Thread: All Elite Wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    https://twitter.com/lancehoyt/status...369940480?s=21

still cuts a great fucking promo PERIOD!
    Haha brilliant

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Did not enjoy Cody vs Orange

Just kick Orange in the face! It made Cody look very stupid
    Couldn’t get into it myself, maybe I need a 2nd viewing.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m loving Eddie Kingston me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Couldn’t get into it myself, maybe I need a 2nd viewing.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m loving Eddie Kingston me.
    His mic skills are amazing. He might be the best talker on the entire roster.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It's no coincidence that Monty Brown's last match and Chris Benoit's last match both occurred on 6/19/07. Why aren't the police investigating Monty Brown?
    Because the Alpha Male has better things to do than frame Crispen Wah for murder.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I may have asked this before, but who do you think will be the first major name to go from AEW to WWE?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have asked this before, but who do you think will be the first major name to go from AEW to WWE?
    Probably Cody.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF. Heat magnet and home made.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but he isn't homemade. he might have been on a smaller scale, but MLW has/had a tv deal and he was pretty prominent on it. his character was made well before aew

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    but he isn't homemade. he might have been on a smaller scale, but MLW has/had a tv deal and he was pretty prominent on it. his character was made well before aew
    Oh yeah all that huge level of exposure MJF received with that MLW tv deal LOL.

How many people do you think even knew who MJF was before tuning in to AEW? I will say it's a point that can be argued but let's not act like that MLW deal was even remotely on par with even TNA on PopTV

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at least 3

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Tbf unless a company trains the wrestler in some form (Deep south etc for WWF back in the day) are they really homegrown? The only person I am aware of training with AEW is Ogogo, Of course with Dustin opening a school I expect that will act as a feeder of sorts

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I do think it's a little over the top to consider the MLW tv deal anything to even mention because it's like when OVW had a tv deal with public access back in 2004, you do have a point.

In this day and age it's almost like if you weren't in some way established in WWE, then in AEW you're homegrown lol. MJF is a little difficult, wasn't he on the Austin podcast before AEW even existed? I could be wrong. He had some buzz for sure, same with Orange Cassidy.

What about Jungle Boy? Would he be considered homegrown or does it ultimately come down to you have to literally start from scratch with that promotion? Or can it be someone who was never over, nobody knew them, then they got big in a larger promotion? Kind of like minor league sports teams, if someone is a big name for a minor league team in Knoxville, TN but then becomes an even bigger name worldwide due to playing for a pro team, do we credit the farm league or do we credit the big club?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey Fenix is unreal. Him and Pentagon are having a really good match. Pretty solid Dynamite episode so far

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate musical episodes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is this? Lol. Cornette is going to have a field day on this. Lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubrey flat out annoys the fuck out of me at this point. She is always pacing back and forth, posing like a ballet mariachi dancer. She's the opposite of invisible, she's such a distraction from the match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't notice her at all.

Wardlow/Jungleboy was way better than I thought it would be, Wardlow might not be as green as I thought he was. MJF is a better singer than Jericho. John Silver is a super good wrestler. The graphic and promo for Eddie Kingston vs Moxley is great. I can't believe a few months ago he wasn't even with the company.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    You should read his tweet lol.

This show was probably the worst AEW show I've watched. Not saying they haven't sucked more often than not the last 5-6 months, maybe longer, but Jesus Christ....This is the alternative we wanted I guess.

It almost felt like they wanted to show us they could do worse than the Elias segment on SD with this whole singing bullshit. I wanted to like it but it was cringe.

The only thing that saved this show was the Pentagon/Fenix match. Everything else, yikes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not enjoy Jericho and MJF. This is what people want!?
    Last edited by Sinner; October 22nd, 2020 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He disowned MJF, lol. Pissing off Cornette is the best part. How dare they do something that isn't pure 80's southern style wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I didn't notice her at all.

Wardlow/Jungleboy was way better than I thought it would be, Wardlow might not be as green as I thought he was. MJF is a better singer than Jericho. John Silver is a super good wrestler. The graphic and promo for Eddie Kingston vs Moxley is great. I can't believe a few months ago he wasn't even with the company.
    MJF was in choir as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    You should read his tweet lol.

This show was probably the worst AEW show I've watched. Not saying they haven't sucked more often than not the last 5-6 months, maybe longer, but Jesus Christ....This is the alternative we wanted I guess.

It almost felt like they wanted to show us they could do worse than the Elias segment on SD with this whole singing bullshit. I wanted to like it but it was cringe.

The only thing that saved this show was the Pentagon/Fenix match. Everything else, yikes.
    I didn't know you were so disappointed with the product. What were you expecting? We've discussed this on the board many times. Fans love the entertainment aspect. A pure sports style show isn't going to hook them. I've read that's what ROH is doing now, so that's an alternative.

And worse than Elias? Nothing is worse than Christian Rock.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure the Y2J/MJF segment is going to do huge numbers so Jericho can gloat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    He disowned MJF, lol. Pissing off Cornette is the best part. How dare they do something that isn't pure 80's southern style wrestling.

I didn't know you were so disappointed with the product. What were you expecting? We've discussed this on the board many times. Fans love the entertainment aspect. A pure sports style show isn't going to hook them. I've read that's what ROH is doing now, so that's an alternative.

And worse than Elias? Nothing is worse than Christion Rock.
    I'm not sure how to answer that question without replying with, have you paid attention to anything I've said about the show?

I don't go into a wrestling show with a checklist. I don't have huge expectations because you literally never know what you're going to get. That's why I can still call myself a fan after 30+ years. I'm one of those couple million still holding on lol.

I'm not "so disappointed" I'm just being a veteran fan who looks for more than just what is presented and go "OH AWESOME". Doesn't work with WWE, shouldn't work for AEW. Or any promotion.

AEW is still trying to find their identity imo. Imagine thinking TNA in year one was going to be TNA in year five. But again, it's impossible for fans who are my age who have been watching it this long to watch it the same way we did when we were 8 or if we were just some casual fan hopping in and out because it's on. It's like expecting a 40 year old comic book nerd to accept a revamped Night Thrasher because it's what Marvel is doing now. Fuck that.

AEW can do better. They're already doing one major thing right: Kenny Omega as a top singles guy. I guess the jury's still out, if he's not champ after Ambrose they shit the bed. They gotta keep it hot. Gotta be a top tier player not just some dude who Tony EWR's into a spot. He just needs a manager because his promo ability is borderline early Cesaro. And Cesaro knows 8 languages!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, and he was on Rosie as a kid singing you are my sunshine. I knew he could sing but I didn't expect him to be that much better than Jericho. Jericho was a crazy shade of red by the end too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why only a million or so watch this show. It really does appeal to the most die hard wrestling fan who can look past this bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why only a million or so watch this show. It really does appeal to the most die hard wrestling fan who can look past this bullshit.
    Doesn't WWE struggle to get 2 million nowadays? Wrestling as a whole is pretty dead if you compare it to the 80s and late 90s.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No shit sherlock.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Yeah, and he was on Rosie as a kid singing you are my sunshine. I knew he could sing but I didn't expect him to be that much better than Jericho. Jericho was a crazy shade of red by the end too.

Crazy shade of red is right. I thought holy shit this guy could drop any second.

Didn't know about MJF's singing. Guy can carry a tune.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    No shit sherlock.
    No one was talking to you, buddy.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Crazy shade of red is right. I thought holy shit this guy could drop any second.

Didn't know about MJF's singing. Guy can carry a tune.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how to answer that question without replying with, have you paid attention to anything I've said about the show?

I don't go into a wrestling show with a checklist. I don't have huge expectations because you literally never know what you're going to get. That's why I can still call myself a fan after 30+ years. I'm one of those couple million still holding on lol.

I'm not "so disappointed" I'm just being a veteran fan who looks for more than just what is presented and go "OH AWESOME". Doesn't work with WWE, shouldn't work for AEW. Or any promotion.

AEW is still trying to find their identity imo. Imagine thinking TNA in year one was going to be TNA in year five. But again, it's impossible for fans who are my age who have been watching it this long to watch it the same way we did when we were 8 or if we were just some casual fan hopping in and out because it's on. It's like expecting a 40 year old comic book nerd to accept a revamped Night Thrasher because it's what Marvel is doing now. Fuck that.

AEW can do better. They're already doing one major thing right: Kenny Omega as a top singles guy. I guess the jury's still out, if he's not champ after Ambrose they shit the bed. They gotta keep it hot. Gotta be a top tier player not just some dude who Tony EWR's into a spot. He just needs a manager because his promo ability is borderline early Cesaro. And Cesaro knows 8 languages!
    I knew you weren't AEW's biggest fan, but I didn't think you thought it sucks more often than not. I haven't agreed with every decision they've made (like taking the TV title off Brodie after only a month), but what I like about the company is that there's an honesty to it. They're doing what they love and you can see it in the kinds of storylines and segments that get produced. When someone like Eddie Kingston cuts a promo, you can tell it's from the heart. And it was Matt Hardy's idea to mentor Private Party because he saw potential in them. That doesn't mean they don't pander to fans. Jericho was quick to sell bottles of "A Little Bit of the Bubbly" on his website and makes a nice little profit. While it's not perfect, I get a genuine good feeling when watching AEW which is something that I haven't gotten from American wrestling in a very long time.

I would add that a million viewers is really good considering wrestling isn't hot right now and the promotion is brand new. I don't know if they've peaked yet or still have room to grow their audience, but I would call this a success.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think Wardlow looks a tad like Joey Abs? They could pass as cousins or brothers even, lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't WWE struggle to get 2 million nowadays? Wrestling as a whole is pretty dead if you compare it to the 80s and late 90s.
    Not comparing it to anything other than reality. I will elaborate more below but being content with losing that % of your fanbase and not being able to recover like you did in the past when the numbers were the same (check the ratings for Raw in 1993-1996). No company is happy with that but obviously we're talking about a company (WWE) who has about 100 more tv deals across the planet and are literally their own shit in comparison to every other wrestling company. Why? They're not a wrestling company anymore.

I knew you weren't AEW's biggest fan, but I didn't think you thought it sucks more often than not. I haven't agreed with every decision they've made (like taking the TV title off Brodie after only a month), but what I like about the company is that there's an honesty to it. They're doing what they love and you can see it in the kinds of storylines and segments that get produced. When someone like Eddie Kingston cuts a promo, you can tell it's from the heart. And it was Matt Hardy's idea to mentor Private Party because he saw potential in them. That doesn't mean they don't pander to fans. Jericho was quick to sell bottles of "A Little Bit of the Bubbly" on his website and makes a nice little profit. While it's not perfect, I get a genuine good feeling when watching AEW which is something that I haven't gotten from American wrestling in a very long time.

I would add that a million viewers is really good considering wrestling isn't hot right now and the promotion is brand new. I don't know if they've peaked yet or still have room to grow their audience, but I would call this a success.
    I'm just being real. Like I said, I watch it through a different lens than most because I have been a huge fan for over 30 years. I dove head first into music and pro wrestling when I was like 6 and had older friends who in 1995 were exposing me to everything under the sun thanks to them having internet in college lol.

It's also a mood thing. I have gone back and watched matches that I originally thought were awesome and I'm like, I really liked that whack shit? And like I said, AEW is still trying to find their identity. Some fans are hypnotized with their praise because I truly believe it's due to it being fresh. It's not completely different for obvious reasons but that's perfectly fine, it's FRESH. Unfortunately as I keep saying I've been watching it so long and I'm too old to play pretend mentally like I did when I was 9 or even 15 with the nWo coming in.

Trust me, I'm definitely a fan who makes excuses but a million is not good. And the excuse we use isn't exactly positive lol. "Well yeah I mean 10 million people used to like it but it's ok if only 2-3 million do now" What company is happy with losing that % of their customers? Imagine Pepsi saying, well, at least people are still drinking soda. Truth is we don't really know how many are watching with the 90 ways you can watch in 2020 but I still think it doesn't matter what era you're in, if the shit's good it's good. Explain to me how shows like Law and Order can still bang out 20-30 million viewers for 25 years consistently? If the shit is hot it's hot. Rap music wouldn't have a platform if only a million records were sold a year.

Anyone think Wardlow looks a tad like Joey Abs? They could pass as cousins or brothers even, lol.
    Hilarious you said that because my best friend asked if that was the actual wrestling from MSP lol. I actually think he looks like if Rhyno had a kid but he was the opposite of his dad height-wise.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long ass story short. I'm a big fan of AEW and that's why I am critical of them to a certain degree. That's just how I am when I want something to succeed. Whether that's my kids, music, pro wrestling, how I do at my job, etc.

If we just talk about the Glee segment we saw, personally it's not that big of a fucking deal lol. It's another corny segment in pro wrestling we can shit for years to come or people can defend for years to come. You don't think people were shitting on This Is Your Life or the other skits in the 90's or the weird shit in the 80's? Of course they did. Segments like this will no doubt divide fans. That doesn't mean if you didn't like this segment you don't like comedy in wrestling, some shit just doesn't appeal to people. When I watch Empire, I love it, but half the shit is so corny I'm like man, why do I still watch it?? Or most of my favorite sports teams....

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This Is Your Life is my least favorite segment in the history of wrestling. Worse than Katie Vick. Worse than the Jericho/Cassidy debate. Just utter shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my only real gripe is the people who watch AEW feel like they don't owe it to themselves to objective. They want this to be so awesome and so much better than WWE which is why 99% of them can't stop themselves from saying things like, "Well look at WWE's ratings" So what? They own the market, fuck the US they own the global market of pro wrestling EASILY.

We have a company who right now is more focused on comedy spots and bullshit than making Jon Moxley the centerpiece. If you're not fuckin with Jericho, you're #2 and a distant #2. People want to compare them to WWE well here you have WWE's go to job guy getting heavy rotation like it's 1993 and radio still won't let go of Motley Crue and replace them with Nirvana. Not saying Motley didn't have a purpose in the early 90's just like Jericho has a purpose in this era no doubt he's fucking brilliant....but when you're not really putting much effort into your World title picture I think you need to start.

Kenny Omega is the answer. I think he's the missing piece in the main event scene. Wasting away in a tag-team. It's his time to really shine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the Kenny Omega stuff. Everyone thought when AEW was created that Omega would be the guy, but he's basically been a background guy. Yes, he's been a tag champ, but i really do believe that he's at his absolute best when he's a singles wrestler. He needs more focus and i think he will when he wins the number 1 contender tournament. Also, i think Omega as a heel is considerably better than a face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the Kenny Omega stuff. Everyone thought when AEW was created that Omega would be the guy, but he's basically been a background guy. Yes, he's been a tag champ, but i really do believe that he's at his absolute best when he's a singles wrestler. He needs more focus and i think he will when he wins the number 1 contender tournament. Also, i think Omega as a heel is considerably better than a face.
    I said it earlier but what will hold him back is his promos. This isn't Japan where promos are 3rd-4th down the line. North American and Western European fans that they are trying to appeal to are not going to just go "Eh but he's so good who cares if he sucks on the mic" I remember pre-WWE Bryan Danielson, nobody gave that guy a shot in the WWE because he didn't show enough personality in ROH. He was Bob Backlund 2.0 and it did take him a year or so on the main roster and the stories that he fell into that helped him build up his skills and be more than the best in the world.

I believe that if you have talkers like Jericho, Moxley, plus the OG's like Tully, Arn, and Jake the Snake, you shouldn't have any issue with learning and improving unless that's the best you can do. If you can't sit down with Goldust and learn something you're fucked. Or even a guy like Cody, dude has been money on the mic since he helped induct his father into the HOF.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember if this was advertised on the show this week, but Matt and Sammy will be going at it on the Hardy Compound at Full Gear.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember if this was advertised on the show this week, but Matt and Sammy will be going at it on the Hardy Compound at Full Gear.

I'm super confused and excited because to my knowledge, Hardy was done with all the gimmicks. So what will this be like?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super confused and excited because to my knowledge, Hardy was done with all the gimmicks. So what will this be like?
    Yup, Matt posted a video on his channel where he came to terms with all his personas and became whole again. I guess he can still call on their help when needed, but he no longer needs them on a regular basis.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey Fenix is unreal. Him and Pentagon are having a really good match. Pretty solid Dynamite episode so far
    Just finished the show before, what a match that was. Page/Colt match was good too, enjoyed that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I heard about it on twitter but only watched last night, But Jesus after the Hardy debacle you would like to think they would be extra cautious, but no they have Reynolds knocked loopy in the ring with people working round him then taking moves after, Mental.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah was shocking the ref at first didn’t notice and also over a minute the fellow wrestlers didn’t get onto it.

Although the move was routine Private Party do all the time, you can’t blame AEW for that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well no, Accidents happen, But as I say they really need to start catching onto this shit after Matt as well.

I feel like Jericho and whoever else came up with that steak dinner segment did it of course to entertain but partly to give James E. a breakdown

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about it on twitter but only watched last night, But Jesus after the Hardy debacle you would like to think they would be extra cautious, but no they have Reynolds knocked loopy in the ring with people working round him then taking moves after, Mental.
    The refs are too busy trying to be a part of the show rather than actually be officials. Aubrey was caught off guard w/ the Matt Hardy incident w/ Sammy and she didn't know how the hell to handle the situation. She froze, called the match but they continued anyway and she didn't do a damn thing. Rick Knox though, I don't know how he didn't notice Reynolds being unconscious, just lying there like that. Scary stuff.

AEW needs to sit their refs down and tell them they need to remember their training on how to be referees not performers because they're going to let someone fall on their head and they won't know what to do. Oh wait they've already done that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that Abadon was injured while wrestling a match with Tay Conti at the Dynamite taping and was taken to the hospital.

EDIT: Update: she took an elbow to the throat and couldn't breathe. She's doing better and should recover just fine.
    Last edited by mth; October 25th, 2020 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah was shocking the ref at first didn’t notice and also over a minute the fellow wrestlers didn’t get onto it.

Although the move was routine Private Party do all the time, you can’t blame AEW for that.
    Of course you can blame AEW for that. See, that's the problem I literally just spoke on. Some of you can't be objective, some of you can't be unbiased and go "Yeah AEW fucked up". I just mean in general. I mean, who is to blame for carelessness? Vince McMahon?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vince McMahon is to blame for anything.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you can blame AEW for that. See, that's the problem I literally just spoke on. Some of you can't be objective, some of you can't be unbiased and go "Yeah AEW fucked up". I just mean in general. I mean, who is to blame for carelessness? Vince McMahon?
    How the fuck can you blame AEW as a company for this particular incident? Problem with some of you guys who just constantly bash AEW you want it to be their fault. This one incident can happen in any company around the world. The refs especially, the other workers, people around ringside looking out should’ve got onto it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No one can blame them for the move, But, Well the companies response to this after their disaster with Matt does leave a sour taste. It should probably also be noted two of the workers in the match were management also.
    I don't know who is constantly bashing AEW exactly, I mean I have enjoyed the first year greatly, I just happen to think they need to get their act together in this regard.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the company was terrible after the Matt stuff not denying that.

But what could’ve AEW as a company done about that incident as it happened right in front of them at the time? That’s my whole point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the fuck can you blame AEW as a company for this particular incident? Problem with some of you guys who just constantly bash AEW you want it to be their fault. This one incident can happen in any company around the world. The refs especially, the other workers, people around ringside looking out should’ve got onto it.
    Of course it could happen to any company and that company would be blamed as a whole. It was the talent, the ref, and the company who are at fault. But ultimately it's AEW who takes the blame because it happened on their watch. Just like when Owen Hart died and WWE were sued.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think we are getting a bit hyperbolic there ND.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are getting a bit hyperbolic there ND.
    It's an extreme example but it's easy. I'm not going to sit here and break it down to where "AEW" doesn't get any blame so the blind marks can feel better. They're the first ones who would be shitting on WWE for the exact same scenario.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's karma for Everytime a bitter ex wwe star talks smack.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an extreme example but it's easy. I'm not going to sit here and break it down to where "AEW" doesn't get any blame so the blind marks can feel better. They're the first ones who would be shitting on WWE for the exact same scenario.
    Oh so that makes you right then because it’s an extreme example, whatever. And your digs about Marks shitting on wwe, I still watch it and hardly comment about it so stop keep on going on about that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it could happen to any company and that company would be blamed as a whole. It was the talent, the ref, and the company who are at fault. But ultimately it's AEW who takes the blame because it happened on their watch. Just like when Owen Hart died and WWE were sued.
    It was an accident in that one instance. In my work place if I have an accident involving someone else, Ed I’d be pissed off but you can’t exactly say it was my whole company’s fault.

Bloody wwe fanboys looking for any excuse to have a go at the company

- - - Updated - - -

It's karma for Everytime a bitter ex wwe star talks smack.
    Are you like his shadow or something?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE is my life, I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm beginning to think you are a AEW fan boy tbh, This is the exact shit I see on twitter.

'AEW is God, WWE sucks fanboy'

'WWE is great, AEW sucks lols'

Tedious shite.

If you are just winding people up fair enough.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so that makes you right then because it’s an extreme example, whatever. And your digs about Marks shitting on wwe, I still watch it and hardly comment about it so stop keep on going on about that.
    You don't speak for every AEW mark out there.

And yes it does make me right despite it being an extreme example, like I said it's an easy example for people to relate.

It was an accident in that one instance. In my work place if I have an accident involving someone else, Ed I’d be pissed off but you can’t exactly say it was my whole company’s fault.

Bloody wwe fanboys looking for any excuse to have a go at the company

- - - Updated - - -

Are you like his shadow or something?
    Hey, nobody is saying "It's not the ref's fault it's Tony Khan!" Dude, it's multiple people's poor judgement that is the issue. And no, I'm not a WWE fanboy, I'm a pro wrestling fanboy. I spend way more time shitting on the WWE than AEW, go read what I just put down about HIAC.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm beginning to think you are a AEW fan boy tbh, This is the exact shit I see on twitter.

'AEW is God, WWE sucks fanboy'

'WWE is great, AEW sucks lols'

Tedious shite.

If you are just winding people up fair enough.
    You on about me here?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where have they been hiding Leyla Hirsch? She's one of the few women who looks like she knows what to do in the ring. Has really solid offense and came across as a legit threat against Serena.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAC will be "breaking his silence" next Wed on Dynamite. I don't know if he'll be there in person or if it will just be another video. I've seen people speculating Fenix will break away from the Family and join him which would be fine with me. Just need a third person to bring back TRIANGULO DE LA MUERTE!

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/p...ynamite-323976

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds riveting. Can't wait for Dynamite.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES KENNY OMEGA the cleaner

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should lose to Page then turn heel and attacking Page v Moxley. Page v Moxley is another fresh feud evn if it only lasts a month and Id rather Kenny and Moxley have a bit kore time apart before they go round again. Also I font think Omega is there yet in terms of being over, he'll be better as a heel so let Page go over him, turn Kenny, let them feud for a few months, Omega comes out the winner and then goes after Moxley, hopefully when crowds are starting to fill back up more.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The longer they keep pushing Omega like a midcarder the harder it's going to be for him to transition as a top guy. The guy is not getting any younger. They've already watered him down considerably. Adam Page is 29 years old and if AEW are in it for the long haul then they have plenty of time with him because let's be honest, he himself isn't ready for that main event level push even in AEW. I'd be having Page building himself up in the TNT title picture.

If Omega isn't who dethrones Moxley then I'm not sure who will. Nobody has the total package better than Moxley but the booking doesn't reflect that. Honestly, the way they book the show they should just put it back on Le Champion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh I think Kenny has been fine his past years run. I have no doubts he’ll be built up to finally be the one to take the title of Moxley, probably win it to see 2020 out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh I think Kenny has been fine his past years run. I have no doubts he’ll be built up to finally be the one to take the title of Moxley, probably win it to see 2020 out.
    You were fine with one of their top guys coming in to AEW being put in a tag-team that had zero memorable feuds? I've made it crystal Pepsi clear on how I feel about the way AEW have handled Kenny Omega. Imagine if they signed Moxley and for the last year he was in a tag-team with Shawn Spears.......

I'd be shocked, pleasantly shocked, if Kenny did what you're saying. I guess my issue is why did we have to waste the last 10-11 months on Kenny Omega and Adam Page at the top of the tag-team mountain when obviously they're better as singles wrestlers. This huge roster of solid tag-teams, including the Bucks, having to play backup dancers to a couple singles stars. I don't get the mentality but I also stopped booking wrestling in EWR about 15 years ago.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped reading when you mentioned Moxley teaming with Spears

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped reading when you mentioned Moxley teaming with Spears
    Good because that was the only part that was truly important lol.

I have a good feeling about year two for AEW. More original talent (i.e. non-established WWE wrestlers) establishing a place in the company. We now have a real tag-team at the top of the mountain and it's a team you can build the next 3-5 years around easily. The main event picture is what it is. I think if they split up the Lucha Bros you have Pentagon who could definitely make waves in the World title picture as a quasi-heel, Fenix in the mix as a top babyface would be incredible.

Another glaring issue for me is Cody in the TNT title picture. Another misplaced talent. He should no doubt be in the main event lurking around the World title until they figure out a way to via storyline get him a title match and win the damn thing. If anyone should take the title off Moxley not named Kenny Omega it's heel Cody Rhodes. I'd rather AEW build that division around people like MJF than Cody.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cornette thought MJF was the only good thing about AEW, then he want and started singing and Cornette lost it

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was PAC's vignette supposed to end abruptly like that or did they screw up the commercial break?

That segment with Moxley and Kingston was hot fire!

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i highly enjoyed the kenny/hangman montage with a cheesy power ballad

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was PAC's vignette supposed to end abruptly like that or did they screw up the commercial break?

That segment with Moxley and Kingston was hot fire!
    I've said this a hundred times, but man, Eddie Kingston is really gifted on the mic. Him and Mox had a really great segment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would give anything for Eddie Kingston to be as good in the ring as he is on the mic. If he didn't look like a city bus driver and wrestle worse than Hogan in his 50's I'd say put the strap on him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen much of Eddie in the ring (can't even remember anything he did in Impact), but his first match with Moxley was pretty good. I have high hopes for their match on Saturday.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would give anything for Eddie Kingston to be as good in the ring as he is on the mic. If he didn't look like a city bus driver and wrestle worse than Hogan in his 50's I'd say put the strap on him.
    I think his skill in the ring is decent, but i agree about him looking kinda mehh. If he had a good build he could seriously have the potential of being a superstar. But that's AEW. The majority of the guys are short and look average.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been following this man for almost 15 years and I've always admired his promo ability. He stood out like a sore thumb in CHIKARA because nobody could cut a promo for shit. I just never cared for his wrestling. I can tolerate it, but if we're talking about someone feuding with Moxley in what is to be perceived as a legit top tier organization with a WORLD champion, not just by name but actually defending outside of the US, unfortunately I don't see him getting that nod. If they want to have him be a mouthpiece for Pentagon, fuck yeah, that dude should be champion if that's the case. Cool look, awesome wrestler, with Kingston by his side?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Only thing I've seen of Eddie Kingston was when he appeared on the Evolve show on the WWE Network last year. Can't remember what he did though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I want to know about Eddie Kingston is the situation with Mia Yim.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Man, Eddie Kingston's AEW run has been fantastic. It makes me really happy to see him get some shine like this in a big promotion towards what is presumably the twilight of his career. I can't wait for him vs. Mox. Great build. High hopes for the match.

Dynamite has been on a roll in general the last few months so I'm hoping this PPV is a return to form after the pretty lacklustre All Out.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If Eddie wins I would be giddy... Nothing against Mox... On another note, It's a bit mental how, If you take out ads, Dark has a roughly 40 minute longer runtime than Dynamite

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Eddie wins I would be giddy... Nothing against Mox... On another note, It's a bit mental how, If you take out ads, Dark has a roughly 40 minute longer runtime than Dynamite
    Curious about this comment. Do you think he'd be a good World champion and if so, based on what? Dude is great on the mic but outside of that I don't know if him being the heir to the throne is something people would be happy about. Kingston of all people beating Moxley? It wouldn't be the worst booking decision of 2020 but I just don't see it.

I haven't seen too many pro-Eddie fans for this match so genuinely curious.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I dunno man I just love the guy since he came in, Has built up a hell of a story and would be a nice change of pace.
    I mean sure his Mic skills outweigh his traditional 'wrestling abilities' but he is more than good enough and can tell a story in ring as well as verbally.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Dark is ridiculously long. Since it's only on YouTube, I guess they can go however long they want.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno man I just love the guy since he came in, Has built up a hell of a story and would be a nice change of pace.
    I mean sure his Mic skills outweigh his traditional 'wrestling abilities' but he is more than good enough and can tell a story in ring as well as verbally.
    For me it has always came down to wrestling ability. He's the guy who works well in a stable because he can shine as the mouthpiece AND work but he isn't the TOP GUY. When I watch New Day, personally I think Woods is one of the best people on the mic in wrestling period but I don't see him as a World champion. I could very well be proven wrong just like with Eddie Kingston.

Mox definitely has a rogue's gallery of opponents in wrestling. I'd really like to see a rematch with Minoru Suzuki happen in a Western promotion especially here in the US.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Countdown to Full Gear free special on YouTube is great. This card has been so well built and the segments on each match are terrific. Loved the Cody/Darby section.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I can’t wait for this tonight. Stacked! Will be watching in the morning though.

I think we’ll see Kenny win tonight and go full heel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t wait too Murphy, one hour away. Dynamic this week was a good last build up show.

AEW Full Gear 2020 predictions
    — Jon Moxley retains the AEW World Championship over Kingston.
    — Darby Allin picks up a big win, defeating Cody for the TNT Championship.
    — The Young Bucks win the tag titles in a classic.
    — Nyla Rose earns a win over Shida to win the Women's Championship.
    — Kenny Omega earns the victory over Hangman.
    — Matt Hardy ends his feud over Guevara with a win.
    — MJF is the newest member of the Inner Circle.
    — Orange Cassidy gets the win over Silver in an good bout.
    — Serena Deeb makes a successful defense of the NWA Women's title over the debuting Allysin Kay on the Buy In.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t wait too Murphy, one hour away. Dynamic this week was a good last build up show.

AEW Full Gear 2020 predictions
    — Jon Moxley retains the AEW World Championship over Kingston.
    — Darby Allin picks up a big win, defeating Cody for the TNT Championship.
    — The Young Bucks win the tag titles in a classic.
    — Nyla Rose earns a win over Shida to win the Women's Championship.
    — Kenny Omega earns the victory over Hangman.
    — Matt Hardy ends his feud over Guevara with a win.
    — MJF is the newest member of the Inner Circle.
    — Orange Cassidy gets the win over Silver in an good bout.
    — Serena Deeb makes a successful defense of the NWA Women's title over the debuting Allysin Kay on the Buy In.
    I pretty much agree with everything here except I think Guevara beats Matt.

Really looking forward to this show. The go-home Dynamite was on fire.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    apropos of the opening preshow match being a womens match ... why is literally only japan able to produce good women's wrestling?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything here except I think Guevara beats Matt.

Really looking forward to this show. The go-home Dynamite was on fire.
    Yeah could swing each way that one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice opening match between Kenny & Hangman

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    outstanding show so far

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the sammy/matt hardy thing is absolutely terrible

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding night of wrestling. I believe all of AEWs roster had a part in tonight.
    Sadly, only thing I didn't like was the main event... a bloated Kingston did what I figured... wished a member of his family woulda said it for him. ��*♂️

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    the sammy/matt hardy thing is absolutely terrible
    First showing I wasn’t sure going to have to watch it again.

Great overall show loved it. Hopefully watch it again tomorrow.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurricane & Gangrel though

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Pretty excellent show, I didn't enjoy Bucks vs FTR as much asi thought I would, Maybe I overhyped it in my own head beforehand, Still good though. I kind of enjoyed the opener more than any other match