Page 222 of 229 FirstFirst ... 212218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 22,101 to 22,200 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apollo Crews...Random Vigilante.

I hope he gets obsessed about all the law-breaking that is allowed to go on, and starts also making citizen's arrests.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Five Takeaways:
    So the creative figures in NXT must really like Alba, Vinci, and McDonagh because rather than dumping them, they’re just randomly trying to repackage them. With that, makes sense that the one fka Devlin was going to come back after he lost his right to be in NXT UK after losing to Dragunov. Let the Mustache Mountain implosion run it’s course relatively quickly and bring Tyler Bate (as Tyler Bate) to 2.0. Side note, why the hell is the closing shot of McDonagh a wink but he’s wearing sunglasses? Hahaha.

I’m moderately intrigued with what they’re ultimately trying to accomplish with Wes Lee. He got dealt a bad hand with the tag team dismantling and then they’ve been trying to re-establish him as a solo act. Overly moody yes, but he’s pretty good at trying to get a character across on screen through nonverbal actions and even more so through verbal actions tonight. The jousting between Williams and Lee was good, and we’re going to see if Williams can develop in the ring with a good worker in there with him. The fact they’re willing to let him fight his own battles without Hayes being around is a nice touch too.

Whoever is running 2.0 needs to just hire Crews to manage the parking lot. Seems like he’s got badass heroics on his mind and will likely clean that disaster area up in due time.

Kayden and Katana sounded dumb as hell getting mad that Roxanne and Cora were going to call their shot and challenge Toxic Attraction for the tag titles. K&K lost, and Roxanne won a tournament to earn a championship shot. Sucks to suck, but they had their chance and lost. Booking a No. 1 contenders match between them doesn’t make sense because Roxanne and Cora can lose and still challenge Toxic Attraction lol.

Based on how pointless the segments have been the last few days, I halfway assumed Vince was going to show up here to announce that the main event of the night was D’Angelo against Hayes for the NA Championship. Seemed like the match was more about the angle than the match itself, which is fine, I guess. D’Angelo can work a straightforward match but I’m not sure he’s at a stage where he can help elevate a match to a higher gear. Legado screwed The Don, and I guess we’re ready for the next step there. As for Hayes, Sikoa should be the ideal choice but he’s stuck in 50-50 booking land with Waller.
    Eh, I kind of disagree. The KCs lost their match at the last Takeover due to a cheap shot (still unsure why that isn't being addressed), and just won like an hour earlier against the only other established tag team. I think (in story terms) they have every right to be angry that a new team would just cut in line since Roxanne teased using her contract for the tag titles, which btw, makes Roxanne look dumb and scared of Mandy. I think Roxanne is the perfect person to take the title off of Mandy. I imagine next week will end in a DQ, with both teams going against Jacy/Gigi at the next Takeover.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Eh, I kind of disagree. The KCs lost their match at the last Takeover due to a cheap shot (still unsure why that isn't being addressed), and just won like an hour earlier against the only other established tag team. I think (in story terms) they have every right to be angry that a new team would just cut in line since Roxanne teased using her contract for the tag titles, which btw, makes Roxanne look dumb and scared of Mandy. I think Roxanne is the perfect person to take the title off of Mandy. I imagine next week will end in a DQ, with both teams going against Jacy/Gigi at the next Takeover.
    Yeah honestly it makes zero sense for Roxanne to cash in on the tag-team champs. It makes perfect sense for one of the mainstay tag-teams of NXT to be negative toward a singles wrestler coming in and as you said cut in line.

The one thing I will say is that when will it be time for Katana and Kayden to win those titles and have a nice run? I fear that if they do win it, they'll drop them at the next show. I'm honestly not a fan of Kayden. Katana is someone who I think could be a Juventud/Rey Mysterio type in the women's division. I'm not saying crazy dives to the outside but that smaller, fast paced style. She has a cool name, looks great. Too bad she's not with Ricochet still but if they're cool I'd even pair them together as an active pair. We really haven't seen a legit co-ed pairing like that since the days of Santino and Beth where both are actually wrestling and not just once in a blue moon the female wrestles.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT is the dumbest name since Triple H. We've just gotten used to it that we accept it. It needs a complete overhaul. Like, I wouldn't call it FCW or anything like that, but anything is better than NXT.

And Grayson Waller? Alba Fire? What is this, an angelfire name generator? I could come up with better names out of my butt.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was that cheap of a win and I think commentary is adequately addressing how it wasn't cheap by not bringing it up. They can be upset but it doesn't change the fact that Roxanne can pretty much cut to the front of the line by winning the tournament. It was a dumb premise for the segment because it didn't really account for what they established as a possibility. Seemed like Roxanne knew she wasn't exactly ready to step up to Mandy right now and getting to team with her friend and try to win the championships was the best route for her.

Just seems like K&K don't have a lot of steam behind them. They've improved as a team but I can't see them running whatever the division is supposed to be. They feel like glorified fillers right now.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was that cheap of a win and I think commentary is adequately addressing how it wasn't cheap by not bringing it up. They can be upset but it doesn't change the fact that Roxanne can pretty much cut to the front of the line by winning the tournament. It was a dumb premise for the segment because it didn't really account for what they established as a possibility. Seemed like Roxanne knew she wasn't exactly ready to step up to Mandy right now and getting to team with her friend and try to win the championships was the best route for her.

Just seems like K&K don't have a lot of steam behind them. They've improved as a team but I can't see them running whatever the division is supposed to be. They feel like glorified fillers right now.
    You could totally be right in that they may just be the filler tag team, and another obstacle for Roxanne and Cora to overcome. It's a shame, because they are the most cohesive and longest tenured women's tag team in the entire company, and the crowd and the internet are both solidly behind them. I don't feel like they need to run the division like TA (they wouldn't anyway, because they are faces), but I honestly feel like they deserve a small reign as the tag champs, even if that means dropping the titles to Cora and Roxanne at the following PPV.

If they lose the #1 contender match or the chance to win the titles at the next Takeover, I truly don't see why they are needed in NXT anymore.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could totally be right in that they may just be the filler tag team, and another obstacle for Roxanne and Cora to overcome. It's a shame, because they are the most cohesive and longest tenured women's tag team in the entire company, and the crowd and the internet are both solidly behind them. I don't feel like they need to run the division like TA (they wouldn't anyway, because they are faces), but I honestly feel like they deserve a small reign as the tag champs, even if that means dropping the titles to Cora and Roxanne at the following PPV.

If they lose the #1 contender match or the chance to win the titles at the next Takeover, I truly don't see why they are needed in NXT anymore.
    The only purpose I see for the match is to show that Cora and Roxanne can work as a team. Not as bad because we know they can work, but kind of like how D'Angelo's goons "needed" to have a match prior to the six-man. Seems like they just want you to know this team can be a team so they'll go out and beat one en route to the actual match against TA. It's all negated because if K&K wins, which I highly doubt happens, then Roxanne can just invoke her clause with the Breakout to earn a tag title shot.

I think they're on the trajectory you're implying could be their future but that's through no fault of their own. It feels like to me that Kayden is the better worker of the two but there's more upside in Katana, more than likely. That said, the ceiling seems low as a team and would be even lower individually.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps worth nothing is that Katana just had a t-shirt released. Not a shirt for the team, no corresponding solo shirt for Kayden, either, just a shirt for Katana. I'd expect to see them split more so than win the titles at this point. Possibly as soon as they lose that #1 contenders match next week.

Was on vacation so I didn't watch the show until last night. Don't really feel like writing a full review at this point. Quick thoughts: don't care to see Devlin back new name or not, Crews' vignettes continue to be weird, good promo from Lee, Solo losing to Waller was an odd choice. I guess if you care for my thoughts on anything else, you can ask.
    Last edited by mth; June 26th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird move to put the UK belts on the country boys but I guess that gives Pretty Deadly something to do too.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was curious how they'd write out Two Dimes but have to admit that murder did not cross my mind...

Cora/Roxanne getting a tag shot without having to use the contract is kinda weird but I guess they can keep it for if they come up short or get screwed. I thought the KCs might be splitting but it seems more like they're turning heel perhaps and finally fulfilling that rumor from two years ago...

Goddamn i wish Jiro was more than just a jobber to the stars but he does a damn good job of it. Sold like a champ and it was a fun little squash, at least.

Not sure if other folks are aware but NXT stars pop over to NXT UK pretty regularly but this is the first time they've won gold, I believe. Not a bad idea for cross promotion but it's a bit odd for the belts to come over and they're seemingly are going to be defended on 2.0 unless PD are going to challenge on UK? Hopefully PD don't win and go back to UK 'cuz I need them in my life.

Solo Indi is not doing it for me. She was interesting because she had The Way and Dexter to play off of but now that she's alone, I just don't care, try as a I might. Did not expect Kiana to win so that was a nice surprise, i guess, her nerd with glasses gimmick is lame but at least she's got the bare bones of a character which is more than can be said for a lot of folks.

Holy shit the Dyad need to ditch their Snuggies ASAP. They look so fucking dumb. Glad the Diamond Mine implosion seems to be moving along, can't happen soon enough.

Hayes vs. Waller is an odd choice and it's weird that Solo got bumped out when he had next.

Sanga with the new gear, no more Strowman Lite. Match was alright, did not expect Sanga to win. On the one hand, I like Sanga and he's looked like a the least effective big man since Bam Neely, so that is good but at the same time, Quinn's a guy that should be getting momentum and becoming a threat to the NA title or whatever so he's kind of been stumbling with this and the loss to Lee as of late. A match with Crews should be quite good but I'm not optimistic he'll win that, either.

Rose vs. Lyons was solid while it lasted and Lyons looked pretty damn dominant so that makes another round seem worthwhile.

God, it was good to hear Grimes dipping back into the heel mode that he was so good in before this weak-sauce face run. Mic exchange was quite decent. Injury angle was pretty well done and they've added some much needed heat to this feud. i wasn't too hyped before but this helped put some mustard on it.

Sidenote: they're bleeping "holy shit" chants now for some reason. It's annoying. They let them fly forever and they even had folks saying "shit" in a couple promos (as well as "bitch" pretty regularly) so it's kind of weird.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Takeaways:
    I talked about one side of the scenario with Roxanne and Cora being in a No. 1 contenders match for the tag titles last week. Didn’t address the other, which was assumed by me: Roxanne still keeps her Breakout Contract opportunity since they beat K&K here. Calling K&K the locker room leaders prior to the match seemed a bit rich. If they’re stuck at their glass ceiling, a turn is a logical recommendation. The problem with that is I have a very hard time buying them as heels. They’re going to need a big overhaul (again), then work as convincing heels in the ring. They might have the cocky part down but there’s more to it than that. Not for nothing, I’d be down to see more between Roxanne and Katana. Roxanne is already a fairly solid ring general and the size works to where Katana can try some stuff.

Mentioned back in mid May but Indi is absolutely lost as a character without someone to work off of. If they don’t really find a lane for her in the very near future, I won’t be surprised if she’s part of the next round of cuts or the one after that.

Hayes/Waller will be good but it does really undercut the momentum they’ve tried to establish for Sikoa. Unlike Indi, Waller is good working on his own but has sustainability working off someone else. He’s clearly money with Tiffany, and there’s some potential there with Hayes & Williams as he’s an annoying hanger-on type.

There was no time wasted with Nikkita’s return, having her face Mandy right off the bat. Not bad to run that match but seems perplexing to have it absolutely cold as they’re a story they could establish for a few weeks and build that for a big main event. It wasn’t a technical masterpiece and Nikkita was repetitive with her attacks quite often, but there’s certainly potential there between the two of them. I want to see more of that.

Holy hell, injuries really messed with Barrett. That dude hasn’t worked in a while and he still looked imposing compared to Grimes and even Breakker. Good interaction between the competitors, verbally and physically. Breakker has looked very good against top workers and hit or miss against other types. This should be a good one for him. I wouldn’t be opposed to a title change here.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two younglings seem to be in a good position. Roxanne was solid in the tag championship match as they took the titles from TA. This played out exactly how I thought it would, when they kept laying on thick that Cora and Roxanne were so chummy. I imagine a chunk of people forgot that Roxanne still had the breakout cash-in. This might prove to be a youthful mistake though, cashing in on it so quickly after winning the tag gold. Trick Williams seems to be embracing Grayson Waller’s gimmick gear more lol. Good but with the alcohol on the hands and a tricky way to use it to secure the win over Wes Lee. Williams still seems fairly green in the ring but there’s promise there. I do like the fact that Hayes reciprocates the backup duty when it’s Williams’ time to shine.

Roxanne and Williams are in their own tier of development, but Tiffany seems to be on the fast track. She’s made so many advances since she debuted, and the match with Wendy was good. The impromptu brawl was a nice touch to freshen things up. It had two good callbacks to Mei Ying as Wendy used the powder and then they panned to her sitting in the throne. The loss for Wendy here probably cements a certain ceiling for her in NXT, and it seems like they’re in on heating up Tiffany for bigger things.

Definitely a heated NA Championship match. If nothing else, Hayes and Waller do a very good job of drawing reactions from the crowd. Despite being heel/heel this was a easy to digest match and it seemed like they didn’t have to work too hard to get things going. I’d feel so much better about Hayes’ overall upside if he were called up if he had Waller’s height. I just think Vince isn’t going to get down with a shorter guy. Hayes retained, Waller looked good, and not a single peep about Sikoa at the time. Apparently he’s going to tussle with Wagner. I guess that could be a two birds with one stone circumstance: make Wagner more “imposing” and a way to write Sikoa off NXT.

There wasn’t much to the Diamond Mine Civil War. It was fine but it also was hurt by the implied fact that this isn’t really over because Strong didn’t seem all hunky dory after his side was put in its place by taking the L. Bigger takeaway is the Brutus Bomb needs to be shelved. It looks way too painful for a guy his size and doesn’t make a lot of sense when he’s diving on one guy. Makes more sense diving into a pile.

The main event was good but it left me wanting a little more more. I think there was a better match in there but there was a lot of storytelling with the bum shoulder for Breakker. Guys need to learn that if a dude has a spear finisher, do not jump off anything that leaves you exposed to eat a spear. Grimes didn’t look like he was going for anything at the finish, which made that less appetizing. Breakker felt the wrath of McDonagh with the old NXT post-credit attack. Big jump, right to the top of the picture for the “Necessary Evil”. I’ll take Faux Bálor over Gacy evil nine times out of 10.

Bonus Takeaway: E for effort for teasing something QR code. The code led you to 8:10:11. Not a clue to what that was. I’ve been wondering what the hell happened to A-Kid and I guess he’s suddenly turned into John Nash or “Axiom”. Lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was surprised Quincy Elliott got a speaking part in the opening video considering he's never really been featured outside of Level Up so most folks would have no idea who he is.

Women's tag title match felt pretty underwhelming. Didn't help that half of it was in the ad break. I had the winner spoiled ahead of time so that took a little of the oomf out of it but it seemed like the match just got going and then it was over without much drama. Doubt that Roxanne's going to be a double champ next week but I wouldn't put it past them, either.

Nice entrance for Trick and creative finish. Seems like their priming him as a solo act and I do think the guy seems like money.

I missed the non-ad break portion of Choo/Stratton which sucks as it was one of the matches I was looking forward to. Stratton winning is cool, though.

Crews' promo was fine and a match with Vinci should be a banger.

Hayes vs. Waller was MOTN for me. Shame they are both heels so the dynamic was a little wonky and harder to get invested in but that action was on point. Really like Waller's flipping Unprettier even if it's ridiculous. Solo Sikoa disappearing from the NA title scene despite having next really odd. The call-up rumor made sense of it until he appeared later in the show and instead it just seems he's gone in a different direction.

Skipped the tag title match 'cuz I give no shit's about Diamond Mine. Just break up already.

I assumed A-Kid's run was just an underwhelming cup of coffee but seems he'll be back and with a repackaging which is fine. Always glad to see someone get some degree of character. Seems like he'd pair well with Kiana James.

Main event was good but could have been better. Doing these on weekly TV and trying to fit too many matches on the show kind of stunts things by having to run chunks of matches during ads and things not really getting to ramp up to a next level. You don't really end up with PLE quality, you just have some good TV matches. This felt like that. Would have liked to see more desperation from Grimes, more aggression/heelish tactics, and digging out some more big spots to try to get it done, and Breakker not being able to put him away a couple more times to really show how much he wanted/needed this. Can't say as I'm too thrilled about JD being Bron's next guy, like I said not a fan, but whatever. He can work and seems to have a bit more of a character now than previously. His hair is ridiculous, though.
    Last edited by mth; July 6th, 2022 at 12:02 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    His hair is ridiculous, though.
    I'm assuming this is being used as a compliment lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone know why WWE released the Undisputed Era theme on Spotify yesterday? Are they coming back??? Diamond Mine vs. Undisputed Era! FIGHT FOREVER

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Cora Jade should be the next women's champion. I wish she was around 15 years ago.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinci/Crews opener was a banger. Loved the spot where Vinci caught Crews in mid-air coming off the rope and suplexed him. Could’ve gone wrong but it was well done. Vinci’s strength is underrated.

Schism? Only plus point is it’s named after one of my favourite Tool songs but otherwise bleh.

Indi/Lash. Eeewww that was one ugly-ass botch at the end from Indi which ruined the match. Not really feeling this Alba Fyre thing either.

Best part of the Wagner/Solo brawl was the end where Stone gets thrown in the trash. Poor dude always getting humiliated lol. Hopefully Solo can just win the feud and move on.

Any theories as to what the “Scan Here” vignette along with the 8:10:11 vignette is referring to. According to the Wordle-like puzzle, five letter word with the last letter being C and O being in the word.

Chase U continuing to be one of my favourite comedy bits every week.

Grimes/JD match will probably result in a triple threat with Bron for the title down the line.

Briggs/Jensen and Pretty Deadly could be a good match. Just not really enthused on Briggs/Jensen and their gimmick to be honest.

The women’s tag titles continue to be cursed when Toxic Attraction weren’t holding them lol. Called it at the start that it was probably Cora all along that attacked her in the war zone that is the parking lot. I’m much more interested in Cora now to see what she can do as a heel. Kinda too bad the skateboard broke early before she started hitting Roxanne with it lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would Cora turn on her own partner the week after the win the titles? Because Roxanne's selfish for still challenging Mandy? Cora knew Roxy still had that match coming up so why team up in the first place? Are they going to vacate the titles now? Was this a swerve for the sake of a swerve? Too many question marks from me???

And why gimmick the skateboard? It's super tiny. Breaking isn't going to make the beat down look better.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crews/Vinci was very good. Really excited for Crews/Quinn, as well. Would really like to see these guys in the NA Title scene with something more on the line and some PPV level matches.

Was really hoping Grimes was fully turning heel after losing to Breakker but sad Grimes starting up something with JD seems to indicate otherwise. Meh. Match should be good, at least.

Paxley impressed me for the first time with a few moves in her match with Kayden, who also did a few cool moves, too. Funny how the Ivy/Tatum thing seems to disappear for a month or so and then resurface. Maybe keep them together and go for the tag titles?

I'm sorry but I love Sanga. What a big hunk of a bear of a man. Hudson's alright, too, but he's fallen quite far.

I love Sikoa but Wagner's easily my least favorite guy in all of WWE so I really don't care about their shit. Hopefully they have a street fight that Solo wins so he can move on to better things. Unfortunately, Wagner will still be around doing things after that. Stone going tossed in the bin was great.

Oh poor sweet Indi. I reckon her time might be near. Story/charter-wise it feels like she's fizzling out and then that big whiffer on her finish. I'm into Lash and Alba, though. Let's get a basketball on a pole/baseball bat on a pole match, heh.

Don't care about the D'Angelo family stuff. Let's get Escobar back and put the blow-off on this story, please. Blade/Enofi always impress, I must say.

I'll admit that Cora being the culprit occurred to me a few times throughout the night but I dismissed it as being too early and reasoned it away but when she came out to try to take her spot, that kind of confirmed it. It was all well played except for her breakaway skateboard breaking away too soon which sadly put a bit of a laugh in the middle of what should've been a meaningful moment. It'll be interesting to see how the tag titles are handled. Please gawd don't let TA win them right back.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crews/Vinci was very good. Really excited for Crews/Quinn, as well. Would really like to see these guys in the NA Title scene with something more on the line and some PPV level matches.

Was really hoping Grimes was fully turning heel after losing to Breakker but sad Grimes starting up something with JD seems to indicate otherwise. Meh. Match should be good, at least.

Paxley impressed me for the first time with a few moves in her match with Kayden, who also did a few cool moves, too. Funny how the Ivy/Tatum thing seems to disappear for a month or so and then resurface. Maybe keep them together and go for the tag titles?

I'm sorry but I love Sanga. What a big hunk of a bear of a man. Hudson's alright, too, but he's fallen quite far.

I love Sikoa but Wagner's easily my least favorite guy in all of WWE so I really don't care about their shit. Hopefully they have a street fight that Solo wins so he can move on to better things. Unfortunately, Wagner will still be around doing things after that. Stone going tossed in the bin was great.

Oh poor sweet Indi. I reckon her time might be near. Story/charter-wise it feels like she's fizzling out and then that big whiffer on her finish. I'm into Lash and Alba, though. Let's get a basketball on a pole/baseball bat on a pole match, heh.

Don't care about the D'Angelo family stuff. Let's get Escobar back and put the blow-off on this story, please. Blade/Enofi always impress, I must say.

I'll admit that Cora being the culprit occurred to me a few times throughout the night but I dismissed it as being too early and reasoned it away but when she came out to try to take her spot, that kind of confirmed it. It was all well played except for her breakaway skateboard breaking away too soon which sadly put a bit of a laugh in the middle of what should've been a meaningful moment. It'll be interesting to see how the tag titles are handled. Please gawd don't let TA win them right back.
    I truly can't imagine who else would except for maybe the now tweener team of Katana and Kayden. I could maybe see the titles vacated and a triple threat happen between Tatum/Ivy, the KCs, and TA. Maybe that would be the best way for the KCs to finally get a chance with the titles?

Personally, I'd send TA and the KCs straight to the main roster as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it's a good idea to rush them to a main roster that has a completely comatose tag division. Probably just see the KCs jobbing to the various random pairings of women who get runs with the titles for some reason. You'd really have to work to rebuild the division around those two teams if anything and even if you wanted to do that, Vince would probably just rename/regimmick them if they got called up, split them up, push Jacey as the solo act for some reason, etc.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it's a good idea to rush them to a main roster that has a completely comatose tag division. Probably just see the KCs jobbing to the various random pairings of women who get runs with the titles for some reason. You'd really have to work to rebuild the division around those two teams if anything and even if you wanted to do that, Vince would probably just rename/regimmick them if they got called up, split them up, push Jacey as the solo act for some reason, etc.
    LOL he most certainly would do something silly like that.

I think I just see something in the KCs that maybe other people don't? Like they are over with the crowd (frequently get "this is awesome" chants in their tag matches), very fine in the ring, if not a bit spotty (but are always looking better and better), and both are way more natural on the mic than many of the women in the company. Plus, they've been in NXT now since... 2019 (I guess technically 2018 because of the MYC). Aside from Indi and Io, they've been on the main NXT roster the longest, so in my mind either give them a shot with the titles or bring them up to a non-existent tag division on the main roster lol. They are both in their 30s (literally the oldest women on the NXT roster), while the rest of the women's division is YOUNG.

Give those ladies a chance with something, I say!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BuffyRocks I'm a fan of the tag-team but only because of Kacy aka Katana or whatever the fuck. IMHO they fucked up having her in this tag-team and not have them accomplish really anything but I think one tag-team title match that they lost.

1 of 2 things need to happen. Win the tag titles, lose them a few months later and one of them turn on the other. Or you give them one last tag title match, they lose, and one of them turns blaming the other way for the last 2-3 years of not accomplishing jack shit. But again, I think the WWE pissed away quite a bit of Kacy especially when you think about how she had some steam behind her name when she first signed and was in the Royal Rumble.

I think Kacy could be a huge babyface both in NXT and the main roster. Kayden, the jury's still out on her imo.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her teaming w/ Carter was the best thing to happen to her. Her progression since her MYC days is astounding, including her charisma and selling. She's a tiny thing, but man she's on her way and it's partly due to how much she's learned w/ Carter.

I agree that Kayden's kinda iffy, but Katana has potential to be a big star.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Her teaming w/ Carter was the best thing to happen to her. Her progression since her MYC days is astounding, including her charisma and selling. She's a tiny thing, but man she's on her way and it's partly due to how much she's learned w/ Carter.

I agree that Kayden's kinda iffy, but Katana has potential to be a big star.
    It's done nothing but hold her down and waste away in a tag-team in the developmental brand of a company who doesn't give 2 shits and a fuck about their women's tag division-or even tag-team wrestling with actual teams.

Instead of being on her own, maintaining her American Ninja Warrior shine, she's been hanging out with an extremely boring, subpar talent. If anything I would argue that Kayden has benefitted greatly from being in a tag-team with someone that was already charismatic, fun to watch in the ring, and on her way to something other than a lame ass tag-team nobody gives a shit about but myself and Buffy.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's done nothing but hold her down and waste away in a tag-team in the developmental brand of a company who doesn't give 2 shits and a fuck about their women's tag division-or even tag-team wrestling with actual teams.

Instead of being on her own, maintaining her American Ninja Warrior shine, she's been hanging out with an extremely boring, subpar talent. If anything I would argue that Kayden has benefitted greatly from being in a tag-team with someone that was already charismatic, fun to watch in the ring, and on her way to something other than a lame ass tag-team nobody gives a shit about but myself and Buffy.
    Hahaha omg I you.

You and I are absolutely aligned on Kacy/Katana I think she's a star. She seems to be a unique combination of Naomi and Bliss, except I think she's more crisp than Naomi. Plus, she can sell her ass off, and I think she could be a huge babyface if given just a little bit of attention. I used to be really lukewarm on Kayden, but as an actual wrestler, she's made some fabulous improvements over the past 2 years. I also think they are genuinely best friends in real life, which makes me like their tag team even more. I think they deserve a small run with the NXT tag titles. But I also wouldn't be upset if they just showed up on Raw next week, as both are more than ready to be on the main roster.

To a much lesser degree, they have kind of been given the Liv treatment. They beat the other tag teams (they even beat Gigi and Jacy before TA had the titles), but have lost their title opportunities (they've had two). They had tons of momentum going into the Dusty Cup but lost the second round both times. If they aren't going to give them the titles, I fear they may split them up (I'd like them to remain a team for a while longer) or release them before they even get a chance on the main roster. I think now is the time to pull the trigger on them.

Just my thoughts, y'all.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha omg I you.

You and I are absolutely aligned on Kacy/Katana I think she's a star. She seems to be a unique combination of Naomi and Bliss, except I think she's more crisp than Naomi. Plus, she can sell her ass off, and I think she could be a huge babyface if given just a little bit of attention. I used to be really lukewarm on Kayden, but as an actual wrestler, she's made some fabulous improvements over the past 2 years. I also think they are genuinely best friends in real life, which makes me like their tag team even more. I think they deserve a small run with the NXT tag titles. But I also wouldn't be upset if they just showed up on Raw next week, as both are more than ready to be on the main roster.

To a much lesser degree, they have kind of been given the Liv treatment. They beat the other tag teams (they even beat Gigi and Jacy before TA had the titles), but have lost their title opportunities (they've had two). They had tons of momentum going into the Dusty Cup but lost the second round both times. If they aren't going to give them the titles, I fear they may split them up (I'd like them to remain a team for a while longer) or release them before they even get a chance on the main roster. I think now is the time to pull the trigger on them.

Just my thoughts, y'all.
    I agree. I wouldn't just say the Liv treatment but maybe the Riott Squad treatment. They're right there, and then they lose. When/if they finally do win tag gold, it'll be one of those "you deserve it" moments for being stuck in a tag-team in a company that doesn't give a shit about tag-teams. Just like Liv finally winning the title, just sucks we never saw Liv/Ruby get a run. Or even Liv/the other one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katana wouldn't have progressed this much if not for teaming w/ Carter. Lots of folks start to get it when they learn the ropes in tag teaming. See Shawn Michaels.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Katana wouldn't have progressed this much if not for teaming w/ Carter. Lots of folks start to get it when they learn the ropes in tag teaming. See Shawn Michaels.
    I'm seeing Shawn Michaels, but he benefited greatly early on from riding with Rock N Roll Express and having Marty who was already in the business teaming up with him. IDK if Kayden is on the level of Marty, Ricky, or Robert but whatever sells your argument.

Personally I think she would've progressed just fine on her own. Sadly for us there's no way to really tell because they've been attached to the hip going on about 3 years now. I think Kayden's still the same person we saw debut at the MYC. Kacy has evolved. Do we credit her being in a tag-team because of that when the other person is stuck in neutral?

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I wouldn't just say the Liv treatment but maybe the Riott Squad treatment. They're right there, and then they lose. When/if they finally do win tag gold, it'll be one of those "you deserve it" moments for being stuck in a tag-team in a company that doesn't give a shit about tag-teams. Just like Liv finally winning the title, just sucks we never saw Liv/Ruby get a run. Or even Liv/the other one.
    Ruby and Liv absolutely should have won the titles from Shayna/Nia at WM; this is a hill I will die on. I know Tamina is dearly loved by the locker room, and I love that for her. But the woman is not good in the ring or on the mic at all. Like, she's actively bad. There's no reason someone like Tamina should have won the tag titles a few weeks after WM, while poor Ruby was released and Liv was left to fend for herself.

Totally will be a "you deserve it" moment for the KCs if that moment happens. I just fear that it won't happen, sadly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruby and Liv absolutely should have won the titles from Shayna/Nia at WM; this is a hill I will die on. I know Tamina is dearly loved by the locker room, and I love that for her. But the woman is not good in the ring or on the mic at all. Like, she's actively bad. There's no reason someone like Tamina should have won the tag titles a few weeks after WM, while poor Ruby was released and Liv was left to fend for herself.

Totally will be a "you deserve it" moment for the KCs if that moment happens. I just fear that it won't happen, sadly.
    I think Tamina throws a nice savate kick. I think Tamina as AJ Lee's bodyguard and as the "muscle" of Team B.A.D. was cool. I would've been fine with a Tamina title run under the right angle whether that's tag or singles. But if we're talking Ruby/Liv, they should've had a run before Tamina and Nattie. I can appreciate the first ever 3rd generation tag-team champions in WWE nod Tamina/Nattie get, but even as someone who wasn't a fan of the Squad, it didn't make sense not to pull the trigger on them sooner.

If the KC's don't win the tag titles it'll be bitter sweet but I think it should lead to one of them turning heel on the other. IMHO, Kayden turns heel and talks shit about Kacy's accomplishments outside of the WWE. Kacy's already a star Kayden is someone like Christian or Matt Hardy who needed to turn on their partner and show what they could do as heels. Range as they say in the acting world right?

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Tamina throws a nice savate kick. I think Tamina as AJ Lee's bodyguard and as the "muscle" of Team B.A.D. was cool. I would've been fine with a Tamina title run under the right angle whether that's tag or singles. But if we're talking Ruby/Liv, they should've had a run before Tamina and Nattie. I can appreciate the first ever 3rd generation tag-team champions in WWE nod Tamina/Nattie get, but even as someone who wasn't a fan of the Squad, it didn't make sense not to pull the trigger on them sooner.

If the KC's don't win the tag titles it'll be bitter sweet but I think it should lead to one of them turning heel on the other. IMHO, Kayden turns heel and talks shit about Kacy's accomplishments outside of the WWE. Kacy's already a star Kayden is someone like Christian or Matt Hardy who needed to turn on their partner and show what they could do as heels. Range as they say in the acting world right?
    That's what we say, indeed!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grimes vs. JD was good. Winner wasn't in question with them obviously prepping JD for a shot at Bron. Grimes being scouted by Gacy is sort of interesting, I guess.

Jade's explanation promo was some of her best mic work yet though she overdid the arrogant chuckles a bit. reasoning made sense, though, and the crowd was all in on booing her for the turn. I could see some folks being cheesed off by her dropping the title in the trash but that's totally the point and if it makes others (like Nile, it seems) wanting to fight that much harder for the belts, it actually elevates them in the long run.

I like Kemp. Good god Roddy can't act worth shit. Diamond Mine versus D'Angelo family will probably have a lot going on with the Mine's implosion furthering plus the likely return of Escobar and Legado fucking over Tony D., and as I'm eager for both these angles to move along/end, I'll be somewhat interested.

Glad they finally unmasked Dyad so they can stop wearing that stupid gear. The makeovers for GYV are a clean shave and a Kane eye for the bald dude which is pretty funny. Their new names are pretty bad but also very pro wrestling, so that's better than something forgettable. Hopefully this group can get some things clicking now and it'll be interesting to see how this stuff with Grimes plays out.

Pretty Deadly's cowboy gear was awesome. They really should get called up to join MMM. Match was good.

Breakker/JD promo segment was fine. Not particularly interest in this feud, though. Not much meat to it. Also, it doesn't look good for the champ to arrive halfway through the show. That's the dude that should be there early and be last to leave ( unless he's a heel).

I suspect some won't like the Axiom gimmick and think it's lame or childish or whatever but I think a gimmick is better than no gimmick like A-Kid had before. I want characters not just bland dudes who are good in the ring.

I did not expect Zoey Stark's return and marked out. Battle Royal was quite good. Did a good job incorporating some on-going feuds and had some creative elimination spots. I was convinced Nikkita was winning so her getting dumped was a surprise and then I had legit forgot about Cora so I was geeking for Zoey, then she pops in and I thought they were going to do the ol' heel ducks out and then wins thing, so when Zoey just dumped her ass, I marked out yet again. Nice up and down ride of emotions at the close of it, good stuff. Very happy with Zoey getting the title shot, though I'm not too confidant she'll win it.
    Last edited by mth; July 19th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking of who Triple M could add to the group and Pretty Deadly would fit right in. I never really learned their names to differentiate between the two (same for GYV) so name changes to the main roster wouldn't matter. As for GYV being made over for Gacy's group... I'll wait for things to develop to decide whether they're being wasted or would've thrived in another spot. It's good they at least have something to work with.

Agree on the Cora promo. Convincing, but not 100%. She still came across as happy face Bayley forced into a heel role a little bit and not fully embracing the change. Like GYV, I'll give it time. The broken skateboard on her entrance was a nice touch I never noticed before to say whether that's new or not. Pretty productive show, nice tease with Grimes. I thought he was moving more to an aggressive face role but we'll see. It feels like there really is nothing more for him to accomplish in NXT. He got the title shot with Bron, lost the NA title to Hayes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably in the minority but I feel like the women in WWE whether that's NXT, Raw, SD, they're what draws me in the most. Especially NXT and it's been that way for years.

GYV were like the UK version of the Revival. On one hand I was a fan of that Brainbusters style tag-team but on the other hand I can see this change being a positive. Something different and they can always say "We were brainwashed!" and move on to something else. Biggest negative for NXT has always been the exposure, going back to the SyFy bullshit. When you have developmental talent being put on national/worldwide platforms, fans are going to start latching on those characters as they're being presented.

I'm really glad we weren't exposed to OVW like we are to NXT because who knows how John Cena and others would've been received. Would we expect Cena to be Prototype? How mad would we be if Brock and Shelton didn't debut as a tag-team after seeing them as a team for a year?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really express it regarding GYV/Dyad but I always found GYV extremely boring (see: good wrestlers, no gimmick/character) so at least this repackaging has me more interested in them from a character standpoint. I know they're solid in ring so they've kind of filled in the missing piece for me but time will tell if everything comes together now as Gacy's not my jam but maybe the group dynamic now will work better and this angle with Grimes will be something compelling.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So those first two QR codes. The first one 8-10-11 was 8 months and 10 days since Zoey was injured. 11 meaning November when she was attacked by Toxic Attraction and officially written off TV the week after her actual injury. The second one with the Wordle puzzle was HAVOC as in Halloween Havoc where she actually sustained the injury.

Pretty clever! Kept everyone guessing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sikoa's vignette, and the general style of it, were chef's kiss fantastic. Wagner actually ... .... ... he actually sounded good with his promo. The effort to clean up Sofia’s departure was subtle but worked for me.

In the land of the ladies: Mandy remembering Sarray breaking her face is long-term booking and continuity that warms my heart. Toxic seems like an act that probably needs to move on/up so the hierarchy can be re-established. Alundra Blayze showing up to recover the championship belt Cora threw into the trash was a nice surprise. Not sure where they'll go with the Fatal 4-Way. The dreamscape approach with Wendy is a bit intriguing, but I'm done with Wendy and Tiffany battling it out. Kiana’s taking Gulak’s power point gimmick. Meh, but it fits the look. Kiana and Thikkita should have a nice midcard feud.

We've seen a poker player as a wrestler and now it seems like we're seeing a physical therapist as a wrestler. McDonagh is embracing it, so that's a start. He didn't seem phased with Breakker getting the upper hand this time. The match should be good.

The Chase U act is a perfect fit for 2.0.

Really wouldn't be mad at Team 2.0 from War Games just getting called up now. Breakker, D'Angelo (with LDF), Hayes (with Williams) and Waller (even with Tiffany) would be a big infusion of talent to the main roster. That would gut the depth of 2.0, but I think the brand is establishing some notable depth that can work as they keep developing their "farm system".

Julius Creed needs more seasoning in the ring but he's set to be a legit player.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 27th, 2022 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zoey's opening promo was pretty decent. Jade showing up made sense and their exchange was good. TA said the stuff they always say.

Waller/Lee was quite good, fast paced action. Would like to see more from them with more time/higher stakes down the line. It's cool that Trick is developing his own stuff separate from Melo with his own feud and the tweaks to his presentation.

I thought Crews/Quinn would be better. It was ok but pretty forgettable. Quinn never really felt like he might win and Crews won with a move I don't think I've ever seen him use. I don't really get what they're doing with Quinn, he really never gains any momentum or seems like a threat despite how much Barrett puts him over on commentary.

Stark looked great against Gigi, who sold her finisher like a champ. I suspect we'll see Stark/Perez vs. Rose/Jade in the next week or two. Madusa showing up was a nice surprise and she did well enough in her segments.

JD's promo strolling around the crowd was different and interesting, at least. I didn't think it was entirely effective but bits of it were.

I did not expect Chase/Vinci to be our MOTN but here we are. Really good stuff for what I figured would be a meaningless squash win for Vinci.

Nice to see Grace getting to develop a bit more personality. Indi's current solo act feels fairly similar to what they're doing with Wes Lee, trying to find themselves as a solo act. I just don't know if it's working as well for her. I like her but whenever she's on, all I can do is think of The Way/InDex and how that's all over and done. I guess that's on me and not her fault, heh.

I did not care about the main event so I skipped through it, saw the finish and was surprised Escobar didn't return. i figured that's why it was the main event spot but nerp. Just Roddy accidentally hitting a Creed and hopefully this damn implosion concludes soon.

Ending the show with TA screaming at Medusa was weak and unnecessary.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone sell me on why I should give a shit about Zoey Starks other than her name? Not very good in the ring. Very robotic on the mic. Hated the tag-team with Shirai as it felt like Shirai took 4-5 steps back and for what? NXT Women's tag belts? The only championship that means less in all of wrestling is the FTW title.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be the only one who thinks JD McDonagh looks like an elf

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks JD McDonagh looks like an elf
    He is one ugly looking dude.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the KCs finally do it? Took them long enough to make them champs but glad they got there at last!

Marked hard for Escobar’s return.

Hopefully Solo is done with Wagner for good. Fun match though but yeah should be done.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    KC & KC hopefully will Keep Championships.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fatal fourway as pretty good. Better late than never for the KCs.

Funny way to set up Hayes/Frazer. Match was pretty decent. Vinci in the mix will produce some good in-ring stuff, too.

Championship summit was boring. Agree that JD's a bit goofy looking and I['m not totally sold on his character, it's kind of an odd mix of things that doesn't totally click.

Disappointed things haven't changed for Sarray and she's still just the jobber to the stars.

Hudson/Axiom stuff was fine. Not sure how over Axiom is going to get as it seems a bit cheesy but this served a decent purpose.

Skipped the tag title match because I don't care about the storylines but glad Escobar is back and this angle's looking to wrap up soon.

Skipped Gacy/Jensen. I did catch that GACY LIKES PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA, though.

Fyre/Legend was nothing, partially because most of it was during the ad. Didn't really feel like the animosity was being sold as much as it should be.

Main event was good enough. Seems like he came up a bit short on the plash so much so that Vic couldn't even call it one but at least the table broke. Hopefully Solo's going to go after a title or a main roster spot or something important soon and stop meandering around. I was surprised they addressed that he's got next thing that seemingly got dropped.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I was unsure about them splitting up Imperium but it’s worked out for the best. Vinci’s knocking it out the park in and out of the ring the last couple of weeks including a surprisingly great match with Chase of all people and the banger he had with Crews. Admittedly underestimated him succeeding on his own but he’s off to a terrific start.

On the other side of the coin, Kaiser will probably eventually stand up to Gunther. It’s going good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    At first I was unsure about them splitting up Imperium but it’s worked out for the best. Vinci’s knocking it out the park in and out of the ring the last couple of weeks including a surprisingly great match with Chase of all people and the banger he had with Crews. Admittedly underestimated him succeeding on his own but he’s off to a terrific start.

On the other side of the coin, Kaiser will probably eventually stand up to Gunther. It’s going good.
    Aichner was a damn dynamo in Imperium. With the other two guys being methodical and very direct with their attacks, he stood out as the high flyer. I didn’t worry about his ability to work on his own, but it was just a matter did the gimmick and how it translated. The act seems to work right now but the look is the only thing that looks different to him so while that’s mission accomplished for putting a fresh coat of paint on him, it’s lame in the sense not much has really changed to his work to compliment the presentation. We do some changes there to the move set and stuff of that ilk, then we’re really getting something fun for him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up and down show, but overall enjoyable. Great wrestling especially the opener, Carmelo vs Frazer, and Sikoa vs Wagner.

This JD McDonagh character is not working. I don't buy that he's a sadistic surgeon who takes people apart in the ring. His hand was shaking when he held it out to Bron.

What is with the Creeds? Do they know this is a work? Every time they wrestle it looks like they're legit trying to hurt people, especially Julius. Tony D and Stacks looked frustrated working with them and when Tony used that corkscrew suplex on Julius it felt like he put every ounce of strength into to it so it would really hurt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Creed Brothers are what The Steiner Brothers would have looked like if The Steiners never bothered to learn how to work and just relied on their brute strength and throwing techniques to have a match. If kayfabe was still a thing, The Creeds would totally be the guys you'd point your wrestling skeptic friends to and say "see, these two can't be fake".

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    JD McDonagh is awful. I hope Bron wipes the floor with him

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is Triple H's baby. Maybe The Triple H regime will see the finger paint splattered mess that NXT 2.0 has become and decide to retool. Strip everything back, keep the same guys and girls (not saying they need to slash and burn the roster), and go back to an NXT that feels more like an indie show/developmental run by the WWE and not an indie wrestling show run by the guy who owns the local used car lot who got his part-time wrestling promotion a spot on local access TV at 1 AM every Saturday night.

Mind you, NXT 2.0 never looked cheap. But some of the people they've been using and the goofy angles they've been using them in feels so Goddamn goofy, its like a local indie show. There's nobody on NXT I'd look at and just say "fuck you, go home, you're fired", but there's a fair few people who are damaged goods. Everybody needs an image rehab and an audience reset, because the brand is tarnished, not so much the individual wrestlers.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They need some vets in 2.0 to help the green guys and girls. I suppose you have Mandy Rose, but has she ever been known for her wrestling abiliity? Then they bring Dolph down for a month. Apollo is there. But they need people who will stay on the brand for a lengthy time. I'd hire some indy people, maybe bring in EC3, Strowman, let them have their CYN as a stable, feud with Joe Wayne Gacy and his druids.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they reload the roster (main or other) a little bit, to have some vets that could help the younger ones in NXT, similar to having Dolph there or Apollo or Natalya, but more longterm like 6-8 months or more.

There are some things NXT is doing which I like. I'm interested in Roxanne/Cora Jade and who goes which way from there. Gacy and Grimes has my interest but they need to do something quick with that. JD can go back to selling used cars or whatever his backstory is, live under a bridge or whatever the fuck.

I'm curious why they chose Lyons & Stark for the main roster tag titles tournament of all people. I don't think Toxic Attraction would've been the right choice either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    They need some vets in 2.0 to help the green guys and girls. I suppose you have Mandy Rose, but has she ever been known for her wrestling abiliity? Then they bring Dolph down for a month. Apollo is there. But they need people who will stay on the brand for a lengthy time. I'd hire some indy people, maybe bring in EC3, Strowman, let them have their CYN as a stable, feud with Joe Wayne Gacy and his druids.

Mandy Rose isn't much as far as wrestling goes. She's passable. But what she is, is an established performer in a high-profile position, given major matches, angles, a stable, and plenty of segment and interview time. She's not going to teach any new female talent how to have a 7-star Tokyo Dome Dave Meltzer Classic, but she can teach these newer women who are coming in with nominal amounts of experience, how to hit their time for TV, how to play a character, work a gimmick, and just be an asset in helping them learn how to "do" wrestling in the WWE system on TV.

NXT is the modern day OVW and Mandy Rose is basically the same as when Cornette would bring in Jazz from the main roster. Except Mandy is a more permanent fixture.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a little concerned with that contract signing segment. We don't see that stuff in NXT very often and this was bad. Bron is usually pretty smooth with his Steiner delivery and Jordan is very good as well. So why did they sound overly scripted and unnatural?

With Jordan it's almost like they felt like he was missing something. What that something is they want from him is beyond me because I felt like the guy was killin it as himself. This nonsense with pricking his finger and almost passing out from it was terrible. Fingers crossed they redeem these men. This could be a rivalry they build NXT around for the next year. Just ditch that nonsense.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a soft spot for the intros WWE execute like tonight’s show. It feels more fresh when the talent across the board gets their point across and sets the table for the matches or segments for the night in 10-15 seconds. I just didn’t like the fact that the transitions were too connected. Other than that, I’m down for this rollout.

The Rounds Match seemed clunky at first because both guys wanted to literally box for the first round. Waller also had to hate that this premise was going on and he wasn’t involved. Williams can take a loss and be fine, and the curious case of what the end game with Lee is takes another turn after presumably getting the win in the blowoff to this program.

Hayes is just so good. Absolutely money. If this was the Takeover times, I could see Hayes and Vinci having special potential. These aren’t those times, but this should be really damn good. Crews/Strong was quite good but I think Hayes/Vinci can be even better.

Arianna and Thea wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good. They both need work but there’s something there with each of them.

Sucks that Sikoa is derailed a bit with an injury, but hopefully things get going for him again when he comes back.

Get the grill because we’ve got good stakes ready to go for Escobar/D’Angelo. If D’Angelo didn’t incorporate the rest of LDF staying with an Escobar loss, I’d suggest Escobar losing and taking LDF with him to leave NXT. Since that’s not in play, we’ll likely get the feel good finale with LDF getting their freedom.

Seems weird it took them clearly being out of the tag title picture (for now) for Jacy and Gigi to get the cliché vignette treatment that upstarts in 2.0 get. Pretty decent main event between Zoey and Cora. Zoey hit two great facebreakers so top marks for that. They’re hedging a bit to create some intrigue. If she loses to Mandy (which seems like a moderate possibility), they still have a means to push her with a deep run in the women’s tag tourney. I’ve always thought the NXT inclusion in these things is a means to have a soft call up, so that could be the case for Zoey and Nikkita. We’ll see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nikkita Lyons is still so green she has to worry about being run over with a lawnmower when she goes out to sunbathe in her backyard. She's got a million tons of potential and an ass like a dump truck, but she needs a call up to the big boy shows like Vince McMahon needs another intern to ass fuck over a desk and then have to pay another $12 million to.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lyons/James wasn't that good. It's odd, it seemed like Nikkita was progressing well but her past couple of matches seem like a bit of a regression. Not sure if it's 'cuz she's in there with less experienced folks but yeah, she needs more time/seasoning.

Rounds Match was weird. Commentary was like, "WHY ARE THEY WEARING BOXING GLOVES THIS ISNT"A BOXING MATCH?!" and then it totally WAS a boxing match to start and they had to sort of correct themselves. The stip made it awkwardly structured and not really flow right. Didn't care for it. I like both guys but would prefer a standard match between them.

Hayes/Vinci is cool but they frequently setup these heel vs. heel matches that always come off as a little awkward 'cuz there's no one to root for.

Hail/Grace wasn't much but I really like Hail's hyper-enthusiastic persona in Chase U and at least Grace is leaning into a gimmick.

Skipped Crews/Strong. Interesting that Crews' finish is basically Lashley's one-hand spinebuster now.

Final accord segment was well done. I'd have Escobar lose and go to the main roster.

Lash with PD is cool. Looks like a possible six-person tag being set up for later.

Stark/Jade was pretty good. I don't think Stark's getting it done against Rose but I wouldn't be mad if she did.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lyons/James wasn't that good. It's odd, it seemed like Nikkita was progressing well but her past couple of matches seem like a bit of a regression. Not sure if it's 'cuz she's in there with less experienced folks but yeah, she needs more time/seasoning.

Hayes/Vinci is cool but they frequently setup these heel vs. heel matches that always come off as a little awkward 'cuz there's no one to root for.
    She’s plateaued a bit but I think they’re also doing the Breakker thing from a while back where she’s now gotta work from underneath more. Sell and express that to the crowd and the camera. We’re just used to seeing them wreck and pop off so this is also an adjustment period. I’m not too worried with her overall. Also, the moves she does are a bit ambitious and they didn’t hit flush in this match, but I don’t mind that because if they did, the opponent is probably in a local medical facility for real lol.

I’d slightly push back on this, mainly due to the crowd. Main roster, yeah, it can be clunky. 2.0 crowd, they’re invested (sometimes to nonsensical points) so they’ll pick one and go. My guess is they’ll be behind Hayes. He worked more as a tweener and face against Waller, so I imagine they’ll do that again. With Haitch in at the top and HBK loving Hayes, I’m zeroing in on him to see how fast his advancement goes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks just need to remember this is developmental and none of us are wrestlers.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks just need to remember this is developmental and none of us are wrestlers.
    Maybe just me but seems unusually aggressive to BG giving his opinion who is generally well-informed and giving good analysis unless I’m reading that wrong.

Well no shit Sherlock. Just because we’re not in the biz ourselves, doesn’t mean we can’t discuss or voice our opinions or possible theories through following this stuff for years. If we just gave up and were spoonfed everything served to us, well the biz would be in pure status quo instead of the changes to the business we’ve had over the years. Hell these forums and social media platforms probably wouldn’t exist if our opinion was just boo or yay to what they want despite what some old school grizzled vets sometimes say “Fuck the internet!”

Despite what some say up front in interviews, I’m sure they’ve got some form of marketing/social media to canvass opinion. With HHH leading the charge now, this will possibly be even more apparent to listening to the people.
    Last edited by Badger; August 11th, 2022 at 3:26 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine if we couldn't talk about things we're not employed in? The US Politics thread would have no activity and I'd be happy.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if we couldn't talk about things we're not employed in? The US Politics thread would have no activity and I'd be happy.
    If there were no politicians around in general, we’d probably all be happy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If there were no politicians around in general, we’d probably all be happy.
    We could keep Bob Backlund thouhg, right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Imagine if we couldn't talk about things we're not employed in?
    That would absolutely suck.

If you don’t like the US Politics thread, don’t go in it. Crisis averted.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    That would absolutely suck.

If you don’t like the US Politics thread, don’t go in it. Crisis averted.
    It needs to be deleted.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe just me but seems unusually aggressive to BG giving his opinion who is generally well-informed and giving good analysis unless I’m reading that wrong.

Well no shit Sherlock. Just because we’re not in the biz ourselves, doesn’t mean we can’t discuss or voice our opinions or possible theories through following this stuff for years. If we just gave up and were spoonfed everything served to us, well the biz would be in pure status quo instead of the changes to the business we’ve had over the years. Hell these forums and social media platforms probably wouldn’t exist if our opinion was just boo or yay to what they want despite what some old school grizzled vets sometimes say “Fuck the internet!”

Despite what some say up front in interviews, I’m sure they’ve got some form of marketing/social media to canvass opinion. With HHH leading the charge now, this will possibly be even more apparent to listening to the people.
    I didn't quote BG because it wasn't necessarily directed toward anyone specific. A few people had been talking about Nikita and my statement isn't wrong. NXT is still developmental and none of us are wrestlers. That's not me trying to kill the convo.

Your response was extremely aggressive but not unusual from you Watson.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't quote BG because it wasn't necessarily directed toward anyone specific. A few people had been talking about Nikita and my statement isn't wrong. NXT is still developmental and none of us are wrestlers. That's not me trying to kill the convo.

Your response was extremely aggressive but not unusual from you Watson.
    I did say I was perhaps reading it wrong. Just seemed like you were getting on for commenting when we shouldn’t as we’re not wrestlers ourselves which seemed off.

If you mentioned Nikita specifically I probably wouldn’t have reacted like that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok, I watched that Nikkita Lyons vs. Kiana James, and it wasn't bad, when you consider they have had less than 50 matches combined. I did enjoy Kiana more though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FINALLY!!
    The big strong boi goes where he belongs. I doubt this is a full-blown move, but I’m happy to see Bate in NXT.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by commentary and the "worlds collide" part, I assume they're revisiting NXT vs NXT UK for another show to build towards. Forgot they even had the two brands on same show.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BG's popping for Tyler Bate and I'm over here popping for Quincy Elliott.

Hayes vs. Vinci was a banger.

Jade vs. Perez was alright. Not sure about the finish, DDTing someone on a stick ought to be a DQ, no?

Street Fight was quite enjoyable. Happy Escobar lost because it hopefully means bigger and better things on the main roster.

Rose vs. Stark was good and legit had me go from sure Stark would lose to almost thinking she'd win. Much like Jade/Perez, not sure how that finish was legal and not a DQ, though, even if it was kind of clever.

I was going to skip Breakker/JD but gave it a shot anyway. I've already forgotten most of it.

Was happy it seemed Diamond Mine were finally breaking up but then the UK guys attacked them so I guess not. Groan. Not sure how I feel about Bate, I liked him but then weren't there allegations about him, too? Anyway, yeah, seems like BG's right about an NXT vs. NXT UK thing kicking off.

Also, InDex nod was great.
    Last edited by mth; August 17th, 2022 at 12:15 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I'd rather see Roderick Strong vs. Bronn Breakker over the NXT title than whatever they're doing with The Diamond Mine vs. NXT UK.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Was happy it seemed Diamond Mine were finally breaking up but then the UK guys attacked them so I guess not. Groan. Not sure how I feel about Bate, I liked him but then weren't there about him, too? Anyway, yeah, seems like BG's right about an NXT vs. NXT UK thing kicking off.
    Based on quick research the accusations against him didn't seem to have merit along with one's against Joe Coffey and Trent Seven. Devlin was in that deal as well but not sure how those allegations turned out.

I was curious too because I recalled his name being included but heard nothing more.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just read that because it was taped, Tyler Bate hasn't actually won the NXT UK Championship on NXT UK yet...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I saw that about Tyler Bates and thought damn even WCW was smarter than that when they used to film post-PPV tv shows PRIOR to the ppv airing. You'd go to a taping and Sting comes out as champion, even though the ppv is 3 weeks away and he's challenging Flair.

I'll be honest, very sour about how JD was treated in this storyline and Bron wasn't exactly delivering which is so odd. These 2 never fail, but against each other it sucked. It's kind of like Orton v. Cena. They were killing it and then when they finally feud it sucked. There just wasn't any chemistry here both in the ring and on the mic which again is mind blowing considering how good these 2 are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to book Bron Breakker:

1. Put the NXT title on him.

2. Have him win squash matches on TV every week over jobbers or underneath talent in short, explosive, punchy matches.

3. Build up a new challenger for him through promos, angles, and videos.

4. Not Joe Gacy.

5. Well, not him again.

6. Breakker beats "Challenger of The Month" and vanquishes him.

7. Repeat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just read that because it was taped, Tyler Bate hasn't actually won the NXT UK Championship on NXT UK yet...
    Haitch and HBK didn’t care about that one damn bit lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Devlin was just his old Irish Ace self it would’ve been better. With this “surgeon” gimmick, he has to be methodical and I feel his work’s restricted so it doesn’t come off as natural IMO. Plus the gimmick itself is just plain boring.

Kinda miss Odyssey Jones. Hope he’s back from injury soon.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devlin's just so damn unconvincing no matter who he stands next to, besides Noam Dar perhaps. He's boring as fuck too.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this on Facebook, not sure how reliable it is...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a merger would be cool. NXT UK while it has good workers isn’t exactly raking in viewers but they’d get better exposure on the main NXT brand.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think a merger would be cool. NXT UK while it has good workers isn’t exactly raking in viewers but they’d get better exposure on the main NXT brand.
    I think you're cool

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think you're cool
    I love you. I want to have. 4 way with you and your wife.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back atcha!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She can lick me, and you can lick my wife

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Uh...

Let's not do that here please?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as I get to lick Roxanne Perez, we're all set.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tweet is pure speculation that any of us and many of us have already said, posted, and/or thought. With that said, say hello to NXT EUROPE in 2023.

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-to-l...europe-in-2023

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following NXT UK talent have been released:

Rohan Raja
    Sha Samuels
    Primate
    Dani Luna
    Nina Samuels
    Amale
    Mark Andrews
    Dave Mastiff
    Emilia McKenzie
    Ashton Smith
    Jack Starz
    Flash Morgan Webster
    Wild Boar
    Xia Brookside
    Amir Jordan
    Eddie Dennis
    Saxton Huxley
    Sid Scaia
    Kenny Williams
    Trent Seven
    Jack Starz
    T-Bone
    Teoman
    Last edited by mth; August 19th, 2022 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I follow that BackupHangman account and it's mostly speculation. I think he claims to have some kind of connection, but doesn't really post much besides opinions and predictions.

Also kinda sad to see Flash Morgan Webster go because I kinda liked him, but I'm not gonna pretend like I ever watched NXT: UK

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing this is kind of like the ROH situation. They're letting them go so they can get work instead of sitting on their asses waiting to see if they're going to be part of whatever NXT Europe is going to be.

On one hand, NXT UK did some damage to the UK scene but on the other you have a lot of talent that are now bigger names, some are probably 10x better than they were prior and it's not like the scene hasn't been able to grow. Someone mentioned Covid-19 being kind of a bitch, which I agree when you think about when Walter was just starting to get going boom lockdown. Missed out on quite a bit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Vince releasing talent eh?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Fucking Vince releasing talent eh?
    Yes. Vince is releasing these people......

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the list of NXT UK releases above.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know a lot about NXT UK but Trent Seven was a bit of a shock to me. I hope they have some talent lined up for NXT Europe if they are going to release that many people from NXT UK