I’ll see you on Lodge lane then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Fail.
    Drive into Anfield, park up, “buy a pie”, go into Anfield sing some shit songs in a cockney accent, drive back to Kent listening to 5 Live, maybe even call in and say something like “fair play to Everton, they were great today, I hope they do well. Ancellotti: top bloke mate!”.

Proper Scouser you. Way more of a Scouser than me in fact. Can’t compete.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay fella you’re boring now. Have a good Xmas, see you on the Kop someday

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay fella you’re boring now. Have a good Xmas, see you on the Kop someday
    I hope you have an absolutely fucking shit Christmas with your Mancunian Wife, Evertonian father in law and dog who supports Tottenham.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    God you are a Tedious fuck. @Pablo Diablo

Are full on troll accounts a no no?

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah honestly this is enough. Banter between rival teams is part of sports. At this point it's just trolling everyone. No benefit to anyone, no discussion occurs.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he got Chris mixed up with Bad Collin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underscore_ View Post
    I hope you have an absolutely fucking shit Christmas with your Mancunian Wife, Evertonian father in law and dog who supports Tottenham.
    “Feel sorry for your mama”

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving on, I think Arteta has lost the dressing room sadly. The body language and lack of effort from most of the players at the weekend was shocking. Willian in particular is a disgrace. Its ok, only another 2.5 years of his performances

There are huge structural problems at the club that need to sorted, but results have got so bad now I can't see a way back for him. Such a shame, really wanted him to do well but once you lose the players its almost impossible.

Not sure who we would bring in (Vieria is available?) but I think a change will happen very soon. Edu's future should also be questioned with some very, very questionable recruitment that has taken place.

Ultimately, we need more hands on ownership who hold the coach and executives to account. Until that happens we wont get anywhere near where we 'should' be. Liverpool is the example. Had terrible ownership 10 years ago, they were hounded out and people who were competent and engaged came in. That is the model we have to look at now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Arsenal is that they're now a borderline Europa League team if the personnel is playing at their best, throw in attitude problems, the fading talents of a lot of players and the naivety of the coaching team and you have what you get now. I saw it coming with the Wenger Out brigade. He papered the cracks, even to the point of a second place finish in 15/16 when the squad had no right to be top 4. They've let mediocrity run rife throughout. Xhaka embodies it. How's he ended up with that gig? Was Ben Thatcher busy?

You need a win over Christmas. Imperative. These players do not have the bollocks for a relegation fight if there's 3 points between you and the bottom 3 going into the New Year. The squad doesn't have the depth to go for the Europa League and the cups, of which will be the priority over the league at this point. You can just see if there isn't breathing space come March them resting players the Sunday after Europe and dropping points. They're not too good to go down, and if any more momentum does build over Christmas it'll start feeling like the perfect storm.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka really embodies the mediocrity that has crept in. The rot started really in the summers of 2015 and 2016. Bought no-one in 2015 (bar Cech) when we were crying out for a defender and a midfielder. Then panicked a year later by spending £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi

Wenger was taking us into decline, he should have gone years before. Since then, the management of the club has also been diabolical. Absentee owners suck cash out of the business, an absolutely terrible exec team and questionable coaching.

We need to win, but I really cant see how we can. We are so easy to play against. Other team will let us have the ball and defend crossed until we run out of ideas.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and we signed Xhaka and passed on Kante

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Moving on, I think Arteta has lost the dressing room sadly. The body language and lack of effort from most of the players at the weekend was shocking. Willian in particular is a disgrace. Its ok, only another 2.5 years of his performances

There are huge structural problems at the club that need to sorted, but results have got so bad now I can't see a way back for him. Such a shame, really wanted him to do well but once you lose the players its almost impossible.

Not sure who we would bring in (Vieria is available?) but I think a change will happen very soon. Edu's future should also be questioned with some very, very questionable recruitment that has taken place.

Ultimately, we need more hands on ownership who hold the coach and executives to account. Until that happens we wont get anywhere near where we 'should' be. Liverpool is the example. Had terrible ownership 10 years ago, they were hounded out and people who were competent and engaged came in. That is the model we have to look at now.
    I'm not saying this to troll you, but I really do see the similarities between Sunderland and Arsenal here, but on a bigger scale (which ultimately will mean that it will likely not have as damaging an effect on you because you do have the resources to get out of it). It is a toxic, badly run club where perfectly good managers are unable to have the desired effect. Big signings, lots of money, the squad should be in a better position than they are (Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette alone should be enough to have you in the top 10...who has better than that?!) and yet they just time and time again do not perform. If Ozil moves to another club I don't doubt that he can become one of the best players in the world again.

I know that you like to think that Wenger took you into the decline, but if anything I think it shows how remarkable he did to balance the job, the personalities, the players and the staff to keep you performing to the level he did so consistently. Remove his influence and you've fallen into the kind of absolute free fall that I would just never see happening under Wenger. That's not to say that you should've kept him, but just that he should be looked back on even more incredibly than he is.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess jonny Evans and brendan Rodgers don't look too bad these days either

Simon
    As much as I am inclined to just laugh my head off at how shit Arsenal are, I still find it very interesting to understand why. The lack of leadership is just absolutely mad - as far as I can tell there is only one proper leader in the team, David Luiz. And I don't think he's really the leader Arsenal need right now, he's more of a motivator when they need an arsehole to bully everyone else into doing what needs to be done.

Which brings me to the second point - the number of players who need to be bullied. I think only Tierney, Ceballos and Saka have both ability and heart of the current first choice team. There are some who have ability but are a bit gutless (Pepe, Willian, Aubameyang), some who have heart but aren't especially good (Elneny, Holding who I always rated but seems to have gone over a cliff) and some who are somewhere in between, not quite good enough in either area (Willock, Leno, Maitland-Niles)...they need someone to tell the skilful lads to put some effort in, and help the less talented players make the most of what they have.

Using Spurs as a compariosn...we've got our own problems at the moment, but we also have the likes of Lloris, Dier, Hojbjerg and Kane who lead the team and don't put up with shit. That doesn't mean we don't have regular lapses - Aurier's tackle yesterday is one of the stupidest bits of defending you will see all season and we were crap across the pitch - but it's not endemic because we have a core group who wouldn't allow that to happen.

With regard to our game, we were terrible obviously but fuck me I thought Leicester were so good. Ndidi makes a huge difference to how they play, not just doing his job brilliantly but giving Maddison the freedom to go and play. And the second goal should be an example to every striker at every level of what you should be doing as a striker - Vardy's chance of scoring there was bordering on zero, he is half the size of Sissoko and Alderweireld and competing with both of them for the header, while also being at an impossible angle to score even if he did somehow win it. But his tenacity enabled him to not just win the header, but force the mistake that put it in. It goes down as an own goal but he deserves all the credit for it.

Also James Justin looks absolute class, reminds me a little of Kyle Walker when he was a kid. Probably less talented and without that insane pace, but also without the low-level brain damage. Mad to think that Justin is, what...sixth choice right back for England? Maybe even seventh? And yet Danny Mills went to a World Cup. Mad.

Simon
    @TraXX is Skipp actually doing well at Norwich or is the Twitter voting stuff entirely Spurs fans being dicks?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skipp is an absolute beast. Calm and controlled with or without the ball, he makes sensible decisions about when to press the man and when to intercept the ball. At only 19. He will be starting next to Hojbjerg next season for you without question.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not saying this to troll you, but I really do see the similarities between Sunderland and Arsenal here, but on a bigger scale (which ultimately will mean that it will likely not have as damaging an effect on you because you do have the resources to get out of it). It is a toxic, badly run club where perfectly good managers are unable to have the desired effect. Big signings, lots of money, the squad should be in a better position than they are (Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette alone should be enough to have you in the top 10...who has better than that?!) and yet they just time and time again do not perform. If Ozil moves to another club I don't doubt that he can become one of the best players in the world again.

I know that you like to think that Wenger took you into the decline, but if anything I think it shows how remarkable he did to balance the job, the personalities, the players and the staff to keep you performing to the level he did so consistently. Remove his influence and you've fallen into the kind of absolute free fall that I would just never see happening under Wenger. That's not to say that you should've kept him, but just that he should be looked back on even more incredibly than he is.
    Hmm. Well the league positions show that the decline did start under Wenger. The last two seasons we were outside the top 4, and the transfers really were shocking.

I can see a few similarities. At this point it is on the ownership and executive team to make changes. The best thing that can happen is that the Kroenkes sell up. But based on their history I don't think they will.

Also need to stop this cosying up to agents. Kia's clients have been rinsing us for years.

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Guess jonny Evans and brendan Rodgers don't look too bad these days either
    Knew that was coming. Still take Rob Holding though

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As much as I am inclined to just laugh my head off at how shit Arsenal are, I still find it very interesting to understand why. The lack of leadership is just absolutely mad - as far as I can tell there is only one proper leader in the team, David Luiz. And I don't think he's really the leader Arsenal need right now, he's more of a motivator when they need an arsehole to bully everyone else into doing what needs to be done.

Which brings me to the second point - the number of players who need to be bullied. I think only Tierney, Ceballos and Saka have both ability and heart of the current first choice team. There are some who have ability but are a bit gutless (Pepe, Willian, Aubameyang), some who have heart but aren't especially good (Elneny, Holding who I always rated but seems to have gone over a cliff) and some who are somewhere in between, not quite good enough in either area (Willock, Leno, Maitland-Niles)...they need someone to tell the skilful lads to put some effort in, and help the less talented players make the most of what they have.

Using Spurs as a compariosn...we've got our own problems at the moment, but we also have the likes of Lloris, Dier, Hojbjerg and Kane who lead the team and don't put up with shit. That doesn't mean we don't have regular lapses - Aurier's tackle yesterday is one of the stupidest bits of defending you will see all season and we were crap across the pitch - but it's not endemic because we have a core group who wouldn't allow that to happen.

With regard to our game, we were terrible obviously but fuck me I thought Leicester were so good. Ndidi makes a huge difference to how they play, not just doing his job brilliantly but giving Maddison the freedom to go and play. And the second goal should be an example to every striker at every level of what you should be doing as a striker - Vardy's chance of scoring there was bordering on zero, he is half the size of Sissoko and Alderweireld and competing with both of them for the header, while also being at an impossible angle to score even if he did somehow win it. But his tenacity enabled him to not just win the header, but force the mistake that put it in. It goes down as an own goal but he deserves all the credit for it.

Also James Justin looks absolute class, reminds me a little of Kyle Walker when he was a kid. Probably less talented and without that insane pace, but also without the low-level brain damage. Mad to think that Justin is, what...sixth choice right back for England? Maybe even seventh? And yet Danny Mills went to a World Cup. Mad.
    Yeah we have had this leader issue for a while now. Not sure what you can do about that...not many Tony Adams left in the transfer market.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    Skipp is an absolute beast. Calm and controlled with or without the ball, he makes sensible decisions about when to press the man and when to intercept the ball. At only 19. He will be starting next to Hojbjerg next season for you without question.
    Haha big shout, Mourinho loves him but I can't see him displacing Hojbjerg or Sissoko just yet. You've probably seen more of him than I have already though, given he barely played at all over the past couple of years. @Alex is still raging that he wasn't given first team games or loaned out, so essentially played no competitive football for ages.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew that was coming. Still take Rob Holding though

No thats actually fair. Probably better to have players who wouldn't mind playing in the championship.

Jonny Evans grew out of that when he won it with Sunderland aged 19

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was good. Forgotten what that felt like.

Simon
    The nerve of Saka to claim he meant that!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WhatsApp group has killed the Football forum. Congratulations.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Top of the league for the first time past January since Fergie.

The Rosk
    The WhatsApp group has killed the Football forum. Congratulations.
    Don't blame the group, blame the dickheads that ruined this forum.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your WhatsApp group is the equivalent of VAR; great idea in theory, and implemented with all good intentions, but ultimately ruining it for everyone else.

Great job.

Simon
    The Whatsapp groups were set up because the forums died, not the other way around. And in any case, despite my constant badgering there isn't a general Rajah Whatsapp group, there are loads of ones for specific things (RFF, FIFA league, FIFA clubs, NBA, NFL, sharing illegal pornography etc) that are sometimes used to discuss more general stuff.

I'd much prefer the forums to still be thriving because long-form discussion is so much better...but realistically that hasn't been the case for a long time now, way prior to the Whatsapp groups being set up. I was fighting your fight a couple of years ago, trying to create more discussion and stoke the embers a bit...it didn't work. The Whatsapp groups aren't as good, but they're better than nothing.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TraXX do you want to join our whatsapp group?

The Rosk
    Your WhatsApp group is the equivalent of VAR; great idea in theory, and implemented with all good intentions, but ultimately ruining it for everyone else.

Great job.
    Grow up.

Simon
    Maybe we should start an official Rajah WhatsApp group, great idea TraXX
    Last edited by Simon; January 13th, 2021 at 7:37 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Do it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farce.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...what WhatsApp group?

The Rosk
    It's full of people you hate. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    It's full of people you hate. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Not everything is about or against you Peter mate

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah but he does hate me tbf.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t hate anyone

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby seem to be having a total normal one over this take over.

It's been hours away from confirmation I think 3 times. John Percy who honestly seems to get very little wrong has said it's done each time only for it not to be done.

The players have been told they may not be getting paid again. Administration could follow and potentially worse. Administration comes with a big points deduction and probably relegation.

Same Sheik who may have fucked around Newcastle too. Rumours it's been legally signed but the money hasn't shown up. So old owners not going to dip into pocket as it's no longer his club or something. MESS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I for one look forward to playing Fleetwood next season.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Spurs haven't been this brain rotting to watch since the brief days of Jacques Santini.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    City to win the league. Fernandes having his first sort of slump since coming to United.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    City to win the league. Fernandes having his first sort of slump since coming to United.
    Think I agree with both points. Some of the decisions he's making now feel like somebody frustrated trying to force it. Last 5 minutes, in a great position, tries an almost impossible outside of the foot cross to Pogba when Cavani is closer and easier to move the ball onto.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Spurs haven't been this brain rotting to watch since the brief days of Jacques Santini.
    Ndombele though!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ndombele though!
    Jose will probably bench him for having a shot on goal in the second half.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ndombele though!
    I've loved him from day one!

Still hoping that Lo Celso turns out to be the signing I thought he'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by _me View Post
    Jose will probably bench him for having a shot on goal in the second half.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I missed the very start of the second half, which wrestlers entrance music did Arsenal come out to today, please say it was HBK’s.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Not often you get a signing totally out of the blue like Maty Ryan today. Heard nothing about it before hand. Obviously not a massive transfer or anything but nice to know they can surprise us still.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lampard gone. Seems harsh, but that's Roman.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Careful, the Derby fans will froth at this.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    That's football, really.

On the whole, anyway.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Careful, the Derby fans will froth at this.
    We didn't sack him you weirdo.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a weird decision to me. I would have given him the season.

Weird the journalists are indicatings its been done for Werner and Havertz. Does that raise the question of them actually not being Lampards signings?

It's weird to me so many people still want to talk about Mount as if he's just Lampards pet and not one of the best young midfielders around. He's got nearly EVERYTHING

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Honestly, can't understand what is happening with Liverpool. So disappointed about their last performances. I guess Klopp should find a better 9 than Firminho(his performance in my opinion is extremely poor last time). It may seem that I'm just an angry fan who lost some bets due to Liverpool(in some way that's right LOL) but tbh I'm worried about this situation as Liverpool just became a top in League for last years and again they got a risk to be 4-5 team in England so sad.

Simon
    I think it's probably somewhat harsh given he isn't doing incredibly badly, but then it was insane that he was given the job in the first place. Take away the Chelsea connection and he had almost the exact same points record at Derby as Rowett and McClaren before him. It looks like Tuchel is going straight in, and he is a much better manager than Lampard is, probably a better manager than he will ever be...so it makes sense to bin him now and avoid the risk of missing out on Tuchel.

This obsession with giving the job to underqualified club legends is so weird, and I for one can't wait for Gerrard to get the Liverpool job and make a complete bollocks of it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think it's probably somewhat harsh given he isn't doing incredibly badly, but then it was insane that he was given the job in the first place. Take away the Chelsea connection and he had almost the exact same points record at Derby as Rowett and McClaren before him. It looks like Tuchel is going straight in, and he is a much better manager than Lampard is, probably a better manager than he will ever be...so it makes sense to bin him now and avoid the risk of missing out on Tuchel.

This obsession with giving the job to underqualified club legends is so weird, and I for one can't wait for Gerrard to get the Liverpool job and make a complete bollocks of it.
    Yeah but what happens when Ledley King replaces Jose?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwills View Post
    Honestly, can't understand what is happening with Liverpool. So disappointed about their last performances. I guess Klopp should find a better 9 than Firminho(his performance in my opinion is extremely poor last time). It may seem that I'm just an angry fan who lost some bets due to Liverpool(in some way that's right LOL) but tbh I'm worried about this situation as Liverpool just became a top in League for last years and again they got a risk to be 4-5 team in England so sad.
    Wats appin Underscore aka Jesus Sucks. You good?

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Yeah but what happens when Ledley King replaces Jose?
    Well that's the good thing about being quite shit most of the time, we don't have many club legends. Anyway Levy is far too clever/heartless to take a punt on an ex-player with no pedigree.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What do you mean bro? I just explain my thoughts about Liverpool current playstyle. I'm really worried and it's not about bets if you talk about it

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Wats appin Underscore aka Jesus Sucks. You good?
    Aka permabanned @Pablo Diablo

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean, just because someone posts about Liverpool it doesn't mean they're JS.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure he would want to come back whilst they are playing shit anyway.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I mean, just because someone posts about Liverpool it doesn't mean they're JS.
    Suspicion is aroused

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its probably him isn't it. He is just restraining himself for now but he wont be able keep it up.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    That's football, really.

On the whole, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Seems like a weird decision to me. I would have given him the season.

Weird the journalists are indicatings its been done for Werner and Havertz. Does that raise the question of them actually not being Lampards signings?

It's weird to me so many people still want to talk about Mount as if he's just Lampards pet and not one of the best young midfielders around. He's got nearly EVERYTHING
    Its a surprise that they were under a transfer ban when he was appointed, so a lot of people thought he would be given more time because of it. The expectation changed over the summer with the money they spent - but from reading some of the reports they were not all players Lampard wanted. Probably a lot of politics internally as well, apparently he really wanted Rice from West Ham but the board said no.

Tuchel will be an interesting appointment. Chelsea must have the record for paying managers off over the years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Is Tuchel all that though? Apparently they offered the job to Ralf Rangnick until the end of the season first (presumably with the intention of going for someone like Nagelsmann who isn't available now in the Summer) and he turned it down. So I'm not sure he was even first choice. Just available. He's also known for falling out with the powers that be (and players too?). It's happened at both Dortmund and PSG I believe. Everyone seems to fall out with Marina Granovskaia eventually and what she says goes so I see no reason to believe that won't be the case with Tuchel sooner or later even if he does actually have success on the pitch.

Stories that Lampard's treatment of certain players didn't go down well. Shunned and ignored them in the hopes that they would get their act together rather than putting an arm around them. I don't know whether that's true. If it is, I don't know whether that's likely to work or not in modern football. The club made a decision to spend in the summer during a pandemic, failed to sell the players they'd intended and presumably thought that failing to qualify for the CL would be so damaging that they had to act when things looked like they were only going to get worse before they got better. I'd have stuck with him for a number of reasons even though I wasn't necessarily confident that he'd succeed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I'm not sure he would want to come back whilst they are playing shit anyway.
    Waiting just Incase we turn it around and win the league

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Is Tuchel all that though?
    Hard to say because 90% of his games as PSG manager are a waste of time, you can't assess his credentials based on how many provincial French sides he can beat with a side that has cost hundreds of millions. Getting to the CL final is an achievement regardless of how much you've spent - City haven't managed it, for example - and I would say that regardless of how good you think he is, he's far more qualified and I would argue 'better' than Lampard.

I heard the rumours of Lampard falling out with players too, impossible to say whether it is the right approach as every player is different, but if you're going to be hard on players at that level I think you need to have more credit in the bank as a manager than Lampard had. It doesn't matter how good you were as a player, if your players don't respect you as a manager you're unlikely to get them onside by giving them the stick rather than the carrot.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Hard to say because 90% of his games as PSG manager are a waste of time, you can't assess his credentials based on how many provincial French sides he can beat with a side that has cost hundreds of millions. Getting to the CL final is an achievement regardless of how much you've spent - City haven't managed it, for example - and I would say that regardless of how good you think he is, he's far more qualified and I would argue 'better' than Lampard.
    Well that's true. He has 20 years of coaching experience so even if he's not "all that" there's not really the worry that he could prove to be tactically inept and ill suited for management in general as there apparently is with Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    I heard the rumours of Lampard falling out with players too, impossible to say whether it is the right approach as every player is different, but if you're going to be hard on players at that level I think you need to have more credit in the bank as a manager than Lampard had. It doesn't matter how good you were as a player, if your players don't respect you as a manager you're unlikely to get them onside by giving them the stick rather than the carrot.
    Yeah, without really knowing my hunch would be that such a style just isn't likely to cut it in 2021 at a club full of superstars with super agents unless you're say Jose Mourinho and can point to a packed trophy cabinet.

Simon
    Yeah exactly. There's definitely a case for it being useful - Mourinho turned Ndombele from a lazy, fat failure into a superstar in the space of six months, despite everyone constantly telling him he was wrong to do so. But then he did the same thing with Shaw and it destroyed his confidence. I think the key is to know how each person ticks, which was what made Ferguson so good.

I always try to think of things in terms of the very low level that I play at, because the standard might be incomparable but the same principles apply. If my coach tells me I've been playing shit, I'll take it as gospel truth and it will kill my confidence, that's just how my mind works. But other players will react to that by upping their game to prove him wrong. And it works the other way around - if I'm doing well and everyone tells me I'm doing well, my confidence goes up and I play better, whereas other players will take the praise as justification for slacking off, playing more flashy or getting on other players' backs if they aren't reaching the same standard.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Well that's the good thing about being quite shit most of the time, we don't have many club legends. Anyway Levy is far too clever/heartless to take a punt on an ex-player with no pedigree.

Simon
    Tactics Tim thinks Ndombele and Sissoko are similar players

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Tactics Tim thinks Ndombele and Sissoko are similar players
    The racialist

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.football365.com/news/pri...tuchel-chelsea

This is spot on, and typical bollocks from wheeler dealer 'Arry.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What do you guys think about yesterday's matches? Actually, I like Arsenal's performance it was a tough match but I'm happy they took revenge for a lost match recently. Looking at this team Arteta 100% needs some new players especially some midfielders.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was surprised at how flat Southampton were tbh. Arsenal played alright but there was little desire or push from Southampton against the press they definitely seemed to be missing something

Simon
    If Southampton want to challenge for the top six, they can't be losing to teams like Arsenal. Very poor.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott was pretty poor last night. I think Keown was praising him at some point, i'm not sure why.

Simon
    I wouldn't bother looking too hard into Keown's thought processes.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Don’t you pick on poor little Martin Keown. I won’t stand for that sort of bullying.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We seem to have stabilised the defence, also the emergence of Smith-Rowe has really helped us create chances. It is our young players like him, Saka, Tierney who have really led the turnaround, though Xhaka and Lacazette have improved too. Willian is still a waster though.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Absolutely shameful from United last night.

Corners and set pieces have been a weakness defending for the longest time so that wasn't too surprising. The second goal though was shocking. Way too much time and space. Sheffield hardly made a run in scoring that, just needed to lightly jog to get themselves acres of room.

But even more shameful from the fans on social media afterwards. Pathetic.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Same for Spurs with the set pieces. Awful.

Might watch the game tonight, or at least the beginning.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Arsenal have righted the ship it seems.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the excitement of the first half of the season, I can the second being boring as hell. Procession time.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So I know racism is always present in the criticism of players, but what's with the recent uptick of it?

There's the multiple United incidents, but also a handful of others in the past couple weeks.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Are you comparing Rajah to twitter? Are you seriously saying i'm enabling racists. fuck off.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think he's saying twitter allows misinformation and hate mongering like that which has lead to the increase. And the link was to that point.

Simon
    Are you comparing Rajah to twitter? Are you seriously saying i'm enabling racists. fuck off.
    I'm saying the site in its current form enables racists, not you personally.

Why is an internet forum not comparable to Twitter? Cunts freely able to spout their cunt opinions in public, potentially influencing other people with their deliberate lies, what's the difference?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Which site? If you mean Rajah, then you mean me.

Simon
    I've always assumed, from knowing you for a long time and knowing what sort of person you are, that you agreed that those sort of beliefs had no place here, but your hands were tied by the relaxed forum rules. If I'm wrong and your opinions tally with the current rules ie. you think their behaviour is acceptable then yes, I think you are enabling racist ideology by not punishing it. Bert literally posted a faked screenshot - with an anti-semitic dig thrown in - in order to make the idea that white supremacy exists seem laughable. The whole point of that fake screenshot is to minimise the supposed impact of racism.
    Last edited by Simon; January 31st, 2021 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm not going to go through and vet every single picture someone posts. Doesn't matter anymore anyways. I quit. Have fun.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm not going to go through and vet every single picture someone posts. Doesn't matter anymore anyways. I quit. Have fun.
    Not even faked hate mongering ones?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    BRB going to mock up a picture of Virm on esptein Island.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good transfer window for us.

Matt Ryan is a definite upgrade as No.2 keeper and Odegaard could be awesome, shame its just a loan.

More importantly, we got rid of loads of deadwood - particularly Mustafi and Kolasinac. Ozil and Sokartis weren't being picked for whatever reason so good we moved them on as well. Willock on loan to Newcastle makes sense as he wont get many games for us now.

The only one which I am a bit baffled by is Maitland-Niles to West Brom. He had Southampton and Leicester in for him, so why he would want to go and play for Big Sam I don't know. Also leaves us a little short at left back as Cedric will have to cover RB and LB unless you move Saka back.

Simon
    I don't know how bad that Icelandic fella is but Mat Ryan is not a good goalkeeper at all. There was a reason why he got dropped at Brighton for a DJ from the 90s.

Apparently Ozil set up a goal with his second touch for Fenebahce.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how bad that Icelandic fella is but Mat Ryan is not a good goalkeeper at all. There was a reason why he got dropped at Brighton for a DJ from the 90s.

Apparently Ozil set up a goal with his second touch for Fenebahce.
    Runarsson was Ali Dia levels of being out of his depth, so Ryan must be a little step up at least. You just hope Leno doesn't get injured, especially as Martinez is so good at Villa.

I'm not sure the real reasons for Ozil's departure will ever come out. Certainly wasn't footballing reasons.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    What’s the point of VAR?