User Tag List

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones *TV Spoilers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had me hooked right after I saw a dwarf in a whorehouse.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. The only problem I have is...

Other than that I thought everything was near perfect.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Miotch View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. The only problem I have is...

Other than that I thought everything was near perfect.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was fucking awesome. The casting bods have done some great work there. As mentioned Viserys is perfect and although they didn't feature much Theon and Joffrey look like the utter cunts they should be.

The 'things I do for love' scene was brilliantly done. And Dany, Jesus Christ she is stunning.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think the climbing thing looked a bit camp. I loved the Dothraki wedding rape scene though. So carnal. So perfect.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Joffrey is a right cunt of a looking character. Excellent casting. I really enjoy the casting of everyone so far. Although I always imagined Robb to be a little more...assuming, not sure if that's what I really want to say, but he didn't stand out as much as I thought he would. Also Sansa is just as annoying as I thought she would be. Loving it. I hope people love it too so that we can get all the books done in this format.

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up until last night I have never heard of this show or the books it is based on, So I really wasnt sure what to expect.

While I was confused at times, It was pretty amazing! I went to HBO.com to read up on the series, the characters, the synopsis, and the environment. And after just one episode and a little bit of research, I am extremely intrigued to read these books. And that is incredible as I hate reading!

Greatly looking forward to watching this series grow

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Definitely read the books.

The first episode did so well by the book, minus those little things that are always going to come up among fans as mentioned in this thread, that I wish The Lord of the Rings had been given a similar treatment as opposed to the big screen.

Now of course as it expands I'm sure there are going to be things that grow more and more apart from the books, but having Martin on board with the creation of the series eases my fears with that. Sure, I'll bet even he'll give in on some things for the adaptation, which is inevitable, but having the author there who is so gun-ho in his overseeing of his vision can only be a great thing.

Game of Thrones is what, 500 pages (forget the count)? And it's being given 10 hours.

Imagine if Fellowship of the Ring were given that sort of treatment?

Can you imagine?

CAN YOU IMAGINE?

And if Tolkien were resurrected from the grave and overseeing it?

Oh, fuck me sideways. I've just made myself angrier over the LotR films, and didn't think that was possible.

But anyway, back to Game of Thrones, it's fantastic thus far.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Last edited by Alf; April 19th, 2011 at 5:00 AM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    One thing I worry about though. *DON'T READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE FIRST BOOK*

By the way have we seen Hodor yet or has Hodor even been cast?

And Ice is one badass motherfucking sword.

Alf
    So... HBO apparently envisige this as a 10-12 year run, covering all the books. They don't want to try and make is a 1 season = 1 book thing either.

Apparently the first season is a slow burn like a lot of HBO shows. It has some immense eps and few drab ones.

(this is from the guy who started off as the editor and now runs their digital rushes department for Thrones).

It'll be interesting if they keep the A Game Of Thrones title for each season... I think they probably will.

Alf
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    One thing I worry about though. *DON'T READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE FIRST BOOK*

By the way have we seen Hodor yet or has Hodor even been cast?

And Ice is one badass motherfucking sword.
    Not a chance.

Intercontinental Champion Zyphlin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Hodor was cast. He was the very very large person standing with all the Starks and Winterfell folk when the King's entourage arrived. Had grayish black hair

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was pretty good I thought. Why does every fantasy series require a wolf.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that it was excellent. Really enjoyed it and didnt find it too difficult to follow at all.

Can I make a suggestion/request? Could we put 'Spoilers' in the title of this thread and could we then discuss anything that happened WITHIN the episode of the week openly within this thread (and everyone knows not to come into the thread until they have seen that week's episode) and then anything pertaining to an upcoming episode spoiler, or a book spoiler, can we fit within a marked spoiler? I dont know about anyone else but with myself I havent read the book and dont know much about it but I'm worried about reading something that suggests what might be coming up or worse not know whether I should be clicking a spoiler because it talks about things within the episode I've just seen, or not clicking it because its to do with something in the book that I shouldnt be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    So... HBO apparently envisige this as a 10-12 year run, covering all the books. They don't want to try and make is a 1 season = 1 book thing either.

Apparently the first season is a slow burn like a lot of HBO shows. It has some immense eps and few drab ones.

(this is from the guy who started off as the editor and now runs their digital rushes department for Thrones).

It'll be interesting if they keep the A Game Of Thrones title for each season... I think they probably will.

That would be fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HBO just extended it for a 2nd season.

Total Viewers on Sunday appears to be a bit over 4 million between the three airings, with the premier getting 2.2 million. While this was less than last years Boardwalk Empire, it was also going up against the NBA playoffs (Boston vs New York specifically) as well as had a worse lead in (Mildred Peirce as compared to true blood I believe). Indeed, the 2.2 million actually was more than double what Peirce's viewership was in the hour before (1 million). Not bad.
    Last edited by Zyphlin; April 19th, 2011 at 3:52 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem will be how many drop off over the course of the season, which tends to happen with big multi-strand narrative ensembles. However, HBO hasnt really been a network to drop shows that are critically successful just because they arent necessarily profitable. I'd bet that this is going to make a small fortune on box set. It just depends how much it costs to make it as to how long it'll be allowed to continue I'd suggest.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Enjoyed the first episode. Good start. Some interesting characters developing already.

I've heard mixed things about the books but I feel compelled to pick up the first one now. Definitely fancy a bit of fantasy right now.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the problem with the books for me has always been that I hate how Martin writes and the 800 year break between books.

The series effectively removes those issues and leaves us with the really, really compelling story and mythology. So i'm in 100%.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yep, exactly.

Martin's writing style is irrelevant when it comes to this series.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post

So you're saying the show will finish up right around the time the last book is released.

Wonderful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to profitability, GoT has apparently been a major success internationally for HBO, already making up for what I've been hearing about 1/3rd of its production costs just based on that. Definitely a bonus in its favor.

And I'd highly recommend the books. As I tell anyone that picks it up...fight through for the first 100 pages. The book is hard to get into at first as the prologue is hugely different than everything you read right after it, and you get thrown so many characters and bits of history with no context that it falls flat. However, once it picks up it picks up QUICK and all those things that seemed flat begin to show enormous depth.

But yeah, if you start reading you'll get to make it through book 5 which comes out in June....and then have to wait an age and a half for the next one. My only hope is with the HBO series it lights a fire under his ass (or under his publisher to light one under him) to get them out a bit quicker

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought 5 was going to be the last book.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed the first episode a lot. I'm in for the season.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought 5 was going to be the last book.
    I think there are going to be seven. On his blog he said that he wrote half of the last book while writing this latest one.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin has apparently said that the first season WILL be the entirety of Game of Thrones, and as far as we're aware...

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That's a book spoiler for those who want to know. Although I imagine that will be the custom. Anything in the book under a spoiler although even those should probably be marked by which book you had to read to as an example

Spoiler from the Third Book so don't read Mitch and anyone who hasn't read the 3rd book

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to watching the first episode. They do really well to introduce that large amount of main characters and all the relationships. I've read some people say it was a little slow (and reviews seem to say it's the weakest of the opening 6 episodes) but it's pretty much paced the same as any other HBO (or AMC) series.

I liked it, they did well and I want to know what happens next. Though I can do without the cliffhanger as I feels the kid will survive with his dog's help. (I haven't really bothered with the names yet, and I pretty much nickname all the characters until they smack me over the head with their real names)

Not having read the books I'd have to agree with Mik on the idea that book spoilers be spoilered (as well as upcoming episodes). Perhaps with the type of spoiler they are, and episodes which have aired in the US are fair game.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; April 20th, 2011 at 9:49 AM.

Alf
    Yep, agreed about spoilers. I love this series and I don't want any of you getting something spoiled. There is some great stuff coming up.

So. We should mark book spoilers and show spoilers. And yes, we should stick to the LOST convention of if it has aired in the states it is free reign for discussion out of spoilers. So any UK nob that ploughs in on a Monday morning can't whinge.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Enjoyed the first episode. Good start. Some interesting characters developing already.

I've heard mixed things about the books but I feel compelled to pick up the first one now. Definitely fancy a bit of fantasy right now.
    It is so nerdy that cheeto dust and mountain dew essence will burst from the pages but *FOR A MODERN DAY FANTASY* it is probably the pick of them. Just be warned that Martin is a grotesque fat nerd so hes going to slide in a lot of things nerds are into like rape.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE rape.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Finished A Feast of Crows today.

Spoiler about it

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feast For Crows Spoiler Possibly.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely superb episode that one imo.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spoiler for the books

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you read the books then P-Dizzle?

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I surely have. Its not that bad and Martin does a lot of things right and he isn't afraid to subvert the genre a bit.

I have found the TV show more gripping but I don't like the over the top examples of telling not showing you get in fantasy. I prefer my prose to be less descriptive. If a paragraph starts talking about food or a group of people in the book you can probably just skip an entire page.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little thing, but I absolutely loved the Hounds delivery of the "he ran" line.

Arya chasing off the dire wolf managed to be almost as gutting as in the book. I don't know why, but that's about the only scene in a book that had me feeling just horrible reading. Maybe I just got a soft spot for dogs and pets.

I wanted to Smack Joffery simply based on his looks last episode. The moment he spoke it increased ten fold. So watching Tyrion smack him around and him whimper like a little girl was absolutely outstanding and I literally laughed out loud at the sound.

Enjoyed the episode. You can't have every one end with the cliff hanger like the first, but all in all it wrapped itself up nicely. Question about the first book though.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved it. Superbly done. I am incredibly shocked at how closely they're following things.

The only minor difference I can come up with (and correct me if I'm wrong) from the book was

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think you're right about the spoiler Mitch.

Because
    Book spoiler

Edit: Just checked and we were both wrong. They did go together
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; April 25th, 2011 at 3:12 PM.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Eh, whatever. It's been a while since I read the beginning of book 1.

I'm about 3/4 the way through Clash of Kings. Shit is getting really good.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Ben takes him to the Wall because they have a talk or two up there.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELL THATS ME SORTED ISNT IT THEN

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THAT'S RIGHT BITCH SUCK IT

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels more like a proposition than an insult coming from you and frankly it makes me a bit uncomfortable

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i'm really ugly it may very well be both, actually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AGOT Spoiler

Entire Book Series spoilers
    Last edited by Zyphlin; April 25th, 2011 at 4:35 PM.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Book Spoiler

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Book Spoiler

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man this thread is frustrating.

Loved the second episode, hate Joffrey.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mik are you reading the book?

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joffrey is a little shit and he is just going to get worse. You are going to want to climb through your telly and kill him yourself in a few weeks time. Trust me.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MAYBE we should follow somethingawfuls approach and have a second thread dedicated entirely for the TV show ??? with a no spoiler rule besides what has aired in the US.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me point out some lovely imagery which I don't think spoils much. The Dire Wolf is the sigil of House Stark. Each of the Stark children has a Dire Wolf including Jon (who has an albino one rather than the grey ones on the sigil)

The first child of the Starks to lose their dire wolf is Sasha. Perhaps some interesting foreshadowing

Also the original dire wolf was killed by a stag. The stag being the symbol of

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mik are you reading the book?
    Nope. They are too long for me to even think about at the moment whilst I've got The Dark Tower series to get through and also a work book club I'm in. Perhaps when I'm finish the King books I might, but I am kind of hoping that the TV show does as good as job as I'll need for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cash View Post
    I think MAYBE we should follow somethingawfuls approach and have a second thread dedicated entirely for the TV show ??? with a no spoiler rule besides what has aired in the US.
    Might be a good idea. Its making this thread difficult because almost ALL of the discussion so far is involving book spoilers and they arent marked saying roughly which book or when the spoiler is from, or when an episode covers what is under the spoiler. So the actual discussion about the TV show is stifled at the moment and I'm worried about opening any of the spoilers in case the TV show hasnt covered it yet.

Alf
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Eh, whatever. It's been a while since I read the beginning of book 1.

I'm about 3/4 the way through Clash of Kings. Shit is getting really good.
    THANKS ALF.

You and Mik need to listen to me more often. He is loving Dark Tower and you are loving ASOIAF.

Alf
    The latest ep was good. That chat between Robert and Ned was ace. Arya is absolutely perfectly cast and I reckon she'll be well fit when she'd older.

Joffrey is a right cunt.

I like Illyn Payne as well. They got the haunted look down perfectly.

I always imagined the hound as older... don't know why.

Fucking love Daenerys. I want to fill her womb up with my special reggae reggae sauce.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was incredibly aroused during the scene where the hot young blonde lass was learning how to give her horse-lord warrior forced husband some sweet loving by the dynamite hot lass that used to be on Hollyoaks, as well as the resulting nights passion. Christ.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel as though a separate thread for book and series is just going to end all book talk all together.

JUST MARK YOUR SPOILERS PEOPLE

As far as casting goes they've pretty much nailed everyone. I feel that Sansa is a bit old for the part, but other than that, I don't think there's a misstep. Cersi is probably the best cast of everyone though.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of Ned, of course.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Ned as great in the book as he is on the screen? I get a feeling that without the portrayal from Bean he could easily be somewhat of a dull goody-two-shoes character without a great characterisation.

I always find myself walking down the 'Who would win in a fight' lines if they were all to fight. At the moment I'd rank the horse lord warrior top, but I reckon that Ned would be able to take everyone else. I get the feeling that Mark Addy's character used to be a hardcase when he was younger, but now he's just a big fat fucker.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. He's just as incredible. It also doesn't hurt that for whatever reason when I was reading the book I just pictured him as Sean Bean. This was before I even found out that they were making the series too. It is literally just perfect.

The Hound would be a good shout in terms of who would win in a fight.

I can't wait for (very minor book spoiler here, you could click this and not actually have it ruin anything significant)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is 'The Hound' the one who captured the little butcher lad last episode? Said that he didnt run fast enough? If so, I reckon that Ned could take him.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's The Hound. Ned might be able to, but he's a pretty fierce mother fucker.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alf
    I think Bean has added a lot more emotion to the man. The way he got choked up when he promised Jon he'd talk about his mother next time they saw eachother was very well done.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bean is portraying him as a more insightful guy than he was in the books. Book Ned is in over his head when it comes to anything even remotely political for a good long stretch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Bean not a bigger deal in movies? He is by a wide distance the best actor on that show in the first two episodes. Peter Dinklage has been excellent too so far.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinklage is actually phenomenal, and I imagine he'll only get better. The calculating, highly intelligent dwarf is one of the better characters in the whole series.

Carcetti from The Wire will play a phenomenal Littlefinger too. Cannot wait to see him this week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the casting all being spot on so far. I couldn't really ask for better, especially on some of my favorites. And Sansa, for what they aged them up in the show, isn't that far off. She's meant to be 13 in the show and I believe the actor is 14.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets face it this series will run for three seasons, be cancelled because its too expensive, go to DVD and sell really well, get re-released as a special directors cut version with loads of specials

Before GRRM even writes another three chapters.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the other day that I read this when I WAS IN HIGHSCHOOL. I am nearly 30 now. What the hell are you doing GRRM.

I read a game of thrones like 15 years ago. A storm of swords came out when I was 18 and starting to get out of fantasy a bit but I still read a feast for crows out of loyalty to the series. (the 5 years later it came out). The afterwards of that book basically apologises for how shitty the novel is and how it focuses on lame characters nobody gives a fuck about and does not advance the plot in anyway by saying HAY GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE HALF A BOOK WRITTEN.

That was 6 years ago.

I mean he was pushing the friendship then but I will be a 30 year old man reading a book series I started reading as a 15 year old immature nerd. JUST PUBLISH THE LAST BOOK SO WE CAN GET OUR LIVES IN ORDER.

EDIT

I personally think he has just written himself into a corner. The book series is renowned for the fact it turns the tropes of fantasy around. Yet the two characters he quite clearly loves the most (besides tyrion and i am sure he has a huge folder in his house marked DWARF COME BACKS where he jots down the wittiest things he thinks of) are Jon Snow and Daenarys yet both of them have such cliche end games. Jon being revealed as (the following arent necessarily spoilers but it is speculating about things people may not have reached in the books yet
    Last edited by Pete Cash; April 27th, 2011 at 9:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a strange series because I get the impression we are supposed to hate Catelyn Stark. Yes she is annoying because she is written that way but it isn't as if she was wrong with her nagging of Robb. Yes she does some dumb shit but I don't know why GRRM wants us to hate her.

There are times where we are supposed to be sympathetic towards the Targs but they were a bunch of jerks. Yes the narrators are often incredibly biased against the Targs so maybe it is just an unreliable narrator thing going on but GRRM quite clearly likes the Targs and I often get the feeling they are well....in his opinion the good guys.

I could be wrong but even as a kid that was what I found hardest to read about the books and in many ways they were the books that made me widen my choice in reading because of stuff like that. The fact that it is so morally ambiguous. Even if the Targs are a bunch of creepy inbred rapists.

EDIT

The HBO series has done more to excite me in finding out what will happen in this series than anything GRRM has pulled out since the year 2000.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently A Dance With Dragons IS coming out on July 12th of this year, and that's according to the publisher and not Martin.

So there's that, at least.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Whoa whoa. About Pete's first set of spoilers...

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; April 27th, 2011 at 2:37 PM.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SPOILERS ARE IN THIS LINK

and it is about time he has finished it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cash View Post
    Lets face it this series will run for three seasons, be cancelled because its too expensive, go to DVD and sell really well, get re-released as a special directors cut version with loads of specials

Before GRRM even writes another three chapters.

I would be utterly amazed if it ran for more than a few seasons. I think that HBO is probably the only channel where it could.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; April 28th, 2011 at 8:21 PM. Reason: gah use spoiler tags

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude what the fuck use spoiler tags

Alf
    Can a mod spoiler tag that please. Seeing as that fuck stick is too stupid too.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Fucking Christ what are you doing semi-spoiling one of the biggest events in the series.

Will a Mod Please spoil that, and then also slap him with a trout.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad that I started reading that and just skimmed it figuring that it'd be spoilers.

I guess the guy is fairly new and probably doesnt know the system.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Don't know how and honestly, I tried to be as vague as possible. Please most of you were going spoilers then shit in the book. But, the mods got me, so happy days for you uptight nerds.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sympathetic protection of you has dissipated.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that Alan Ruck that met Lady Stark when she arrived ???

Nah .. doesn't seem to be. Looks a lot like him though. Madness.
    Last edited by Dubya; May 2nd, 2011 at 1:33 PM.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved episode 3, but I'm guessing a lot of you will feel like it was just filler?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was a fucking excellent episode. Loads of character development and allusions, some foreshadowing. Great stuff.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I thought it was a great episode. Good to see the princess realizing the power she is coming into in this tribe .. loved when the dude grabbed her brother with the whip. I liked how they ended with the little one learning to swordfight. Was a great episode. I love shows like this with the slow-build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded the first book.

mouth breather
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised and happy to see Aidan Gillen (Mayor Carcetti from The Wire) having a part on the show. I had no clue he was Irish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't recognize that the Queen was Queen Gorgo from 300.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was also Sarah Connor from the Terminator television series.

Alf
    That was a quality episode of television.

I'm surprised how much they are packing into these episodes whilst still keeping the pace gentle and forboding.

I can't belive how much they've nailed certain characters. Jon Snow is spot on... he is so likeable yet not having done much yet. Tyrion is perfectly cast, but I'm really impressed with Arya. She's a cracking little actress.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've fucking won Alf, okay? You've won. Once I'm finished The Dark Tower I'm going to start on Game of Thrones.

You owe me big for this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little spoilerific question about that actually:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Really enjoying this so far chaps.