".

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always liked the teams that had "Connection" in their name. IDK why.
    Can-Am Connection vs Can-Am Express. who wins?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can-Am Connection vs Can-Am Express. who wins?
    Can-Am Connection. Furnas and Lafon were dope but they weren't Rick Martel.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Colossal Connection was awesome.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the name and the players. It wasn't as random as one would think when you factor in how many teams have followed that exact formula over the last 30 years.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connection Express vs. The Express Connection

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....I'm sure that if an angle starts you'll "get it". I know that the talk began when AJ Styles said he wanted to wrestle Triple H at WrestleMania.
    Ah, there we go. I get it now. Didn't know about that. Certainly not a match I'm itching to see...

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "Mean" Gene calling them the "Colostomy Connection" and getting Heenan and company all riled up is still classic TV.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can-Am Connection. Furnas and Lafon were dope but they weren't Rick Martel.
    Agreed. Martel is fucking smooth in the ring. Guy should have been I-C Champ easily.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, there we go. I get it now. Didn't know about that. Certainly not a match I'm itching to see...
    I know Triple H has his fans and I'm sure this would probably be one of if not his very last match-for sure Mania.

What would the story be? I'm not necessarily directing that toward you since I know you're not high on the idea of the match regardless. Would they want to talk about all the years WWE tried to get him to leave TNA, maybe go into the whole "You were scared to face the best in WWE so you waited until I put on a suit"?? Maybe play into the Klik/DX/nWo/Bullet Club stuff.....I think Triple H can still deliver, and we all know AJ Styles has probably botched twice in his entire career so he will definitely have a phenomenal match (no pun intended) with The Game.

If they're going to do it, the trigger needs to be pulled now. They have a month and this would have been something cool to have built up starting back at Rumble. But we've also seen matches added the night of with no rhyme or reason lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Would triple h be the face though? That would be somewhat weird.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Triple H has his fans and I'm sure this would probably be one of if not his very last match-for sure Mania.

What would the story be? I'm not necessarily directing that toward you since I know you're not high on the idea of the match regardless. Would they want to talk about all the years WWE tried to get him to leave TNA, maybe go into the whole "You were scared to face the best in WWE so you waited until I put on a suit"?? Maybe play into the Klik/DX/nWo/Bullet Club stuff.....I think Triple H can still deliver, and we all know AJ Styles has probably botched twice in his entire career so he will definitely have a phenomenal match (no pun intended) with The Game.

If they're going to do it, the trigger needs to be pulled now. They have a month and this would have been something cool to have built up starting back at Rumble. But we've also seen matches added the night of with no rhyme or reason lol.
    Trips hasn't exactly set the world on fire with any of his recent matches. AJ would certainly be a guy that could bring out the best in him but, I mean, Rollins is pretty damn good and his match with Trips was fine, I guess, but not anything top tier. And yeah, story-wise, there's stuff you could work with like you said but I don't see it being anything particularly riveting (make it Trips' retirement match, i suppose) and they'd have to get it cooking pretty quick.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trips hasn't exactly set the world on fire with any of his recent matches. AJ would certainly be a guy that could bring out the best in him but, I mean, Rollins is pretty damn good and his match with Trips was fine, I guess, but not anything top tier. And yeah, story-wise, there's stuff you could work with like you said but I don't see it being anything particularly riveting (make it Trips' retirement match, i suppose) and they'd have to get it cooking pretty quick.
    Well no I don't expect a guy with Triple H's tenure and injuries over the years to be delivering top tier matches. I wouldn't put Rollins in the same category as Styles either but again, we're talking about Triple H. Not many pushing 50 still able to have even a decent match let alone a top tier match.

This is something like pretty much all angles that we would need to see it happen. Imagine if Dexter Lumis came out and helped AJ win? See, already won you over lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dreaded NXT call up. No, thanks. But if Trips has to be on the card, AJ would be on the extremely short list of best options for an opponent. Of course the true best option is Trips not being on the card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dreaded NXT call up. No, thanks. But if Trips has to be on the card, AJ would be on the extremely short list of best options for an opponent. Of course the true best option is Trips not being on the card.
    I would prefer him not to be on the card especially if they just throw something together last minute. Personally I don't think he even needs a "last WM match moment" but he will probably get it since Flair, Shawn, Taker, Angle, and even Batista did. He did win his last Mania match (against Batista) so if that's the end, I'm fine with that, I just don't see it happening.

I say hold off on this year, and then next year you can build up to something better than Kurt Angle got lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we can definitely count on Roman Reigns v. Edge and Sasha Banks v. Bianca Belair.

Tonight I assume at least the WWE and Raw Women's championship matches will have a more defined role.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tickets that were supposed to go on sale tomorrow have now been postponed with an announcement of a new date coming sometime next week. Plans are "still being finalized" according to WWE in regards to the rollout for tickets.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The tickets that were supposed to go on sale tomorrow have now been postponed with an announcement of a new date coming sometime next week. Plans are "still being finalized" according to WWE in regards to the rollout for tickets.
    AKA “We wrote a cheque that COVID won’t let us cash.”

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Dana White's announcement that UFC 261 will have a full house has no doubt prompted Vince to try and do the same.

I see that the Hurt Business have been suddenly ditched as champions so that AJ & Omos can get a shot at the New Day. Sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even know what to say about New Day v. AJ Styles and Lebron James.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked AJ talking about never being tag champs in WWE. Went back and watched some of Omos in NXT. It's not like the guy moves like Khali but he really should be the muscle that gets AJ the top title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it does feel very last minute. It feels like "what if we can't have Mania again at the last minute" type of booking right now. Did they really have Hurt Business losing their titles to set up some random AJ/Lebron v. New Day match at Mania? Doubtful. I still kinda dig it and you know New Day are going to have some wild ass cosplay shit.

Not to mention, I think Shelton and Cedric are seriously lacking in comparison to others in the company. If they really wanted to go that "all ebony" vibe maybe get Swerve in the group. Someone who can wrestle AND has personality, charisma, the look. Cedric and Shelton just kind of exist in this world. Dry ass talent.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll go on sale Friday.

Reportedly, the cap will be 25,000 for each of the two nights.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 17th, 2021 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25,000 is still a ton of people and it'll be nice to see a crowd of actual people.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    HULK HOGAN® AND TITUS O'NEIL® TO HOST WRESTLEMANIA®

STAMFORD, Conn., March 19, 2021 – WrestleMania is back in business as WWE® (NYSE:WWE) today announced that WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan and WWE Superstar Titus O'Neil will host the two-night pop culture extravaganza at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay on Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11, 2021.

Interesting combination.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's weird to have tickets go on sale without knowing who is wrestling which night. I mean if you want to see Edge wrestle, you don't know which night he is on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's weird to have tickets go on sale without knowing who is wrestling which night. I mean if you want to see Edge wrestle, you don't know which night he is on.
    Tickets usually go on sale many months in advance and usually the card isn't even finalized until a week or two prior so does it even matter?

You buy a ticket the previous May, by the following April half the roster could be injured lol.