User Tag List

Page 208 of 229 FirstFirst ... 198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,800 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walter is great as a heel, but if they ever decided to turn anyone a badass monster face without pandering, he is the guy who could probably pull it off!

Imagine Walter vs Reigns for example!

Or even keep him heel and Walter vs Bryan!

Both droolworthy!

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walter could just sit in the ring for twenty minutes and I would be captivated.

Oh yeah, what was with the weird silent moments on the show? They were going to adverts I assume? On a paid subscription service? It was really annoying, mainly because there was no logic behind when they were doing it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Walter could just sit in the ring for twenty minutes and I would be captivated.

Oh yeah, what was with the weird silent moments on the show? They were going to adverts I assume? On a paid subscription service? It was really annoying, mainly because there was no logic behind when they were doing it.
    They were showing it on USA so if you go back you'll hear them say shit about "We'll be back after this break" type cutaway and then there'd be about 30 seconds or 2 minutes worth of silence then back to action. Or they'd say "we're doing the picture in picture shit" and it'd be silence.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind Nash explained it. We don’t get USA Network here. I was watching on Network and noticed that too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell who actually watched the show and who didn't.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night 1 was not exclusive to Peacock but Night 2 is.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They were showing it on USA so if you go back you'll hear them say shit about "We'll be back after this break" type cutaway and then there'd be about 30 seconds or 2 minutes worth of silence then back to action. Or they'd say "we're doing the picture in picture shit" and it'd be silence.
    Ah right, yeah I vaguely remember them saying about the picture in picture thing. Was night 1 replacing their weekly show or something?

Ah just saw your post above, makes sense cheers.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, probably a snafu with running them simulcast. Shouldn’t have that issue tonight.....

Speaking if tonight..... is it time yet? LETS GO

I have

Devlin (side note..... this is the match I was most excited for for the entire week of wrestling)
    Shotzi/Ember
    Gargano (however, I wouldn’t be upset with a change)
    KOR (Again, as long as this is a brutal as fuck fight that delivers, I’m actually good either way)
    Balor

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Night 1 was not exclusive to Peacock but Night 2 is.
    Not internashionally exclusive. Yes pun intended and I’m not even sorry.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got home from work, quick predicts:
    Fandango win on the pre-show
    Devlin
    Shotzi/Ember
    Reed
    KOR
    Kross

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I liked the sit down interviews with Samoa Joe on the pre-show. Zoey Stark and Toni Storm had a nifty match as well. Stark is excellent.

Electric guitar rendition of the national anthem. Spectacular.

Pete Dunne's new not nearly as good entrance music was very disappointing. This match was fun but a bit too go go go for me. I appreciate that they kept it down to 10 minutes though. I'd have preferred this if it didn't have quite so much stuff going on.

I actually thought the gauntlet was great. At different points I thought Ruff, Lumis and Reed had all been severely injured so I'm glad they weren't. Swerve got some real shine and I liked his alliance with Grimes. I would've preferred Grimes to be in the final two with Reed though. Dexter being eliminated second was shocking. Reed came out of this looking terrific I thought. I found more to like about this than just a collection of crazy moves.

WALTER/Ciampa. What can you say? Another incredible outing for Walter in this already legendary title reign. Great stuff surrounding the right hand of Walter. Loved the fact that Walter finished it with one right handed chop after repeated attempts to do the same damage with the left. Ciampa shaving his head and bringing back the Blackheart coat was cool and appropriate. Hell of a war, match of the night and more than likely it'll end up being match of the week. Walter's hit rate on Takeovers is amazing. His aura is like no one else in the company. I just hope we somehow end up getting WALTER/Bryan. Needs to happen.

Tag title 3-way was just what I wanted from this lot. A chaotic mess but a highly entertaining one. I really love the GYV now. I found myself cheering them and Legado on more than MSK but I'm alright with MSK getting the expected win.

Main event delivered and I really didn't think it would do after such a hot card. Io is ridiculous. She bumped around like crazy for Raquel and I thought she'd completely fucked herself on a few occasions. The landing from the set dive was troubling. Raquel more than held her own as well and she looked great in victory.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the beauty of the Walter/Ciampa finish. Unexpected but beautiful being Walter’s bread and butter.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another solid set of interviews conducted by Samoa Joe. Kross sounded like a dude pissed off and wanting to complete this journey he's been on since he had to vacate his title. Very nice jab by Joe towards Bálor about his record. He came into the event 14-1 (absurdly good) at Takeovers and Joe owns the loan blemish on the champ's record. The fact he has that many wins at Takeover feels like something that was a talking point that was lacking in the build for this match. With that record in mind, Bálor had his own piss and vinegar, citing he's livid that he's seen as an underdog and has to prove himself.

I'm really glad they showed Devlin and Escobar from the Global Press Conference on Tuesday. Those two really did a fantastic job propping themselves up and showing angst towards each other.

McKenzie interviewed Regal prior to the start of the show and he insisted every precaution was being taken to ensure Cole and O'Reilly were being kept apart prior to their match. It got intriguing after that because she asked Regal if Cole was going to be fined for striking him two weeks ago. First, the fact they addressed that (on the pre-show, not on the weekly programming) and didn't have the accompanying video was really a missed opportunity. At least it was shown during Cole's interview. The next step came where Regal cautiously or regretfully admitted that Cole wouldn't be fined for the shot.

It was nice to see Joe kind of call O'Reilly out on his mightier than thou mindset because KOR has been trying to cleanse his soul but the acts of doing so haven't been as righteous as he probably wants them to be. It was a good rebuttal by KOR though, citing that he had to fight fire with fire in order to earn the peace, honor, and respect he desperately wants. The wide shots of Cole didn't make him look good at all lol, especially sitting next to Joe. The tight shots made him look perfectly fine and the talking he did was on par with what Cole is known to deliver. It was just weird with how he looked like he was slouching or super nonchalant during that interview.

(Pre-Show) Breezango vs. Dain & Maverick - NXT Tag Team Championship #1 Contender Match
    Of course Breezango donned pirate gear. Commentary felt like it was trying to do too much during this match. They were recapping big moments from Night 1, hyping stuff for Night 2, and then calling the match. Different type of pre-show match compared to last night. It was built more on comedy but it was telling a story that Maverick was the whipping boy for the match and things turned when Dain was able to get into the match. They definitely lost the crowd midway through but the match was fine enough. Dain & Maverick winning provides a rematch of Round 2 from the Dusty Classic as they'll face MSK.

Love the synergy established between Poppy and NXT. Clearly they love working together.

Escobar (c) vs. Devlin (c) - NXT Cruiserweight Championship Ladder Match
    Escobar got a new theme, it appears. Seemed good enough and fitting for him. Tricky navigation of the crowd. Devlin has been more of a tweeter or face in the build of this feud but the crowd didn't seem to be fully buying that and it came across as a split allegiance by the fans. Escobar took so much of that match early on and that was surprising to see. That also fed into the story that they were telling in the build that Escobar was seen as the clear heel and building heat within the match. Hearing Escobar say “Ay, cabrón" after he got backdropped onto the ladder made me chuckle. Devlin's offense early consisted of moonsaults, both of which (the one to the outside, and then the one on the top of the ladder) looked phenomenal. LDF coming out made sense as Devlin was close. Scary-looking spot as they tipped the ladder over and Devlin fell straight outside. You'd think he'd get clipped on the ropes but going straight outside leads to a massive fall but he landed clean. Gnarly spot with the headbutt by Escobar as they were both at the top and Devin fell on the ladder by the turnbuckle. I'm surprised Escobar won as he seemed primed to move higher up on the card but he's certainly worthy of unifying the championships. Celebrating with his son didn't help the cause if they want to keep Escobar a heel lol.

Shotzi & Ember (c) vs. The Way (Candice & Indi) - NXT Women's Tag Team Championship
    Big moment here for Indi, wrestling on a Takeover. It certainly helped that it was a tag match and that she had arguably one of the most capable women in the division as her partner, but I thought she did well enough here. Ember had a nice little nod to Road Dogg with that setup for her elbow to Candice. Of course it was a big moment so Shotzi was going to go wild and she did on that splash to the outside. The Way could have done better to brace her fall but it felt like Shotzi overshot her splash as she crashed hard into the barricade. I just assume most matches with Shotzi are going to ride the rail and not really have a clean flow to it and that's what we got here but it wasn't sloppy. The double eclipse was a pretty cool move. I thought The Way would win here but it wouldn't do a service to the tag championship if they were switching all over the place so I get that the champs retained. I'm interested to see if they run it back or if they've got another team ready.

A New Gable?
    Stephanie McMahon was excited as hell to cheer on Gable Steveson lol. My own hands hurt watching her clap so hard and for so long, looking like such a proud soccer mom. The guy could be an Olympic champion by the end of the summer and he's probably equally as pumped to be at NXT and get that much closer to being in WWE. I've missed those 'look who is ringside' moments during Takeovers so this was nice to see.

Gargano (c) vs. Reed - NXT North American Championship
    I like how they were putting over Reed's size and ability early. That was going to be the distinguishable aspect of the opponents and I thought Gargano did a good job putting over how Reed was going to be a threat to his championship during this match. A great example of this was the slingshot spear by Gargano as he hit it but Gargano literally just bounced off Reed. Great storytelling by Gargano attacking the ribs/midsection of Reed, and Reed did a good job of selling that throughout the match. The Razor's Edge into the ring by Reed looked awesome and looked even better on the replay. This was just a match to let Gargano shine as a worker in the ring and help put a bigger spotlight on Reed. Gargano retained as Reed missed a moonsault and taking Two Final Beats. Looking forward to see where Gargano goes next. Reed didn't get the gold but he had two big Takeover nights.

Bálor (c) vs. Kross - NXT Championship
    Big-match feel for the entrances. Kross has a money entrance but it was great to see a photo montage of Bálor pop up on the screen as his extended intro played. Then you had the hero shot as he turned and the beat dropped. Nice presentation there. Strong mind games by both guys early as both were mocking the attempts to strike the other. It would have been a nice touch if Bálor was working over the shoulder/arm that Kross injured initially but working on a body part is good, formulaic in-ring psychology to build off of. Good callback with the liver kick by Bálor and Kross did a nice job of selling that, too. GREAT Pelé Kick counter by Bálor as Kross was setting up for his finisher. Bálor had him stretched but Kross powered through, with some chanting by Scarlett and the tide turned after that. This was definitely the best match Kross has had in NXT. It certainly helped that Bálor was in there with him as Bálor is just on another level right now when it comes to working in the ring. There could be rematch here but it feels like things could be winding down for Bálor in NXT. THIS version would be wonderful on the main roster or... now that we've seen what we've seen over the last two nights, we need Bálor/WALTER for the NXT UK Championship for a UK Takeover.

O'Reilly vs. Cole - Unsanctioned Match
    A guitar-like filled theme fits for KOR. Think Cole's new theme is going to take some time to grow, especially if he's going to keep some of his UE entrance in there. RIP, you wonderful UE theme. Unsanctioned also meant that the ropes were taped black. KOR's bursitis elbow looked cumbersome, to say the least. The splat sound KOR had when he landed on the outside for his first big bump was gruesome. I felt like I was watching an Ibushi match for a bit, with as many neck bumps as there were. Innovative spot by Cole to use the chain for a clothesline. KOR giving up the guillotine, with the angle he had on Cole, seemed like a really bad idea. That was even magnified when he thought about doing the suplex on the steps like Cole did to him and he thought better of it. The table absolutely went into business for itself, not willing to job for KOR/Cole. I almost like that more than the table breaking because it looks more painful to see no budge when they slam into it. Table wasn't ready to job but the steel ramp was ready to, haha. Nice touch to have KOR barely twitch his shoulder up to kick out after taking the suplex on the steps. Heck of a setup with the finish with KOR loading up his knee with the chain, delivering a diving knee on Cole and then collapsing the chair. That looked devastating, and Cole sold it like a champ (with a stretcher job).

I could tell from the pre-show match and it played out in the main event: this crowd wasn't it. They were way too flat. You can say Night 1 was notably better than Night 2 but you can't say this was a bad Takeover. At worst, you could say the matches were solid and it just felt like the crowd wasn't adding that extra juice to them.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 8th, 2021 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the preshow match.

Escobar/Devlin was good. I forgot to mention I didn't like Dunne's new theme yesterday and I don't like Escobar's, either. But his entrance gear was dope. With the amount of time Escobar was controlling this match, i was pretty sure Devlin was going to win it. That moonsault off the top of the ladder was fucking nuts. Good bump for the finish, too. Not mad Escobar won, though I was hoping he was moving up the card, the dude is money either way.

Worth nothing, The Way were wearing their Avengers gear that's from that drawing Nolanium did of them a couple months back. Women's tag match was fine enough. Shotzi's overshot suicide dive was a bit of a thing. Good finish. Will be interesting to see who steps up next if The Way's out of the way for now.

Gargano/Reed was my personal MOTN. Great stuff, and easily far and away Reed's best showing. Great approach with Gargano using the rib attacks. Reed really stepped up and pulled out some bigger better stuff like the Raxor's Edge and the moonsault. I was on the edge thinking it could go either way in the later stretch, not mad Gargano won, Reed still looked damn good in defeat. Now, give Dexter his deserved title shot, please.

Balor/Kross was fine but I'll admit my attention was drifting a few times during it. Definitely Kross' best match so far but it's Finn so that's not surprising. He still doesn't do anything for me, though. Not my jam. And Scarlett's ridiculous. But hey, at least there's characters/personality there unlike...

Cole/O'Reilly is hard for me to talk about fairly as I'm super biased. They're two of my least favorite guys in NXT. So I mostly found this to be a chore to sit through and thought it had a lot of really dumb stuff in it (loosely wrapping a chain around limbs makes things hurt more, KOR takes a brainbuster on the steps again but it barely effects him this time, contrived sitting in chairs stuff, etc.) but did have a couple of cool bits (chain clothesline, shining wizard chair spot, uh....table brainbuster?). So yeah, i was mostly just riffing on it while I was watching it just to try to keep myself invested in something I didn't give a shit about. So yeah, maybe it was really good, I couldn't tell you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple H and HBK Notes:

- Happy to report that it appears there were no significant injuries coming out of Takeover.

- He thought the CW match was spectacular and while Escobar unified the championship, there wasn't a loser in that match. He said Devlin proved "he was one of the best in the world." He feels the women's tag division is heating up and that the depth is going to be amazing. He felt like Indi is coming into her own and that Candice is a great veteran. Gargano, again, didn't let anyone down and "put on a master class" with the match. Felt it was phenomenal to see Kross return to form from his setback. He said recreating a character is not easy and seeing what Bálor has done is "remarkable". Also used "master class" when describing the main event.

- Triple H said to watch Tuesday to see if Cole is staying in NXT or not but he doesn't feel this is the end for Cole in NXT. HBK said he feels that KOR put himself on the same level with Cole. Both feel there still remains unfinished business between KOR and Cole.

- Triple H said that it remains unknown if Takeovers will have a two-night feature going forward like this one. They want to remain nimble and keep things open in regards to scheduling these.

- Triple H said it's been challenging for the new crop of trainees to really get to train at the PC with the pandemic but is beyond impressed with how they are responding and developing. HBK said that his career would have been much different early on if he had something like the PC when he was getting into the business or being with WWE. He feels the transparency with information that goes on by everyone working in the PC would have been helpful as he was growing.

- HBK joked that WALTER chopped people all around the UK to find the title that was lost in 2019 that was ultimately returned recently. The person who returned it purchased it from a seller and wanted to make sure it was back in the hands of the rightful owner. A replica championship was delivered to that man with autographs from WALTER, Triple H, and HBK as a thank you. HBK referenced this was why guys back in his day made sure to have a Haliburton to protect things like that.

- A Takeover for NXT UK is tentatively set for June and they are really hoping that it can happen. There are concerns about having fans there and then keeping the production level at the standard that is expected for WWE. Since people from America would need to be present for that, it's certainly a question of how things logistically could be executed for a Takeover overseas. They don't want to do it where half of the crew producing the show is in America and the other half is the UK so they'll have to wait and see what can happen for June.

- Triple H said Gable Steveson and his father were invited guests for Takeover and Wrestlemania. They are a massive fan of what he does and he's a massive fan of what they do. With the Olympics on the horizon, they don't want to be a distraction for Steveson in terms of planning for the future but the door is open. If he decides he wants to be in WWE, Triple H has no doubt he will do it and do it in record time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had no idea about the NXT UK Title being lost. Not sure how that news got past me.

Both feel there still remains unfinished business between KOR and Cole.
    Please god, no.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the UK title bit was news to me as well.

Pre-show match was what it was. Nothing wrong with it.

I don’t know who this Poppy chick is..... but I feel I should start rigorous research.

Cruiserweight match...::: this one is hard for me. It’s a fine match. They did a good job, had some solid action , not upset Escobar won. However, I kinda wish they didn’t have a ladder match. I wanted it to be just the two of them in a proper match, that’s what got me thinking it would be match of the week. We didn’t get it, it was a fine match, but I probably had unrealistic expectations for it.

Woman’s tag match, again, was fine. Indi is coming along nicely, but she needs more time. Does make me appreciate Candace more. Somebody tell Shotzi not to kill herself. I did enjoy Embers RD shoutout.

Show picks up from here. Told a couple guys in a chat (BG and KDestiny) that Reed/Gargano was closer to what I was hoping the CW match would be. Reed had a great showing, Johnny was awesome, a wonderful clash of styles and match. Even though he missed, marked out for the Bam Bam moonsault.

Go from Reeds best match to Kross’ best match. Loved the in ring story. Was a hard hitting affair. Would not have been fussed at all with whoever won, which obviously Kross did.

KOR/Cole........:: loved it. Absolutely loved it. There isn’t much else I really can say about it. Looked brutal. Felt brutal. I felt this would be a one off what with starting with an unsanctioned match, but as I was reminded, Gargano/Ciampa didn’t exactly start with a regular match in any way. If they wanna have another go with eachother, sign me up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Two nights of really good action and I enjoyed both but the first night was definitely the better show. I was into WALTER/Ciampa and Io/Gonzalez more than anything on this show. Probably the gauntlet and tag title match as well.

The pre-shows for both nights were both worthwhile. I liked the sports-style chat between Roberts & Smith and that other guy speaking remotely. Breezango/Dain & Maverick wasn't as good as the first night's pre-show match but the right team won. Dain & Maverick are two guys that have been under utilised.

Loved the finish to the ladder match. Great shot of Escobar standing atop the ladder looking down on the broken Devlin. The spot where LDF interfered and Devlin took a tumble to the outside was nuts too. Devlin did well to avoid injury. Cute post-match celebration with the other LDF members and his son too.

Women's tag title match was fine. Most important thing is the champions retained. I feared they'd drop them here which wouldn't have done those belts any favours.

Thought Reed looked very impressive over the two nights. I don't know how often he attempts the moonsault but that felt like a special moment so hopefully it was. I think Theory should have been involved more in the finish. I was surprised at the ease with which Gargano was able to eventually put him away. I wonder if Theory will turn on Gargano and be the one to dethrone him?

Hell of a performance from Balor who I've done a complete 180 on over the last 18 months. This was the best I've seen Kross look as well. I was hoping Balor would somehow retain but it wasn't to be. Not particularly excited about a Kross title reign. Perhaps they'll do a rematch with Balor bringing back the demon "persona".

Unsanctioned match was predictably way too long. I liked the security, pre-match lighting and referee's all black outfit. I didn't like the fact that KOR and Cole wore their regular wrestling gear and wrestled a pretty cold first 10-15 minutes. Things got better when the chain was introduced, although Kyle looked like an idiot when he threw the chain in and was easily countered. I will say that there was some stuff in this match that I loved. The spot through the ramp. The brainbuster on the steps was brutal. But there was a lot that I didn't like as well, which is usually the case with these 40 minute NXT "epics".
    Last edited by Ringo; April 9th, 2021 at 7:54 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, had no interest so turned it off after Balor/Kross. Don't think I missed anything.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ringo, that was the first time Reed's ever done the moonsault.

I forgot to mention Poppy. She impressed, was not expecting her song to go the way it did. I'm not sure I'd rush out and get her album but I dig what she does.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda surprised Escobar went over, thought Jordan would win on the comeback. What a fucking bump at the end though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The unsanctioned match went on way too long. It was good with a great ending but too long. My match of the night was between the NA title or NXT title. Balor vs Kross felt like a huge match. When they showed the demon picture during Finn's entrance, I was hoping for a demon appearance but didn't think that was possible with this not being the last match. Maybe next time?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Also I'm not over them replacing Dunne's great entrance music with whatever the fuck that was. I feel like one of Cole and O'Reilly should have kept the TUE music too but those songs at least sounded a bit better than Dunne's on first listen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great 2 nights of NXT wrestling.

I'm torn between a few matches that I thought were the best. Gun to my head I'm probably going to say Balor/Kross was my favorite match with Walter/Ciampa and Shirai/Gonzalez very close. Even the Cole/KOR match wasn't terrible, I just don't like either guy enough to think they deserved the main event. It didn't feel like a main event despite the time.

Not a bad match at all. Not counting the pre-show I would say the women's tag match was likely my least favorite but even that match was pretty good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I'd probably rank them

1. Walter vs. Ciampa
    2. Shirai vs. Gonzalez
    3. Devlin vs. Escobar
    4. Tag Title 3-Way
    5. Gauntlet Eliminator
    6. Gargano vs. Reed
    7. Balor vs. Kross
    8. Cole vs. O'Reilly
    9. Dunne vs. Kushida
    10. Stark vs. Storm
    11. Ember/Shotzi vs. The Way
    12. Breezango vs. Dain & Drake

But I did think quite a few of them were of a similar quality and there wasn't much between them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'd probably rank them

1. Walter vs. Ciampa
    2. Shirai vs. Gonzalez
    3. Devlin vs. Escobar
    4. Tag Title 3-Way
    5. Gauntlet Eliminator
    6. Gargano vs. Reed
    7. Balor vs. Kross
    8. Cole vs. O'Reilly
    9. Dunne vs. Kushida
    10. Stark vs. Storm
    11. Ember/Shotzi vs. The Way
    12. Breezango vs. Dain & Drake

But I did think quite a few of them were of a similar quality and there wasn't much between them.
    I would go

1. Walter vs. Ciampa
    2. Balor vs. Kross
    3. Tag title 3 Way
    4. Gargano vs Reed
    5. Shirai vs Gonzalez
    6. Gauntlet Eliminator
    7. Cole vs O'Reilly
    8. Devlin vs Escobar
    9. Dunn vs Kushida
    10-12. The other matches were meh

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    See, I look at that and immediately think I probably did prefer Balor/Kross to Devlin/Escobar lol. Idk, they're different. I liked them both. Lots of enjoyable matches. What I do know is that Walter/Ciampa was my #1.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does kinda suck it seems like no one will be keeping the UE theme song, but at least KOR’s new tune you could nod your head to. Cole’s is gonna need work.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They Chugsed up his music.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super glad I won't be hearing UE's theme every week now but I did think both Cole and KOR's new themes seemed a bit forgettable. Maybe after a few more rounds they'll seem better. Cole using a sort of riff on their theme could have been cool and made some sense. Escobar's theme change probably ruffled me the most as his previous theme was one of my favorites. Also forgot to mention in my review above that KOR looked like a goober when he was bopping/air-guitaring-ish during his entrance. He just comes across as a dork trying to be cool to me and it felt like the wrong time to be having that vibe going into such a serious match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metzer's Takeover Ratings

Zoey vs. Toni: N/R
    Dunne vs. Kushida: 4.25
    Six-Way Gauntlet Eliminator: 3.5
    WALTER vs. Ciampa: 4.5
    MSK vs. GYV vs. LDF: 4.5
    Raquel vs. Io: 4.25

Dain & Maverick vs. Breezango: 2.0
    Escobar vs. Devlin: 3.75
    Ember & Shotzi vs. The Way: 2.5
    Gargano vs. Reed: 3.25
    Kross vs. Bálor: 3.75
    O'Reilly vs. Cole: 4.5

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot to catch up on obviously

But goddamn, that KUSHIDA/Dunne match was just opener.

Jesus, and that Gauntlet Eliminator?!
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; April 10th, 2021 at 3:59 AM.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel he underrated Gargano/Reed, but not end of world.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Man's a fool and anyone who puts any stock in anything he says particularly his 7 star rating system is a fool also.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXTuesday: The Fallout from Takeover

Last edited by BGMaverick; April 14th, 2021 at 1:10 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if anyone notices/cares when I post what's announced for the show but sorry I couldn't do that week if that's you. I work Tues. and don't get done until half an hour before the show and then I gotta eat supper and whatnot so didn't have time to do it and likely won't going forward.

Not keen on Kross' opening promo. Pretty bland and lots of pausing even though the crowd wasn't that hot. meanwhile Scarlett's looking like she's trying to stifle an orgasm. Nothing really of note that he had to say, either.

MSK vs Maverick/Dain was a bit rough a few times. Crowd seemed to be weirdly anti-MSK. Dain's crossbody to Lee on the floor was probably the most memorable bit for me. I actually thought we might see Maverick/Dain split up post-match but instead Imperium showed up and I guess it's sort of interesting.

The "exclusive" footage of Cole/KOR made me laugh out loud. Just being stretched into a hospital next to eachother other with Cole shouting curses at him. Please, gods of wrestling, no more of these two.

Surprised to see Jessi get so much offense in on Mercedes but Mercedes cleaned things up real quick with only two moves so I guess that hopefully made her come out better off. Robert Stone is so much fun and I'm really surprised they haven't used him more overall. Also, where's Bivens? Very happy Mercedes is still gunning for the title and her versus Zoey has me excited.

Did not expect Kushida to answer the challenge but once he did, i have to admit I considered him winning. Not mad about it. Escobar had a hell of a reign and had a big crowning achievement at S&D (which is why I suspected the title change). Kushida's long overdue for success.

Thatcher/Ciampa vs. MSK is a tag match I can get hyped for. Very interesting clash of styles that could be pretty damn compelling.

Raquel might be a face now? First impressions of Franky aren't bad. I thought "bougie" was Aliyah's thing, though. Not entirely sure what her deal is but it seemed like she can talk, she's got a character/personality, she's got a cute-ass and damn well behaved pupper, and I've heard she can go in the ring, so I'm down. Very cool and surprising to see Rhea and Bianca show up and have us a dope Women's Champs party. We love to see it.

Ruff vs. Scott was great, as expected. As I said earlier, and very much unlike Cole/KOR, i could watch these two fight forever and I was totally cool to see Ruff with the post-match attack/we're not done yet. I want a two out of three falls or something.

The main event...oh good god, where do I begin? FUCKING LOVIN' IT. #InDex for starters. YES. Social media is hot for this, btwz, and everyone involved is selling it wonderfully. Very entertaining stuff. Indi with the fake lay outs and the behind the back thumbs up was gold. Everyone in this match played their part beautifully, lots of fun things going on, and it all clicked. This was sports entertainment at its best. Big Bronny getting the big win, too. Nice. I was actually expecting to see LA Knight tonight, possibly fucking things up for Dexter but nope. I'm A-OK with that but I suspect we might see him soon. Anyway, very curious to see how Dex/Indi, etc., sell the angle on social media from now until next week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dain should be wrecking havoc on his own, and Maverick is meh.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think mth likes KOR or Adam Cole

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call 'em both up to RAW/SD and let them continue their business there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad at least one show this week has shown that they get the idea of a fallout show after your big show of the year should signify a symbolic turning of the page in some ways.

This change to Tuesday also made me think about a previous incarnation of NXT that had the fallout show be a bunch of video packages going over Takeover, a few interviews, and a dark match from Takeover. Man, that feels antiquated as hell for them now.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 14th, 2021 at 1:10 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm very excited for Sarray next week. Seems like she's very likely to quickly become a favorite.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I’m glad at least one show this week has shown that they get the idea of a fallout show after your big show of the year should signify a symbolic turning of the page in some ways.
    #BelieveInPaul

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Dain should be wrecking havoc on his own, and Maverick is meh.
    I’ve been fairly consistent on him: to me, he doesn’t really have a role if he’s not in a tag team and just kind of feels blah as a stand-alone character. If they want big bruisers in the midcard, there’s a lane for him to take that as they had high hopes for that type (Holland) but Dain hasn’t done much on his own and was just fodder. They’ve found use for a guy in Maverick (which the main roster couldn’t do) and he’s kept Dain on TV.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    #BelieveInPaul
    I always have faith in NXT to deliver. I have faith in Smackdown too. I didn’t in Raw and they somehow found a way to run off the road more than I anticipated.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Lovely moment with the three women, Bet NWo4LifeOr2Years hated it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A Federation of Their Own. "There's no crying in wrestling!"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    A Federation of Their Own. "There's no crying in wrestling!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Lovely moment with the three women, Bet NWo4LifeOr2Years hated it.
    His reaction:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Lovely moment with the three women.
    That was an awesome moment.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems sexist. How come Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley didn't come out and pose with Karrion Kross.

Or Sheamus, Apollo Crews, and Gargano!

Shotzi/Ember and Nia/Shayna!

MSK and Dolph/Bobby and Styles/Omos!

Poor Santos Escobar will ahve to pose by himself
    Last edited by Donald; April 14th, 2021 at 4:52 PM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Are you OK Don?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems sexist. How come Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley didn't come out and pose with Karrion Kross.

Or it was just an NXT-related thing, where half of those people don't have a connection to the brand.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

You’re taking the piss, right?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kushida winning was awesome. So happy for him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Not sure if anyone notices/cares when I post what's announced for the show but sorry I couldn't do that week if that's you.
    FWIW, I always looked out for this.

Good show this week. Was falling asleep during Escobar and Kushida, but apart from that, liked most of what I saw. For some reason, the Escobar group just bores me to tears.

Cole and O'Reilly not done? Great. What next for them? Whatever it is, it'll be longer than a 45 minute match, I'm sure.

Enjoying the Way/Lumis stuff, but can't enjoy Dexter in the ring. Moves like a robot. Guess that's the point, but it makes him look green to me and he's not.

Love to see the fire in Leon Ruff.

Nice moment with the ladies.

Fans getting at MSK was usual Full Sail type stuff.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This change to Tuesday also made me think about a previous incarnation of NXT that had the fallout show be a bunch of video packages going over Takeover, a few interviews, and a dark match from Takeover. Man, that feels antiquated as hell for them now.

I only watched yesterday, so finally catching up on the thread, but NG is right that this was kind of cool. It’s also from when it was just on the Network though and not live (Think they taped 3 weeks at a time. Maybe 4). So it’s never coming back. Kind of a shame, but hey, Live tv demands we get good wrestling from at least one WWE brand a week. And almost all the time it’s this one.

Also, Donald is clearly being sarcastic. Otherwise he is a dum dum

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the 3 women came out and did that corny ass segment it cemented the reality that a lot of fans want every wrestler to secretly like each other. They don't want competition, but bitch when we get so much 50/50 booking.

I don't know. I guess I didn't fully understand why they would have 2 babyfaces come out and cheers the heel champion........Unless somehow within 96 hours she turned babyface by beating the top female babyface in NXT for the title.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was pretty clear that they are going to position her as more a babyface/tweener after her little face off with Monet.

I don't want the wrestlers to actually dislike each other.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    It was pretty clear that they are going to position her as more a babyface/tweener after her little face off with Monet.

I don't want the wrestlers to actually dislike each other.
    Right, but that was literally what, 2 seconds before those girls came out to congratulate her? I'm not trying to overthink anything I just find it super corny. To those who liked it, more power to you.

Why not? Some of the best angles have come from 2 or more talents having a genuine dislike for each other. I'm not even saying to that extent, I'm just saying everyone wants to be in on the secret. It's been that way since I was a young kid, adults telling me "You know Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage really like each other" when I find out in reality, no they fucking didn't at that time lol.

I mean even a little professional jealousy goes a really long way, that's how pretty much every top draw in the last 40-50 years has put it. Just the other night I'm listening to Austin and Rock talking about wanting to one up each other. They didn't hang out, they didn't go tear the city down after Mania and snap some shots at WWF New York lol. They didn't HATE each other. That was more Triple H and Rock lol.

This is curtain call shit that didn't belong on tv. That's just me. I'm someone who didn't hope Austin, Rock, and Triple H would come out and embrace while Triple H was the top heel in the company. But I guess if 2 minutes prior he silently turned babyface then it'd be justified.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Times are a bit different than they were 20 years ago. Social media wasn't really a thing and we didn't really know about these star's personal lives either.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarray v Zoey Stark tonight.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That'll be bad

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kyle O'Reilly is so bad on the mic

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less than good

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lumis/Knight was pretty solid

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stark and Sarray had a nice one.

This may be the best the women's division has been since the 4HW were there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool new intro video, with 'Say Cheese' as the new theme. Dig it. I did notice WALTER was in the video so I like that.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 20th, 2021 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy god, KOR is horrible on the mic. That opening promo came off as tremendously scripted/rehearsed. Thank Grimes for saving the situation. I will admit that KOR was moderately amusing a couple of times where it seemed he was actually being off the cuff and making quips. Overall, though, while I appreciate that he's showing some personality for the first time since forever, "Cool Kyle" seems anything but.

Lumis/Knight was real solid. Indi popping up was nice, #InDex is the best thing. The fact that she incidentally cost him the match made me think she might be secretly trying to screw with him but the stuff alter in the night seemed to reinforce to me that she means well and is just innocent/dorky. Bit of an odd landing on Knight's finisher for both guys. But yeah, more #InDex stuff later in the night was adorable, this is the wholesome content I crave. Still no clue why Lumis didn't get a NA Title shot when he beat Gargano and Theory and yet, Reed's gotta beat Theory to get another shot even though he already got a shot and... Whatevs.

Nice sit-down with Io/Beth and Franky and the pupper busting in was great. I'm digging Franky so far as a character, so hopefully she impresses me in the ring, as well.

Breezango/GYV was perfectly fine.

I had heard DiBiase mentioned he was coming to NXT soon and it sounds like that's confirmed. not entirely sure how that'll play out but hopefully it's something good.

Yup, i am totally on board with Sarray. Nice entrance and she had that similar Kairi Sane energy in the ring that I dig, just a tiny monster of a woman. Great match with Zoey, who i am a big fan of now, really good back and forth stuff, nice intensity. I thought Toni might show up to cost Zoey that match but a post-match beatdown works. Zoey making friends with the Japanese chicks, it seems, heh.

I dig that Kushida has once again evolved his look now rocking the tights and no boots after the previous jeans gear after the previous shorts and such. Really adds to the story that he's gone through a journey to get to this point by being a visual progresion. Very good match with Lorcan, as expected, with some dope grappling and striking. Obvious six-man tag set up was obvious.

I was looking at Sarray's Instagram during Ever-Rise vs. Imperium but it doesn't seem like I missed much of note.

Main event was what I expected it to be, a good match for KOR to win to cement that he's a top solo guy now. Grimey is underrated in the ring, dude's such a character that his ring skills often get overshadowed but mofo can go. KOR/Kross doesn't get me excited.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dibiase/Grimey interaction is going to be so great when it happens.

“Cool Kyle” though.....ugh!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Team InDex.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Team InDex.
    I am here for it. One of my favorite stories in wrestling of late.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I ship them.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by ProblematicRoss View Post
    Yeah I ship them.
    BTW that rep you sent me made me want a simpsons mafia.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I don't care what anyone says, The Way are all great right now.

Grimes is on fire and I'm looking forward to him meeting DiBiase.

Good debut match for Sarray with Stark who also had an impressive debut match just a short while ago. I like her suplex finish. I'd quite enjoy a series between these two I think.

Not sure yet if I want to see Kai turn on Raquel, possibly with the aid of some new stablemates, or Raquel turn on Kai. Both could be good.

No one should be underestimating Grimes in the ring. He's legitimately one of the best in the world and has been for a few years imo.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW that rep you sent me made me want a simpsons mafia.
    I think that’s been done in previous games but never say never

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And The Way are great. I wonder if this would lead to Indi costing Gargano the NA title?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two ways I can see it going: the happy route where Indi helps Dexter beat Johnny for the title and #InDex win in the end, or the not happy route where she's been working Lumis the whole time and screws him over when he finally gets his shot (well timed low-blow, anyone?).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two ways I can see it going: the happy route where Indi helps Dexter beat Johnny for the title and #InDex win in the end, or the not happy route where she's been working Lumis the whole time and screws him over when he finally gets his shot (well timed low-blow, anyone?).
    Perhaps. I could also see them trying to trick her to say Lumis can’t stand her like they did Theory.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, can't see them repeating that tactic. Plus, Thoery's an idiot. Indi's just naive.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could just be mad and disillusioned enough to try it a second time but personally Indi playing him for a fool all along I could get behind.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can just see Dex and Johnny having a title match and somewhere in the middle, Johnny and the ref are down on the outside and Dex/Indi are finally going for that smooch, the crowd's chanting "KISS! KISS! KISS!" and then WHAMMO! She knees him in the groin. Dex finally emotes as he watches a smirking Indi walk away then Johnny hits him with the Final Beat to retain. Sad Dex is sad.

EDIT: But honestly, i think turning on The Way and going face might be more beneficial for her. Imagine if she finally stands up to them, decks Candice, and gets her man? Then she can have a match with Candice, get the big win, and get some real momentum going. Turning on Dex seems like it would just keep her where she already is...
    Last edited by mth; April 21st, 2021 at 4:47 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only three people I see as viable options with upside for who would beat Gargano right now: Dunne, Reed, Theory.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Reed's likely getting a second shot makes me think he's probably going to get it done.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Reed's likely getting a second shot makes me think he's probably going to get it done.
    Gargano doesn't need the title to be relevant on NXT and there's still more avenues they can explore as a group. I think that'd also increase the odds that Candice and Indi win the tag belts because they seem to love teasing the idea of the power couple holding the gold but never doing it lol.

Reed winning could set up something fun with Dunne.

If they really want to make it a long run for Gargano, Theory is definitely the dude that could be ideal for that guy to beat him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    841,000 last night.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gargano doesn't need the title to be relevant on NXT and there's still more avenues they can explore as a group. I think that'd also increase the odds that Candice and Indi win the tag belts because they seem to love teasing the idea of the power couple holding the gold but never doing it lol.

Reed winning could set up something fun with Dunne.

If they really want to make it a long run for Gargano, Theory is definitely the dude that could be ideal for that guy to beat him.
    I think there are a lot of strong heel contenders (Scott, Grimes, Knight, Dunne, Escobar) so getting in on a face like Reed opens things up for more fresh feuds.

Keeping it on Gargano, you could definitely do something interesting with Theory, who could maybe win it "by accident" (I can just hear Johnny yelling "THAT'S NOT WHAT WE PLANNED!!" post match) when Regal forces Johnny to defend against him. Do the reveal that Theory being an idiot was the big work.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Switched NXT on and for a minute I thought it must have been Smackdown when Kyle O'Reilly walked out. Horrendous. The look, the hair, the promo. Bloody hell.

The rest of the show was bloody good though. The action was quality, pretty much throughout. Sarray/Stark in particular.

The Way and Grimes are both absolute gold.

Loving a bit of GYV.

Figured Cole would be back at the end of the show. Perhaps next week then.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Oh, and speaking of O'Reily on the stick, he's still about a gazillion times better than Roderick Strong is.

Deserves a double post to emphasise this.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KOR’s weakness is clearly the mic. Although I wonder if “Cool guy Kyle” is part of that, because he’s been adequate I thought leading up to both the Balor matches as well as the Cole match. I didn’t really feel the cringe until Tuesday.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another busy week on NXT. Not super flashy but moved things along.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasty spot relatively early as Dakota went for a leap frog but something out of Mercedes didn't duck enough/Dakota didn't get enough bounce happened. Looked like a rough fall for Dakota but they kept moving without missing a beat.
    I'm pretty sure that went as it was supposed to, Mercedes was catching her mid-leap to turn it into the submission.

--

Opening match between Dakota/Mercedes was pretty good. Post-match stuff seemed to cement a face turn for Martinez.

Still don't like GYV and am liking Ciampa/Thatcher more each week.

SUPER stoked for Ruff/Scott's Falls Count Anywhere next week. As I've said, I've been loving their fights and their utilization of the environment so i think it has the potential to be a real show stealer and something special. Would prefer it were on a PPV to avoid the commercial breaks potentially bringing it down'/interrupting.

Had a suspicion that Toni was going to lose to further the feud with Zoey and i was right. Don't think I've ever seen a female wrestler do an SSP before, pretty nice if a bit short of its target.

Damn, Knight's going after Indi now, plus you've got the Garganos with the fake flowers/chocolates/fruit basket stuff, lots of folks getting in on the #InDex angle and I'm digging it.

Reed/Theory was quite good. Theory going for a roll into the press slam from Reed was spot of the match for me. Interesting how Dexter not talking is really preventing him from being able to clear things up. Makes me wonder how he'll resolve the issue. Very curious to see what happens next week during the Tag Title Street Fight as I have a strong feeling Dex will make an appearance.

Can't say as I'm particularly invested in the stuff with Daine/Imperium/Maverick, etc., but whatever. It's not bad, at least. Just not overly intriguing for me. Impressed Drake was able to wrestle most of a match with his pants falling off.

I knew it was DiBiase in the background as soon as Grimes walked into the shop and I have to say the whole thing was a little underwhelming. Will be curious to see if that's it, we had our DiBiase cameo and it's over, or if there's going to be more Grimes/DiBiase interaction or maybe a feud of some sort.

Hey, wow, Adam Cole finally shows a bit of personality! Just a bit at the start and end of the interview, otherwise, the stuff in the middle was pretty by the numbers and entirely forgettable.

Didn't see the Diamond Mine vignette that BG mentioned, so I'll have to go check if it's on YouTube.

Main event was really good. Things got quite interesting in the latter portion as I wasn't really expecting Legado to come out on top but am super pleased to see them do it. They're great and damn did it look right seeing them standing tall with all the belts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that went as it was supposed to, Mercedes was catching her mid-leap to turn it into the submission.
    I went back and watched it. I can see how that was the thought process but they didn't execute it very cleanly, if that was the case lol. Luckily Mercedes caught her enough and Dakota was ready to brace herself before face planting.

Didn't see the Diamond Mine vignette that BG mentioned, so I'll have to go check if it's on YouTube.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what to make of that exactly. Either an MMA stable or maybe some kind of RAW Underground-esque thing in NXT?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what to make of that exactly. Either an MMA stable or maybe some kind of RAW Underground-esque thing in NXT?
    The "shooter" faction has been something that's reportedly been bandied about at various times but never got the green light from Vince. If it's an NXT thing, maybe it's got potential. You've got at (the very, very) least 2-4 performers who have been on NXT over the last year or two that weren't used much but have the MMA background. Emily Andzulis and Arturo Ruas are the two names that immediately come to mind. It could be anything really lol, but that was the first observation I took away.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 28th, 2021 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    The "shooter" faction has been something that's reportedly been bandied about at various times but never got the green light from Vince. If it's an NXT thing, maybe it's got potential. You've got at (the very, very) least 2-4 performers who have been on NXT over the last year or two that weren't used much but have the MMA background. Emily Andzulis and Arturo Ruas are the two names that immediately come to mind. It could be anything really lol, but that was the first observation I took away.
    Jessamyn/Shafir too maybe?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jessamyn/Shafir too maybe?
    Jessamyn seems rather content doing UUDD stuff and who knows what's going on with Marina (and Roderick).

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jessamyn seems rather content doing UUDD stuff and who knows what's going on with Marina (and Roderick).
    Well Breeze and Creed seem content too yeah? I don't think UUDD means she's done wrestling. It would be a good way to bring her back in.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Breeze and Creed seem content too yeah? I don't think UUDD means she's done wrestling. It would be a good way to bring her back in.
    Yes, but they also had a lot more of a history than she did in this specific industry and a higher level of stature within the company. Not saying you're wrong, just clarifying.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duke also has had several concussions in MMA as well as in wrestling. With how strict the WWE are these days about that kind of thing as well as the talent themselves, maybe everyone is cool with her position. Her and Shafir had a place next to Shayna and to a larger extent Ronda Rousey.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also throw Valentina Feroz in the group, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Valentina_Feroz
    Reis began training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the age of 7. By age 14, Reis transitioned into Judoka (or Judo). At 19 she made history becoming the first female to win a Bronze Medal in the Judo World Championship. During 2016, she trained for Olympic Wrestling. On April 19, 2017, Reis became a Jiu-Jitsu World Champion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another solid episode with a lot going on.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 4th, 2021 at 10:15 PM.