User Tag List

Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 12324041424344527292 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Survivor Series - November 19th 2017

World Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also it's perfectly legitimate to point out how old most of WWE's top stars are. If I were the company it would be of concern to me that we're dependent on guys in their 40s to draw for us. Those guys can't/won't work full-time schedules so for most of the year we're left without our main drawing cards.

For comparison, the average age of Team Hogan at the first Survivor Series was 36 and the average age of Team Andre was 32. The only guys in the match above 40 were Ken Patera and Andre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, if that's true. I still find it hard to believe its the reason why he left.
    I think (or at least want to believe) that he got tired of being stuck in the cruiserweight division, and maybe they gave him false promises about where his character was headed, only for them to make changes last minute and go "actually, we cant move you onto the US title scene any more. We got this thing going with Enzo and we need you to help put that over."

Usually its never one thing that causes the reaction in cases like these. It's built up over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wouldn't even say he was STUCK in the CW division. He wasn't even there for a full year. And not to mention, aside from the half-assed program with Green Arrow, he never was really given anything to thrive in until he showed up in the CW division. We can definitely agree on that.

I would imagine it was a few things, the DVD issue being a major one because it snuffed him out of pay (along with a grip of others). If he couldn't see the forest through the trees with the Enzo thing, then he probably needed to leave because it was more about him being jaded. I definitely thought the end game would be Neville coming back and winning the belt from Enzo after Enzo had a couple different challengers. Then babyface King Neville would win back his crown so to speak.
    That abomination of a T-shirt must have pushed Neville over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    That'd be a perfect match. I feel like those guys all deserve a spot on a ppv like this. Especially Matt Hardy. They really need to do something with this guy, super over, could really be a top player if they let him roll with that Broken stuff. I know he can't do the exact same thing but come on, the WWE have to have the means to squash any lawsuit that would come their way.
    Remember when there was so much discussion about whether we'd see the Broken gimmick, or some sort of variation, and there was allot of excitement about what the Hardys would do? Now Matt has been pretty much forgotten. I guess you could say Jeff's injury messed up plans, but there's still no reason not to use Matt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a nice swerve getting Triple H in the match, as I was expecting Kurt to announce himself, then JJ attacks him during the match. It was an unnecessary swerve but I expect they're using it to build to a Kurt vs Triple H match at WM. If any of the three have a significant enough injury where it doesn't happen, it gives them options instead of rushing someone else into a match with them. I hope they end up with Corporate JJ and it actually works. Reminds me of how they tried Rybaxel as Paul Heyman guys and what a flop that was.

31172-006 Receipt #11 Rev Donald's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The average age of each match:

Enzo vs. Kalisto = 30

Alexa vs. Charlotte = 29 Alexa vs. Natalya = 31

The Miz vs. Baron Corbin = 35 The Miz vs. Sin Cara = 40

Team Raw = 41 vs Team Smackdown = 40 Average age overall = 41

Women's Team Raw = 31 vs Women's Team Smackdown = 32 Average age overall = 32

Sheamus and Cesaro Average age 38 vs. The Usos Average age 32 Average age overall = 35

Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles = 40

The Shield average age 31 vs. The New Day average age 33. Average overall = 32

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    That abomination of a T-shirt must have pushed Neville over the edge.

Remember when there was so much discussion about whether we'd see the Broken gimmick, or some sort of variation, and there was allot of excitement about what the Hardys would do? Now Matt has been pretty much forgotten. I guess you could say Jeff's injury messed up plans, but there's still no reason not to use Matt.
    Oh yeah I remember. I also remember when they were pushing #Woken. I mean, he still posts in the Broken dialect we just don't get it on t.v. Why? They don't let him talk. I imagine Jeff getting hurt did curb something, but what?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    It was a nice swerve getting Triple H in the match, as I was expecting Kurt to announce himself, then JJ attacks him during the match. It was an unnecessary swerve but I expect they're using it to build to a Kurt vs Triple H match at WM. If any of the three have a significant enough injury where it doesn't happen, it gives them options instead of rushing someone else into a match with them. I hope they end up with Corporate JJ and it actually works. Reminds me of how they tried Rybaxel as Paul Heyman guys and what a flop that was.
    Fantasy booking:

Jordan gets Angle eliminated somehow. Doesn't have to be a pin or even a blatant turn. Maybe Jordan comes out angry with his pops and Kurt gets counted or something. The next night on Raw, regardless of who wins, Angle is treated like dog shit by Stephanie over him being the captain AND getting eliminated. A little times goes by and we see Jordan turn on his father at the request of the Authority promising him the same things they promised the likes of Randy Orton and another up and comer who was just a tag-team guy before-Seth Rollins.

The downside for Jordan is that the guy is a try hard. He's in a storyline that isn't really going anywhere and they have to now ride it out a little longer to give it some history I guess. But Jordan is in the wrong role at the present time so a heel turn just screams YES YES YES.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Last night was the most personality I have seen out of him which was nice. I think a heel turn is in order to just save this storyline though.

31172-006 Receipt #11 Rev Donald's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the youngest average age is in a WWE match.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are all well are of Cena, Angle, Shane, Orton, and Triple H's age though? Not to mention the fact that we know Balor, Nakamura, Roode, and Joe have been wrestling for over a decade.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I wonder what the youngest average age is in a WWE match.
    Maybe the ones between Cena and Lesnar from earlier in their career or something between Hardyz and Edge and Christian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd bet it'd be something like Edge/Christian v. The Hardyz at No Mercy 1999. Matt, Edge, and Christian were about 25, Jeff around 22-23. Or a match with Cody Rhodes and Rene Dupree.

Thread Information