Thread: Jon Jones and his steroids

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Jon Jones and his steroids

So sample B has come back positively positive. Not only is he facing a 4 year ban from the sport (not lifetime though which is interesting) but his masterful KO comeback win has been overturned to a NC. Not surprising. Those are the facts, now for my opinions:

How fucking disappointing. Jones was a once-in-a-lifetime enigmatic fighter (an actual one, Rogan) like nothing we had ever seen or ever will again. 22 nearly perfect victories, never losing (except a silly DQ when has was going ham on Hamill) vs the best in the world. Undisputed number 1 p4p MMArtist, a ppv draw to boot, and only recently turning 30 or 31. What a fucking waste. I defended him for years; he has always caught resentment for being "fake" (which was widespread and dumb), the extended fingers, the hit-and-run, etc. He was young and on top of the world generally being my primary argument for why people shouldn't be so petty or complain for the sake of it. All along though Jones haters had one magic bullet point to add to their arguments, that being that Jones is incredibly stupid and arrogant enough to believe he could continue getting away with shit. Who the fuck does steroids for their return fight when they were suspended, stripped, and dragged through the mud for over a year because of steroids? Someone who clearly they thought they were above the system, that's who.

FYI Jones/Brock was going to happen. Still probably will in Bellator but that will be in 4 years minimum which is a long, long time in a combat sportsman's career window. An unfortunate consequence in all of this is Daniel Cormier and the rest of his career. The undisputed number 2 in his division, arguably number 2 p4p, will again be known as the guy running the division in Jones' absence, this time after getting knocked out in glorious fashion, another asterisk next to his reign, and not the lineal champ.

Feel free to bash Jones in this thread if you'd like. You'll get no retort from me.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; September 13th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should just let Jones and Lesnar juice up and kill each other.

Kind of depressing that 2 of the bigger names in MMA turned out to be drug cheats.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In Brock's case not really depressing. I mean everybody knew before he'd ever failed a drug test. It also didn't happen while he was champion in a division that desperately needed him with years left in his prospective career, nor did he ever fail and get stripped (2x) when he an active fighter. You'll find many who share that "fuck it, let him juice" attitude including your's truly. No harm in letting 2 juice monsters go at it in a cage outside of maybe some brain damage.

So I'll have Jones and Ronda be the two most depressing megastars, the latter simply because she was an insanely overhyped fraud that many people ate up. I mean she was actually on the cover of Ring magazine.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; September 13th, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Kind of reminiscent on how Mike Tyson lost three years of his career in prison. Jones will only be 34 when he gets off (a possible) suspension so he will definitely fight again, question is if he will ever be the same. Tyson never really got back to his old form, he didn't fight between 1991 and 1995.

So disappointing, have wanted Jones/Gus II for years now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Feels like Cormier should have a case to sue Jones. It's one thing to juice and hit baseballs extra far. It a whole other thing to juice for a fight. That's some life and death type stuff. It should be a lifetime ban.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC need to find some stars again I think. Jones going can only mean more money for McGregor right?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little update on the Jon Jones situation

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-jon...-jeff-novitzky

Is Jones the biggest waste of talent in MMA history?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, no. Many mma fans think that he is the greatest fighter of all time. So while that can be considered wasted talent, not the biggest, the biggest is some guy who could’ve been great but totally washed out and didn’t achieve anything. Jones achieved everything.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Again, no. Many mma fans think that he is the greatest fighter of all time. So while that can be considered wasted talent, not the biggest, the biggest is some guy who could’ve been great but totally washed out and didn’t achieve anything. Jones achieved everything.
    I'm not sure what I answered the last time this question was popped but today I'm saying 50/50. Yes because even though he accomplished more than most, imagine the amount of money and legacy he left on the table for fucking up his life. I say no because of the obvious, he'll go down as one of the GOATS but sadly it'll have an asterisk by it to where we'll always say "well everyone was on some shit!" We won't say that about guys like Fedor and GSP, but we will about Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

Even if Jones was 100% truthful, the stigma is there for life. And it's not even so much the drug testing as it is the other shit i.e. the hit and run.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    A little update on the Jon Jones situation

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-jon...-jeff-novitzky

Is Jones the biggest waste of talent in MMA history?
    Not sure how A=B here when the underlying story is that Jones will probably be cleared.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Not sure how A=B here when the underlying story is that Jones will probably be cleared.
    But has the damage already been done? That's how A=B. Have all these set backs whether it's with the law, with USADA, did Jones sacrifice true greatness just so he could be about that life?

Again, yeah he had a stellar career but it's like Vince McMahon, a millionaire who should be a billionaire. I don't think a dude like McGregor would be cool looking back seeing 2-3 years of his prime were taken over some stupid shit regardless of his win/loss record or bank account status. The true goats aren't just content with "settling" for what you have already.

I just think of the bigger picture and where Jones could be and where he could have taken the sport. It's like with Fedor....A lot of fans hold out on calling him the GOAT because he never stepped into the Octagon or that his last years have been very unpleasant (losing to Meathead for Christ's sake).

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Many people (myself included) still consider him the greatest MMArtist of all time and all signs point to him being cleared to return. Prior to these recent rumblings I would have agreed wholeheartedly but now it looks like his career isn't actually over.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people (myself included) still consider him the greatest MMArtist of all time and all signs point to him being cleared to return. Prior to these recent rumblings I would have agreed wholeheartedly but now it looks like his career isn't actually over.
    Oh dude I'm right there, Jon Jones is someone who I'm willing to admit I'm a hypocrite over. He's done some fucked up shit that I would never let slide with 99.9% of the MMA world. But he's just great to watch, you never know what will happen next with him.

Do you think he will ever truly redeem himself? Does he have to redeem himself? His buyrate with DC in the rematch shows fans, including myself, aren't exactly butthurt over his trials and tribulations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Outside of his hit-and-run what has he done that you'd never let slide with anyone else?

And yeah, I believe he'll redeem himself and win back his belt if/when he returns.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of his hit-and-run what has he done that you'd never let slide with anyone else?

And yeah, I believe he'll redeem himself and win back his belt if/when he returns.
    Oh dude where do I begin....

The 2 failed drug tests, driving under the influence and wrecking his car, the hit and run. If that were Daniel Cormier I'd be like fuck that guy he's dog shit and I hope he never returns, plus he should be in jail!. Jon Jones I'm like, how much community service does he have to do to make this right?

Keep in mind when I say redeem I don't mean by winning fights. You can win fights all you want but he let a lot of fans down, the promotion, his peers. I'm just looking at different angles is all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So you'd never let a failed steroid test slide with anyone else?

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Jones can inject steroids into his ass while Bruce Buffer is announcing his name before a fight and he is still the GOAT

here is to his hopeful and eventual return , and continued decimation of the LHW division that has gone on for almost a decade. It has left that division in utter ruins, where guys like Shogun are ranked top 5

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you'd never let a failed steroid test slide with anyone else?
    I said 99.9%. And let me clarify as I know what you're getting at *cough* Cyborg *cough*. I never let that shit slide either, I just don't think it's something that should be used to slight her the way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Jon Jones can inject steroids into his ass while Bruce Buffer is announcing his name before a fight and he is still the GOAT

here is to his hopeful and eventual return , and continued decimation of the LHW division that has gone on for almost a decade. It has left that division in utter ruins, where guys like Shogun are ranked top 5
    Jones is just that damn good he makes good divisions look somewhat weak. Like Mighty Mouse. It's not that the division is weak, it's just that he is so much fucking better than everyone else. That's why at 205 you see a lot of guys trade wins, look competitive, and then get destroyed by Jones. I'd even give a shout to Cormier, dude is about as elite of a fighter as you can get and should be given his props.