Episode 2:

Episode 3:

nice docu-series going on to kick off Corgan's NWA revival. I'm diggin it

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim Storm looks like that "Bulldog" Bob Brown dude that Storm and Cyrus are always talking about on the Killing The Town Podcast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome video. They understand characters and emotion.

No joke, I'd put the strap on Cody Rhodes, not for a year or anything but I'd give him a few month run. Rhodes can work with anybody.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    First thing they should do is get themselves a new ring, I have a hard time taking any company seriously that uses those tiny ones, looks little league'ish. The WCW sized ring is ok (8x8?) and would be better for the smaller venues they'll run than the pretty massive WWE (10x10?) I suppose.

Would love a rebooted NWA to have some success though. I'm getting pretty desperate for some actual professional wrestling these days, 2017 sports entertainment isn't my cup of tea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how I’d go about it. LA and NY area is where the money, people, and sponsors are at. I’d put the show on Netflix, as it’s easiest place to get an audience. So, build a big following until you can bargain for a deal. And they definitely need to get the belt on someone else fast. I've never seen a Tim Storm match, but a 55 year old no name champion isn't a good look for a relaunch.

Cody would’ve been a fantastic choice if he hadn't just got locked down to ROH. He’s got a great look and is only 32 years old while being a big name due to his time in WWE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NWA can bring in Eli Drake and make him their new champion. Maybe they can partner with TNA/Impact/GFW/Global Force Impact Extreme/whatever they're calling it this week.

Until Billy can get a good, running full-time (or semi-full time) roster going, he can use whoever he wants from the current version of the NWA and co-promote with TNAGFW on some shows. TNGFWA still has a cable deal where this version of the NWA doesn't. Granted, TNGFWA has as much cable penetration as a eunuch, but you still need to take what you can get. Any promotion helps.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Not sure Pumpkin Billy and TNA is on the best of terms though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Not sure Pumpkin Billy and TNA is on the best of terms though.
    Things might be better now that Dixie Carter has been ousted and there's competent management there now.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Things might be better now that Dixie Carter has been ousted and there's competent management there now.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Besides Billy left because Anthem were coming in no?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    In April 2015, Corgan was announced as the new Senior Producer of Creative and Talent Development for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), where his role was to "develop characters and create story lines", which he has called "a dream come true."[81][82][83][84] In August 2016, Corgan took over as the promotion's new president. In November 2016, Corgan had left TNA after disputes about not being paid on time, and subsequently, Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp and Impact Ventures, parent company of TNA Impact Wrestling, announced that Anthem has provided a credit facility to TNA to fund operations. [85] In 2016, he loaned money to Anthem Sports & Entertainment to fund TNA, and they promised to pay him back.[86][unreliable source]
    On November 11, Corgan signed a settlement with Anthem – TNA and Anthem announced that they would be repaying TNA's loan from Corgan.
    Seems the reason was that he didn't get paid and that Anthem didn't want to pay back what Billy was owed. Note that it say "unreliable source" on that one though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Noticed there was a new one of these up on Youtube.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Absolutely amazing how excited this little video series has gotten me for a match between a 50 year old history teacher and a former TNA&GFW champion. I really hope Tim Storm is good in the ring because he has earned quite a few new fans lately.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Tim Storm has a great look. I am not sure of his stats but he looks like a legit mean fucker.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Corgan was serious then he’d be looking to sign Bryan and Punk. There’s a chance Bryan goes back to wrestling, and we all know the WWE won't allow that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Episode 5. It's Go Time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Is there a specific reason for no Magnus/WWE talks? He looks like a guy Vince would like to give a look or two. Tall, pretty good looking, jacked and a decent promo/in-ring talent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    First thing they should do is get themselves a new ring, I have a hard time taking any company seriously that uses those tiny ones, looks little league'ish. The WCW sized ring is ok (8x8?) and would be better for the smaller venues they'll run than the pretty massive WWE (10x10?) I suppose.

Would love a rebooted NWA to have some success though. I'm getting pretty desperate for some actual professional wrestling these days, 2017 sports entertainment isn't my cup of tea.
    Triple H said the WWE rings are 20x20. Waaaaaay too big imo.

I'd like for a legit alternative to WWE to come along and recapture the grittiness and "realness" of old NWA but quite frankly that time has passed. The death of kayfabe (and WWE embracing the death of kayfabe) was the nail in the coffin of pro wrestling. This will be yet another indy fed that only hardcores know/care about. And the guy in the thumbnails looks well into his 40s. Is he supposed to be the centerpiece?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim Storm is 52. Been wrestling in NWA affiliate promotions for about 20 years.

He's basically been the only guy loyal to the NWA this whole time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE seems stagnant right now. It doesn't seem to matter much what they do with storylines, so that's why they don't care. Any quality wrestler they bring in to NXT who makes a mark dies on the main roster. I'll catch a highlight or two on YouTube if I hear something exciting happen, but I haven't watched an episode of RAW or SmackDown in years now. If there was a time for a money mark to step up and try to get something going on a streaming service or something, now would be it. Can you imagine starting a brand new promotion with Bryan and Punk right off their WWE runs? Poaching a few folks off the Impact roster (since they're moving operations to Canada). Then fill it out with a few indy names. Start with a roster of 12-15 full time guys, bring others in for short runs, and see where it goes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who watched the match? Pretty rough. Storm blew up quickly and couldn't do a whole lot. Magnus did his best but he didn't have a lot to work with. Still, got to say this was a success. Great job promoting the match. Apparently the Facebook video got almost 25,000 views. That seems like a lot for an independent NWA Title match.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Didn't Storm talk about never gassing and being the fittest guy in the dressing room, even at age 53?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loved it. Decent match, but just having people talk about it is nice. Probably the first NWA title match not at New Japan that people have watched since TNA and NWA split. Getting the eyes on the product is key now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    So who watched the match? Pretty rough. Storm blew up quickly and couldn't do a whole lot. Magnus did his best but he didn't have a lot to work with.
    Moral of the story here is don't build a pro wrestling company around a man in his 50's.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's all they've got. It's like when Larry Zbyszko was the AWA Champion forever because he was married to Verne Gagne's daughter and they knew he would never leave.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storm retaining is the right move. They need a heel to beat him and hold the belt. I have a feeling Corgan brings another guy in to do it. They need to find someone better than Aldis to beat Storm and move the company forward. The match was a little sloppy, and as much as I hate to admit this, I think most of it falls on Storm for his limited mobility and stamina. He said he hasn't gassed in ten years in those videos. The ending was brutal. The powerbomb setup spot was awkward, and the roll up was bad. Kind of a shame, as the videos leading up to it did a great job in establishing Storm...never saw him before the vignettes, and this is the opposite of selling me on him.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The fallout from this is what's key. TONS of major indie stars have tossed their hat in the ring for a shot at Storm and the NWA title. I'd love to see who dethrones him, cause I really don't see him doing more than 1 or 2 more matches as champ. I'd love to see Big Mike Elgin take it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storm’s next defense is set. And it’s vs. Josephus Brody. And boy does he cut a promo.

I remember him from when Corgan helped run Resistance Pro.
    Last edited by Venom_Axe; January 20th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. So, I caught that Tim Storm/Mike Aldis match. Not too bad. Obviously not great either. Clearly, Billy Corgan wants to book his version of the NWA with a little bit of an old-school sensibility. Tim Storm might be 53 and a school teacher, but the guy brings an oddly strong air of legitimacy for a guy who's never done anything in the majors. Obviously, Storm gassed out early and was having a Hell of a time keeping up with Aldis. But that's what happens when you're wrestling a guy who's 35 years (or more) younger. That powerbomb spot looked like warmed over ass, but the rest of the match was elementary and very simple, but good enough. This version of the "NWA" has a long way to come before its back out of rec centers and YMCA gyms. But Corgan might be able to pull it off.

Also, that dude Josephus Brody is a killer. He looks about the same age as Storm. And he's not done anything in any of the majors, but I caught a match he had and the guy can go. He's basically "YMCA gym show" Bruiser Brody. But his work is solid. He works an old-school heel style and doesn't do anything flashy. Tim Storm works a vanilla babyface style. So they might have some decent chemistry. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like how they streamed Storm vs aldis on Facebook and then Storm vs Jocephus on instagram. Great way to draw people to your social media and build those platforms rather than just taping and trying to get on tv. Here's to hoping they do Twitch and YouTube for the next defenses

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever is producing this stuff is doing a great job. Some combination of Corgan and David Lagana. I've heard Lagana get buried a lot over the years by people who worked with him but I'm really impressed with these videos.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd slap the title on Ryback swiftly. A lot of people are throwing the towel due to match quality. Next match needs to bring a big name to the table to get the mojo back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone catch the Tim Storm/Josephus Brody match?

I'm curious how Tim Storm fared against a man more his own age. I think Aldis, with or without meaning to, might have just outworked and outpaced Tim.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen the match so I can't comment, but it was universally panned, and the Instagram stream was a bad idea. Lagana said they’ll stick with Facebook and YouTube moving forward.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, this stuff has been keeping me intrigued. The matches might not have panned out yet(I think only two so far), but the build and intrigue is done so well. This last video really gives a glimpse of what this promotion could be, and there's actually a bit of self-aware humor in it! Almost reminiscent of the Broken saga. Jocephus' rant on his match with Storm is fucking great in how unhinged, hypocritical, and genuinely funny yet disconcerting he comes off as.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love this stable of guys they're building everything around. We all thought Storm was gonna immediately drop to Magnus and he'd be the guy.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I love this stable of guys they're building everything around. We all thought Storm was gonna immediately drop to Magnus and he'd be the guy.
    The best part is it feels like Billy is putting a lot of time into building up a core of relatively unknowns and he's just biding his time to drop a heavyweight star in there. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we are completely behind the roster he presents to us, a more well-known name that we love will pop in to challenge for the title.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

god yes. I'm so into this.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HIlarious stuff, yet still have an unsettling air. Jocephus feels legitimately unhinged. The Empty Arena match was probably the best in-ring output they've produced so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops between the three main players.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bram vs. Aldis would’ve struggled to main event an Impact taping.

But Aldis/Starr looks like fun. I’ve seen David Starr tear it up at What Culture Pro Wrestling/Defiant wrestling and the dude is damn solid. Should be good stuff.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on Aldis/Bram. I guess there's some history for it from TNA, but I have no excitement for it. But with the promo David Starr cut on Tim Storm, I'm very intrigued to see how that plays out. But I think if Aldis is going for this 20 defense in 60 days(or however many) schtick, it makes sense to have him defend against all comers of different skill levels. As long as the majority are against quality opponents, the few against duds won't matter. Just a shame it's the first one.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the first NWA match that delivered in a modern sense, and definitely the best Nick Aldis has looked. Second time seeing David Starr, and he has loads of talent. I'm really interested to see how Aldis' run pans out. Here's hoping the second half of his Crusade can have a few more standout names like Colt Cabana.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone hasn't seen it, you need to check out the Empty Arena match that Tim Storm had with Jocephus Brody. Such an amazing brawl.

Also, Nick Aldis had an excellent, fun little match with James Ellsworth recently, that's absolutely worth seeing.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tim Storm took an insane bump in that match, especially for a guy his age. God bless him, the guy is trying to end his career making a name for himself.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    If anyone hasn't seen it, you need to check out the Empty Arena match that Tim Storm had with Jocephus Brody. Such an amazing brawl.

Also, Nick Aldis had an excellent, fun little match with James Ellsworth recently, that's absolutely worth seeing.
    I second this statement, especially the Empty Arena match. For those interested:

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And because apparently I can only post one video per post now:

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Major props to Tim Storm, who's old enough to be my grandfather, taking that ridiculous ladder bump in that Empty Arena Match. Holy shit.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    And because apparently I can only post one video per post now:

I saw this on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood yesterday. Good match