Thread: Nintendo Switch

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    whats wrong with it?

Boring unless you’re doing two player. Playing solo is ass.

Heads up up if you’re looking to start buying any of these games, Target is doing buy 2 get 1 on all games this week. Boutta go snatch up some shiz for myself

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I enjoyed it well enough. Although I must admit it didn't really grasp me for a long time. Not like the old Mario Tennis. The lack of friends to play it with is probably a major reason for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Boring unless you’re doing two player. Playing solo is ass.

Heads up up if you’re looking to start buying any of these games, Target is doing buy 2 get 1 on all games this week. Boutta go snatch up some shiz for myself
    what about the online play for Mario Tennis though? that's where I figure I'd get my money's worth.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to know thanks but I just checked and I think it's only selected titles, not all

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I haven't played since the change to pay for online simply because I had other games that I was more interested in playing not on Switch so didn't make sense to pay for the online at the moment so I can't say how it's been lately. But I thought the online games were good and challenging.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read some people complaining about the lag on their online service so it might be worth holding out until they've ironed out the issues anyway. Personally haven't tried it though so can't really comment on how bad it is.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    good to know thanks but I just checked and I think it's only selected titles, not all

It’s all games. Xbox and PS4 too

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s all games. Xbox and PS4 too
    idk man I'm on their website and it looks like only certain titles apply and the switch selections are pretty limited. let me know if you get it to work tho cuz if it's all titles I would do it

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    idk man I'm on their website and it looks like only certain titles apply and the switch selections are pretty limited. let me know if you get it to work tho cuz if it's all titles I would do it
    As soon as I heard of the sale I looked, and yeah not everything is included for Switch, but oddly enough the new Spider-Man is included for ps4

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everythang at my target. I got mega man collection 1&2, owl boy, and mega man 11.

edit: seeing mixed answers online. Some people saying they got it applied to all games, some saying it was specific games. I asked the dude at mine and he said “all”. So, not sure?
    Last edited by Hero!; October 28th, 2018 at 7:12 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everythang at my target. I got mega man collection 1&2, owl boy, and mega man 11.

edit: seeing mixed answers online. Some people saying they got it applied to all games, some saying it was specific games. I asked the dude at mine and he said “all”. So, not sure?
    Here is the direct link to Switch eligible games (saw someone posted this on reddit): https://www.target.com/c/video-game-.../N-0snqsZftml9

the games you bought, coincidentally, are all on here as eligible but most of the major titles are excluded. this is just on their website, if they told you in-store that it applies to all games then that would be an even sweeter deal. my guess is that guy was just mistaken but idk. the sale is well advertised on their website but it definitely excludes most major Switch games like Odyssey, Kart, Zelda, Splatoon, Arms, etc.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty much ready to join the Switch gang. I just bought 4 e-shop cards from Wal Mart on discount (you can get a $35 card for $25 using code ELLEN10, but you have to create a new account first so I got 4 by creating 4 different new accounts). So I got $140 of eshop money for $100. I'll use that to buy Odyssey, Stardew Valley and a third game (debating between MK8 which I already owned on Wii U or Smash Bros).

As for the console, the Mario Kart bundle would be good if I could somehow land one (it's $300 for the console with MK8 included as a digital download) but up to this point I am only seeing that as a doorbuster deal on Black Friday and I'm not going to stand in line for hours on Thanksgiving for that shit. Maybe it will be available online on Cyber Monday. We'll see. Also this might be dumb but I strongly prefer the grey joycons over the neon and I think this bundle might be only for neon.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you get Smash, you’re gonna want either a pro controller or one of the rereleased GameCube controller’s OR snag one of those adapters to use a PS4/Xbox controller with it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get Smash, you’re gonna want either a pro controller or one of the rereleased GameCube controller’s OR snag one of those adapters to use a PS4/Xbox controller with it.
    interesting, glad you pointed that out. I have a PS4 controller and a Wii U Pro controller so that could be a good option instead of the pricey Switch Pro Controller.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    8bitdo makes an adapter for $20 on Amazon and it works with both of those controllers

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8bitdo makes an adapter for $20 on Amazon and it works with both of those controllers
    saw that one. have you used it? some reviews say it can be laggy or have input errors, but it seems to be well reviewed overall.

I actually already purchased a new Switch Pro Controller on ebay for $37. It was not one of the knockoffs, the pictures and description showed it to be the real thing, however I believe it was a scam since it's shipping from China and is too good to be true at that price point. I jumped on it before it sold out and it should be arriving in a few weeks. I'm 90% sure it won't be legit I'll have to submit a complaint to Ebay and use their money back guarantee for fake items, which hopefully won't be too much of a headache. oh well, I took a shot.

I've been browsing https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/ a lot

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I used it at my buddy’s house and didn’t notice any issues playing on a PS4 controller. I believe @Bert uses one with his xbox controller.

Im planning to get one of the PowerA wireless GameCube controllers. They look fantastic.

i hope that peo conteoller dela works out for you. I’ve never found a solid deal on one besides Walmart selling it for $60 rather than the usual $70

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    is anyone picking up Let’s Go Pickachu/Eevee? I’m considering it, but I feel like between Smash and a second child coming in January, I’m just not gonna have time to play it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it at my buddy’s house and didn’t notice any issues playing on a PS4 controller. I believe @Bert uses one with his xbox controller.

Im planning to get one of the PowerA wireless GameCube controllers. They look fantastic.

i hope that peo conteoller dela works out for you. I’ve never found a solid deal on one besides Walmart selling it for $60 rather than the usual $70
    google express has a bunch of 20% off promos right now (max $20). they have the pro controller at $63.99 (Best Buy's price) and when you apply the 20% off you get it down to $51.

that is also where I'll get my console if I don't score a better deal. I'll at least get $20 off the $300

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ordered Mario Rabbids for $20 from Best Buy. Pretty good deal if you don't have it already. You can get that price on their website now if you log into a best buy account.

gamestop announced their deals. I'm going to see if I can pick up a Switch console and get the $50 gamestop gift card that they're offering for any new console sale (excludes PS4 spider man bundle).

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    is anyone picking up Let’s Go Pickachu/Eevee? I’m considering it, but I feel like between Smash and a second child coming in January, I’m just not gonna have time to play it.
    I was going to but as a hardcore Pokemon rpg fan the reviews have been turning me off big time. This looks like a lazy (and misleading) cash grab. I'll just wait for the next gen next year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    whats wrong with it?
    For one, adventure mode is horrible. The least-fun Mario game I've ever played.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still very much want to play Tennis but I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully it’ll eventually drop to $20 like Rabbids did.

Or I’ll try out the demo if there is one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ended up ordering a standard gray switch AND a mario kart 8 bundle switch. both from gamestop for $300, both coming with a $50 gift card on their black friday deal. I bought the gray first but then bought the bundle once it re-appeared on their website. $300 for the mario kart bundle plus the $50 gift card ended up being the best deal around (I think).

I figure I will just re-sell the MK8 bundle on my own (i want gray over blue/red).

ive been going a little nutty with these deals and have a few returns to do (plus the aforementioned re-sale of a console) but soon I will have my switch in all its glory.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm playing right now.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just bought Undertale and Snipperclips as well as Mario/Rabbids from sales. Pretty stoked to get into the groove again

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post

What I'm playing right now.
    How’d you get it early

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to run a custom firmware to install it. I've got that plus emulators for SNES, NES, GBA, PSX, Genesis, etc all running on it, along with a bunch of other homebrew games like Quake 1-3, Doom, Half Life, AM2R. The hacking scene is moving fast on the Switch. People have made custom themes for the menu, mods and translations for certain games, and there now even a USB storage support that lets you play games off of a hard drive plugged into the dock.
    All these things will most likely ban your console from online (not sure if mines has yet because I leave aeroplane mode on), so if thats something you care about then this isnt for you. I personally bought a second Switch to be able to do this while still having my main Switch with online working.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    You need to run a custom firmware to install it. I've got that plus emulators for SNES, NES, GBA, PSX, Genesis, etc all running on it, along with a bunch of other homebrew games like Quake 1-3, Doom, Half Life, AM2R. The hacking scene is moving fast on the Switch. People have made custom themes for the menu, mods and translations for certain games, and there now even a USB storage support that lets you play games off of a hard drive plugged into the dock.
    All these things will most likely ban your console from online (not sure if mines has yet because I leave aeroplane mode on), so if thats something you care about then this isnt for you. I personally bought a second Switch to be able to do this while still having my main Switch with online working.
    so how is smash

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My coworker got the leaked Smash and I hate him for it. I kinda hope Nintendo just lets retailers break street date now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so how is smash
    I like it. I've never been good at Smash so I'm still trying to get the hang of it. There seems to be a ton of stuff to unlock as you only start with about 7 characters which is only 10% of the full roster. Some people have said the Adventure mode can take 20 hours to complete which is mad for a fighting game, so theres enough to keep you busy for a while.
    Having said that, its still the same Smash Bros. Same gameplay and everything. Which reminded me of the feeling when I got Mario Kart on the Switch the first time, where I kinda built up the excitement in my head and then got the game to realise its not really much different from the last one. You won't get that new game experience with this like you would with say Zelda Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey as both of those are great and nothing like what's come before it.
    I guess its only worth getting Smash if you know you like Smash Bros or willing to give the series a try for the first time. If you've never been a fan in the past, don't expect this one to change that.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm live. Send me your friend codes!

Mine is: SW-8345-8567-7689

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    SW-0048-3227-4230

played smash today on my coworkers switch. King K Rool plays amazingly. I love him.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Rabbids and Rocket League so far. Rocket League I just bought on a whim because it was on sale for $12 on the eshop. I’m going all digital, except Breath of the Wild which will be my one physical (and I don’t plan to buy it for a while). Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are on deck. I’ll get the Online plan when smash comes out, probably.

I plan to get Mega Man 11 and Sonic Mania eventually.

Very excited.

I expect some of you to face me in Smash and Mario Kart (and maybe rocket league?) when I get online.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Rabbids and Rocket League so far. Rocket League I just bought on a whim because it was on sale for $12 on the eshop. I’m going all digital, except Breath of the Wild which will be my one physical (and I don’t plan to buy it for a while). Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are on deck. I’ll get the Online plan when smash comes out, probably.

I plan to get Mega Man 11 and Sonic Mania eventually.

Very excited.

I expect some of you to face me in Smash and Mario Kart (and maybe rocket league?) when I get online.
    Let me know what you think about Mega Man 11 when you get there. I've heard pretty middling opinions about it so far, but haven't read any reviews.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Let me know what you think about Mega Man 11 when you get there. I've heard pretty middling opinions about it so far, but haven't read any reviews.
    It seems to have reasonably good reviews (not stellar) but I will say that the $30 price tag for it seems high. I'd like to see it drop to $20 before I pull the trigger.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Warframe for Switch is appaz getting great reviews for a port. It’s also free, which is always my favorite price. Gonna give that shit a try later today

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So are we all smashing Friday or what

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be a week or two before I get it but I'll be smashing you soon bae

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looking for a game for my 5th grader for X Mas. Let me know if you have any ideas. Big into super heroes.

Also what games do you guys play against each other online?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Looking for a game for my 5th grader for X Mas. Let me know if you have any ideas. Big into super heroes.

What does he already have?

The only rajah cat ive played with is Bert and we played Mario Kart. Mario Kart online is fun.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sma5h scores so far

IGN 9.4
    Gamespot 9 (not final)
    GamesRadar 4.5/5
    EGM 9.5
    TheSixthAxis 10
    Press Start 10
    JeuxVideo 19/20
    Opencritic 94 (23 reviews)
    Metacritic 94 (24 reviews)

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my pre-order on the e-shop (they give you double the gold points if you pre-order so instead of getting $3 in rewards you get $6). Definitely looking forward to it, and I'll be getting Switch Online later in the month and will be down to play some Rajah games.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post

captain toad treasure tracker

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely down to play whenever I get a Switch. May be a while, but it'll happen one day. Smash looks to be great. And to be honest, It's not really a broken game, so just adding new characters, stages, and then including every other previous character from the old games? That's enough for me, because I absolutely love the Smash Bros. games.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    captain toad treasure tracker
    That's a great shout.
    Fun game for all ages, especially the kids.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played it on Wii U and it was delightful. it's not the longest game so I like that it's only $40 on Switch - that seems about right instead of $60.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm definitely down to play whenever I get a Switch. May be a while, but it'll happen one day. Smash looks to be great. And to be honest, It's not really a broken game, so just adding new characters, stages, and then including every other previous character from the old games? That's enough for me, because I absolutely love the Smash Bros. games.
    It plays better than Smash 4. Every character got an upgrade and there are some surprisingly good characters. I think you’re gonna see a lot of different mains compared to smash4 and Melee.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who have it already @Hero! I am curious about the lag in online mode. If there is lag that will kill the long term appeal of the game for me. I remember brawl online was unplayable for that reason.

I know it depends on everyone's connection and that they recommend going with a LAN adapter not wi-fi... and also I'm not going to judge the game based on 1 day of results... but plz plz plz have a lag free online mode.

MK8 online is the BEST and I put 400+ hours into it because it is so smooth. I want that with Smash.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haven’t played online yet. Still unlocking characters and gonna do story mode for the next bit. From the smashers I’ve been watching on Twitch, it sounds like online over WiFi is garbage.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame there is no story..

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    World of light my guy.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree to disagree.. dont really find it to be a story tbh

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Forces of light kill every hero but Kirby, make dark clones of them, and you have to fight the evil versions to free the good ones. Sounds like a story to me. Not a great one, but it is a story.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tried playing smash with a single joycon and that is hilariously awful.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Have they sorted the online lag for Smash?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should I buy a switch "for my kids" this christmas or what?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck yes. Your "kids" *he said knowingly* will love it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Should I buy a switch "for my kids" this christmas or what?
    Yes. I love mine. Skyrim is teh shit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sick

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Smash bros is so, so good. As a Link main, I am really enjoying how well the Links plays in this game. Big characters like Ridley, K Rool, and Bowser are actually fast, and small characters like kirby, pichu, and Isabelle are deadly in the combos.

im up to about 55 characters unlocked. Slowly working my way through it. Using the log-out-log-in method is def the best way to go about this.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smash bros is so, so good. As a Link main, I am really enjoying how well the Links plays in this game. Big characters like Ridley, K Rool, and Bowser are actually fast, and small characters like kirby, pichu, and Isabelle are deadly in the combos.

im up to about 55 characters unlocked. Slowly working my way through it. Using the log-out-log-in method is def the best way to go about this.
    wanna play some matches? I still need to sign up for NSO but I'm down to join whenever (also I think they have a free trial). I want to try out the online mode and see how it runs. I'm on wi-fi for now (Nintendo recommends the wired LAN adapter for Smash online).

I've only played about 20 minutes so far but I've unlocked 3 characters already.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I bought an online card yesterday got to set it up tonight. Down to play whenever.

Tried our local multiplayer with some dudes at work today and we ended up having a mini-tournament on our lunch break. It was fantastic.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I bought an online card yesterday got to set it up tonight. Down to play whenever.

Tried our local multiplayer with some dudes at work today and we ended up having a mini-tournament on our lunch break. It was fantastic.
    I'm free the next 4 hours or so if you're around. right now ideally

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry if this was already said but the intro song to Smash Ultimate is so great. I dont think I've skipped it yet when booting up the game

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm free the next 4 hours or so if you're around. right now ideally
    I might jump on in a bit. I’m just leaving work soon.

sorry if this was already said but the intro song to Smash Ultimate is so great. I dont think I've skipped it yet when booting up the game
    Its stuck in my head all damn day. The playlist feature for this game is amazing

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been a nintendo person since N64. Just bought a switch for the kids. Any advice on games for a 11,7,5 year old group of kids who haven't played much video games?

Bought mario kart and Mario party.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Smash, Puyo puyo Tetris, Fortnite (free)

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't played Smash (yet) but Mario Kart is always a sure bet.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Splatoon 2 for the kids

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Since I had the day off work, I figured I’d try out a bunch of different characters. Didn’t really care for Marth or Inkling, but I ended up loving Little Mac. His recovery is awful, but his speed is amazing. Played a 60 min match against Sonic and we were very evenly matched on speed.

I havent really had ang issues with online play over WiFi either. Granted, I have 300mbps internet, so YMMV.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the recommends.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Thanks for the recommends.
    New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe comes out on January 11. It's a port of the Wii U game. 4 player 2D mario. It would be good for kids of those age, I reckon, especially if you are looking for multiplayer games (otherwise Mario Odyssey would be the way to go). It's a little steep at $60 given that it's a Wii U port but it's good fun.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can vouch for New Super Mario Bros. U. That whole series is fantastic if you like old school side-scrolling Mario. The co-op aspect makes things more fun, if not chaotic when going with all four.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's worth getting the Switch just to join the online service and get all those NES games with the save state options.

I might actually beat Metroid now...

Or just beat SMB3 for the millionth time.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say we should start a multiplayer Stardew Valley and have a Rajah farm but I am only in the summer of my first year on my own farm and I'm way too invested in it to work on a commune. But maybe one day?

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe comes out on January 11. It's a port of the Wii U game. 4 player 2D mario. It would be good for kids of those age, I reckon, especially if you are looking for multiplayer games (otherwise Mario Odyssey would be the way to go). It's a little steep at $60 given that it's a Wii U port but it's good fun.

it comes with luigi u and 2 new playable characters ( 1 toad character gets replaced )

toadette ( easy mode) and nebbit ( very easy )

if there going to go ahead and port games from the wii/wii u over i hope skyward sword and twilight princess gets a redo, hell remaster every zelda game and take my money

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lady got me a Switch for Christmas, along with Mario Kart and Smash. I probably won't have an online account immediately, but I am definitely down to play some shit when I do.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will whip your butt in Mario Kart Psycho.

I got Mario party for Christmas. Not getting to use to the pro controller sucks.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I will whip your butt in Mario Kart Psycho.

I got Mario party for Christmas. Not getting to use to the pro controller sucks.
    I will whip YOUR butt in Mario Kart R_P. I haven't even played deluxe yet but that was my jam on Wii U. We need to get some Rajah games going sometime (Kart, Smash).

I got the Pro Controller recently, on sale for like $48. It's good.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that controller. I mean they did kind of just rip off the XBOX controller but fuck it it's really comfy.

I'll post my friend code the next time I get a chance. I don't know why I haven't before.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hero, maybe we can put our list of friend codes in OP.

I'm live. Send me your friend codes!

Mine is: SW-8345-8567-7689
    SW-0048-3227-4230

played smash today on my coworkers switch. King K Rool plays amazingly. I love him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought online. And here's my friend code:

SW-0933-6669-1297

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hero, maybe we can put our list of friend codes in OP.
    Just bought online. And here's my friend code:

SW-0933-6669-1297
    Done and done.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've added you Hero, Psycho and Fro.

I changed my screen name to R.Planet so you'll recognize the invite.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Got Smash Bros. for Christmas. Game is pretty awesome. Trying to just unlock all the characters now.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My code is SW-3769-7560-4887.

I sent out some friend invites as well. Once I get the online package I'd love to get some online Smash going!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone around tonight for some Mario Kart and/or Smash?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually having a Switch party tonight with some friends, so I probably won't be able to do online.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried doom on the joycons..

Christ its weird, need to buy a pro controller.. doom just feels odd

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Fire Emblem: Warriors without knowing it wasn't a straight ahead Fire Emblem game. I was a little bummed about that at first but the game is actually a bit fun. Too hack and slash for me though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hack and slash in its purest form.

Haven't played Fire Emblem Warriors but I thought Hyrule Warriors was fun.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish I had known. Could've done a little research first I guess.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish I had known. Could've done a little research first I guess.
    return it? unless you bought it digital.

anyway the real Fire Emblem Switch game is supposed to come out this spring

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    return it? unless you bought it digital.

anyway the real Fire Emblem Switch game is supposed to come out this spring
    Nah I'm actually having fun playing it lol. Not generally my kind of game but it's just enough like Fire Emblem to entertain.

I'm definitely getting the new one when it comes out. I needs my FIRE EMBLEM DAMN IT. Ive been wanting to play one again for a while. I recently hooked back up the old gamecube and for some reason my copy of FE for that system was missing. So I look online and the motherfucker is a goddamn collectors item now! Fucking thing goes for 150 a pop easy. So fuck that. Also my DS went down so I can't play FE on that either.

I suppose I could download some roms for my GBA emulator on my phone...
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; January 9th, 2019 at 10:39 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is the Fire Emblem series anything resembling Final Fantasy Tactics?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but here is the trailer

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I dont know. Fire Emblem is a grid battle, turn based strategy game. The grid is really 90 percent of what makes it FE to me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Yes...
    It's a very similar style of gameplay...

Last edited by Bill Casey; January 9th, 2019 at 10:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I dont know. Fire Emblem is a grid battle, turn based strategy game. The grid is really 90 percent of what makes it FE to me.
    Sounds like FFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    Yes...
    It's a very similar battle system...

Does it possess any of the charm? Really considering this game because I need my strategy rpg fix.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Your mileage may vary on the charm factor...
    The biggest thing about it is to make sure you keep characters alive, because once is character dies in battle, they're dead...
    Or you have to reload and try the level again...