2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bayley turn on Sasha we were waiting for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was hoping they do the guy gets stretchered out and returns at the end to win the main event but I guess that's out the window....

Where is Jimmy Uso at anyone know?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injured.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JFC. Hyperbole much, Cole??? He said the main event was "one of the biggest matches in the history of Smackdown" and the women's tag match may be "the greatest tag team championship match in the history of this program." Yeah, okay...

Loved the promo to start the show. I probably was greedy in wanting a little more of an explanation for Reigns' absence but they at least addressed it in passing. This certainly did a number to rejuvenate Heyman, and Reigns was good when he was on the mic. There's some irony to the sense that they've finally turned Reigns but it's happening in a setting where the fans are voicing their stance virtually.

At least Otis and the briefcase are going to receive some story time now. That's good.

I will say, I'm tired of them extending things in the middle of the card but I can see the purpose with Sheamus and E. The fact they took E out of the main event does feel promising for me because they want to take their time with him and don't want to hot shot him to a title opportunity just to lose right away. Good way to protect against that, add some heat to a feud, and eventually add more momentum for E.

Despite the bold claim earlier, the women's tag match was pretty darn good. I definitely enjoyed that more than the Payback match. It was also subtle to build sympathy for Sasha within the match as she tried to fight through the leg injury in the finishing stretch of the match. Good to see we're finally seeing the breakup between Sasha and Bayley. Really good beatdown by Bayley, too. She's been a fantastic heel since the pandemic started so she's going to hopefully hit a higher level here. Face Boss Time should be great.

Two interesting teases: whoever the female was with the mink coat, and Wyatt's special guest for next week.

Jey Uso has sure gotten some sun since he's been off TV. Sheesh. Pretty entertaining match and an inspired and intriguing winner in Uce. There's certainly some cool ways they can go with it. Uso can play it straight and show some fire as a plucky underdog, can be presumed to be a guy who will lay down for family, or he could turn. I'm definitely interested to see how it'll play out.

Smackdown has turned the page and is advancing stuff. I'm all about that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have a question for those still watching Raw and SD. I learned today that DB has been on the creative team for SD the last few months.

Has anything been better about SD during this time? How are the two shows doing when compared to each other.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    So I have a question for those still watching Raw and SD. I learned today that DB has been on the creative team for SD the last few months.

Has anything been better about SD during this time? How are the two shows doing when compared to each other.
    Depends on your specific taste as to what you like in regards to if it is better. They had a pretty entertaining IC tournament spread out over a few weeks, a weird angle with Hardy/Sheamus, adjusting on the fly with the tag picture, and we're now seeing a push for Big E.

I'm probably wrong but when I look at the shows:
    Raw uses bells and whistles, attempting to have hot talking segments or storylines to push things along. The highs can be high but the lows can be rough.
    Smackdown uses wrestling and simple storytelling to push things along. The Fiend definitely skews that simple storytelling aspect, to be fair. Smackdown has some stinkers but they're relatively few and far between. They don't hit the high marks often but it's a safe bet to have a steady show.

Outside of that, there's not a lot of difference. Smackdown gets a huge bonus of not being weighted down with a third hour of programming to produce every week. Raw tried to use their pool of talent to develop the next generation of stars with Heyman leading creative. Reportedly he was given the axe as the ratings were slipping, thus the projects ended up being stunted or shelved.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey Uso as number one contender is something I can get behind. Very unexpected/intriguing winner. Saw the Heyman/Reigns promo from the top of the show, loved it. I'm not saying I'm going to be tuning into SD but at least they've finally got somethings that I think are very much worth my attention (Heel Roman, E's singles push, Jey getting a title shot, Sasha/Bayley split).

Mink coat lady = Chelsea Green, yeah?
    Last edited by mth; September 5th, 2020 at 12:46 AM.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    As out of left field Uso is as a title contender, story wise I'm not mad about it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fist bump of doom. Jey lays down for the 1.2.3 everyone is pissed and the commentary team is building heat on Roman being a piece of shit. Otis has had enough cuts a promo and challenges Roman then and there. Gets his ass kicked.

Really great chance to built nuclear heat. Jey could also put up a fight and roman beats the shit out of him but i don't know if that's as effective.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot: real estate is doing well for Reigns. He went from a yard to an island.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't watch wwe anymore cause I'm angry I can no longer watch aj styles on twitch

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to add: Alexa becoming Harley Quinn to Fiend's Joker and heel Strowman with new haircut/pants/no shirt to my list above of interesting things right now.

RAW has Alesiter's heel turn, Shayna/Nia as tag champs (which i guess also falls under SD), Riott Squad reunited, and Keith Lee.

Damn...they've actually got a decent amount of compelling stuff going right now...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE has filed a trademark for "Wobbly Walrus" so i think Bray's new friend next week will be a Heyman parody puppet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    WWE has filed a trademark for "Wobbly Walrus" so i think Bray's new friend next week will be a Heyman parody puppet.
    Oh god. Vince has probably created a writing team of his best jab takers to try and piss heyman off enough to quit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Don't watch wwe anymore cause I'm angry I can no longer watch aj styles on twitch
    Ok, I'll bite. WWE can honestly do nothing wrong in your eyes, can they?

Or am I just not getting your sense of humour?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. WWE can honestly do nothing wrong in your eyes, can they?

Or am I just not getting your sense of humour?
    Fucking hell Murphy he's been running this gimmick for years.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've had a very long hard day.

Though actually, when he has been called a troll before, he's seemingly become very defensive about it and even denied it.

Or am I going absolutely fucking mental here?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think we are all going a bit mental tbh.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Woooooooo!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm blinded by my love of WWE. I've gotten to a point where I'll defend them on anything. It's quite sad really, but then again I am a sad person.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there’s been one silver lining to WWE in the COVID-19 era, it’s that they clearly don’t have to worry about filling arenas with fans. So they can really feel free to “experiment” with pushing new and different talents and trying some new stuff.

If there were people in the buildings and tickets to be sold, I doubt either Uso would be getting a World Title push.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm blinded by my love of WWE. I've gotten to a point where I'll defend them on anything. It's quite sad really, but then again I am a sad person.
    I find myself enjoying a lot more than I dislike. I find myself looking forward to seeing almost anything WWE puts out. Sure, there are some things I am less fond of, like Corbin, than others, like Bayley, but it makes it easier to flip through the shows.

If DB is helping with creative, bring it on. He has a mind for storytelling, and he has been a top heel and a top face, and he's always been among the top in the ring. And since he has another little one at home, he deserves to take some time away from the ring if that's what he wants.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You know I love you, Donald.

At the moment, putting all the company bullshit aside, I mostly enjoy WWE. But then I only watch NXT and PPVs. There are reasons why I don't watch Raw and Smackdown.

I am tempted to give NXT UK a go again though when it starts up again next week.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the fence about Jey Uso getting a World title shot. The way he won the match was smart and the fact it was a multi-person match fits him because of his tag-team expertise. If this were simply Jey Uso v. Sheamus, and Jey won, it would have been 100x worse. But this was perfect even if it was a guy who in all honesty shouldn't be in this match.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Jey winning. It was a solid match, and it fits a story that they are telling, however they choose to tell it.

Jey can make Roman look like a horrible heel if they choose to got that direction. For now, the only heelish thing that Roman has done was to align with Heyman, show up and win, but in a 3-way match. If they really want to show him do something heelish, have him beat the snot out of his cousin.

Jey is pretty terrific in the ring, especially when it comes to selling, but his top rope splash is one of the best since Eddie G.

I don't see him winning over Roman at all, but I bet they have a terrific match anyway. And its something they both deserve, to be able to put a family match on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I liked Jey winning. It was a solid match, and it fits a story that they are telling, however they choose to tell it.

Jey can make Roman look like a horrible heel if they choose to got that direction. For now, the only heelish thing that Roman has done was to align with Heyman, show up and win, but in a 3-way match. If they really want to show him do something heelish, have him beat the snot out of his cousin.

Jey is pretty terrific in the ring, especially when it comes to selling, but his top rope splash is one of the best since Eddie G.

I don't see him winning over Roman at all, but I bet they have a terrific match anyway. And its something they both deserve, to be able to put a family match on.
    Despite the story being obvious, I dig it, and sometimes obvious is good!

It'll be interesting how they build this up over the next couple weeks. My only real issue would be that they can't make it competitive. You can't just have it be Jey Uso was some stud being held down in a tag-team and now he can hold his own against someone of Roman's booking caliber. I'm not saying squash but this needs to be 90% Roman beating the fuck out of him.

I imagine we're going to see Roman feign being proud and then destroy Jey for going against family. The good thing with not having fans is that you won't have to really worry about the fans who will cheer heel Roman. Roman is someone who people will mistaken his boo's for wanting to see him turn. No, it's more about people not liking his booking. So at least without fans we don't get a bunch of people cheering this guy bloodying up an Uso.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford's is probably more mesmerizing.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford's is top shelf, without a doubt, because of the amazing height he reache, and his flip up after immediately spinning into a pin. Which is why I said Jey's is "one of" the best. But Jey will look away, mid-air, turn his head to the side, and stick his tongue out, and as I recall, more often than not, Jey will not hold his arms up to his chest immediately after delivering the move, the way a lot of guys do, selling the pain they inflicted on themselves as well. I never liked it when guys do that, it makes them look foolish for hurting themselves as much as they've hurt their opponent. Similar to how that guy (I can't remember his name, was it Justin or Jason something) who dressed as the bunny, used to do the 450 splash, but nearly kill himself in the process.

I will always be partial to Eddie and Superfly Snooka for their splashes, and RVD's version was outrageous. So if I had to pick a Mt Rushmore of splashes, it'd be a tough call.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'Lo's Frog Splash was always awesome, too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the air Ford gets but he's so scrawny it doesn't look like the move hurts at all. When he does it, I think of the impact of a slap bracelet.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lio Rush's Final Hour frogsplash always looked pretty terrific.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

Lio Rush's Final Hour frogsplash always looked pretty terrific.
    D'Lo executed his like that. With the flex at the waist. And he looked like a grown man doing it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'Lo had the solid girth so that it looked like he hurt his opponent, whereas Lio Rush's version looks more like a mosquito bite.

Then again, D'Lo had that chest protector so he looked like he wouldn't hurt himself doing that move. But I think that was all showbiz.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'Lo had the solid girth so that it looked like he hurt his opponent, whereas Lio Rush's version looks more like a mosquito bite.

Then again, D'Lo had that chest protector so he looked like he wouldn't hurt himself doing that move. But I think that was all showbiz.
    I was today years old when I learned the D'Lo pectoral tear was a work and Dan Severn didn't actually hurt him.

I always thought it was a work that started as a shoot. But nope.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting how much of a comeback the Frog Splash has made. It almost say it's become over used much like super kicks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It's interesting how much of a comeback the Frog Splash has made. It almost say it's become over used much like super kicks.
    There are quite a few people using it. Montez Ford, Dom, Rey, Rollins, Usos, Kevin Owens, all do some form of the "frog splash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    There are quite a few people using it. Montez Ford, Dom, Rey, Rollins, Usos, Kevin Owens, all do some form of the "frog splash"
    Remember when the announcers would call Kevin Owens' splash "the bullfrog splash", because he was fat?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they called it the "Uso's Splash" when both Uso's did it at the same time to one victim, from opposite corners. Amazing how they don't hit each other, and their timing is fantastic.

I seem to recall Sasha Banks has done this move as well, but I cannot think of other women who have tried it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they called it the "Uso's Splash" when both Uso's did it at the same time to one victim, from opposite corners. Amazing how they don't hit each other, and their timing is fantastic.

I seem to recall Sasha Banks has done this move as well, but I cannot think of other women who have tried it.
    I fucking hate. Absolutely HATE that Usos double-splash. The one Uso who hits it on the guy across the chest and upper-body. Totally fine. Safe and solid. But I've been saying for years, since they started using it, that a grown man flying off the top rope and splashing someone's lower legs, knees, and feet, is a great way to blow out a knee, fuck up an ankle, break a foot. It looks dangerously unsafe and I can't stand it. It'll happen one of these days. Double Uso splash, *BOOM*, ref throws up the "X", and some poor lug has a broken tibia.

Here's an idea; Instead of both landing on one guy at once, why not have one Uso hit his splash on the opponent, with the opponent face down, and then when he hits, as he's rolling off, he turns the guy over and Uso #2 hits his splash and pins him? They both get to hit a splash and they both get to do it safely.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is everyone involved a heel to try to make Roman a bigger heel?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Is everyone involved a heel to try to make Roman a bigger heel?
    I am not watching the show at the moment but gonna put a yes on that.

At least we’re getting it. Folk will complain if it didn’t happen and folk are probably still complaining about how it’s being handled. Can’t win.

Not directing that rant at you but more the fact that can’t please everyone when it comes to Roman. I’m happy with it personally.
    Last edited by Badger; September 11th, 2020 at 8:50 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll direct it at bert. Bert what the fuxk

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was just a question. It's weird seeing no faces in the title picture is all.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where's my boy Strowman?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Paul Heyman puppet is creepy.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    The Paul Heyman puppet is creepy.
    Mission accomplished then.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not mad at another Heyman/Reigns promo to start the show. Those two just really click with the changes they're operating with. Heyman has a new lease on life because there is only so many ways you can tell the same story with the same, stale character so the fact he's got a new one to work with allows his promo chops to be redefined. The confidence and authority Reigns speaks with is wonderful.

Did they use Jeff Hardy to poke fun at Matt from last weekend? It seems silly to do that, but that's WWE lol. Zayn, Styles, and Hardy are all playing their roles in this setup very well. That's a pretty unique trio so the triple threat should be enjoyable.

Let's address the stupid part of the tag team situation first. Why would you hype a champions versus champions match and then have one of them lose? Dumb. Anyway, another theory I thought about with the tag title situation: it certainly feels like its an opportunity for consolidation, but I think they might have seen that it can be successful to an extent with how Sasha and Bayley handled things. Clearly these two teams don't have the clout that the ladies had but if WWE sees something was successful, they're not opposed to milking the idea for all its potentially worth. Either way, I think it's a good idea if they decide to consolidate the titles.

If WWE can play their cards right, Sasha needs to be off TV for a few weeks and then come back to hype this matchup for Hell in a Cell. As for the next contender, that match was weird because it was built for the stuff for Alexa and then they just had to put someone there to win. Nikki inspires absolutely no enthusiasm for this match, even for a B-level PPV, because there's so many circumstances working against her to be interested.

Teaser vignette woman must be a repackaged Carmella.

MITB is back in focus with Otis but I'm guessing Mandy isn't. I can't really blame them because they spent so much time building Mandy and Otis. Real-world events might be dictating different agendas, but it also seems like they might not have anything else for them as a couple.

Bizarre episode of the Funhouse, but has some pretty interesting potential with the Heyman-like puppet. Outside of the stuff with Alexa, it seems like they don't have any interest on doing anything with Wyatt for something in the ring.

Wasn't it a month ago, at most, that Sheamus and Corbin were bickering amongst each other? Good troll job by Reigns to once again show up for things late and take the spotlight at the end. Think their pacing things well in terms of the ambiguity of what's actually going on between Uso and Reigns.

Congrats on WWE avoiding the use of an ambulance for one episode.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

You have cursed the rest of your awesome words with this one sentence because I wouldn’t be surprised if they now or nearer the PPV time make Drew/Orton an ambulance match!
    Last edited by Badger; September 12th, 2020 at 1:47 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Jeff Hardy/AJ Styles in long TV matches every week just brings back old TNA memories.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MITB is back in focus with Otis but I'm guessing Mandy isn't. I can't really blame them because they spent so much time building Mandy and Otis. Real-world events might be dictating different agendas, but it also seems like they might not have anything else for them as a couple.
    They certainly don't for the next few weeks as Mandy was traded to Raw.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quick hits:

-I’m a big Alexa Bliss fan, am really digging this new character turn; if not her then Naomi should be the one that takes Bayley’s belt.
    -Great job Vince, screwing up what is a pretty cool angle. For some reason I enjoy Bray’s “Firefly Fun House” persona and not his “Fiend” persona; perhaps because it feels like a copycat attempt of Dude Love/Mankind?
    -Morrison and Miz are royally getting shafted by repeatedly losing in this Otis storyline, both guys deserve way better. Miz deserves a shot at the Universal/WWE title; Morrison would be great in the IC title scene and the occasional dabble in the Universal title picture.
    -The IC title scene needs a blowoff. I wasn’t a fan of Jeff taking it off AJ, feel like it needs to be AJ who ultimately comes out with it.
    -I’ve been really impressed with Jey over the past couple weeks as a singles worker, he’ll bump like a madman at CoC and put his cousin over as a mega heel. Coming out of it, I could see him in the IC mix.
    -Bayley. Is. Awesome. Period. Letting her go with the “I used you before you used me and I don’t give a fuck about it” was the next logical progression, probably bought her another 5-6 months with the strap. Whomever finally gets to beat her will get shot to the moon, but this needs to be done in front of a live crowd.
    Last edited by Tyson; September 12th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didn't know who the worst wrestler on the main roster is, you were informed or reminded when Tamina appeared. Why on Earth was she in that match?

And I love the whole repackaging of Carmella, should be a star maker.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really no one is posting? Big E as a vicious guy is great

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I forgot to watch yet again. I prefer Smackdown over RAW, but I tend to remember to watch RAW more often. It's become too much of a habit. I wish Smackdown was back on Thursdays.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Not mad at another Heyman/Reigns promo to start the show. Those two just really click with the changes they're operating with. Heyman has a new lease on life because there is only so many ways you can tell the same story with the same, stale character so the fact he's got a new one to work with allows his promo chops to be redefined. The confidence and authority Reigns speaks with is wonderful.

Did they use Jeff Hardy to poke fun at Matt from last weekend? It seems silly to do that, but that's WWE lol. Zayn, Styles, and Hardy are all playing their roles in this setup very well. That's a pretty unique trio so the triple threat should be enjoyable.

Let's address the stupid part of the tag team situation first. Why would you hype a champions versus champions match and then have one of them lose? Dumb. Anyway, another theory I thought about with the tag title situation: it certainly feels like its an opportunity for consolidation, but I think they might have seen that it can be successful to an extent with how Sasha and Bayley handled things. Clearly these two teams don't have the clout that the ladies had but if WWE sees something was successful, they're not opposed to milking the idea for all its potentially worth. Either way, I think it's a good idea if they decide to consolidate the titles.

If WWE can play their cards right, Sasha needs to be off TV for a few weeks and then come back to hype this matchup for Hell in a Cell. As for the next contender, that match was weird because it was built for the stuff for Alexa and then they just had to put someone there to win. Nikki inspires absolutely no enthusiasm for this match, even for a B-level PPV, because there's so many circumstances working against her to be interested.

Teaser vignette woman must be a repackaged Carmella.

Bizarre episode of the Funhouse, but has some pretty interesting potential with the Heyman-like puppet. Outside of the stuff with Alexa, it seems like they don't have any interest on doing anything with Wyatt for something in the ring.

Wasn't it a month ago, at most, that Sheamus and Corbin were bickering amongst each other? Good troll job by Reigns to once again show up for things late and take the spotlight at the end. Think their pacing things well in terms of the ambiguity of what's actually going on between Uso and Reigns.

Let's get this weeks review up you slacker

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of the Otis lawsuit angle but I do like how they’re progressing with Bliss/Cross, Bayley/Banks and Jey/Roman.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not a big fan of the Otis lawsuit angle but I do like how they’re progressing with Bliss/Cross, Bayley/Banks and Jey/Roman.
    Personally I think it's an awesome old school heel storyline. He is systematically taking everything from Otis he cares about. First mandy, now maybe his Mitb contract and I'm sure it will keep going. I'm sure we will see his partner turning on him to align with miz at some point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd mixing for the night was so weird.

I’ll wait to see what happens with the Otis storyline. The circumstances in regards to logic are clearly flawed in WWE so the fact that litigation is now in play for the briefcase is silly, but it probably feels like it would be in better hands with Miz or Morrison. With that, part of me thinks the briefcase needs to move to Raw.

Good lord, WWE. I can’t imagine how many incarnations of the same match or straight up rematches we have seen over recent weeks. They’ve been rather lazy in that regard. At least Cesaro is multifaceted and can work a variety of styles so that’s a plus. I don’t know how much it amounts to but the fact they continue to work dissension amongst LHP is interesting.

Know Your Bro segment may be counterproductive if it continues. He can do humor but I’m not sure if he can consistently pull it off with the main roster crew writing for him.

Why did they go through the effort of saying Lacey had hand sanitizer, used it and the ref didn’t call for a DQ and Nikki didn’t sell it? That was odd and dumb. At least they’re making some minor progress with Alexa and explaining how she’s not in control when she’s triggered to go into a trance. For her size, it feels like it’s somewhat impressive that she can pull off Sister Abigail.

Sasha did a great job showing her disappointment with the betrayal from Bayley. In general, I thought it was stupid to have Sasha back on TV within two weeks of the injury angle, but I guess they found a convenient way to prolong things for her to be hurt with another attack. Not sure why Sasha was at the PC, via satellite, other than a mater of convenience to set up the attack by Bayley. But hey, I guess it all “worked out” in the sense there’s more heat on Bayley, more sympathy for Sasha, and the moment when Sasha is ready to kick ass will be tremendous.

Pretty entertaining TV match between Zayn and Styles. It felt inevitable that this was going to be a ladder match for the IC title but that doesn’t take away the fact that the match itself should be pretty damn good. That was a pretty cool spot by Hardy as he avoided the attack by Zayn and used the ladder to take out Styles and Zayn. Not really sure at this point who makes the most sense to move forward as the champion.

Really enjoyed the stuff with E. He used Sheamus’ trick against him and looked like a badass in the process.

Reigns was fantastic with work in the ring, on the mic, and facial expressions. He’s been delivering at high levels since he came back. There’s a fine line they have to operate within when it comes to Jey Uso. Anyone who watches this programming should be to see that Reigns and Heyman are up to no good. You would think Uso should see this ending poorly for him but they’re working under the guise that he’s working with his family so it’s competitive but respectful. They just need to make sure Uso doesn’t look like a stupid babyface at the end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Let's get this weeks review up you slacker
    Sorry!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like that Lacey Evans is a heel but how quickly she gave up on trying to be a better role model for her daughter than Bayley and Sasha, impressive. Big Show must be proud.

Who else thinks Bayley v. Nikki Cross=dumb as fuck?????? Naomi beat Bayley CLEAN not that long ago and shit I can't even tell you the last time I saw her on Smackdown since that win about a month ago.

For the young and/or uneducated fan the Roman-Jey stuff is pretty solid. It's predictable for the die hards like us. My only real gripe is that it's Jey. Jey has always been the goofball, he's always been the one playing 2nd fiddle and not really adding much other than hype man to Jimmy. If this were Jimmy I think it would be getting over better. Then again.....Maybe it works with Jey because he IS so goofy and doesn't really take shit serious so he's kind of oblivious to what's really going on.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Naomi beat Bayley clean, then surely she should be the Women's champion. Non-title matches suck and I think they need to go. If you don't want your champion to lose, don't book them to lose. You could give Naomi a win over Bayley in a tag team match. It makes Naomi look good, the title wasn't on the line because it's a tag match, and it builds the program. Nowadays it's the champion saying "If you beat me tonight in a non-title contest, I'll give you a shot at the title." Does any other sport use this logic? I know I love WWE but this shit makes me angry.

Does AEW do non-title matches in order to get a title match?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Naomi beat Bayley clean, then surely she should be the Women's champion. Non-title matches suck and I think they need to go. If you don't want your champion to lose, don't book them to lose. You could give Naomi a win over Bayley in a tag team match. It makes Naomi look good, the title wasn't on the line because it's a tag match, and it builds the program. Nowadays it's the champion saying "If you beat me tonight in a non-title contest, I'll give you a shot at the title." Does any other sport use this logic? I know I love WWE but this shit makes me angry.

Does AEW do non-title matches in order to get a title match?
    AEW just did this with FTR and Jurassic Express. If JE beat FTR in their non-title match then FTR was going to give them a shot at the belts.

And yeah, Naomi beat her in the beat the clock challenge in like a couple minutes. But Nikki Cross beats 3 women who haven't won a singles match of worth in forever, including TAMINA!, and she's next in line? Weak shit.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that it's Jey because Jimmy's the one that's always seemed to get more spotlight. Nice chance for the second fiddle brother to get himself some time to shine.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see a Jey Uso title reign!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long will Jimmy be out? I fear that he comes back to cost Jey the match, leading to the Twin vs Twin feud that nobody wants. Even if he isn't cleared to wrestle or be active, just play his music and distract Jey, let it play out a few weeks until he is ready to come back, if he is expected back soon enough.

I like the Otis/Miz stuff, because Miz is great. He is finally recovering from not getting a win over Shane, then he was booked poorly in the Wyatt angle, finally the Strowman stuff. He deserves a chance to shine, and he can teach Otis and Tucker a lot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long will Jimmy be out? I fear that he comes back to cost Jey the match, leading to the Twin vs Twin feud that nobody wants. Even if he isn't cleared to wrestle or be active, just play his music and distract Jey, let it play out a few weeks until he is ready to come back, if he is expected back soon enough.

I like the Otis/Miz stuff, because Miz is great. He is finally recovering from not getting a win over Shane, then he was booked poorly in the Wyatt angle, finally the Strowman stuff. He deserves a chance to shine, and he can teach Otis and Tucker a lot.
    I'm hearing 6-9 months from March when they recorded the ladder match for Mania. He could still show up, bust Jey with a crutch or fuck it maybe he shows up and Roman spears him after beating Jey. Not even at the ppv but maybe at a future Smackdown. WWE are lucky with being able to truly establish storylines they want to see through without fans cheering heels for no reason. But I also think we miss out on that connection we as fans at home share with the crowd.

Personally I have no qualms with Jimmy and Jey staying a tag-team forever or until 1 calls it a day. They're a super established tag-team but I think we have enough wrestlers out there who did well on their own either before or after being in a "real" tag-team.

Yeah, the Shane stuff with Miz took the guy from potentially getting back into the World title picture as a top notch heel to a babyface that has now had to start rebuilding once again. The stuff with Miz, Otis, and everyone in between is pretty solid. Shocking how well this has all turned out over the last 7 months.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're having a regular 3-way before the ladder 3-way?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Logical booking

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Title of their sex tape?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea bury riddle for garbage corbin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Current Roman Reigns is amazing kinda Mad it’s just happening now but I won’t complain I will enjoy this run.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Title of their sex tape?
    3 Guys, 1 Ladder

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not exactly sure why they wanted to go with a triple threat between the IC title participants two nights prior to the PPV but hey, they gave us a finish for it. Raw doesn't always do that, so Smackdown earns praise for simply doing what you should do. I thought they all meshed together pretty well for this match so I figure that bodes well for Sunday. I'm guessing the story is Zayn was opportunistic here but Hardy ends up showing out when the ladders are involved in the match and he ends the night as the IC champ.

Bayley had a nice enough promo, covering Sasha and Nikki. If Nikki could be any more of an afterthought while actually being a title contender, I'd be quite impressed. Actually I'm not sure who is more of an afterthought: Nikki or LHP. I guess since Nikki wasn't on TV for the go home episode, we'll go with her.

While no one can imagine Uso winning the title, they've done a good job making his minutes matter. This video package with the family outline the history for Uso and Reigns was a nice touch. I probably would've wanted a little more talking in terms of hearing Uso's thoughts of the two-faced response by Reigns last week. Thankfully that wasn't the last of him and talking for the evening.

Beats me why Riddle and Corbin needed to continue to the point of having another match and also have Riddle lose in the process. Riddle and Lee were guys that really shouldn't have had as many hiccups as we've seen early in their main-roster careers.

Lacey/Alexa moved a rather glacial pace. Goodness. Seems like they could have had a talking segment somewhere in the show for somebody so the match didn't need to be that methodical. It was cool to see Alexa ramp it up with the trance when The Fiend was in her orbit. Those random crossover entrances/exits usually don't amount to much but this was a good touch to have Alexa (who seems to be an avatar for The Fiend) stalk Reigns, who took The Fiend's belt.

The closing segment was so damn good. Reigns was so matter of fact and cold to Uso about why Reigns always was going to be the guy but respected Uso for being a legendary tag guy with his brother. I like how that condescension took it over the edge for Uso. He was playful and going through the motions a bit earlier but he was centered and motivated when he cut his promo. It was a great display of his ability, which is great when the spotlight was its brightest for him. Reigns was awesome in his own way when he came back. Just really great stuff. I think my concern about Uso looking like a ignorant babyface was luckily avoid. The cards are all out on the table, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love little miss fiend Alexa Bliss.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit this Uso/Reigns stuff is so good. Heel Roman is off to a damn great start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before, but, if there's one silver lining to the Covid-19 cloud, its that WWE can experiment more now. They don't have to sell tickets in the ThunderDome, so they can push guys, like Jey Uso, who aren't a proven draw. They don't have to play it safe.

I'm hoping after Roman finishes with Uso, we get a Reigns/Daniel Bryan feud.

Now that's money.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE really loves doubling down on feuds rather than leaving well enough alone. At least they're doing it by, directly or indirectly, giving Jey Uso a boost. He easily could have faded into oblivion and served a temporary purpose but they're giving this more rope. That also makes sense with the calendar in play with the draft and the PPV so close to each other. It certainly helps keep a story going if you have a compelling face and heel, and it seems like Smackdown has that with Reigns and Uso.

They also gave Uso rapid momentum in the form of a quality surprise win over Styles. This probably ends up being a tremendous series of events that benefits many agendas. You give Uso a strong win, you get a really good match, and you likely send Styles out the door with a loss. WWE's booking tends to raise an eyebrow for people who lose prior to the draft. Just reading the situation/room, it seems like he's destined to be off Smackdown now. Works for me. Part of me still really hopes he winds up on NXT.

Had to be relatively close in terms of determining which was longer: E's promo or Sheamus' squash win. Falls Count Anywhere with E and Sheamus should be a good climax for this feud that turned out to be quite entertaining.

Seems like an odd use of the Brand-to-Brand Invitational for a talking segment with the guest beings someone known for hosting a talking segment. At least the segment was effective. I thought Alexa and Owens played their roles effectively. It was probably wasn't easy trying to connect what Owens has been doing with Black on Raw to what Alexa has been dealing with in terms of The Fiend but it was woven together well. Should be interesting to see how Bliss continues to evolve now that they're done beating around the bush in terms of a direct affiliation with The Fiend. The match between Owens and The Fiend should be fun, too.

Anything Riddle did with Cesaro and Nakamura (while brief) was entertaining. The rest of that match was meh. I'm hopeful that the fact Riddle didn't do a whole lot with the two guys I mentioned is just to be a tease of things to come further down the road.

The crowd goes mild for the reveal of Carmella as the mystery women from the vignettes.

The announcement of Sasha/Bayley for the title next week definitely raises the stakes for the start of the Draft. You'd like to think that there will be a finish there but I can't presume that because a PPV is around the corner and lazy booking could be the easy out for them. It would be ideal if they go that route that Bayley realizes she's close to losing and finds a cheap DQ, thus creating a nice utilization of the cell.

The main event was a good showing both for the challenger and the champion. It certainly doesn't feel like Hardy has been coasting since he's come back. That might led to a short shelf life for this run, but he's making the most of it. Zayn has been on top of his game, as a character and creatively within the ring. I'm not sure why the ref couldn't get someone to fix the turnbuckle lol but it made for a sly finish for Zayn. That protects Hardy for whatever is ultimately next for him and continues to set the tone that Zayn is going to be clever as a manipulative champion. If Owens sticks on Smackdown...I'd love to see those two tussle again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me Carmella didn't turn heel because of the fans *sigh...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Mella is money lol.

Mildly surprised but not complaining about the Reigns/Jey feud continuing. Should be a boost for both.

I also like how steady they’re taking E’s push rather than throwing him into title feuds. Hoping eventually him and Roman will clash or they have him take out Zayn first. The slow burn and journey has been nice and it’ll be interesting to see where they take it next when he’s done w

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, not a fan of the Uso/Roman stuff continuing. AJ filling the Chris Jericho role of putting over people who suddenly need to be main event caliber lol.

Fiend v. Kevin Owens....That should be a ppv feud. Maybe their characters don't exactly mix but you never know.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think big E turns on new day tonight

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan lol

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy Rose who was drafted to RAW weeks ago gets drafted to RAW again tonight, lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rom7878 View Post
    Anyone think big E turns on new day tonight
    Your ideas intrigue me and I will look to subscribe to your newsletter

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP New Day 2014 - 2020.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Not watching and results aren't up to date yet.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kofi and Woods got drafted to Raw, Big E staying on Smackdown.

I think the rationale on this may be for E to continue his singles push so not too upset. Tbh brand split a load of shite anyway as folk walk in and out anyway they’ll hook up again down the road. They’ll be fine, just creating soap opera drama.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When I read that it intrigued me enough to go check out results. I saw Xavier was back and they had a tag title shot but that was as far as the results go. For a split second I thought someone had turned heel.

You're right though, draft means nothing. I'm sure they'll be back together at some point. Especially if Kofi & Xavier are SD Tag champs now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame the Seth/Rey feud is going to keep going on SmackDown, was hoping when Seth was drafted that might be the end of it but then Rey/Dom followed. Really big stuff with New Day. Lots of draft picks that meant fuck all, though, half of them were just people staying on their shows. Can't think that anyone other than Lars is probably excited that Lars is back.
    Last edited by mth; October 10th, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The draft is like doing laundry twice a year and putting them all in the washing machine without detergent. Comes out not any cleaner and still the same.

Lars and the Reybours still soap opera are on the mehhh list.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Kind of bummed they went the lazy route and “split up” The New Day, thought they might keep them on the same brand because they have a pretty cool dynamic. This definitely solidifies the Big E solo run, should definitely be construed as a huge vote of confidence in him.

With Woods/Kingston taking the SD tag titles to Raw, does that mean a unification bout against The Street Profits?

Lars Sullivan still sucks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Falls Count Anywhere match was physical as hell. Sheamus' back looked gnarly. This was a program that definitely earned the stipulation and these two really did well throughout the setup to this match and the execution of the match. It actually had a video game vibe to it with all the weapons and the moving around the arena. Fun match, stupid camera angle for the finish, but the right guy won. Onward and upward for E. Good to see the whole New Day gang back together. The injury for Woods and time off for Kingston helped freshen them up. It also made sense why they reunion came on this night, based on what would ultimately happen.

I like how they framed the setup for the Heyman/Reigns promo. Reigns comes off as a mob boss and it's not cheesy. Adding the 'I Quit' stip to HIAC is a good touch. Considering how on the brink Uso was at the PPV, he could be in for a hell of a beating again.

We're getting so close to it being a regular thing for a new incarnation of The Hardy Bros: Matt and Jeff. Didn't really miss Lars Sullivan but he's back. He was set for what seemed to be a pretty healthy push before he got hurt. We'll see what comes for him this time around.

I was hoping that the tease of the women's title match was going to be deeper into the match but we essentially got what I was anticipating in the sense that Bayley was in a world of hurt and bailed at the first chance she had. Looking forward to seeing these two tussle in HIAC.

Unexpected matchup of LRLR vs UUDD but it was good to see Woods back in the ring. Nice to callback to the fact that these two teams squared off at Extreme Rules and how Cesaro and Nakamura took the titles from New Day then. The timing of this makes it seem like New Day wasn't healthy so WWE decided to go with a title change at ER but they finally had the crew healthy again and wanted to go with the easy solution of just putting the titles back on them. Not really a fan of that.

I forgot that this was the first time we were seeing The Fiend wrestle on free TV, but it ended up being one of the better times we've see him wrestle in a match. Not a surprise, considering Owens was on the other side. I'd say it was up there with the Strap Match with Bryan. Owens and Bryan are extremely phenomenal workers and Bryan was put into a match with a stip that wasn't crippling like it was for Rollins earlier.

As for the draft:
    Rollins was someone I mentioned, due to the fact that Rollins and Murphy split. It's surprising to see a major heel go to Smackdown, with Reigns on board. By proxy, you can imagine Becky (if she comes back) will be going to Smackdown. There's potential with new disciples in waiting for Rollins. Congrats to Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander for being first-round picks...

Made sense with Styles going back to Raw. As I said, Heyman and football dictated he was going to head back to Raw. He's a good fresh face for McIntyre. Graves brought up a change of scenery for Naomi. I guess that makes sense. She just hasn't done anything for a while, even with her health concerns earlier. Bianca on Smackdown should hopefully lead to good things.

I guess the Mysterios and Rollins will continue, maybe just without Murphy. Miz and Morrison on Raw is a fine addition because the tag division was in shambles over there.

What a dumb execution of splitting up New Day. Why would Smackdown or, in this case, Raw draft a group without drafting all of the pieces? It was a way to create the split without turning anyone and I guess it created a shocking moment but it didn't make sense from a drafting perspective. It was a good gut punch though when Woods said "you didn't say E's name." Smackdown did a smaller and equally stupid version of this by not drafting Tucker when they drafted Otis. This does set the stage for E to have a clean path to a big push. I guess they felt this was the only way to accomplish what they wanted. I think it's fairly misguided.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 9th, 2020 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How can Raw draft The New Day and Big E not be a part of that? He's a founding member. The more I think about it, the less I like it.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maverick beat me to the punch but exactly. You draft New Day and, whether they said E's name or not, they are a unit that has always been together. The logic here makes no sense. Raw would want Big E as well because he is a solid talent. Raw wouldn't pass the opportunity to stick it to SD by taking 3 talents and not just 2. Sure it creates a shock moment but its just shock at the giant holes in logic that either get ignored or not thought of before show time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was all done for confusion.

Neither side knows who is picking who so there goes the whole "Well maybe Raw wanted to fuck SD by taking their tag-team champions?" If the next pick for SD wasn't Big E then it would've made sense. But the fact he was their next pick after X and K went to Raw, fucked it all up and it looks idiotic.

Stephanie shouldn't have been out there but you know, she needs her camera time that hot milf. They could've done what I said very easily with the reps from Raw and Smackdown out there that way SD picking Big E would've felt like a realistic natural reaction to the other 2 getting traded.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it possible that say roman reigns could get drafted to rawtonigjtig. Or is it that he was chosen to smackdown on Friday means he is no longer on the pool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that say roman reigns could get drafted to rawtonigjtig. Or is it that he was chosen to smackdown on Friday means he is no longer on the pool.
    No. Only certain wrestlers are eligible tonight, same with Friday.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's dumb. Worst draft since vietnam.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's dumb. Worst draft since vietnam.
    LOL.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This draft would be much better if they had someone picking draft picks instead of Stephanie just yelling out names. Ric Flair and Vince picking back in the day was awesome. Authority figures are a tired schtick I agree, but they could have come up with some creative way to pick the draft picks.