User Tag List

Thread: The Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

The Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Quite like this. Only discovered the Smiths because this girl I liked really was into them. Only song I think I heard prior to that was How Soon Is Now? and I never knew who sang it. I bougt a box set about four or five years ago now of all the Smiths albums and the songs are just so catchy I can't help but smile.

Morrissey's solo stuff is good too. I like Bona Drag and Viva Hate the best. Ouija Board is a good tune to check out, it was the first Morrissey solo song I ever heard.

Anyway Morrissey has a new album out today and I'm hoping to get it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrisey was someone who I had heard about here and there from older friends of mine. What actually made me go and listen to Smiths/Morrissey was the Deftones cover of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want". I've found that some bands have reallly look to others via covers. Perfect example? Nirvana's cover of Bowie's "Man Who Sold The World" Prior to that I maybe knew 1 or 2 songs IF THAT and mainly knew Bowie from Labryinth lol. So I bought this 2-disc Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie CD from BMG (remember that shit!?) and I wasn't a fan haha. I respect his art but I just couldn't get into it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wife LOVES them. I'm cool with them in SMALL doses. Very good shit indeed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Morrisey was someone who I had heard about here and there from older friends of mine. What actually made me go and listen to Smiths/Morrissey was the Deftones cover of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want". I've found that some bands have reallly look to others via covers. Perfect example? Nirvana's cover of Bowie's "Man Who Sold The World" Prior to that I maybe knew 1 or 2 songs IF THAT and mainly knew Bowie from Labryinth lol. So I bought this 2-disc Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie CD from BMG (remember that shit!?) and I wasn't a fan haha. I respect his art but I just couldn't get into it.
    The Deaftones cover is really pretty great.

The Smiths are one of my favourite bands. They have got me through some tough times and remind me of some of the best nights of my life.

Morrisey's solo stuff is a bit more hit and miss. The new song is fucking dire.
    TAPS AFF!

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    The Deaftones cover is really pretty great.

The Smiths are one of my favourite bands. They have got me through some tough times and remind me of some of the best nights of my life.

Morrisey's solo stuff is a bit more hit and miss. The new song is fucking dire.
    I had a tape of some Morrisey solo stuff that a girl who worked with my mom gave me for some odd reason and I just wasn't feeling it at all. The Smiths I can get into, the music is on point.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's y'alls favorite song? It's gotta be Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, Girlfriend in a Coma, or This Charming Man for me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Smiths - There is a light that never goes out, Hand in Glove, Frankly Mr Shankly and William, it was really nothing.

Morrissey - Suedehead, The more you ignore me the closer i get, First of the Gang to die,
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen him morrissey a few times as my ex was a big fan. He got progressively worse live as he was playing more and more of his new stuff and less and less of his old.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I know it will never ever happen but i would give up everything for a smiths tour.

I gave up on Morrissey live after his last tour. I completely agree with Mik saying it has just got worse and worse.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus he’s a massive tosser.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    There is also that. The lyrics to his latest track are complete shit. His politics leave something to be desired as well.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember when he was clapping when a matador was killed by a bull saying serves him right or something. Absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Morrissey would be: Ouija Board, Ouija Board, America's Not The World, The Never Played Symphonies, and Let Me Kiss YOu