Page 100 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 10,000 of 13672

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Man, people talk about Andre Soukhamthath's display of low fight IQ against O'Malley last weekend, but Cat going Gong & Dash James Thomson style on Rousey is up there as well. I still think Zingano had the skill and physical tools at the time to beat Rousey if not going full retard.

And I just read that Big John McCarthy's verdict on the Lombard situation is that it was correct to DQ him.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Man, people talk about Andre Soukhamthath's display of low fight IQ against O'Malley last weekend, but Cat going Gong & Dash James Thomson style on Rousey is up there as well. I still think Zingano had the skill and physical tools at the time to beat Rousey if not going full retard.

And I just read that Big John McCarthy's verdict on the Lombard situation is that it was correct to DQ him.
    I thought Cat had the ability to pull it off as well.

Yeah I don't disagree with the decision to DQ him it's just unfortunate. I said he got the "Shaft" I'm just saying in terms of the way he lost, a DQ due to some heat of the moment return strikes. I honestly don't think people understand that if you get kicked in the ribs at 4:58 there's going to be some retaliation. Again if CB hadn't been smacked up acting, I'm sure the fight would have continued and maybe a warning at best.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is cringe, worse than Anderson Silva pretending not to understand english when chael used to call him out

how does severe one "develop" a brazilian accent in their 20s? they brought a translator for her in the ring after her last fight LMAO

by 2020 she will start barking

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Eh, this guy was born in Ohio and began playing soccer in England in his 20's..

..meanwhile Dern has a Brazilian father who she assuredly spends a ton of time around as well as extended family and training partners.

Don't think it's so uncommon for people's accents to change when immersed in a different linguistic environment.

Not sure what barking has to do with anything though.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Eh, this guy was born in Ohio and began playing soccer in England in his 20's..

..meanwhile Dern has a Brazilian father who she assuredly spends a ton of time around as well as extended family and training partners.

Don't think it's so uncommon for people's accents to change when immersed in a different linguistic environment.

Not sure what barking has to do with anything though.
    because she grew up in Arizona where she also graduated high school, had a typical American accent when she was 18-20, competed in most of her BJJ tournaments in America

and then in 2 years she forgets english? to the point to where she doesn't know words and Ariel Helwani has to call her out on it? its fucking stupid and childish, thats why

they had a translator come into the ring for her!!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    And Brad Friedel, the guy in that vid, was born and raised in the states with a Midwest accent until playing ball overseas midway through his 20's. And he's been asked similar questions about his accent.

He hasn't started barking to my knowledge.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Sped, she's around people with different accents so of course she's going to start sounding like them. I mean, listen to Daniel Cormier and Luke Rockhold. They sound identical.

Jokes aside. It is weird and we've encountered shit like this all the time. Think of how many white kids you know where one minute they're talking like 50 Cent with their crew and then they go to a job interview and they're back to sounding like White Boy McGee. She's Carlton acting like Will. It's weird.

- - - Updated - - -

And Brad Friedel, the guy in that vid, was born and raised in the states with a Midwest accent until playing ball overseas midway through his 20's. And he's been asked similar questions about his accent.

lol. Let it go. If you took that comment as legit, I have a string of Christmas lights you can tie around your balls and jump into an empty pool while you're at it.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brad Friedel is a big stupid cunt, I dont know what to tell you. but to Brad Friedels credit, I dont think he brought an English translator to his post game interviews to really put over his gimmick and really get him over?

her accent is clearly a cringey gimmick. there is enough proof on other boards out there with more info on it, I dont really care to discuss more her blatantly fake accent

I think it would be hilarious if Daniel Cormier or someone brings an english translator after their fight into the ring to troll just like Dermz did

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

You're so emotional.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    nvmd
    Last edited by Percussion; March 7th, 2018 at 6:50 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Back in the 80's-90's Dolph Lundgren for whatever reason pretended that he had forgotten how to speak Swedish, which was complete bullshit of course.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the 80's-90's Dolph Lundgren for whatever reason pretended that he had forgotten how to speak Swedish, which was complete bullshit of course.
    haha. So would he come back to Sweden and do interviews with a translator? Man I love Dolph Lundgren. Favorite Punisher. Teamed up with Brandon Lee in one of my favorite action movies. Iconic Rocky opponent. Dude he put Rocky on the disabled list. KILLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so emotional.
    If that's considered "emotional" what do you consider your constant snide comments?

Honestly it's not even a big deal to overthink like you generally do. Poking fun at this dork isn't hurting anyone, quit being overly emotional about everything.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    haha. So would he come back to Sweden and do interviews with a translator? Man I love Dolph Lundgren. Favorite Punisher. Teamed up with Brandon Lee in one of my favorite action movies. Iconic Rocky opponent. Dude he put Rocky on the disabled list. KILLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    He had lived in the US for just three months or something but when he was interviewed in Swedish television after Rocky IV he claimed to have forgotten how to speak Swedish. He has admitted later on that it was just BS though. I can't find the interview anywhere, Dolph has probably purged the net from it himself..

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    If that's considered "emotional" what do you consider your constant snide comments?

Honestly it's not even a big deal to overthink like you generally do. Poking fun at this dork isn't hurting anyone, quit being overly emotional about everything.
    Pretty sure I was laughing about it.

Also sure Sped can speak for himself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure I was laughing about it.

Also sure Sped can speak for himself.
    I wasn't speaking for anyone I was commenting on your response. I don't give a shit what Sped has to say about you saying someone is emotional. I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is for you and your snide comments to talk about people being emotional.

But please, make this more about you somewhere else it's derailing the conversation.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    What?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting "article" on Sherdog about Holly Holm and the possibility of retiring. She says she's not interested in retiring. I will say this, she's 1-4 but some of those losses you could pick apart. Yeah she's 36 but I could see her going another 2-3 years for sure if she wanted to.

And there's quite a bit for her in terms of opponents. A rematch with GDR plus fights with Nunes, Cat, Ketlen Vieira who just beat Cat, Alex Davis, Cindy Dandois, Sara McMann, the list goes on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She can easily put a few wins together in that shitty division to get a title shot. 2 would probably cover it. If Nunes fights Cyborg, she might take a beating, have a bad weight cut and be ripe pickings for Holm a year down the line. If she keeps her name in the hat she's got a chance of reclaiming the belt.

I'd say match Holm, Zingano, McMann and GDR in any variety, match the winners up and you've got a name challenger on a win streak. Chances are it'd be Holm (biggest non-champ WMMA name) or GDR (2 weight champ angle) so it'd be a decent enough seller.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holly could make history being either a 2 division champ or the first 2-time champion at 135.

And then you also have to think, where does Megan Anderson fit into any of this. She talks and talks and talks and talks about fighting but yeah, nothing is coming to fruition. She annoys me with playing the card like she's been waiting on Cyborg. 3 different occasions they've tried to set her up against Cyborg and all 3 times she had some excuse. Cyborg even went above and beyond and started promoting a fight with them and Megan was like "no no I never agreed to anything". That was like 3 months ago.

And someone help me out...What was the original plan for Cyborg at this last event? They said her opponent came in on short notice, but wasn't the entire fight just thrown together at the last minute?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    She wasn't supposed to be on it. Guess they still wanted a title fight on the card after Holloway dropped out. So it was a late notice fight for both Cyborg and Kunitskaya.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Anderson needs a tune up fight for me. She's not fought in ages. Put her on the next Cyborg card on the FS1 prelims or something. Maybe Zingano if she doesn't fancy the weight cut anymore.

Cyborg has been refreshingly active, despite a short suspension. 5 fights in 22 months, not many championship level fighters maintain that level of activity unfortunately.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Dandois isn't that great of a striker but she did choke this girl out and hasn't lost a fight since that whack fight in the UFC. Plus she's a natural 145er who only dropped to 135 to get her foot in the door only to have it shown the way out lol. I love her though, probably my favorite female fighter outside the UFC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Overemm can beat Blaydes. Blaydes isn't even all that. I think it's been time for Overeem to retire. Overeem looks like he still hasn't fully woken up from the Ngannou KO lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't count Overeem yet. 2 losses in 4 years while stacking wins against JDS, Werdum, Roy Nelson, Struve, Arlovski, and Mark Hunt.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post

I don't think Overemm can beat Blaydes. Blaydes isn't even all that. I think it's been time for Overeem to retire. Overeem looks like he still hasn't fully woken up from the Ngannou KO lol.
    thats been the story of Overeem's career. when it looks like he is way past due, he comes and strings another 2-3 wins after getting viciously KO'd.

and I am not sold on Blades yet because he was spamming takedowns on a 55 year old 5 foot Mark Hunt after getting tagged in the first round. but honestly that is the only fight of his I watched

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Curtis Blaydes on that weird BET MMA show that had like Floyd Mayweather as a team captain? It was like TUF in the Hood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't count Overeem yet. 2 losses in 4 years while stacking wins against JDS, Werdum, Roy Nelson, Struve, Arlovski, and Mark Hunt.
    Most of those guys aren't even that good anymore. Mark hunt is on a downward skid and of course has a terrible record. Roy Nelson hasn't even been able to knock anyone out in 4 or 5 years and his record is not good. Struve is a gatekeeper. Arlovski was pretty good back in the day but he didn't look all that good in his last few fights and lost a good amount in a row before winning the few that he has won recently. JDS isn't feared like he once was and he doesn't even fight that often either. The only really legit person in that list is Werdum.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd favour Overeem over Blaydes, unless the Ngannou KO is the one to finally give Reem CTE. Overeem doesn't lose to grapplers, he should be able to sprawl his way out of trouble, land enough knees in the clinch to get Blaydes shot-shy then pick him off from the outside.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of those guys aren't even that good anymore. Mark hunt is on a downward skid and of course has a terrible record. Roy Nelson hasn't even been able to knock anyone out in 4 or 5 years and his record is not good. Struve is a gatekeeper. Arlovski was pretty good back in the day but he didn't look all that good in his last few fights and lost a good amount in a row before winning the few that he has won recently. JDS isn't feared like he once was and he doesn't even fight that often either. The only really legit person in that list is Werdum.
    All of these dudes are in the top 10. JDS literally just fought for the title in his last fight....but they're not good because why? It's HW. Stipe got knocked out by Stefan Struve and managed to rebuild his career. It's HW. Arlovski was a fight away from a title shot after going on a horrifying losing streak that I thought was killing him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavyweight is a beast all of itself. In no other division do the fighters go through such ebb and flows. At the lighter weights, once a fighter loses badly numerous times they'll fade, but at heavyweight guys keep finding second winds. Look at Frank Mir, how many career renaissances has he had?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of these dudes are in the top 10. JDS literally just fought for the title in his last fight....but they're not good because why? It's HW. Stipe got knocked out by Stefan Struve and managed to rebuild his career. It's HW. Arlovski was a fight away from a title shot after going on a horrifying losing streak that I thought was killing him.
    Most of the time in any other division after losing as many as he did in a row you don't just get to go for the title after 2 or 3 weak looking wins. Oh and to get into the top 15 inheavyweight is easy. Just win a couple of fights and you're ranked in heavyweight. The only reason certain people in heavyweight get talked about like they are good like Mark Hunt is cause of there power. It's not like he is an all around amazing mma fighter. His ground game blows from what I remember and his record sucks but yet he is ranked last time I checked lol. In heavyweight you can rebuild your career easily after just 2 wins it seems but after losing 5 or 6 in a row in lets say lightweight you can't do that. You will be let go most likely. Not given the chance to win 2 fights in a row and then get close to a title shot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Heavyweight is a beast all of itself. In no other division do the fighters go through such ebb and flows. At the lighter weights, once a fighter loses badly numerous times they'll fade, but at heavyweight guys keep finding second winds. Look at Frank Mir, how many career renaissances has he had?!
    So true and it's harder to fade in heavyweight and easier to come back too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the time in any other division after losing as many as he did in a row you don't just get to go for the title after 2 or 3 weak looking wins. Oh and to get into the top 15 inheavyweight is easy. Just win a couple of fights and you're ranked in heavyweight. The only reason certain people in heavyweight get talked about like they are good like Mark Hunt is cause of there power. It's not like he is an all around amazing mma fighter. His ground game blows from what I remember and his record sucks but yet he is ranked last time I checked lol. In heavyweight you can rebuild your career easily after just 2 wins it seems but after losing 5 or 6 in a row in lets say lightweight you can't do that. You will be let go most likely. Not given the chance to win 2 fights in a row and then get close to a title shot.

So then what's your point? You're saying these guys aren't very good, compared to who? Other weight classes? We're not talking p4p.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So then what's your point? You're saying these guys aren't very good, compared to who? Other weight classes? We're not talking p4p.
    I'm just saying a ton of the heavyweight division sucks. I don't look at Travis Browne, Walt Harris or Anthony Hamilton like they're very good. There's a ton of filler in there division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just saying a ton of the heavyweight division sucks. I don't look at Travis Browne, Walt Harris or Anthony Hamilton like they're very good. There's a ton of filler in there division.
    There's a ton of filler in a lot of divisions. Look at how stacked 155 is. Do you honestly think everyone in that division is going to be champion? Again, the names you previously mentioned are all top 10 HWs, some who literally just fought for the title.

Trust me, I can somewhat see your point now when you talk about filler but it goes back to HW being a DANGEROUS division. That's why it's impressive a guy like Ngannou with only 2-3 years of experience slaughtered so many good fighters and hung in with the champ for 25 minutes. A champ who btw had been Koing everyone in his path to the belt since the Struve loss (maybe a decision or two along the way sure).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Alistair by Standing Uber-tine.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brock Lesnar returns, I want to see him fight Travis Browne.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a ton of filler in a lot of divisions. Look at how stacked 155 is. Do you honestly think everyone in that division is going to be champion? Again, the names you previously mentioned are all top 10 HWs, some who literally just fought for the title.

Trust me, I can somewhat see your point now when you talk about filler but it goes back to HW being a DANGEROUS division. That's why it's impressive a guy like Ngannou with only 2-3 years of experience slaughtered so many good fighters and hung in with the champ for 25 minutes. A champ who btw had been Koing everyone in his path to the belt since the Struve loss (maybe a decision or two along the way sure).
    I understand other divisions have a lot of filler but I just feel that heavyweight has more of a percentage of that is all. They have such a high percentage that even guys who are not very good can be in the top ten. I love mma, ufc and the heavyweight fights that happen in the UFC but I also like to be honest as well is all and that's why I felt the need to say what I said about the heavyweights.

If Brock Lesnar returns, I want to see him fight Travis Browne.
    Travis will probably lose. I know most people don't like him but I'd rather Brock fight Ben Rothwell.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'd really like to see Brock/Werdum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really like to see Brock/Werdum.
    Oh if we're going Brock vs top guys then this would be my choice as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    There was some recent chatter about weight divisions, starting with claims that McGregor asked Dana to add a 165 class and then guys like Diego Sanchez, Kevin Lee, and Donald Cerrone stating their favor for such a thing. And weight divisions in MMA have long been a topic of discussion across the board trying to find just the right number or increments for all competitors, trying also to find a happy balance for sake of competition across divisions and to combat the problems with weight cutting. All that said, surely some of you guys have batted around your ideas on the ideal breakdown of divisions and I'd be curious to see those takes.

After just reading some of the 165 stuff, and having not really put a ton of time into thinking about how particular guys would be affected, I think a breakdown of 10 divisions would be nice..

265 - Super Heavyweight
    225 - Heavyweight
    205 - Light Heavyweight
    190 - Cruiserweight
    175 - Middleweight
    165 - Welterweight
    155 - Lightweight
    145 - Featherweight
    135 - Bantamweight
    125 - Flyweight

And I realize that having CW before LHW is backwards from boxing, but I wanted to rock as few boats as possible and the name is a bit appropriate hear as a first leap to the big boys in mma. And this is mma so why the fuck not do what we want. Idk. Honestly I couldn't give a shit about the names as much as the the layout itself.

Anyway, anyone approve, got any better ideas, just want to say that it's all a waste of time as none of it will ever change and guys will always try and cut weight for advantage?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't mind 170 being split up to 165 and 175 as there's depth in both welter and lightweight to spread another division. Then change 185 to 190 and that's that. Not enough depth to change anything above, unless heavyweight has a limit of like 245 and super heavy has no limit to try and attract NFL/NBA undrafted players and freak sized wrestlers like Brock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    That was my only real concern with the whole breakdown - depth amongst the big boys.

And so..

246+ - Super Heavyweight
    245 - Heavyweight
    205 - Light Heavyweight
    190 - Cruiserweight
    175 - Middleweight
    165 - Welterweight
    155 - Lightweight
    145 - Featherweight
    135 - Bantamweight
    125 - Flyweight

..could totally get with that.

Thanks for the feedback.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh if we're going Brock vs top guys then this would be my choice as well.
    Werdum would outstrike him and Brock would be neutralized heavily on the ground

pass

Werdum > Mir on the ground, by far

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Werdum's exceptional work underneath Brock's 10-ton top game is exactly what makes it interesting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Floyd Mayweather to begin training 'soon' with Tyron Woodley

The retired boxer confirmed to TMZ Sports he has been in contact with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, and claims the two will work together in the near future. Woodley also mentioned the possibility earlier this month.

"I'm gonna start soon," Mayweather said. "We've been texting back and forth. We talked a couple times, so we gonna start working out real soon."

He would be considered a novice in the sport of MMA, but claims his skills are better than some may think.

"I can wrestle. My wrestling game is not that bad," Mayweather said. "On a scale from 1 to 10, it's probably a 7. And I think we can take it up to a 9 if possible. Of course, my hand game, on a scale of 1 to 10, is 100. My kicking game, on a scale from 1 to 10, is probably a 4."

In December, UFC president Dana White told ESPN the promotion was in talks with Mayweather about bringing him over, and took an adamant stance that the negotiations were legitimate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Werdum would outstrike him and Brock would be neutralized heavily on the ground

pass

Werdum > Mir on the ground, by far
    If Brock could keep it standing I think it would be a pretty good fight. Werdum is a decent striker but not amazing so Brock would have a chance. On the ground is obviously another story with Werdum possibly being the best heavyweight of all time on the ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Floyd's a great businessman. Keeps his name out there, keeps his sponsors and partners happy that his name is in the press. He won't fight in the Octagon, and he doesn't think he can wrestle.

Werdum is possibly the most underrated fighter of all time. Got caught cold by JDS a decade ago, got KO'd to the greatest heavyweight perhaps ever in Stipe, other than that he's not really lost a fight since he learned how to strike. Both Reem losses are controversial. He'd have beaten Brock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'd favor Werdom over Brock like everyone else, and I'd also pay legit money to watch it play out in spectacular fashion for being the major kind of headline fight Brock is good for and in the process doing wonders to make everyone respect Fabricio the way they certainly should.

And if by chance Brock rocks him from guard with so much as one enormous hammer fist..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris Cyborg
    I am starting to think Amanda Nunes only brought up my name to negotiate a new deal with the UFC, like a lot of the girls she just wants to use my name to build her brand. She talks about texting Dana White and saying that she just wanted to fight again quickly and didn’t want to be in a position where she was waiting for a fight but then you look at the girl’s record and she fought one time in 2017. UFC 224 will be almost a year since her fight against Valentina [Shevchenko], a fight against a flyweight that a lot of people think she lost.
    Before I fought Holly Holm, Amanda had her coaches giving interviews saying she wanted to fight me. Immediately after the Holly Holm fight I gave her a July date and then she went quiet. You can even see the conversation between me and her girlfriend [Nina Ansaroff] on Twitter. When the UFC called me about accepting a last minute fight to save UFC 222 I asked for Amanda Nunes, but suddenly she wasn’t ready and the UFC couldn’t get her to accept the fight.

One interview Nunes will tell people she just wanted to get back into the ring and stay active and that was why she wanted the fight against me, and then in the next interview she says she needs time to put on weight before accepting a fight with me.

People need to understand my management has put a lot of time into making the fight happen already. July 7th will be six months since I beat Holly Holm and Amanda first called me out, which is plenty of time to adjust to the featherweight division. Amanda isn’t a small bantamweight, she just wasn’t successful enough at 145lbs to earn a title shot against me. When Amanda canceled her fight against Valentina, I don’t care what she says, people on her own team have told me it was from a bad weight cut and not that ‘sinus excuse’ she used to get out of the fight.

Now I’m sitting here looking at a July fight date and Amanda is set to compete at UFC 224 instead of agreeing to our fight and letting us get started with the promotion. The reality is my team has been trying to put this fight together since December and Holly Holm, and if Amanda is saying she needs even more time than July (six months) to put on weight and make this fight happen, then that tells me she has no plans of returning to bantamweight after our fight.

If Nunes plans to make this superfight happen in January, then I think she needs to just be honest with the fans and vacate the 135lbs belt because there will be girls like Ketlen Vieira who have earned their shot at the title and don’t deserve to have to wait for a year for that to happen.

If Amanda isn’t ready to go for UFC 226 in Las Vegas I have told my team I want to fight whoever is ready. I explained to my manager that if Amanda wins in Rio and then declines the fight for July that I don’t want to invest any more time into trying to make this fight happen. We can visit the fight again if Nunes decides to return to featherweight and establish herself in the division against the number one contender. The nice thing about Nunes facing Pennington in Brazil is it will give me team another opportunity to see how big of a fanbase she has in Brazil and how many PPV buys she can sell in the USA giving us a better picture of her side of the superfight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to see those two go at it and wondered what happened. This gives me a little more information at least.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Nunes using the Cyborg fight as leverage when negotiating a new contract sounds very plausible to me. When she got a new and probably better contract.. "Nah I'm good, I think I'll fight Raquel Pennington instead.."

I think she knows, just like GDR did that their chances against Cyborg are not all that great.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even my dude Mark Hammer would admit that nobody truly wants to fuck with Cyborg. I've yet to see anyone look across the cage and not look scared as fuck. Even Holly Holm and her blank stare showed fear, like the time she took a picture in between Jon Jones and Yoel Romero.

GDR is a perfect example of someone who just said fuck it here's the belt lol. That other girl, the one who took over 145 after Cyborg left Invicta, Megan? Yeah she doesn't want anything to do with Cyborg. The funny thing is, why aren't any of these women going fuck it, Cyborg's saying there's a contract, let's fucking do it. Instead you just get all this "There's nothing to be signed!" I'd be like, I don't have shit on my desk to sign but I'm going to hit up Dana and get this shit going.

But I'm serious man, it's like Bloodsport and finding out you gotta fight Chong Li. We need that Jackson type to go fuck yeah I'm going to fuck you up. Even if it's bullshit in your head, when has anyone ever truly thought they could fuck with Cyborg? Even Ronda was like "She needs to do an alien probe testing before I even contemplate about fighting her". Because she knew that what Holly wound up doing would have been like getting patted on the ass compared to Cyborg.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it'll be bum of the week for the pair of them. Two terrible divisions. Nunes will probably fight Holm after Pennington since it's a fight that's never been done. GDR can probably navigate her way to a title shot if she fancies turning up to fight soon. Cyborg can fight Zingano and McMann once they realise the path to a shot at 135 is shut. Maybe Renau gets tired of waiting and takes Cyborg instead. No interest in any of that besides Holm, with the asterix that she doesn't deserve a title shot.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They really have to scramble to come up with something remotely interesting for Cyborg. Holly Holm/GDR II in a number one contenders fight would make some sense I guess. Problem is that if GDR wins she'll probably refuse to fight Cyborg again and we're back to square one. Cyborg seems hell bent on fighting on the DC/Stipe card in July but who will she fight? Even if Nunes wins in May I seriously doubt she will fight Cyborg two months later.

Who knows what's going on with the Megan Anderson chick and why does she even deserve a crack at Cyborg besides "being a natural 145'er"? 8-2 and she lost to the only fighter who's name I recognize on her record. Maybe Kunitskaya was no world beater but at least she KO'd the same "name fighter" Megan Anderson lost to.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Darren Till vs. TBA is the main event for the UFC's first ever event in Liverpool on May 27.

UFC Fight Night 130

Darren Till vs. opponent TBA (Masvidal or Wonderboy is rumored)
    Tom Breese vs. Daniel Kelly
    Trevor Smith vs. Elias Theodorou
    Last edited by OD50; March 16th, 2018 at 4:02 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's that then for Werdum and Manuwa's title hopes. Both too old to get back in the hunt, neither looked any good tonight. Manuwa with his usual lack of head movement, Werdum with his cardio and general gameplan. Quite impressed with Volkov though - very composed, and once he knew Werdum was tiring he made sure to hurt his morale a bit by playing on the ground, fully in control. That drew the pressure from Werdum that led to the counter shots and eventual knockout. I will say this though, if there's anybody in the top 10 that I think they could get Black Beast a title shot by beating it's now him - he's good, but susceptible to a big shot and not really a grappling threat. Chuck that on the Cormier/Stipe card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked both the co main and main event today. Good match ups. Yes Werdum is 40 but maybe with the right match ups he could get on a win streak and eventually get a title shot. Problem is that if the champ is Stipe, Cormier or Volkov I don't see him having much of a chance against anyone of them. Hell we saw today what Volkov did to him. Probably end the same way if they fought again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    USADA Manuwa? Maybe it's just me but he didn't look nearly as jacked or imposing as I remember from the Gus fight for example. Maybe it's just more difficult getting them special supplements here in Sweden.. I think his boxing looked a lot worse as well.

Looking at Volkov's success (six straight?) and the fairly stale HW division I'm thinking that the UFC really should try to sign Vitaly Minakov, 21-0 and he smashed Volkov in round 1 of their Bellator fight. I don't think Minakov is signed to Bellator anymore, not sure though.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe Manuwa has just always been shite ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe Manuwas next fight will be awesome after he has time to reflect on how not normal he was in this fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OD50's go to for anyone that loses 1 fight is "USADA?" lol . Seriously brother you even questioned Cat's loss as possibly a USADA situation.

No. Some guys just turn 35-40 in a sport like MMA and start to lose. Plus it's 205. Maybe 5 guys in the last 10 years have been truly dominant. It's been a very competitive division, but it lacks the depth of 155-170 for example.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Manuwa looked a lot softer physically than he did versus Gus, rewatched the fight just to make sure. But yes that was in 2014, he's 38 now and out of his physical prime. Three bad KO losses is never a good thing either. His striking technique looked a lot sloppier than it used to in this fight though, maybe that's from him training here in Sweden as of late.

I guess in the USADA era MMA is more than ever a young mans sport. Guys like Vitor, Hendo, Couture etc was competitive despite hovering around and over 40 back in the TRT era.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Cormier is 39 and I don't see a single dude at LHW who can fuck with him. If pizza and jelly donuts were on the USADA list he'd be fucked lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Age is slightly more forgiving the higher the weight class you are in, especially at HW. Around 40 is still when you see quite the decline for HW's, Big Nog, Fedor and Roy Nelson for example, the jury is still out on Werdum (40) and Reem (almost 38) I guess. We'll see how they look when returning from those bad KO losses.

I see that DC actually turned 39 today, happy birthday to him. If he's true to his word he will retire in March of 2019 though.

Anyone know how to edit Wikipedia btw? I noticed that the Reem loss is strangely missing from JDS record.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age is slightly more forgiving the higher the weight class you are in, especially at HW. Around 40 is still when you see quite the decline for HW's, Big Nog, Fedor and Roy Nelson for example, the jury is still out on Werdum (40) and Reem (almost 38) I guess. We'll see how they look when returning from those bad KO losses.

I see that DC actually turned 39 today, happy birthday to him. If he's true to his word he will retire in March of 2019 though.

Anyone know how to edit Wikipedia btw? I noticed that the Reem loss is strangely missing from JDS record.
    Look for the "edit" tabs.

I also noticed they left off the 3rd Cain fight.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Cormier is 39 and I don't see a single dude at LHW who can fuck with him. If pizza and jelly donuts were on the USADA list he'd be fucked lol.
    With or without peds Jones has his number.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With or without peds Jones has his number.
    I should have noted active fighters. Jones' future is still up in the air and he might not be back for a few years. So other than Jon Jones...nobody fucks with DC.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oezdemir vs. Shogun in Chile in May. Hate that fight for Rua.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Oezdemir vs. Shogun in Chile in May. Hate that fight for Rua.
    what is a good fight for Rua? a guy who is going to wrestle and kick his ass? or a guy who will stand and bang which is supposed to be Rua's strong point?

lets be honest. pretty much any fight for Rua is shit at this point. At least if he can somehow beat Oezdemir it can put a fake facade that his career has some resurgence

with that said, Rua probably gets KO'd in 1 or 2

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fake facade if Shogun beats the guy who just fought for the championship?? He hasn't even fought Cormier before, so you never know man, can't count out Shogun, too tough and unpredictable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe anyonee hasn't said Shogun should retire. He can't beat anyone really that credible I don't think and hasn't beaten anyone credible in many years. Yes he's s on a win streak right now but that's against a quite old Little Nog, not that great Corey Anderson and Gian Villante lol. He is about 50/50 on his wins and losses since losing the title too.
    Last edited by Droid; March 22nd, 2018 at 3:46 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pretty sure you can find people who've said they'd prefer to see Shogun hang em up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LHW is a tough division and not very many these days get on a good win streak. Guys like Jon Jones are Jon Jones because of what they do. They don't trade wins with everyone like 90% of the divisions above 170 do. So when you do get a guy on a 3-4 fight winning streak at MW, LHW, or HW, that's pretty damn good imo I don't care who it's against. As the song goes "What's in a name? Not a god damn thing" when 4oz gloves are all that separates you from getting your head drilled.

I mean , looking at Shogun's record the only real loss that I would laugh at would be his loss to Chael. Choked out with 10 seconds left in the first and the way it happened was very Tito Ortiz-Ryan Bader-ish. Out of nowhere like wtf that should not have happened lol.

Other than that, his losses were to guys that I see no shame in losing to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the Jon Jones fight he was 19-4. He's 6-5 since.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    He's on a three fight win streak though, so at least he deserves to get another semi-big fight. What if he should beat Volkan? That would make him a top contender again, crazy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Not if it's a fake facade win.

Whatever the fuck that means.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    No idea.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe @Droid meant "fluke"? Like smoke and mirrors, or like the WWE?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Maybe @Droid meant "fluke"? Like smoke and mirrors, or like the WWE?
    That was Sped.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess there's an argument that Volkan simply isn't very good. Manuwa and Cirkunov were good wins at that point, and emphatic, but are those guys actually any good?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically if you don't beat Jones or Cormier it doesn't matter. I'd like to throw Gus' name in but he barely fights. So he could come back and armbarred in a minute and then the excuses of his back, ring rust, kick in. Then HE has to go and beat Cormier and/or Jones.

Even the names are considered washed up. Look at @Spedizzo comment about Shogun. He's on a 3 fight winning streak, that's really good for LHW, even better for a guy who people wrote off pretty much the second he tapped to Forrest Griffin (God I miss him). Some fans are just not satisfied enough.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to figure it out maybe? don't take everything in the literal sense? stop being twat on a message board that has 20 active posters?

Shogun isn't a relevant fighter anymore and any MMA fan knows he has too much mileage. Even if Shogun were to knock out Volkan (who already shown in himself that he isn't in DC's class), it would be seen by most as a fluke. UFC won't give him a title run. Look at what they did to Arlovski and his little comeback

anyone who wants to see Shogun vs. DC or Shogun vs. Jon Jones again is kidding themself. It would be man vs child
    Last edited by Spedizzo; March 23rd, 2018 at 2:11 PM.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically if you don't beat Jones or Cormier it doesn't matter. I'd like to throw Gus' name in but he barely fights. So he could come back and armbarred in a minute and then the excuses of his back, ring rust, kick in. Then HE has to go and beat Cormier and/or Jones.

Even the names are considered washed up. Look at @Spedizzo comment about Shogun. He's on a 3 fight winning streak, that's really good for LHW, even better for a guy who people wrote off pretty much the second he tapped to Forrest Griffin (God I miss him). Some fans are just not satisfied enough.
    I have no problem with Shogun vs. Volkan and am not commenting on his winning streak. But I just don't see him as a viable threat in the division or a legitimate fighter anymore. The guys he beat are really shit and he didn't look amazing in the fights. His biggest one out of all of them is a split decision against Corey Anderson who is pretty much in a loser-leaves-town-match

Even if he beat Volkan and they gave him a title shot I wouldn't complain, I just wouldn't be thrilled about it and don't believe he has a chance in hell

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try to figure it out maybe? don't take everything in the literal sense? stop being twat on a message board that has 20 active posters?

Shogun isn't a relevant fighter anymore and any MMA fan knows he has too much mileage. Even if Shogun were to knock out Volkan (who already shown in himself that he isn't in DC's class), it would be seen by most as a fluke. UFC won't give him a title run. Look at what they did to Arlovski and his little comeback

anyone who wants to see Shogun vs. DC or Shogun vs. Jon Jones again is kidding themself. It would be man vs child
    What did they do to Arlovski? He was on a 4 fight winning streak, lost to Stipe who went on to challenge for the title. Plus HW was kind of in limbo with Cain and Werdum pussyfooting around with injuries so it wasn't like they were trying to prevent him from facing the champ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did they do to Arlovski? He was on a 4 fight winning streak, lost to Stipe who went on to challenge for the title. Plus HW was kind of in limbo with Cain and Werdum pussyfooting around with injuries so it wasn't like they were trying to prevent him from facing the champ.
    After going on a 4 fight win streak in heavyweight he should have gotten the title shot. It's hard to win 4 fights in a row in any division but especially in heavyweight. Obviously others have done it but it doesn't happen that often.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After going on a 4 fight win streak in heavyweight he should have gotten the title shot. It's hard to win 4 fights in a row in any division but especially in heavyweight. Obviously others have done it but it doesn't happen that often.
    I agree but it's not exactly uncommon for someone to have more than 3-4 wins before getting a title shot. Francis was on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC before he got his. Werdum was on a 5 fight winning streak before he got his against Cain.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arlovski was on a 6 fight winning streak, 4 fight winning streak in the UFC after what looked like a career ressurgence. It is comparable to Shogun's situation. On paper Arlovski absolutey "deserved" a title shot, but everyone deep down knew his streak was against either fighters on their way out or via lucky KOs.

He started facing legitimate HWs after his loss to Stipe and I think went on a 4 or 5 losing streak.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree but it's not exactly uncommon for someone to have more than 3-4 wins before getting a title shot. Francis was on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC before he got his. Werdum was on a 5 fight winning streak before he got his against Cain.
    I am not sure what the arguments here even are... Do you consider Shogun a legitimate threat in the division? Any wrestler can grapplefuck him into eternity, and he can be knocked out on any given night by anyone. The guy is a warrior and his best years are behind him. The days at Chute Box Academy, wars in pride, UFC... I just hope he preserves his brain at this point. He is already a HOFer.

My original point made was his 3 fight winning streak is not impressive to me, and even if he were to somehow beat Volkan, I still wouldn't be impressed - but I would be happy. I actually like Shogun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no lucky KO's at HW. It's a dangerous division where very few can rack up winning streaks like Arlovski, Francis, and Werdum were able to accomplish. So does that mean Francis didn't deserve a title shot even though he murdered the same people Stipe has? Is Stipe a paper champion?

Mugs win and that's what matters. You like Shogun yet you are just shitting on him, makes sense. When people say shit like, even if he beats the guy who just challenged for the belt, it's a facade. That's ridiculous. When Robbie Lawler came back to the UFC, everyone was writing him off. Oh he has no ground game, he'll get subbed, blah blah blah. Turns out this 2nd run was incredible and made him a legend.

Shogun could very well beat Volkan, and go on to beat Cormier. Cormier's 40, he's great but he's been in it for awhile at a high level and his time will come again where he gets put to sleep or TKO'd or defeated in general. Will it be Shogun? Who knows. It's a tough division, just because the big names are old and gone doesn't mean that it turned into a bunch of shitty fighters because you don't know them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Francis shouldn't have had to win that many but he was an unkown in the UFC trying to make a name fkr himself. Arlovski is a former UFC heavyweight champ. That should have made that fight happen.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

You're saying if Shogun were to beat Volkan then it must be a facade, yet in the year.

Good shit, bud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Francis shouldn't have had to win that many but he was an unkown in the UFC trying to make a name fkr himself. Arlovski is a former UFC heavyweight champ. That should have made that fight happen.
    Arlovski was HW champion almost 15 years ago and his defenses weren't exactly beasts other than Tim Sylvia, who he lost to anyway. I do agree, Arlovski shouldn't have had to rack up that many wins, same with Werdum, especially when all Stipe did was beat Mark Hunt.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're saying if Shogun were to beat Volkan then it must be a facade, yet in the year.

Good shit, bud.
    no. If Shogun were to beat Volkan it would just strengthen a facade. on paper he is worthy of top 2 fights/title fight because he "won 3-4 in a row", but anyone who has eyes and has seen his fights knows he is a shell of his former shell. Jones or DC versus Shogun in 2018 shouldn't be sactioned by an athletic commission.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Reports all over the place that Ferguson is out of 223.

Max Holloway to step in and fight Khabib for the 155 title.

Fwiw Dana has said this is no April fools bs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Also according to Dana now Ferguson will lose his Interim Champ status once this fight takes place.

And his response to possibly booking Tony/Khabib for a 5th time was, 'hell no'.

This is a bit maddening.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya it blows. Ferguson wasn't even training when he got injured if I remember correctly. Holloway is very good and on a 12 fight win streak but he's going to get owned by Khabib.