Page 130 of 137 FirstFirst ... 120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 13,000 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The match was terrible. And I hate when wrestlers try to justify why a match was met with negativity. We don't need you to do anything but have a better performance next time. Some fanboy on Twitter said something in regards to how basically we as fans should take every shitty match as we would a great match and Bliss responded agreeing with it.

I don't give a fuck if women are making moves. If your match sucks it sucks. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins had 12 great matches on tv and ppv, then had a really shit one for the IC strap. And if I remember, Seth went on Twitter to make excuses or apologize, fuck that. People have bad matches. Even AJ Styles probably had one, idk.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    It was not a good match, and the women (particularly Bliss/Naomi) deserved the "this is awful" chants. And the "you suck" chants at Bliss were definitely not because she was playing the heel in the match. I don't mean that to be disrespectful to the women; I believe had a match like that had taken place with the men it would have received the same treatment. It was 10 minutes too long, way too many rest holds, and way too many times Bliss was playing the cowardly heel. And I swear I am not intentionally coming for Bliss. Naomi looked like she was phoning it in. Plus, you take two women like Naomi and Natalya, neither who have been featured since MITB, someone who is a bit overexposed like Bliss, and a SD! superstar (Carmella), and you wonder why the crowd didn't give a shit. Honestly, Cross was one of the more entertaining parts of the match, and she wasn't even in it.

Becky vs Natalya will certainly be a solid wrestling match as both are excellent technicians. I am just not sure that's the kind of match people at Summerslam will want to see. I'd like to see it, but I think I am in the minority.
    What's crazy is that the women's match was so long, but the main event was incredibly short. You had most of the top talent on the men's side competing in a Battle Royal to close the show, and it only gets 11 min? As expected, the crowd was hot for it. It should have been the opposite.

I get what they were going for with Bliss hiding on the outside, but it felt more like they weren't confident she could wrestle such a long match, so they kept her involvement to a minimum. It just got ridiculous, and I don't blame the fans for turning on her.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    The match was booked badly, with 3 faces and a cowardly heel who had outside help, plus the face champ on commentary right outside the ring.

I actually thought Carmella looked okay, and her covering Naomi and Nattie came off to me more as "everyone is there for themselves". She did her job well, which I thought was to further the narrative that Bliss stood a chance to somehow squeak a victory. And face it, going in, much of the crowd expected them to go with Bliss because she's got a story going on. Carmella's best part of the night was convincing R-Truth to go hide at Comic-Con.

Naomi is talented, but she rarely looks like she cares when she isn't booked to win. While her offense is good, she usually doesn't sell very well, except when she completely oversells. She looks powerful enough that her strikes could be powerful, but the flip side is that when she's barely slapped or tossed outside the ring, she shouldn't be down for 90 seconds.

I thought the best part of the match were the short promo by both Nattie and Becky. Nattie is normally passable at best on the mic, but she showed some fire. I am hoping they can bring out the best in each other.
    I'll say this about Naomi. She can do some amazing things in the ring, but she can't work a long match. She's better off in a tag team where she can get the hot tag, run through her move set, and get the win.

I don't get why Carmella was the first one eliminated. She's more over than Naomi or Nattie with the R-Truth stuff. She should have been the last to be eliminated.

The post match face off between Becky and Nattie was absolutely the best part of this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The match was terrible. And I hate when wrestlers try to justify why a match was met with negativity. We don't need you to do anything but have a better performance next time. Some fanboy on Twitter said something in regards to how basically we as fans should take every shitty match as we would a great match and Bliss responded agreeing with it.

I don't give a fuck if women are making moves. If your match sucks it sucks. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins had 12 great matches on tv and ppv, then had a really shit one for the IC strap. And if I remember, Seth went on Twitter to make excuses or apologize, fuck that. People have bad matches. Even AJ Styles probably had one, idk.
    Yup, the match just plain sucked. I listened to the folks over at Cultaholic reprimanding fans for not respecting the wrestlers and causing a distraction with their chants. Fuck off with that.

Ah, the elusive "one bad AJ match", lol. Off topic, but I think there was a triple threat between him, Chris Daniels, and CM Punk that was awful. Looked great on paper, but fell apart and ended up a complete mess. I think it was Punk himself who said this.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What's crazy is that the women's match was so long, but the main event was incredibly short. You had most of the top talent on the men's side competing in a Battle Royal to close the show, and it only gets 11 min? As expected, the crowd was hot for it. It should have been the opposite.

I get what they were going for with Bliss hiding on the outside, but it felt more like they weren't confident she could wrestle such a long match, so they kept her involvement to a minimum. It just got ridiculous, and I don't blame the fans for turning on her.

I'll say this about Naomi. She can do some amazing things in the ring, but she can't work a long match. She's better off in a tag team where she can get the hot tag, run through her move set, and get the win.

I don't get why Carmella was the first one eliminated. She's more over than Naomi or Nattie with the R-Truth stuff. She should have been the last to be eliminated.

The post match face off between Becky and Nattie was absolutely the best part of this whole thing.

Yup, the match just plain sucked. I listened to the folks over at Cultaholic reprimanding fans for not respecting the wrestlers and causing a distraction with their chants. Fuck off with that.

Ah, the elusive "one bad AJ match", lol. Off topic, but I think there was a triple threat between him, Chris Daniels, and CM Punk that was awful. Looked great on paper, but fell apart and ended up a complete mess. I think it was Punk himself who said this.
    Given the recent history of her health and the length of her usual matches, I wouldn't blame officials for thinking that. In the weirdest way, Bliss has both been overexposed and super protected in her booking since coming to the main roster. Part of me selfishly was kind of glad she got those chants, not against her, but to officials who book her. It was a pretty clear sign that they crowd (even if just one time) was not buying into Bliss the wrestler. I think she's done about all she can do as a heel for the moment, about time she turns into a badass face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reality is this.....I can't think of a single match where any of those 4 women were met with those chants. Not saying it hasn't happened, I'm just saying it isn't frequent. Randy Orton is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE and he's been met with a lot of "boring" chants.

I will say this....Bliss' response could very well be a heel answer. How dare they boo me!?! type shit. It was more the fans who were trying to white knight the situation that rubbed me the wrong way.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all, Dana and Sarah are straight up wrestling for their lives on Main Event, I think three weeks in a row. Dana has improved leaps and bounds, Sarah has (in my eyes) always been a criminally underrated in-ring talent, and to top it all off, both are getting decent reactions from the crowds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all, Dana and Sarah are straight up wrestling for their lives on Main Event, I think three weeks in a row. Dana has improved leaps and bounds, Sarah has (in my eyes) always been a criminally underrated in-ring talent, and to top it all off, both are getting decent reactions from the crowds.
    Dana getting hard-wayed by Sarah Logan was the coolest thing that's ever happened to her on TV and they didn't even mention it on the big boy shows.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Dana getting hard-wayed by Sarah Logan was the coolest thing that's ever happened to her on TV and they didn't even mention it on the big boy shows.
    Right? I think they are both solid talents that just need a little TLC. Plus, while she's not doing anything on Raw, Sarah hands down needs to be with the Viking Raiders. They don't even need to explain it. She's a viking, they are vikings, her real life husband is Erik. It just makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bliss doing a Burger King commercial? If only there was another wrestler who's gimmick was being the Queen. Oh, well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bliss doing a Burger King commercial? If only there was another wrestler who's gimmick was being the Queen. Oh, well.
    Hard for me to decide which overexposed talent (Bliss and Flair) I'd want to see in a BK commercial lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an advertising agency. You really want to impress your client with your new commercial featuring a female WWE superstar.

WWE sends you pictures and info of Alexa and Charlotte.

Who do you pick?

C'maaahhhhn.

Not everything related to wrestling is about in ring skill. Sometimes you just want a hot semi celebrity to sell your fucking shitty burger.

Also Ron Simmons is in it. So go Ron.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; July 24th, 2019 at 9:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    You're an advertising agency. You really want to impress your client with your new commercial featuring a female WWE superstar.

WWE sends you pictures and info of Alexa and Charlotte.

Who do you pick?

C'maaahhhhn.

Not everything related to wrestling is about in ring skill. Sometimes you just want a hot semi celebrity to sell your fucking shitty burger.

Also Ron Simmons is in it. So go Ron.
    Are you saying Charlotte is somehow inferior to little miss Bliss? I'll have you know Miss Flair is a very handsome woman.

I just find it weird who ends up with these commercials. There are people with gimmicks that are perfectly suited to a particular product, but someone else gets it instead. When it comes to marketing, you want something to stick in customers heads. They could do an entire campaign around Charlotte as the Queen getting, pun intended, "woo'd" by the Burger King. It's something that writes itself.

Sometimes I wonder if WWE throws a bone to wrestlers lower on the card. I think Charlotte makes the most out of all the women, so I can understand giving this to someone else.

I was also thinking, shouldn't Becky be getting more commercials? I think she got that one Shampoo commercial back when the Women's Main Event at 'Mania was announced, but that's about it. Maybe she sells so much merch they figure she's good.

And yeah, good on Ron for sneaking in there!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying Charlotte is somehow inferior to little miss Bliss? I'll have you know Miss Flair is a very handsome woman.

I just find it weird who ends up with these commercials. There are people with gimmicks that are perfectly suited to a particular product, but someone else gets it instead. When it comes to marketing, you want something to stick in customers heads. They could do an entire campaign around Charlotte as the Queen getting, pun intended, "woo'd" by the Burger King. It's something that writes itself.

Sometimes I wonder if WWE throws a bone to wrestlers lower on the card. I think Charlotte makes the most out of all the women, so I can understand giving this to someone else.

I was also thinking, shouldn't Becky be getting more commercials? I think she got that one Shampoo commercial back when the Women's Main Event at 'Mania was announced, but that's about it. Maybe she sells so much merch they figure she's good.

And yeah, good on Ron for sneaking in there!
    It's probably more to do with the fact you rarely see anyone but John Cena from the WWE in any type of commercial. I haven't even seen this BK commercial you talk about but they don't show commercials like that very often on Hulu and Youtube since I don't watch normal tv/cable.

Your idea sounded like some shit Vince probably did pitch to Burger King and they said yeah no thanks. You're basically saying Charlotte was suited simply because her nickname is "The Queen".....But we all know bar for bar Bliss is quantum leaps above Charlotte when needing to act. So I would assume a nickname v. skills on the mic is probably what convinced BK to have Bliss be part of it as opposed to Charlotte the Burger Queen...........

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Bliss ad.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also here is the BK ad that it turns out Charlotte did a year ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Bliss ad.

Is this something they legit show on t.v.? Love the Ron Simmons part but that made it seem like the commercial is solely for WWE programming.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this something they legit show on t.v.? Love the Ron Simmons part but that made it seem like the commercial is solely for WWE programming.
    Idk.

Thanks to dvr and streaming services I haven't seen a commercial in like 10 years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the IIconics have been in a CarMax commercial recently. I think they mainly crossover for ads that are going to be on USA programming during WWE programming.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably more to do with the fact you rarely see anyone but John Cena from the WWE in any type of commercial. I haven't even seen this BK commercial you talk about but they don't show commercials like that very often on Hulu and Youtube since I don't watch normal tv/cable.

Your idea sounded like some shit Vince probably did pitch to Burger King and they said yeah no thanks. You're basically saying Charlotte was suited simply because her nickname is "The Queen".....But we all know bar for bar Bliss is quantum leaps above Charlotte when needing to act. So I would assume a nickname v. skills on the mic is probably what convinced BK to have Bliss be part of it as opposed to Charlotte the Burger Queen...........
    Charlotte's gimmick does make her well suited for a commercial like this, but she's no slouch on the mic. I'd have to disagree that Bliss is the better of the two in that department. They both have different identities. Bliss takes the mean girls approach, while Charlotte goes with the "I can beat anyone" slant. There was a brief period years ago when you could argue that Charlotte was the best thing going on the main roster, along with the Miz, but she's been so overexposed, allot of just don't care about her anymore, and tune out her promos.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They showed it once during the RAW Reunion, but not on Smackdown. Probably because Burger King was the sponsor of the Rollins/Styles match. It might end up just showing on the Network.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlotte's gimmick does make her well suited for a commercial like this, but she's no slouch on the mic. I'd have to disagree that Bliss is the better of the two in that department. They both have different identities. Bliss takes the mean girls approach, while Charlotte goes with the "I can beat anyone" slant. There was a brief period years ago when you could argue that Charlotte was the best thing going on the main roster, along with the Miz, but she's been so overexposed, allot of just don't care about her anymore, and tune out her promos.
    I would say Bliss' gimmick does as well. Her and Charlotte are literally the same gimmick with the only difference being Charlotte's is more rooted in her relation to Ric Flair. But all the cocky, I'm better than you, bow before me type shit.....I just figured you thought Charlotte because it was said, "they already have a QUEEN".

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what are your thoughts on Bliss and Cross as the new women's tag-team champions?

And how did you like the IIconics run?

Meh for both. I felt like the WWE were on the right path with Banks/Bayley as the inaugural champs. I wasn't negative to them losing the belts so quickly, especially to the team they lost them to. It would have been a great feud after Mania, even if Banks/Bayley didn't regain them.

And that plays into why I wasn't that high on the IIconics reign when looking back at the last 5 months because they literally had 1 feud that didn't even see the light of day on ppv. The Kabuki Warriors, shit name, but 2 of the best wrestlers on the roster, they should be champs. I'm not high on Bliss/Cross. Bliss has been gifted so many title opps these last few months it's not even entertaining. The only way I can feel good about this decision is if we're going to get a real division going and not just props for solid talent to carry around.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bliss/Cross is a pairing that easily could have been broken up a month or so ago and they clearly didn't so it's validation of storytelling from the perspective of those two that they're still together. It makes the faces questioning Cross look silly but that's pretty irrelevant. It's further commitment to a storyline so I give them props for it and I don't have a problem with them as the champs. They were already on TV way more than the champs at the time so you would hope this puts a little more of a spotlight on the titles.

Feels like the IIconics were victims of lack of direction after they won. There were different reports that the Bellas were supposed to be a post-Mania feud, clearance was an issue, and it got shelved. That would make sense as to a story that probably had multiple weeks of substance (hopefully) behind it disappearing and they had nothing left in the chamber after that, so the champs were basically non-existent. They're not that great in the ring but they're absolutely hilarious together when they have time to fill for promos, particularly their YouTube ones. I think they have a shelf life that's strong and can easily see them getting a second reign as long as there is a direction with the titles.

Just depends on the level of effort given to the division. I do think the division undercuts what the singles champions have at their disposal to a minor extent. They need Sasha back in the worst way possible to really help provide a new opponent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Bliss/Cross is a pairing that easily could have been broken up a month or so ago and they clearly didn't so it's validation of storytelling from the perspective of those two that they're still together. It makes the faces questioning Cross look silly but that's pretty irrelevant. It's further commitment to a storyline so I give them props for it and I don't have a problem with them as the champs. They were already on TV way more than the champs at the time so you would hope this puts a little more of a spotlight on the titles.

Feels like the IIconics were victims of lack of direction after they won. There were different reports that the Bellas were supposed to be a post-Mania feud, clearance was an issue, and it got shelved. That would make sense as to a story that probably had multiple weeks of substance (hopefully) behind it disappearing and they had nothing left in the chamber after that, so the champs were basically non-existent. They're not that great in the ring but they're absolutely hilarious together when they have time to fill for promos, particularly their YouTube ones. I think they have a shelf life that's strong and can easily see them getting a second reign as long as there is a direction with the titles.

Just depends on the level of effort given to the division. I do think the division undercuts what the singles champions have at their disposal to a minor extent. They need Sasha back in the worst way possible to really help provide a new opponent.
    They for fucking sure NEED Sasha Banks. Whatever the fuck is going on with her and the WWE, they need to figure it out. Doesn't look like she's hurt, so she either pissed someone off royally to where they're keeping her on ice like Neville, or she's hurt.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess, she's coming back this weekend or this upcoming week. I think there was some disappointment from her on how the title situation played out, she needed to cool off and they gave her the time to do so because she's clearly under contract and they can be petty about the clock on that if need be. So if they were letting her recharge, they were waiting for a story or time where it made sense to bring her back and we're there. I'd be very surprised if we're at a major stalemate between the company and the talent in question. The big feature of the video game this year is the women's revolution so you're playing the big moments that were part of that...and she's prominently featured in that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    My guess, she's coming back this weekend or this upcoming week. I think there was some disappointment from her on how the title situation played out, she needed to cool off and they gave her the time to do so because she's clearly under contract and they can be petty about the clock on that if need be. So if they were letting her recharge, they were waiting for a story or time where it made sense to bring her back and we're there. I'd be very surprised if we're at a major stalemate between the company and the talent in question. The big feature of the video game this year is the women's revolution so you're playing the big moments that were part of that...and she's prominently featured in that.
    5 months just seems like an extremely long time BUT then I think of Dolph Ziggler for example who was gone for about 3-5 months and he's been heavily featured. So maybe that's all this is. Let her heal up, rest, recharge, then come back stronger than ever.

Also, side bar....Where's Lacey Evans been?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably back in Florida so she can remember how to not suck. Lord, she was so good going into her debut... but then she debuted and her matches were sloppy and the drizzles.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    She was completely over her head. I also don't understand why Becky feuded with her after Mania. I completely don't understand why they had her KO after Mania. It's like Austin getting linked by XPoc after WM 14.

Side not I think Bayley/Ember will be the best women's match at SummerSlam.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    She was completely over her head. I also don't understand why Becky feuded with her after Mania. I completely don't understand why they had her KO Becky after Mania. It's like Austin getting punked by XPoc after WM 14.

Side not I think Bayley/Ember will be the best women's match at SummerSlam.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even thought Bliss does get allot of title shots, I don't mind that she & Cross are tag champs. I like the pairing, and Bliss is better utilized in the tag division due to her limitations in the ring. I just wish they had booked it differently. The Kabuki Warriors earned a title shot, but somehow ended up in a 4-Way. I don't remember hearing an explanaition as to why, but I've taken to fast forwarding through segments I don't care about, so it's possible I missed that announcement. I do remember that awkward segment with Mandy and Sonya talking about wrestling the IIconics for a title shot, so at least their involvement was explained.

As far as Sasha goes, last I heard she and Vince had a talk and sorted everything out. That was months ago, so they're probably just waiting for the right time to bring her back.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 4 way match was actually entertaining, and the IIconics actually showed out and had a nice opening to the match. Not really their fault that their reign was directionless. They'll definitely get the titles back one day. The division has four entertaining teams. They need to just have Carmella and Naomi regroup to be Fabulous Glow so they have a fifth team.

I buy Bliss/Cross as a tag team, especially because Cross can do most of the work and hide Alexa's shortcomings in the ring. That being said, they weren't exactly my number one pick to win the titles. Totally not believable that Bliss takes Kairi out with a punch, though, and cleanly pins her. The Kabuki Warriors have a match against Bliss/Cross for the titles on Monday. I'm kind of hoping that if Bliss/Cross wins, they do it by cheating. Bliss is still a heel, and she has no business going over Kairi, or especially Asuka cleanly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was kind of ridiculous how Kairi got beat. I've never been sold on Bliss's knockout punch/elbow. If it's so lethal, why doesn't she use it at the beginning of the match and end it quickly. They never have her attempt to use it multiple times, only for her opponent to duck or block it. She just uses it when it's time to win the match. I get why they came up with it. It's supposed to be a move that can take out anyone regardless of their size, but it comes across more like a cheap tactic because Bliss winning matches any other way isn't believable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Alexa Bliss is one of the top5 wrestlers in WWE. She's too small but her ring psyche is off the charts. She's completely original.
    And isn't she still a rookie?

Also, her character has a conscience. I don't think she'll ever be a real heel. She's too small.
    Kairi Sane is the latest to shun her handshake...
    Last edited by corinoismybestfriend; August 10th, 2019 at 2:35 PM.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like Alexa as much as the next guy, but top 5?

I certainly don't think she classifies as a rookie.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corinoismybestfriend View Post
    Alexa Bliss is one of the top5 wrestlers in WWE. She's too small but her ring psyche is off the charts. She's completely original.
    And isn't she still a rookie?

Also, her character has a conscience. I don't think she'll ever be a real heel. She's too small.
    Kairi Sane is the latest to shun her handshake...
    I'm a Bliss defender. But she's no rook. She started in NXT before any of the horsewomen.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Bliss defender. But she's no rook. She started in NXT before any of the horsewomen.
    Yeah, that’s not true. Charlotte and Sasha started NXT in 2012, while Bayley joined NXT in spring of 2013. Becky and Alexa both had summer 2013 debuts in NXT. Sasha, Bayley, and Sasha all had indie careers before NXT, too. Charlotte and Bliss I believe are homegrown talents.

But yeah, Bliss is no rookie either. That’s a weird assertion lol.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but Io Shirai is the best thing in WWE. She and Candice put on a hell of a match tonight. I have never been a fan of Candice until Io turned heel on her, and tonight Candice really stepped up her game. Mia and Shayna was also a great match, but Io and Candice showed them up.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that’s not true. Charlotte and Sasha started NXT in 2012, while Bayley joined NXT in spring of 2013. Becky and Alexa both had summer 2013 debuts in NXT. Sasha, Bayley, and Sasha all had indie careers before NXT, too. Charlotte and Bliss I believe are homegrown talents.

But yeah, Bliss is no rookie either. That’s a weird assertion lol.
    I was completely sure I had read that she signed before any of them. She was just always in the back of the class. But yeah you're right.

God remember Sparkle Glitter Bliss?

That fucking suuuuuucked.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was completely sure I had read that she signed before any of them. She was just always in the back of the class. But yeah you're right.

Haha, omg Sparkle Glitter Bliss hahaha! That was not great at all.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you referring to this?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stuff was... yeah, it was not the best. But at least she was quick to see it wasn't working, and then she came back thick. Thick . It's crazy how her heel persona took off and she started lapping most of the female roster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    That stuff was... yeah, it was not the best. But at least she was quick to see it wasn't working, and then she came back thick. Thick . It's crazy how her heel persona took off and she started lapping most of the female roster.
    Blake, Murphy and Bliss had one hell of a heel act going for a while. I still maintain it would have gotten over on the main roster.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should’ve pulled the trigger on Bliss/Strowman. Money couple.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia Fox got sent home again. She was allegedly a "drunken mess" over SummerSlam weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blake, Murphy and Bliss had one hell of a heel act going for a while. I still maintain it would have gotten over on the main roster.
    It would have gotten over simply because of Alexa Bliss. Blake and Murphy were boring, medicore wrestlers-even to this day. But Alexa was the must-see item of the group. She's basically Sunny if Sunny wrestled. The WWF tag-team division sucked in 1995, but if Sunny was part of the group, it was all that mattered.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia Fox got sent home again. She was allegedly a "drunken mess" over SummerSlam weekend.
    Lol how is she still employed?

On another note, loving Banks being back as a heel. Not sure Vince will reward her with the title, but there should at least be a long intense feud between her and Becky.

Some decent storylines right now. The slow burn Bliss/Cross feud, and you would imagine that Charlotte will beat Bayley very shortly.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have gotten over simply because of Alexa Bliss. Blake and Murphy were boring, medicore wrestlers-even to this day. But Alexa was the must-see item of the group. She's basically Sunny if Sunny wrestled. The WWF tag-team division sucked in 1995, but if Sunny was part of the group, it was all that mattered.
    They were great. They did a lot of old fashioned heel tag team stuff and I loved it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia why you this way?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia why you this way?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were great. They did a lot of old fashioned heel tag team stuff and I loved it.
    I always thought Blake and Murphy looked like the offspring of Triple H 1998 and Paul Birchill

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought Blake and Murphy looked like the offspring of Triple H 1998 and Paul Birchill
    If you mushed them together they would look just like Paul Burchill.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very promising

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the NXT news, I think she is the future of the division, and I think it is obvious that she will be the one to take the belt off of Shayna finally. Matches between her and Io or new comer Kacy or Candice LeRae could be incredible.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding what's under that tag: So hyped. Agree with the points made.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read it but gonna make a general point without giving anything away. One of the huge plus points for NXT both US and UK is the talent available. The main roster talent would be ridiculous if even half of them got called up. It's the booking of the call-ups which leaves a lot to be desired (same for men really). The women's revolution for the main roster is/was good in theory, but still so many get left in the dust for the same old faces at the top of the division. Big example is Asuka, undefeated in NXT for about two years, but when called up was an afterthought after Charlotte ended her streak. Only so many times I can see Becky/Lacey and then Becky/Natalya which no disrespect to Natty but most and their grandmother knew Natty wasn't using.

Someone to be called up and merk the shit out of the likes of Becky, Bayley and Charlotte then actually win would dowonders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Mia Yimm, but she and Shayna could have had their NXT: Takeover match in an iron lung.

is cool. But I'd rather see Jinny and Jazzy Gabert come to American NXT.

Jazzy is one of those Futurama "snu-snu" Amazon chicks come to life and I love it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blake and Buddy Murphy are the kind of guys who would've been multiple time tag-team champions in like 2005. They'd have come highly recommended from somebody like Jim Cornette, fresh out of OVW, for their look and their whole package. A couple of dudes who can work and who look good? Yeah. Paul London and Brian Kendrick, get ready to get jobbed to them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murphy was always the best of the two and Blake was... just Blake.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking. Should Charlotte ditch the Ric Flair 2.0 gimmick and try something new? It feels like she's done everything she can with it and it's gotten stale. How many times can she come out and go through the same routine? Even if she wanted to drop it, I'm sure this is what Vince wants her to be. I remember when Charlotte came to the main roster, people were saying she never did any of the Ric Flair stuff in NXT.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Charlotte should win 24 women's championships before she changes the color of her next robe...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking. Should Charlotte ditch the Ric Flair 2.0 gimmick and try something new? It feels like she's done everything she can with it and it's gotten stale. How many times can she come out and go through the same routine? Even if she wanted to drop it, I'm sure this is what Vince wants her to be. I remember when Charlotte came to the main roster, people were saying she never did any of the Ric Flair stuff in NXT.
    Well it wasn't like they hid it but her gimmick in NXT was simply about her being physically superior to all the other women. They would really hype her strength, height and reach advantage and she would call herself "genetically superior."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it wasn't like they hid it but her gimmick in NXT was simply about her being physically superior to all the other women. They would really hype her strength, height and reach advantage and she would call herself "genetically superior."
    When Charlotte refers to herself as genetically superior, I thought she meant it was because she was the daughter of a legend, and she inherited her skills in the ring from from Ric. I didn't realize she literally meant her body, lol.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think a gimmick change would do Charlotte good. Fans like Ric too much, so her carrying on his legacy makes it hard to boo her. They love saying "Woo!" too much. She did cut ties with him years ago which helped get her heat, but then Ric ended up in the Hospital and she dedicated her title win to him. If Charlotte's going to be a good heel, she's going to need to cut ties completely. Ditch the robes, the music, and come up with a different move set.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Charlotte refers to herself as genetically superior, I thought she meant it was because she was the daughter of a legend, and she inherited her skills in the ring from from Ric. I didn't realize she literally meant her body, lol.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think a gimmick change would do Charlotte good. Fans like Ric too much, so her carrying on his legacy makes it hard to boo her. They love saying "Woo!" too much. She did cut ties with him years ago which helped get her heat, but then Ric ended up in the Hospital and she dedicated her title win to him. If Charlotte's going to be a good heel, she's going to need to cut ties completely. Ditch the robes, the music, and come up with a different move set.
    I have to disagree. She's already a good heel. People "wooing" is just something they do, they do it when a Flair isn't even in the company.

Who's a better heel than Charlotte on the main roster in terms of women? Not Sasha. They were in fucking Toronto and the crowd was chanting "Thank you Sasha" while she was beating the fuck out of Natalya who was about to speak on her deceased father.

Charlotte's top notch when it comes to heel work. I think the fact she uses some of her Dad's stuff helps get her negative heat because some fans look at it as her riding his coattails, both kayfabe and in a non-kayfabe way. So it really works better if she still does the little things like the strut and wooing because she does it in a snide way. Like haha I'm the daughter of Ric Flair I'm better than you all !

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think Charlotte needs to ditch the Flair stuff at all. Just like her dad inherited the gimmick from Buddy Rogers, it feels like she's inherited it from Ric and made it her own as 'The Queen'. And she gets heat just fine.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Charlotte needs to ditch the Flair stuff at all. Just like her dad inherited the gimmick from Buddy Rogers, it feels like she's inherited it from Ric and made it her own as 'The Queen'. And she gets heat just fine.
    Exactly! And if I remember correctly, Flair beat Rogers with the Figure 4 Leglock.

It could be worse....Charlotte could just be someone who stole all of Flair's shit like Jeff Jarrett.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! And if I remember correctly, Flair beat Rogers with the Figure 4 Leglock.

It could be worse....Charlotte could just be someone who stole all of Flair's shit like Jeff Jarrett.
    I never heard Ric sing or play guitar.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard Ric sing or play guitar.
    Then you haven't lived. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been so long I didn't remember Eddie wearing a durag.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel

He did. Although to be fair Jarrett got the strut from Jackie Fargo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post

He did. Although to be fair Jarrett got the strut from Jackie Fargo.
    Ah it is more like a Jackie Fargo strut.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a concise argument

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Flair gimmick itself isn’t the problem, it’s fine. In my mind though, Charlotte’s been like a number one hit song on the radio that gets overplayed way too much. WWE have bucketloads of talented women yet it’s always been the same lot at the top for years for all their revolution/evolution talk. It’s nice when others get a chance at the top for a change.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The Flair gimmick itself isn’t the problem, it’s fine. In my mind though, Charlotte’s been like a number one hit song on the radio that gets overplayed way too much. WWE have bucketloads of talented women yet it’s always been the same lot at the top for years for all their revolution/evolution talk. It’s nice when others get a chance at the top for a change.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they spread out her accomplishments. Her dad was a 16 time World champion, but it didn't happen within the first 5 years of his wrestling career. And while I 100% believe Charlotte Flair is in the top 2-3 in terms of the WWE (including NXT) in terms of what she can do in the ring and generating heat, I still don't think she needs to always be in the mix.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlotte's at a point where she can take time off and come back every few months. She's pretty much done everything she can even dream of at this point, and even if she was on a 3-4 match per year basis I'd be totally cool w/ that. Any time she showed up it would mean business is about to pick up.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Push Asuka again please. Ever since she lost to Charlotte then Carmellsworth over and over she was an afterthought until Kabuki Warriors. Even if she came up with the tag team name, their run has been a lot to be left desired. She was an arse-kicking machine but now she’s lost a lot of that mystique and she’s just a face in the crowd now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have never had her lose to Charlotte before Mania. DUMB.

I think Asuka and Kairi Sane are 2 of the best in the company, male or female, and deserve better than some thrown together bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlotte wrestled Bayley for the title in May and she already has another opportunity. That shows a lack of depth in the Women's Division due to their reluctance to push anyone else. Like I've said before, WWE only cares about the Women's Evolution when it suits them. Unless Ronda comes back, it's going to be more of this moving forward.

I'd love to see Bayley go at it again with Asuka as well as a first time match with Kairi. I'd even settle for a feud with Mandy and Sonya. There's 14 Women total on Smackdown and all they can do is go with Charlotte again?

It wouldn't be so bad if they spread out her accomplishments. Her dad was a 16 time World champion, but it didn't happen within the first 5 years of his wrestling career. And while I 100% believe Charlotte Flair is in the top 2-3 in terms of the WWE (including NXT) in terms of what she can do in the ring and generating heat, I still don't think she needs to always be in the mix.
    I think Charlotte would be in a better position if she hadn't been forced into the Becky/Ronda feud. She should have disappeared for a while after Becky beat her in the Last Woman Standing match, and done something different at 'Mania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlotte wrestled Bayley for the title in May and she already has another opportunity. That shows a lack of depth in the Women's Division due to their reluctance to push anyone else. Like I've said before, WWE only cares about the Women's Evolution when it suits them. Unless Ronda comes back, it's going to be more of this moving forward.

I'd love to see Bayley go at it again with Asuka as well as a first time match with Kairi. I'd even settle for a feud with Mandy and Sonya. There's 14 Women total on Smackdown and all they can do is go with Charlotte again?

I think Charlotte would be in a better position if she hadn't been forced into the Becky/Ronda feud. She should have disappeared for a while after Becky beat her in the Last Woman Standing match, and done something different at 'Mania.

They should have done Charlotte v. Asuka 3 at Mania. Charlotte won at Mania 34, Asuka and Charlotte go to a draw on Smackdown prior to Mania instead of Charlotte winning the belt, then the 3rd match goes down at Mania with Asuka going over. Then in the future, you can build off the fact they both only had 1 win a piece since the 2nd match was a draw.....But hey what do I know I've only been watching this shit for 30 years.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumour (and bear in mind this is only internet rumour), Asuka's lack of English-speaking skills could have had something with it.

Even with that and after her shit with Carmellsworth, the audience still loved Asuka when sne was being de-pushed. She could get over just by letting her actions doing the talking. She never needed to cut a promo to be effective. If she were to be pushed again now to kick the shit out of Becky, Charlotte, Bliss, Cross,Bayley etc the fans would fucking pop.

They lost sight of how Asuka was great in favour of their preferred options who had the right look. Asuka re-emerging right now, kicking arse and facing up to Bayley or Asuka would be tremendous. Shedoesn't need to speak much to get the message across and be over.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how much everyone else in management might like someone, you can't push a wrestler that Vince doesn't get.

And Vince doesn't get anyone who can't speak English.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have done Charlotte v. Asuka 3 at Mania. Charlotte won at Mania 34, Asuka and Charlotte go to a draw on Smackdown prior to Mania instead of Charlotte winning the belt, then the 3rd match goes down at Mania with Asuka going over. Then in the future, you can build off the fact they both only had 1 win a piece since the 2nd match was a draw.....But hey what do I know I've only been watching this shit for 30 years.
    This would have been so much better. I know something like this was being pitched by fans when it was clear they were going with Becky and Ronda. They could have done two big women's matches instead of only one.

Rumour (and bear in mind this is only internet rumour), Asuka's lack of English-speaking skills could have had something with it.

Even with that and after her shit with Carmellsworth, the audience still loved Asuka when sne was being de-pushed. She could get over just by letting her actions doing the talking. She never needed to cut a promo to be effective. If she were to be pushed again now to kick the shit out of Becky, Charlotte, Bliss, Cross,Bayley etc the fans would fucking pop.

They lost sight of how Asuka was great in favour of their preferred options who had the right look. Asuka re-emerging right now, kicking arse and facing up to Bayley or Asuka would be tremendous. Shedoesn't need to speak much to get the message across and be over.
    Everyone thought Asuka had been completely buried after the Carmellsworth feud, but she was still super over. She's someone you could insert in a title match any time and I'm sure the fans would treat it like a big deal.

No matter how much everyone else in management might like someone, you can't push a wrestler that Vince doesn't get.

And Vince doesn't get anyone who can't speak English.
    What's so strange is that Vince was apparently impressed by the pop Asuka got when all the women were called to ring so Becky could choose her replacement for Survivor Series. This led to her winning the title at TLC. If it wasn't for OverbookingMania, Asuka might have kept the belt.

I know this is WWE, but not everyone should need to have perfect English. There's always room for the strong silent types. Braun's been a man of few words for a while now. However, even when someone like Rusev made the effort to improve his English, he still got screwed over. By all accounts, Nakamura can speak English just fine, but we know how he's been booked. Maybe English isn't the problem. What if Asuka went blonde?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like they’re getting round the language barrier with Shinsuke by having Sami be his spokesperson. I don’t think he needs that but at least it’s something I guess that keeps both guys relevant.

Asuka seems to be a case of HHH/Vince seeing her differently. HHH saw the value of making her a bad-ass not having her talk much, but as soon as she got called up to the main roster, besides the language barrier she’s not got the look Vince goes for and just shoves to the side. Not completely off TV and they let her have the Kabuki warriors thing with Sane but she won’t be pushed to the forefront either. At the end, he saw her as a tool to put another notch on Charlotte’s bedpost of accomplishments which is a crying shame. There’s more holding Asuka back besides the language I think.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading about a possible beef between Banks and Bliss. Anyone know when these rumors started and what the cause might be?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm reading about a possible beef between Banks and Bliss. Anyone know when these rumors started and what the cause might be?
    I feel like that's from a few years back

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know within the last year Becky and Bliss had some back and forth where Becky talked about how injury prone Bliss is and Alexa was super offended.

Which begs the question....If it's said on twitter, is it considered kayfabe or not? Because we always hear that, "Oh he tweeted in character!" Well, is that what happened and Bliss didn't know the rules of pro wrestling twitter? Because half the time I have no clue if someone is being serious or not.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the tweet happened at the wrong time of the month.....

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know within the last year Becky and Bliss had some back and forth where Becky talked about how injury prone Bliss is and Alexa was super offended.

Which begs the question....If it's said on twitter, is it considered kayfabe or not? Because we always hear that, "Oh he tweeted in character!" Well, is that what happened and Bliss didn't know the rules of pro wrestling twitter? Because half the time I have no clue if someone is being serious or not.
    It seems to go back and forth with most of them.

Except for Becky who is always tweeting in character because she gets it.

Like anyone cares about your actual life.

You're a WRESTLER. You don't have problems and issues.

You have angles and matches.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the tweet happened at the wrong time of the month.....
    WOMEN AM I RITE?11

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of recent thoughts -

Is anyone else sour on Sasha's in-ring work lately? I am trying to figure out if I am just overly critical of her because her transition between spots is really really bad. She can sell pretty well, and her offense looks better than many of the ladies. I used to think Bayley was overrated in the ring, especially as she always seemed awkwardly trying to get into position to wait for someone else to hit a move on her. But Bayley seems to have gotten smoother in the ring, while Sasha seems clumsier than ever.

Is anyone else impressed with how they've used Carmella? I am intrigued as to where her story is going. Will she allow R-Truth to pin her, to protect the title from the midcard ladies? Or will Drake's wife pin her so she can consummate her marriage? Will Tamina finally get a title?

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that women's roster is not strong enough to thrive after the brand split / upcoming draft.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of recent thoughts -

Is anyone else sour on Sasha's in-ring work lately? I am trying to figure out if I am just overly critical of her because her transition between spots is really really bad. She can sell pretty well, and her offense looks better than many of the ladies. I used to think Bayley was overrated in the ring, especially as she always seemed awkwardly trying to get into position to wait for someone else to hit a move on her. But Bayley seems to have gotten smoother in the ring, while Sasha seems clumsier than ever.

Is anyone else impressed with how they've used Carmella? I am intrigued as to where her story is going. Will she allow R-Truth to pin her, to protect the title from the midcard ladies? Or will Drake's wife pin her so she can consummate her marriage? Will Tamina finally get a title?

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that women's roster is not strong enough to thrive after the brand split / upcoming draft.
    Sasha's always been kind of like Sabu.

The only time I was a fan of Carmella was her time with Enzo and Cass. She's a shit wrestler, can't talk, looks generic, she sucks.

I have faith in the women's division post draft.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the nature of the title, The IIconics are ideal for being the 24/7 champion.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally like the comparison of Sasha to Sabu in the ring, but while Sasha can talk a lot better, Sabu gave (and took) far more believable chair shots.

Carmella was much better when she was working with James Ellsworth than when she first appeared on the main roster. But because she was clearly not in the same league as Charlotte nor Asuka when it came to actual wrestling, she was exposed for not being ready. But she "gets it" more than most of the women on the roster - her role is to be an entertaining part of the show. She recognized the ability to connect with the crowd that Ellworth had, and that R-Truth had, and she herself pitched working with them. And she improved while working with them - reinventing herself along the way, but importantly for her, getting screen time. There's little question that the stuff she has done with Truth has been her best work, and it is unfair to suggest that it's been completely because of Truth. She deserves some credit for finding and knowing her role. She also has been used in the ring to help elevate her opponents (Nikki Cross) - and while they haven't been 5 star matches, you make it seem as though she's as bad as Lana in the ring. She's measurably better than Candice LaRae, Dana Brooke, Liv and Mandy, Maria Kanellis, Sara Logan, Sonya Deville, and Zelina Vega.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally like the comparison of Sasha to Sabu in the ring, but while Sasha can talk a lot better, Sabu gave (and took) far more believable chair shots.

Carmella was much better when she was working with James Ellsworth than when she first appeared on the main roster. But because she was clearly not in the same league as Charlotte nor Asuka when it came to actual wrestling, she was exposed for not being ready. But she "gets it" more than most of the women on the roster - her role is to be an entertaining part of the show. She recognized the ability to connect with the crowd that Ellworth had, and that R-Truth had, and she herself pitched working with them. And she improved while working with them - reinventing herself along the way, but importantly for her, getting screen time. There's little question that the stuff she has done with Truth has been her best work, and it is unfair to suggest that it's been completely because of Truth. She deserves some credit for finding and knowing her role. She also has been used in the ring to help elevate her opponents (Nikki Cross) - and while they haven't been 5 star matches, you make it seem as though she's as bad as Lana in the ring. She's measurably better than Candice LaRae, Dana Brooke, Liv and Mandy, Maria Kanellis, Sara Logan, Sonya Deville, and Zelina Vega.
    Buddy. I don't hate Carmella one bit. But she is in no sane world a better wrestler than Candice LaRae. I would also aruge that she isn't as solid as Dana, Sarah, or Sonya, either. Again, I don't think she's absolute shit in the ring, but calling her better than Candice is laughable.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I debated on whether to include Candice, and only included her because Carmella "gets it" more than what I've seen of Candice. Carmella at least has a character and she has evolved some over the years on the main roster. I rarely watch NXT, and Candice's appearances on the main roster have not been all that impressive.

I was mostly responding to ND saying she's a shit wrestler who can't talk, looks generic, and sucks.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I debated on whether to include Candice, and only included her because Carmella "gets it" more than what I've seen of Candice. Carmella at least has a character and she has evolved some over the years on the main roster. I rarely watch NXT, and Candice's appearances on the main roster have not been all that impressive.

I was mostly responding to ND saying she's a shit wrestler who can't talk, looks generic, and sucks.
    That's legit. If you haven't watched Io vs Candice from a few weeks ago from Summerslam weekend, do. It will totally change your mind about Candice.

As for Carmella, she definitely gets the entertainment aspect. She's nothing special on the mic. As for in-ring work, she'd be golden in the true divas era, but as for now she's surrounded by far better in-ring talents, which I personally would include Candice, Dana, Sarah, and Sonya on that list, as well. She's definitely not as bad as some make her out to be, but she's not great.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What appearances outside of the Royal Rumble has Candice had?

Carmella is a shit wrestler, she does look generic, her promos are weakkkkkkk, and overall she sucks. You can rattle off a list of names you feel she's better than and honestly most of the names fucking suck too and fit right in that category. Literally anyone, including that Izzy kid who used to dress like Bailey, could do what Carmella has done.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, I'm confused. Do people here really think that Candice LeRae and even Sonya suck? I understand not getting behind Dana, and I guess if you didn't follow Sarah Logan on the indies, I get that, too. It's not like she's had a great MR run so far. But even when I was lukewarm on Candice, I knew she was immensely talented.

Also, Nash: Izzy is training to be a wrestler so she literally could do what Carmella has done so far

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, I'm confused. Do people here really think that Candice LeRae and even Sonya suck? I understand not getting behind Dana, and I guess if you didn't follow Sarah Logan on the indies, I get that, too. It's not like she's had a great MR run so far. But even when I was lukewarm on Candice, I knew she was immensely talented.

Also, Nash: Izzy is training to be a wrestler so she literally could do what Carmella has done so far
    Oh yeah man I follow that kid on Instagram so I'm seeing her do her thing. Shit she's even doing some BJJ snapping dudes arms and shit, it's fun to watch lol.

Dude said Carmella is "measurably better" than Candice and the rest of the women he listed. Then he said he doesn't really watch NXT and talked about Candice's appearances on the main roster being lackluster, which to my knowledge-which sucks-was just this year's Royal Rumble, right?

I respect being a fan of someone because they like the character and maybe that's what he's sticking to, that her CHARACTER work is better....but she's basic as fuck. It's not an opinion I share especially if people are watching Candice on the regular and not judging her based on getting eliminated in a battler oyal.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    LeRae has the ability to be a female Daniel Bryan.

I love Carmella, but to say she's better in the ring than LeRae is insane. Her character work is great, but her in ring is sub par at best.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella has had the benefit of working alongside people who could work with any other female and make it happen. When she was with Enzo and Cass, Ellsworth, now R-Truth, those 3 acts were/are great and you could have literally pulled off everything we've seen because it's 90% the guy she's with. Carmella on her own....Like recently when she came out for some odd reason to save Charlotte Flair, zero crowd response. Had she ran out with R-Truth, the place would have been going crazy. Everyone loves Truth.

It's easy to hide massive flaws in your game when your partner(s) are bringing everything else to the table. You put James Ellsworth with any female on the roster and that shit would have worked because Ellsworth was such a great character. I miss that guy.