User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lita needs a push, she deserves it for all she’s done in the last year.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lita could eliminate Charlotte and they have a match later but I think someone like Bianca is more likely for another Rumble win.

The Lita/Charlotte segment was good but that Twist of Fate was baaad. Not Lita’s fault per se but the delay in execution and the fact Charlotte’s just too big.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What is the Naomi/Sonya payoff? How much longer do they have Deville play the bully? If Sonya is medically cleared and there’s a match sooner than later that’s great, otherwise have Naomi drop the boss with a right hand so that she can join The Bloodline already.

As much as I love me some Lita, this return really doesn’t need to be more than a Rumble appearance and scoring a couple eliminations. This company struggles to build women characters, they need to be looking forward rather than backwards.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think Lita could eliminate Charlotte and they have a match later but I think someone like Bianca is more likely for another Rumble win.

The Lita/Charlotte segment was good but that Twist of Fate was baaad. Not Lita’s fault per se but the delay in execution and the fact Charlotte’s just too big.
    Huh. I saw the ToF and thought it looked pretty dope. Thought Charlotte took it like a champ.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Huh. I saw the ToF and thought it looked pretty dope. Thought Charlotte took it like a champ.
    The actual drop was okay but I felt before the drop the set-up was a bit delayed.

Definitely seen worse but wasn’t the cleanest. I’ve seen lower caliber stars counter the quicker RKO quicker so this required some suspension of disbelief.

I actually think Charlotte running from it scared could’ve worked a bit better before Lita hits it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I just saw it as a .gif so maybe they clipped the front end.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s also kinda like when people bend over for the Cody/Dustin Rhodes uppercut. They bend over for a bit waiting for it to happen.

Otherwise the segment was great and would love to see a match between them.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if i got a kick in the gut I'd be bent over for the rest of the day...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if i got a kick in the gut I'd be bent over for the rest of the day...
    Still it does seem a bit easy for someone like Charlotte though.

On rewatch, it maybe wasn’t the worst I’ve seen. About 4 seconds but it’s been escaped from quicker.

Regardless I think that moment could have been saved for a bigger occasion by having Charlotte run away from it and Lita looking strong.
    Last edited by Badger; January 16th, 2022 at 7:40 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more upset about Rick Boogz's haircut...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more upset about Rick Boogz's haircut...
    Yeah that was random but haircuts have become commonplace so can let it slide.

If it was a beardcut then yeah that would be disheartening. If they trim Sami Zayn’s hair and beard then I’m sending a 3 puppies-like letter!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I feel like those massive heels Charlotte was wearing played a significant part in the spot coming off clumsy…

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I feel like those massive heels Charlotte was wearing played a significant part in the spot coming off clumsy…
    Oh for sure.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also wouldn’t say no to Naomi getting a third chance at Charlotte after Sonya probably screws her over again this coming week after getting that eventual match with Sonya where if Naomi wins she absolutely cannot interfere. Maybe also put Sonya’s GM job on the line and we get her back in the ring full time.

It’s the “B Plus Player”-lite play from Sonya. As BG said at least it’s something.

#tippingfantasybookinghatlikeSheamusflashyintro

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I also thought the twist of fate on Charlotte was very weak looking. I was watching the live version. It happens. I hope Lita goes well in the rumble, but not keen on her winning it. Have her go to the final four or whatever and have her elimination set up a final 'Mania match.

I'm actually really looking forward to the Royal Rumble show. Hope Covid doesn't ruin it, as on paper, the show is solid and somewhat fresh.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I gotta be honest. I love Madcap Moss.
    You're not alone. Moss has gotten far more out of this garbage character than most of us expected. He has singlehandedly made horribly written Corbin segments bearable, for the first time in Corbin's long career. Madcap has totally committed to the gimmick and shown he is deserving of the screen time.

As for Lita, since she will be at the Rumble, I want her to run into Edge backstage.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also on the Moss train, dude's got it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: LA Knight and Roderick Strong were the dark match, and Knight won.

A little bit better in terms of the verbal jousting between Reigns and Rollins to start the show. It didn’t feel as rushed this time around. Nice Moxley nod by Rollins. No matter how bad things may get or how petty McMahon can be, seems like The Shield is going to be sacred and protected. That was a fantastic video package that highlighted Reigns and his success with this championship run. Good setup for the main event, as well.

Between KO and E showing up, that brand split is on shaky ground. At least it’s nice to see that when New Day is in convenient trouble, they’re there for each other. With a better gimmick, move set, and presentation, Moss could market correct Corbin rather quickly. Kingston gets his win back, and that feels like it’s totally attributed to E being there and evening the playing field.

While it’s good to have the announced ladies showing up in advance of the Rumble, Summer seemed to lack awareness of her cue haha. If it weren’t for Cole commented on it, you wouldn’t know that Summer and Natalya were wanting to create an extra level of animosity between the two of them. Natalya lost again to Aliyah, but this was due to a needless sense of aggression and being DQed. At least we got Xia back in the mix, helping stop the beatdown. Cool entrance. Hopefully we see more of her.

Paint by numbers quasi-squash for the Viking Raiders over Los Lotharios. Fine by me.

How does Adam Pearce think the answer to all of the stuff Sonya has done is actually having a match rather than relinquishing her of the position? Lol.

Wild to see how over Knoxville was in Nashville. Zayn did his part to carry the silliness of the second part of In Zayn, but it was still really bad with the cheesy sound effects.

Less of a flashy effort this time around for Ricochet in his rematch with Sheamus. Oh well.

You had Jeff Jarrett on the show for a random/meaningless segment with Nakamura and Boogs. Bischoff hanging with Pearce, Jarrett here, Conrad Thompson must have been really happy.

Uptempo main event between The Usos and Rollins & Owens. It was a bit weird where, at best, this was four tweeners. I’m curious if the very surprising simpatico situation between Rollins and KO leads to another Mania match between the two of them. Would be interesting to see if that was the case. Rollins got the hot tag and the crowd was into it (and very comfortable doing the crowd participation for his theme). Rollins was about to get the win but Reigns ran in and hit him with a Superman Punch, thus leading to a DQ loss for The Usos. Now they’re banned from ringside at the Rumble. Will that actually matter? Lol.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BG, after our recent aew conversation, we should respect Seth foregoing the tie this week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    BG, after our recent aew conversation, we should respect Seth foregoing the tie this week.
    He’ll take some chances, but he saw Wednesday (I’m sure) and knew that wasn’t a hill to die on.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi/Deville was good. That suplex into the sidewalk move from Sonya looked cool. Looks like the feud is continuing but still good win for Naomi.

Seth trolling Roman bringing up his Shield betrayal was a nice touch.

Also Aaliyah 3:17
    Last edited by Badger; January 29th, 2022 at 8:51 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool to see that Sasha is back in the mix, right before the Rumble. There’s certainly pros and cons to revealing that a night before the Rumble. It probably matters more either way if she wins or not. Regardless, having her back is definitely a boost for the division. Shayna had a kickass theme and they just decided to change it up. Shame.

Pretty good tag match between Cesaro & Ricochet versus Sheamus & Holland. All four guys looked good along the way. Whether it be as a tag or singles guy, they’ve gotta figure it out with Ricochet. He doesn’t need to be a world champion, but he needs to consistently get some time to go. They’re trending the right way with him, but there’s gotta be some substance behind it.

Naomi/Sonya was a bit clunky in parts but that had to be expected. The crowd seemed flat at points during the show and I think they were a tad underwhelmed with what was going on here. It definitely picked up near the end, for sure. Naomi got her satisfaction and secured the clean win. I’m not sure if the end game is that promising if Sonya came right back (with her jacket) and said she’s going into the Rumble to spoil Naomi’s plans for winning the Rumble.

Are they trying to change Boogz into a throwback strongman? The way he was able to power Shanky helped get Boogs over and probably deflated Shanky. It is kind of silly but on the nose that they had McAfee give pointers to Zayn about podcasting. Good to see Nakamura’s hand injury is a thing of the past and he can actually wrestle now. Maybe Zayn can get his IC championship shot now.

Probably not a coincidence that E teaming with Kingston reduced Moss and Corbin to very small bit players. Maybe that does bode well for E’s prospects going forward. WWE is now saying E is back on Smackdown. Interesting…

Reigns laid it on thick for showing his angst when Rollins, again, reminded him about tearing The Shield apart. That seems to be the thing that Reigns can’t shake, based on how he conveys things. This also does feel a bit different in the sense that challengers to Reigns of the past. The previous opponents have had to play things at the pace Reigns dictates. Rollins has circumvented that and used mind games to get into his head. That had to be the wrinkle to make this different because that’s something that can equalize things when looking at the matchup. It was power or grit or technical prowess with the other guys. It’s mental fortitude with Rollins. That could easily play out in the match and add some drama. I imagine these two will deliver a banger.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 30th, 2022 at 1:08 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I would have saved Sasha for a surprise return at the Rumble, the face pop on Saturday would have been immensely more rewarding.

Agreed on Reigns/Rollins; I predict that match will be an early MOTY candidate, given their prior chemistry and history.

Big E back on SmackDown is curious. Maybe he requested it?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Day/Los Lotharios was easily the most heated match of the evening in the building. LL was pretty good at drawing heat during the commercial break, and ND was over like rover to the audience.

Ronda actually wrestled for a bit after the show went off the air. Naomi came out and Natalya came out, so it was a tag match (Naomi with Ronda, Nattie with Charlotte). Charlotte and Naomi never got in the ring, though. Nattie tried to punch her way into the corner with Ronda, Ronda no sold it and then wrecked her and made her tap to the armbar.

Reigns was so good interacting with the crowd during the dark match (Bloodline versus McIntyre and the Viking Raiders). Really funny sequence I posted in the WhatsApp wrestling chat with Heyman, the crowd, and Reigns.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it may be a long two episodes of Smackdown without McAfee.

Los Lotharios and Ne— Kingston & Big E have very good chemistry together.

Naomi got a chance to show her stuff with Charlotte. Good for her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Big E. No idea how they ruined his big push. Charisma coming out of his pores, talented, massively likeable, great look. Losing a tag match to midcarders 6 weeks after being champion, the complete lack of care in the Rumble, the meaningless trade. Goldberg is wrestling for the title next weekend and Big E is here. Maddening. Liv Morgan too recently. The crowd actively wants to get behind these people, book them strongly.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi/Charlotte was an absolute banger!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New champion spoiler:

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW Sucks View Post
    New champion spoiler:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW Sucks View Post
    New champion spoiler:
    But why?

Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    :vomits:

That would be extremely disrespectful to the full-time athletes who bust their asses year-round and yet totally on-brand for that senile shithead Vince.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Optimistic, hoping that if there's any Knoxville involvement it's to be in the opponent's corner. Maybe nothing comes of it. Zayn has worked his ass off and been highly entertaining the past couple years especially. The heel run has exceeded my expectations.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't realistically imagine who that opponent would be that is someone "new" or isn't tied up with someone else at the moment.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knoxville throws a fucking wicked forearm tho.

https://twitter.com/RetroMiami/statu...05928096047107

edit: elbow. Forearm elbow. Elbow forearm.

Gomen nasai, gomen nasai.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stip for Ronda doesn’t do much for me.

If wins actually mattered, it’d be notable that Ricochet beat Sheamus and Ridge Holland over the last three weeks. Wild that Sheamus took a top-rope Spanish Fly.

Absolutely fantastic video package highlighting Undertaker’s HOF career.

Really good match between Nakamura and Zayn, and a very believable finish with the knee work. Good for Zayn to get back the championship. I doubt they instantly jump into Ricochet/Zayn but it’s certainly a path they could work to, as they were indirectly involved in the same segment after Zayn won.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Mr Dick”

Brock is just killing it lately.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Los Lotharios and New Day have great chemistry together. Hopefully this time has shown that the Lethal Lovers can be a viable tag team to use. Also looks like E watched some 2.0 and put some Nikkita flair to the pin.

Probably too much heat and selling done by Xia, and the crowd lost some interest, but she got them back for the finish.

I guess they are instantly jumping into Ricochet/Zayn lol.

I can get behind Team Bad (minus Tamina) teaming up again. Give them the gold.

The stuff with McMahon and McAfee is going to be really interesting to see what smoke and mirrors they come correct with.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    what smoke and mirrors they come correct with.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McAfee and Corbin would have been a better shout or a tag with him and Shinsuke against Moss/Corbin given Pat’s outspokenness. What possible reason kayfabe-wise could Pat have a problem with Vince considering he gave him a job? But no Corbin will be tied up with Drew for him to get “revenge” in a match Corbin has no chance and no-one wants to see. Hope they go at least with Theory with Vince in his corner but not holding out hope.

Mania will always be Mania and will still watch but fucking hell. Have more faith in your own guys.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What possible reason kayfabe-wise could Pat have a problem with Vince considering he gave him a job?
    That’s what Thursday is for. They’ll talk and “creatively” they’ll gin something up. I’m guessing it’ll be something based off the fact McAfee will say Vince is a machine for a man his age.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what Thursday is for. They’ll talk and “creatively” they’ll gin something up. I’m guessing it’ll be something based off the fact McAfee will say Vince is a machine for a man his age.
    Probably gin something up like they did Sonya/Naomi and look how well that went

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably gin something up like they did Sonya/Naomi and look how well that went
    This doesn’t seem like a good example if you’re presuming a bad finish. It took a while but I’d say it’d served its purpose: Sonya was elevated as a power hungry authority figure and Naomi was elevated from obscurity to probably becoming a champion with one of the top women in the company.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn’t seem like a good example if you’re presuming a bad finish. It took a while but I’d say it’d served its purpose: Sonya was elevated as a power hungry authority figure and Naomi was elevated from obscurity to probably becoming a champion with one of the top women in the company.
    That took months before they even had Sonya give still very flimsy reasoning for her dislike of Naomi. In this situation, they’ve got mere weeks to build an authority figure/employee feud for the biggest show on the year because they’ve run out of ideas. Vince gave him an opportunity and here Pat invites him on his show which on the surface looks like a favour, big guest to get them both ratings. It made sense with Cole but here, don’t see it so don’t really have much faith in what they’ll attempt to pull.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fine, but presuming the same level of urgency will come for a Vince-centric Mania storyline as opposed to Naomi/Sonya doesn't seem on point.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fine, but presuming the same level of urgency will come for a Vince-centric Mania storyline as opposed to Naomi/Sonya doesn't seem on point.
    Even if they did somehow cook up great heat in a matter of weeks, really though who is the benefactor here? It’s two non-wrestlers at the end of the day taking up valuable space in the biggest card. That’s the “urgency” if you like that I’m getting at, to beef up their biggest show with an already depleted roster with injuries and releases as it is but still enough depth to give others a shot but they do this?

If Vince wins, he’s still Vince and evil boss. If Pat wins, well storyline wise could Vince not fire him out of spite anyway? End of the day, it’s two guys who don’t need to get over.

The only real benefit here I can see is if it gives Theory exposure on the card and that’s better served if he fights for Vince.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if they did somehow cook up great heat in a matter of weeks, really though who is the benefactor here?
    WWE.

Outside of the wrestling bubble, McMahon is still seen as a big deal. Outside of the wrestling bubble, McAfee is becoming a very notable public sports figure. You're not going to see WWE types on ESPN that much anymore but you're going to see McAfee on there much more commonly. In light of the pandemic, you're not going to see McMahon there on CNN or Fox News very often. Because of his friendship with Aaron Rodgers, you saw McAfee's name and show on those two networks much more commonly.

McAfee is a conduit to connect with a different audience and he's a salesman in his own very unique way. You couldn't be to get to where he is today from when he left the NFL. He's an incredibly valuable resource that should be able to help the brand in terms of awareness.

It also goes to the working rule: if you're working with a McMahon, they see a lot of value in you and they want you in the spotlight.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE.

Outside of the wrestling bubble, McMahon is still seen as a big deal. Outside of the wrestling bubble, McAfee is becoming a very notable public sports figure. You're not going to see WWE types on ESPN that much anymore but you're going to see McAfee on there much more commonly. In light of the pandemic, you're not going to see McMahon there on CNN or Fox News very often. Because of his friendship with Aaron Rodgers, you saw McAfee's name and show on those two networks much more commonly.

McAfee is a conduit to connect with a different audience and he's a salesman in his own very unique way. You couldn't be to get to where he is today from when he left the NFL. He's an incredibly valuable resource that should be able to help the brand in terms of awareness.

It also goes to the working rule: if you're working with a McMahon, they see a lot of value in you and they want you in the spotlight.
    While I don’t doubt that there will be crossover appeal and it gets more eyeballs for Mania. what it will it do long-term and afterwards? Kayfabe-wise what reason would the football audience have to keep tuning in when McAfee is already being that conduit?

Working with a McMahon being a big deal is all well and good, but again it’s a non-wrestler being seen as a big deal unless someone like Theory is involved. That rub should go to a wrestler if it helps boost their stock as wrestlers are the lifeblood.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I don’t doubt that there will be crossover appeal and it gets more eyeballs for Mania. what it will it do long-term and afterwards? Kayfabe-wise what reason would the football audience have to keep tuning in when McAfee is already being that conduit?

Working with a McMahon being a big deal is all well and good, but again it’s a non-wrestler being seen as a big deal unless someone like Theory is involved. That rub should go to a wrestler if it helps boost their stock as wrestlers are the lifeblood.
    I don't know what it will do. Neither do you. You want the eyeballs on you and then you see where the chips fall. Getting the attention is the first step in the process. We're less than a day into this germ of an idea and haven't seen the actual execution of the angle. Once there's more in play, more can be uncovered. As for McAfee, he's a very polarizing guy but he's a guy that exemplifies passion. You're either going to be really in on him or really out on him. That's what WWE wants. You want them to love you enough to see them in whatever they do or hate them to where you want to see them get their ass kicked. You could certainly do a lot worse than McAfee as a spokesman to advertise your product. I'm sure more people are aware of him than some person you want to fill that spot on the card, as well. Same case last year as Bad Bunny. He took a spot away from someone who could have been on the card and he performed incredibly well and he still reps WWE to this day and WWE will take that.

Again, we're several days away from seeing the process. It feels rather obvious that Theory is going to be involved in some form or fashion, so that placates one of your concerns.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From PW Insider:
    We have had some readers ask why Ricochet got such a big push last week. There's a very good explanation for that. Currently, he's slated as the number two singles babyface for the entire Smackdown brand internally, behind only Drew McIntyre.

Sheesh.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please. 'Bout goddamn time for Richard O. Chester.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat the guy for years and then decide to make him the number 2 guy for the brand over night? That'll get people excited for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Beat the guy for years and then decide to make him the number 2 guy for the brand over night? That'll get people excited for him.
    “Decide” maybe by attrition. That report speaks more of the depth of the roster to me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Decide” maybe by attrition. That report speaks more of the depth of the roster to me.
    The roster is definitely lacking, but it's odd to push Ricochet when they've also got Big E and Nakamura on Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roster is definitely lacking, but it's odd to push Ricochet when they've also got Big E and Nakamura on Smackdown.
    They’re seen as tag guys, which is also part of that report.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re seen as tag guys, which is also part of that report.
    Probably would have been a good idea to read it before I commented, lol.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're a true fan you should be. It's no different than real sports. The Bengals were jobbers for 30+ years and they finally made it back to the Super Bowl.

If you're not a fan don't worry about it hater. When was the last time you said anything positive about a company not called AEW? I'll wait.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's odd is you thinking they can't push Ricochet just because they have Big E and Nakamura. What does that even mean?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they're kind of rolling the dice here. They've pushed Naka and E already so perhaps they're testing the waters and seeing what happens with Ricochet? He's not had a real push since coming to the main roster yet, just midcard title reigns that were ultimately pointless and forgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What's odd is you thinking they can't push Ricochet just because they have Big E and Nakamura. What does that even mean?
    Big E and Nakamura are established guys who've held multiple titles. Ricochet is a jobber. Big E's also just coming off a World title run and now he's being shuffled back into the tag division. That's what's odd.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big E and Nakamura are established guys who've held multiple titles. Ricochet is a jobber. Big E's also just coming off a World title run and now he's being shuffled back into the tag division. That's what's odd.
    Of those 3 names you just mentioned only 1 of them has had a one on one World title match against Brock Lesnar in the last year.

Go tell anyone in the business that Ricochet is a jobber and see where that gets you Yeti. All jokes aside I get what you're saying about Ricochet but let me ask you an honest question... Do you think Ricochet is deserving of a push that elevates him to #2 under Drew McIntyre? Despite his win/loss record, is he not someone who with the right push could thrive in that role?

I don't get too caught up in the wins and losses aspect of a pro wrestler because just like in a real sport there are teams, players, fighters, etc who have moments of greatness. Jorge Masvidal is one of the biggest draws in all of MMA and he doesn't have very many big wins, he has over 10 losses. But he has entertaining fights and many many people enjoy him. I think Ricochet is someone who no doubt can be the guy holding down the IC title division. He has the look, the moves, the attitude, and if you don't hear the crowd when he comes out I don't know what to tell you. They're hot for him too so it's not just me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet needs someone at his side, someone to support him. When describing charisma levels, I use Bobby Lashley as the standard when describing the uncharismatic. Ricochet is way above Lashley, but still... it would benefit him if he had an MVP-like figure at his side. He's tasted what it's like being the top guy at a promotion (Lucha Underground) so I think if given the right presentation, he could thrive. But since we're talking about WWE, there's more chance of them adding a pointless nickname to his name. "The human ping pong ball" Ricochet. Except they'll call him T-H-P-P-B.

Hope he does well, but I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Ricochet needs someone at his side, someone to support him. When describing charisma levels, I use Bobby Lashley as the standard when describing the uncharismatic. Ricochet is way above Lashley, but still... it would benefit him if he had an MVP-like figure at his side. He's tasted what it's like being the top guy at a promotion (Lucha Underground) so I think if given the right presentation, he could thrive. But since we're talking about WWE, there's more chance of them adding a pointless nickname to his name. "The human ping pong ball" Ricochet. Except they'll call him T-H-P-P-B.

Hope he does well, but I won't hold my breath.
    At one point, MVP would have been a great mouthpiece for him which they were teasing at one point to get him into the Hurt Business.

But you know I’m perfectly fine with them taking a chance and breaking the mold a bit. Not everyone has to have a mouthpiece if they’re not the most talky for the main-event but they’re very strong in the in-ring aspect and over. Sometimes overall talent may just bridge the gap if they’re talented enough and just say what they need to promo-wise.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ricochet is in that Jeff Hardy category where nobody really cares if he's good on the mic or not, it's the overall presentation. What Ricochet might lack in executing his scripted midcard lines he makes up for everywhere else. I don't know if Ricochet needs a mouthpiece as much as he just needs a steady push and everything else will fall into place. I think he does fine any time they put a mic in front of him, he's just barely given an angle that requires him to talk. Outside of the ring he's cool as shit and doesn't put me to sleep like say Shelton Benjamin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good idea would be going back and watching his feud with Velveteen Dream in NXT. We didn't get much Ricochet in NXT but that was for sure his best work under the WWE banner.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think Ricochet is in that Jeff Hardy category where nobody really cares if he's good on the mic or not, it's the overall presentation. What Ricochet might lack in executing his scripted midcard lines he makes up for everywhere else. I don't know if Ricochet needs a mouthpiece as much as he just needs a steady push and everything else will fall into place. I think he does fine any time they put a mic in front of him, he's just barely given an angle that requires him to talk. Outside of the ring he's cool as shit and doesn't put me to sleep like say Shelton Benjamin.
    This. People backed Hardy 'cuz he was a high-flying risk taker who'd make your jaw drop. Ricochet falls into a pretty similar boat. It's not like Rey Mysterio is well known for his killer promos, either. Sometimes you've got enough other stuff going for you to compensate for being weaker on the stick. Actions can speak louder than words.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. People backed Hardy 'cuz he was a high-flying risk taker who'd make your jaw drop. Ricochet falls into a pretty similar boat. It's not like Rey Mysterio is well known for his killer promos, either. Sometimes you've got enough other stuff going for you to compensate for being weaker on the stick. Actions can speak louder than words.
    Rey is another great example of a guy who has never in the 27 years I've been watching him cut a single promo I remember. He's always had a very scripted sounding promo even if he wasn't. It's no different than watching a Jackie Chan movie. I don't think that guy is popular making millions because of his monologues.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet's front flip out of the ring landing on his feet to stare a hole in Velveteen Dream said more than any promo ever would.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet's front flip out of the ring landing on his feet to stare a hole in Velveteen Dream said more than any promo ever would.
    One of the most iconic moments in NXT history.

I was sad to learn him and Kaci are not together (I think it's been a year or 2) but damn they would've been a cool pairing if they ever brought back that Mixed Match tag tournmanet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. As risky as it was, it was effective as hell. Every time I watch it tho, I cringe wondering what it could have done to his knees and ankles if he wasn't in tip top shape.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad for ya rick

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was right that they’d eventually go to Ricochet/Zayn, wrong that they’d slow play it, and pleasantly surprised to see Ricochet get the nod here. Very fun and entertaining opener with Zayn. They had the crowd hooked immediately with the 2.99 count early. There’s two outs that work here: one, they clearly want to do Knoxville/Zayn but didn’t want the IC title involved there. Fine. Two, same as Raw, if Reigns is likely floating between both shows if he wins at Mania, an endearing face at the secondary champ is a way to go. Good for Ricochet. Guy has had to work through a lot of waiting to get here, so hopefully this run goes well.

Theory and McAfee for Mania. Color me shocked lol. I thought Theory handled his stuff well. He comes off like a wrestling version of McAfee: charismatic, has upside and can rub people the wrong way. I like the pairing. McAfee acted well, and I think they’re going to really impress people. Most of the casual audience doesn’t have a clue McAfee has worked matches and delivered, so they’re going to knock it out of the park.

Pretty good tag titles match between the Usos and Viking Raiders. Near falls were crisp. Curious to see if we just see a fatal 4way at Mania with these two teams, Sheamus/Holland, and New Day.

They didn’t have it last too too long with Ronda having to sell for Sonya. I get she’s gotta do some of that for the heat but I’m glad they didn’t overstay its welcome. Ronda wasn’t as sharp as her previous run but she was good enough here. Surprised they jumped right into the imagery of Charlotte tapping out, even without the armbar being used. I do think this program could be a challenge to avoid going stale before Mania. We’ll see what they can do to prevent that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy for Ricochet. Hopefully his reign goes better than Nak's.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Very happy for Ricochet. Hopefully his reign goes better than Nak's.
    Can't really be worse

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Happy for Ricky's push and title win.

What happened to Apollo Crews? Is he injured?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Don’t think so, pretty sure he was backstage on RAW a couple weeks ago at Riddle’s toga party.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasantly surprised to see Ricochet get the nod.

With the Usos attacking Nak/Boogs, could be foreshadowing a Mania tag title match there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Happy for Ricky's push and title win.

I think he's been jobbing to Veer on Main Event.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's been jobbing to Veer on Main Event.
    Sounds like he hasn't renewed a contract or something like that.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Sounds like he hasn't renewed a contract or something like that.
    Could also just be a case of they don’t have anything for him creatively so just using him to get other talent over. I know Azeez anyway is green as hell from his performances, worse than Omos.

I wouldn’t mind him just getting repackaged to something more like his old self and go back down to NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apollo Crews will be another guy who gets released, shows up in AEW with the whole "WWE held me back" and be forgotten about.

I feel for Crews. His current gimmick is fire but there were some fans hating it thinking it was racist or whatever....just shows black people can't even appreciate their roots without someone thinking it's based in racism. But without he's fucking boring. You can only go so far with flips and dives in the WWE.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I feel like Apollo Crews would benefit massively from being the third wheel in Hurt Business 2.0.

Did we ever get an explanation as to why he randomly ended up in Roman Reigns’ locker room that one time? That was Apollo, right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Did we ever get an explanation as to why he randomly ended up in Roman Reigns’ locker room that one time? That was Apollo, right?
    No. Yes.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a guess but it seems like Crews is being foregone for now for Omos/Azeez which would be the worst match in the world but at the same time….big man spectacular car crash which you can’t help but look at!

Crews splitting from that and going back under the Heyman learning tree would be pretty sweet and not just continuity-wise

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apollo Crews, Cesaro, etc. are all good hands but they aren't world championship material. They are mid card talent. I've got more charisma in my pinky than they do in their whole body.

I love Apollo Crews, and was very happy with his championship run. Was it the IC title or US title? I can't tell you that, but I enjoyed seeing him walk around with a shiny belt. Commander Azeez is awful though.

I'm worried Omos will become like Jackson Andrews and just disappear. Though I think Jackson Andrews was released because he physically assaulted someone? Rosa Mendes maybe?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's all take a moment to congratulate our boy Donald for being the only person who remembers Jackson Andrews.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love big, tall men.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fear I have for Omos is that they think he should be on his own and that's the worst thing for him. The whole break up with AJ was odd. I think Omos should be a heel with a manager.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    BUTCH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Classic.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hope Big E is ok.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch. *sigh*

I'm seeing some sites saying Big E broke his neck... EDIT: Big E has confirmed it on Twitter.
    Last edited by mth; March 12th, 2022 at 12:22 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun Brock has been good, and a pissed babyface Lesnar is still fresh.

Butch is such a dumb idea for a name for Pete Dunne. It’s so dumb and that’s frustrating because the actual execution and purpose of calling him up makes a ton of sense. When you say Sheamus, Holland, and Dunne are actually working together as a faction, that sounds really good. Holland hasn’t taken to the main roster in terms of acclimation but hopefully “Butch” works.

Absolutely gutting to see E get hurt. It was your run of the mill belly to belly suplex, but E just landed right on his head. It kind of harkened back to Moss and his bump but E wasn’t as lucky. I’m sure Holland is going to get a ton of grief from a technical standpoint with this. What a whirlwind calendar year for E. Devastating to hear that it is a broken neck but at the very least, I’m glad he’s got feeling in his extremities. I hope he has a full recovery.

Nothing to report with Charlotte and Ronda with the main talking segment. The brawl at the end of the show was pretty good. Shane Helms took quite a bit of an indirect beating from Charlotte lol.

Working backwards but I like the fact the contenders for the tag championships are earning wins along the way to Mania.

Main Event Jey Uso has slipped quite a bit by losing to Boogs.

Cole was really good trying to be the cooler head for McAfee with Theory instigating things again. Seemed a bit forced or aggressive to say McAfee needed to be kicked out of the building for defending himself, but Cole tried his best to rationalize it. Just comes across as a means to get McMahon involved.

This main event kind of felt like a template for things if the championship unification lingers for a bit. The top champion won’t always be around so the IC championship has to get elevated along the way. Good first defense for Ricochet and another fun match with Zayn. Having it be a clean win is even better for Ricochet. It’ll be sink or swim time for Ricochet if more promo time comes, but this honeymoon phase is going well.

All the best to Big E.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 12th, 2022 at 2:52 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fun fact Ridges real name is Luke

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Butch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I’m seeing some sites saying Big E broke his neck... EDIT: Big E has confirmed it on Twitter.
    Fuck…

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh noooo!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowboy Brock was wildin’ out with that forklift. The crowd seemed pretty hot before that with Reigns as the rest of The Bloodline. Makes me think it would’ve been a pretty electric segment if Lesnar and Reigns actually got physical during the segment.

When I heard the female tag match was happening I was quite excited. That would be a fun Mania match itself but the champs have to be involved, I guess. Naomi seemed to be off with both Rhea and Liv, so I guess it was a bad night. Rhea and Sasha was a good appetizer for a feud. Man, this match actually got cooking before Shayna and Natalya caused the DQ. Fatal 4way, it is. The champs aren’t strong here so they can actually take the pin or submission, which usually isn’t the way it goes in these matches. Should be a good Mania match. There’s a lot of options for names, so I guess Liv for Brutality is fine. The fact they wore their partner’s merch was a nice touch.

Holland/Kingston wasn’t much, McAfee was good with his two calls of “This big ass just broke the table” when Holland absolutely disjointed the table, and “This son of a bitch, Butch” when Butch was interfering in the match. Not sure how they adjust to whatever plans they had for Mania, and it doesn’t seem like there’s much time to set anything up between Sheamus’ crew and the remaining parts of New Day (including a returning Woods) that doesn’t sound completely random.

They smartened up and had Charlotte do the heavy lifting on the mic. Charlotte can just manifest kendo sticks from anywhere, it appears lol. Good lord, that fall Ronda took on the outside was scary. She was supposed to get tripped and fall on the apron but she just went thud onto the floor. Doubling down, Ronda’s bump on the table didn’t look very fun. I’m sure her back is going to be sore. She took a hell of a beating here. Ronda’s response next week will be a capper to this all and hopefully that goes well.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That women’s tag match was an absolute banger, Liv keeps progressing in-ring which is awesome; nobody cares about the two heel teams, hopefully they’re taking the L at Mania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowboy Brock was wildin’ out with that forklift. The crowd seemed pretty hot before that with Reigns as the rest of The Bloodline. Makes me think it would’ve been a pretty electric segment if Lesnar and Reigns actually got physical during the segment.

When I heard the female tag match was happening I was quite excited. That would be a fun Mania match itself but the champs have to be involved, I guess. Naomi seemed to be off with both Rhea and Liv, so I guess it was a bad night. Rhea and Sasha was a good appetizer for a feud. Man, this match actually got cooking before Shayna and Natalya caused the DQ. Fatal 4way, it is. The champs aren’t strong here so they can actually take the pin or submission, which usually isn’t the way it goes in these matches. Should be a good Mania match. There’s a lot of options for names, so I guess Liv for Brutality is fine. The fact they wore their partner’s merch was a nice touch.

Holland/Kingston wasn’t much, McAfee was good with his two calls of “This big ass just broke the table” when Holland absolutely disjointed the table, and “This son of a bitch, Butch” when Butch was interfering in the match. Not sure how they adjust to whatever plans they had for Mania, and it doesn’t seem like there’s much time to set anything up between Sheamus’ crew and the remaining parts of New Day (including a returning Woods) that doesn’t sound completely random.

They smartened up and had Charlotte do the heavy lifting on the mic. Charlotte can just manifest kendo sticks from anywhere, it appears lol. Good lord, that fall Ronda took on the outside was scary. She was supposed to get tripped and fall on the apron but she just went thud onto the floor. Doubling down, Ronda’s bump on the table didn’t look very fun. I’m sure her back is going to be sore. She took a hell of a beating here. Ronda’s response next week will be a capper to this all and hopefully that goes well.
    Slide in Ricochet. He has the recent history with Sheamus and Ridge.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if Rollins shows up for yet another opportunity.