Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intergender Wrestling in WWE

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intergender Wrestling in WWE

Alright, so they've been teasing bringing back intergender wrestling for awhile now with the Mixed Match Challenge, Becky Lynch challenging John Cena, and a bunch of other hints. Last night they dove in with Nia entering the Rumble and actually taking offense from men.

Last night seemed like a test and as far as I can tell they passed. The crowd popped big for it and there doesn't seem to be any big pushback on social media. If there's no complaints from sponsors I would think they'd keep going.

So what do we think? Good idea or bad idea to bring back intergender wrestling? What about the execution of Nia entering the match last night? What would be some good intergender matches?

I think it's a good idea if it isn't going to cost them sponsors. It would be fresh and different, their women are bigger stars than their men right now. I think their product needs a shot in the arm right now and some big intergender matches could be it. John Cena vs. Ronda Rousey is something that would get mainstream attention. Not just mainstream sports attention, actual mainstream news coverage. If Ronda is gone after Wrestlemania as rumored I think you just sub Becky or Charlotte into her spot. Becky is hotter right now but Charlotte might be more promotable to the mainstream due to the Flair name.

So as far as I'm concerned go for it. Might be right to wait for next Wrestlemania to really make it huge. This year Wrestlemania can be headlined by a women's match for the first time ever, next year it can be headlined by an intergender match.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing ever. This is the future of wrestling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a horrible idea. Are we really expected to believe Becky Lynch can beat John Cena? People have a hard time believing Balor can hang with Brock for goodness sake's. Just reading the comments Alvarez's twitter, most people did not seem into Nia Jax taking offense from the men.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they want true evolution, then men and women should be equals and I'm ok with men fighting women, as long as they are both legitimate competitors and not something like Triple H and Austin beating down Lita with a kendo stick.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa Bliss vs Drew McIntyre. Money written all over it.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I think it's a horrible idea. Are we really expected to believe Becky Lynch can beat John Cena? People have a hard time believing Balor can hang with Brock for goodness sake's. Just reading the comments Alvarez's twitter, most people did not seem into Nia Jax taking offense from the men.
    Becky Lynch can beat John Cena. Why do you believe she can’t?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    If you are asking me to be realistic, I will give you a few reasons. He is stronger, bigger, quicker just to name a few reasons. At least with Balor vs Brock, we can believe that Balor has more stamina and is faster than Brock.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking King of Trolling, here we go....

Just because some scrawny ginger girl whipped your pitiful ass doesn't mean even in the realm of pro wrestling we should truly buy into something as absurd as Becky fucking Lynch beating John Cena.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Just because some scrawny ginger girl whipped your pitiful ass doesn't mean even in the realm of pro wrestling we should truly buy into something as absurd as Becky fucking Lynch beating John Cena.
    I can't wait for us to be called sexists. This really is a ridiculous conversation. If WWE wants to be lucha underground then fine but if they are trying to have some reality to their stories then they surely won't be able to get away with this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But wait...what if they got in the ring and it turned out that wasn't true? What if it turned out Becky was quicker? Or smarter, or had better technique? What if Cena took her lightly? Or if he was hesitant about competing against a woman? What if Becky was more ruthless than Cena and broke the rules to gain an advantage?

These all seem like interesting story threads we could explore in a match. And the great thing is it's predetermined, so we can make the story whatever we want it to be.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's be great, as long as it's done right and not something we'd see every week. It would need to happen every once in a while.

Opens the doors to a lot of possibilities.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    But wait...what if they got in the ring and it turned out that wasn't true? What if it turned out Becky was quicker? Or smarter, or had better technique? What if Cena took her lightly? Or if he was hesitant about competing against a woman? What if Becky was more ruthless than Cena and broke the rules to gain an advantage?

These all seem like interesting story threads we could explore in a match. And the great thing is it's predetermined, so we can make the story whatever we want it to be.
    Well considering that John Cena is being labeled as the best of all time, are we really to believe that all that to be true? This is the guy that had battles in iron man matches, hell in a cell, won money in the bank, won multiple royal rumbles. But we are to believe that someone that lost clean to Asuka and Mandy Rose in the past is able to beat one of the best of all time because she is smarter and has better technique all of a sudden? Again, if they want to be lucha underground then fine.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I thought Nia's involvement in the men's Rumble last night was great. People were really into it. I could see this kind of thing working every once in a while. The first hints were actually at Mania last year when Rousey was beating on Trips. But I'll need a lot of convincing for this to be a more regular thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the idea is that because in this rare as fuck moment in time 1 woman is more over than almost everyone on the roster=women should start fighting men, then please get your heads out of your asses lol.

You know, back in 1997-1998-even 1999, I always wondered why Sable wasn't WWF champion beating up Undertaker, Mankind, Stone Cold, HBK, Bret, the list goes on. She was arguably the most popular talent on the roster, a for sure top tier draw that shaped the Attitude Era and saved the industry. Why was only beating Marvelous Marc Mero?

Probably because Mero was a jabroni lol. Why do you think Becky and Asuka were having matches against James Ellsworth and not AJ Styles and Randy Orton?

And yeah, for a Rumble spot, it's fine. Beth Phoenix eliminated Khali got a great pop, so did her taking the GTS, she wasn't going over Punk the next ppv lol.

Bagel
    Agree, Ringo. Don't have these interactions constantly, but if it can be done right then maybe something more down the road. Use it enough and some girl is going to deliver a piledriver to her little brother, leaving him paralyzed and the parent(s) blaming WWE.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe we can get Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sarah Logan for the US title at WrestleMania?!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Agree, Ringo. Don't have these interactions constantly, but if it can be done right then maybe something more down the road. Use it enough and some girl is going to deliver a piledriver to her little brother, leaving him paralyzed and the parent(s) blaming WWE.
    Which already happens so why not say fuck it and have more of these scenarios? lol.

It's a wonderful world we live in. On one hand we're trying to teach men not to physically attack women, that violence is not the answer, and that "boys will be boys" is the new saying that will get you blasted by a bald headed pansexual elephant on twitter.

But here we have people like Cewsh, who are the first ones to rise up against men on women violence, yet he's advocating it in the realm of pro wrestling which is far more influential than given credit for.

I can't wait for my 17 year old son to jacknife powerbomb my 7 year old daughter.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well considering that John Cena is being labeled as the best of all time, are we really to believe that all that to be true? This is the guy that had battles in iron man matches, hell in a cell, won money in the bank, won multiple royal rumbles. But we are to believe that someone that lost clean to Asuka and Mandy Rose in the past is able to beat one of the best of all time because she is smarter and has better technique all of a sudden? Again, if they want to be lucha underground then fine.
    Yea I don't buy this either. I could see something like Rhonda vs John Cena being believable as she has UFC experience and had a lot of success there, but as you just said after Becky lost clean to Asuka last night (tapping out, can't even say it was some cheap pinfall or something) how can we take seriously that she can beat John Cena?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are asking me to be realistic, I will give you a few reasons. He is stronger, bigger, quicker just to name a few reasons. At least with Balor vs Brock, we can believe that Balor has more stamina and is faster than Brock.

Why does this always seem to be such a sticking point for people? John Cena might beat Becky and that’s fine. But the idea that she couldn’t be credible against him or anyone else is entirely in your own head. In professional wrestling and WWE in particular, they have taken great pains to make you think that anyone has a chance on the right day. But the outright denial that this could even be considered on any level is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know if Braun Strowman entered the women's rumble and laid waste to everyone the world would be crying how cruel it is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can we take seriously that she'd beat Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania? Because that's probably going to happen.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also this is not a game of “Could ____ best John Cena credibly?”

That’s not how this works. The question is, “Should women be presented as credible threats against men in general?”. Any answer but a resounding yes to that is extremely hard for me to wrap my head around.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You know if Braun Strowman entered the women's rumble and laid waste to everyone the world would be crying how cruel it is.
    Probably. Because women are kept separate and it wouldn’t be seen as him beating equals. It should be and it can be.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    As I said, I'll need some convincing on the intergender matches issue but some of the arguments in here don't work.

How are we supposed to believe that Balor could win Brock when he lost to whoever and Brock destroyed Strowman and Reigns in 5 minutes? etc. I don't think gender's the issue there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does this always seem to be such a sticking point for people? John Cena might beat Becky and that’s fine. But the idea that she couldn’t be credible against him or anyone else is entirely in your own head. In professional wrestling and WWE in particular, they have taken great pains to make you think that anyone has a chance on the right day. But the outright denial that this could even be considered on any level is ridiculous.
    I can just see the outcry right now seeing John Cena making Becky tap out to the STF. They are going down a dangerous if they even consider doing this type of match.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
    Yea I don't buy this either. I could see something like Rhonda vs John Cena being believable as she has UFC experience and had a lot of success there, but as you just said after Becky lost clean to Asuka last night (tapping out, can't even say it was some cheap pinfall or something) how can we take seriously that she can beat John Cena?
    Have Asuka tap out John Cena. That seems like it’d make things even.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    How can we take seriously that she'd beat Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania? Because that's probably going to happen.
    Well because they have booked Rousey as equal to most of the women on the roster. She squeaked by Sasha Banks and Becky will be the underdog going in. Are you really comparing that to Becky vs Cena? Serious question because that is not a smart idea.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there an outcry over Nia last night? Not trolling, being serious. They were clearly testing it last night and it doesn't seem like it caused controversy.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can just see the outcry right now seeing John Cena making Becky tap out to the STF. They are going down a dangerous if they even consider doing this type of match.
    What outcry? What dangerous road? If you portray these people on television as equals and mutually magnificent athletes then the whole wretched stigma you seem obsessed with goes away entirely.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not sure if many of the women would be comfortable wrestling men, what happens if a man gets all touchy feely?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well because they have booked Rousey as equal to most of the women on the roster. She squeaked by Sasha Banks and Becky will be the underdog going in. Are you really comparing that to Becky vs Cena? Serious question because that is not a smart idea.
    Well now you’ve hit an odd note. Because Ronda Rousey would absolutely destroy John Cena in a real fight, but somehow Cena is the one that Becky would have no chance with?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no time for it beyond being able to mix it up on occasion on mixed tags. I don't want to see Roger Federer play against Serena Williams either. Men and women have different skillsets, that clash better against fellow men and women.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I have no time for it beyond being able to mix it up on occasion on mixed tags. I don't want to see Roger Federer play against Serena Williams either. Men and women have different skillsets, that clash better against fellow men and women.
    What skillssets are those, exactly??

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck, man.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be fine if it was pure "wrestling" the problems tend to come from if striking is involved, that would lead to the backlash.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you put Becky in a match against somebody like The Big Show?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What outcry? What dangerous road? If you portray these people on television as equals and mutually magnificent athletes then the whole wretched stigma you seem obsessed with goes away entirely.
    because the WWE can eliminate a stigma that's implanted in society's head for how long? People are taught that men should not hit women for a reason bud. Men are naturally bigger, stronger, faster. Obviously there may be a couple exceptions to the rule like Nia Jax vs Mysterio but I would take Mysterio in that fight all day long by a mile.

Bagel
    The Nia Jax thing was carefully done and I think had the right guys in place to make it a scenario that worked. It's about timing and placement of these things. It won't ever happen where - in using Finn vs. Lesnar as comparison - we're gonna get Bliss vs. Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane etc.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck, man.
    Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I think it would be fine if it was pure "wrestling" the problems tend to come from if striking is involved, that would lead to the backlash.
    If the women are treated as tough and giving as good as they give, why would there be backlash? This in no way reflects anything about domestic abuse or anything like that. The degree to which this “don’t hit women” thing is baked into the very core of some people is fascinating.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes?

If the women are treated as tough and giving as good as they give, why would there be backlash? This in no way reflects anything about domestic abuse or anything like that. The degree to which this “don’t hit women” thing is baked into the very core of some people is fascinating.
    Why is it fascinating?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Nia Jax is also despised for being sloppy and hurting the other girls and being fat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes?

what is the line you are drawing here? Becky Lynch, Nia Jax, Asuka, Charlotte and Rousey? Or are you saying Carmella vs Lashley and Bliss vs Rollins is fine.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you seriously asking what skill sets? Do you want to see Lebron James going up against WNBA players?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfanatic View Post
    Would you put Becky in a match against somebody like The Big Show?
    Sure. And then Big Show would win because he is very big. Like he does with every wrestler that much smaller than him.

because the WWE can eliminate a stigma that's implanted in society's head for how long? People are taught that men should not hit women for a reason bud. Men are naturally bigger, stronger, faster. Obviously there may be a couple exceptions to the rule like Nia Jax vs Mysterio but I would take Mysterio in that fight all day long by a mile.
    Okay? But here’s the thing. Wrestling isn’t real. Your insistence that women cannot be credible because of some weird eugenics argument about the physical superiority of men as a gender ignores what wrestling is. They choose who looks credible and who doesn’t, they choose how the interactions go and who wins. Will Becky Lynch beat John Cena or Brock Lesnar or some other behemoth? Maybe not. But those guys are the minority. Are you really saying that Becky couldn’t credibly wrestle The Miz?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes?

You really are one stupid motherfucker lol.

You don't think there's something wrong with promoting violence between men and women like you're suggesting?

Cewsh, imagine if your wife and I were in a heated discussion and she slapped me and my reaction was to pick her up by the throat, slam her to the concrete, then curb stomp her because that's what I saw on Raw? Is that how you handle shit at your house when she doesn't do what you want, you just say "Hey equality!" and lay her out with a steel chair? lol.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you seriously asking what skill sets? Do you want to see Lebron James going up against WNBA players?
    Sure. I imagine he’d dominate them like he does everyone else.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did like how it took two superstars to pick up Nia to throw her over the top.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't think there's something wrong with promoting violence between men and women like you're suggesting?

Cewsh, imagine if your wife and I were in a heated discussion and she slapped me and my reaction was to pick her up by the throat, slam her to the concrete, then curb stomp her because that's what I saw on Raw? Is that how you handle shit at your house when she doesn't do what you want, you just say "Hey equality!" and lay her out with a steel chair? lol.
    Couple things.

1. Why are you bringing up my family at all? Please refrain from doing that.

2. The scenario you laid out has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how Nia Jax who's 6' and weighs about 300lbs. being in the mix at Rumble throwing out cruiserweights warrants this discussion lol. For fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    How would that be any different to if it was Cewsh's husband? That would be a disgusting and criminal response regardless of their gender

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you want to see this though? In sports, men and women are separated for a reason. You know this right?

Now if you want to argue that the WWE go the silly route and throw all realism out the window then fine. But then you go in the man on woman violence which is another obstacle all together. It's a no win situation. Your men wrestlers lose cred or you have an outcry after you read a story for a 15 year old boy knocking out a girl in high school because WWE said it's ok.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am fine with the intergender matches. People need to get over a girl can't beat a boy. Sasha could beat most of the 205 guys plus half of the roster. Bayley/Finn is a jilted lover feud would be amazing. Asuka vs AJ is already being teased. Brock/Rhonda were someone has to do the job would cause the universe to implode. Also, Becky can take Cena, because he seems to get hurt walking to his car nowadays.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple things.

1. Why are you bringing up my family at all? Please refrain from doing that.

2. The scenario you laid out has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling.
    The scenario I laid out has to do with the result of promoting what you're suggesting.

I'll be honest Cewsh, had no clue if you really had a wife or not but it's an example to show you that if someone hit close to home maybe you'd think twice about your opinion on why this isn't exactly your smartest suggestion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think it's wrong when girls compete against boys in amateur wrestling? Or football, or other sports? It's not that uncommon. And unlike WWE those contests are actually real.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nothing to do with domestic abuse. Rightly or wrongly people generally are not comfortable with men punching women be it in real life or in scripted TV/movies. That's where your backlash will come from.

That's not my opinion or anything, that's just how it is. It will draw heat and not the good kind. There is a fine line to be drawn between a "sporting contest" and a "fight".

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it fascinating?
    Because it’s based in the concept of chivalry and is meant to guilt people into not committing domestic abuse. But instead, people abuse their spouses anyone and have transform the idea of not hitting women or competing with them into a way to keep them separated away from the real opportunities.

It’s presented as a way for a good man to be kind to women, but it holds women down.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    why do you want to see this though? In sports, men and women are separated for a reason. You know this right?

Now if you want to argue that the WWE go the silly route and throw all realism out the window then fine. But then you go in the man on woman violence which is another obstacle all together. It's a no win situation. Your men wrestlers lose cred or you have an outcry after you read a story for a 15 year old boy knocking out a girl in high school because WWE said it's ok.
    I love how everyone forgets that Attitude Era had like ten intergender matches and no high school boy assaulted a girl over it. If boys are doing that to girls, you might want to look at the guy in the White House who said it was ok to grab them by the pussy and his youth followers get Today show spots for being dicks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    How would that be any different to if it was Cewsh's husband? That would be a disgusting and criminal response regardless of their gender
    lol, Ringo you are the biggest joke next to Cewsh around this place so please carry on with your literal responses. "It'd be disgusting and criminal regardless of their gender!"

I'm so glad this fad of being a feminist is rotting the western world.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Sidenote: Remember this?

Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager". The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park, after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun". Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I love how everyone forgets that Attitude Era had like ten intergender matches and no high school boy assaulted a girl over it. If boys are doing that to girls, you might want to look at the guy in the White House who said it was ok to grab them by the pussy and his youth followers get Today show spots for being dicks.
    What proof do you have to say wrestling didn't influence violence against women at the hands of a man?
    @Ringo would probably call the cops over this so he should have some insight of any type of violence among people in general regardless of their gender.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scenario I laid out has to do with the result of promoting what you're suggesting.

I'll be honest Cewsh, had no clue if you really had a wife or not but it's an example to show you that if someone hit close to home maybe you'd think twice about your opinion on why this isn't exactly your smartest suggestion.
    You either don’t understand what I’m saying or are being deliberately obtuse. This idea of “you can’t hit a woman” should not be the only thing preventing you from assaulting random women on the street.

Its nothing to do with domestic abuse. Rightly or wrongly people generally are not comfortable with men punching women be it in real life or in scripted TV/movies. That's where your backlash will come from.

That's not my opinion or anything, that's just how it is. It will draw heat and not the good kind. There is a fine line to be drawn between a "sporting contest" and a "fight".
    And where does “pretend fight between equals” factor into that. Can you point to a time in tv and movies where that was presented and there was an outcry?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it’s based in the concept of chivalry and is meant to guilt people into not committing domestic abuse. But instead, people abuse their spouses anyone and have transform the idea of not hitting women or competing with them into a way to keep them separated away from the real opportunities.

It’s presented as a way for a good man to be kind to women, but it holds women down.
    You are a disgrace.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, Ringo you are the biggest joke next to Cewsh around this place so please carry on with your literal responses. "It'd be disgusting and criminal regardless of their gender!"

I'm so glad this fad of being a feminist is rotting the western world.

Stop with the personal insults.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop with the personal insults.
    Ok then I'll just be condescending like you and pretend by doing so I'm not personally insulting people.

You're still a disgrace and you need to flex some mod powers over it I'd suggest you stop advocating it's ok for men and women to assault each other.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a disgrace.
    Can’t imagine how you thinking that about me is anything but evidence that I’m on the right track.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell do you mean to guilt people into it? A lot of people feel really strongly about it because of a lot of factors, but I wouldn't say guilt is one of those. A lot of people feel so strongly about it because of personal experiences or the simple fact that they would never consider doing something like that. It has nothing to do with guilt.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then I'll just be condescending like you and pretend by doing so I'm not personally insulting people.

You're still a disgrace and you need to flex some mod powers over it I'd suggest you stop advocating it's ok for men and women to assault each other.
    I absolutely am not advocating for that, and it’s baffling that you have taken that from my posts.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell do you mean to guilt people into it? A lot of people feel really strongly about it because of a lot of factors, but I wouldn't say guilt is one of those. A lot of people feel so strongly about it because of personal experiences or the simple fact that they would never consider doing something like that. It has nothing to do with guilt.
    It has a great deal to do with social guilt. But beyond that, you are getting wrapped up in the idea that I’m saying that hitting women is something that is totally cool to do. Hitting ANYONE outside of a sporting contest is not okay, and that should be obvious. But in the context of a staged fight between trained athletes, why are you holding it to that same standard?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty soon WWE will stand for World Women's Entertainment.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And where does “pretend fight between equals” factor into that. Can you point to a time in tv and movies where that was presented and there was an outcry?
    It doesn't factor into it because that wont be the angle the press take.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you are living in a dream world if you think the press are going to go with the "fight between equals by progressive sports entertainment company empowers women" angle rather than the "carny rasslin' company beats up women for entertainment purposes" line of thinking.

There are instances where it can work well, I didn't think last night was bad, Nia Jax started it, she got wrestling moves done on her and was thrown out, Rousey on HHH is fun too because she just dominated him, Becky on Ellsworth was fine too, as a one off instance its OK, but when building an angle where "violence" is used or building a big match where blows are traded you will run into trouble.

I generally agree with what you are saying here but it doesn't matter what we think, the press would shit all over it.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't factor into it because that wont be the angle the press take.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but you are living in a dream world if you think the press are going to go with the "fight between equals by progressive sports entertainment company empowers women" angle rather than the "carny rasslin' company beats up women for entertainment purposes" line of thinking.

There are instances where it can work well, I didn't think last night was bad, Nia Jax started it, she got wrestling moves done on her and was thrown out, Rousey on HHH is fun too because she just dominated him, Becky on Ellsworth was fine too, as a one off instance its OK, but when building an angle where "violence" is used or building a big match where blows are traded you will run into trouble.

I generally agree with what you are saying here but it doesn't matter what we think, the press would shit all over it.
    Do you recall that happening during the 30 odd years when these matches were commonplace?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Asuka tap out John Cena. That seems like it’d make things even.
    At this moment I dunno how anyone can say any women in the division can realistically beat John Cena other than Rhonda Rousey in a real unscripted fight. This isn't back years ago when we were supposed to believe the character could be invincible with social media and other factors now if Asuka really makes John Cena tap out a large group of social media users and kids will think that could be the norm now that Asuka can have that kind of power. I am not saying there aren't women out there that can beat men, but you don't want to give the idea that this is something that can be done in society all the time. These women are heavily trained for this kind of combat vs a non trained woman trying to take down someone three times the size of them.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're portrayed as equals and the matches are allowed to be competitive, I'm down for it. Like it's fucking wrestling, it's fake. Yeah, guys are bigger and stronger than the women. Braun Strowman is bigger and stronger than literally everyone else on the roster. Hell the weight difference between Cena and Bliss are pretty much the same as Cena vs Big Show and noone has trouble buying that. Then some of the bigger girls like Charlotte Flair are as closer to Finn Balor in weight as Finn to John. Plus, what kind of joyless motherfucker are you if you can't enjoy watching a tiny girl kick the ass of a guy who bumps for her?

Do you guys get annoyed when the red power ranger attacks a female monster too?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you recall that happening during the 30 odd years when these matches were commonplace?
    There was no social media then. Huge difference.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely am not advocating for that, and it’s baffling that you have taken that from my posts.
    You are completely scoffing at the idea that this wouldn't open up to more violence against women, especially kids. This isn't some fucked up outdated social construct where we're finding out women are consistently better than men at everything including physical sports. WWE is pro wrestling and no matter how badly they want to pretend they're like the movies to get more advertisers, they sure as fuck don't portray themselves the same. There is that line of reality they blur, the same way reality tv does, which has imo poisoned the world more than any biochemical terror attack.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were never "commonplace". Certainly not over 30 years, a bit in the Attitude era and the PTC were all over it.

I like your pipedream regarding this, it's a nice vision and one I am all for but the reality of it still needs to be taken into account.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lucha underground tried it and it did them no favors

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Nobody outside the wreslting sphere noticed when Lucha Underground did it because approximately nobody watched Lucha Underground. That's why it got cancelled three times.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    If they're portrayed as equals and the matches are allowed to be competitive, I'm down for it. Like it's fucking wrestling, it's fake. Yeah, guys are bigger and stronger than the women. Braun Strowman is bigger and stronger than literally everyone else on the roster. Hell the weight difference between Cena and Bliss are pretty much the same as Cena vs Big Show and noone has trouble buying that. Then some of the bigger girls like Charlotte Flair are as closer to Finn Balor in weight as Finn to John. Plus, what kind of joyless motherfucker are you if you can't enjoy watching a tiny girl kick the ass of a guy who bumps for her?

It doesn't matter what we as wrestling fans think though, that's the point. Generally we will not be the ones shitting on it.

Anyone who doesn't think there would be a sizable backlash, again rightly or wrongly, is kidding themselves.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember plenty of complaints when Rey Mysterio was WWE Champion the first time.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody outside the wreslting sphere noticed when Lucha Underground did it because approximately nobody watched Lucha Underground. That's why it got cancelled three times.
    Isn't that kind of his point though?

Nobody cared because nobody saw it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Exactly.

And for fuck's sake. The women JUST started getting credible for being women lol. Now, because of Nia fucking Jax and Becky Lynch being over=they are now in a place to battle men.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love how a Nia Jax appearance in a Rumble match is sparking a debate on if women could wrestle men. Go back 20 years when Chyna was in the Rumble. Did you all of a sudden see Jacqueline fighting The Rock, or Tori fighting Val Venis? No. It's more than likely a one time thing. The Mixed Match Challenge? The rules were women had to fight the women, the men had to fight the men. I didn't watch all of it but I'm pretty sure Finn Balor never Coupe de Graced Naomi.

Ronda and HHH well show me since were Ronda's roughed up a man. It was a spectacle match for WrestleMania. I highly doubt that this will lead to more men vs. women matches like there was a press release advocating it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres only a special handful of women that could make this work. Ronda and Charlotte being the two top ones. After that you get Nia, Becky, Asuka who def could hang with males. But after those 5 its slim pickings. Its like any sport imagine the top WNBA team going against the top NBA team just be a shut out. Or Brock Lesnar walking into a female ufc match identifying as a female lol.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way I don't think there will be intergender stuff, I think last night was a one off.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter what we as wrestling fans think though, that's the point. Generally we will not be the ones shitting on it.

Anyone who doesn't think there would be a sizable backlash, again rightly or wrongly, is kidding themselves.
    Right plus you also have to remember the main stream media now covers wrestling. ESPN, Fox, CBS, etc didn't cover wrestling back in the attitude era. I remember there even being an ESPN commercial on the topic of them not covering it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for someone advocating this nonsense has to explain to their daughter why it's ok for her brother to snap off a Coupe De Grace before bedtime because he saw Finn do it to Dana Brooke.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Balor is beating Brooke

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i mean it decreased most people's enjoyment of the product, as when they got into season 2 and beyond and started pushing the inter-gender stuff more heavily (it was always there, but they really started pushing it harder after a certain point) fewer wrestling fans watched (it had a very limited audience to begin with, but good buzz among hardcore wrestling fans) because many didn't enjoy that aspect of the product. there were other problems with the product as it went on too, too much over the top nonsense in the stories imo, but the intergender stuff played a significant role in its loss of buzz among hardcore fans.

i think it's a dumb idea for more artistic than "moral"/PR or "plausibility" reasons. man vs. woman matches will in general always be worse and less enjoyable than man vs. man or woman vs. woman matches. they will be worse and people will enjoy them less. now and again you can have a good gimmicky man vs. woman match, or good man vs. woman spots in intergender or multiman matches, etc. i'm talking about the idea of putting on a large number of man vs. women matches as a regular part of your product.

this isn't something i have a terribly strong personal feeling about, and if a wrestling promotion tried to do it and proved me wrong, fine, but i very much doubt any promotion trying to do this without suffering a decline in popularity and quality.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember plenty of complaints when Rey Mysterio was WWE Champion the first time.
    Those people were and remain complete and utter fucking simpletons.

He says, shitting on the idea.

I mean, nobody in the arena was shitting on it when Jax was in the ring. Nobody batted an eyelid when Becky beat up Ellsworth or challenged John Cena. Jax entering the men's rumble was a very deliberate, calculated move. If it had been panned or drawn the ire of the media they'd be damn sure it's not happening again. But it got a very positive response. This isn't Attitude Era shock television, or some sexist 'get in your place wimmen' shit. It was WWE testing the water to see how people react to the idea and the reality of a female professional wrestler taking blows from her male coworkers in the context of a professional wrestling match.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for someone advocating this nonsense has to explain to their daughter why it's ok for her brother to snap off a Coupe De Grace before bedtime because he saw Finn do it to Dana Brooke.
    To be honest I don't think a young kid really takes gender into account when doing wrestling moves they see on TV. I don't think it will spark any more instances of boys doing their moves on girls.

That said, all you need is for it to happen once and for something to go wrong and that can of worms opens.

I think the people who are saying it will be OK are giving the press and people in general way too much credit. They are not capable of working out the nuances of the situation, or taking a step back whilst saying its "fake" they will grab the nearest pitchfork and attack anything they can, and sadly people fall for it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How on Earth is a woman in a man's rumble, a woman threating to fight a man, and a woman beating up a comedy jobber considered WWE as "testing the waters"? It's been done numerous times before.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only reason it worked with Chyna is she was portrayed as the Ninth Wonder of the world, not like the other women etc etc. People bought into that and she looked credible in her matches. There's not many women on the roster that fit that. Rhonda fits because of her UFC experience etc, but a lot of the other women I don't think have that kind of portrayal to protect themselves from any backlash from the media over this.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, nobody in the arena was shitting on it when Jax was in the ring. Nobody batted an eyelid when Becky beat up Ellsworth or challenged John Cena. Jax entering the men's rumble was a very deliberate, calculated move. If it had been panned or drawn the ire of the media they'd be damn sure it's not happening again. But it got a very positive response. This isn't Attitude Era shock television, or some sexist 'get in your place wimmen' shit. It was WWE testing the water to see how people react to the idea and the reality of a female professional wrestler taking blows from her male coworkers in the context of a professional wrestling match.
    Thats the only reason its not getting massive backlash. Jax is supposed to be this monster type so its acceptable to some people that she could hold her own and even then it had to be calculated enough to work.You can't repeat the same thing with a lot of the other women.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all read what I said, I was not once shitting on the idea. I clearly expressed that when talking to Cewsh. I am saying that you have to be realistic. You mention it yourself in your response to anthony. People ARE "utter fucking simpletons".

And going back to my initial post, none of those moments you mentioned involved striking a woman or were overtly violent. Wrestling, as in doing moves etc will probably be deemed to be OK, but when you get, I dunno, Daniel Bryan giving Sasha Banks for example, a load of yes kicks or Drew McIntyre putting someone through a table then your backlash occurs (and yes there was backlash for the Dudleys putting women through tables).

Again to clarify I AM NOT AGAINST IT. What I am being though is realistic. The press will take any chance to shit on WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I don't think a young kid really takes gender into account when doing wrestling moves they see on TV. I don't think it will spark any more instances of boys doing their moves on girls.

That said, all you need is for it to happen once and for something to go wrong and that can of worms opens.

I think the people who are saying it will be OK are giving the press and people in general way too much credit. They are not capable of working out the nuances of the situation, or taking a step back whilst saying its "fake" they will grab the nearest pitchfork and attack anything they can, and sadly people fall for it.
    I'm saying it would make it even more difficult to steer clear of the situation if the situation is compounded.

I think the only reason it worked with Chyna is she was portrayed as the Ninth Wonder of the world, not like the other women etc etc. People bought into that and she looked credible in her matches. There's not many women on the roster that fit that. Rhonda fits because of her UFC experience etc, but a lot of the other women I don't think have that kind of portrayal to protect themselves from any backlash from the media over this.
    Chyna was also 6ft' and muscular as fuck. The Law is trying to say that because we have a few women that are pretty damn over=they should be working with the men, because Nia Jax did. Or because Ronda, a legit martial artist, maybe once or twice hip tossed a few dudes. Trust me, had Triple H retaliated and dropped her with a spinebuster, half of WWE's sponsors would be gone.

But let's not think about that because Cewsh and a few others thinks it's ok for women and men to throw hands against each other. The best part will be when all this type of stuff becomes a reality, like a 125lbs. woman stepping into the cage against a 125lbs. man who is also trained in combat actually throw down. It won't be like Cynthia Rothrock v stunt men in the 80's lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And anyone who doesn't think there was backlash from the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Era, tell me where it went? That's right, they had to ditch that shit because they were losing advertisers which means no money which means no WWE.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying it would make it even more difficult to steer clear of the situation if the situation is compounded.

Chyna was also 6ft' and muscular as fuck. The Law is trying to say that because we have a few women that are pretty damn over=they should be working with the men, because Nia Jax did. Or because Ronda, a legit martial artist, maybe once or twice hip tossed a few dudes. Trust me, had Triple H retaliated and dropped her with a spinebuster, half of WWE's sponsors would be gone.

But let's not think about that because Cewsh and a few others thinks it's ok for women and men to throw hands against each other. The best part will be when all this type of stuff becomes a reality, like a 125lbs. woman stepping into the cage against a 125lbs. man who is also trained in combat actually throw down. It won't be like Cynthia Rothrock v stunt men in the 80's lol.
    Great point on Chyna she was basically in her own league. You looked at her and it was more than believable she could hold her own and more. Thats totally different than as you said someone that is over an all of a sudden replicate that just because they are over. It doesn't work that way.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also this is not a game of “Could ____ best John Cena credibly?”

That’s not how this works. The question is, “Should women be presented as credible threats against men in general?”. Any answer but a resounding yes to that is extremely hard for me to wrap my head around.
    People are looking at this the wrong way. The question should simply be "Should men wrestle women?". And I'd answer yes. Women should be given equal opportunities and given a level playing field alongside the men.

The problem here is there's no context when people start asking "Could Becky beat Cena?". Because you're leading people to believe you're asking if Becky can physically beat Cena in a straight up fight, and the answer should be no. But by the same token, without context, no one should really beat Lesnar or the Bigshow either, yet its not beyond possibility for it to happen. Becky should be able to beat Cena, as long as its not presented in a way where Becky was shown to be physically stronger or something that defies basic biology. The same way Rey Mysterio could be presented as a legitimate opponent for the Bigshow, even though the size difference is larger than that between Becky and Cena.

If done right, its not an a bad thing. I just think people haven't opened their eyes to it. I mean, I'd imagine most of the people who think men vs women is wrong, also thought nothing of it when Rousey was judo throwing Triple H around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point on Chyna she was basically in her own league. You looked at her and it was more than believable she could hold her own and more. Thats totally different than as you said someone that is over an all of a sudden replicate that just because they are over. It doesn't work that way.
    And here's the reality...who did she ever beat that was a guy? She beat Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett. Anyone else? I'm excluding mixed-tag matches as I know she had a match against Essa Rios and Lita but I don't think she pinned 140lbs. Rios. So even with Chyna they always tried to protect the guys she worked with and if you noticed who the main 2 guys she worked matches against it shouldn't be hard to understand why it was those 2 in particular.

Trips hated Jericho and Vince hated Jarrett. You didn't see Chyna v. The Rock going 10-20 minutes lol. Because even Chyna at 6ft 200lbs of shredded muscle would still get her wig split in half by Headbanger Thrasher.